Vermintide

So this comes out for consoles on Tuesday. What am I in for? Good game? Shit game? Meh game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gGwDmDwspFg
youtube.com/watch?v=SYLmDGg2pD0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shit pub games with randoms that can't read a fucking objective menu nor can they comprehend what that fucking shiny highlighted object means.

Game is also repetitive because the calsses are practically the same.

>pubs are shit
More at 11

it's ok

Really really good. But crippled by angear grind that splits the playerbase and you need to play with real people on a difficulty past hard. Was legitimately my goty last year though.

But is it still fun to just mess around in pubs if you don't wanna grind for the endgame gear? Are there enough areas to keep it from feeling stale and repetitive?

It's decent. Fun characters. Rip Vermintide general

It takes a lot from L4D2 and improves on it. The specials are tougher and seem more coordinated. The characters and their banter are neat too.

Big downside for me is that grindy weapon drop system. You can increase your chances of a good drop by finding tomes in the levels but more than likely you'll get useless shit you have to collect and melt down for something slightly less useless.

>tfw you got into the Quests and Contract beta

It's actually pretty good.

I hope it brings players back though.

Not enough content, not enough enemy variety, not enough variety between classes, not enough maps, not enough randomness in the maps. Oh a horde came at 30 seconds instead of 20 seconds? Much variety.

Its just too samey but super fun for a while. I just wish they would add more stuff.

ded gaem

Great melee combat

Shitty gear grind
Shitty & dead community, even deader than Battleborn

quests and contracts will help the gear grind, though it wont be out for a few more weeks from what I've seen in the beta. It's all pretty polished though.

That's great, hope people actually come back to it since it's actually a good game.

Did they ever optimize this?

I got lucky since I have about 6 people that I can play cata with frequently. New people coming into the game are shit outta luck though. Though I've seen new people trying the pc version out ever since console beta went live, so interesting is coming back.

I've gotten much better performance in the Quests and Contracts beta. Looks like a lot of performance improvements from console have carried over. Dunno when they'll go live.

extremely repetitive
melee combat is fun until you realize how boring it is
grinding for gear can get extremely annoying

>consoles
why bother? aim will be disgustingly bad and it'll run like shit when hordes come.

HOLY SHIT SIGMAR BLESS THIS RAVAGED BODY

youtube.com/watch?v=gGwDmDwspFg

>What am I in for?
A melee focused Left 4 Dead 2 clone that actually has a pretty satisfying melee system to it. I enjoyed it even though this was my first contact with Warhammer Fantasy simply because the voice actors do a pretty damn amazing job at their roles and I clearly saw the writers had plenty of fun writing the bantz between the characters.

Haven't played since they added the specific tomes for each characters to influence gear drop so I can't comment on whether or not the loot drop RNG has been improved. Also you better have people to play in your region, because being from HUEland I can tell you a high ping can lead to a very furstrating time, though it is nothing impossible as I've completed a full Cataclysm run with people form the US before, but pre-patch Wheat and Chaff still gives me nightmares.

As with all co-op games, having friends to play with is highly recommended, but some solo fun can be had with randoms as long as you don't expect to win on Nightmare and beyond difficulties.

user, please post more so I can try and get my friends back into the game ;_;

hats are possible quest rewards

Tell me more.

>503
Wat

>"hi"
>Rat Ogre sounds

People say the classes are more or less the same but is there a certain class I should avoid? I'm liking the look of the Witchhunter

>is there a certain class I should avoid?
The Elf. Unless you like rat semen. I miss you /vtg/.

>Are there enough areas to keep it from feeling stale and repetitive?
Last time I played there was a good amount of areas but half of them were crippled by the fact that you couldn't do max loot runs (you can pick up shit along the mission that take up your utility item slots but give extra loot dice) because those maps simply don't have the extra items to pick up.

All classes are great, it's just the weapons that matter

You have both quests and contracts that need to be completed. Each day you get a choice of 3 quests and 5 contracts. Quest rewards are orange trinkets/hats/weapons, as well as green trinkets. To finish a quest you need to collect keys, which are rewards from completing some contracts.

Possible rewards from contracts are tokens (green/blue/orange), keys and buffs. You can get a mix of up to 2 of these as rewards. All rewards are shown to you before you accept the quest/contract.

Buffs can either be 25% increased damage/defense for 2 hours, extra stamina (shield) for 1 hour, or extra loot for an hour or so. Once you turn in a contract and get a buff as a reward it starts ticking down. It's not so bad though since you get new ones each day.

It's solved a lot of my gripes with the loot system. There's also a lot of other new changes in the beta, like hearing a whooshing sound if a rat is about to attack your back, so you have a chance to block it. Also, if you're suffering from massive lag, you no longer freeze in place when you interact with items/objects. You can keep moving the whole time. Game feels so fucking much smoother because of that.

Also meant to say last time I played was late feb this year so I'm not sure if they changed shit.

I should add on that you can only assign yourself one quest and 3 contracts at a time. If you abandon a quest you lose all progress towards it and have to collect keys for it all over again. I've had to do that once already since I didn't want a shitty trinket with my first quest and wanted to get a hat instead.

a game that takes 5hours max to complete

Its nice there is a new way to get trinkets/loot in general but does really nothing in that there is nothing to get that loot for.

They need to mirror all levels backwards just for an easy way to make existing content feel fresh even for another week.

youtube.com/watch?v=SYLmDGg2pD0

That's nothing, I play with 2 other guys who are 1000+. I'd be the same but I have work and other vidya I like to play.

Have a picture of bots getting stuck on drachies in the beta.

It's a step in the right direction. Fatshark realised they fucked up and have been working hard to fix a lot of things. I'm just glad we're getting something.

>picture disappeared

Also this picture has nothing to do with bots being shitty, they're actually better in the beta. This is just a geometry bug introduced in the beta when they made getting to the second grim easier.

I bought a copy for my friends on Christmas last year

We still haven't played the game once together

Is that an Elf with a fucking halberd? Did they add new weapon types?

Elf gets a glaive now with the drachenfels DLC. It's designated the "stormvermin killer". No matter what difficulty it can kill a clan rat in one hit. The downside is it can only hit 2 rats max, and the second target only takes minor damage, but it still stumbles it. I prefer it over Sword n Dagger because I'm a fucking faggot.

It's "HOLY SHITMAN" user-kun

Also yeah, they added 2 new weapons in the drachenfels dlc. A glaive for the elf and a volley crossbow for saltzpyre, which is a rapid fire crossbow. It's the only good sidegrade to the brace of pistols.
repeater a shit

you forgot that the charged attack 2 shots stormvermin (it has a followup attack after charging for 2hit combo)

it's pretty much the weapon most elves use these days because of it's high damage output

>Horde mode game
>Weapon can only hit one target
That's a pretty big fucking downside

>No matter what difficulty it can kill a clan rat in one hit.
Where was this bullshit when pre-patch Wheat and Chaff was the only thing left for me to complete my full Cataclysm banner?

It also has only 2 shields of stamina, but getting endurance or perfect balance offsets this. Coupled with devastating blow you can control crowds pretty well even with its downsides.

Pre-patch WnC was fucking aids. Literally seas of stormvermin. I don't know what fatshark were thinking.

>drachenfels dlc
>mfw it's 9€
I have like 20€ left and no clue when I'll get more money. Being a poorfag is suffering. Glaive looks fucking badass though. I was an elf faggot anyway so nothing would change.

How's that Last Stand mode? I didn't even know they had added that shit.

The fact that it oneshots normal rats on cataclysm makes it a pretty powerful weapon though

You have four players for a reason, user. Dorf with a 2h hammer alone can control a swarm almost entirely by himself anyways.

>pre-patch Wheat and Chaff
Don't remind me user...I stopped playing before any major patches, I had yet to complete that and the Grey Seer one on Cata, what did they do to it?

>You have four players for a reason, user
To revive me when i get swarmed?

If you wanna jew it, friend someone who has the dlc. You can join them and play all the dlc maps for free and get both new weapons as loot, so long as they're hosting.

Last stand is "alright". The token and xp rewards used to be so much better but they nerfed the fuck out of them and made it so much harder it's literally unfun unless you enjoy killing lots and lots of rats in one spot.

>tfw you unironically roll 1h hammer for dwarf with killing blow normal and poison flask equipped

Finding fun meme weapon and trait combos is the best shit to do when you're endgame.

I played it during the free weekend a few months back, is it still terribly optimized? Other than that it was fun as fuck

The current live game is unoptimised as fuck, but the Quests and Contracts beta is better. I hope it stays that way up till release.

No it's shit, wait for space hulk deathwing instead

the game in a nutshell

I wanted to play this until I realized you were fighting a bunch of furry rats.

Could they not go with something less lame? Like zombies, or demons or maybe orcs? (As long as they aren't too silly.)

What are some stupid rats going to do to me? Bite my boots until the soles come off and I trip? It was a huge mistake picking up these furry rats, is what I am saying.

>shittalking the Skaven

Fun as fuck but dead. Dwarf and soldier are practically the same.

Also I expect 10 fps on consoles

good game

if a friend owns the DLC you can play with him and his DLC

>dead
OP is clearly a console player, it won't be dead if it's just releasing on consoles now.

zombies have been done (lol left for dead)
orcs and demons have been done (basically doom)

every one of those little fuckers are armed with shivs and that's not counting the ones that are twice their size, with quite impenetrable armor, or the ones that launch gas, or the ones that shoot you dead with boolits, or the ones that drag you away, or the ones that are just fucking assholes and got swole

He said more than that.

Chaos and Undead DLC when?

The Skaven were actually pretty satisfying to kill, not gonna lie. I put around 250 hours into it on PC, played til I had a orange version of every single weapon and full cata banner / emblems on shield for the last stand maps. Then I stopped because I literally had nothing left to do and grinding for trinkets/hats was retarded. In 250 hours, about 220 of which were on Cata or Nightmare, I got maybe 8 hats and like 5 orange trinkets worth a damn.

NEVER EVER MAN THING

>tfw your folder of vermintide pictures you collected from /vtg/ is now fucking useless

Play a single normal game per class to learn controls, then go straight to hard. Normal is somehow full of such impossible idiots that hard is actually far easier.

I went straight into nightmare my first time to prepare my anus. Now 500 levels later all I run is cata. Anything else feels easy as fuck.

>warhammer
>orcs
>c

Yeah, but having two frontline troops is an important option, and you can just take one of them if you're not looking to spend half the level crouching and spamming power attacks whenever a horde approaches.

My favorite line from him was whenever Kirillian got hooked by a Packmaster - "He's choking the elf, that's MY JOB!"

learn to share user

holy shit that latency lol

I wish I had gotten more webm's of vermintide before the general died.
I'd make my own but no one would see them anyway.

pretty fun hope they fixed broken op ranger

elf is still op as fuck, sorry user

>hurr dead dead dead

Dope as fuck on PC, I wouldn't play on consoles but thats me.

uhh, so this is how the terrible people next to me play the game

any tips for a beginner? I don't have any dlc and probably never will

I got the game during a steam sale or something, played like 3 scenarios and when I queued for games no one would ever join, so I got tired of playing with ultra dumb retarded AI and I quit.

I sort of liked the dwarf, but bright wizard felt more OP, the rest felt super weak compared to those two, but maybe things have changed since then?

I played all five, Elf was amazing, best DPS by far but it was easier to put a team on your back with Soldier or Dwarf since they could one shot specials with the rifle and control crowds better the the 2H hammers. Bright Wizard was more for soloing the end after your teammates ate shit and Witch Hunter was for fun when I just wanted a chill Nightmare run.

>a bunch of furry rats
How the everloving fuck are skaven furry

>mfw cleaving entire groups of skaven as dwarf with a 2h hammer
>every
>fucking
>swing

Ahh Vermintide. I remember the good ol' days of abusing every bug known to mankind, and the /vg/ general furiously uncovered more broken shenanigans before Fatshark could patch it away.

The Black Powder Exploit, then a 2nd exploit on Black Powder. The beam, then walling up by the windows, then not even going into the main Horn room at all on Horn of Magnus, the White Rat Cata farm, the Garden Map wall trick.

God I miss the general.

did they fix host migration because that was a pretty shitty oversight

In fantasy Orcs are spelled normally, 40k changes it to Orks.

Meh. Its Left4Dead Warhammer edition. It was entertaining for a couple days but got old pretty fast.

All classes are equally viable. Bright Wizard is definitely OP as fuck when she has bolt staff and you know how to manage your heat effectively.

For a beginner? Get into nightmare as soon as you can. The sooner you learn the ins and outs the better, as it means you can start working up to cataclysm. Holding block while reviving someone keeps you blocking and saves you from getting hit. Killing blow normal on a rapier/1 handed hammer or sword and dagger is one of the best traits you can get on those weapons. Turns them into killing machines. Bloodlust as a trait on melee weapons is usually a life saver. Regrowth charged is shit, never get it. Killing blow Heroic is also shit, never get that either.

I miss it every day. ;_;

It's still shit. They've made it slightly better in that you get a notification that you're about to join x person and are giving the option to return to the inn instead. They're still working on proper host migration but it'll be for-fucking-ever until we get it.

how gimped are you without the DLC?

Well it's a Gamesworkshop video game so I'll give you 3 guesses

You can play the DLC without owning it

Not really. The DLC weapons are pretty balanced, you can join a friend who has them to get all the content while they're hosting (along with rewards). All you're missing out on is more maps to play.

>furry rats.

Take-snatch your shit opinions and scurry-flee, Man-thing

It's a L4D reskin

>Bright Wizard is definitely OP as fuck when she has bolt staff and you know how to manage your heat effectively.

This is my favorite shit ever.
I swear everyone avoids the wizard cause they suck ass with the limitation and think it weak, and busy jacking off over the elf, while the wizard can do all she can and more.

>tfw burning up armored 6 packs in 10 seconds without even a potion used

Being able to handle all specials and armoreds alone lets you carry all the retards.

>only servers are in distant shitholes
It's dead.

You need education kid if you don't realize that everyone will see their own region's hosts.

Is the Witch Hunter bad? Seems like he can't CC

If I remember rightly he fucking ruins Orges. Pop a potion and unload with the pistols.

He's bar none my favourite character. Rapier/brace of pistols.

all of them are great, the worst thing is how similar soldier and dorf is

>Vermintide on consoles

So I take it they finally optimized the shit out of the game?

To be fair, Rapier/Pistols are really the ONLY thing you should be using.

For ranged, your crossbow is just an inferior version of the Dwarf's and your pistols can headshot, just bring those instead. When I played Months ago, the Revolver Pistol thing was just terrible, couldn't kill anything, and was generally a waste of a slot.

For melee you only have the Zweilhander, which is just the giant weapon from EVERY class, and your Rapier, the unique cool Headshotting melee weapon, that can shred a horde down by just spamming left click and strafing. I don't even remember if he had a 3rd melee weapon, just that all of his other options besides Rapier/Pistol's were fucking terrible or not needed.

What's the fastest way to get loot? I only get garbage, I'm in desperate need of upgrades.

When using rapier, hit one target once then quickly move to the next, and just keep alternating between them. Each hit stumbles them slightly so they don't have an opening to attack. Abuse the shit out of dodging and pushing and you wont get hit.

Volley Crossbow from the DLC is a good sidegrade to brace. Has good single target capabilities, piercing, and the charged shot is amazing for panic-killing specs in your face and with a str pot is the fastest way to kill a rogre.

Going by my experience with the Quests and Contracts DLC performance is much better. Dunno when it's going live though.

GRINDAN

If you can wait for QnC to come out it'll make getting loot so much easier.

Do easy Cata runs of ramparts if nothing else works

Mediocre.

It has a lot of the same glaring problems that L4D had.

The equipment system is a complete joke.

Its Orc in Fantasy you literally retarded faggot

>I don't even remember if he had a 3rd melee weapo
A one handed axe. WITHOUT the pistol that the Rapier has. It was so beyond horrendously shit of a weapon choice for Saltzpyre that no wonder you forgot about it. I had the unluckyness of it being my first and only orange weapon for a long ass time so I tried really fucking hard to find a niche for it.

For all those people that had to play with me on Nightmare while I used it, I'm sorry.

I'll buy this game if it doesn't run like ass like I'm lead to believe

So, I haven't touched the game in months, but I've got a legendary and helms for every weapon type thanks for exploit farming. Is the balance between the weapons better? I know the bright witch had a weapon that just hurled a fireball, which was ass, witch hunter had the Revolver Pistol and One-handed Ax, which was ass, and Soldier had the Mace and Shield which was just inferior to the Sword and Shield. I know there is others, but its been a while.

Holy shit, I remember that stupid ax, that was ALSO my only legendary weapon. I was that asshole wandering around nightmare missions with the Ax and Revolver Pistol trying to get at least a blue of anything else so I could stop being terrible.

Oh god, that Ax is sadness crafted into a single weapon.

>using a shit weapon just because its orange

Did you come directly from WoW?

I just really wanted it to be good man. It felt weighty, the thunk of the ax as it just drops on a Stormvermin and oneshots him was pure sex.

Shame about everything else about it. After a couple rounds of dying to slave rat hordes, I just went back to my Green Rapier and never touched the Ax again, I swear. Forgive me, my nightmare teammates.

Don't you mean ORRUK?

Will it go on sale for 15 bucks again? i never picked it up then but Im considering it now, if it does go on sale.

I had like 4 legendaries before actually using one
My bolt staff is still blue, its the only thing I use, got legendaries of all other staves

Me and a friend can clear Hard with the AI, but any other map you need at least 3 coordinated people to win.

You truly get good when you know how to not take damage. Push timing and using the correct attack can make the difference between taking 20 damage off a ratling horde and not taking damage fighting 2+ Stormvermin

Axe is still ass as far as I'm concerned, fireball staff is still fucking balls as well. Firebolt staff got buffed a while back though.

>Firebolt staff got buffed a while back though.
>That full-auto with headshots
>That charged arrow

>buffed

Feeling doubts, the thing is already better than anything else you can use.