Should I finally cave in and get a 3ds?

Should I finally cave in and get a 3ds?

What are the essentials?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Decrypt9-(Browser)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What are the essentials?

Not 11.0 firmware so you can pop her cherry

Monster Hunter.
Elite Beat agents
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon
Smash bros.
Fire Emblem
Zelda
Ghost Trick (was it on ds?)

The best exclusives are ALBW and Tri Force Heroes (if online is still alive or if you have a couple of friends with 3DSes), Bravely Default and the Kirby games.

>Elite Beat agents
>Ghost Trick

not on 3ds, right?

You can play ds games

But I'm pirated

Shit, I might buy one for the new Picross 3d

monhun
smt
3d land
kid icarus
a link between worlds
luigi
kirby
------------------------------------
niche
------------------------------------
etrian odysseys
fire emblem
zero escape
bravely default (horrible story)
animal crossing
professor layton
ace attorney

a9lh and Luma

luma and al9h

>he's unemployed
LOL

pokemon
mario
zelda
mario
pokemon
zelda
zelda
mario

Pic related is my collection. I've enjoyed most of these, only one I wasn't keen on was Fantasy Life, but may give it another go.

What genre do you like OP?

>he's projecting because he's a buttblasted buyfag
Sad

it's better to hack your 3ds even if you're a buyfag retard

>region lock
>uncensor patches
>dual audio option
>mods
>translations(fe fates had translation months before release and some JP only game I forgot the name)

don't forget about N3DS overclocking

>>region lock
buy a japanese 3DS if you're such a weeb?
>>uncensor patches
yeah have fun fapping with your 400x240 screen
>>dual audio option
???
>>mods
literally the only game with that is smash, which you shouldn't be playing on 3ds
>>translations
*shitty translations by dumbass weebs

literally doesn't do anything

try playing senran kagura without it fag

>uses weeb as an insult
>muh nintendo console purity

>FE: Awakening -- 7.5/10
>Bravely Second -- 6/10
>Bravely Default -- 9/10
>Kirby Triple Deluxe -- 9/10
>Kid Icarus Uprising -- 8.5/10
>New Super Mario Bros 2 -- 8.5/10
>Super Mario 3D Land -- 8.5/10
>Star Fox 64 3D -- 9/10
>Tri Force Heroes -- 9.5/10
>OoT 3D -- 10/10
>ALBW -- 10/10

I haven't played enough of Shinobi yet to give a fair score. I didn't like Tetris and Puzzle and Dragons.

No one wants to play your weeb garbage

Even extremely popular games like Pokemon have gigantic framedrops.

>No one wants to play your weeb garbage
nice job btfo'ing the entirety of the vita audience

So bitter that DGS isn't ever planned to be localized. It had lots of excellent 3D animations and are just as a whole more "3D" than the AA games so far. Also therr is so much text I suppose fan translations will take some time.

DGS had a character looking at the background, that's more than any AA character had ever done.

The first game had so many unsolved mysteries that I expect that entire spin-off series wont get touched upon until it's 'concluded'.

>being proud of wasting money when you could be saving tons

If you're even remotely interested in what the NX might be, I'd try to wait it out.

If not though, go for it. It has the best library of hardware released since 2011.

No one should buy a 3DS right now. Why anyone would before knowing what exactly is up with the NX is beyond me, I bought mine 2 years ago, it's just a monster hunter machine, beyond that I sort of regret the purchase to be honest.

Imagine having so much money that spending $40 every few months on to support the people and systems that make the hobby you enjoy possible has a negligible impact on your finances.

You already missed the GOAT edition. Don't even bother.

>I bought mine 2 years ago, it's just a monster hunter machine, beyond that I sort of regret the purchase to be honest.

I bought mine 3 years ago and love the system. I've also never liked Monster Hunter at all. You do realize that taste is subjective, right?

>Be Me
>At PAX
>See a cosplay cutie dressed as Zelda
>Get a pic with her
>Strike up a conversation
>We share similar hobbies. Things are going great!
>fuckit.jpg
>I'm going for it
>"Hey, we should trade friend-codes!"
>I struggle to contain my excitement.
>"Yeah! That sounds great! I'll be down here later for the Tri-Force heroes meetup, you should come find me." She says.
>nailedit.exe
>She slides her original crystal pink 3DS out of her handbag
>classy as fuck
>I pull my crisp New 3DS with Pokemon faceplates out of my back pocket
>"Oh..." she says
>"Um... is something wrong?"
>"No... I just... I kinda thought you'd be an XL guy." She says
>I'm crushed
>She slips her 3DS back into her bag and scurries off, but not before saying,
>"Hey listen, I really gotta go. Maybe we'll run into each other later or something.

Don't let this happen to you user.

Are those faceplates available for sale?

I'm not even remotely interested in NX and I usually get new consoles years into their life anyway.

Not the first time a woman is disappointed that what you have is not XL, I suppose?

Imagine being able to get any game you want and not having to deal with those ridiculous nintendo fanboy scalpers driving up prices because nintendo never prints enough copies unless it's weebshit like fire emblem?

kek

>mfw you wanted to fuck an XL bitch
Hambeasts are the only type of girls most of you can get anyway, I guess.

If you want a game, pre-order it. Why do people get burned by this so routinely.

If I want a game and I know it'll be good, I order it on amazon Prime and it shows up at my house on the day of release.

Couldn't be easier.

Is the 3DS hacking process still a several hour undertaking?

>missing the point
How the fuck are you going to pre-order a game from 2013, user?
How are you going to pre-order something that went out of circulation, or got it's price doubled because of retarded nintendo fanboys?

It depends on what firmware and console you have, but it's way easier.
For the N3DS getting a9lh is a one click install after the 9.2 downgrade. O3DS users still have to go to 2.1 but the CTRNAND method is several times quicker than the REDNAND method.

I ain't playing no tiny ass screen. Galaxy for life

Who ever said it wasn't? That's why I said "I" regret the purchase, put some ice on your ass kiddo.

If you want to go objective though there's always
>trash hardware built around gimmick no one uses that pushes the cost up higher then it would be otherwise
>ergonomic nightmare
>due to main gimmick no one uses, has the worst display on a handheld imaginable (and I have the new new 3DDS XLLS 2.0.1.2.73, how anyone manages to even play the original is beyond me)

There are tons of reasons that the 3DS is garbage beyond my opinion, but my last post was just giving my opinion, deal with it.

a solid 32GB SD card

>MUST PLAY
Shin Megami Tensei IV / Apocalypse
Monster Hunter (all of them or skip to 4U/Gen)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (if you haven't really played it on wii, like myself)
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
>Good Games that you should play
Fire Emblem Awakening/Fates
Azure Striker Gunvolt 1/2
Ace Attorney Trilogy, 5 and 6
SMT: Devil Survivor 1/2
SMT: Soul Hackers
>Optional but fun-ish games
Metroid Federation Force
7th Dragon Code VFD
>Games I haven't played really but I think they're good
Dragon Quest VII
Bravely Default/Second
Kingdom Hearts DDD

I could go on forever if I was talking about every game on my 3DS, but those are the important ones

As aforementioned, price isn't really an issue when you're gainfully employed.

Look, I honestly don't care. Steal all the games you want if you can't afford them. I'm glad you get to enjoy them too.

But you have to on some level realize that the video game industry still exists today because most people pay for the games right? You'd have nothing to steal otherwise.

I'm not saying you should be grateful, but can we all drop the whole, "lololol buyfag" bit? It's lame.

I have an old 3DS on firmware 6.something. Am I supposed to upgrade to 9.2 first then?

That's fine. You can do the 2.1 downgrade without first updating.

Yes, but dont do it from system update. Youll go to 11.1 and then no homebrew.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Decrypt9-(Browser)

Wait, i read your question wrong. You dont need to update. sorry

>This statement again
That's bullshit because plenty of people still bought games like fire emblem, SMT 4 apocalypse, smash 4, and dragon quest 7.

The game industry also exists because of microtransactions, bait and switch, on disc DLC and companies like nintendo pandering to different audiences mostly children with amiibos
But go ahead and keep droning on about how every pirate never buys games they enjoyed, or how the game industry is going to be ruined when it's inevitable. It's a hobby and people are running out of ideas, not to mention quality control.

Having an extensive library of 3DS games of different genre's here are my top 10 recommendations:

10. Ultimate NES Remix
9. Kirby Planet Robobot
8. Shovel Knight
7. Resident Evil Revelations
6. Mario Kart 7
5. Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire
4. Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon
3. The Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds
2. Animal Crossing New Leaf
1. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

is zelda oot any good on a 2ds? are the controls good?

>tfw want to setup cfw on 3ds
>tfw too stupid
it hurts to live

The Remaster is fantastic and would highly recommend, although I can't speak for how it plays on the 2DS.

Yeah, it's a worthwhile port.
The ABXY buttons feel a little cheap but everything else feels fine.

Plailect's guide takes you through it. All the text at the top of each step of the guide is scary but that's only for power users who want to know the specifics of what's going on, as long as you follow each step it'll turn out fine.

I've still got to get Robobot and Dark Moon, among some other games like the new Metroid and Majora's Mask. I might get NES Remix too at some point. RE Revelations was pretty good (I got my copy for super cheap too) but could have been even better with less action and more suspense and a couple of actual puzzles, imo.

I just don't trust myself to not ruin everything when I tried to solder things.

thanks. while im at it how is pokemon x & y

Don't even bother with gen6 pokemon.

>still no waverace game

you had ONE job nintendo. I originally said I would only buy a 3ds if they made a waverace game and I'm sticking by it.

Fuck a9lh. That shit still has too many steps to install it. Homemenuhax and Luma are much easier.

OOT on 3DS is the best way to play OOT. The 3D looks great, but even with out it (like on a 2DS), the visuals are dramatically improved from N64.

There are several playability tweaks to the 2/3DS version like using the second screen to navigate inventory and for a dedicated ocarina button. Iron/hover boots are usable items now instead of equpiment. So no more pausing and unpausing every time you want to put on/take off the iron boots in the water temple.

Controls are fine. The circle pad works well enough and first person aiming is really easy with the gyro. Use the circle pad to move in the general direction of where you want to aim and then fine tune with the gyro. WWHD and TPHD do this on Wii U too. It's how every zelda game should do it IMO.

>Plailect's guide takes you through it.
I got to finding what firmware my secondhand 3DS have and what 'hardmod' is before giving up.

>buy 3DS
>buy the 5 games that are worth the money
>hack it
>realize that the rest of the library is dogshit and I already own the only games worth playing

what happened

If you have a N3DS there's no reason not to install a9lh any more.
O3DS still requires some extra hoops to jump through but it's way less than before, and I think it's worth it.

i havent played a pokemon game since emerald. what makes it so bad?

lol

>That's bullshit because plenty of people still bought games like fire emblem, SMT 4 apocalypse, smash 4, and dragon quest 7.

Exactly. Plenty of people bought those games. So the doors of the business stay open and you can keep stealing new products. Good for you.

The rest of your post is bullshit.

Nintendo is a publicly traded company. Go to there investor relations website and you can explain to us all the reasons why you're wrong.

Hardware and software make for the bulk of revenue. No one would buy Amiibos for software that doesn't sell. Nintendo has no future as a designated shelf-candy company.

>Plailect's guide takes you through it.
I tried that, but a lot of stuff reads ambiguous so I didn't want to risk it. Like if it says
>Versions between 9.0.0 and 9.2.0 should do the following:
what if I'm exactly on 9.2? Anyway I had trouble following it and don't want to brick my shit, so.

How bad is the framerate on Ace Combat?

>what happened

What happened is the same thing that happens when anyone gets unlimited access to free shit. It becomes unenjoyable.

When I was sixteen or some shit, I downloaded the entire NES library to my PC because why not, sounds awesome right? In reality, I'd play a game for 3 minutes, say, "This sucks" and move on to the next game. Eventually I stopped playing of course.

10 years later, I dust off my old NES and buy a few games at the flea market and have a blast. Turns out video games are more fun when you curate what you want and spend your time and effort on that rather than having the entire thing.

You can do the way easier method and disregard the a9lh setup anyway.

>Get access to homebrew, either through the web browser or some other method, get the starter pack on your sd card Make sure the SD card is FAT 32, and that you have access to a SD card reader
>Downgrade to 9.2 with the right files for the region you got your 3ds in Important because if you get the wrong region, you will brick...just double check the files
>Install menuhax, so you don't need the browser to get to homebrew
>Backup your game data and your NNID if you have any games you already bought
>Open the pasta homebrew app
>Open homebrew again through the browser
>Install the fbi installer
>Make your Emunand by copying your system with the EMUnand9 homebrew app
>Test it by opening the cfw of your choice and installing a game
>?????

There's plenty of guides online, don't listen to faggots telling you that you absolutely need a9lh. It's a waste of time, just in order to play gba games on your system as well.

Man NEETs are truly the worst. They are so coddled and entitled that they will endlessly argue past the fact that they are stealing and chastising those who actually help keep the industry alive by paying for what they play.

9 times out of 10 they are also weebs.

>muh 2dpd

It's pretty steady on my O3DS.

...If that's the case then why are they going mobile?
Why did the announce that the WiiU was a commercial failure?

if you're an o3ds peasant then maybe you don't care, but on the n3ds installing a9lh works instantly with no 2.1 downgrade. It's faster and easier than making an emunand even.

Well then if there is a game(s) you are dying to try, then go for it, try and maybe get a lightly used one or something.

Might wanna re-read that entire post before you respond next time.
Nice buzzwords though.

>If that's the case then why are they going mobile?

Because they'd be dumb not to. Their mobile games will make a lot of money (Mario Run won't be F2P by the way).

The only reason they'll make so much money though is because they're built on the backs of 30 years of quality games on quality hardware.

>Why did the announce that the WiiU was a commercial failure?

It was a commercial failure.

You're just saying stuff at this point. No attempt to even form a coherent argument.

>n3ds installing a9lh works instantly with no 2.1 downgrade
I apologize for being stupid, but for n3ds with 11.1, you still need another CFW 3DS or you'll need to 'hardmod', which includes soldering things inside the n3ds, yeah?

It all just sounds so daunting.

Most of my friends pirate and I can tell you that they all use the "I but it if I enjoy it" excuse and NEVER once buy the game they pirate after beating it. I can also tell you that the "microtransactions" excuse is rendered moot when you have to first purchase the game to be subject to those tactics. They can't profit off DLC if you aren't buying the game in the first place.

Might wanna get a job so you don't have to claim that you're a "smart consumer" when the truth is you really have no choice but to steal.

I buy**

That's correct.

You don't absolutely need a9lh just like you don't absolutely need to hack your 3ds, user. The main reason a9lh is pushed over older methods is because it's more thorough, greatly lessens the risk of bricking either by user error or nintendo pulling something, and It provides more utility to custom software further down the line.

It's the newer standard, and you can already see several applications that won't work properly without it. GBA support isn't the main reason to bother with it.

It's marginally more difficult to install, but nothing you shouldn't really expect with CFW/jailbreaking shit.

> not buying games on day one

You're own fault tbqhwyf

Getting irrelevant, are we?
No I'm disregarding your argument:
>Hardware and software make for the bulk of revenue
Which clearly isn't the case SINCE THEY ARE RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS and that the WiiU was hilariously bad. The lack of third party stuff should have been an indicator that companies don't really have interest in Nintendo anymore.

Keep on moving those goalposts.
It won't get you anywhere.

This.

If you need to pirate to afford games then whatever. Have at it. No skin off my nose.

If you wear it like a badge of honor though, I'm going to laugh at you. You're not special because you followed a tutorial online.

You're just a broke ass trick. Enjoy your games, but don't try to turn it into some moral high ground.

Can I uncensor senran kagura at 3ds?

Doesn't the guide have you setup menuhax anyway?

>>Hardware and software make for the bulk of revenue
>Which clearly isn't the case

Remember when I said that Nintendo was a publicly traded company and that you should go to their investor relations website to learn all about how they make their money? I wasn't joking. Do that.

You might learn something.

Or choose to remain ignorant. That'll probably keep you on the path of being too poor to afford video games into your 30s though.

I think we're at an impasse here. Have a good one.

(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)

no need when you have a9lh

>Most of my friends pirate and I can tell you...
That's great. I'm not your friend. I'm telling you otherwise that people actually do buy games they pirated and enjoyed.
>Microtransactions are rendered moot because you have to purchase the game in order to be subject to those tactics
Look at what happened to Deus Ex mankind divided. I rest my case.
>They can't profit off DLC
Just stop.

>Might wanna get a job so you don't claim bullshit
Who claimed I'm unemployed? Oh right, you did. Wrong again.

Are you done yet?

I just did exactly that, just for AA6. I'll probably get AA5 as well.

Is PLvAA a decent game? I was never fond of Layton games because I suck at riddles/puzzles.

There's a point in a9lh setup that requires entering the homebrew menu a couple times to run different things, so menuhax is set up temporarily then to just make it quicker than going through the browser each time.

Do nipples really affect the fap potential of senran kagura that much?

Also maybe I just haven't discovered how, but I imagine masturbating while playing a 3DS to be awkward at best.

>What are 3ds essentials
>HURR YOU SHOULD DOWNLOAD MY COMPUTER VIRUSES SO U CAN STEEL VIDYA

just kill yourselves already, faggot ass BEEYOTCH. My board is for mature adults

You've inspired me user. I will become a pirate piece of shit, I don't care about the risks, your warm encouragement will see me through!

Well, fuck. Either I learned how to solder or wait until there's a way to get cfw without hardmods.

I dunno much about any 3ds games, my 3DS is so let a monster hunter player. It's the only reason I picked up the system at all.

They just want that Busty May mod for Pokemon Sapphire remake

I just want to play Taiko user

Just for fun I decided to do the legwork myself.

The image is a clipping from Nintendo's FYE16 consolidated statement of sales.

Amiibo, DLC, and smart device sales make up less than 17% of total sales.

Notwithstanding that no one would buy DLC for games that don't exist and no one would buy Amiibos for properties that weren't built on the back of quality games.

The Internet is great. So much information. Publicly available. For free. Yet so many people choose to remain ignorant dumbasses. Oh well. It just goes to show that if you put in a little bit of effort, you come out ahead of like, 90% of the rest of society ;)

If someone figures out how to do remote system transfers you can probably do that instead.

Make sure you get the right downgrade files.
You also need 9.2 because that's the only software that most of the homebrew applications work on.
"old" 3ds refers to 2ds, launch 3ds and 3ds xl systems
"new" 3ds refers to the 'new' 3ds systems, and 'new' 3ds XL systems

I also forgot.
Whatever you do.
Do not attempt to use the internet browser normally BEFORE you try to access homebrew. It will lock you out of the browser permanently, unless you upgrade to a different firmware with physical cartridges of games.

>computer viruses
Are you technologically incompetent? No wonder you seem so asshurt. It must be tough not being able to read and follow simple instructions.

What are the 3DS games with highest fappability? Can't think of any past Senran Kagura

Every game can be rich in fappable content with the power of imagination

A simple chart isn't enough to prove your claims.
Gonna need some sources and factual information to back that shit up. Since you've "Already decided to do the legwork" maybe you can waste everyone's time by trying to find more reputable information from other, unbiased sources?
The passive aggressive smiley face isn't really needed. It just seems like you're trying a little too hard to fit in.

I'll ask again.
You done yet? There's more important matters to discuss. Like how nintendo fucked up so bad that I can download whatever I want right from their servers, should I choose to do so.
If you don't like the thread, just hide it.

Yeah, it was my FUCKING fault my 3ds started freezing, removing my badges, and rewrapping my FUCKING eShop games, and fucking up the name of my ORAS base, even though I didnt have these FUCKING problems before or after I had cfw. Fucking stupid ass BEEYOTCH! Dont step to your elders like that kid. in fact, go take your faggotron shill ass back 2reddit and leave MY board for mature intellectuals like me, beeyotch.

>Another nintendo fanboy on damage control

>Zelda
real descriptive

>hurr durr fanboy
>hurr durr dmg cuntroll
>hurr durr reddit
>hurr durr smug annie may faec

MY board is for adults

just any of them are fine

I've already managed to set it up! You weren't kidding, it sure was easy. I'm downloading games from the eshop as we speak.