Anyone playing PSO2?

Been playing PSO2 for the past week or so as RaCast (currently level 23). Anyone else playing?
Which ship do you play on?
Which race and class are you?
Any ideas on which subclass I should pick?

Other urls found in this thread:

arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11dNbxIkbxIobxIkbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo0jdodBIbl2i3INGAqAIdJksNI20000006doIn0000000jdobnIbIdboInGOcAixJIeKIn00000fdo0000000Io00000000ioIn00000000IbIo0000000jdoIb0000000lo000000j
arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11bAbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo0jdodBIb000000000doIn0000000jdoib0000000fdo0000000Io00000000ioIn00000000doIo4Ni2rIrFcKIklo00000jdoIb0000000lo000000j
youtu.be/bgOZmAco5S0?t=1204
youtube.com/watch?v=xNhPQ-7kPWY
youtube.com/watch?v=VL-lofmaSQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3B7yWJCGI6w
youtube.com/watch?v=zOOV7WSKBhM
youtube.com/watch?v=G9DU0C8cYPg
youtube.com/watch?v=NKdhogW5Ays
youtube.com/watch?v=PSOyjD7TeuE
bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-extended-maintenance-and-patch-8272014/#pane-0-1
arks-layer.com/nova.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Anyone else playing?
Yes, now and then, but not as much lately because no new end game content that I like.
>Which ship do you play on?
>Which race and class are you?
Dewman as main char, got all classes at maximum, but mainy Force, Fighter, Braver.
>Any ideas on which subclass I should pick?
Hunter if you like launchers and fighting against mobs. Braver if you like rifles and fighting against bosses more.

Used to be a HUBRmarl in Ship2, but, after giving it a chance twice, I decided to just uninstall it.
Game went to shit, and it wasn't that great to begin with. I'm not sure what was so hard about just copy-pasting PSPo2i, changing the title and using a proper server for multiplay (since PSO's diablo style is too "outdated" for mobage kids), since they had no problems in copying every bullshit aspect of the previous games and adding a jump button for shits and giggles.

Don't suppose you'd know how many ENG players use that particular ship. I see a bunch on Ship 02 but they're never actually playing, just sat around.

>Hunter or Braver
Personally prefer rifles to launchers, though I've heard Hunter is just the best option for Ra. What benefit would I get from picking Braver over Hunter?

Not sure if you are still around.
Game is shit
I stopped playing literally 2 years ago and my gear is not outdated, yet, except for a weapon I got 3-4 months ago when it looked promising, but nope.
To answer your questions:
>No, waiting for Amdu Ultimate
>Ship 1, 2, 4, 7
>12 characters. Literally every race except human, main RA, have every class to 75 multiple times except for SUmmoner
>HU

I recommend you the most noob-friendly cookie cutter build
arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11dNbxIkbxIobxIkbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo0jdodBIbl2i3INGAqAIdJksNI20000006doIn0000000jdobnIbIdboInGOcAixJIeKIn00000fdo0000000Io00000000ioIn00000000IbIo0000000jdoIb0000000lo000000j

On RA, try to level WeakBullet to Lv6, then focus on Weak Hit Advance(heads also count as weakpoints for ranged weapons, read: rifle, launcher, bow, tmg, gunslash ranged mode). Then go after Upper Trap+Tactics Trap(tactics traps restores PP based on your maximum PP, also works with Gravity Bomb and Stun Grenade).
Then max WB followed by everything else.

On HU, I recommend you to go on the left side, Max Fury Stance, add 1-3 points to Massive Hunter, level everything else, and leave Automate Halfline for last (pretend Iron Will does not exist until you have Lv70+ with HU)

>Don't suppose you'd know how many ENG players use that particular ship.
There is like 10 active players on my friend list (out of ~100). The English community is dead as fuck, because the main circlejerk leaders fucked off to other games (for now), but you're actually not missing much because it's fun enough to just play with Japanese players.

>What benefit would I get from picking Braver over Hunter?
Higher weak point damage, normal attack damage, access to bow, that's about it.

Cool stuff, homie. Thanks for helping me out.
Unfortunate to hear that about the ENG community but I agree it has been fun playing with JAP players. I was hoping there'd be more ENG players just for communication. Thanks for helping me out with suggesting a sub-class.

Keep on mind, bows are not the "best" option for RAs, probably on low levels they are fun but they are somewhat useless for a main RA on higher level content/"lategame".
And you would be able to maximize Weak Stance (from BR) faster compared to Fury Stance skill tree on HU.
If you ever want to sub /BR I'd recommend you something like this
arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11bAbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo0jdodBIb000000000doIn0000000jdoib0000000fdo0000000Io00000000ioIn00000000doIo4Ni2rIrFcKIklo00000jdoIb0000000lo000000j
Everything under "rapid shoot" can be optional since we don't know if you are going to use bows (and bows are kinda awful without that skill and its passive effects activated)

Bows are pretty fun, but I prefer my Full Cylinder over everything else I've tried at the moment. I guess Hunter would be the best choice right now.

Yeah that's why I suggested it since I see it as a class with "training wheels", one should experiment later on with enough skill trees resets meseta and gear

Skill tree resets cost money or they can be given out during rebalances, correct? Is the easiest way to get AC just syncing my account to PSO2es or is there an easier way? Thanks for your help by the way.

Yes. They should be handing free skill resets soon. I have over 50 rotting in my storage.
Yes, as far as I know that's the best and safest way to do it.

>Skill tree resets cost money or they can be given out during rebalances, correct?
Yes

> Is the easiest way to get AC just syncing my account to PSO2es or is there an easier way? Thanks for your help by the way.
Also yes, but for some people it's not working (like me) so I just buy webmoney on ebay (which costs a bit more).

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for helping a scrub out.

Oh, also you will get reset passes equal to the number of characters you have. That means you can get 3 for free each time.

That's excellent news actually. Didn't really feel like paying for those resets.

Yeah, really shouldn't buy these.
The only thing worth buying with real money is multiple mags if you want to play different classes on a single and even that is optional because you can just make a character for each type.

>Love doing small party Challenge Quest for fun
>Can never get friends to do it

If you ever get the chance, try it out OP. It's pure suffering by yourself, but full Multi-Party makes it boring though. However, you want a full multi-party if you are grinding for those 13 stars.

I only planned on switching between Fighter and Ranger on my Cast character so I was thinking of making my mag have high S.ATK and R.ATK. Good idea or bad?

Not OP but I wouldn't mind doing CQ for fun again.

Hybrid mags are not actually recommended.
tl;dr : Go pure attack (only S-ATK, or only R-ATK, or only T-ATK), unless you want to try some gimmicky build.

Good idea or bad?
Bad, always pure ATK. You will be able to equip stronger stuff earlier and do more damage

I'd love to give that a go but I'm struggling to find folks at the moment. Maybe it'll get better for me once I reach the end-game content.

So can you officially play an English version now or do you still need to do a workaround?

Fortunately I only decided to try a hybrid mag today so it has like lv.27 or so R.ATK and lv.5 S.ATK.

You can do them at any level. The special blocks for it will make everyone Level 1, but it helps having experience (or not being a complete dumbass)

Still need to use the ArksLayer PSO2 launcher to play in English. There are a few things untranslated but the game is fully playable and fully understandable for someone who knows no Japanese.

im also curious about this

I might try those out once next time I play. Thanks.

>Still need to use the ArksLayer PSO2 launcher to play in English
That's wrong, I have been avoiding Tweaker for a year now.

Oh right, sorry about that. I know patches can be done manually. Why avoid the tweaker?

You can play JP version with english patches
If you talk about the SEA version then yes you might need a proxy

It was noticed by the anti-cheat protection PSO2 has recently and now has some weird workarounds, but I still don't want to risk it.
Also it installed a bunch of cancer .dll like Damage Parser which is officially forbidden by SEGA now and I would never want this shit on my PC anyways.

Planning on starting to play today, I was going to make a Cast Hunter, but the last PSO I played was EP1&2, do Casts still get ZERO techniques, or has that changed?

I need to go somewhere for a bit, but when I get back I'll be up for doing CQ if anyone else is interested. If the thread isn't up I'll make a new one; probably bump it for like an hour if I get no bites.

They can use techniques like anyone else, the only difference is they will have a tiny bit smaller t-atk stat (which really doesn't matter in late game)

OP here, I wouldn't mind joining if you don't mind a newbie joining.

CASTs can use techs like every other race. You just need to pick the class for it.

I don't mind. It's all for fun. I personally don't think I'm that good and drop my spaghetti when fighting things like Cougar NX for instance.

I personally don't enjoy challenge mode, because it's too slow, but damn the BGM is so good.
youtu.be/bgOZmAco5S0?t=1204

Awesome stuff homie.
PSO2 as a whole has an amazing OST
>dem Tokyo and Las Vegas BGMs
youtube.com/watch?v=xNhPQ-7kPWY
youtube.com/watch?v=VL-lofmaSQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3B7yWJCGI6w
>dat OP song
youtube.com/watch?v=zOOV7WSKBhM

I jumped back in after the tier 6 graphics update was added. Been putting a bunch of time into it ever since.

Ship 2

Who the hell plays only one char? I have a human, two newmans, and a dewman, and between the four of them I play every class (with three of them having Hunter leveled because it is the perfect ranged/melee subclass).

Hunter is the only real subclass for ranger, desu. Too many other classes just add situational bonuses that will make things more frustrating than fun.

>I see a bunch on Ship 02 but they're never actually playing, just sat around.

You're not paying attention, then. Everyone who's actually playing the game is in quests, not lobbies.

>I stopped playing literally 2 years ago and my gear is not outdated, yet

That's actually genuinely impossible. Saiki and 13*s didn't even exist two years ago. Your criteria for "outdated" is clearly far too generous.

I guess I'm not paying much attention then, sorry about that.

I've only been playing one char right now but I've made two others for when I'm done with the first.

Everyone forgets about the tutorial music. But it's one of the best tracks in the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=G9DU0C8cYPg

You can just disable the plugins.

There is zero risk of getting banned by anything Gameguard detects. Your paranoia is unwarranted. Worst that happens is the game kicks you out if it detects it (which it shouldn't, if you're using it properly).

Probably because most people have never touched those

Saiki existed 2 years ago
I had a minimum of 2 sets and ogreloads of arms after the first week
managed to 150/6pp at least one set
that's why I made an exception on weapon until 5~ months ago, 13*s damage is stupid

Senpai that is pretty good. Here some other tracks which are good:
youtube.com/watch?v=NKdhogW5Ays
youtube.com/watch?v=PSOyjD7TeuE
Actually got to fight these two today as part of an emergency quest (went in solo). It was so fun, but I was unfortunately killed when PD turned into its human form (where it's the same size as you).

>Saiki existed 2 years ago

I had to make sure, and damn it, you're right: bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-extended-maintenance-and-patch-8272014/#pane-0-1

Episode 3 lasted a damn long time. Wonder how long Episode 4 will be...

I'm more interested in that Nova game
It's supposed to be a monhun game right?

Didn't Sakai stated EP4 will last a little longer compared to EP3 (probably 1 year and a half) or am I suffering from dementia?

Not sure but I know that the ArksLayer dudes are making a translation patch for it.
arks-layer.com/nova.php

I haven't played since maybe a week after the Summoner patch dropped.

I was a GURA and it was the most fun shit, but I was out of content and had 13* and all the shit, and the new content wasn't fun at all.

Is there any more stuff that's fun and not timelocked on emergency missions?

Have they fucked GU up with balance patches?

>Is there any more stuff that's fun and not timelocked on emergency missions?
Probably Las Vegas if you can handle all the 13* grinding.
>Have they fucked GU up with balance patches?
Not that I know of