Good Thread. Thanks user.

DLC comes out in Oct 25th

>120k players at release
>6k peak now

I haven't played it but its shit

>PC
>i can still invade in DeS quite often and constantly in DS1
>just played DS1 today

Yeah, fuck those Pcucks and their options of playing different games while they wait for the DLC's they want!

snow again

at least miyazaki confirmed that the second dlc will be focused on lore

literally the only thing i want before i retire from the series

No i havent forgotten about it . Its a good gam and i had fun with it. sucks there isnt more content

>He posted it again
When are you jumping off a bridge

soon brother soon

Why does samurai Geralt skates?
It looks bad as fuck.

wtf?.... i..... HATE nioh now.......

wtf i love you now

Dark Souls 3 was a great game, and a fitting end to the Dark Souls series. A bit flawed, mostly due to series fatigue, but still a great game worth checking out if you haven't played it.

DLC coming out soon!

Nobody forgot it but a few shitposting DS2 tards. In fact, amount of players starts increasing because DLC comes out in like 3 weeks.

>even backcompat Xbox 360 DS1 has constant invasions in almost all areas

Those finishing animations completely kill the flow of the game.

Series fatigue has nothing to do with the most boring, linear world in any souls game.

Well it's a good thing that DS3 has the best individual level design in the entire series and some of the levels are as big as multiple DS1 areas combined so it's not a problem.

the only good level designs are undead settlement and irithyll dungeon

It's a good thing I can't get to those areas because the first 10 hours of the game are the exact same with any character and I get bored.

you can turn off the finishing animations and you can also turn off most of the hud

Best music
Best bosses
Best architecture
Best graphix
Best lore

all of those are the best, by FAR

>S-S-S-SHIT GAME!

I thought the Demons server were put to rest?

i think bloodborne had better music,bosses and graphics.

You can? The Alpha and the Beta were fun, so I might buy the game.

>comes out in February
>along with P5 and Nier

It was disappointing after Bloodborne.

And also the lothric castle in its entirety from high wall up to grand arcives, cathedral of the deep, archdragon peak, post-Pontiff Irithyll and even carthus catacombs because of how fun it is to invade there. Which basically makes up 80% of the game.

>DaS3
>Best bosses
>Best lore
>Best architecture

yeah my wallet is going to be empty that month :'(

Base bloodborne had worse bosses, really. And i fucking love bloodborne. Gehrman is just incomparable with SoC in terms of moveset variety, SoC has like 5 times more moves.

BB's music is good, but DS3's music is SO good it cannot even be compared

Twin princes, Vordt, SoC, Aldrich, NK, Dancer, pontiff, etc

it's quality after quality

It did. Old Hunters shits all over anything DS3 has to offer.

Bosses are GOD tier
Lore is excellent, confusing as fuck but excellent if you're into DaS1's lore
Lothric is so incredibly designed it still amazes me, the magnitude if overwhelming

can your nigger brain understand now?

Which area leads to the Profaned Capital?

A respectable opinion. I can't decide between the two, personally.

distant manor in irythyll

Hopefully Fromsoft ditches Namco and goes back to working with Sony, even if that means exclusivity for any new games. I'll gladly deal with whiny poorfags crying in my ear if it means getting well-designed games instead of dragging the corpse of this series through the mud anymore.

Eh that's pushing it. The good DaS3 tracks are really really good but the bad DaS3 tracks suck ass. Bloodborne has fewer highs but also has less lows. So DaS3 you get some fucking amazing tracks mixed in with some shitty ones while with Bloodborne you have a more consistent mix (even though I still hold that Ludwig cannot be topped)

i would still play it but i am just waiting for the dlc. also i just beat dark souls one. . .they are both well done in there own ways. you guys are way too butt hurt

SoC definitely has more moves, but I wouldn't go that far. Gehrman's moveset changes a bit on his third phase.
Gehrman, Cleric Beast/Amelia, Ebrietas, and Gascoigne are just as good, honestly.

And Ludwig's theme might be the best theme in Soulsborne.

i guess it comes down to if you like the medieval aestheic or the creepy Victorian setting

>the second dlc will be focused on lore
Oh boy more callbacks!

360 ds1 hasnt been active for years

>Lothric is so incredibly designed it still amazes me, the magnitude if overwhelming
This is pushing it and a lot of it has to do with the style they went with. Mainly that instead of one consistent world they went with a better version of what DaS2 did. Which is to say a bunch of different unrelated areas linked to each other with the difference being there's an actual explanation this time (time and space are deteriorating with the fading of the flame and different lands from different times are LITERALLY transient and being squeezed together on top of Lothric). But then it gets confusing when Anor Londo and ONLY Anor Londo is stuck in eternal night.

I havent played it since release, but now i feel like using a faith build and a greatsword.
Is faith good in 3? It was pretty alright in 2 and i want to start throwing lightning spears again.

where will this game rank when people do soulsborne rankings?

everything is a dildo if you're brave enough.

Faith is shit and so are greatswords. Get a long sword or curved sword and ignore everything else. Or just play any of the other souls games they're all objectively better.

What I like about Bloodborne is how it goes for the horror theme without just doing the jumpscares. It's the list of little things like you character becoming more and more saturated in blood the more you carve your way through Yharnam. Or the haunting choir in some areas. I'm not sure what it is but there were times where I suddenly realized my jaw was hurting because I was grinding my teeth while playing just from being unsettled

most of us are waiting until the full game comes before we put it into souls borne rankings

backwards compatibility helped a lot, it's much more active since spring compared to the past couple years

The Fishing Hamlet and the Forbidden Woods are pretty spooky.

This and EDF 4.1 are the only new games I've played this year.

DeS is P2P

They're still up, they went down for some reason earlier in the year but Atlus clarified they're still running them.

DS2 was better
arguably worse PvE but because it had far better PvP than this dogshit DS3 has it had far greater replay value

Lothric Knight Greatsword + Lightning blade is awesome

Also you can poke some scrubs with charged R2s, they mistime the approach erry tim

i liked ds 3 but it took a lot of things from bloodborne

>undead settlement is basically hemwick

> The jailers are reskinned mergo's chief attendants

> Sulyvahn's beast is basically watch dogs of the old lords but not on fire ( they did give it a new moveset though)

> the catacombs of carthus use a lot of assets from the chalice dungeons

>some of the new hollow enemies are reskinned enemies from the chalice dungeons

>the statues on highwall of lothric are the statues from yharnam and are now piss colored

>The jailers are reskinned mergo's chief attendants

what did she mean by this?

the jailers from the irythyll dungeon look a lot like these : bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Tormented Nanny

They both wear masks?

They're pretty significant in difference user

I can't really think of any bad DS3 tracks, and I've listened to the ost many times. There's a few tracks like the Dancer's theme that is very atmospheric but not very memorable on its own but fits so well ingame it doesn't matter (dancer's heavy footsteps complete the song imo).

nah they've been reskinned too and sligtly re modeled

Nioh isn't just LOTF 2.0, right?

nope

more like souls+ ninja gaiden+onimusha

People play games they got for Free*? Who'da thunk it?

LOTF was just another shitty attempt at doing exactly what Souls already does
Nioh is more combat-focused and is more like a mix of Souls and Ninja Gaiden. One won't replace the other, they're doing their own things

To be fair the series has always heavily reused assets from previous games.

lotf was a dark souls copy that was worse in every way
nioh has a different setting and improves the combat massively

Get out

>Original Dark souls still going strong on PC

I guess the pvp community will only ever accept Dark Souls.

No, LotF was an abomination and a travesty. Nioh is pretty good and will probably make a good replacement now that Dank Souls is kill (at least for now)

People often forget how the original Dark Souls is absolutely filled with shit from Demon Souls. And DS1 doesn't even have the excuse of being a direct sequel.

>People often forget how the original Dark Souls is absolutely filled with shit from Demon Souls

We would have complained if we knew but we didn't cos Sony hold the game hostage... fuck sony

DS3=BB>DS>DeS>ET for the Atari 2600>DS2 sotfs

admittedly I haven't played through the BB dlc yet so maybe i would like it even more if I did

yeah i tried to invade people in this game, and i got fucked up every time. people are just fucking cheap ass shits.

so i tried invading in bloodborne last night, and people are fucking garbage. i defeated a couple people easily, but then this fucker came into my world (as a fucking girl character like a faggot) and he literally kept backing up, would run away and heal after i comboed him, no matter what he just kept healing and healing. all he fucking did was use the spray rifle bullshit and try to stun me, eventually another enemy cam ein and helped him fuck me up. then i got so pissed and messaged him and what do you know, he is fucking japanese. little piece of shit. i'm never getting into the pvp aspect of this series, it is not fun

>improves the combat massively
subjective, Nioh feels very rigid to me and I don't like the combat nearly as much as the Soulsborne games

Playing Old Hunters will most likely put BB over DS3 in your list, but the vanilla games are pretty matched imo.

Have to wait for both DS3 dlcs before we can properly rank it with the others.

>admittedly I haven't played through the BB dlc yet

It's probably the best content they've produced but it's very short. At least the weapons are all cool as hell

You're invading people that are just trying to play the game, as in, you're attempting to fuck with people's progress just because you can, and you are upset with the tactics they use?

Stop whining you groose

>People often forget how the original Dark Souls is absolutely filled with shit from Demon Souls

Name 50

in dark souls 3 yeah. but in bloodborne i rang the sinister bell and when you do that you can either go to someone elses world or someone else who rang it will come into my world (meaning they were looking for a fight) and thats what that pussy just kept doing. it was the worst experience i ever had.

>linear rehash souls
>equivalent to miyazaki's magnum opus with new amazing setting and lore + best weapons and combat in the series

nice try PCuck

Not him, but I don't dig the victorian lovecraft setting as much as the medieval setting.
To me, Dark Souls 3 exists as the culmination and perfecting of what the previous two games did, even if there's some pretty rehash-type stuff.

I will admit that the weapon design philosophy they had in BB with quality over quanitity is far better, but I like the DS3 lore far more.

>tfw people are more interested in arguing the merits of DS2 than even talking about DS3. Like no one cares about it.

the medieval setting has been done to death. dark souls 3 at least did it better than 2 did, which was an abomination.

The medieval setting is a bit stale at this point i suppose, but Dark Souls 3 kinda puts some extra spin on it with stuff like the Pus of Man, Oceiros, Irithyll, etcetera

although yes, dark souls 2 is an abomination and undoubtedly the worst game in the series

DS3 is universally considered to be a good game outside of a few shitposting contrarians here and on /dsg/. It doesn't have anything as outrageously bad as DS2 in its entirety.

>some pretty rehash-type stuff.
>some

the game literally does nothing new

>I like the DS3 lore far more.

DUDE CYCLES LMAO!!! everything you do is pointless for the 3rd game in a row... big M does it again.,. you want proper conclusion to the series? nvm here's gwyn again lol buy the DLC

DS2 lives here exclusively through shitposting.

I don't think that's such a good thing.

What do you mean the game does nothing new? Like, it doesn't add new mechanics? Okay, but there is an entire game of new level design and new bosses. What is "new" to you?

themes, weapons, even some levels are rehashed from the previous games

medieval castles, forest, swamp, gothic church, demon ruins, anor fucking londo, latria dungeon, more castles, duke's grand archives

the only new thing in the game is archdragon peak which was disappointing and short

>everything you do is pointless for the 3rd game in a row..

So basically, the games have been telling you everything you were doing was pointless from game one, and you came back every time wanting for it to change?

Seems to me the issue lies more with you than the games.

>implying I played B souls for more than 30 mins on a pirated copy

thought maybe they had learned their lesson after the breath of fresh air that was bloodborne

Medieval castles, forests, swamps, gothic churches are just tropes of fantasy. Not dark souls specifically. By your logic the only thing game in the series that ever did anything differently was Demon's Souls.

Bloodborne was just victorian villages, forests, sp00ky dungeons, sp00ky jail cells (latria again i suppose you'd say). The only areas that are interesting in design are the nightmare areas.

>tfw nothing they make will have real puzzles
Shulva and sens were the closest we ever got.

At least theres the ps1/2 era of these games, shit even ER had better puzzles than these turds.

>there are people that think shitsouls shouldnt have puzzles, that only combat matters

You don't need a billion shortcuts for good level design, you one world fool.

if you want "puzzles" ie. shitty block pushing go play zelda

The series has never been about puzzles, so what makes you think puzzles are relevant to the soulsbourne games?

the most new thing that bloodborne did was trick weapons, the areas were not original ideas, they're just ripped from other lovecraftian stories

The one truly positive thing I can say about DS3 and it's expansion is that Miyazaki is ending it because not only does he feel it's overstayed it's welcome but the fans do as well. Finally ending it is probably the best service anyone can ask for.

at least bloodborne isn't duuuude link the fire ... or maybe not?? who cares lmao result is the same either way

So, yeah, the problem lies within you, not the games.

The games keep doing what they've been doing from game one, which fans enjoy.

You didn't like it, and kept coming back and complaining the game keeps doing its own thing.

I mean, I liked Bloodborne well enough, but if anything I resent its influence on DS3. I much prefer each series to have their own identity.

It's a fucking videogame SERIES. The stories are obviously going to be connected, linking the fire and some recurring characters are virtually the only things that are consistent in the story. Are you annoyed that a series with subsequent installments doesn't have completely separate stories with no common themes?

>The games keep doing what they've been doing from game one

and this is the problem, it's exactly the same with nothing new. don't you get bored of it by now?

>You didn't like it

I did in 2009 and 2011 before they rehashed the same game and undead curse/fire linking asspull story endlessly with no progression or conclusion

>puzzles shouldnt be in a game where exploration is the entire point of the franchise

Ill say it again FROM did a better job with god damn Eternal Ring in terms of world design and puzzles. Shit even Evergrace had basically the same combat as souls so together you end up with the shitty franchise you have now. Oh and in KF stylings.

>areas will never affect adjacent areas again
Its too fucking bad, I would have loved to solve a puzzle in the depths to make blight town a little different with its swamp.

Alternatively it lets you skip the puzzle and try the "hard version" of the area.

But no, no game with combat should ever have a puzzle. Definitely not a game that has puzzles in every installment of the series.

This isn't about number, this is about usage.

Shortcuts in DaS are about tying together an expanding world and make it more easy to travel trough.

Shortcuts in DS3 are about avoiding redoing the levels once cleared.

Changes the whole value proposition of level design.

I didn't say it shouldn't have puzzles, I said that the series has never placed emphasis on real puzzle-solving type gameplay, so what makes you think that should have these "real puzzles" you mention?

This.

DaS1 has WORLD design and its great.

DaS3 has LEVEL design, much like DeS, and its great.

I like DaS1 approach infinitely more simply because of replay-ability. And no I dont enjoy pvp in shitsouls.

Yeah no, you're a fucking idiot famalamadingdangdong

The design philosophies are different in the two games. Das1 is focused on big world with interconnected areas, and it does it well, but the individual level areas are often just a lot of open space.

Das3 has better singular level design but the overall world connection suffers for it.

Neither one is better, they're just different.

>and this is the problem, it's exactly the same with nothing new. don't you get bored of it by now?

My problem with DS3 has more to do with the new (poise and defense management, changes in level design philosophy, teleport from the start - the one thing DaS had right no other game in the series took back, over-focus on attack and bosses) than the old.
If anything, my main complaint isn't fatigues from too many sequels, it's that the game didn't have a proper sequel as far as I'm concerned - though I understand I'm probably in a minority on that point.

Game told me from the story is eventually meaningless. And that's just how I like my game stories in the end, it doesn't get in the way of the game.

DS1 doesn't even do it all the way through.The "interconnected world design" stops right at its track when you get to sen's fortress.

It would be cool if one day some game came along and did it properly all the way through but I think it's pretty obvious From isn't interested in that.

I think DaS3 is a good game.

My only real problems is build variety and that it felt very short.

Yeah, that's the thing, I wanted a more sprawling, interconnected world. Insted of doubling down on that, game went the other way.

DS2 is a weird one on that front.

"I dont dig" isnt a valid criteria concerning the objective quality of something you fucking retard

How much ds1 have more replayability than ds3. I did both games 3-4 times and there is always one optimal route. Both games have souls/cinders part with 3 and 4 routes and some
"secret" places. The obly real difference is skipping depths and blighttown, but i am not sure its a good thing

>it's pretty obvious From isn't interested in that
It's a matter of time and money, not interest.
It would probably take another half a year to go the full way, but they (and Namco) probably decided that it's not worth it.

Eternal Ring. A game made by the same company.

A puzzle in it affects two areas drastically ,one thats up on cliffs and the other is a poison valley below.

When you first traverse the valley as its much too hard to try the forest with its high level enemies, unless youre sequence breaking, you encounter a winding maze of poison cliffs and massive stone walls. Much later in the game you are in a completely different region, this time its the tops of cliffs and there is no way to cross the gaps to reach the other cliff faces.

After a simple interaction, lighting a fire or pulling a lever, bridges are raised to traverse the area. Unknown to the player these bridges are infact the massive stone walls from before. As you create paths above you also below giving both a shortcut and loot through poison valley can they ever not have one?

Thanks to being able to sequence break because it also has good world design like DaS1 it allows you to create these shortcuts very early if you know what you doing leading to new paths earlier much like how the master key in DaS1 does.

This was in a PS2 launch title by FROM which never had a focus on puzzles, only RPG stat mechanics, crafting magic, and exploring. The other Launch RPG by FROM was the other side of the coin being less about stats and more about upgrading gear and stamina conservation in combat.

This is why DaS and DeS never surprised me much. They have better combat but worse everything else than past RPG by the same company, and the sequels and spinoffs only got worse.

Now if they can do this kind of level altering puzzle in a ps2 game is it so hard to ask for them to try other "puzzles" that change how you appraoch the level? Shulva was a lite version of what I decribes and more akin to a zelda puzzle.

I dont want simple bullshit, I want cryptic.

Right, because it's totally possible to make a call as to whether a medieval setting or a lovecraftian setting is objectively better, right?

This is a discussion of opinions, you absolute braindead twat.

underrated post

Lmao

BB and DeS have way better individual level design

Most people dont like puzzles, especially in action games

I fail to see how sharing personal preferences, as long as they're not being presented as some form of objective truth, is in any way bad though.

Helps people perceive in aggregate what impact what's being discussed had. Which is far from useless in a critical conversation.

In DaS1 I can start the game and then choose from about 4-7 different routes depending on starting gear leading to all different weapons and enemies that are resistant to specific types of damage.

In DaS3 you have zero choice in order until after sacrifice road unlesss you count the dancer skip. Thats the most half assed sequence break I have seen in a game so I dont as it does give you access to the later half early but it doesnt let you skip any levels either way.

The amount of ways to skip levels in das1 is so enormous compared to 3 its just a joke.

>there are people that think having more freedom in how t do a campaign is a bad thing

Because going through the undead settlement everytime you play the game is just so fun right? Why would there be a skip from the bridge straight to the second swamp, or a skip that connects lothric to the smouldering lake allowing you to get to irythill much earlier than normal.

Oh thats right because they wont let you do anything of the sort with their arbitrary progress gates.

>It's a matter of time and money, not interest.
If that's the case, why didn't Bloodborne have it?

It has a few neat moments like coming back to central yharnam from forbidden woods, but that doesn't even come close to the amount of weight that small elevator from Parish to Firelink Shrine had. The rest of the game is still pretty linear, with a few branching paths to optional areas.

And I love both.

Being able to change how the combat plays based of my past choices in a level can only be a good thing to me.

Draining a swamp partially for instance, of leaving it high to make combat a challenge or DaS2 DLC kind of tried but was lackluster at best in execution.

These things need to be optional though so the player is able to skip and even miss these things entirely.

Sadly the only examples I can think of things being different based on player choice are in DaS2. Too bad the rest of the game is so lacking in every way.

Would you really be upset of sens fortress had a bigger brother that took thought to get to the end of?

>4-7 different routes
All this alternatives are just places you can run skipping all enemies to grab some weapons like scythe. But there is no point of doing something different than burg first. Its nice gimmick and i like it but dont overestimate this.
I duuno why would you like to skip so much levels, and if you want you always can just run to the point. Doing all this connections can hurt level design and i thing good levels are better than connected world with mediocore levels that shaped to be connected even if its harms them. Again, i like freedom of choices, and i wish ds3 was more unlinear, but you, fans, are praising ds1(and des) too much.

That's the thing though, DS3 has corrected defects, but it doesn't do anything that people are enthused about.

DS2 is the inferior product for sure, but what it does, when it works, make people a lot more interested.

Playing it right now kiddo

>Its nice gimmick

Just kill yourself.

I'm not praising it at all.

Thats the problem, if anyone makes an opinion its either hurr praiseduhM or hurr gitgud.

Zelda 1 and alttp have about the same freadom as DaS1 and those three games are in my top ten for jsut that reason.

I have played all of them over a dozen times in so many different ways.

To you its useless, to me its having fun a second or even fifth time around since I will be a different strenght with different equipment in a different area fighting different enemies. This along with DaS1 actually having a variety of viable weapons are why das3 is so boring to me after just 2 playthroughs trying my damnedest to make it a different each time. I just couldnt do it a third time and I still go back to das1 and even 2 if I want to have actual dualwielding.

The difference in fighting bosses out of order is pretty large, you ever fight pinwheel as your third boss? Its much more difficult.

>Doing all this connections can hurt level design and i thing good levels are better than connected world with mediocore levels

First that's a matter of preference. Secondly, inter-connected levels you'll need to go through in sequence several times are necessarily going to need either being less intense then levels you only have to ever clear once, or having their impact negated in some respect by character progression. Or a combination of both.

Overall I find inter-connected is a better thing, because a designer can afford being cheap and unfair a lot more in a game where levels are meant to be cleared once only.

I made this yesterday and posted on /dsg/. You guys can have fun with it too.

No, im playing through it right now actually, making a new build

Anyone into this bloodshade vs Crusaders?

The absolute garbage PvP is what killed this game. I'm not even a tryhard pvp-worshiping fag that treats Souls games like fighting games, but even I can see how fucking stupid it is.

>Invading is pretty much dead unless you get lucky and invade literal retards
>4v1s, and if another invader decides to meme it up, he can join the gankers to make it all a 5v1 at all times
>Most of the time you invade you just have to black crystal out of there, because there is no point in even trying anything anymore
>2 guaranteed hit stunlock system from Dark Souls 2 means ganks can auto-murder you in a tornado of straight sword swings with nothing you can do about it, because even if you roll away straight swords will still end up hitting you, starting the entire stunlock again
>Stunlocks stunlocks Stunlocks stunlocks Stunlocks stunlocks Stunlocks stunlocks Stunlocks stunlocks Stunlocks stunlocks Stunlocks stunlocks up the fucking ass
>Duels are absolutely boring because of the "meta" being so fucking infuriatingly bad that you're reduced to pressing R1 with a fucking Carthus meme sword to be even with someone else
>Small weapons deal the same damage as big weapons. AGAIN. FOR THE FOURTH TIME IN A ROW.
>Armor does nothing AGAIN
>Poise is there just to troll new players into believing armor does something
>The team just doesn't give a fuck anymore about anything that isn't releasing the last DLC jew packs
>DLC looks bland and boring as fuck
>2 bosses
>15 bucks
>Faith is still shit
>Magic is shit
>Infusions are shit

Their motivation while making this must have been "just push it out and whatever happens, happens. This is the last one we're contractually obligated to make so fuck it, whatever".

>A struggle between two made-up covenants
>Both revolve around who can gank more
>Gank gank gank gank

Pontiff's has become a huge meme area with concentrated cancer. It's not even a fun turn war, it's just a gank contest between two groups of shitters.

>mfw darkmoon invading as SL105 in blighttown
>mfw I have no face

60 FTH + sunlight spear = +1k damage

For greatswords I believe lightning infused Astora greatsword has A scaling with FTH

Irithyll Dungeon is very poorly designed. The Jailors are essentially just Mindflayer things from the Tower of Latria in DeS, but while that game gave a lot of options to play around them, Dark Souls 3 sticks them in narrow ass hallways where getting your health gouged is unavoidable, and will cost you at least one estus.

Not to mention the full retard room where they just gave up and threw a hundred of them in at the end for no reason other than to piss people off.

>Gank gank gank gank

Not much you can do about it. You either invade a gank or a duel ring

ds3 is very easy to skip, nothing really new

rorring

>only DS1 has viable weapons

what did he meme by this

It's the best in the series and I still play it.

>action games
This is why the Souls series is dead.