What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Pikachu wearing a partyhat.

I enjoyed it for a few weeks as Machamp, but for a fighting it got boring quickly.
The OST is pretty good.

The hitstop for starters, holy shit did the ridiculous hitstop slow the game's pace to a crawl

Too barebones in content.

Local multiplayer is a disaster.

Input lag worse than SFV.

Where the fuck is Darkrai?

The marketing and the fact darkrai still isn't out in the wiiu version

other then that it's great. so far my GOTY and soundtrack of the year

What rank are all of you? Post your games played W/L ratio too

>Local multiplayer is a disaster.
Holy fuck, this.
Can't think of a reason why I'd want to put up with that headache with friends over, when we could just play Smash instead.

Literally nothing, the market just isn't there.

What?
You're saying there aren't any Pokemon fans on Wii U?
I remember "real fighting game with Pokemon" was one of the top requests from the Wii U meme wish list, along with "Hack n' slash/beat em up/character action game from Platinum starring Captain Falcon"

Too lazy to check the exact, but around 2.6k games, ~45-50% W/L, stuck at C1. Highest I managed to get to was B5.

Fighting games in general are pretty dead, those Cred Forums wishlists are from niche autists.

>Local multiplayer is a disaster.
This. So much this.

I literally would have bought the game even if it was a piece of shit if the local multiplayer was functional. But I just heard it was a nightmare so I never bothered.

Also
>no record function
>online has no spectator mode
>it's called Pokken Tournament, but the only tournament in the game is story mode

>Ranked battles
>no real disconnect penalties

>Friendly battles
>randomly matched against people
>if you choose rematch and the opponent chooses no, they go straight to matchmaking and you get booted back to online main menu

>private codes
>can't tell if anyone is actually playing in them
>can't pick out specific people to play against in them

>amiibo bonus can give you 100 pokegold because fuck you

Let's hope it gets an NX port. With some added Pokes while they're at it. And let's hope we can play the NX like a regular fucking console too, of course.

The local modes, both solo and multiplayer, were absolute garbage.
The core gameplay was also extremely boring, little to no variety in game plans and the game outright punished you for experimenting with combos with that completely retarded damage scaling and the field / duel phase switching. It just ended up being an incredibly clunky RPS even braindead retards would get tired of after 2 hours. Not surprising the japs dropped it so quickly.

Well, I guess it's functional, if you count 30FPS and one person required to use the gamepad as functional.

Unless you have two WiiU's for LAN play, but that's just weird and you might as well play online then.

Oh, and one of my biggest complaints, the light super armor in burst mode. Jesus Christ, you better turtle if you don't want to risk an easy punish for half your life.

Too bad SM2 builds it up so that he can burst three times a round.

Abysmal roster.

No water type starter that isn' greninja because if they put that nigger in I will be fucking livid.

Burst Mode as a whole is one of the stupidest fighting game mechanics ever.

>bar fills up when you lose
>instant free out of jail card, opponent is pushed backwards, also shitload of iframes
>super armor eats through any sort of light punishes, guy in burst mode can mash for his life and still be in advantage
>if not for the worst, you get an instant super attack (with the only way to stop it hitting / grabbing the very moment it starts, good luck) that is completely safe even if it whiffs, and take half of the opponent's health if it hits

The game was basically designed to be played by literal retards.

It wouldn't be so bad if the super armor wasn't there.

Did you know if you have attack buff on, your attacks break Burst's super armor? In other words, Braixen is pretty fucking strong with on demand attack buff.

Charizard has the worst fucking Burst though, in terms of being the opponent.
>ranged
>anti air
>can be used from air
>punishes anything

>Pokemon
>Tekken
>Not making Humainoid Pokemon Tekken.

That's what.

No support.

You can't release a fighting game with a small roster these days. This isn't the SNES era.

This game needed a active development post-release with more stages, fighters, and modes, and re-balancing to look forward to.

Any fighting game would fail under these circumstances.

Sold better than SFV apparently, so it could be worse.

Nice meme
Upvoted

It wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't priced like an AAA game with that pitiful amount of content.

Small roster (as far as fighters go) for a series filled with several hundred potentially-iconic characters.

Said small roster seriously using two Pikachus and two Mewtwos.

30fps for local multiplayer (I honestly didn't mind the gamepad-screen, given the gameplay)

Unless you spend decent time getting all the mechanics down, its gameplay will scare away most non-dedicated players.

Voice-acting in certain areas hits an all-time low for vidya.

That said, I still loved the game and hope it gets more content somehow.

That would be pretty fucking lame. Just play regular Tekken then.

>still no info on whether or not Darkrai is coming to WiiU

I'm starting to think they might have just given up, and will include all the new characters on the inevitable NX port.

>Advertise it as Pokemon with Tekken mechanics
>We get Pokemon with Naruto mechanics
Pretty shit 2bh
Can't believe they actually expected this to be picked up as a comp game

What's wrong with Narutoad?

If it can't be him I'd prefer Feraligatr then.

Because I fucking hate mary sue frog so fuck you for your shit taste.

Also because the roster ONLY has speed-based starters and it is annoying the living shit out of me. I wanted Chesnaught or Feraligatr or something.

>no Greninja because "we didn't want to copy Smash"

You already got most of them, you retards. And then you skip out on literally the most popular pokemon, someone up there wanted this game to fail.

I liked the game, my only grip is the lack of punishing anyone.
>someone uses an attack that should make them wide open to a reversal
>attacks don't come out fast enough or they recover really fast to block

Also just a block that blocks high and low attacks at the same time. For purpose?

b5 80% win near 200 wins and just under 40 losses
[s] old wiiu had b3 2k fights at 50%

>Mary Sue frog
>loses to series' longtime-favorite notDragon in the League

I'll agree him getting that Ash-bond shit before even Pikachu was stupid and thinly-veiled though.

You basically have to use light attacks to punish, anything else is just too damn slow.

>Greninja gets a special snowflake transformation that he masters down with anime finishers
>lose to a Mega Charizard's normal blast burn that he countered seconds ago in the match
>the Charizard was weakened too

The anime was a mistake.

I really need to play this more just to get my money's worth
Played for less than a week and only played sceptile

>sceptile, a speed based character
>can't even get his light attacks out fast enough to punish
For what purpose

The problem with pikachu in this scenario is that he's more of his own developed character. Like he just tags along with Ash cause they're friends. So it'll feel weird to see him like mind meld with Ash.
That's the logic I take from the anime's own retarded logic.

More like Pikachu is too strong for Ash to mind meld along with how the Pikachu song is probably playing in Pikachu's head over and over 24/7 cause of his love for ketchup.

Because you're actually a tech based character with those traps.