youtube.com/watch?v=J8f7oKeMstQ
youtube.com/watch?v=L8NzI0zMgoI
youtube.com/watch?v=AXmOVFG93MQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdNm1b2-E2w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i'll play what i want you fucking faggot

TF2 players are just people too poor to buy Overwatch

/thread

I'd still be playing tf2 if it didnt run like shit now.

I wish I was still playing TF2. I miss it pre-hats.

Well yeah, I still have fun with this game.

>now

regardless,
TF2 only became more alive because of hat trading
Competitive has always been fucking awful

i dont get why theyve been trying to shove in the playerbase's throats the competitive shit lately

>Still playing TF2
>Didn't fall for the SWJWatch meme

Feelsgoodmang.tiff

At release, TF2 ran amazing on neolithic cave walls.

If you want more than 2 frames per second, you need quantum computing now.

It's because they upgraded the source engine a lot over the years. Get better hardware.

as someone who owns Overwatch and TF2, TF2 is the deeper better game. Overwatch feels so plain and generic. All the characters are essentially the same and its easy to get good with all of them. In TF2 the characters have more depth and gameplay options. You can be an engineer that builds big sentries on defence or roll a mini sentry on offence. The medic has a variety of healing options that all have unique specials. The point is that they all feel different where as in Overwatch it feels like you're playing modern WoW where your character class really doesnt matter because they're all so similar.

I'll wait till TF3

>TF3
>Valve making games ever now
You poor, poor user.

tf2 is still alive and well and making them money

left 4 dead is still alive and well

valve will start making sequels when they need to drop bombs. right now theyre perfectly fine. Give it another 5 years and well see a TF3

>playing an overwatch ripoff

>haven't touched it in years
>it's still my most played Steam game

>tfw 5200 hours into it and still counting

>tfw almost reaching 5000 hours

how is this even possible

*Dodge*
Nice try you stupid frog

Extreme levels of autism that no sane person should be able to handle.

But to be fair, it's a pretty fun game, so he must really enjoy it.

I only play the 360 vanilla version nowadays
And this is from someone who bought the PC version of TOB

>I only play the 360 vanilla version
Why would you do that to yourself?

>Had it since launch
>Felt I played it a lot
>283 hours

How the fuck do people get over 1000 hours on a single game?

Go away fisherman.

No, the problem is that the game should be running well on toasters but they aren't

The game has become too bloated with post processing effects and too optimized.

I meant unoptimized.

>le oldfag in his mid to late 20's

>too
>optimized

Day at a time, my friends

>all the shitters and "competitive" gamers that can't have fun with tf2

Honestly, I can see how tf2 isn't your kind of shooter. But if you rip on it saying "lol who plays that anymore" you're clearly a gamer that doesn't think about the actual gaming part but rather the meta. Sort of like mu with music that isn't obscure af.

By not being a huge casual?

Do you even play video games?

Dumb hate symbol poster.

Do you even play?

YOU BETTER FINISH THAT DS YOU FAGGOT, STOP WASTING TIME.

I remember a week or two ago I had a game on Gorge that was the most fun game of TF2 I've had in ages. Everyone was at least halfway decent and there was always a big fight between the Soldiers, Pyros and Heavies. It was intense as fuck.
Then I go into the next game and there's 4 snipers and 3 spies on our team in payload attack.

Are you implying the game takes more than 99 hours to beat?

tf2 is what a game would look like if mods suddenly became mandatory

The death of modding in multiplayer games is dissapointing. Fucking esports fags.

forgot pic

>Femmodels
Absolutely disgusting.

I don't know why Valve won't just add class limits. You never need more than two spies or two snipers, and if someone exceptionally shitty is taking up a slot you can call a vote that forces them to play an attack class.

It was just an example of what dramatic mods could do, my favorite thing was just adding shitty sound mods. But today's games don't even let you add a custom hitsound or whatever.

>reinstall TF2
>see matchmaking bullshit
>m-m-m-maybe it doesn't suck, I'll give it a try
>"matchmaking requires you to turn on direct x million so that you can see retarded dildo textures on everything"
>into the trash it goes

I'm still mad at TF2 art style.

That's... actually a good way to put it.

It's like if someone went on Gamebanana and filled it with the worst, unfitting, art style butchering bullshit they could find.

wacky mods are fine when they are optional

they're not fine when they hijack the game

Overwatch players are just people who never played TF2.

Did you play tf2 for only 30 minutes a week or some shit? You should be having a lot more than that if you had it for that many years

But that's exactly it, nobody forces mods upon you.

Ah, fair enough then. The reason I still come back to TF2 are its humongous amounts of modded game modes that I can bring up whenever I get tired of the vanilla experience. From things like an MvM mode where both BLU and RED are human players, and can become giants or Sentry busters, to stuff like Slender Fortress or Vs. Hale, I've only gone through few moments where I got tired of TF2 as a whole and needed to take a break from the game.

they didn't update the source engine for tf2 or Garry's mod. it's why optimization is so garbage each new update. they said they were working on it, but it still runs like shit

I hate how people say tf2 has gone to shit. I dont play it anymore because I got tired of it, but every so often I boot it up and play a round, and its essentially the same damn thing as it was eight years ago, except for all of the cosmetic shit.

I still see the same old servers with the same old people, doing the same old shit. Which is perfectly fine.

The only time tf2 changed radically was when it was made free but that didnt ruin the game, as there are still plenty of good servers.

>hear a spy cloak
>spam X2 so even the most braindead allies will get the picture
>shoot & spycheck every corner, find no spy
>hear the spy say "nice shot"

I agree that overwatch lacks depth, but the classes arent similar at all.

in tf2 im forced to deal with all the awful unfun gimmick weapons and ugly cosmetics that ruin the framerate

the weapons are more obnoxious than the hats because it means that you can no longer trust your own teammates.

i can be the demoman that blows up all the sentry guns, i can be the medic that ubers the demo, i can be the soldier that protects the medic until he gets where he needs to be

i cant be ALL of those guys at the same time and it feels like i have to because now the demoman is running around with a sword, the medic is running around with the wrong medigun (if hes even using one in the first place and not shooting arrows at people) and the soldier is fucking around with a rocket launcher that does no damage while parachuting around and trying to kill people with a shovel

I wish they downgraded it back to when it wasn't pure shit.

Once i got double teamed by spies, one of them tried to back-stab me but i was to busy building and upgrading shit

Also, I can't believe that nobody has mentioned this!
>pic related

Oh shit you're right.
youtube.com/watch?v=J8f7oKeMstQ

Is... is that even a complaint?
Also, there's a server browser still. Have you even looked?

>can't run tf2

wtf are you doing i have a duocore that runs it fine @ 1080P

It's gotten better now, but when the Gun Mettle Gray update came out it ran like absolute shit.

Taunting people with voice commands while invisible is one of the best ways to make people paranoid, especially if they are alone defending something, like an Engie on a point.

Another thing I love about Spy is using voice commands correctly. Say you hear a Pyro or a Scout are the kind to constantly be using the same voice command over and over. If you know they are out of the fight, you can disguise as them and start spamming the same voice command, and 9 times out of 10, the enemy team will buy it when they see you and not even check you.

you on the right, same concept applies, NEETboy.

>scope in as sniper
>pyro runs directly at me while shooting his flames
>frames plummit
Is there a way to fix this shit without getting any mods? I get a consistent 120+ frames otherwise.

Servers are dead because no sane person plays it anymore.
All that is left is 32 player shitfests, closed circlejerks, jew servers and matchmaking.

>actually unironically having a quentin picture saved on your harddrive

Are we getting an actual Halloween event this year, or is it truly dead?

>Servers are dead
I can literally find a decent server to go into with the server browser in about 10-15 seconds. You are just retarded.

Post killcams

You just have zero standards, because you are an easily satisfied retard who knows nothing about videogames.

i am that spy

That's your best retort?

Well it certainly is good enough for you.

the last time i tried to play tf2 nobody was actually playing the game they would just gather in the basement and throw sandwiches at each other

>Those rare moments when you find someone who is actually autistic on Cred Forums

Yeah, I am having such a moment right now.

>used to have skins that made enemies really vibrant and easy to identify
>dont even need them anymore

I still remember the moment I quit tf2. It was on defend upward. 3 literal kids on my team were standing around in spawn and talking about their day at school. The other team wasn't doing any pushing either, they were just rocket jumping around and doing high five.
I quit and uninstalled right there and then.

Yeah if you're fine with 32 slot instant respawn 24/7 dustbowl with bots and ads. If you want to play some 5cp or even some less popular PL maps you're shit out of luck.

You can still use mods, just not on servers with sv_pure 1 enabled.

ie Valve and Skial servers which basically narrows your choices a lot
But still

those niggas are ugly as fuck, so glad they redesigned the squad

I'm still mad about this change on valve servers. I get triggered every time I watch demo load 4 grenades into the same slot on a 6 barrel grenade launcher. Primary reason I stopped using viewmodels, so many weapons have fucked up models.

>have to uncloak to stab niggers

WHO DID THIS? it wasnt like that so long ago, what can i use to cloak and dagger?

It was always like that you fucking retard

was not

What's wrong with that on the right? I almost always play my ds on the bus. I bet that a good amount of people are playing games on their phone, especially when pokemon go was new. I'll agree that having the sound on is dumb.

>tired of Overwatch
>go back to TF2
>everything is so slow

O-Overwatch gave me ADD

Shut your fucking mouth and speak only when you know what you're talking about.
youtube.com/watch?v=L8NzI0zMgoI

I'd only play my 3DS on plane rides or any sort of major travel. playing it outside on a park bench is retarded.

>faked footage

wow sure showed me kid! dont cut a nigger with that edge bro!

>TF2 losing playes to Paladins

>tfw vanilla TF2 will never become standalone

I wish someone would mod for us, true gamers.
And make a paywall so the f2players would need to buy some kind of pass to enter, while the buyers get it for free.

Please modders, hear my plea.

>muh vanilla
TF2 isn't any more balanced with stock than it is with unlocks
And most of you guys are shitters who can't play without unlocks anyway

Doesn't matter because once Battleborn becomes F2P, the competition wont even stand a chance anymore.

Dear shit talker nigger:
I have played the game since the launch for years without unlocks while a newfag like you aren't even born yet, stfu and do everyone a favor.

what's wrong with playing Heavy
there are nine whole classes and you're telling me we should just be arbitrarily playing only eight of them?

Do you think we will see the pyro update sometime this year?

>Do you think we will see the last part of the BIMONTHLY comic sometime this year?
The answer with Valve is always "no".

Nothing wrong with playing heavy.
Pyro on the other hand, if you use him for anything other than spychecking you should kill yourself.

>There are people who don't know that TF2 was once a retail game that you paid money for and only began F2P after 4-5 years

t. gets killed by the most underpowered class in the game over and over

Shit game with an art style that's more or less on par with aids.

Arguably the most overrated multiplayer game to ever release.

how am I going to get backburner crits if I'm spychecking around the base instead of behind enemy lines

When was the latest part released, it seems so far away.

well shit, I guess all those times I save a scout on 5hp from burning to death don't count anymore because this one user is butthurt at dying to phlogs and backburners.

A year and a month ago, exactly. But before I looked it up, I easily could have been told it had been two years and I would have believed it.

Supposedly, this last part was going to come out slightly faster than the other parts did. As if.

That's Counter Strike m8.

You could never attack/sap while cloaked, you must be thinking of a different game altogether or maybe Advanced Weaponizer which has a weapon that does just that.

>sprays have also been disabled for years now
delete Valve

>can't distract 12 year old plebs with a naked woman spray and shiv them in the kidneys anymore
Why even bother?

I bet being a spy sure was fun for the first month of the game when disguises worked.

youtube.com/watch?v=AXmOVFG93MQ

You still find retards that don't know how to turn around while pushing payloads. Then you got the special retards that think a Huo-Long Heater's gonna stop a kunai/ringer spy from backstabbing him only to be surprised that there's now a spy running around with a free 300 HP overheal knifing everybody else to death because he isn't dying immediately.

>demo or soldier keeps jumping to battlements and wasting everyone
>Snipers still line up everytime with no caution only to hear exploded again

Or better yet

>Spy sapping shit
>Engy reacts with the speed and energy of an autonomous lethargic robot until all his buildings explode
>Completely ignores spy until his shit is gone

all those kills and he's barely preventing the progress of the cart

He does twice as much damage as he used too with the falloff change and the range bug makes it fucking impossible to avoid flames.
>Does that pyro over there have 5ft of range or 30ft or range? who fucking knows guess I'll roll some dice
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdNm1b2-E2w
Fighting him as anything other than a heavy or shotgun soldier is a fucking pain because you don't have enough health to survive one charging you. You have to stay twice as far away as you would have to if the netcode worked properly to not catch on fire from invisible flame particles. It's the shitters goto combat class. He is the ONLY class you can play with a fucking steering wheel and still be effective.
>can't aim? no problem just look in their general direction for kills
>have shitty positioning? just airblast them and run away
>lost the fight? don't worry that scout will burn to death from afterburn before he reaches a healthkit
inb4
>bbbut in comp he's a joke
Yeah sure but in 24 player servers where it's impossible to keep track of every single enemy location on the team, there's no communications, and medics don't know what overheals are he's a constant threat because pyro players have no sense of self preservation and will suicide charge into your entire team over and over. The whole class design is straight up retarded and unfun to play against. I do a 1v1 with a soldier, scout, or demo there's counterplay and if I lose my DM wasn't good enough. Pyro comes around a corner? Well if my health is anything less than 150% I automatically lose because he's going to hug me and we're both going to blow up.

To be fair his team isn't pushing back when he gets kills.

>tumblr nose
I wish I could shoot people over the internet.

Or people permabanned from BNet.

> mfw I just realized Overwatch's Mei is compteitively the equivalent of TF2's Pyro

Except worse
>Don't have to even time airblast just throw up a wall
>Takes away your keyboard if she hits you
>Icicles are essentially flares that always crits
>Phlog style self heal

I enjoy both Overwatch and TF2'

Both have there charms and gameplay that makes me like them for who they are. I enjoy both the characters from both games as they are themselves and are likable

So what?

I bet you also leave Youtube comments on dad rock songs saying you were born in the wrong generation.

The fuck does that have to do with anything?

No denial, so I was right.

I don't do shit like that, im just asking why you would even bring something like that up

THIS

tf2 has literally the worst fanbase

jesus what is he doing

Please, if TF2 was a serious military shooter with gritty realistic graphics it would have died years ago

I'd play Overwatch if it had player server support instead of shitty matchmaking.
TF2 has shitty matchmaking now, too, but at least there's an option.