>Sean didn't want to be around him because he was too negative about NMS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/f7AqWngkfdI?t=98
twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/741743186477907968
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>politely says what everyone else has been saying for the past month
>destroyed

I fucking hate people like this
first he supported that pile of shit and now that it has been released and everyone hates it he hates it aswell
fucking corrupt motherfuckers

>keighley tries damage control to distance himself from another shit product he was paid to hype

>comparisons to pete err molly new
>"should have been early access"
>"they were lying to their fans"

>not destoryed

oh it's this thread again

Dorito Pope is the Hillary Clinton of the gaming industry.

I still love him.

I do not like you, but I respect your different opinion

yes, stuff everybody already knew since the day it came out.

Sony was paying him to shill it and now he feels bad. It's his job.

So that makes it ok for him to lie? Wtf

>first he supported that pile of shit
He helped them announce it, it's not really his fault that they lied to the audience later.

That's not how it worked

When they first were showing off the game Dorito Pope thought the game looked cool and gave Hello Games a segment on his show to show off their new game (I'm not even sure they had a deal with Sony at this point)

How did Geoff lie? We aren't talking about Snakeoil Sean

We all expected so much, only to be so let down.

>We
I didn't expect shit, like some others on Cred Forums, I knew that what they said was bullshit

WHERES SEAN?! WE NEED SEAN!

Geoff means well

top kek

everyone in the mainstream media - and including this guy - is being way too apologetic and/or soft towards these devs' blatant lying

this game wasn't in early development like molyneux's promises; it was nearly fucking finished and that cunt, sean, still kept on bullshitting everyone at the very last moment until he shut the door to his money cave

how has *outright lying* become so god damned acceptable?

>how has *outright lying* become so god damned acceptable?

Geoff wants Sean to come on his show and explain himself, so he's gotta go soft right now to convince him to do it. I don't know why everyone else is going so easy on Sean, but Geoff has a reason

Exactly this!

Titanfall, No Man's Sky, and Tim Schafer's endless lies about funding. VGX was tied to some of the biggest disappointments in gaming.

people are apologetic to lying in general for the most part these days. It's always "the fault of someone else", or "they just didn't have the time", or "they had their heart in the right place" or whatever. Because people don't want to look bad themselves, or they have an agenda. Geoff, for example, doesn't want to lose possible sponsorship's in the future, and talking a lot of shit might get him in trouble with Sony. Who knows.

>its not our fault!

>Geoff, for example, doesn't want to lose possible sponsorship's in the future

Geoff's a big enough force in the industry that he doesn't need to worry about sponsorship loss from big companies. He runs a yearly large-scale awards show (which people use to promote new games) and is one of the most recognizable people on the media side of the industry.

It's the reason he's able to do stuff like get on Reggie about shit

If you ask them they'll tell you they were let down by the final game too

I don't think he destroyed anyone.

He didn't say anything new, he just gave a very forgiving and nonconfrontational view on why a dev would fuck up like that.

>they dindu nuffin, they was a good dev who was ambitious and the media hyped them too much

hardly what he said at all.
>they fucked up big time
>they shouldn't lie and this shit wouldn't happen
>I shouldn't have given these indie faggots the time of day that I did.
is more appropriate.

>they fucked up big time, but we were expecting too much from an indie dev
>they shouldn't lie and this shit wouldn't happen, but they were under too much pressure from the media and couldn't back down
>I shouldn't have given these indie faggots the time of day that I did, but their concept was great and it's visionaries like this that drive the industry forward even when they fail
ftfy

wow so much anger from this community of thirsty neckbirds lol just ignore all of the haters Sean, they are all insecure little boys that don't know how to talk to a game developer . Do me a favor and reject all of the adds that you are receiving now because honestly, it's most likely not going to end well, they will harass you and bully you but I won't let that happen. Add me on skype (hitman90001) you can use my shoulder to cry on or we can just talk about life heh.. :P muah xoxoxoxo

He never said that we were expecting too much. He literally says "you have every right to be pissed off because you were mislead". Hardly saying that anyone was expecting too much.

Watch the goddamn video, you apologist.

we get it

Geoff has steered clear from the SJW politics that have infested the gaming industry, so that alone is pretty good.
His only fault is being an industry shill, but I'd rather take that than being told I'm sexist/whateverist for enjoying a game. Goes to show you how shit gaming "journalism" has gone to lately.

I did, seems like you didn't.
>apologist
i'm literally saying they fucked up you stupid fucking faggot. Try reading my posts instead of just shitposting and choking on their cocks, since you love them so much that they have every reason to have failed (they didn't, by the way, faggot. They lied, and were awful people and should be fucking sued to shit for their lies)

Oh no, a bipartisan and rational view that takes other factors into consideration instead of lynch mob mentality? How pathetic!

Is it me or is he starting to looks like Reggie?

He is right. Why are we so angry at a developer who is dreaming big. Trying to create something grand, something new. God forbid someone ambitious and try and push the gaming industry further. To try and make games become even grander. Sorry this isn't your yearly Call of Duty rehash.

Pretty sure they were lead on almost as much as we were. I mean you can blame them for not anticipating that the game would get bland no matter what because of procedural generation but can you really blame the media for not expecting that literally everything shown or said about the game by the dev would be a lie? I don't think I've ever seen a game where the ads were as blatantly bullshit as this one and I've seen a lot of bullshit ads.

t. out of work social studies graduate

This.
Never once did I think no man sky's was gonna be good, I tried to steer as many people as I could from buying it because I knew it was gonna be bad, then I have friends telling me. UH you were right user, the game really is bad and I have to feel so bad because I wanted to protect them.
I WANTED TO PROTECT THEM FROM THE PAIN I ALREADY KNOW

Because they showed us videos of things that didn't exist and told us that was what we would be buying.

We all make fun of this game, but I genuinely feel bad for Sean. He never wanted any of this. I mean go back and watch that interview where he is asked about how the hype of the game is probably going to lead to a ton of sales. His kinda sits there and then responds:

>I am afraid of disappointing everyone

you feel sorry for him because he lied?
I'm poor so feel sorry for me and give me money

Then he shouldnt have charged $60 for it. Fuck him. Game would have been 100% fine if it was $30.

Did you ignore the part where they blatantly lied about the game? Just because you have ambition doesn't mean you can tell that to your audience, and then let them find out that it doesn't exist after they spend SIXTY DOLLARS on it.

Nice ad hominem

Just stop posting, sperg. If you can't think for yourself and actually discuss things I'm sure there's a meme-filled "hate machine" thread for you.

you have too much empathy for a shrewd, lying sack of shit who only pretends to be genuine

I haven't seen anyone be soft on him, people want to know what the hell happened.

It's obvious that the developers lied, but people want to know what the circumstances were. Did Sean just flat out lie about everything and none of it was ever true, or did things have to be cut because they couldn't get them to work? Also why the dead silence for over a month after the game was launched?

We know that the developers were full of shit, but we want to know why, and hear what Sean Murray has to say. There's absolutely no way he could pretend that NMS is exactly as advertised, hell, they're under investigation for that very thing.

I have seen very few people try to defend them, and they all get called out on it. Even in places like Neogaf, people demand answers.

>Responding to such stale pasta

It's not the dreaming big we take issue with, it's the fact that there was no honesty in what they were fuck I just realized you were posting bait.

You do realize you're replying to a copy pasta right ?

Honestly. It kind of sucks that this failed so badly and generated such a large shit storm. Because the ideas behind it are fucking awesome. But since this was such a huge blunder it will most likely deter other developers from trying to improve upon those ideas, and push the industry as a whole further towards yearly rehases of the same old shooters and sports and other bullshit.

Literally the embodiment of nu-males, grow a fucking spine, work on your project and don't spout blatant lies.

I don't browse Cred Forums as much I used to so no I did not it was a pasta

Geoff is a cool guy.
Rolled with the pope meme and doesn't take it too seriously. Knows he is a sellout and understands he has to sellout to do what he likes.

>ablub blub blub copy pasta!!11-mind

yeah got it, no-life spergs

Clinton has killed people
The only thing Keighley has killed his his own soul

what a safe video masquerading as groundbreaking. Doritos Pope had the opportunity to say this fucking weeks ago and did nothing until now? Bandwagon faggot.

I dont know if I like this picture with the pasta better or the teary eyed one.... hmmm

>Calls us spergs when he literally has a sperg attack in his post

WEW

CAN'T ROPE THE POPE

Might be pasta, but it does kinda have a point. The guy seemed passionate so he must have been a great actor if it wasn't genuine. What if he was under some sort of pressure from the likes of Sony to try and sell shit that might not have been in the game?

I'm looking forward to the interview this month then. I had no horse in the race for this game from day 1, but the drama around it is entertaining. I wonder what Sean has to say about the whole deal, including his silence.

>surprised 15 made a few algorithms then let it load
huh

>Great actor

He's a legitimate fucking psychopath. Every time the rat fuck was lying he would look away and laugh, usually downward.

I don't feel bad for him. He released a $60 turd. You can't charge AAA prices and expect people to treat you like a small indie studio team. Deserves everything he's getting and more.

I'm pretty sure he's inadvertently trying to kill the soul of the game industry as well.

im sorry for that clear amount of dick in your mouth, sean lied through his teeth yet you think hes the one we should sympathize with ? get out

>there will never be a good video game equivalent of half in the bag

its not fair, Cred Forums doesn't deserve them

there is always pressure, but he was using glorified footage and thoroughly scripted builds in order to demo the game, lying about that they were randomly generated, and never once backed down on claims - or even questions - people had about the title's gameplay systems

>haha you should discover that for yourselves!
>oh no the game has leaked...... ummm..... YOU SHOULDN'T SPOIL IT FOR YOURSELF, WAAIT UNTIL IT GETS SOOOOLD AND D- DISCOVER IT ON YOUR OOOWN!!!

he's a fuck, plain and simple

>Pope Clement I
>tied to an anchor and thrown from a boat into the Black Sea
Don't be so sure, user

you must be young, or extremely naive, I guarantee you he knew exactly what he was doing and genuinely believes that his audience are a bunch of idiots for believing his bs.

How many threads must that pasta be posted before people catch on and stop replying to it seriously?

cuck

Yeah idk. I mean didnt buy the game, I kinda knew it was going to be nothing but a glorified walking sim with procedural generation. But even still, everytime I watched interviews the guy really did seem passionate, I got the vibe that the game was a labor of love. That they were creating something they wanted to play. I mean they had been working on the game for awhile before it became huge weren't they? Also I mention the Sony thing because wasn't the whole journey to the center of the universe and monoliths (or whatever the fuck they are called) just tacked on because sony said they needed to have clear concise objectives, and some sort of story.

>sony told them how to make the game down to the details
got any proof?
also just because hes passionate doesnt make him get a free pass for his bullshit

>down to the details

I didnt say they told them exactly what to do. And I could be mistaken, hence why I worded it as "wasn't the whole journey..." But I could have swore I saw in a interview that originally they didn't plan to have any sort of guiding force towards the center, or have any sort of indicators to the past inhabitants or intelligent lifeforms in the galaxy, it was literally just you there to explore at your leisure, until apparently Sony told them something along the lines of "while they enjoyed the game, they felt it needed to have a more concise objective and some background lore" and then thats where they got the idea of the center of the galaxy and monoliths. Again I could be mistaken. Maybe I dreamed this all up.

>small developer lies about their game
>media shits all over them

>large company does it
>silence

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Also yeah no it doesn't give the guy a free pass, I would just think if you are super passionate about something that you would want it to succeed and be enjoyed, not just make money.

And before it was

>Everyone lies about their games
>People with stockholm syndrome immediately forgive them and defend them

This is at least a fucking start

XD

>Destroyed
>Was super apologetic throughout the whole thing like as if he owed Sean something
If it's a bad game, call it a bad game. Ambition and promises being squander only makes it worse, not better.

Also learn to wear a hat you faggot.

Yeah, people who presumably had much more access to the game before release. Even if they didn't and didn't know anymore than we did then fuck them anyway for being the NMS marketing department when they're supposed to be journalists.

The only way it's even slightly excusable is if the game reached what was essentially its final state very quickly and they assumed that would be heavily built on. I find that kind of hard to believe when it's a dev team of 15 or so people.

I'm convinced the radio silence is because they are working on a significant patch to add a shitload of missing features.

Or they're doing coke in an endless party with their millions of dollars.

One of the two

>r did things have to be cut because they couldn't get them to work?

Given the fact even the box the game was shipping on was printed to say MP on it, and they litterally had to put stickers over it saying it didn't have it, that would suggest it got cut LITERALLY last minute

It was obvious from very early on though that they never really considered MP to be an important part of the game, wheras a lot of the people excited for it did. So If I had to guess, the whole issue stems from the fact that the fans expected something as major as MP to be announced if it got cut/can't imagine something that majior being cut at all, so it HAD to have never been there, wheras the devs probably didn';t think to make a formal "hey we had to cut it" announcement because in their eyes it was never a major feature anyways

t. somebody who has been following NMS since it was announcesd autistically but never ended up buying the game due to other stuff that got cut other then MP

That's why I am always thankful to see Joel McHale who completely ignores his lines and keeps Geoff on his toes to maintain his narrative

I feel like they would need to go full on expansion pack to give back what was missing from the original trailers. The complete pointlessness of space ships as only a means of transportation when it seemed like it was supposed to be one of the biggest aspects is what lost me.

Bingo, fuck this guy for not saying something sooner if he knew/'had a feeling' and fuck him for trying to save his ass (and Murray's) after being called out for it.

>destroyed
>he defends them at every chance
>they made me dream about what games could be thats admirable even if they didn't deliver
>they did their best
fuck you op

watched the video he defenes them multiple times

Geoff saw all the gameplay we did, thats why he was hyped by the potential

Not him but Geoff is a mouthpiece for the industry. His job is to hype everyone on every product.

I mean, why not? They have a shitload of money from sales and major patches on consoles isn't exactly that uncommon.

Sure thing, Sean

Because it's a lost investment. It was never a selling point of the game that they would be updating, and any money poured into updating isn't going to take away their bad reviews and poor player experiences. I assume they'll do 1 or 2, but don't expect anything that changes the score.

>acts like a normal human being and expresses his opinions without vitriol or insane conspiracies and a desire to see the world burn
>destroyed

I hate you guys so fucking much. You're all fucking idiots. Nobody listens to this board, not because you "tell the truth", but because you can't express yourselves without violently shitting all over the place.

>No one has posted based Brandon Jones yet who tried to warn us all

youtu.be/f7AqWngkfdI?t=98

that is an extreme comparison, he's more like the Ted Cruz of gaming

What I don't understand is if he does this off-the-cuff stuff, clearly still enjoys games and holds them to a higher standard, why does he still do the circle-jerk promo stuff? Is every aspect of the journalism part of the industry just beyond saving?

He is also asking some straight forward questions like how he BTFO Reggie and that old Microsoft CEO before Phil

Is that reaal?

twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/741743186477907968

OH GOD IT IS

>people bought into the hype machine yet again

Isn't NMS just a worse Minecraft built on a larger budget?

I can't understand why everyone seems to forget when Geoff went on the offensive against Reggie and Mattrick

Mattrick's response was fucking hilarious

Clearly you missed the part where Sean told him pre-release that he was going to distance himself from Geoff because he was "too negative". Negative for asking questions.

Fuck Sean Murray and his bullshit. I'm so glad Geoff called him out like that publicly live. He needs to have all the heat in the world thrown his way for being a lying scumbag. If he came forward and was honest and apologized, it'd be something. But he's done absolutely nothing about apologizing to his fans so fuck him.

>aim for the moon
>land on the stars

Wut

Maybe we shouldn't blame the developers for dreaming big or the hyper makers for shilling it out so much as we should be blaming the utterly retarded consumers for buying into it. They're the ones with the power. Every time Bethesda or Ubisoft releases a bunch of failed promises, people complain but everything is forgiven.

The problem of overhyped games and false promises is bigger than just No Man's Sky and it's really disappointing that nobody sees it or will do anything about it.

>Clinton has killed people

you cant prove that you racist mysoginist trump loving piece of shit

underaged newfag spotted

He missed the moon, overshot the orbit and ended up in the center of the sun.

Sean should've made a deal with Mountain Dew, and also say its a feminist game and Doritos Pope wouldve been all over his game, praising it to high heavens.

I can't wait when whe will invite Sean and they are gonna cry on each others sholder damage controlling all this shit.

>also say its a feminist game and Doritos Pope wouldve been all over his game

Since when has the Pope given a shit about stuff like that? I want sources

Hillary publicly whines about the wall street banks while privately making 22 million dollars from them on speaking fees alone, not including their open campaign donations.

Maybe we should blame the guy who blatantly lied and falsely advertised the game.

It's fine to be mad at him, but people should've been wary of the promises No Man's Sky was making in the first place. They should be wary of ALL the promises EVERY developer makes and the hype makers shill out. In the end it all falls upon the consumer for believing the lies and giving into the hype. The only reason people are mad at Hello Games is because they're an easy target and nobody gets too mad at the big companies for pulling the same shit.

wtf, I like Geoff Keighley now.

That is the most ass backwards thing I've ever heard of.

>and nobody gets too mad at the big companies for pulling the same shit
That's bullshit though

You're literally saying the people actually doing something wrong should bear no guilt and shouldn't be punished.

You're literally being anti-consumer.