Cred Forumscore

Are there any games that would be considered Cred Forumscore, similar to how Cred Forums has at least a few albums that would be considered Cred Forumscore?

bump

when does nocturne get good? I played it it for 6-8 hours and I got bored of mixing demons and running in corridors.

Why does Cred Forums overrate Nocturne so much? It's so dull. The gameplay is typical turn based shit, just hit them with their weakness and heal when needed. And the demon negotiation lacks depth, it just feels like a random guessing game. The characters are painfully bland. The only thing I guess that Cred Forums likes is that it references to creatures and gods names. But the game doesn't really do anything special with those, it's just pseudo-intellectuals thinking their game is mature because it has no personality and makes references. It's such a forgettable, mediocre game in every way.

>I got bored of mixing demons and running in corridors.
If you already beat the Matador you might as well drop it because what you disliked is entire game

Sadly I lost my save, well more like my ps2 doesn't read discs anymore, so I would have to emulate it on pc or something from the beginning, and I wasn't really excited about keep playing it before I was unable to.

So the story doesn't pick up or anything? It's so widely praised around here and see it constantly on "must play rpg" lists, that's why I always felt like I was missing something.

>"waahh wahhh how can people like something I don't likee"

That's how you sound. Stop being picky, man. People are different and they enjoy different things. What you think it's bland and tedious might be fun for someone else, what are you trying to prove while trying to make someone feel bad for their tastes?

The Wonderful 101.
Cred Forums is literally the only place on the internet with a significant amount of people who bought it. I bet we accounted for 90% or more of its sales.

The story might as well not be there, it exists only to keep you fusing demons and walking down corridors and justify fighting random boss demons

I finished Nocturne on hard, but I have to admit it is a horribly designed game
>fusion skill inheritance
>teleport mazes
>infinite rewards for grinding
>unless you gimp self with slot wasting skills, you literally can't prevent turn 0 instadeath from random encounters
>unskippable animations
It can be enjoyable, but it is horribly Japanese with all the bad designs. White people tend to avoid designs this retarded.

teleport mazes are not bad design and come from a time when computer rpgs weren't neutered into story focused slogs
everything else is

>blindly prodding around until you succeed
>brainlessly memorizing a combination of moves
>anything but utterly horrible, retarded design

Look at the catalog you dummy.

It's designed to trip up and confuse mapmakers, almost like a real magical evil dungeon would. I've never played SMT but teleporters and spinners are an integral part of dungeon crawlers.

Play a different SMT game.
I think Nocturne is one of the weakest of the bunch. The story really goes nowhere, and the little substories sprinkled in,like the warring demon factions at the beginning, aren't that interesting either.
None of the characters are really interesting with all of the big alignment characters going off the deep end after a few short exchanges with each of them across multiple hours of game time with nothing inbetween.
All of the mechanics in Nocturne have basically been improved since its release. Even Nocturne's Magatama system for getting skills for your MC is just a worse version of the Mantra system from DDS, which came out right after it, and fusing has been way less tedious ever since Devil Survivor added Fusion Search and letting you pick skill inheritance.

I think Nocturne gets a lot of slack because it was a lot of people's first real SMT game, but it doesn't really hold up, especially if you've played any of the SMT games after it.

Literally artificial difficulty.
Literally, non-ironically, non-buzzwordly artificial difficulty.

You mean games that are mediocre but completely overrated only on this community? Because that's what Cred Forumscore is.

Cred Forums core games:
Dead or Alive franchise
Senran Kagura franchise
Neptunia franchise

Basically any game with lots of half naked girls.

literally neo-Cred Forums

SMT 3 is very memorable for the great atmosphere, character design and bossfights though, and the difficulty is pretty good

Tell me what to change/add

This game was so fucking good

I probably never would have considered buying it had I never come to Cred Forums, and it's what got me into the rest of Platinum's games and convinced me to emulate God Hand and Okami.

It's one of the few examples where listening to Cred Forums is the right idea

swap vanquish for DMC3

Teleport mazes are only good if they instill a sense of being lost but in moderation. If you have teleports moving you to places where you can only step on more teleports then it fails since its basically just hallways. They need to move you around the but still drop you in places where you can explore a bit then move you again. To get you right as you think you have a handle on the situation. Then over time the map becomes second nature to you and the teleports now turn into an asset moving you around where you want to go quickly.

Huge grids of teleports doing nothing but being trial and error hallways are just boring design that wastes everyone's time. Once you know the answer its nothing. It starts annoying and ends annoying.

Metal Gear Solid 2
Dark Souls
Majora's Mask
Nier
Planescape Torment
Fallout New Vegas
Persona 3 FES

Swap demon souls for bloodborne.
Though I'm not sure if either really counts, since it's all just sonybronies glorifying games literally only because nobody but them can play them.

Too bad you have to sift through hours of nothing-fucking-happening and tedium to get to the good parts of it, and a lot of those aspects will not be enough to carry people through the game, myself included.
I stopped at around the Sakihagi fight in the fairy park because everything going on was pretty boring, I didn't care about anyone in the game at all, and the story wasn't going anywhere interesting in the slightest.

Atmosphere's fine, but atmosphere alone isn't enough to carry a game.

Godhand

You know Cred Forumscore is what albums are talked about a lot, or are referenced a lot right? Not necessarily the best.

Swap Demon's Souls for Dark Souls

Add Planescape Torment, LISA, 100% Orange Juice, Recettear, Divinity Original Sin, and SMT: Strange Journey

remove deus ex, fallout new vegas and hitman.

Were you not doing the Labyrinth of Amala? The game doesn't have much story but the gameplay is fun, the best in the series from what I've played anyway.

I still prefer P4G to Nocturne, but it is still a fantastic game. Maybe it really isn't for you, but the Labyrinth of Amala does give you a good chunk of backstory and explains what is happening, you can go through almost all of it without being locked into TDE route.

I don't know why Nocturne would be Cred Forumscore though. I tend to see a lot more DDS threads/references.

These threads are cancer, just look at what these retards are saying, there's nothing to do with Cred Forums, FUCK OFF RP"G" CODEX.

If you want Cred Forumscore go look at the catalog.

>remove deus ex, fallout new vegas
Are the multiple daily threads not a give away they're Cred Forumscore?

I only see deus ex mentioned, never in their own thread, and no, meme shitposting that the mods already banned is not a valid thread.

Hitman is not a regular thing on Cred Forums, New Vegas too.

>Were you not doing the Labyrinth of Amala?
I was doing it, and even then the story isn't that interesting. I think every single other SMT game has a better/more involved story Nocturne. Nocturne's story just feels like it was thrown in at the last minute, and the Labyrinth of Amala wasn't even in the original release of the game.

>but the gameplay is fun, the best in the series from what I've played anyway.
Literally every game with press turn has better gameplay than Nocturne.

seconding these

>Literally every game with press turn has better gameplay than Nocturne.
The smirk system disagrees. The fact you have to use MP for physical attacks is terrible as well.

cool aesthetic and for a jrpg the gameplay isn't ass. some of the side content bosses are actually genuinely hard and interesting to fight if you don't grind, which you never really need to in the game.

its a good jrpg for people who already enjoy jrpgs. its only really essential for people who are already into the genre

>for a jrpg the gameplay isn't ass

More like for a RPG the gameplay isn't ass, it's the best turn based system out there.

Not "core", but Gravity Rush has been quietly establishing itself as a Cred Forums staple. Any critique towards it is quickly silenced by dozens of posts like "how does it feel to have such a shit taste". I really liked Gravity Rush on PS4 though, so I have no problem joining the shill choir.

Snatcher is a similar case.

It can be good for people that don't play JRPG's. The only JRPG's I had played before it were P4G and P3:FES.

Put Lisa RPG,Persona 4 and Killer7 In.

If you're gonna put MGS3 athleast put the shitty camera free one.

New vegas gets way too many threads, sure
But deus ex? That gets a thread every 2 weeks, usually only around the time of a shitty sequel launch.

Smirk is fine. Got better in Apocalypse, too.
Not a huge fan of physical skills using MP, but Energy drain circumvents it almost entirely considering a lot of physical skills have way lower MP costs. Plus it means physical demons actually have some use for MP

yes yes and triple fucking yes

great characters for a game light on story, absolutely fucking memorable villains and rivals (chewgie and vorkken are some of the best this gen as far as im concerned), godly music, great gameplay, wonderful aesthetic, genuinely funny, the list goes on and on

honestly i preferred p3 over nocturne because while i enjoyed the depth and customization of nocturne far more than maybe any jrpg so far, p3 just has such little bullshit compared to it that it was overall a better experience

why not keep vanquish, AND add dmc3

What Cred Forumscore albums would the Cred Forumscore games correspond to? Deus Ex would be Spiderland.

>persona 4
>not persona 3
>not digital devil saga instead of both

The problem stems from STR in Nocturne contributing towards HP total

Smirk is not fine, especially when AI party members are involved. No idea what it's like in Apocalypse.

It makes the game unbalanced. Why would you get physical attack demons when they have very little MP to actually use their skills? Why should you waste a skill slot to give them an energy drain skill? If P5 hasn't gone back to physical attacks costing HP, I'll be genuinely disappointed.

Deus Ex is not Cred Forumscore.

Why do I see a lot of people say that Persona 3 saved them from depression?

Why does DDS get so much love again? I'm about to beat the second and just don't see why it's so highly praised.

>persona 3
>only loved by people that played it as their first MegaTen

>Why would you get physical attack demons when they have very little MP to actually use their skills? Why should you waste a skill slot to give them an energy drain skill?
Physical skills use way less MP in general, and physical demons also need way less skill slots for coverage compared to magic casters.

Thief, people who dislike it aren't people

Needs more Planescape,

>Pokemon Emerald
>literally the third shittiest generation.

It's not games you like, it's Cred Forumscore games.

If you don't think Cred Forums has spent a lot of time sucking off planescape you need to lurk longer before posting, user.

>Pikmin 2
>Comfy
It sure is,until you enter a cave. I remember doing a no pikmin death run, so stressful, never gonna do that again.

Did they seriously leave out MGS2?

Every planescape thread (one in every two months) is full of calling it a VN and shit game, even if the story is good.

It's on the list, right next to MGS3.

Children should be seen and not heard user. Be quiet and concentrate on lurking.

godhand

Ah, "even if the story if good FOR THEM".

Planescape is babby first YA fiction, low tier fantasy (they're all low tier).

That's what makes it perfect for Cred Forums.

Metal Gear Solid for the PSOne

>no Metroid, not even Primeshit
come on now, user

PROTECT EARTH

Remove yourself, faggot.

MGS2, Alpha Protocol, and RE4.

>Pikmin 2
Genocide is not comfy.