Have you ever experienced Real-Life "fears" in video games, Cred Forums?

Have you ever experienced Real-Life "fears" in video games, Cred Forums?

Like the fear of heights or the fear of sharks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IIQVAShJzLo
calgaryherald.com/sports/Update Saddledome cleanup begins/8566039/story.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotiabank_Saddledome
twitter.com/AnonBabble

One time when I jumped off the Aircraft on Fallout 4 I had vertigo for a brief second, no idea why it happened.

I recoil a bit every time your character falls off a building in any GTA game.

In Far Cry 4, I rarely swam anywhere at all. The shark hunting missions were a rough time for me.

no, i don't have the autism. video games aren't real

>Far Cry 4

I meant Far Cry 3.

For some reason back when the Amnesia demo was released I was really unnerved by the section where you have to hop from crate to crate and not splash the water. I have a fear or not being able to see whats under me when I'm swimming, so the thought of being in dark water in a dark room with an invisible monster was a winning scare combo.

Being poisoned by spiders in MGS3, having to remove leeches, threating broken bones are really a problem for me in that game.

SOMA reminded me of my fear of oblivion I guess

I get vertigo in video games when I jump from high places.

That's it.

I cannot fall in a video game without actually feeling like I am falling in real life, this does not apply to short falls like under 10 feet, I have to be falling and gaining speed for at least a few seconds before it's triggered.

It pretty awesome.

I'm not a fan of spiders irl or in video games, insect enemies in general can be unnerving.

I used to get vertigo from jumping off buildings in GTA San Andreas and sometimes with other games too

call me a faggot but literally every time giant spiders show up in video games, which is way too much

When I was a kid around 4 years old my dad introduced me to Prince of Persia. The skeleton guy was unnerving, but the first time I got chopped in half by those giant metal teeth I freaked out and stopped playing for a couple days.

The only time I ever get vertigo from playing vidya is in RE4, whenever you can make Leon jump down really far, like the ladder in the tower in the village or jumping off the top level of the platforms in that salazar statue room in the castle.

Mostly because you jump down from places so regularly and they're really all are pretty close heights, that anytime you fall for longer than the split second you're used to (seriously that statue room's drop is like 3 seconds) something just ticks in your head like "wait holy shit this is too high up"

Thankfully there's no fall damage in the game.

And RE4 is the only game you can fall in or be in precarious locations where it actually bothers me.

Arma's probably the best for making you experience actual fear during firefights.

brb reinstalling hl2
fuck you user

I know that feel. I love jumping down from bridges/sky scrapers/airplanes in first person view in GTAV.

This

Nope, I have a crippling fear of heights to the point of severe vertigo causing nausea and vomiting.

But in video games, nothing. In fact I love jumping off of tall shit in vidya. Best fun there is.

yeah, fear of heights sometimes if the map is well designed

Same here, though in real life its more like sweaty palms, spine tingling, and a little nausea.

I remember getting spooked in Space Engine when I clicked on the center of the milky way and hit move to. The speed was very unnerving.

Sorta the opposite for me. I enjoy silence and alone time, but in games it really creeps me out when there's a lack of any sound and npcs' around.

I don't like the feeling of being pursued in horror games like Amnesia or Outlast.

I beat Amnesia but uninstalled Outlast when some big guy chased me into a locker in a dark room never to play it again. Money well-spent.

I almost drowned as a kid so swimming can sometimes give me a cold sweat

I can't go into the water at all in Morrowind because Slaughterfish and Dreughs scare me

Luckily you can be god-like and walk fly through the water

Climbing up to the top of the Empire States Building in any Spider-Man game, putting the camera in a top-down perspective, and then doing charged jump always made my stomach roll.

You must hate Earth Defense Force.

Large objects in translucent water.

*shudders*

You better never play the Might and Magic RPG. I think Elder Scrolls has some Spoders/Insects too.

Terrifying.

I just remembered that quite a while ago I tried playing Tomb Raider Underworld, I quit at the giant octopus and never played it again.

every time i need to dive deep in a game i get spooked
especially when i know there will be something down there but i can't see it

>night dive
>it's dark
>turn flashlight on

DUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMM

I used to be pretty scared of spider and fighting them in vidya made me uncomfortable but I got over it. Now I just crush them with my hands.

This is me too, unfortunately.

I had to mod the scorpions in FNV to be dogs, I can't play Dark Messiah, and a few nights ago I started Shadow of Mordor just to find 2ft tall spiders randomly walking about. Gave up on a quest to follow gollum into a cave because of it.
I'm not sure if I'm going to get drunk to play this game, or find a way to do a quick and dirty model replacement.

FUCK. FUCK THIS STUPID PHOBIA.

every god damm fantasy game have these things
the name was dark messiah

>I had to mod the scorpions in FNV to be dogs

pretty pathetic senpai

Do any games recreate this feel? Massive, dark shapes looming out of the murky water? I wouldn't say it's a phobia of mine but underwater stuff like that is definitely chilling to me and one of the spoopiest visuals in pictures and movies.

I've gotten some mildly similar feelings from underwater levels in Tomb Raider 2, but not really. Anything that REALLY has moments like that?

What this guy said. The first time I took the shortcut back to town in Xenoblade I had to shut my eyes so I wouldn't watch Shulk plummet into the lake.

Not denying it. It is.

Also unsure of going back to Terraria once I found out that they FUCKING ADDED SPIDERS AND SPIDER BIOMES TO THE GAME.

WHY THE GODDAMN FUCK DO FANTASY GAMES EVEN *NEED* SPIDERS?

How does assassin's creed fair with this?

That's fascinating

Subnautica is perfect for that.

Subnautica

subnautica

Not that guy, but I was getting this unpleasant feeling in the chest\stomach when falling from great heights in AC games. I felt this more so in Mirror's Edge.
Kinda fun, actually.

No. I freeze up around snakes. In vidya I seek them out and slaughter them all.

oh shit

EBIN

This. I may be scared of heights or massive spiders, but since the other senses are not there when playing vidya, I don't feel any fear at all. In fact I don't feel anything other than fun when playing all kinds of vidya.

>Deep underwater

Metroid Prime 2 and even some parts of fucking WoW were almost too much for me. It's a legitimate phobia of mine.

I fear heights, well actually it's just a fear of falling down but I guess that's basic survival instinct. But they do nothing for me in video games. In fact, I love vidya and levels with a lot of vertical differences. For example, this part of HL2 was really cool imo.

youtube.com/watch?v=IIQVAShJzLo

Crackdown really gave me vertigo back on the 360. I don't even know why it happened so much in that game but not at all in other games like Prototype where you're jumping all over the place just the same. GTAV is another game that really gave me vertigo too, falling out of a plane, even with invincibility turned on or during that 'dream' sequence with Michael, shit just gave me a funny feeling in my stomach.

Yes, when falling down after failing to grab whatever in Mirror's Edge

The falls were not long enough to do anything, along with the camera being on what seems to be a rail as you fell stopped me from feeling anything.

>getting just a funny feeling

Consider yourself lucky, I actually get the crazy feeling that you would only get when you fell long and fast enough to pick up enough speed to start to make you lose consciousness, for some reason it feels like tons of blood is rushing to the top of my head and I get very lightheaded, almost like I feel like the way you do when you take a hit of N02 from a cool whip can.

Holy shit, that's pretty bad user. Do you get that sort of feeling just standing next to an edge and looking over it in real life? I used to have this great fear of heights but I kinda forced myself to get over it by visiting recreational places like those skyparks and shit with clear glass floors allowing you to see all the way to the ground. Used to get weak knees dealing with shit like that but these days all I get are those funny feelings. Like a small feeling of anxiety or nausea but it's manageable.

Yes, I even get the feeling when I am standing at the base of a tall building and looking up. I have not actually ever gone close to an edge to the point where I can look directly down to the ground without actually laying on the ground first and crawling my way over the edge and just peeking my head over, I still felt like I was actually going to pass out and not be able to stop myself from falling forward.

Whenever I fell in Mirror's Edge I got hard seeing Faith fall and flail. So...

>*actions*

Back to plebbit faggot

Same, xenoblade, tomb raider 2, all brought this on me

Being buried under dead spiders inside a tight tunnel in 4.1 creeped me out a bit.

STALKER is the closest I can think of, and it was just that sort of atmospheric dread and fear of the dark type stuff.

Not that guy, but AC rarely go there.
The towers is too short.
And most of the higher vantage points is not suppose to be jumped from.

Now, some of the stuff, like the Cathedral in 2 do give parts of the feeling, but only because fish eye camera is woobly.

I have a big fear of the deep, dark ocean. Games like GTA V really bring out that fear through the open shark infested waters. Other than that just jumpscares mainly.

Subnautica scares the shit out of me

Closest thing I can think of is when you would blow up the bugs (cockroaches right?) in MGS2 in first person view and they'd land on the camera. Kinda made me jump the first time.

>tfw no Amigara Fault vidya

I used to be scared shitless of spiders. Now I'm usually not as scared so I can power through the spider areas and enemies. Getting the camera as far away from the spiders and the player character helps a bit.

If I'm immersed enough, heights and deep ocean will be scary.

>I wake in fear every night thinking "What if the floor was lava?"

Fear of heights, yes.

fuck, wrong pic

I bought subnautica only to find out that I'm terrified of deep water

Yes, this game makes me feel un-easy as fuck and I sometimes just quit because I can't deal with it.

The game is really fun to play but sometimes the deep scares me too much.

Yes. I have a htc vive.

This reminds me of the thread we had a year or two ago about really weird "extreme sports" like stuff some people do.

Same with me, Only for a second when I realise I've jumped in the wrong direction and im heading for the great a get that similar feeling of when you go over a hill in a car.

Shame its near impossible to take any real damage in those games.

Nah, although whenever I'm relatively high, in video games or real life, I feel like jumping. Sounds stupid and I don't normally feel like flying except when I'm high.

I jump off shit all the time in games just to see if i can survive it.

Just don't do it in real life.

Same here, bro.

This is actually less scary to me because of all the solid objects. Deep dark water with NOTHING around you is horrific.

Every time I heard one of those poison headcrabs

that giant fucking whale in the underwater zone scared the graberion out of me

I fear deep waters but the alien fish look sort of cartoony with bright colors and not some deep sea monstrosity like pic related so its not that bad.

>or the fear of sharks.

yus. Didn't finish the game until years after I first played it because I got to that part then stopped

>my face when I first encountered these

No, because I know that no matter what I do in a videogame, I will be safe outside. Even while playing scary vidya, it only feels like my subconsciousness is reacting to it.

>The big one that appears right in front of you when you have to dive to press a button

I don't fear the fish, reapers look goofy but they can still kill and pop out of nowhere.
It is also mostly just the emptyness and darkness that makes me nervous.

>heavy breathing

Does this kind of imagery trigger anyone else?

>opaque brown water
>dark big indoor stadium
>there's no telling how far deep the water goes

sauce on these? I wanna know more. For some reason it puts me in mind of that time that one urban explorer swam out to that abandoned brokedown Disney attraction and took photos all of that weird shit inside.

:^)

So much, yes. The darker area at the top of the image really ups the spoopy factor for some reason.

Subnautica scares the living shit out of me, especially when I play in VR

2013 Alberta floods. This is Calgary's Saddledome stadium, the former Olympic stadium for the 1988 Winter Olympics.

calgaryherald.com/sports/Update Saddledome cleanup begins/8566039/story.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotiabank_Saddledome

Slight vertigo feeling the first time I played San Andreas and did a large jump off the mountains using a dirt bike, and Assassins Creed on a large HDTV and dove off a building. Strangely enough I never got the feeling with Mirrors Edge or GTA V.

GTA V's diving missions fucked with me

I hate the Ocean

mirrors edge
nuff said.

When I jump from high places in games my body tenses up and it hurts.

Yeah same for me. Too bad that rest of the game is shit.