It's not even bad. Nothing spectacular but a competent game, sort of like Prime Pinball was

It's not even bad. Nothing spectacular but a competent game, sort of like Prime Pinball was.

>forcing multiplayer into a game whose strength is a singleplayer experience based around exploration and an interconnected world filled with multiple paths available to the player, and many more that open up via exploration
>with a game so casual it can be beaten by 12 year olds

>implying the other metroids weren't made to be beaten by 12 year olds

>>forcing multiplayer into a game whose strength is a singleplayer experience based around exploration and an interconnected world filled with multiple paths available to the player, and many more that open up via exploration
user fails to remember Metroid Prime Hunters

Yes, and? Look at the singleplayer of Prime Hunters and tell me that it wasn't also a piece of trash. Not to mention how horrible the multiplayer was and how quickly hackers and glitch abusers turned it into a desolate wasteland.

Metroid Prime Hunters' multiplayer was fun as fuck, literally the only problem was that they couldn't push patches to fix glitches and hackers. Fed Force has neither of those to begin with.

>competent game,

NOOOOOO! IT'S SHIT! IT'S SHIT! STOP SHILLING! NINTENDO KEEPS BULLYING ME! >:^(

I got bored pretty early on & dropped it but with the little I played I mostly hated how slow you run & the gyro controls.

anyone wanna play m16 slipstream?

>Metroid Prime Hunters' multiplayer was fun as fuck,
Stopped reading there. If you want to play Call of Duty, go to another franchise. Stop forcing multiplayer on every IP.

hunters is nothing like CoD. kill your dumbass self

It has more in common with Quake than it does with Call of Duty, but was its own thing outside of either.

Why do you have a problem with a game series experimenting with multiple genres?

Its sad that no one sees the value in single player games anymore, if a game doesn't have multiplayer most normies won't even consider it worth playing.
I guess neo-Cred Forums isn't much different in that regard (see: overmeme)

>focuses on gamer scores and online leaderboards

Yeah, it's a COD clone alright.

>Why do you have a problem with a game series experimenting with multiple genres?
Because, more often than not, they never get it right. Metroid Prime was the blaring exception to the rule, and to this day it's still a miracle how it turned out so good. Hunters and Federation Force are pretty much what Prime would've been if everything went horribly wrong.

I really enjoy how when it comes to the 3DS, I feel like there's always this lingering substandard that so many people have, just to defend really poor games. The 3DS library is garbage, so I expect a few people to defend it, but not to the extent of constantly telling people bad games are worthwhile.

This board has legit awful taste when it comes to the 3DS.

>Because, more often than not, they never get it right
You act like Metroid 2 wasn't different from 1, Super Metroid wasn't very different from 2, Fusion wasn't dramatically different to Super, and Prime wasn't completely different to everything else.

You also act like spinoffs are impossible to have.

any word on how this sold yet?

did it do worse than codename steam?

>>focuses on gamer scores and online leaderboards

Today, I learned that Pokemon is a CoD clone!

You underestimate the power of nintendo fanboyism.
Its not just the 3DS. I see anons telling people all the time that games like Sonic Lost World, Star Fox Zero and Devil's Third are legitimately good and that if you dislike them you're a casual.

t. Gamespot

>shocked that a nintendo game is designed for kids

Really user?

I don't get it. I own all the consoles, and there are some legit bad games and double standards imposed all around. I don't think its just NIntendo fanboys.

I see it the most with the 3DS though. Facebook games that were once thought the worst thing ever, are now okay on the 3DS, and just various other underwhelming titles that get passes and are REALLY bad games, so bad, its hard to even finish them.

I would really love for Mario or Zelda to go through a years-long hiatus of no games at all, people shitting themselves every couple of months, turning into years "we didn't get a mario/zelda this year!!" only to then get the federation force treatment.

And then to have no word on the series' future.

>with a game so casual it can be beaten by 12 year olds
Funny, because the first 2 metroids I beat when I wasn't even 12 yet.

>>with a game so casual it can be beaten by 12 year olds

You mean, all of them, you pretentious faggotron?

Japanese 12 year olds.

So 20 year old Americans.

>You also act like spinoffs are impossible to have.
A good spinoff doesn't cross boundaries that it shouldn't. If it wants to be a completely different genre, then it should at the least still be faithful to the Metroid series.

I hold that even Metroid Prime pinball was more faithful than federation force for many reasons. 1. It didn't lie to me. I got a pinball game modeled after Metroid Prime. 2. I got a good singleplayer game. It didn't try to be COD with Metroid characters. 3. It didn't try shoving a stupid plot in my face ala Fed Force or Other M. It was a silly non-canon game, and because the story didn't matter, it wasn't shoved in my face via stupid cutscenes.

If you want to make a spinoff, make it a lighthearted, fun experience. Don't shove plot and drama in my face.

>glorious nippon superior culture

>I am a salty metroid sperg, and I approve this message

Try not to wear your butthurt on your sleeve.

Hey guys, just made a game, looking for people to join. M16 Slipstream. Mission is kicking my ass on solo

Actually, yes it is. Considering how much it's rehashed, how it refuses to improve upon basic concepts, and how it refuses to give any difficulty options for the singleplayer, how unbalanced the multiplayer is, and how full of filler and grinding the main game is. What do I mean by grinding? Well, the RNG based around pokemon encounters, for example. If I want to do a low level run, for example, so that I can feel a little challenge, then I have no way of avoiding random pokemon battles, and more often than not it takes me 5 minutes just to run away from a pidgey or a psyduck. Worse yet, you don't get repels until later into the game, so the beginning is just a painful slog.

>facebook games

???

This was a flaw of the originals, I won't deny. But Nintendo seriously hasn't tried to fix this in 30 years? We're just clinging onto the past just because?

Even AM2R offered a hard mode right off the bat.

Hey, Japan isnt the one saying that cinematic garbage like The Last Of Us is the Citizen Kane of games.
Monster Hunter is the most popular game in Japan by far and it takes way more skill than anything that your typical westcuck plays.
>m-muh Overmeme!!!

Single player games were killed by 2 things:

Piracy (self explanatory)
Money:

Games like Overwatch and GTA Online will keep generating income for years. A single player game is a one time payment. Bioware made KOTOR3 an MMO for a reason.

>The Last Of Us is the Citizen Kane of games
literally no one has said that. I don't believe you. Any one that says that is a troll. There is nothing remarkable about that game.

Yea sure. I'll get on in a sec

You must not know many dudebro gamers.

I like Japanese videogames. Doesn't mean I want to be Japanese. I like where I live. I know enough about Japan that I wouldn't want to live there.

>Considering how much it's rehashed, >how it refuses to improve upon basic concepts,
>how unbalanced the multiplayer is,

Oh, I get it, you're salty

How is the fact that young people can enjoy it something that needs fixing? You sound like a fedora-tipping hipster faggot.

>Oh, I get it, you're salty
I don't even know what this means? Must you push your /fit/ memes here?

>How is the fact that young people can enjoy it something that needs fixing?
Theyre the only audience for it. That's the problem. I could easily claim that any game could appeal to young kids, like the millions of games regularly pumped out of steam greenlight. Is I Am Bread a good game, just because kids like it? Is Shower with your Dad Simulator a good game just because kids like it? Is Gone Home a good game because some kid on tumblr said it helped him check his white privilege?

>. Is I Am Bread a good game, just because kids like it? Is Shower with your Dad Simulator a good game just because kids like it? Is Gone Home a good game because some kid on tumblr said it helped

if you're just gonna strawman, then piss off my board and go play nocturne, or whatever (You) """"mature"""" gaymers like to yoff to, beeyotch.

I am bread is a fantastic game. fuck you

>"mature" gamer

Oh, you misunderstand. I'm not a mature gamer. I don't think games need to adhere to some strict realistic angle. I just would argue that quality isn't born from multiplayer, or gamer scores, or trying to pander to the lets play audience.

They are. They're so prideful in their work they'll die from a simple cold.