60 fucking shekels

>60 fucking shekels

Are people really going to buy this? Also that wired controller that's attached to a 2 foot cable.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GA2tpPl-9GQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KOuVKxzW4Do
youtube.com/watch?v=kO5ng3fWivI
youtu.be/3dgnD93pwX0
youtube.com/user/electronupdate
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Unless you like being heckled, shekel man.

>people will buy this when you can just emulate for free
for those on Cred Forums who are buying this, why?

I'm thinking of getting an everdrive for my NES
Seems like the better product

well nerd not everyone is a hacker like you and know how or wants to mess with overcomplicated emulators and download malwares disguised as roms in russian websites some of us just want to open a beer and turn on to play games with our gfs you know get a life lel what is your suggestion bring the computer to the room? top kek you should be WORKING in your pc not PLAYING

It would honestly be pretty cool if it could connect to the internet so you could buy other games or something

There's no way it's not a Raspberry Pi

I'll get it eventually for half the price just to stick it on my shelf, NES are cool.

Rereleasing the same shit over and over works for Pokemon, why not just do entire consoles

I pre-ordered it today, along with Pokemon Moon.
:3

you underestimate normies and le ebin gamer geeks XD, it's the same reason people keep buying remasters every year

This thing is aimed at Nintendo fanboys and older people who will play a game of Mario Bros with their kids and never plug it again after Christmas Day.

I don't know why you guys are all so butthurt. You're not the target audience.

I fucking hope that thing doesn't output in "pixel perfect" mode by default. That shit is the bane of my existence.

I'd by the shell as a raspberry pi case for $15, but since I already have a raspberry pi with evey single NES,GB,GBC,GBA,SNES and 64 game ever I don't really need it.

I doubt it, probably a chinese pi knockoff.

It's video game merchandise, so why not?

There's the off chance that it might be collectible too.

I think its pretty cool desu familia

30 games, mostly classics for $60 is a deal. Not to mention if you look at the gamexplain test, they seems to be perfect emulations unlike whats unavailable on the actual Wii U/ Wii VC and likely PC too.

Honestly, if they made SNES, N61, PS1 and Genesis minis I'd buy them too. inb4 someone posts that shitty Genesis Plug N Play that Sega didn't actually make, my friend has that, it runs like ass and the build quality is a joke.

What's wrong with the pixel perfect mode?

Arent the japs getting a famicom version that is the same price but has 2 controllers?

>64
>tfw not even the Pi3 can handle most N64 games
I just wanna play Mario Party 3 at a stable framerate
Hoping the Pi4 and actual coherence in the N64 emulation community can help

how could it be the same prize when they don't use dollars smart guy

Its a nice little collectors item, but I don't think I'll get it.

>I just wanna play Mario Party 3

Yuck. Suicide will suffice. Make that your mantra. Say it over & over to yourself till it takes hold.

The fuck does desu mean and why is it used in so many fucking contexts? I still can't figure out what it means

>desu familia
>defending nintendo like a dog

Daily Cred Forums cringe general?

The games were designed to be in 4:3, period. Just because the console has an internal resolution at 8:7 doesn't make that the "true" aspect ratio.

But these retarded kids who've never played a real NES or SNES think that's what the game is supposed to look like, thanks to poorly made emulators, and now Nintendo is bowing to their stupid needs by adding pixel perfect mode.

It was my second system after atari, I like the games it comes with. It's easy and I can afford 60. Not putting any money towards current gen, still playing ps3 games.

I don't see the big deal. With all the micro transactions in current games it's still cheaper than 1 ps4 game.

>for the price of one modern game you get 30 and the means to play them

look, this thing isnt for people like you and me

this thing is for the guys in their 30s/40s who dont even have a current gen console and want to play the games they played when they were kids with minimal effort

Word filter.

I thought this was some chinese knockoff scam when I 1st saw it on facebook. NES are fucking everywhere and easy as shit to fix

Absolutely no way. Too expensive.

>I don't see the big deal
I don't see it either, because that device just isn't a good deal. for 60 bucks you can setup a pi with a controller and put the entire library of the NES on a fucking 2gb sd card. Not to mention letting 2 people play.

But I'm not going to shit on people who want to buy it. It looks cute and it's probably a nice gift if you don't know what to get for someone on christmas. I hope they will sell replacement cases, so that you can put something else in it.

See
Right on cue.

I'm not like the rest of you. I have no idea what a pi is. I just want to play Contra without wasting a weekend figuring this shit out.

The target audience for this thing is people who will associate the term "Raspberry Pi" with "something you eat on the side at Thanksgiving holiday".

This wasn't meant for anyone who knows even slightly what they're doing.

That wasn't his point. His point was that you could play every single game included and more on any shitty old laptop or smartphone for free. I think the smartphone option sucks unless you get a physical controller. You can play vanilla games or use save states and cheats. For free. It's not about having the money to spend, it's about spending it when you don't need to.

I might get one because I think they're adorable & the price tag is reasonable. I usually use my PSP to emulate NES games these days, but it looks like a real friggin neato thing to have. I'm not dead set on it. I would definitely get one if they get cracked & you can put any NES game on there. See how things pan out. Especially when the initial rush for people to get them dies down & it's not the hot holiday item.

My dad knows how to run an emulator. People have been doing this stuff since the 80's, it's not that hardcore.

I'll probably buy some for easy Christmas gifts, and I won't be surprised if I get one from somebody else as a gift.

That's really what this thing is, an easy nostalgic gift.

The controllers are tiny as fuck and hardwired to the console. They also have japan only games.

Contra isn't on the NES Mini. Super C is, however. Not sure why this choice was made.

I have the feeling that they don't have any ports on the thing that would let you put data on it.
Konami being dicks probably.

>nintendo is the worst, huh neoga/v/? Do I fit in yet on an anonymous imageboard?
>same poster totally didn't say he wanted one from sony and sega too
what a fag

Ya no. I'm not playing games on my phone and I don't have a laptop right now. And 60 dollars is nothing so there's that too.

>Konami being dicks probably.
Yep that's what I figured

>cringe

I don't want to play it on my computer.

Becasue it's a nice little video game novelty item
60 dollars for 30 games is not a bad deal at all
It can make a great gift for kids or parents who were alive during that era.

can't this be done better with a rpi zero and a 3d printed case?

With a zero? Nah, too much of a hassle, just use a regular model b one.
And it seems pointless to buy a case for a zero, especially a nes case in that size.

I said zero because of the $30 difference

>Are people really going to buy this?
Yup. Middle aged man who played snes when they where kids.
Capitalizing on nostalgia. Jews gonna jew.

>$35 for a Pi3, probably less with bulk
>casing is probably $15 tops
>probably a fork of RetroPie or something, if not just a simple proprietary OS
>leftover Wii extension port pieces laying around from all the Wii remotes produced
>thing practically markets itself
>$60

>Can't this pasta be made with just some wheat, a grinder, some water and a knife?

>buying this when you download the entire NES library right now and only take up 237mb of your free space

and you will still need a micro-usb to usb A adapter, and then a usb hub if you want to use 2 controllers because the zero has no A ports.
Just use the fucking model b in the first place instead of daisy chaining bullshit together just to put in a controller

Waiting to see if it has a rasppi in it or an sd card that can be swapped and loaded with more games or some shit

It's crazy how people never had a problem with Plug and Play consoles when any other company did it, but the second NIntendo does it, it's time to get mad.

It's a cute plastic miniature that lights up.

What would be the point of buying pi3 for $35 when you can just buy some chinese knockoff shit for $20 and less? Do you honestly believe they just want to make $10 per piece?

I'm going to buy one for my mom.
She spent her teens playing the NES and probably getting fucked in arcades.

WHAT ARE YOU STUPID, WHY DON'T YOU JUST EMULATE IT FOR FREE, YOU DUMB FAGGOT. JUST GO EMULATE IT OR BUY A RASPBERRY PI YOU STUPID FUCKING DUMB FAGGOT.

Those were the best times. And you can be sure she did.

I don't know how this thing manages to be so good at pissing people off (on multiple boards, even), but I'm highly amused that it does.

> because why not.
>I have a Nes and a a few games on it. basically each game costs 2 bucks, Megaman 2 alone costs a lot if physical. (I know cause I've tried making my own Nes collection
> Nostalgia (I grew up playing Atari and Nintendo and I'd rather spend 60 bucks on a machine with tried and true good games than spend it on the next AAA title which will be incomplete and require DLC, be buggy etc.
>It's Nintendo so in the long run it will most likely increase in price.

Japan gets 2 Kunio Kun games, including River City Ransom. I'm a little jealous, but they also don't get Bubble Bobble.

oh man that bubble bobble theme, to this day I still hum it often

Shitposting aside, what are the 30 games?

Lots of miserable tools that figure out a way to be upset about anything.

You call that shit cringe?
Let me show what real cringe is.
youtube.com/watch?v=GA2tpPl-9GQ

>She spent her teens playing the NES
Shit, dude. How young are you? How young is she? Is she single?

A bunch of meme games.

No. It's a Nintendo endoresed knockoff.

Pathetic really.

youtube.com/watch?v=KOuVKxzW4Do

So you know what the internals are?

Who are you quoting?
>Can't figure out how to install an emulator
>Can't green text for shit

I could buy a Bootleg Console from Chinatown that's cheaper AND has more games.
Shit, Nintendo, get it together.

DON'T SUPPORT THIS COMPANY, INSTEAD SUPPORT THIS OTHER COMPANY.

End your existence you underaged subhuman.

Balloon Fight
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Double Dragon II: The Revenge
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
Final Fantasy
Galaga
Ghosts'N Goblins
Gradius
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Mario Bros.
Mega Man 2
Metroid
Ninja Gaiden
Pac-Man
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics
Super C
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Tecmo Bowl
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

>Bootleg Console from Chinatown
Those things play god damned horribly dude. You and I both know that.

Balloon Fight
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
Final Fantasy
Galaga
Ghosts 'n Goblins
Gradius
Ice Climbers
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Mega Man 2
Metroid
Mario Bros.
Ninja Gaiden
Pac-Man
Star Tropics
Super C
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Tecmo Bowl
The Legend of Zelda

And the Mini Famicom gets:

Donkey Kong
Mario Bros.
Pac-Man
Excitebike
Balloon Fight
Ice Climber
Galaga
Yie Ar Kung-Fu*
Super Mario Bros.
The Legend of Zelda
Atlantis no Nazo*
Gradius
Ghosts ‘n Goblins
Solomon’s Key*
Metroid
Castlevania
Zelda II: Adventure of Link
Tsuppari Oozumou*
Super Mario Bros. 3
Ninja Gaiden
Mega Man 2
River City Ransom*
Double Dragon II
Super Contra
Final Fantasy III*
Dr. Mario
Downtown Nekketsu March: Let’s Go to the Great Athletic Meet*
NES Open Tournament Golf*
Super Mario USA (aka Super Mario Bros. 2)
Kirby’s Adventure

Fight me then, bitch.

Magical ponies and rainbows, it's clearly not a Rpi knockoff. No sir.

got emulators up the wazoo, except phone cause fuck gaming on the phone.

I already explained user in my post. even with emulators being a thing, this is way better than basically any AAA game released in the last few years.

1985 was 31 years ago, user

Nintendo should just release a cartridge with a bunch of games. Like I said you can find the NEW everywhere for cheap.

So you don't know what the internals are, so how can you claim it to be a rip off?

You're taking this really hard, user. Does it upset you this much that people think this device is a bad deal? That's kinda pathetic.

This is a good move for nintendo.

It's a good value as you can play an OEM product without having to shell out hundreds of dollars on original and antiquated equipment.

This is meeting the average consumer and at a reasonable dollar point that resellers have to compete with.

Can you suffer the loss of bonafide hardware for a little modernity and get essentially the same experience? At the savings of potentially hundreds of dollars for the software alone, you bet your tits consumers will eat these up.

It's both hilarious and brilliant.

Tell me your address, fucker. Ill fuck you up

No one has an NES, so why would they?

I come here for video game news I've missed, but I guess I'll actually chime in.

I'm buying it. I am aware of roms and emulators, and have used them in the past.

It's not the same thing to me. There's something to be said about plugging the thing in, and just playing a game.

I'm 33. This reminds me of my childhood, and games today fucking blow. Sorry guys, your generation has *the* best technology and graphics, and absolutely terrible games. Flop after gimmicky flop. I grew up playing NES, in to Super Nintendo, N64 and PS2. Fantastic days to be playing games. I played Diablo when it first came out with my friends in school. Fucking awesome days.

I'm the target audience for this. Others like me have no issue with the pricetag. In fact, it's a steal. They want 60 bucks for one of these terrible fucking games on PS4, so why not?

Unwind with some original Mario? Count me in.

I am sure this will be an unwelcome opinion, but, whatever. You asked. It's for guys that think like me from my generation. You're welcome to enjoy it too, just don't be confused why it doesn't appeal to you. It wasn't designed to.

So, why weren't you on this crusade about all the other plug and play consoles that came before this one?

Star Tropics is the weirdest choice here, I would say. Definitely the black sheep of their first party library.

Also the arcade ports are stupid, but I get why they are there.

nostalgic idiot!

Managed to slip in there that you had a girlfriend despite it having nothing to do with anything

Fuck off retard, it's so painfully easy to emulate

it's not most people user, it's just some shitposters on Cred Forums.

out on the real world, like real life friends, the internet that is not Cred Forums, social networks, people love the idea.

but hey, no one is stopping you from shitposting so continue.

>Everybody saying a rasp pi 3 B with case and cords is cheaper than a mini nes
>Every build ive looked at is over 100
You people are retarded.

Yes they do it's like a badge of being an oldschool gamer to have an old NES. I repaired one and gave one to a friend. They are built like tanks and easy to get. I wouldn't want a cheap imitation.

The NES is a clunky, malfunctioning hunk of junk. Remember how it doesn't turn on half the time and flashes purple after any amount of use? The pins bend like crazy.

> first day on Cred Forums

Should have guessed

You do realize that this thing emulates the games too?
What crusade? Am I not allowed to call a shit deal a shit deal? What the fuck is your damage? The thing is priced double what its worth.
You should work on your reading comprehension.

>Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Why not dracula's curse? Or metal gear? Or mario 2 usa; What a shit list

Ptff... look at this sheep idiot... doesn't know going to throw away his money like the sheep he is.

I know. It's magic and unicorns, powered by fanboysm. I bet near you that shit will overclock.

Yes. A lot of the more casual people at my work are gonna get one since none of them into emulation or want to deal with actually getting a NES that isn't broken and then games for it.
I'll probably get one because it's a nice little novelty and ha ha disposable income.

Hey, you learned not to caps lock your shitposting, way to go.

same, all my friends who are now 30+ grew up playing NES are excited and lining up to buy one, same with me. basically I said, well I wont buy Gears 4, instead I'll buy this.

>it's like a badge of being an oldschool gamer to have an old NES.
And this is the crowd Nintendo can sell products to? Getting everyone else up to speed on the classics is going to net them more money.

>I know. It's magic and unicorns, powered by fanboysm.
You're still aren't making an argument. The only way you'd know whether are not it's a RPi knockoff is if you knew the internals of the thing, so, what are the internals?

NOT USING CAPS WAS MY CHOICE AND I WILL USE THEM AT MY LEASURE!

that's the only thing that goes wrong with it and you can buy a brand new piece for like 10 bucks

>no fucking Tetris
ONE FUCKING JOB
INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

Super Mario Bros 2 is Super Mario USA
NES Metal Gear is Trash and everyone knows it
Dracula's Curse is probably to similar to Castlevania 1

The company that runs the distribution of Tetris makes sure that all old version of it, minus the GB version I think, doesn't get resold, so you're forced to buy the new ones.

Enjoy it, man. These younger guys don't understand the excitement we have, and that's okay.

We'll enjoy it.

Nintendo doesn't make any money off the resale market. Why would they try to market for a console they don't sell anymore?

Wait for the Gameboy that will come packed with 30 games.

Also you can literally google the word Tetris and play it.

I feel sad for the japs. If their controllers brake they will need to buy a whole new console.

Are you a fucking jew? Its only 60 dollars. I'll have to spend that tonight at some stupid birthday dinner that will be over in 2 hrs. Get over it.

It's 60 dollars. I spend twice that going out to dinner.

It's not exactly a critical transaction, and, it's our 60 bucks to spend. We don't need your approval.

I don't understand. It's 30 games for $2 each on a single "console."

Sure, I'll never play most of them, but they'll keep my nephews occupied when they're over to visit.

>I spend twice that going out to dinner.
With your wife or by yourself?

Any news of when its coming out?

I think Castlevania III is just too late in the cycle to have nostalgia appeal. It was all about 16 bits by then.

Final Fantasy is an exception to that, for obvious reasons.

If you're going to pay for roms you may as well do it properly. Plus 60hz is a pretty big thing for PAL regions who got the butchered versions back in the day.

>Classic Edition NES contains scanned original manuals for every game
That's pretty nice...
>That to view you have to scan a QR code and look at on your phone

I think it comes out in November 11.

Also, did they increase the cooldown timer

Probably at some point. Will be nice to play through NES games I missed out on in a comfy console-likje experience with a proper controller.

>emulate for free
Are you playing games in your head?

November 11th in NA

Wife. My point is it's chump change.

Does it have castlevania 3?

Does it have emulator lag or is it the real thing?

what do you expect it's 10/1 of course newfags will flock today

Then why are you so desperate to defend it? If you want to buy it, then just do it. Do you really take it as an personal insult when people tell you that you can have the same thing for less money and more options? How does that make any sense?

Why does this exist when I could just buy an authentic nes off of Craigslist

>back in the day and on virtual console
ftfy

It outputs to HDMI, of course it has lag.

I don't see him being desperate to defend anything, he was just explaining why he's buying one.

You're misunderstanding. Not a single fuck was given this day. I'm buying it. OP asked what our motivation was, and I offered an explanation. I wasn't justifying or defending anything, just explaining.

I could give two shits less what others do with their money, or their opinion of how I use my own.

Castlevania 2, not 3.

So 's mom, at the very least, was 23 when was born if is of age (18) for Cred Forums.

Damn.

BUT WHY

It's a classic.

The thread was asking why people are buying this. Stop trying to make this about you dipshit.

Castlevania 2 was a mistake and it wasn't a classic.

So they can sell a NES CLASSIC 2 in all likelihood.

Balloon Fight
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
Final Fantasy
Galaga
Ghosts'N Goblins
Gradius
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Mario Bros.
Mega Man 2
Metroid
Ninja Gaiden
Pac-Man
StarTropics
Super C
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Tecmo Bowl
The Legend of Zelda

It was made a "classic" by agvn.

Why is Cred Forums so autistic?

I bet it will be shaped like the top loader NES

All I know is it better have a few more Megamans that time around.

>Actually getting baited by that shitshow.

>It's 60 dollars. I spend twice that going out to dinner.

Wew lad, what did you eat?

Would anyone buy a SNES or N64 one of these if they eventually make them?
30 GC games upscaled to HD would be great too

I'd buy an SNES one for sure.

A good restaurant between two people should run around that. Treat yourself, user. Step your game up to a nicer establishment.

Fun fact

If you legally purchase all those 30 NES games from the E-shop, you are paying 150$

At least you get a controller and 30 games for 60$

Still, this thing is stupid and redundant when you consider that emulation exists.

But whatever, you know what they say: A fool and his money..

This

>$60 is too much money! that's SIX WHOLE HOURS of work at minimum wage when most people work at least 40 per week! the same cost as one night out on the town! even though you can derive over 100 hours of pleasure from this device, it's such a scam
>companies don't deserve money for supplying a system, 30 games, enhancements, HDMI support, and a controller that, combined, cost less than one modern game!
>you shouldn't pay $60 for a collectible! nevermind that limited edition games have huge price tags and often have minimal value!
>you should just make your own NES mini with a 3D printer and a raspberry pi, even though it's more expensive and it defeats the purpose of buying this device in the first place!
>hurr, you shouldn't pay $60 for something you can just steal illegally! even though you still have to pay money for things to get the same experience as the NES mini and it will never be as portable or practical for the price!

Do you people listen to yourselves before you start spewing diarrhea from your vomit hole?

It would be cool if they included games that never came to the west like FF3 and tower of druaga

I am sure that is coming soon. Why not? It's an easy sell. Easy money. The success of the NES classic will almost guarantee an encore with an SNES classic.

They are gonna make more than this.

>$60 is a lot
Has Cred Forums always been governed by poorfags?

>nes roms
>complicated
Coolrom has a list of legit emulators. For any system that isn't disc based its as easy as downloading the emulator, downloading the game rom, and then starting it up. Takes less than 5 minutes, any retard who can post on this site is capable of doing this.

It's cashing in on nostalgia not people who want to play og Final Fantasy 3.

They should also do a Gameboy Classic, keeps the green screen effect but now has a backlight and can connect wirelessly to other Gameboy classics

Would be nice. We missed out on some prime NES games.

Sad but true. Still, they could ice the cake with a game like that.

When you are from the third world and not from a first world country, yeah, 60$ is actually kinda a lot.

>that wired controller that's attached to a 2 foot cable

Are you stupid?

For fucks sake it's as easy as downloading the emu and the game rom and you're done. Takes more effort to do the capatcha

>no legendary wings
Fucking dropped

I want to play an N61....

Why the fuck should I care about the third world countries?

Honestly, I'd be more hyped for a N64 and GC (the latter being super unlikely) than SNES. I've played most good SNES games to death at this point and the other two systems have a lot of hidden gems that they'd be forced to include given the sparsity of releases on them.

NES emulation is fucking perfect familia

Hell, even fucking PSP and Phones are god tier emulatin NES games.

Because I want my cousin's kids, my niece, and my kid to play Nintendo like I did while they're still able to like video games. My cousin's kids literally only have the option of Madden or Poptropica for video games; they deserve some variety.

I'm buying the fuck out of this. My only trepidation is the lack of longer cables!!!FACT!!!

Nintendo puts out a really cool piece of hardware aimed at collectors, casuals, and super fans with an excellent set of 30 games at a reasonable price.

The oddly passionate response from people who aren't going to buy this:

>WTF!!! ONLY 30 GAMEZ?!??! AND YOU CAN'T LOAD NEWS ONEZ!?!?
>PSHHHH NICE TRY BUT I CAN EMULATE ALL NES GAMES ON MY PC LORD BILL GATES PC AND PLAY THEM WHILE HUNCHED OVER MY MONITOR!
>R U KIDDING!? JUST BUY A FUCKING RASPBERRY PI RETARDS!?

Meanwhile some 35 year old dude doing some christmas shopping for little Jimmy at home and Deborah, who is working on their second kid will see this in the grocery store and think,

"Dope! NES. 30 games? Cool it's got mario and zelda and megaman 2! I'd love to go back and play those. I bet Jimmy would like them too."

And then he buys it and goes on with his life.

It's 3 feet. You shouldn't have to lie to make it seem bad. 3 is still short.

You shouldn't

But don't pretend that everyone browsing Cred Forums is a privileged white fuccboi from a first world country.

not gonna lie in my home we are buying 3 this christmas. The pro emulator people ITT ignore the fact that playing on PC there is always the temptation to cheat. If this mini console is closed system then it means that I'll have to beat Ninja Gaiden on my own

>NES
DISAVOW
THE NES IS SHIT

SUPER NINTENDO WHEN????????????

Fucking underage.

>at a reasonable price.

I don't know, 30-40$ is actually a more reasonable price than 60$

>emulate for free*
*purchase of a computer required

I'm 35 years old you fucking idiot

>don't pretend that everyone browsing Cred Forums is a privileged white fuccboi from a first world country.

Okay even so though, haven't you pretty much come to grips with the fact that you're poor and that mass media is made for consumption by first worlders with disposable incomes?

>Handsome young brown boys...

Thanks for tip famboni

>DISAVOW

Nice opinion, gaylord. It's worth what people will pay for it, and it's going to sell out at 60.

Your tastes haven't matured.

Paid internet is also required

youtube.com/watch?v=kO5ng3fWivI

What nes masterpeice am I supposed to like, Mario 3?

Hey, we have lots of Brazilians in this board

>It's worth what stupid people will pay for it

Fix'd

30 games on virtual console would run $150.

An actual NES is about the same price with zero games.

Sure emulating on a PC is cheaper, but trying to compete on price with "free" is no good.

ThIs thing isn't for anyone on Cred Forums or most gamers anyway.

It's for people who played Mario back in the 80s and then moved the fuck on with thier lives. This may come as a complete shock to people here, but not everyone knows that retro gaming shops are a think or that emulation is even a thing. There are indeed people who can emulate but don't because they just don't care.

This isn't for you. It never was.

Did you purposely select the game superior to Super Mario World? Was that the joke?

It's fair considering Nintendo made a new emulator for this device. Also the machine itself is made in Germany and not some Chinese sweat shop.

This, you can get a pi board for like 5 burgers or less

Mario 3 was only made to sell tickets to the wizard movie and it's inferior to world. Hipsters only think 3 is better because it's harder (less accessible) than world

>It's worth what stupid people will pay for it.

Yes that is consumerism works.

The movie was made to sell Mario 3 you mongoloid.

This.

I'm a huge fan of video games (go figure) and even I might buy one.

Yes I know what a raspberry pi is. If it took me even 90 minutes to get a retropi up and going though, that is already more than $60 worth of my time and effort spent.

This thing works out of the box.

This.

Better powerups, better mechanics (what does spinjump really add worthwhile to the formula?), better challenge...
Oh, but no mode 7, so I guess that makes it obviously inferior.

>NES emulation
>perfect

yet another moron who takes modern emulation for granted and doesn't know shit about how it actually works

current NES emulation ranges from acceptable to near-perfect, but not actually perfect. not even the most accurate PC emulators on the most powerful machines have 100% perfect NES emulation

Mesen is currently the most accurate emulator, and even then it only passes 99% of the accuracy tests. the ones you find on mobile phones and handhelds are utter garbage when it comes to accuracy, far from perfect. but you don't even know what NES games are supposed to look and play like, so you would probably peg even ancient emulators like Nesticle as perfect, even though Nesticle is one of the least accurate NES emulators out there

everything's a meme now.

this post is a meme.

When does mario world even use mode 7? That was f-zero shit. Are you talking about the boo ghosts getting really big or something, or the bosses spinning around after you kill them, that was just a gimmick and was like 0.1% of the actual game play

Are people seriously trying to pit Super Mario 3 vs Super Mario World?

They're both incredible. You don't need to denigrate one to praise the other.

>Just because the console has an internal resolution at 8:7 doesn't make that the "true" aspect ratio.
yes, it does exactly that

Stop shilling and defending Nintendo

I just beat Zelda II using my PSP, didn't have any kind of problems

But well, whatever makes you happy.

Stop shilling Sony.

>60 dollars for 30 great games
I don't see the problem.

Why does everyone opposed to the NES Mini say you should emulate, as if that somehow encapsulates everything the device is trying to be? If you want to have the same experience as what it offers, you'll need:

>an NES-like controller
>a device with HDMI support that can emulate NES flawlessly
>a device that is small and portable so it can be shoved in a purse or backpack easily
>something with a casual-friendly UI
>something that requires zero effort and zero time investment to build and get running
>something that has value as an official collectible

All materials cannot cost more than $60.

Sprite rotation is used all over Mario World. Especially noticeable during the clowncar fight.

It's leftover wii PCBs with HDMI added to them.

It seems less to be with saying "hey anons, here is some helpful advice, you can also emulate these games easy"
And more to do with "fuckin let me tell you shit i know about that you dont, let me tell you faggot, your dumb. YOU NEED TO KNOW. i COULD DO THIS FOR YOU SO EASY, FUCK, I COULD BUILD YOU A NES FROM SCRATCH IF I WANTED. WE JUST NEED A 3D PRINTER OBVIOUSLY.

I didn't say shit about Nintendo; their emulation is also imperfect. I'm only calling out morons who claim emulation for any given console is "perfect", because it's not at all to that level yet

people who don't know any better just assume modern emulation for everything is 100% flawless perfect just because they can play through a game without perceptible flaws. people think FCEUX is the end-all be-all solution to NES emulation when in reality it's fucking garbage. so when NES emulation still hasn't been perfected, I can only laugh when I see people claim more complex consoles like SNES or even N64 emulation is "perfect"

Because this exists and it's cheaper, and i can play every NES game:

youtu.be/3dgnD93pwX0

Just stop

>you are able to play a NES game

ftfy

Why? What's wrong with 30 great games for $2 each?

You realize that was an extremely sarcastic post, right?

no

>Because this exists and it's cheaper, and i can play every NES game:

Sold. Where can I buy this?

LMAO IM SUCH A NERD XDD

LOOK AT ME PLAYING THIS EPIC RETRO GAMES!

Well it was.

So you're the one that buys those 600 games I'm 1 emulators at the mall kiosks?

My blood alcohol level is too high, but yes, now I see your point and I'm a dumbass

>59 brepples

I personally don't buy them but I don't see the problem with buying 30 fantastic official Nintendo games for $2 each. What's so offensive about the concept?

Who doesn't own a computer?

>just because they can play through a game without perceptible flaws
Well, if the game experience is the same and there are no flaws, it is flawless for all intents and purposes. Dont really care if the code is a bit wonky. It is a fucking 8bit game, my microwave could run that shit

Take a look everyone, this was a joke made by a man in his 20's/30's

You can't, the user's a moron. The Pi itself is cheap, but it costs a bundle to get all that plastic shit 3D printed and painted (and is extremely DIY).

are you getting paid for this?

>You can't, the user's a moron.

Exactly.

Thanks =D

take a look everyone, this manchild plays nintendo games in his 20s/30s

What store sells these pre-made and ready to go? I'll buy.

>an NES-like controller
or you know, any controller you want because USB
>a device with HDMI support that can emulate NES flawlessly
1) raspberry pi
2) the nintendo mini won't emulate perfectly either
>a device that is small and portable so it can be shoved in a purse or backpack easily
see 1) above
>>something with a casual-friendly UI
retropie
>something that requires zero effort and zero time investment to build and get running
retropie
>something that has value as an official collectible
you will be able to buy it for half the price 6 months after its release.

my nig that's a solid selection.

It has save states so you can still cheat

Why won't you answer the question?

You okay user you need to talk?

Surely you can't be this upset at the idea of someone playing video games they enjoy?

If nintendo released this for free would you buy it?

>posts on Cred Forums
>thinks playing games is somehow ridiculous

This isn't made for vidya people to buy, this is for friends and wives and shit to buy for their significant others who're into videogames

So, the only argument you have is that you're lazy and would rather pay double the prize, rather than make something on your own that will vastly outclass the official thing.

I bet you buy alienware too and only eat fast food.

Nice meme fag.

Not the same user. Don't assume you're talking to the same person over n over. A lot of people find this product stupid.

>30 great games

It doesn't really matter which user you are. The question was in the post that you replied to and you ignored it. Either answer it or stop replying.

No you are right, those are fantastic official Nintendo games just like you said! I will give them all my money and tell them it was because of their great advertisement on Cred Forums

>i eat shit
>what u dont enjoy shit? kill urself

>and would rather pay double the prize
Some people put a cash value on their time

>there are no flaws

but there are flaws. you can't just take the opposite of what I actually said and base your counter-argument on it

the point here is that plebeians who don't know what these games are actually supposed to look and play like take modern, flawed emulation for granted and it replaces their memories (or lack thereof) of the original authentic games

of course plenty of emulators are "good enough" for most people. I'm not saying at all that your shitty awful mobile phone emulator can't be enjoyable or isn't a viable solution for casual play. I'm just pointing out that perfect NES emulation hasn't yet been achieved and people who claim it has are dumb

My gf thought this product was stupid. So who the hell is this made for?

>So, the only argument you have is that you're lazy and would rather pay double the prize,

Yes. Absolutely. My time is valuable to me. I pay people to do lots of things that I don't want to commit time to doing myself.

I make $20 an hour after taxes. If making one takes more than three hours (and that's assuming everything is free, which it isn't) then it literally isn't worth my time.

>Those games aren't great
How young are you?

>Dodging the question again and just screeching SHILL SHILL SHILL
Fuck me, when did tumblr get here?

Wow! People exchange money for services?!

There are countless other arguments, namely the cost. Show me a breakdown that proves everything in that video costs less to build than an NES Mini and I'll start taking you seriously.

Your hand can't have an opinion user.

Oh stop it fag.

There's no such thing as perfection, the funny thing is that VIrtual Console emulation is fucking shit.

Try playing Zelda Ocarina of Time or DK64.

Lol did you not read? I wasn't the one arguing with you. There's probably like 2 other people talking to you.

He answered your question in the post you quoted. Are you okay?

>My gf thought this product was stupid. So who the hell is this made for?
People who actually exist

Why are you so angry?

This is a product aimed at nostalgia buffs and families. Why do you care so much if people get one? Why are you so upset?

50 quid in bongland, less than 2 pounds per game. Seems a good deal to me desu.

60 shekels? That's like $16!

I went to Israel recently for work

Desu is basically Japanese for "to be" or "is". It's also just a modifier used to show politeness

that's literally what I'm saying

Can you not read? You replied to a post with a question in it. Answer it or stop posting.

>Simon's Quest
>great
Buddy I played through that game entirely and I can assure you it's not great in the slightest.

this is epic!!!!!

im going to tell all my friends on facebook about this!!!!! epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

retro games are so epic!!!!!!!!!!!! epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im gonna take a picture of me playing some epic games from 50 years ago, such a geek lol!

No, you said it yourself.
>just because they can play through a game without perceptible flaws

There are very good emulators. My point was, it doesnt matter how perfect they really are, when they feel perfect.

Okay, 29 great games then. Better?

If seeing other people's happiness offends you, then get off Facebook IMO.

This what's gonna happen when normies get this thing:

>Oh look i got a NES Mini, we Retro now xDDD

>Play 20 minutes

>Oh boy, this game fucking sucks

Proceed to play Xbox One.

nice dude, I liked your comment!

Wow, a meaning to the term Cred Forumsirgin. She's more into games than me hence why I even mentioned her. The product is a niche project. Can't wait to see sales figures.

>muh feels

I'm buying it for my braindead parents who would not know how to setup/use and emulator in the first place.
The best part is that their birthday is in the same month so I can just say that I got it for both of them

Whens the last time someone said they cared about you?

Time is money user, if you prefer we could mine the elemental materials required to create computers and just make our own.

If i left you alone in the woods with no cloths and only a hacksaw, how long until you can send me an email?

And dont just say i have the resources to emulate or build a mini nes, because your right i do have resources. I have 60 notes. CAN'T SOMEONE ELSE DO IT?

>shill
>tumblr

are you lost?
I am also not judging your question, you are just too stupid to understand my sarcasm

Not my cup of tea, but a Super Nintendo or N64 version would be cooler.

Supposedly they are developing a new emulator for this, hopefully it doesn't have the same issues that the WiiU VC emulator has.

Kind of silly that this doesn't have an integrated way to buy more NES games. Seems like it would be trivial to make it into a VC box.

But maybe that's too complicated for their target audience.

I liked your comment!

>She's more into games than me
So you're actually retarded and didnt read my post?
>This isn't made for vidya people to buy

yeah, but here it means "to be honest"

This.

I understood the sarcasm, numbnuts. That's why I pointed out that it was you still screeching SHILL SHILL SHILL (albeit with more subtlety) instead of answering the question, because you don't actually have an argument.

Done embarrassing yourself yet?

>Mega Man 2
gettin real sick of this

You know how Nintendo is. No one understands a God dam thing they do. It's like they purposely untie their shoes in order to trip.

Jesus, people are really buttblasted over this thing. Why can't we all just play the games however we want to play them and be happy together?

the atari one was actually a remade chip this is just cheap chinese emulation crap. guess nintendo throws their seal on anything now.

are you retarded?
make a point or fuck off back to Cred Forums

Because we can't let the fags win.

Nobody is buttblasted

Idiots will get this because well, they're idiots

Smart people won't care and move on.

No one talks like this user. Those "normies" are just as grounded as you are/are not.

test

>normies ruining video games: the post

obligatory ree

So true. I guess it also depends on the marketing as well.

holy shit im such a freaking nerd for playing retro games xD!

hella epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You act like 60$ is a lot of money

>Nobody is buttblasted
>FUCKING IDIOTS WILL BUY THIS SHIT I FUCKING HATE THEM REEEEEEEEEEE

I wasnt screeching SHILL
nice strawman, tho

If you understood my sarcasm, you should know that some people dont share your enthusiasm about those games

Done embarrassing yourself yet?

This guy Is butt blasted.

/thread

Never.
Name 30 games that norms remember on the SNES that Nintendo wouldn't have to shell out mega licensing bucks to put on a $60 plug n play.

Not him but the good nes games aren't first party. The exceptions on the list are Zelda, Metroid and SMB (1 and 3). Also bad arcade port (Gradius), Castlevania 2 and borefest, the game (Final fantasy) don't help either.

Just
So
Epic

>Nobody is buttblasted
>entire thread dedicated to the buttblastedness

chrono trigger
super metroid
ff 6
mario world
link to the past
secret of mana
donkey kong country
mario kart
earthbound
martio rpg
castlevania 4
contra 3
actraiser
megaman x

it's too easy to name good snes games
even just 20 would be enough

I don't understand how that's a pepe moment for you

That's not what strawman means.

Your sarcasm accused me of being a shill. You outright used the word "advertisement".

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery and the surest way to concede an argument.

Clearly you're not done embarrassing yourself.

You really think most of the games on that list are bad? Seriously?

This thing looks really cool because the whole concept was made in someone's free time, it wasn't meant to be cheap or easy to do.

After being away from my computer 1 month because of my job I really missed being able to play something, and one of these things would be amazing for situations like that

People say you are a shill, because you act like one

> I don't see the problem with buying 30 fantastic official Nintendo games

Sounds likie straight from an advertisement. You should make an argument yourself before blaming people for not adressing it

How would you people suggest Nintendo sell NES games, then? This little machine has thirty of them for $2 a pop, even less if you factor in the fact that you're getting actual physical hardware and controllers. How much lower do the prices have to go before you're happy? Do they have to be on Steam for 1 cent each?

And no, the whole "I can steal them for free" argument doesn't work, because it's STEALING. You can't claim a product is pointless just because you can steal it.

I hope it worked anonymous.

As if you don't have a phone. Pls user.

As a parent, I can tell you that, in a world where most games are AT LEAST $60, 30 games and the thing to play them on, not to mention games that I can wow my kids on with sheer memory is fucking amazing. I got burnt on Destiny and No mans's Sky. I know for a fact that most of those 30 NES games are quality.

i want the famicom

NEETs wants everything for free man, if it costs money it's literally the jews

Might as well make them for the wiiU.... OH WAIT that piece of shit sold terribly.

>That's not what strawman means
It was. I wasnt saying SHILL anywhere, yet you say I did.

To repeat myself since you didnt get my point:
If you understood my sarcasm, you should know that some people dont share your enthusiasm about those games

Nail on the head right here. I think we've just solved this mystery.

WHY DOESN'T IT HAVE

-SOLAR JET MAN
-MILON'S SECRET CASTLE
-ADVENTURES OF LOLO
-RYGAR

THIS PRODUCT IS ~~~~~~SHIT~~~~~~~

AND THEY SHOULD ADD DEADLY TOWERS JUST TO TROLL

And thus, Cred Forums proves that the concept of "the free market is always right" is fucking retarded.

this is so cool!

Retro games are awesome, even though I have never played them before and likely never will. I will blog about this so I look cool.

Don't forget to vote for Hillary!
#ImWithHer
#ImSuchANerdLol

It doesn't matter how many times you repeat "I wasn't calling you a shill", it won't make it true. You forfeited this argument the second you made a sarcastic remark about advetising on Cred Forums. You can leave now.

My phone has a 5.5" screen, after a while it gets cumbersome. I tried playing Super Metroid on my 3ds XL but the button layout is just too small

I think it has to do with the pricing and game selection. I've seen plug and play consoles for $20-25 with twice the amount of games.

Nintendo is just awful about ripping off people for low quality remakes.

>no man's sky

OK old man

was meant for

Have you considered a career as a rodeo clown?

It's aimed at casuals and people who played Mario.

So buy a cheap hdmi cable for your phone and connect it to the TV.... But whatever we're just beating around the bush now.

Well, yeah user basically. That was 30 years ago.

ITT: Poor people.

mario is epic. just epic

its my favorite game of all time, i've never actually played it but its just the best

I called you one but it was sarcasm you retard.

Do you actually have a point to make? Why is this a good deal? Please adress this

I'M 35 YEARS OLD AND I STILL REMEMBER THE WEEKEND I RENTED DEADLY TOWERS, IT WAS THE WORST WEEKEND I'VE EVER HAD

Do you disagree user?

That's what they are. There's 30 of them. They're official Nintendo games (as opposed to the world famous PING and SUPER MARCHO BROZ you get on the dodgy ones you find in mall kiosks). And they're fantastic.

I don't understand why so many of you have bought so heavily into this "Cred Forums hates video games" meme. To the point where you accuse anyone else that likes them of being a shill. It's mind-boggling.

Yes I'm going to buy 2 just to see what's under the hood.
>60 fucking shekels
what is the conversion rate from dollar to shekel anyway?

its just using things that you already have, making cool stuff from unused scraps that are present in your house is considered no investment, and also to play that hipster trash you need a tv,
whole nes romset is only like 300mb

CAN'T YOU JUST WAIT FOR SOME IDIOT TO BUY IT AND POST ABOUT WHAT'S UNDER THE HOOD ON THEIR BLOG

That's because the genesis comes with more games, is $20 cheaper, and it takes most old game cartridges/controllers

>Why is this a good deal?
30 great games for $2 each. I thought we'd been over this? Your memory doesn't seem very good. Explains why you think you didn't ACCHHHTUALLY call me a shill, at least.

I own all of these games along with a working NES. Why don't you fucks?

Are you posting on Cred Forums on your head?

>That's what they are.
thats bait or just your opinion
have fun I guess

>ADVENTURES OF LOLO
I fucking wish.

That normies remember.
No normie is going to remember FF6, Chrono Trigger, or Secret of Mana. Even Actraiser and Mario RPG are pushing it. Not to mention that Squeenix would charge a shitton for thier best games to show up on something they won't make money on.

I do but its not for us is it then?

Yea I emulated the whole nes library and uses a BT controller to play with on my phone. I want to work on a dedicated emulation box pc. Using original controllers and stuff. Make it as small as possible and just have it there.

>CAN'T YOU JUST WAIT FOR SOME IDIOT TO BUY IT AND POST ABOUT WHAT'S UNDER THE HOOD ON THEIR BLOG
I'm sorry user but I am that idiot.

i'll honestly get it just for super mario bros 3 with the classic controller and look. i played that game when i was a year old, my dad taught me how to jump over the first goomba.

More like
ITT: Gatekeepers, Emulation Boys, and People Who Don't Know How Awful the Collected Market Is.

But anyone who actually wanted to play these games could have bought a NES and most of these games over the last several years for less money.

Lol ok, well thanks you're providing a service, btw check out this guy's youtube if you haven't seen it youtube.com/user/electronupdate

>that's bait
>or just your opinion
This couldn't be more perfect of a post, for all of the wrong reasons. Re-read your post and realise what you just said. Please.

I'm going to buy this, and play it once.

I'll have so much nerd cred!

A woman will stop by because of my manly charm and she will get wet when she sees my NES!

She'll be like, "For the win, dude!"

my old pc is getting really old its core 2 duo and i have been selected in a prestigious university and planning to get a new laptop, and thinking of turning my old pc into emulator box, retro arch is fucking amazing but in almost all setups people use retroarch with emulationsstation, is there a reason for that ??

now its out in one package without scavenging all those games for more money.

No it's not you fucking retard. It's a copula.

Normally I buy Nintendo stuff, but not this. Seems like a waste of money inb4 some snide comment like "all Nintendo stuff is a waste of money

Convenience I would assume? Also, what university?

Yes user but you're missing the point.

This is something created to appeal to people who haven't played a video game or thought about the NES since the 80s. They'll see it in the store and say "wow neat" buy it, play it on Christmas and never use it again.

If you were a physical collector you wouldn't want this. You know why? It's basically an emulator machine. This shit is literally made for people who can't get off nintendo's dick and people with legitimate mental retardation.

>and most of these games over the last several years for less money.
With how fucked the retro games market has been by Pawn stars wannabes in the last few years? Not a chance

I disagree with bringing up something completely irrelevant to the situation at hand, yes. Wii U's abysmal sales have nothing to do with the NES Mini. A popular device that sold well and played NES game existed during the entire Wii era. It's called the Wii, which casuals didn't use to play NES games on.

Its hard to say either way what a developer has intended when it comes to aspect ratio especially when it come to circular shapes

i am from pakistan bro, its not top in the country but still very respected, called mehran university

Almost everyone owns a smartphone that can handle NES emulation.

you have to assemble it yourself, but the guy is making videos that explain clearly the making process, with custom, non-solderable parts made specifically for the job.

he is selling the electronics sret and he put the model files for 3dprinting the case on the material of your choice in shapeways or other 3d printing sites.

Garage sales, user. People sell boxes of old games for literal dollars.

Super Mario world was built by porting Mario 3 to the SNES and changing things until they had a new game. Whether world is better is purely subjective. It was definately a progression and a refinement, but it was also on newer hardware. As for my personal opinion, 3=world>USA>1>2jap since I'm shit at 2jap

I can tell you right fucking now that any combination of 4 of these games was more than $60.

>Pakistan
Bro you're lucky, paki girls a cute AF.

>Pretending Cred Forums doesn't defend nintendo 24/7
>Saying this is a stupid product is somehow the same as saying nintendo is the worst

I forgot dogs can only see black and white. There is no gray area for them.

>You really think most of the games on that list are bad? Seriously?
Not bad but not great as some people are claiming. Kirby's Adventure and DK jr are just boring.
Also games like GnG or Yie ar Kungfu (famicom mini) are better everywhere else.

They use emulationstation because it's easy as fuck to set it up and running

is he our guy?

Pat the NES Punk is simply luckly, user. Most people selling games at garage sales set thier prices $10 less than the eBay average AT MOST.

Yeah because it's always a sure thing that you'll find exactly what you want in someone's yard for a dollar

Most people dont live on 1950s suburbs with garage sales lining the way. Most of the time you have to travel long distances and you'll probably find trash sports games, or any actually good stuff will be priced according to ebay prices

yeah i know but i am kinda chubby and paki girls dont fuck non muslims, when i was in 10 grade there was literally a girl who was interested in me but when she found out that i am a hindu she immediately changed her tone in way that she was telling me that we can't go further than hi hello friends

And that is exactly what Nintendo wants. They want the Wii audience. Those people who bought a $200 console to play one game for a week then never use it again.

I would if it had games I want
>No Legend of Kage
>No Adventure Island
>No Circus Charlie
>No Mappy
>No Pooyan

It's sad that things are this way. I wish there were people who genuinely liked older Nintendo games, and didn't just use them to look "trendy".

That sucks. Back in high school, about 90 percent of the school was middle eastern/Brown. So I guess I developed a thing for them. I'm in NYC though so a lot of them aren't as uptight as the conservative ones. Race meant nothing as a lot of them went out with black and Spanish kids. Anyway good luck with your stuff man.

I see this as a great way to get my younger cousins and nephews to shut the fuck up during family gatherings.

$60 for some peace and quiet for once? Not a bad deal.

>I wish there were people who genuinely liked older Nintendo games
There are, liking fucking Nintendo games doesnt make you special or interesting

YOU SHOULD JUST DISVOW UR FAMILY AND NEVER TALK TO THEM AGAIN, THATS WHAT I DID

>Super C
>no Contra
>Double Dragon II
>no Double Dragon
>LE MEME MAN 2
>Dr. Mario but no Tetris
>no Kunio Kun games in the west

the fuck is the point?

Nobody in this day and age gives a shit about Nintendo.

who is this we shit? I'm not a millenial and this emulation machine is trash to me.

>Are people really going to buy this?
It's out of stock everywhere, so yes.

@353477534
>Thinking megaman 2 is bad

I am genuinely sorry for your shit taste.
Bait not even worthy of a (You)

It might make you interesting, give it a try. That girl you like might even date you.

Then import the Famicom one.

>A Nintendo product is out of stock
>This surely means it sells well

>all this projection

look who's being autistic. I can just buy a Wii and fucking softmod it. On the go? PSP or any modern smartphone will do. Stop fucking this justification of buying bits and bytes wrapped in plastic because MUH NOSTALGIA. It's just as much of a ripoff as the the Atari Flashbacks, Intellivision Rewinds, and MULTIPLE Sega rompacks they did. They all did the same shit as ninty is now so why suddenly the care?

>That girl you like might even date you.
Oh shit, user sure got me, II think i'll have to delete my account after that savage original attack

>60 is a lot for overproced roms

A fool and his money. I collect amiibos and I wouldn't touch this shit.

Dear goyim,

A shekel is worth a bit more than one fourth of a dollar. When converting between shekels and dollars please be more precise.

Best regards,
Moishe "Goyfucker" Goldberg

Fuck off Schlomo

>WANTING to play Final Fantasy III (not 6)

the NES Final Fantasy games were trash and aged horribly. Even Dragon Warrior aged better.

Moishe "Goyfucker" Goldberg*

>That's because the genesis comes with more games, is $20 cheaper, and it takes most old game cartridges/controllers
The Genesis plug and play console is fucking terrible dude.

sauce

>hardware aimed at collectors

you know most collectors are mega autistic about emulation right? It's like trying to sell a vinyl record collector a miniuature player that doesn't take records and only plays the most well known stuff.

It's already confirmed you can savescum.

>and it takes most old game
It actually does, many games, especially the most popular games, don't work.

>Even Dragon Warrior aged better

Recently played the first one and it certainly didn't age better. It was probably the most boring RPG I've ever played in my life. FF1 and FF3 were definitely better games. They had their flaws but holy shit, nothing comes close to DQ1.

>retro games market

Completely and absolutely ridiculous and fucked. Anyone buying shit now isn't helping the problem.

Worked at a vidya shop mid-late 2000s but got out of collecting. Upon looking up prices this year I wanted to fucking vomit at what some people were getting away with.

>get Sunset Riders cart only maybe at $15-20 back at that old job
>tell friend how fun it is recently, can't find it locally
>going for motherfucking $70-90 online, $60 if you're lucky
>look up EB just for shits
>$140-200 cart fucking only

Started looking at those everdrives or whatever due to these absurd prices. Fuck these people.

first of all where the fuck do you live? second off blame the smartphones and reseller culture for jacking up prices. It's seemingly impossible to get decent deals on retro now solely because some asshats showed off how expensive a Nintendo World Championship cart can be and now everyone thinks they got a goddamn fortune when all they got is a mario duck hunt and some janky titles with a system that madoka only knows works and they still prattle 100 FIRM I KNOW WHAT I GOT!

slow and steady (price increase) my friend :)

>people Who Don't Know How Awful the Collected Market Is.

I just bought boxed pokemon game boys titles for 50 burgetcents each from a moving couple last week including Crystal. No I don't live in Canada I'm in the northeast us which is supposedly reseller central but i still find deals constantly. Beat the reseller shitters at their own game.

Be nice.
Be thorough.
Beware.

More like a slow and steady buttfucking. I can't get over how crazy pricing is.

I can understand price hikes on stuff like Panzer Dragoon Saga since it had a very limited USA release and was tough to find CIB in good shape. Certain games, cart-only, shouldn't be priced the way they are. Resellers, hipsters and nostalgic adults have fucked everything up.

>the goy that literally drove up reseller prices because of his hidden gem videos

fuck no

if you're browsing Cred Forums you can emulate NES

>pre-ordered it today
fucking kill yourself, literally, you are disgusting normie. go back to fucking reddit

>gamecube collecting
>worked at gamestop in the late 2000s when they were phasing out GC
>used discounts to get a game every check or so that was about 30 dollars
>Cubivore, Gotcha Force, Fire Emblem, Phantasy Star Online, Skies Of Arcadia Legends
>someone even had a Pokemon Box traded in at one point even though that was legit rare even then since it was online/Nintendo Store only
>never sold them because gamestop stopped taking them and i lived nowhere near a retro shop
>fast forwards 8 years and now they are the marquee rare titles on the system

I never knew about NCAA 2K3 College Basketball on GC ONLY being expensive until way after but i got it in a in a pile of junk sports titles at a flea market since then.

I spend 600 dollars on meth every week so I can't really judge.

blame dumbass millenials with more money than common sense. these prices are only as high as people are willing to pay for them.

>is a deal.
No. It. Fucking. Is. Not. At. All.

60 bucks plus tax, so basically 70 bucks. For this shit? Can't even play every NES game man. Only 30. FFS you normies are retarded as fuck. I'd buy it if it had a fucking NES port to use my nes games with, but thats too fucking hard for nintendo to actually give people what they want/need so we get some useless bullshit instead. That's why people are pissed, it couldv'e been aswesome, maybe even a badass real console of the NES that isn't 30 years old if you want one. But no.

Instead the release some bullshit I had when I was 5 (20 years ago you fucking idiots) that had all the classic genesis/nes/snes games on it, mario duck hunt everything nigger. And it was maybe 30 bucks. But now that classic gaming is oohhh sooo coool and retro now, this shit is somehow worth 60 bucks. Keep being delusion and keep fucking the market up you morons that buy this literal horse shit. Thanks for telling nintendo they did a good job on this shit when they completely fucked it up. We wanted a rerelease of the NES, not a fucking 30 game emulator machine. Just give me the fucking ports.

Emulate on a fucking wii or wiiu then you goddamn retard, fuck me people are dumb as shittttttttt.

Why are people like you proud to be a fucking moron and proud to be defiant to learn shit? Emulators are literally the easiest bullshit in the world, figure it out just download one, open it up, download a game drag and drop it's the easiest shit in the world 5 years old do it all the time.

Literally kill yourself if you can't operate a single fucking emulator, you are worthless.

The games they put on are not even some of the best games for the nes plus I have them all on my real nes why would I buy this shit. I'm sure a lot of Reddit faggot niggers will buy it though

>60 dollars for 30 games is not a bad deal at all
>nintendo still thinks their horrible bullshit ass nes games are worth 10 FUCKING DOLLARS EACH IN 2016
>when they sell them cheaper themselves on their own virtual console
>great deal

The way people are defending this product by saying "fuck you, I don't want to play with emulators and roms" is strange. The NES Mini IS an emulator and roms. It is a product aimed only at casuals and Nintendo collectors. Why would you get this when there are literally superior options for doing the exact same thing the NES mini does? You can just get a Raspberry Pi and play ALL the NES games you want. You could just buy a NES and a flashcart and play every NES game that way. You could homebrew a Wii and play not just NES games, but almost any games from the 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation.

Nigger, I'm not going to shitty yard sales or flea markets to find cartridges when you will be able to walk into Walmart and buy the Nintendo.

Plus 90% of yard sales are old clothes and assorted junk.

I honestly don't know if this faggot is serious or being ironic... For fuck's sake has this place gotten that bad? "with our girlfriends" this has to be bait, right? right?

Because no one gave a shit about them until Nintendo made one. Now, somehow, its worth getting one.

Sold my complete copy of Earthbound for $600 on eBay a couple years ago.

That was the buy it now price and it sold in 35 minutes after posting it.

Fools and their money.

I kind of like this because I find myself wondering about the future generation of gamers from time to time and one subject I'd often consider is what to introduce a potential niece or nephew to for video games. This seems like a perfectly fine thing to pull out and show them as a "gamer's starter kit" Or maybe not a starter kit, but I can see a 7-12 year old getting interested enough in something like this if they really seem to like video games beyond GTA. I used to just like Super Mario World and Sonic the Hedgehog so I got my start just running and jumping on shit but then one day my dad introduces a NES with a box of games and I got introduced to Ninja Gaiden, Dragon Quest/Warrior, Metroid, and it's where I also got particularly into Super Mario Bros 3.

what games are not emulated perfectly? give me even one. i can play the most obscure of japanese games like ninja jajumaru and it will run exactly as it is intended to on even shit like nestopia, not even fceux. maybe you are talking about palettes, which are changable? i fail to find this "1 percent" you are talking about

I'm gonna buy one for my office's christmas party.

>they don't actually care about selling these and just want to use it as cause to sue/deliver c&ds regarding emulation

>going to the office xmas party
>expecting normies to play games

I am. I will also buy the snes one if they make it, but I really want the N64 version, hopefully that happens.

Does it have a USB or MicroSD port?

I want a Sega Genesis version that is not that shitty Chinese one that was released a few years back.

It's retro stuff user. I've known plenty of normies that get a quick kick out of playing old Nintendo.

Yes, but the game everyone wants cant get re-released because licencing problems or whoever made them are dead or working for Sony.

$60 is 20 days of minimum wage from where i am from.

Instead i can eat 1 month with $60.

Then don't play games and buy food if you make that little. Priorities man. $60 is 1.5 hrs of work for me, I'll buy one for sure.

just more proof that nintendrones will buy anything nintendo shits out
NES emulation was perfected 20 years ago
>b-b-but i want the authentic experience
then get an original NES, this is just a shitty PC in a box that only plays NES games

This isn't marketed towards nintendrones, it's marketed towards normies

WHY IS IT WIRED

I would actually buy a SNES classic mini, or even just the classic controllers by themselves.