I miss it

I miss it.

I still have that goddamn ugly hat.

Same.

it's still there

sure, the game is. the players aren't. it was good, solid, replayable, and fun. and yet it's dead.

nice one

It was great fun while it lasted.

Problem is the complete lack of content, really. I think it's the only thing that held the game back.

>make neat topless shooter
>ask players to make maps
>dont offer any support
>never added to workshop

Valve didnt give a fuck and neither do i.

This and Helldivers really gave me a craving for more top down, twin stick, co-op shooters.

But both of them just chased the itch around, nothing has really given me any satisfaction.

The original mod was amazing. Was hard as balls and had tons of great campaigns unlike standalone version that died shortly after release. I assume the development cycle was too long so the devs got tired of the game and just gave up on adding content.

Valve actually released it with the intent of the community keeping it alive. Problem was when the workshop came out, valve didint bother adding workshop support to alien swarm eventually letting the game die.

didn't help that custom maps didn't give xp

>topless shooter

Well Valve just hired originals developers of the mod and considering lack of management in valve it's not surprising that the game got dropped in favor of something like Dota2. No interest from people -- no updates. It surely could have been improved but nobody bothered to do it.

Just buy helldiver. it's literally alien swarm taken to its logical conclusion.

Helldivers needed mods or some kind of variety to the maps and scenarios, its a good fucking game but once you realize that you have done everything there is to do within the first few hours youre pretty much done with it. I still play it on PS4 sometimes, still a fair amount of people playing after all this time surprisingly.

Did they fix the camera issues?

So what the fuck was the point to this?
From a developer standpoint I mean
Just make this short but awesome free to play game and then nothin
Were the assets used for anything else? Was it a glorified test?

---