youtube.com/watch?v=DZmGIpL-DIo
youtube.com/watch?v=Kr_inDkNPBQ
shadeofaranchant.ytmnd.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=nucJdeQT3h8
youtube.com/watch?v=71sVv__DryA
youtube.com/watch?v=xeUhSjuhQYE
youtube.com/watch?v=bGCKLFsDDVw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think Legion is doing well compared to WoD.

meaning less of a chance that blizzard will look seriously into legacy servers

What's there to even talk about Vanilla that hasn't been discussed to death already?

wowee rogues are OP, world PVP is fun, naxx was made for autists.

I tried to play it again recently. I loved Warcraft 3 so when I see a panda riding a motorcycle the game can go fuck itself for ruining a good fantasy universe.

>lets get a classic WoW thread going
I'd prefer to not talk about classic, I couldn't play Blood Elves in classic.

I want to go back ;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=MW4fASDkQXA

> naxx was made for autists

spotted the MC scrublord

What was the english name of that monastery east of "plaguelands?" with the elite 55 mobs that you could farm for silk or some shit?
>ywl never cross deadwind pass again while being low level and seeing skull level birds chasing you until you reach swamp of sorrows
>ywl never see 80 full t2.5 guild members grouping up for Naxx when you just leveled up 60

I miss weekend long AVs and spending an entire day clearing BRD

>I loved Warcraft 3 so when I see a panda the game can go fuck itself

hmm...something about this doesn't quite make sense :^)

vanilla had the best lore and should be considered canon because it introduced so many new factions to the world and didn't gut and ruin everything it could find from WC3

There's nothing stopping you

Tyr's Hand? It was a really popular spot with chinese farmers in vanilla.

>need gear from naxx to beat naxx bosses
>naxx is a 40 man raid so not everyone gets loot
>can only kill 1 boss per weekly raid reset

you had to play this raid for about a year before you got anywhere

No you fucking don't.

Legion is best expac. Not quite alt friendly but they'll handle it later on.

fuck everyone elses opinion because this is the internet.

my opinion is shit too.

vanilla is canon, retard

> Being this fucking cluelessly retarded
> Proof he didn't do anything in it

I've been rolling a NE Hunter on Elysium, and it has been insanely fun!

Seems like the private vanilla server scene is stalling over the anticipated release of crestfall, but I couldn't be assed waiting for that.

The biggest surprise for me was how intense and difficult it has been, and how social that instantly made the experience. Everyone's actively interacting with each other and helping each other with quests (or violently murdering people of the opposite faction for the fun of it fucking trolls). I've already had some half a dozen extremely close calls that made me feel like some kind of legend for having survived.

Funniest recent one was a troll who tried to gank me while I was in the middle of farming ursa, and it backfired when in the ensuing chase he wound up attracting the unwanted attention of several more and I made it out alive just barely - surrounded by another 4 corpses.

>vanilla
>spending an entire day clearing BRD
When will this meme die?
People never fully cleared brd, it's retarded
Fucking wotlk kids
Why people who clearly never played vanilla still posts about it

you think you do but you don't.

no, Legion is canon
vanilla doesn't include void lords or the death of kael'thas or anything like that

>I never did the raid when it was relevant so let me talk out of my ass

I bet you camped winterspring just for pot mats amirite

do you even know what canon means? vanilla IS canon, as in everything in it actually happened in the official lore
what you want to happen is for everything tbc and after to be retconned

Literally retarded

nonono, Legion is not canon
vanilla is canon

Naxx was only out 6 months before TBC released, that's why no one bothered. That and the expensive attunement.

FUCKKK

wow isen't canon. Blizzard stated that themselves.

That would mean that Rhonin, the super important, time-traveling wizard that helped spearhead the war of the ancients would be canon.

Every expansion is canon

Stop feeding the troll, literally no idea what he's talking about.

Even in TBC nobody bothered with Naxx because of WoWs flawed vertical grind progression

>literally only 0.01% of players ever even saw classic naxx
>100% of Cred Forums posters fully completed it

It was also still really hard even with full Tier 6, Instructors adds could still 2 shot people so you still needed priests for MC, you basically had to have a full guild go in as you needed coordination, although DPS wouldn't be an issue.

>WoWs flawed vertical grind progression
Their biggest mistake imho

it took a whole night of gaming to clear BRD. we took the left way to the dwarf king as our big finale

I cleared up to 4 horseman then had to stop, most of Naxx was a joke compared to C'thun.

It's also problematic if you render previous content pointless.
Raiding was a mistake.

Legion is a complete RNGfest
What was blizzard thinking

Naxx flopped so hard in Vanilla that they had to rehash it and dumb it down for casuals in Wrath of the Lich King.

Wow is casual clone of eq, what the fuck do you expected? Even in eq they removed forced grind of old bosses to be able kill anything in the next expack
Again, people usually never cleared full brd in one run, come with better fake memories next time, wotlk kid

That's what made things like BRD and MC so great: they're sprawling labyrinths intentionally designed not to be cleared easily. People who want a shorter dungeon can go for their preferred boss, and people who are batshit insane can try to 100% the thing as a challenge.

To make you sub as long as possible.

Then they'll hit a button and the drops will fall like rain.

DIABLO 3 GAME DESIGN

RNG is the only thing that could make mmo great again.
Best thing since everquest invented theme parks

I stared wow about 6 months before TBC came out, I quit playing when they made Lifebloom stacks no longer keep what your buffed stat was at the start of you using Lifebloom

>Wow is casual clone of eq, what the fuck do you expected?
Wow was my uncontested favourite game of all time until the first expansion dropped, and I'd unsubbed by the time the second xpac rolled out.

There weren't any obvious red flags showing until the launch of TBC.

I wish we knew back then how bad it would get, I would have tried to enjoy it more (I loved it)

Why does everyone like vanilla? The game is more balanced for both PvE and PvP now. I don't like the more recent expansions, but Legion is pretty good.

>I stared wow about 6 months before TBC came out
Of course you did, wotlk kid

You're fucking retarded.

balance isn't worthwhile if it homogenizes everything

RNG legendaries and missions are not good game design in a MMO. All it does it disrupt balance and make players wait on timelocked gates to progress.

BRD was garbage because if you were high enough level to finish it then the first half was a waste of time. It had such a massive level range that meant that you were only really leveled for a tiny part, everything else was too high or too low.

I'll bite.

Here are three things WoW has progressively lost since Vanilla:

>Permanency
Earning an item or a level felt great because it felt like that would continue to mean something in the future. Getting epic top level items is now meaningless because they'll be made redundant within two years tops. Players who had spent months gearing up towards L60 epics would in the worst case scenario find themselves replacing items within hours of BC - their old items made almost immediately redundant. That same thing has happened with every single expansion since.

>Difficulty
The game is so much more convenient to play for you and everyone else, which also means that there's no real satisfaction to be gained from making it through the 'challenge' any more. Running an instance used to be INTENSE. Why? Because finding that group took time, and once you finally had a group together, you were all going to have to make do with who you had. Now you just exit dungeon finder and re-queue, then alt-tab to facebook or whatever until you have found a new team. This added difficulty also meant that people HAD to be social if they wanted that rare item from that instance, which meant that player interaction was natural.

>Player Density
Believe it or not, the actual world of World of Warcraft used to be full of players! It's true! If you went to ANY region in the world, you'd find at least a handful of players there, guaranteed. With every expansion since vanilla, more and more instances and new instances 'high level zones' have fractured the playerbase to the point where most of the actual place the game was originally supposed to take place in is completely fucking barren.

It was proper mmo back then
Now the only reason to play is raiding
I personally think wotlk was he worst time for the wow
>RNG legendaries and missions are not good game design in a MMO
Why?
> balance
Go play dota fucktard, people like you ruined mmo genre
>timelocked gates
>have anything to do with rng
I hope you are aware what you can spam +2 as much as you want if you flithy casual, or +15 if you have good party what cleared heroic nightmare 2 times already. There no legendary locked behind timegates
Forged and legendary just a nice bonus. More than half of people who have 7/7 mythic don't have even one legendary, really makes you think

The one thing that prevents me from playing Vanilla servers is bad graveyard placement. It takes way too long to walk back to your body, and in a dense server with players everywhere, you are going to die a lot, no matter how good you are. That patch in TBC that added old world graveyards would be a godsend in a private server.

>>Permanency
Sometimes I wonder how an Eve Online system might work with WoW's raiding. No more vertical progression of stats, but some form of increased profits or ability for production?

I hadn't thought of that flipside of the coin. Most people can't stand private servers because the populations are too low, not too high.

that dick looks weird

>Items are rendered useless next expansion
>Considering this a bad thing
I don't like a lot of what modern wow does but this is easily the most retarded complaint ever lobbed at Blizzard

can BC play here?

I just hit 70 on a mostly-okay private server...I missed the challenge of old world content. I'm currently just continuing to quest through netherstorm for easy consortium rep.

this was one of the biggest complaints when TBC launched, wrathbabby

>okay private server.
Fuck off, retard
Only be people who never played mmo before

>some form of increased profits or ability for production?
Not too sure how well that'd translate to WoW desu.

I think what I would have done would be to remove the level cap but have every level after 60 require exponentially more xp, to the point where most people are L61 and a few 62's, with an extremely rare 63.

THEN with each expansion, keep content focused on new classes/races with their starting regions, and make new raids which give outrageous xp rewards for beating certain bosses, allowing the vanilla content to still feel relevant.

If it were up to me though there wouldn't be an expansion after tbc even with all those changes. Mayybe WotLK after at least another half decade.

>tfw people make better in-game cinematics than blizzard
youtube.com/watch?v=jozDcP8rbjU

How are you guys liking Legion so far?

You know what I miss? Legion. Matter of fact I think I'll end this shitpost early and go pl

hey, I played retail back in the day(I started on the tail end of BC)

really, the only flaws I've found are some quest and pathing in old-world bugs, some spawn issues, and a couple bugged quests.

I'm not posting the server name because I'm not shilling.

Legion isn't really bad. They've drastically improved on a huge amount of fronts.

Things that are better than ever before:
>Class Balancing
>questing
>raid mechanics
>art/animation
>gimmicks and various non other shit
>other shit i can't think of atm

The reason why we don't find wow all that great anymore is because of two factors.

1. community is not remotely what it once was. You can still make friends and get along with people in wow, but its pretty fucking easy to get lost in cracks and go through the game without really making any meaningful connections with other players.

2. The game is just simply old. You can only play something with the same format for so long.

There's of course other faults with current wow like the whole garrisons shit, but those aren't really gamebreaking. They sure as fuck are ugly, but if they were introduced back in oldschool wow, they wouldn't have had as huge of a backlash as they do now.

>Items are rendered useless next expansion
>Considering this a bad thing
Of course it's a bad thing you retard. The whole appeal of wasting countless weeks raiding should be to get a reward that's going to mean something for a while, not to get a token gesture which you'll be replacing with greens whenever Blizzard arbitrarily decides to make a new expac.

>The reason why we don't find wow all that great anymore is because of two factors.
See I think there are three reasons.

>art
objectively wrong. Vanilla was the pinnacle of the art style.

>The whole appeal of wasting countless weeks raiding should be to get a reward that's going to mean something for a while
They do mean something for a while. It sounds like you want gear to last forever which would make new content not mean anything.

>mfw 5 shammies steamroll the entire AV alone with their lightning shits

There were yeah and they were retarded
>Ever increasing disparity between raiders and anyone who wants to start raiding
There's already a shitload of nearly insurmountable hurdles by the second half of an expansion for joining anyone in progression

Besides
>He raids for the gear
Laugh at this faggot

Level 42 from level 41 made me feel strong and I would stare at my level 42 and admire it. Log out and feel GOOD and that was in TBC.

Now its, am I 110? Yep okie lets get to ilevel 875.

>wiping the heart of an MMO's gameplay that's centered around the progression of your character every 2 years is good game design

>Fresh level 60
>Join AV
>Too weak to contribute to big fights
>Just hang back and gather wolves for NPC summons

It used to be so fun.

>They do mean something for a while
What's even the appeal of any max level activity at all when you can just wait for the next xpac and get boosted to the same point as the tryhards all over again?

>I'm sorry but to get into this pug for ulduar your class has to grind for thunderfury and have this trinket from AQ 40
Arbitrary hurdles for pugs and raiding guilds get bad enough halfway through an expansion now imagine never ever fucking resetting that.

Anyone who complains about the gear reset on MMOs doesn't understand the first thing about MMOs

You want a permanent valuable item? Go farm a mount

This is true the world is diluted with players now.

There should of never been expansions only major patches for new raids and shit.

Only expansions if the community was desperate for it.

The expansions should enabled epics to scale and any new epics be replaced on the ground of minor boost and looks.

>what's the point of actually playing games when i could just use cheat codes
Some people like experiencing the content.

Nah, I'll just go play another dead sandbox MMO instead.

It's exactly good game design you gigantic mouthbreather

>Fresh level 60
>Too weak to contribute to big fights
Another retard who never played vanilla

People can say all they want about vanilla and how much better the game is now and nostalgia etc. etc. but nothing can match the aesthetic and experience of vanilla WoW.

I feel like they went in the worst possible direction with WoW. Both storyline wise and community wise.

I feel like there was SO MUCH more they could have done with Vanilla WoW before they went to TBC.

Azeroth should have been expanded upon before hitting the major enemies and figures of the Warcraft story.

Outland and Northrend should be final frontier zones where the enemies and bosses are near mythical level.

Leaving Azeroth so soon kind of fucked up the pacing. The main game from 1-60 was pretty much abandoned and eventually less and less people were actually levelling in the zones, making the gameworld completely dead. The 1-60 zones are the new players first contact in WoW and should have been treated better.

>cheat codes
That analogy sucks major dick: in the case of a new wow xpac, everyone is forced to 'use the cheat codes'.

>MMOs doesn't understand the first thing about MMOs
the problem with people like you is that you refer to Everquest clones as the definitive idea behind all MMOs and all should adhere to its vertical progression design

What was so amazing about vanilla was that legendary items were not the ones that had orange text on them, they were the ones you could find on your adventures before before raiding anything and could carry with you through the entire content like Hand of Justice which still held it's value all the way up to Naxxramas. Ever since after TBC they removed any kind of nuance in gear, it became simply a matter of "if it's not the newest tier, it's inferior."

On another note while I love that people are creating these private servers, I think it's kind of a losing battle, because blizzard will bring the hammer down on them if they get too popular like what happened to Nostalrius. I wish they'd take the hint and just give us a few classic wow servers, I'd fucking pay to still play it, but I will not pay for the new content because any semblance of adventure has been stripped away for the convenience of fucking lazy people and retards.

No it's a reset.

Because you wouldn't ever get the pleasure if doing any content when it's relevant?

You're a special kind of retarded user

Not true, you needed resist gear from various sources, also some crafted sets were BIS in Naxx

speaking of, i wish they made crafting good again, it still sucks in legion

>swg
>sandbox
It was themepark as fuck compared to the ultima and even darkfall
But of course people who complain about "vertical progression design" don't know shit about mmo games, not even surprised
And
>war
>eq clone

>non-raid gear warrior
>being useful in vanilla pvp

And that was on top of a shitty PC that slowed down like hell whenever 20+ people were on screen.

>while I love that people are creating these private servers, I think it's kind of a losing battle, because blizzard will bring the hammer down on them if they get too popular like what happened to Nostalrius
It's definitely annoying. I wonder if there are countries which can host servers such that they're immune from Blizzard's iron fist.

>Hurrrr why isn't WoW an orange instead of an apple
Laughinganimegirls.exe

>the pleasure if doing any content when it's relevant
You make a good point, watching Blizzard whore out their lore wasn't very fun regardless.

most of your points are points towards the times, not the actual game. imagine if vanilla had been out for the past 12 years, most of your points would not apply. you long for the early internet no information age

Again, it's very hard for the wotlk kid like you to understand, but in vanilla there wasn't big dfference in the hp between geared and not geared 60lvl in the pvp. If you jumped from behind, you had a good chance to kill your target, especially in the team battles
Even garbage like balance druid could kill people if he was smart about it

>a game (SWG) based around trading with other players is "themepark as fuck"

The categories might be flawed, but WAR certainly would not fit with DAOC with all of its PVE components (mandated by EA because of WoW's success) bringing the game down.

>if vanilla had been out for the past 12 years
Then Blizzard would have had more of my money and I would have played until I was satisfied then moved on.

Blizzard has never really taken many private servers down before. They have but it's not frequent. I maintain that Nost was a perfect storm of
>WoW was in the worst position it had ever been with Warlords bleeding subscribers
>They had Legion on the horizon
>Had a movie on the horizon
>Nost was easily one of the most popular private servers of all time and retards constantly advertised for it on the forums and in game instead of being hush hush and Blizzard products like literally every private server before and after Nost

War failed because EA forbid to release content afters subs failed under 800k, if they pushed game longer they actually had a good chance to become second after wow
I actually would gladly play many failed mmo like vanguard, war and vanilla lotro now. Genre really turned to shit

A warrior maybe.

Every other class was at the very least helpful at 60. Mages could still deal a quarter of someone's health with one spell. Anyone with healing spells could heal. And as we all saw from the videos, Rogues could kill people naked.

>every single person who played vanilla played exactly the same way
there were people who did full brd runs, it just wasn't the most optimal and time-efficient thing to do. but there were still occasionally people who did it. and it took all day.

The vanilla gameworld being expanded on wouldn't have been the worst idea

Are you a retard? Warriors without a dedicated healer and good gear were pretty shit in vanilla PvP.

>jumping from behind when trying to cross the bridge in AV

So this is what your retarded "critique" boiled down to. You wanted vanilla to never ever change. Every retard new from day one it was an evolving world subject to change.

Blizz might have more of YOUR money but a lot less of everyone else's.

I want vanilla servers too user but you're an absolute retard

I don't think this guy wanted to play the Nax patch for 12 years or so

he wanted vanilla to never change and the playerbase to never change

Played vanilla last night. Almost for a second i believed it wasnt just a bunch of fags nostalgiaing. But you guys got me good. Vanilla is hot ass lmao. How many other people do you think you tricked into trying vanilla?

>crossing brindge on the av
>not walljumping with invisible potion
Lol, found retard who never played during vanilla!
And again, you didn't spend entire AV near bridge, and of course you didn't duel 1v1 on the bridge
But of course wotlk kids like you wouldn't know about it

>first time playing the game, started in BC
>exploring Ashenvale
>neat this place looks cool, OH FUCK A DRAGON
>die
>later on in Feralas
>hey, this place looks familiar...
>DAMN IT
>die again
>same thing happens in Hinterlands again later on
I've been waiting for sooo many years to get my revenge, and now I finally can in the new raid.

lmao me and my gf played it for a night and fucking rofld out of the window and went to smash some punk nerds down

>every single person who played vanilla played 100% perfect strats at all times and made use of every single exploit that existed in the game
think you're projecting m8

youtube.com/watch?v=a4E02mM6yyE
>mfw i did my last few levels to 60 on a packed pvp server in silithus with alliance majority as a horde

t. shitter who died in the cave of the his respective starting zone

Was it burning blade, kobolds, frost trolls, or spiders user?

>tfw ilvl 860 MM Hunter in the underbelly.

If I weren't so busy I'd make a montage. I'm literally killing people by the dozen.

>Havoc DH
>Everyone fighting a boss
>Suddenly no sewerguards
>Shit out AOE and watch the sightless eyes role in

I wish we could still have a nostalgia/current game thread on Cred Forums but Nostfags and wodbabbies ruined it

>tfw ilvl 863 enh shaman in the underbelly

i get kited to shit but when i catch up they get 1 shot

Get on my level

I don't see the problem with an unchanging MMORPG. If the game is good, I would still come back to it once in a while, just like other games I enjoyed.

Because there is a limit for most people. I can think of lots of genuinely good games I put a couple hundred hours in I will probably never touch again. MMOs don't work when people don't play.

>2005
>less than 10 people near ironforge gate

Hey, remember when we fought the Legion in BC?

>I posted it again mom, I been doin it since 2012!

same. i was a noob at the time (got better in BC) so i did not see everything the game had to offer.

Hey, remember when we were supposed to do that but we fucked up heavily on the lore so we threw in Illidan, Kael'thas and Vashj as raid bosses because nobody knew or cared about Gruul and the last tier was the one that was actually relevant to the lore?

hey remember me? neither does anyone else

youtube.com/watch?v=DZmGIpL-DIo

RIP bank roof.

>Tfw your underage ass never got to 60 before getting banned early TBC.
>Tfw even during TBC after getting a gifted 60 to 70, got banned before I could do any raiding.

>tfw playing on nostalrius and realize that the community itself will never be the same

I played a paladin for 50 levels and I had faggot telling me paladins shouldnt dps, they shouldt tank, and they shouldnt heal. The entire community consists of drooling retards who google how to do every quest and how to build every class. Sucks.

>Turning the hero and one of the most interesting characters out of warcraft 3 into a meme

Le setback meme exxdee

>there will be no good MMO as the old wow
>wow killed any chance for a good MMO to be made. ever.

am i the only one who hates the orgrimmar remake? years later and i still dont feel at home in it
>mfw sneaking into orgrimmar with my druid buddies and standing on the auction house roof selecting victims

every fucking person i met was using some sort of quest addon

>Buying levels
I have no sympathy you deserved worse

Gotta say I agree with the other guy for different reasons.

Most people weren't geared. Only turboautists did raids or instances. Most people just fucked around. I probably had some quest greens from 50 for months when I was 60. Still killed people because they were just as geared as me (i.e. no gear).

I didn't buy anything user.
My brother got our first account banned for trading gold for gametime cause we were poorfags.
Then I got gifted an account by this weird chomo dude with a level 61 paladin. I got him to 70 but I eventually lost access to the account I think.

RIP nostalrius.
Whats the best tbc server?

The thing I miss most about vanilla is you didn't have to be at the endgame.

Nowadays, if Blizzard releases a new raid they release a new 5man to gear people up for that raid. BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO DO IT AND YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PROGRESS.

What the fuck? I didn't get to enjoy 80% of WoD content because apparently the moment a new raid comes out the old ones become shit. Not everyone should be at the most recent raid. Give me something to progress towards.

>Sense of danger and wonder
>Getting a rare item was exciting
>Org and IF were full of people because that was the only place with an AH
>Getting to level 40 so you can get a mount and upgrade to plate
>The entire server working together to open AQ
>Class quests
>Shooting the shit with random people you meet
>Instances took time because CC was a thing

The biggest problems with getting raid-epics was the loot councils and bullshit circlejerking you could encounter.
I remember my brother always getting gkicked for talkin shit to the shitty players and grills that got special treatment.
He eventually just became a tank for hire and Rank 13 a little before ranks got pulled.
>Mfw watching him fuck shit up as a naked warrior with trinkets and TUF

Because people who play only 2 hours a week got butthurt that they didn't get to see all the content.
>MY 15 DOLLARS IS WORTH JUST AS MUCH AS EVERYONE ELSES.
>I SHOULD GET ALLLLL THE GEEEEEEEEARRRRRRRRRR

>Nowadays, if Blizzard releases a new raid they release a new 5man to gear people up for that raid. BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO DO IT AND YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PROGRESS.
>ZG
>AQ20
It's like you are pretending to be retarded
hen naxx was released, you could skip all others raids bu just farming trash in the naxx and gearing up on the first bosses in the aq40

we have to invent a time machine

I'd go further than that and say you didn't have to be max level in vanilla. 1-59 was an entirely different...game almost. It had its own community and economy, people at level 40 didn't trade or need stuff that a 60 did nor did they run the same instances and professions aside they didn't spend time in the same zones. I had countless alts and it took me around a year to reach my first 60 and by that time I hadn't even seen all of the 1-59 content, professions and so on. There was still much left to be done before the big 60, where supposedly the game actually started. Maybe that's just me though, anecdotal and all that.

I guess I'm saying it was an adventure. 100-110 is just work, a habit that you do to get to heroic>mythic because what else is there.

Green frost resistance gear was better than most raid gear from previous gears as well in terms of progression in Naxx

do you have a time machine?

As a scrublord myself I never got that at all. I paid my money, had my fun but never got to see Nax60 and I'm completely fine with that. If money is the argument then those same people should be arguing for a paid character boost (like we have today) instead of speeding up progression/dumbing down the game. For there to be winners there has to be losers after all.

No, totally. There was no real impedus to reach 60 since raids were such a small feature to most people. One you were 40, you could get into AV and had a mount, so who really needed to level beyond that? I played from 2005 on one character, and I spent such little time at 60. Everything became different with TBC.

This isn't the same thing, and you know it.

>That old hunter pet bar
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
here
My first character was an orc hunter. Highest I got him was 47 or 48 before I got banned.
>Tfw building str.
>Needing on corpsemaker cause it was a sweet blue.
>Wanting Stinging Viper but realizing hunter's can't use maces.

Nah you couldn't get into AV till 51 for that sweet spear but you still had access to most of the world's zones as well as a mount and battlegrounds.

>Hunters rolling need on EVERY FUCKING THING
YEAH I NEED THIS SPELL POWER GEAR BECAUSE OF ARCANE SHOT, OH AND FUCK THIS WARRIOR GETTING A NICE WEAPON UPGRADE, BETTER FOR ME WHEN I NEED TO USE MONGOOSE BITE AND RAPTOR STRIKE ONCE IN A WHILE

I miss these days ;_; i was so retarded.

ignore this post. he is clearly either baiting or retarded. vanilla looked like poop

There's one great mystery regarding vanilla for me and that is Warsong Gulch. Back then I used to love it, at least on my damage classes like rogue, mage, warrior and shaman but nowadays I can't stand it, haven't been able to for years. I could spend an entire day there, fighting and running flags and it was really fun. The graveyard and flag mechanic changes aside it hasn't really changed as far as I can tell but I absolutely detest it and I can't figure out why. I don't think it's the one-shot factor since most of my PvP was

Was it 51? I vaguely remember a number after the X_, so I imagine you are right. Fuck that spear was great. First blue I ever got and I only got rid of it in TBC.

I remember disliking it even back in vanilla, because for most people it was just a grind around the middle

Arathi Basin was way more tactical and interesting and even if you were crap at fighting you could do stuff (same for old AV)

I really loved PvP in vanilla, but now I never do it. No idea. Really, I was going to High Warlord and everything (never made it past Blood Guard), but I was insane about PvP. Now I hate it.

I imagine it is just the gear.

first blue @ 51 damn you were a shitter

>I was going to High Warlord and everything (never made it past Blood Guard), but I was insane about PvP.
Literally how?
got warlord on kronos in 2 weeks

>kronos
dunno what that is but that was impossible in vanilla

That depends on the server if memory serves. Blood Guard took weeks of several hours a day of play on my server in vanilla and the grind to HW was nothing short of insane.

>its easy to make friends
>last night I alt tabbed for a second and the Tank threw a Bitch Fit so hard that she was vote kicked because she wouldnt pull, and I didnt even start the vote

>Salty Dogs
Ma nigga

I agree, they went apeshit with bc. Vanilla was the ultimate mmo fantasy for me t b h and im not even a roleplayer

Because Paladin couldnt dps..what are you going to wear? Warrior Plate? It'll be taking from you, by Warrior's who are better at DPS.

Paladin DPS is literally auto attack, even your goddamn Set Bonuses all involve healing.

>It'll be taking from you, by Warrior's who are better at DPS.
Not him, but you are retarded
Paladins dps was fine, just like ench shaman one
They couldn't manage aggro for shit, this is why no one wanted them in the raids
Fucking wotlk kids, don't even know why people rarely bought some classes to the raids

>vanilla lotro

This was unironically a really, really good MMO. I miss it.

Paladin PvP is more based around their insane survivability and knocking you down slowly.
You don't go full ret if you wanna PvP.
youtube.com/watch?v=Kr_inDkNPBQ

>Things that are better than ever before:
objectively wrong on 80% of the things you stated

>the hunter who lotted hero halm and shoulders.

it was me.

I remember having a sweet build where I had a two handed weapon and used that skill that gave you a free attack whenever you got critted. Was spanking people. The best part about a paladin was how much fucking money you have, free mount and barely any spells to buy.

If it was an adventure it was an adventure I never wanted to do again and deeply, deeply wished I could have skipped over in favor of 60 only content.

>Barely any spells to buy
You got spells for days mate. It's just prioritizing which ones to get. But yah reckoning was sweet. Carrying a 1h+shield for holy shield is also great against any major physical damage dealers.

>you'll never spend an evening ganking leveling clothies in Hellfire with your 49 twink rogue again

then you were either an experienced player already done with the grind from another game or you simply weren't meant for WoW
i really dont understand coming into vanilla fresh and only liking the 60 part of it

Alright guys this thread is doing it for me.
And I have the entire day off.
Kronos dwarf paladin?
Or human for that sweet sweet detect stealth

human rogue 'cuz you're going for the Insane title

I LOVE
FUCKING
HUHURAN
SO MUCH

Correct, I played EQ first and was sick to fucking death of the grind in that game.

Nostfags please leave

WoW grind after EQ was so refreshing. So much easier, and being able to actually accomplish things on your own was nice.
But now I've come full circle and appreciate eq grind so much more. Comfy as fuck, all the best parts of hanging out and chilling with guildies with tons of cool shit to pick up along the way.

I will never appreciate either because I played UO first and that's a game where I could literally do only what I wanted to do the entire time.

>that raid quest in the Plague Lands
Shitty reward, but I got 40 random people to come out of curiosity. Really didn't need that many.

>june 06
>sunday 3 am
>hunter
>fresh lv51 first time AV
>mount up and ride around
>collect all the quests i can find
>raid invite
>accept
>undead rogue cheap shots me
>suddenly BG over
>get bloodseeker crossbow for free

>vanilla
>title

Best decision

>just browsing the screenshot gallery on blizzards site for hours
>checking how your honor status changed at the start of every week
Fuck I miss vanilla. It was so much better. It was a fucking MMO.

i fucking loved the original wow website, it was so fucking comfy

Does any one have a link to the YTMD where it was a guy telling a story about how he ganked a level 32 pally and caused the kid to beat the shit out of his sister? Was so good.

It felt like home base instead of just a marketing platform.

i think he means that the insane was not available in vanilla not titles in general

I found out about YTMND and Cred Forums from the WoW off-topic forums shortly before/around TBC release.
No but I have this.
shadeofaranchant.ytmnd.com/

yep, i could've browse it whole day

i remember all the pirate servers having the exact same site, kek

>mfw arenas ruined pvp

Fuck you, TBCucks.

battlegrounds ruined pvp
fucking post-launcH SHITS

Resilience ruined pvp
World pvp wasn't too bad in tbc the fuck are you on?

That.. takes me back. Thanks user

PvP ruined PvP
fucking developer shits

Players ruined wow.
Fucking non-dev shitlords.

>loved fire/elemental mage
>tbc comes
>go full fire in world pvp/bg etc
>have a blast (pun intended)
>mfw resilience

>WoW OT forums
Man, what long-ago times.

Anytime brother.
Have another one.
youtube.com/watch?v=nucJdeQT3h8

World pvp was always a gankfest joke, anyway. the only people who took it seriously were people on

>>>>>>>Dethecus

I want my weather back

arenas should've been only horde vs ally

and they should've kept pally and shaman faction specific

>Im fucking retarded

>You nostalgia, you lose

youtube.com/watch?v=71sVv__DryA

I agree. Making the factions essentially the same with a few paltry racial differences was a bad move. Hell, I would have taken it a step further and made DKs exclusive to Forsaken and DHs exclusive to nelves.

Coming to Cred Forums was such a god damn breath of fresh air.
No faggot posters with 10,000+ posts and shit like that.
Just a couple trolls like Lanced Jack

>DKs exclusive to Forsaken and DHs exclusive to nelves

so much this

but this would've mean that blizz had to actually do some hard work, to release 2 classes at once, to ACTUALLY work hard on balancing the faction classes and not milk the "hero class" idea for 12 years

>Tfw I watched Wow videos that still held up after puberty ended
I wonder how it feels to be you user
youtube.com/watch?v=xeUhSjuhQYE

>You will never bang a crazy hottie from your realm.

>deleted vanilla screenshots to save space on a toaster machine

fuck me

>DHs exclusive to nelves
>while bc was full of BE dh
Yeah, wouldn't be strange at all

>Blizz was too goddamn lazy to segregate PvP and PvE abilities
>Balancing around arenas would fuck up things in other non-arena contexts

>That ending
It was different and it was better

youtube.com/watch?v=bGCKLFsDDVw

It hurts too much, nost is kill, every server is shit and corecraft is never coming out

Some of the big faggots of the OT made their own forum and it was basically Cred Forums lite before I knew what Cred Forums was. I didn't frequent it but it was the most typical circlejerk you could imagine.

>MC
>sprawling labyrinth
There was nothing labyrinthine about that layout. Just a couple of wide tunnels stuffed to the brim with trash mobs.

>corecraft is never coming out
Everytime I forget about it and then remember this fact saddens me

Oh fuck I think I remember that.
I remember going there for the free porn as underageb&

>watch tons of pvp videos 2004-2006
>flashy editing, metal music the works
>love them to death
>rewatch some of them today
>it's just some good geared mage/rogue/etc keyboard turning and two-shotting people set to Powerman 5000 and clicking his trinkets

> >ruskies found a glitch for legendaries
> >need to be donate to the site for how to do it
> fucking jews
Why delete the post though

>class balancing
xd

ain't the legion thread I thought it was

>that aspect ratio
brings me back

>was playing vanilla with /vg/
>nonstop raiding same content, sometimes even failing to
>get bored
>download swtor
>hey, that's really fucking fun
>buy a sub
>can't stop playing
sucks to be you, get with the times

Shadowfang Keep is the best dungeon in the entire series.

What was the go with this. I remember seeing it a couple of times.

Could you summon a boss in AV?

>tfw had a ton of screens of my troll shammy in salty dogs
>they're gone due to hdd failure
;_;

>sometimes even failing to
well at least that part is like vanilla

well shit im serious, the /vg/ guild cleared nef on kronos waaay after fucking normie containment guilds did, this says alot

you collected a bunch of shit, i think it was blood from players or something and after a large amount you could summon a lord of your faction who would fuck shit up but in the end get kited to the elite towers/bunkers and get raped
fun while it lasted though

Basically you could summon guys like that and they would fight for you in AV. They could really turn the tide if it is a particularly tough AV.

vanilla was shit

Cata's sfk is better

That music made me feel so comfy user.

thetldr
An abomination

>BRD was garbage because if you were high enough level to finish it then the first half was a waste of time. It had such a massive level range that meant that you were only really leveled for a tiny part, everything else was too high or too low.
Bullshit you fucking retard. You could make tons of gold doing BRD.
Chucklefucks like you who never played it when it was current should shut the fuck up.

what's the best vanilla server nowadays with nost gone?

SETBACK Sunstrider?

Dethecus respresent!

OutbackJack was the worst, the FUCKING WORST! lol

>working on getting the Corrupted Ashbringer artifact appearance which is an homage to all the rumors from Vanilla
>get to the part where I need to kill a slime by Thorondoril River
>spawn time for it could be 40 minutes or 16 hours
>only 5 people can tag it before it doesn't drop anything anymore
>dozens of Paladins standing around where it spawns spamming Consecration
>even then when you get the phylactery it drops you have to fish a crystal from the river nearby that has an insanely low chance to be fished

they really got the Vanilla experience downpat on this

>doesn't server hop

>implying Blackness wasn't the server punchline

Chaos Theory>>>>>Jew Oven Incedent
>Months Behind

>expensive attunement
>it's free at exalted
...?

Depends on the country it is hosted in, from what I understand Nost for example was closed because it was in france and the devs were trying to get official sponsorship from Blizzard.

As long as it's hosted in Eastern Europe and Warsaw pact countries america can't do shit.

Whoa!

>People never fully cleared brd, it's retarded
It is, and it was done.

>I want to do X
>I need quest Y
>I want to kill Z

The instance was tailored to doing different areas at different levels, but nah fuck that logic, let's just clear the whole damn thing.

I always cleard BRD and UBRS. It was a long dungeon run, but with some weed and beer it was great.

Which private server do you play on user? I am looking at Warmane right now. Should I go with the Mists server?

Any more stories from EQ? Always curious what it was like.

>Which private server do you play on user? I am looking at Warmane right now. Should I go with the Mists server?

I've never played on a private server, have been tempted but don't like the idea they could shut at any point esp. after a decent time investment.

>UBRS
Could clear that shit so fast near the end, longest part without movement being that stupid room to activate the shaman.

What was the other boss in that place, for the "AV weapon quest", that had the polearm with the same stats as an arcanite reaper. I remember getting the tag on him, was pretty hyped to get the polearm despite the horrific warrior animations.

you mean ice-barbed spear or what? you had to kill some gnolls in a cave or whatever and then win AV once to get it iirc
amazing weapon had it on my warrior at 51 cut through everything

Wasn't that the changed quest/revamped AV? Thought there was an ice lord that looked like a dude-huge ice elemental like Garr

That's exactly what I was afraid of with Nostalrius. Grind it to 60 and then shut down.
>happened

Right before TBC we were running through it trying to get people attuned for BWL.

I'm going to check out Warmane, the Icecown server.

in vanilla, alliance outnumbered horde on almost every server by a huge margin, this was purely because people wanted to wank over naked elves

these days, horde have a lot more players, and its purely because of blood elves, horde on most servers are filled with elves, rarely an orc or troll to be seen

kinda sad really

Oh the pally bubble-hearth had nothing to do with it?

>last level in silithus
me too man, AQ was right around the corner iirc.

isn't that lokholar the ice lord? big ice rock dude? alliance had ivus or whatever his name was, an ancient i think

We were pretty diverse back when my friends and I started playing. I was a troll (in-combat health regen? sign me up!), one undead and the others picked tauren. I doubt we would have picked belf even if they existed since we were in our edgy phase and liked being the ugly faction. I still remember the butthurt over belfs and horde getting paladins and alliance getting shamans. I'm still mad.

I always want to play ret pally

Thoughts?

It didn't even take that long to full clear unless you went in with a group of mid 50s.

Was in the early beta and was in a top 10 Vanilla raiding guild (couple of Horde firsts). Remember fist pumping like a dweeb plenty of times. Some of my best gaming moments and I still have a lot of fond memories. Quit after TBC. Feel a bad knowing what has happened to Blizzard.

Maybe it's just me but I always felt like the alliance was the main faction. Horde always felt like the edgier secondary faction. Until green jesus of course.