Criken is making a game apparantly

Criken is making a game apparantly...

I won't link directly to the kickstarter but he made 70k allready.

HereĀ“s a video about the game:
youtube.com/watch?v=zshlrmuQo-s

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pgErb1FzQ5A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

looks gay

>Games don't do enough for you the viewers
>I wanted to tell stories
>Game that is literally worthless for anyone who isn't a twitch streamer.

This industry doesn't deserve to live

I used to like his video too.

He's turned progressively to shit just like every youtuber who starts a successful Twitch stream. When people just throw money at you to say their twitch ID I think it fucks with your head.

this is fucking retarded

This could be interesting if it also had a randomly generated single player mode of it.

Because as stated in this thread, if you dont have a large following, youre fucked.

If it actually has a SP mode where the little modifier things then it might be interesting.

Not to make this a ECELEB thread because then the mods will delete it again.... (I'd say criken is pretty fucking vidya related but hey...)

What do you actually think about his game concept?

The idea of being in a gameshow has always interested me, especially after things (not so relating) like the oddworld games.

Like I said above, the only problem is for people who dont have a giant twitch following.

So it's pretty much a game you're supposed to watch? What the fuck? How the fuck did he get 70k for this stupid idea?

What? Well, actually in a way youre right.

There are two aspects to it: The player and the viewers.

Interactive multiplayer where one person is playing, and other people are controlling it.

Yeah but the ratio is fucked. You need a bunch of viewers to make this game interesting. So it's a game made to be watched by a lot of people and enjoyed by 1. That's the most cancerous idea I've heard in a while.

>1 vs 100 on the 360
>It got fucking shut down
I will never not be mad.

Exactly. Hence why I said if it wants to survive, it needs to have a way to implement those featuring for single player.

His current left 4 dead series where he tests this concept seems more entertaining if he had better tools to be the director.

This.

Really a Slender man clone is not a good game to do this with, but those are easier to make than an action game so that's what they went with.

Being able to spawn waves of enemies, blockades, effects and shit would be much more fun then 'push player into Not-Slenderman'

They're the only vids by Criken that i'm enjoying from him nowadays. His content quality really suffered from "youtuber syndrome"

Isn't this faggot basically the epitome of "HERE WATCH ME AND MY FRIENDS GIGGLE AT EVERYTHING AND YOU'LL LOVE IT BECAUSE YOU ARE AN UNLIKEABLE FUCKWIT WITH NO FRIENDS YOURSELF"? How the fuck is he making a game.

>Interactive game ft. Twitch audience

FUCKING
DROPPED

he's got a brand of comedy you're supposed to once like and then grow out of

you've grown out of it, like an adult should
dont look into it more than that.

he went to school to design vidya. gotta do something with that education I guess

He's dropping out to make this game.

Source and Goldsource are actually surprisingly good for admin fuckery, all things considered. There's a lot of plugins that let you play sounds and directly affect the players, and there are commands to spawn (and edit) enemies and environmental hazards pretty much on the fly.

For example, vid related is what happens when you've got someone who *really* knows how to use Goldsource's console, combined with a custom admin plugin. Focusing on and building on a concept like this is what I would expect from this game, not "watch da stream to get funbux to make le kappafaec"
youtube.com/watch?v=pgErb1FzQ5A

It's just that slenderman game with twitch integration and a few slight mutations. That's it.

>Games should let the audience interact with them
Games don't normally have an audience, you fuck. You're supposed to play them. Not everyone that plays games is a twitch streamer. What did this fucker learn at that school?

Bedbananas is the new, improved Criken.

The idea of a horror gameshow's neat.
A game where twitch chat's involved has potential if done right.

This is just that slenderman game with twitch memes and "-but instead the player's small/big/drunk/etc!", which is lazy as fuck.

I still like his Hitman videos.

He learned that the Twitch demographic is *massive*, and streamer games are becoming an actual genre?