Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/3BdQd6
pcpartpicker.com/list/fvQb2R
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just buy one from best buy, they know what they're doing better than you do and it's cheaper.

This desu

> He is going to cool down his CPU with the weakest of the four elements

eks dee

>i7 with a 1070
For what purpose? Just get an i5

>cd drive
>seagate
>1070
lmao

>1070
Get a 1080, water cooler, a bigger SSD and it'll be perfect.

>seagate 3tb

hope you make regular backups user

otherwise a really good build IMO

>i7 6700k
>1070

get the fucking i5 version and a 1080 you retard

i5 is the way to go unless you do other things than gaming.

If possible get a 1080, if not, the 1070 is fine.

anyone know of any good earth coolers on the market yet?

>fire cooled gpu

ATTENTION
ATTENTION

DO NOT LISTEN TO THE KEKS

A I7 AND A 1070 IS GREAT, YOU LITERALLY DONT NEED ANYTHING ELSE

ATTENTION

DO NOT LISTEN TO THE KEKS

>he fell for the cloosed loop cooling meme

everyone laugh at the tard with more money than sense

Oh and Seagate is shit, get a Western Digital drive. 250GB is kind of low for an SSD these days as well. You also really don't need a DVD drive and your cooler is going to bottleneck you.

You dont need 16 Gbs of RAM, 8 will be more than enough, in fact, I don't think you'll even fully use all of them.

You also dont need that heatsink, you can go with a much cheaper one like the EVO 212

You could even save money abd get an i5 CPU since most games nowdays are based on current console hardware, but that's up to you.

Don't listen to this guy, OP. Intel nerfs their i5s regularly and games definately use more than 8 GB, 16 is cutting it close nowadays.

Seagate is absolute dog shit. Go with Western Digital. Also 16gb is fine, don't listen to faggots with only 8gb of ram. Ram is cheap so why not have 16? It's future proofing.

best buy prebuilts are pretty weird, got one in 2012 with a amd 7770 but then an i7-3770k

>8 will be more than enough

I'm sure you also think 5 1/2 inches is more than enough too.

this

former Cred Forums fag

it's better to skimp on GPU than cpu because you can upgrade the gpu easier. RAM is cheap might as well get 16gb

The high end i5s are still fine. 16GB is the standard now though, I bottlenecked on 8 gigs of ram a lot before I upgraded.

>24" monitor
>4k compatible build

just throw it all in the bin when it arrives op

I have that Asus 144hz monitor. It's pretty good, but be prepared to spend some time calibrating it if you don't want a warm, washed out picture

>spending 1.5k bongs for literally 0 good games

that's odd, i'm still running my 8gbs and I've never run into a bottleneck. Times change I guess

>3GB isn't enough
Oh wow, it's the guy who saves all seasons of every anime and never watches any of them.

i5 is a meme processor, don't listen to these idiots. They're still running 2500ks because they don't know any better. You're better off getting the i7.

>anime poster
>avatar fagging
>works on my machine

Please stop.

I bet you use AMD products if you can't afford RAM.

literally what

HDD != SSD
he's buying a 3tb HDD and a 250gb SSD

Games are starting to have 16GB as the recommended amount of RAM. I just put 32GB in Mt system for $120. RAM is cheap right now, so it's a good time to get more than what you really need.

>no poptarts

killer setup desu

>they're still running 2500ks

I will fully admit that my 2500k is the current bottleneck on my machine but there is absolutely nothing wrong with a 6600k.

I wanna record some longplays so i7 would be better for that right? If I could get by doing that fine with it then I don't mind choosing the i5 instead.

1080s a bit too expensive for me 2bh.

RAM scales in games weird, if you use only 8 you'll probably only hit 6-7gb, but if you have more RAM usage will ramp up accordingly. You don't need more than 12gb right now, I think the highest I've ever hit is like 10gb, but nobody buys 12gb of RAM so 16 is probably your best bet.

So how is this build? pcpartpicker.com/list/3BdQd6

You're gonna need a beefier power supply and water cooling to handle that processor.

Is seagate really that bad? Western Digital is so much more expensive. Is Samsung alright?

I have the 6600k
Don't know much about recording/editing, but I'd guess an i7 would be better for that.

Any suggestions?
pcpartpicker.com/list/fvQb2R

Blu Ray drives will bottleneck the fuck out of your RAM.

They're cheaper for a reason. WD is so much more secure.

That monitor hasvery shitty colors

t. I have one

they say you can calibrate it with guides online and then it becomes okay. did you try doing that?