1 for puzzles
2 for story

It was a cool concept and original.
2 felt like a rehash with dumb forced memes

Both.

Wheatley a cute btw

1 was much better if too short

2 pissed me off

Portal 2 is better but it's sad how the playtesters who influenced its production changed/removed some really interesting mechanics/themes from the game.

Neither, play community maps and test chambers instead.

This they made the game too easy.

2 has worse gameplay and worse humour. Quality over quantity, every time.

>community maps and test chambers instead.
And by that, I hope you mean maps from moddb and not the workshop.

The level designer they released for portal 2 just made an endless landfill with a $5 bill hidden in every ton of garbage.

This. They always brought up "the cake is a lie, LOL!" every chance they got. This is the reason I didn't finish Portal 2

both are shit, so hard to figure out
i cannot finish portal 1 but i have play portal 2 but also not yet finish

portal 2 is nice though it has nice graphic and i like the story effect

Browsing the workshop is suffering, but I found some list of recommendations and a couple authors who made the type of maps I liked, so I was able to find a couple dozen bills without much trouble.

2 for based Wheatley. 1 really doesn't hold up as well with just glados and le cake is le lie

Portal 1 shares the atmosphere of HL2 which I prefer to the different tone of Portal 2.

>Cake is le lie
vs
>Cave "Obvious Reddit Pandering" Johnson
which one, Cred Forums?

Here's your (You)

>dumb forced memes

The cake is a lie is far more insufferable.

1, obviously.
2 is meme-filled shit for ledditards.

1 is much better considering the atmosphere it had, simply using music and sound queues to get at you at a subtle level

2 pissed me off because it tried to be le Reddit funny with Cave Johnson and Wheatley in order to reach out to a larger audience, creating the stupid Cake is a Lie garbage that is iterated by 'gamers' who don't have a single original thought of their own and choose to follow the collective shit spew. Atmosphere was ruined as well, too many Ratman rooms and little music to complement the broken down Aperture, with the one 'oh so spooky' whispering behind a wall.

It's a comedy game, it's not the game's fault that the jokes got turned into memes

Please explain how is a single wall texture in a tiny optional room insufferable?

You can tell when someone hasn't played the game when they say this.

Robit designs and builtin level maker for 2
the rest for 1

Because of shit like this.

I never hear or read people parroting Cave Johnson lines and frankly they were funnier if excessive than the whole cake gag.

average humor isn't inherently reddit, reddit friendo. Your complaintis coming from the community surrounding the subject, and not the subject itself.

As far as the ratman rooms with little music, maybe you're just a little bitch who complains about benign things that are really more dependent per person, and not to an objective.

The cake gag was an incredibly minor joke that got blown out of proportion by underage morons on the internet, you can't fault the game for it

>got 1st one for free when it was released on mac
>got 2nd one for free at winter sale. The game just randomly appeared in my gift inventory
Ty gaeb

Wheatley did nothing wrong. Why did he have to go to space? ;_;

I don't fault the game for it but it happened and that makes the cake meme worse.

I enjoy 1 more than 2 but the cake gag is forever tarnished for me due to the epic memers.

at least they had the good sense to leave the cake out of the 2nd one

>Portal 2 created the Cake is a Lie meme
Want to know how I know you've never played the game?

I don't think he's saying portal 2 made the cake is a lie meme.

I think he's saying that the community who made that meme are the same ones who valve was trying to target with portal 2's humor.
That's bullshit though, it's just well-written humor.

Cave Johnson had one or too good lines, that's it. Also it isn't benign considering that the entire shtick with Portal is that it was a puzzle game with a dark side to it, but it wasn't blatantly shown to the player. It was done in a very subtle manner which makes the 4 hour experience have much more substance to it.

Listen to Portal's OST:
youtube.com/watch?v=Kgny67NTtw0

Now listen to Portal 2's OST:
youtube.com/watch?v=d-a8jZgqFh0

They're both great soundtracks but notice the huge tonal shifts in both, it speaks for itself.

Agreed.

They still memed the companion cube though.

>inb4 recurring jokes or callbacks isn't memes
It was clear pandering, they could have done something innovative or different with the cube formula and they just kept beating the proverbial dead horse.

Cred Forums posters:
Videogames

Reddit:
Video

Games

>Not liking companion cube

2's GLaDOS looked far better tee bee aych.

XD

Not even XD, just like the little cube
I pity people who let memes and fanbases ruin things for them

>2's GLaDOS looked far more fuckable tee bee aych.
ftfy

i love portal 1's soundtrack. i feel like the beepity bloops for portal 2 really fucked it up. then again, the tone and story for 2 were a little less 'serious' i guess. less cold and alone, more percussion and buzzing or something.

>Cred Forums posters: Vidya gaems
FTFY

1. Narbacular Drop
2. Portal 2 (b/c of Multiplayer and Map editor)
3. Portal 1

fight me IRL

>Cred Forums is at it again
Of course 2 was better, the story was significantly better and they added more depth to the puzzles in the game by tossing more features into the game. Not to mention the fact that 2 had some god-tier tracks and a 2-player mode.
>inb4 le reddit XDDD
Kill yourself, you know that I'm right.

SPAAAAAAACEEE

>Narbacular Drop

>quantity over quality: the post

I thought the gel puzzles sucked massive D, so 1.

>Narbacular Drop
Fuck you, I liked F-Stop better

1. F-Stop
2. Half Life 3
3. Duke Nukem Forever 2
4. Portal 2
5. Portal

I think with 2 they tried to go for, 'YAY SCIENCE' I guess. It's a shame in my eyes.

SPCAE REEDDIT POOP JOKES XDXD

>t.19 dillan

Hey dipshit playtesters have no say over what gets changed or removed from a game. It's the designer that listens to their feedback them and decides to make the wrong choice.

Remember when this was going to be the new "THE CAKE IS A LIE"?

(You) have to be a master baiter.

Did you play the game? The closest thing to that is their potaDOS joke they kept pushing, but even that wasn't too bad. That was like they were trying to make another meme but it felt weird once you know they were doing that.

I initially read the url in the lower left corner as "shitlord.com"

I have no idea what that's in reference to.

I thought "SPAAAAAAAAAACE" was supposed to be the next epic Portal meme.

i think they were trying to strike meme gold by brute forcing things like potato, bird, space, lemons, etc. seems like someone thought 'how many objects can we force into funny situations to make a new hot viral meme?' really fucked the storytelling for me

They were literally throwing memes at the wall to see if something stuck

Its not a meme if it didnt exist before the game came out. A game using its own running jokes isn't a meme, you're probably just mad its so popular.

Did you even play Portal 2?

>valve thought a hoop would become a meme

huh

youtube.com/watch?v=g8ufRnf2Exc

I liked him

can we make it a meme now because it would be ironic after all these years or no?

I liked him too tbqh, I think it was mainly thanks to J.K. Simmons though

There's a lot of dialogue in that game.
I can't remember all of it.

Yeah, no way I'd remember something so remarkably forgettable.

Yeah sure, as long as we make Milhouse a meme too

>no way I'd remember something so remarkably forgettable.
During that scene, glados is basically climaxing and rooting for cave johnson to burn people's house down.

It's also right after finishing a puzzle.

No Deal.

It's also among the sea of jokes the game throws at you.
I remember many locales but practically no written line.

Maybe you have adhd then.

This was a Triumph

Spoken like a true autistic.

I'm with ya. He did a great performance.

On the subject of playtesters

Top quote.

The first one of course. Not saying Portal 2 is a bad game but several things annoyed me through the entire game.
>Wheatley is an annoying cunt, doesn't even have a robot voice and he is a literal retard.
>Glados is passive agressive instead of "robot who doesn't understand humans"
>Puzzles are way easier, it's always just looking for the white panels contrary to the first game were everything was white, no challenges this time around either.
>co-op exclusive content with epic hats.
>That ending was bullshit, no way a portal beam can go so far away.
Portal 2 felt like Portal 1 streamlined to hell and back with a lot of padding in between levels, 70% of the game feels like a tutorial, that and the fact that listening to Wheatley is unskipable makes replaying the game not an option.

Portal 2 sucked ass

No, Millhouse is not a meme

youtu.be/TluRVBhmf8w
This trailer is great

>I never hear or read people parroting Cave Johnson lines
You haven't heard the "I don't want your damn lemons xD" stuff around? Granted it wasn't as widespread as the cake stuff.

I loved portal 2 but haven't played the first one. It was short and pretty easy but the tone and storytelling was amazing.

I really fucking miss the old Valve.

youtube.com/watch?v=NIS7m7YYEXI
pretty sure Valve hired mentally challenged people as playtesters

milhouse is not a meme is a meme, making milhouse a meme by association

I'm so that should speak for itself, but no, I really haven't.

>playing/enjoying games that were designed to appeal to women

top fucking kek, this is what is wrong with gaming.

>muh combat is evil
>muh male protag is evil
>muh traditional game elements are evil

Get raped irl fucking beta faggot. Portal is mode for women, if you enjoy it you are a sissy fag.

It is a fucking boring game with mediocre puzzle elements, 2 has le normal fag big bang faggotry humor for the normies and women, lmfao.

This is why I have 0 valve games on my Steam account, they made a good game selling client/service, that is all, their games suck dick and it was a wise choice of them to stop making games.

If they make half-life3, that might change.

It was obvious sarcasm you retardfucks.

Portal 2.
The multiplayer co-op had better puzzles than anything in either game and the story mode of 2 was pretty fun too, even if the middle turned into a slog.

go away millhouse

I-I was only pretending to be retarded guys!!

this pasta tastes bitter

i'm still laughing at you, dumbass.

Why does no one ever mention the Portal downgrade?

the trailers looked so much better than the actual game.

Cave Johnson is great, pleb. Fuck off.

1 because it was simple and perfect. i loved the cube idea, ratman and glados which we could still think was just a computer with a feminine voice.

2 ruined everything because they added a disney sidekick character and gave glados a personality.

both

because the gameplay and music made up for it.

what you talking about? 2 is harder than 1.
you are just hipsters