MyNintendo hate thread? MyNintendo hate thread

MyNintendo hate thread? MyNintendo hate thread.

>Oh boy, it's Oct. 1st, that means new MyNintendo rewards
>Maybe there will FINALLY be something half decent that doesn't suck dick

>Rewards are actually removed
>No games at all beyond Zelda Picross
>Just Miitomo bullshit, 3DS themes they've already offered and fucking useless software discounts

Are you fucking kidding me with this shit, Nintendo? No games AT ALL? None even for gold coins? Who can I call at Nintendo to complain about this? Club Nintendo was mediocre but this shit has me dreaming about an alternate reality in which CN never died and we still get half-decent rewards. I didn't think it was possible, but they keep making this "reward program" less rewarding with each passing month.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0ecJ2_yOX_0
nintendo.com/games
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why don't you buy the games you want instead of waiting for them to become rewards?

what did they mean by this?

>the only rewards they added were "new" themes that were already on there and a discount for Ultimate NES Remix

The latter one is just insane because they already gave away Ultimate as one of the last Platinum rewards on Club Nintendo.

Because he's underaged& with no source of income and no grasp of consumerism

why buy at all when you can pirate them all

Youcumbutshekeepsuckin.jpg

I'd like a reward program that's actually rewarding, call me crazy. Club Nintendo got tons of shit but it was still half-decent if you wanted software, they swapped out games every month and there were at least 2-4 to choose from. And you could register physical games for points.

They REMOVED all the games offered for gold coins today. What are people supposed to spend them on now? Software discounts that bring the digital copy of the game down to what a physical copy already goes for on Amazon?

>His parents didn't upgrade him to this beastly machine
sucks 2 be u

The 3ds and wiiu were made for piracy.

Also the new shantae beach themes sweet

the flames make it faster, so less loading screens

you mean DS and Wii, right?

Club Nintendo was heaps cool, i got these a2 size zelda posters from them.

I singed up for My Nintendo before it went live, did fucking nothing with it and already forgot about it months ago.

It's absolute trash. Somehow it's worse than Club Nintendo.

>Being American

Euro rewards are pretty good

The 3ds lets you install anything off the freeshop with just a titlekey.

But they are the same shitty discounts for Europe

How is it pretty good?

We've got stuff like Bayonetta

Kek, fucking Bayo. You can probably get it cheaper second hand.

Also Persona Q, Harmoknight, and a bunch of other stufd

that Shyguy was the best character in that whole game

>We've got the game most people can find for less than twenty dollars
Bayonetta is practically a Nintendo Select.

Can't just post it without the followup

Some indies as well. Picked up X-Type the other week

But they're still just shitty 15/30% off coupons for the digital versions of those games when you can get physical copies for a similar price already.

The coupons are just fucking worthless, if they were applicable to physical purchases I'd be all over them but why the fuck would I ever pay for digital?

Well that's like your opinion my dude

>americans bitching about something most of europe never had in the first place

>Not going digital knowing the future Nintendo consoles arent BC
Cuck.

but wouldn't he have to spend a hundred or two dollars on new nintendo games a year to get to the point where he can get free games
how is that being poor?

Nintendo can't do this....

They can't make me feel.

What a terrible day for rain.

But you do have them? And you had superior CN rewards for years too.

Salty as fuck, eh?

I'm not interested in Color Splash at all, but I'm glad that the writing is a huge improvement over Sticker Star.
Fuck, that Shy Guy actually made me feel something.

tfw when i really wanted that wario game but wanted to wait cuz i thought i could spend my coins on better games.
>No more free games.

For digital-only stuff I guess they're okay, but 15% is just not enough of a discount to make them worthwhile.

Just about any game that's available at retail is already as cheap or cheaper than the price after that 15% coupon, and it's a physical copy to boot. The pricing on the gold discounts is fucked to, you need to spend a good $70 on digital games to get a small discount on a $20 game that, again, is already available for that price when you buy physical.

The coupons suck, why would you use them when you can just get the game on amazon or ebay for less in the first place?

>tfw I barely snagged Warioware
Man this game is fun
How am I supposed to unlock all the toys after I'm done with getting all the characters though?

They're digital and thus there's a chance I can transfer them to the new Nintendo console? Convenience of having a digital copy?

Stay salty.

>you need to spend a good $70 on digital games
£36, actually. It's 5 gold coins per £5

>Stay salty
No, I'll stay peppery.

>They're digital
you know you can get digital copies cheap too

You have to replay them and score a certain amount of points.

Ok but
I've scored over the "score x points to pass" though and it seems like there are more empty spaces in the toy room to fill

Club Nintendo was better, You could get virtual console games after like registering 2 games. MyNintendo just gives 30% DISCOUNTS for a shit load of gold coins. If you want VC games you need a lot of gold coins. Nintendo being a Jew.

I just realized I have the means of getting every Nintendo game for free

Fuck that company

>NES Remix 2 for a fiver
SOLD

It's not consistent across all rewards though, especially the US rewards. 80 gold coins for 30% off a $20 game. That's at least $80 worth of digital purchases to get $6 off Mario Golf when It's already as low as $10 without the case on ebay. Completely, utterly worthless and pointless.

Have you done the mix elevators yet?

>If you want VC games you need a lot of gold coins
There aren't even VC games up for gold coins right now, they took them down today.

You mean the ones needed for the crowns? I've only done Wario's

Fuck off? Fuck off.

All silver crowns unlocks a toy that unlocks other toys
All gold crowns unlocks a toy

Oh that explains it
Thanks then user, time to get going on the crowns (other than Wario, his is gold). Ashley's is going to be a a bitch to do.

>black twitter maymay
>named himself after a 2016 ""meme""

>An actual, not false-flag bullshit thread bashing Nintendo for something they actually deserve to be bashed for
>"Fuck off"
Cred Forums really is just contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

>Expecting good things from NIntendo

>not using this as a keyboard

>Give me a special gift for my birthday
>Discounts on games I already have.
Gee, thanks.

That thing is huge

why is the escape key so huge

>Club nintendo
>ALL THESE GAMES BASED NINTY
>Mynintendorewards
>reeeeeee you just dont get consumerism

At least I got Tropical Freeze at the end of club nintendo.

>new super mario 7 or whatever the fuck is still nearly 53 bucks

I knew I should've gotten Metroid II. Who would have guessed that gold points would be even more utterly useless?

>have too many plat coins
>spend some on the Pushmo coupon because digital only anyway
>plan on waiting for game to go on sale for double savings
>coupon has expiration date
Well I guess this is Nintendo's plan for never putting their games on sale.

shy guy is kill?

no

shy guy is very kill

ples no

i buy colored splash?

idk
he is ded

ok

thank

yw user
be saef

>new super mario 7 or whatever the fuck
Only four NSMB games and they came out over a decade on four different platforms. No idea why people still use it as the posterchild for "rehashing" when it's so far and away from being anywhere close to the worst offender.

Because despite coming out on four platforms across two generations, they all look the same.

I expected shit and was still disappointed. Honestly, they can't even give the U.S. that shitty fucking Samus theme with the music that is horrifically out of place? They just bring back the ones they had before?

I hope by NX they start releasing more things to get on MyNintendo. Club Nintendo offered less popular games like Dillon's Rolling West, NES Remix and VC titles, so maybe for example when NX is out they offer semi popular 3DS/Wii U games, like Captain Toad's Treasure Tacker or Mario and Luigi Dream Team.

THIS
H
I
S

>New on DS
>New on 3ds
>New on Wii
>New on Wiiu

Shit, it's really only 4? Well, either way they all look the same and I can't imagine people are clamoring to play them anymore.

>Well, either way they all look the same
They may look the same, but each of them has different content and level design in terms of structure to play. They are not really rehashes as you may think.

There came a point where I noticed I had enough platinum points to redeem one of every reward, and there was abso-fucking-lutely nothing I wanted.

And there's still nothing.

The My Nintendo exclusive themes are also ugly bullshit that are lazily put together with render assets and none of the design of the Club Nintendo themes.

For fucks sakes I put together a better Metroid theme in the absence of an official one.

Jesus christ, that still looks better than what NA's rewards look like. It's still the same shit that's been there the last several months. Not even the Samus theme.

I've played most of them, the 3ds one being the exception. Only have the Wiiu one because it came with the thing.

They're not awful games, but they feel pretty similar to me. I just wish you could actually use Yoshi outside of the 5 or so levels it's in

The MyNintendo ones are not good, but don't cherrypick. I have the Hanafuda themes ones and they look pretty good, along with nice music.

The Bravely Second one they had a few months back was pretty nice.

Well I mean the ones that are just 3D renders of Nintendo characters on a "My Nintendo" theme.
Nice themes have appeared on My Nintendo like the Bravely Second one, but the Jibanyan theme I'm pretty sure was commercial in Japan, for some reason they made it My Nintendo exclusive whilst the other three Yokai Watch themes you have to buy.

Pretty sure the Hanafuda Mario characters theme was Club Nintendo though, unless there's some other My Nintendo theme I didn't know about?

Bravely second theme user here
I'd agree with you there, the MN render themes look stupid as hell. Jibanyan is fair but the music is irritating.
Tbqh I bought all the MN render themes anyway since I have jack shit to use the coins on otherwise and they only take up a few blocks.

I did the same thing.

Anything Sega or Pokemon related tends to be amazing

That is true. I love those themes.

>succ

This. There isn't a single Hanafuda theme that isn't good.

Also we need more game & watch themes.

>The rest of Europe/PAL gets additional discounts on the new Nintendo Selects plus discounts on shit like Bayonetta, Mario Golf, NES Remix.
>Australia doesn't even get nothing.
I've got 280 fucking coins, I refuse to use a single fucking one on fucking SNES Pilotwings. I fucking hate SNES Pilotwings.
My Nintendo is actually turning me off buying games on Nintendo platforms if I can get them on other platforms. It just feels like a waste thanks to how shitty this rewards system is.

I passed on Super Mario 64, Metroid Fusion and Super Mario Kart because I thought it might be better to see what they'd get replaced with.
>tfw I got two months of fucking nothing.

why is it called My Nintendo
fuck you give me a nintendo

>he still thinks nintendo won't go full mobile

just move on already you idiots. it's time to abandon nintendo, they already don't give a fuck about you

Are you just NOW realizing how shit My Nintendo is? I dropped out of that shit back in July when I saw they were giving us a massive shaft up the ass with their offers.

It's never a good sign when they only want to reward you for digital purchases and physical shit (aka the stuff I would just steal the mynintendo code from used copies at Gamestop/etc) is made meaningless.

But Zelda.

If they drop all video games for mobile I'll just stop playing most games, desu. Microsoft and Sony haven't offered anything interesting this gen, and I'm OK with playing AoE 2HD for the rest of my life.

NOA is probably "punishing us" because of the fedora force flop and the lolpaper leak.

I won't be getting NX, the sooner I close the door with nintendo bullshit, the better, Now I only hope my gamepad doesn't break.

Man the self entitlement here is sickening almost. You people need to remember the world doesn't revolve entirely around you. Its not that hard to see that much of the new service was likely designed more with NX and their mobile games in mind. I recall a rumor a while back ago that NX would allow you to earn points for completing achievements

>not buying a second wii u once they hit $99

Nintendo was expecting Miitomo to be a bigger hit. I mean literally 1/3rd of the currency is Miitomo coins.

The fact they allow things like Skunk Bundle onto their paltform but punish fan projects should be a fucking death sentence for them.

Fucking despicable. I was indecisive on how to handle them until I played the Skunk Bundle and it said "OFFICIALLY LICENSED BY NINTENDO".

I am never giving them another cent as long as I live.

>>No games at all beyond Zelda Picross
I am actually pretty upset about this.
I had a choice between Warioware or Zelda Picross, and I had calculated that I wouldn't be able to afford both before they were to be removed from the rewards program.
So if I went for Warioware I wouldn't be able to get 1000 new coins before Zelda Picross was to be removed. And if I didn't grab Warioware immediately it would be automatically removed from the program.

While I absolutely love Warioware and don't care so much for Picross. I figured it would be the sensible thing to do to just get Zelda Picross anyway. The supposedly MyNintendo exclusive game that you can't get anywhere else. In comparison to Warioware that I actually have a physical copy of.
Figured I could deal without Warioware on my 3DS, I already played the game anyway. So I'll just spend all my coins on the exclusive game instead.

And now Warioware is gone and Zelda Picross is there forever.
If I had gotten Warioware instead of Zelda Picross, I would have been able to get both.
Fuck.

>Y-YOU'RE JUST ENTITLED

Go fuck yourself, you worthless cocksucking corporate enabler.

So what went wrong with Club Nintendo and Mynintendorewards?

Where did it all go so wrong?

You must have calculated incorrectly or started late then. You would have had enough time to get coins for both from the four weekly logins.

I thought Zelda was there until the end of October, not the beginning.

You're fucking retarded.

>Nintendo allows garbage indie shit on their platform, skunk fags had to pay a Nintendo license to get their game there and Nintendo gets money from every unit of garbage sold

Meanwhile

>literally who faggot working on a ROM edit for 10 years with Nintendo assets releases the hack on PC for free a few days before Nintendo is to release their Metroid Fedora force game

Do you even complain about the massive levels of shovelware on steam?

I guess thats why you shouldn't redeemed all those Wii Mini codes that you used a Hexidecimal code for and stole upon 10,000 Copies of Kid Icaris Uprising and others.

AND ATTEMPTED TO GET THE ZELDA STUFF YET NINTENDO CAUGHT ON AND DISABLED THE REWARDS FOR PHYSICALS.

Fuck you. I got all my digital freebies. Didn't even care about the physicals.
Only way for me to get back into Nintendo is that they start to offer more *MATURE* games onto their platforms like pic related.

I missed the first two weeks and didn't get the pre-register bonus.

Nintendo was to phase it out anyway. Midway through club Nintendo they stopped making physical rewards and settled for digital games.

I think all those people cheating the system made Nintendo back off from making good rewards for My Nintendo.

Besides that, I really think my Nintendo was intended to be used with the NX and Miitomo/any future mobile game.

120 coins per week should have been able to get you both without miitomo

>birthday in october
>get nintendo happy birthday e-mail today even though today isn't my birthday
>30% off select games
>check it out
>it's all shit
>check out rewards section
>it's all shit

kinda lame

Source vid?

AM2R was built from the ground up and none of the assets were taken from another Metroid title.

It's not a rom hack.

I already got all the clothes I wanted, and I'm pretty sick of Miitomo, I was waiting for this update to see if I should keep going, cause I liked Picross a lot.
Since two weeks ago, I only answer "No" to all questions and ditched the other people answers.
I can't believe they actually expected it to become so big, the app lacks so much of what could have been.

>I guess thats why you shouldn't redeemed all those Wii Mini codes

What? Fill me in pls.

also post mores qt skellyfu

>120 coins per week
You don't get 120 coins per week.

>replying seriously to /vg/'s shitposting nigger

Yes you do.
>30 miiverse login
>30 eshop login
>30 weekly coin beside Mii
>30 for logging into MN from the Nintendo website

I regret nothing, faggot.
I would wiimini again, and rejoice at their incompetence and greed.

People abused the shit out of Club Nintendo, so Nintendo made it digital only but forgot to put in good rewards. Everyone knows the coupons are shit, Miitomo stuff is not what the majority want, the My Nintendo themes are lazy and ugly, and the games they did have took too long to cycle out.

I'm pretty sure they'll add games back into the list later in the month, but the lack a schedule and not replacing rewards when they expire is stupid.

Nintendo needs to:
>increase coupon discounts to 40% or more
>offer good themes from the theme shop instead of these My Nintendo stock art ones
>change games out monthly and on a timely schedule
>give more exclusive games

Yeah you do.
>Sign into Miiverse (web browser counts)
>Sign into Nintendo.com, .co.uk, etc
>Sign into eShop via Wii U or 3DS
>Sign into My Nintendo website and click the coin

And that's your 120 coins a week.
The visiting of the official website is an unlisted mission, but it happens automatically.

youtube.com/watch?v=0ecJ2_yOX_0
second webm is in desc

>eShop
>Miiverse
>Nintendo.com
>coin by your mii

This. Off Nintendo's own servers nonetheless.

They seriously dropped the ball with online. It's surreal.

Nintendo hates everyone that isn't Japanese, seriously. Look at the shit Japan got with Club Nintendo, it's completely unfair.

Japan's My Nintendo is pretty shit now too.
They no longer have the Kid Icarus shorts and they also got the crappy themes back.

>one person is Cred Forums
>corollary: Cred Forums is one person

Retard.

There was a glitch @ Club Nintendo where people would redeem guessed codes which were by way of adding numbers up and substracting. Meaning there were over millions of Wii Mini codes which people could guess.
Before June hits there was a wave of people who were making threads of Code Nintendo. Sharing official codes and selling digital copies of games where people were too lazy to employ the trick themselves.
It was quite a scheme. Nintendo took long to notice that alot of their coins are being redeemed in large volume so they cancelled (nearly) everyones Platinum rewards for the Physical Zelda goodies.

>>Sign into Nintendo.com, .co.uk, etc
I don't have that
>>Nintendo.com
What the fuck is this? There is no such mission in my list. Did Nintendo fuck over my region?

I only have the MyNintendo login, Miiverse login, and eShop login for weekly missions.

The NSMB games can vary in quality by good amounts. NSMBDS is alright, Wii is good, 3DS is terrible, and U is great.

The games are all similar but that's not a bad thing if you like that type of game. It's like Megaman, all the Classic games are similar to each other but Megaman fans consider that a good thing, because they like that exact style of game.

>so they cancelled (nearly) everyones Platinum rewards for the Physical Zelda goodies
Except they didn't. Tons of people got their bags and shit.

I just told you the "Visit the official website" mission is fucking unlisted.
If you fulfil it, it'll appear on your points history.

Yeah.. MyNintendo is a garbage. But the Japanese were favored with Club Nintendo. Hell even the EU got better stuff than Americans did.

>Better Writing
>Good visuals
>But shitty paint/card combat

Why?

You must be the minority that employed the glitch early on. Because the threads past Feb tell otherwise.

>The visiting of the official website is an unlisted mission, but it happens automatically.

I'm assuming that's one of the reasons they closed it down.

For fucks sake. It works.
How the fuck should I have been able to figure that out? For what purpose is it unlisted?

>minority
Cred Forums wasn't the only place that knew about the wii minis

I thought they had a few assets used from Super Metroid or Fusion, can't remember which. The dev wanted to replace them so it could be entirely original but now can't because of the C&D preventing further updates.

Americans got fucked because of shipping costs.

Same reason Nintendo still haven't told us shit about the NX or don't announce games until mere months before they're released.

Nintendo likes secets. They even hid coins on thier E3 stie.

nintendo.com/games

Also, there is people in this thread that didn't wiimini, I feel pity for you.

it was closing already, so they gave a lot of (meh) rewards, that's what made it so good. See Starfox3d and Sticker bullshit in the rewards now? those we got free, among others.

I remember I quit coming here after gg, so I figured it out weeks later, I did my stuff in a week, then it still last for like another two, stupid NOA, keeps hiring cheap liberal faggots who can't do shit right.

They were shutting it down before the exploit was discovered.

That's fine though. It's tied to an event.
To be perfectly honest though I have visited the official site quite a few times after first having logged into MyNintendo. And I have noticed a few times that I have had a few more coins than I expected, but I never put 2 and 2 together. I mean, fuck.

>built from the ground
>didn't reuse any assets

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
that must be bait

that mouse is cute

They fucking ripped everything off from Super, Fusion and SPECIALLY Zero Mission

Even the sound effects are extremely similar (if not the same) to ZM, not to mention the movement and animations

You must be new to the series.

100% Truth.

Show me any asset they pulled from another Metroid game.

Someone post the comparison of the yellow face statue tiles.

>none of the assets were taken from another Metroid title
The majority of it comes from Zero Mission.

I've been playing Metroid for over 27 years, user.

Metroid for the NES was my very first video game.

I can easily tell the difference between AM2R and the official Metroid titles.

I think it is YOU who is new to the series.

That's Metroid Zero Mission.

None of those assets are in AM2R.

and...

Other then straight out hacking the New 3DS what other ways can I rip off Nintendo in ways that will allow me to get their games for free yet gain coins to get Physical goodies (if Nintendo's not being Jews)

That WiiMini Code exploit was nifty. Hope something like that (or in similarity like it) would happen again.

you can't deny they're EXTREMELY similar

>My Nintendo

This program is so worthless that I constantly forget it even exists. At least I got Wario Land 3 from it on a whim. Not like there was anything else of worth up for grabs. Club Nintendo was far more interesting than this Miitomo-pedaling shit.

Prove me wrong. Prove me they don't look alike with only minor changes.

>playing over 27 years
>implying it means shit between being fucking blind and noticing when graphical assets are basically the same

Burden of proof is on the accuser. If you want to prove AM2R pulled assets from Zero Mission or other Metroid games, you have to prove yourself right.

But they aren't the same. And you'd either have to be blind or ignorant to say they are.

why jibanyan

You're right, they aren't the same, at least he disguised most of them with a few new pixels

I used to do that when I was 11
It was fun
some call Romhacking, but you may call it The Savior of Metroid Franchise if you prefer

I guess I made the right choice spending my coins on Metroid Fusion a few months back.

Same here. Already got all the games I wanted. That and Mario Kart were good choices.

you did indeed. Are you enjoying it?

Can some user please post the download for Color Splash?

They rearranged the rewards into 3 sections, miitomo, discounts and content; yet they added nothing except Nes remix 3ds from this morning.

I was planning to clean my wish list, so I was waiting for the new rewards to help out, now you can go to hell, along your stupid soon to be failure nx.

Incorrect

That's what you get for being a Nintencuck. Nintendo hates their fans!

>353505237
the argument died m8, let it rest.
At least post what you don't like about MN instead of going back to the metroid thing

Not everyone got their stuff taken away. If you didn't go overboard there was a chance they wouldn't notice, like one or two Wii Minis max.

NOT LIKE THIS

>None of those assets are in AM2R.
Completely different.
Original assets.
Just look at how redrawn they are and totally not ripped assets at all.

he's blue
dabadeedabadie

>Open Photoshop
>Tint the asset
>"Original Asset"

The Team Rocket theme is rad but that music is fucking awful. They couldn't even pick a battle theme?

You're trying too hard to make them seem sililar.

Aside from the color I spot at least 6 differences between the two.

B-B-B-B-B-BUT I'VE BEEN PLAYING METROID FOR OVER 27 YEARS

>Twilight Pricoss reward has been extended until further notice!!!!

Surprised no one, ever.

Fucking hacks.

Nice job.

>You're trying too hard to make them seem sililar
>literally single pixels thrown on to make it "different"

the fuck

I cheated with the Wii Mini. Got my games deleted and accounts banned.

>Came back at full rage a week later
>Watched a few hardware unboxing videos (those with less views)
>Surprisingly, lots of codes were not used, even when they were, I was able to "sister" those codes
>Got enough to get my games back, W101 included
>Ordered 2x 18-game cases
>They arrived before they noticed any uncommon activity in my new accounts
>Service got discontinued and nothing was taken away
>Got DKC Tropical Freeze as my final goodbye reward for hitting Platinum

Feels good man
There will never be anything better than good, old Club Nintendo

Pretty much this.

hahahahaha
That's a new meme

>Thinking it's a blatant copy-paste job when it clearly isn't.

It'd be simpler to rom hack in that case.

There's a very clear difference between Fusion and Zero Mission

AM2R, on other hand, is too similar to Zero Mission, it's almost like the dev either tried to play safe or just didn't have enough resources to come up with its unique art style and assets, so he ripped off a few and tried to make them look a bit different.

>ripped

Stop using words you don't know the meaning of.

>Muh Fangame

Eben though it's just a shitty 15-30% off discount I'd say Persona Q is a step in the right direction. All of the digital games and discounts they've given out so far have been 1st party games which most people own already. So expanding it to 3rd party games that not everyone owns is a good thing.

Fuck that's depressing

So what is the consensus on Color Splash? It seems that a majority believes it's better than Sticker Star.

Better than Sticker Star, worse than other Paper Mario titles.

Christ Nintendo, why is this game gonna be garbage yet you pull out good writing

It's a good game, just plays nothing like PM64 or TTYD.

for you

7/10 I liked it

>NA gets discounts.
>EU gets discounts.
>Australia gets nothing.
Fuck this shit.

maybe nintendo zuck ya dick

Where the fuck is the right shift button? Why is escape so big? Where are the function keys? Why is there water inside the mouse?

The writing got a lot better and the chapters are a step up from Sticker Star's, but the battle system wasn't fixed at all and NPCs are still strictly generic Toads and Shyguys. (Though I guess that's at least something better than only Toads)

To be fair, I don't think the creator denied/denies having ripped off a lot, both in terms of assets and outright design.

It's the people who desperately feel like defending AM2R who does.
Personally I feel like AM2R was an amazing game, but it is an utter rip-off. But that's also what it was supposed to be.