?

Yeah its gonna be real fun having to use the keyboard like this to type

>poorfag tripfag can't afford Japanese Quality

Retarded?

¡where's ▐the┌ num╚pad?╞

rocking picrelated tho

>perfect mechanical keyboard by Filco
>it's le no fun to use it to type

Numpad is for office rats, no one need it at home.

haha what kind of a fag still uses his keyboard at a desk

no I'm literally just curious why

>das

Sorry dude...

>tenkeyless

I think he meant to see what keys are what because they're printed on the front of the keys instead of the top

>TKL
lol

I feel bad for all of you.

Is Ducky a meme keyboard?

>all these retards with "muh compact" tenkeyless keyboards

????

Are tkl users latent consolefags?

How often do you use numpad?

Oh wait, never because you are not a bank accountant.

It's just waste of space between a keyboard and a mouse.

I want something with blue switches but can't find it anywhere in my country.

Memes aside, I heard the razer switches are the most similar, what do you guys think?

It's just faggots from Cred Forums coming over to shitpost.
Every time these threads pop up the people posting their tkl keyboards are the same pictures I see on Cred Forums.

top lel mate

>How often do you use numpad?
All the fucking time.

I have pic related. Honestly, I could never give up number pad, ever. Macro keys are also very nice to have as well.

My only complaint about this board is the aluminum plating that the board is soldered to. It actually is much more annoying, compared to the plastic attachment macro board. I can slam the macro keys all day and it's a nice soft click. But the main board above the aluminum, reverberates sound significantly more. It clangs and pings all the time, very annoying.

I do use it pretty often.
I was just using it a moment ago when playing Elite: Dangerous.

I always use it when I type numbers into whatever too. My keyboard is already a pretty compact design so the size doesn't bother me.
So get fucked.

>Is Ducky a meme keyboard?

Meme?

It's one of top-3 best Asian keyboards among Filco and Leopold.

is there a reason this thing costs $200

Just curious, do you use all those macros for anything other than MMOs?

yes, smaller keyboard with uglier colorful keycaps = more upvotes on rdt/mechkeyboards

>needing numpad for numbers

Retarded?

>Not using a lightsaver.

>choosing the most comfortable and faster option means you are retarded

Might as well kill yourself now, user.

PBT keycaps
Topre switches
Feels great to type on
Sounds good to type on

That's pretty much it. It's the best keyboard money can buy, but it's still just a keyboard.

Literally all the fucking time, you inefficient loser.

I want penumbra keyset for my filco so fucking much...

Meanwhile before Penumbra gets a re-release I'm considering to use this Ducky PBT

>tfw all good keycap sets are overpriced as shit

>best keyboard
>no numpad
>no function keys even
yeah sure

there is literally no reason to buy small keyboards unless you want to post your faggotstation in bst threads

Yes.

I have several dedicated to MSI Afterburner, hotkeys for toggling the OSD, blocking the OSD, taking screenshots, recording video, changing OC profiles.

Then I have a block of keys dedicated to mouse functions. Sometimes at night when my girlfriend is sleeping behind me, I will prefer to use the soft quiet keys (have cherry reds) to reduce noise signature.

Beyond that, you can use it for Windows shortcuts, I'm not legit enough to put brain power behind it yet but I've heard there are some really good shortcuts that you can macro and it makes Windows life a lot better. One day I'll get around to it. For the time being, it's nice to have it there for the stuff I already do use, and for the stuff I will in the future. Keyboards last years, even a decade if the hardware holds up. I am happy having a complete package.

>das keyboard
my fellow brother

Because I use the far superior Vortex Pok3r, with ergo clears.

Such a fucking amazing keyboard, and at such a good price for it's features and build quality.

HHKB is a meme board, and is not worth the money. Topre switches are overpriced and overrated for what they are. People just buy these things to show off to other people on Cred Forums.

I do actually

what features

>Literally all the fucking time, you inefficient loser.
>>choosing the most comfortable and faster option means you are retarded

Yeah you never actually need to use numbers if you are not working with them (aka bank accountant) and if you actually need a numpad for it then it's more efficient to get a separated one and place it on the left.

Well what can u expect from dumb plebs from Cred Forums.

i have this with clears

>nom nom nom shit's really good

>it's ok if I put this in my ass too?

Every damn post.

>1984+32
>not using pic related
ISHYGDDT

>keyboard thread
>it instantly gets shitted up by flaming faggots and their tiny keyboards riced out with tasteless chinese keycaps

>buying a keyboard because it sounds good when you type

i use this cooler master TK

i split my drink on it and it stilllllll works but space bar,,,, the L key and the comma key get stuck sometimes

Four layer programming and an aluminum case.
Nothing you would find on cheap boards.

Why spend money on expensive mechanical keyboards when the switch is all that matters and you can get one with the same switches for much cheaper?

The Pok3r is a great board but I much preferred my HHKB to it that I only use my Pok3r at work.

It has function keys, and I don't need to use a numpad. I'm not punching numbers in all the time, I rarely do. The only time I miss my numpad is when I log into my bank account, and if I really cared enough I'd get a numpad since you can buy them.

By removing my numpad I get more space on my desk and more importantly more space for my mouse. You want your arms at your sides when you're playing games - It's preferable to having your arms kinda sticking out because of your giant ass keyboard.

I use the 8 dollar MS Professional 200. It just werks.

That being said, if I was going to get an overpriced memeboard, it wouldn't be that Filco trash. Behold, your God, the Leopold FC900. It's like the Filco but not shit.

So, OP bought this hipster shit keyboard and is already having doubts on his purchase,

so now he is shitposting on Cred Forums about it, playing it, like he got the super keyboard in order to reassure himself over his shitty purchase.

No op, you are a fucking idiot and your keyboard is shit.

What makes a good keyboard?

im still using a blackwidow ultimate i picked up 4 years ago for 70 bucks. havent had any problems but the blue switches are starting to get annoying.

>Mechanical keyboards

>,,,,

A good keyboard is one that matches your preferences.

when playing roguelikes or arma 3

>more space on desk
buying a bigger desk wold probably be cheaper than this overpriced piece of shit

Recently bought a steelseries m800 after my old piece of shit died.

The keys are so much nicer than my old keyboard and the custom lights is so over the top it makes me smile.

Still haven't made use of the macro keys but I'm sure I'll figure it out eventualy

being comfortable to type on

being loud

>Go ahead, touch awesome.
This keyboard is a fucking.

It's the only way to fit three monitors, a keyboard, and a mousepad properly on my laughably tiny desk.

shill harder

>no arrow keys

how do you live?

I have three monitors, a 20'' mousepad and a keyboard with numpad and I do just fine.

What part of laughably tiny desk did you not get

>Using anything other than a 60% keyboard
>Getting "gaming" branded keyboards

see

My desk is very small as well. My point is that if you can fit three monitors you can fit a full sized keyboard and large mousepad too.
If your desk was tiny you couldn't have three monitors on it.

Opinions on this?
It's kinda big but that doesn't bother me.

Make a bigger fucking desk your plebeian fuck.

>Not knowing how to type without looking.
Idiot detected

You use the Fn, Pn, Right Ctrl and Right Shift keys as the arrow keys if you need it. Or you can program a layer to be more gaming oriented for example with arrow keys.

What mouse is that? Looks comfy as fuck.

No idea, I got the pic from google.

Or if I'm typing them at all on any computer in any context, like this box I'm typing into right now. I don't give a shit if I'm just speculating that the NX is going to launch at $299.99, or if I'm bewildered at how someone could be this stupid in

>2025 - the length of my dick

Any keyboard without a numberpad has no value or utility, and having a separate one that you use with your left hand is the most inefficient and retarded thing I've heard all week. Neck yourself yesterday, mongoloid.

>You want your arms at your sides when you're playing games - It's preferable to having your arms kinda sticking out because of your giant ass keyboard.

if a normal sized keyboard forces you to stretch your arms out to reach the mouse you must either be 5 years old or a fucking dwarf.

First of all, you can see the front side of your keycaps from a proper seated position.
Second, if you need to look at your keys to properly type you should not have been allowed to pass the fourth grade. Seriously this needs to be made mandatory. typing.com/ Go forth and conquer. One day even you will be a functional adult.

>Playing games with 5000 DPI

?

You can find a big desk 2000x800mm for ~$120 on office depot

Do you even Dwarf Fortress, faggot?

That's true, but buying a bigger room that could fit a larger desk would not be.

>My point is that if you can fit three monitors you can fit a full sized keyboard and large mousepad too.
That depends on the size of the monitors and the layout. I honestly have them at too tight of an angle to squeeze them in.

I have a meme mouse with 12 thumb buttons if I need a numpad anyways.

Made my own actually.

Sorry for the terrible quality. Kind of dark in here, and camera isn't so great.

Using gateron browns and greens.

Also you'll notice the right shift is actually an ALT key, and that the arrow keys are mismatched. I got the cheapest keycap set possible for $16

Nice.

>No other sizes of this image found.
Oh my...

>using a filthy jap keyboard when i could use a superior german das keyboard instead

>not using the ec2-a

b-but Iam, desu

>no numpad
L
M
F
A
O

Hey that's actually pretty cool.
I don't like compact keyboards but actually building your own is really cool and I can respect that.

Don't you have to angle your right hand in awkwardly that way? I wouldn't want to do that for any length of time. Really just seems like minimalism for its own sake to me, but I guess if the myriad weird cases never affect/bother you, then you go girl.

>simple minded retards need numpad because they use numbers once in a week to bind some MMO shit on it

my sides.

Roccat kone pure or kone xtd

here's your (you)

number pads are fully retarded

>unironically wanting a keyboard with less keys
You either play AAA trash exclusively or you don't play video games at all. Fuck off. Cred Forums

>Do you even Dwarf Fortress

Is that some indie shit like minecraft lmao

Fuck You all with your tiny desks!

>superior german das keyboard
They're made in Texas and are designed by a dude who has lived in Texas his whole life after he was born in Texas. The only things German about it are the company's name, the designer's name, and the designer's parents.

>takes up a few inches of desk space to be more useful on occasion
>this is a bad thing
Apple pls go

>not using a tenkeyless with reds or clears for competitive gaming

spotted the fucking WoW player boys

Fuck you australian!

>

>superior german das keyboard instead
>superior german das
>superior to Japanese Filco

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Fucking Australians man. Go fuck a kangaroo yer wanker

Yeah, was my first compact keyboard actually. Before this I used some HP keyboard that came with a real old desktop.

It's actually real nice to have my mouse right next to my left hand when I'm using the keyboard.

>

right, so the designers german parents spawn a superior german spawn who makes superior aryan keyboards

cool!

>letters / numbers are not on the keys

Bit stupid. but each to their own

>das shit

most of them are not even cherry switches

I have a Ducky keyboard and it seems pretty great. No frills and the floating keys are nice. Only thing that sucks is no media control function keys.

I also got a Unicomp bucking spring recently that is pretty neat to play around with. I don't use it a ton though.

I'd like to get one more mechanical keyboard that I could use for work. Are the Das keyboards any good?

i use a coolermaster quickfire with brown switches cuz i'm a filthy cheap pleb

it was only like 80 buxxx desu

This, that shitskin just got btfo.
Superior aryan genes make superior aryan keyboard.

>aryan superiority
>inbred superiority
Pick two. Blonde hair and blue eyes are both recessive traits, Adolf.
P.S. There's more Muslims than Aryans in Germany.

Compact Keyboard?

THIS IS A COMPACT KEYBOARD

>not inbreeding to keep the bloodline pure

shitskin mutt spotted

Damn that's pretty cool dude. How long did that take?

>your pure bloodline in three generations

>Taking up your whole desk with 100% kb
>Giving up all of the useful keys with a 60% keyboard
bruh

Best damn keyboard I ever had in my life.

>Bind them for in game callouts in team games
>Not using the numpad when typing in game passwords
>wanting to cramp multiple actions next to eat other instead of spacing them out appropriately

Nigga, even the most basic MMO's give you infinitely more control by binding the numpad. Hell, it's how I cast mudra's in FF14

sup with Cred Forums keyboard nerds raiding Cred Forums today?

fuck

I got an ugly keyboard to maych my ugly soul

>using your numpad for mudra
>taking your hand off the mouse to cast mudra
What the fuck is wrong with you?

>wanting your grand children to turn out like the english

You fool.

I already have four keyboards I don't need more.

I like it. When are Ducky keyboards going to get some fucking media control function keys?

where are my masterkeys pro s familia at

Ducky Zero owner here, pretty pleased.

>there are still a bunch of retards who think that DAS keyboards are not utter low tier garbage on par with Razer

Hello morons, Filco, Ducky and Leopold exist. And they are using quality switches and materials unlike DAShit.

Your mouse is the least important thing during boss fights in an MMO, user. What, you're going to tell me that taking your hands of WASD is a better alternative?

Also,

>Not binding mudras to arrow keys or 5123 on numpad
>Not doing fighting game-like inputs when channeling your ninja magic

You ain't playing Ninja right at all, nigga.

Not too long if you're competent as soldering.

I happen to be terrible at it, so it took me about 8 hours. The hardest part was probably fitting the stabilizers, and I have some chattering problems occasionally, but it's a whole bunch of fun.

Probably the most interesting part was programming the microcontroller. There's firmware out there that can be flashed easily so you don't have to tinker with it at all if you don't want, but there's stuff on git that you can actually customize for yourself if you want some neat macros and stuff.

No I have a G600 so I have my hands on movement keys, ability keys, and mouse at the same time.

I don't know how the fuck you could ever take your hands off your mouse. I move my camera around constantly.

I also don't play a NIN at the cap, but I still could never imagine casting mudra like that.

It makes me sad that I never find difficult things to be fun.

Seeing all theses keyboard without numpad is like seeing a wheelchair parade

>he spends all that money on a keyboard
>doesn't buy double-shot keycaps

You get over the numpad pretty quickly, and it's a worthy trade-off for having the mouse closer to your keyboard, so there's no need to open up your arms as much, which is less tiring. TKLs also just look a lot cleaner and more compact without the numpad, and I'd say that if you don't play MMOs and stuff like that, it's better than a fullsize.

>I also don't play a NIN at the cap
Have fun trying to run, cast without a single fuck up, stay in rotation, and not get AoE'd to death on end-game content, then. You probably move the camera WAY more than you even need to most of the time as well. Being able to move in any direction you want at any time while simultaneously keeping your actions going is essential to not being a shitty Ninja, and you don't really need the mouse most of the time to accomplish that.

>so there's no need to open up your arms as much, which is less tiring
This sounds like the lamest reasoning ever.

I mean, I can't imagine it being too difficult to reach a level of competency as NIN that isn't considered shitty just because I move my camera around and because I don't use the fucking numpad to cast.

It's actually legit. TKLs are a lot more ergonomic than full-sized keyboards because of that. If you actually give a fuck about proper ergonomics, which you should if you use a computer for extended periods of time, a tenkeyless board is better for you in the long run. If you use the numpad, you can just get a separate one to put on the left of your keyboard.

>you can just get a separate one
I could

>to put on the left of your keyboard.
That is disgusting.

This seriously sounds like some faux-ergonomics shit just like those wooden wrist rests. Do you have any thing to actually back up that TKLs are better for you?

>they fell for the mechanical meme

membrane feels comfy as fuck

>razer keyboard

I use pic related. Cost me 80€ and so far I really like it. I was a bit afraid of buying red switches but I ended up liking them more than browns.

>not the ZA13

I literally just got mine delivered today and it's fucking great. Just one small problem. I went for the brown switches, since everyone said it was the best switch for someone who has never tried mech keyboards before. I keep accidentally pressing the spacebar because the switch is so damn light and easy to activate.

Is it possible to swap the switch on my spacebar for something harder to press down? What switch would you recommend?

I'm loving the keyboard btw, the weight is so fucking solid, I'm happy I made this my first good keyboard.

If browns are too light for you, switch to blues.

>only 12.99 pounds
>lasts as long as I keep it clean
>perfectly comfortable
>not CLICKITY CLACKITY loud like your leet-gamer-keyboards
>has a play/pause button at the top
Honestly, the play/pause button is the crucial thing for me, I use that all the time

>QWERTY

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with a retard who has no idea what the fuck he's talking about. If you care about ergonomics and don't want to just joke around, you can read and try different stuff out, like I did. I had both a full-size and a TKL mechanical boards, and the TKL was more comfortable to use throughout the day, which is what I'm using right now. Whether you believe it or not I don't care, I'm just saying it's a legitimate reason for that layout to exist and it works for me.

>2016
>gloats about using a Filco, when they can't justify their price anymore
Hell, even Ducky which was the new shit after Filco stopped innovating is falling off.

>Membrane
>Razer
>le comfi
>RGB mousepad
>Blackberry
>5$ mouse
>LG monitor

Same keyboard senpai, wanna fug?

Winning the lottery is a recessive trait ya fuckin mudeye LOL

>not having at least 2 mechanical keyboards

jesus christ i thought you were better than this

What.

Do you look at the keys when you type?
This is bait I assume because it's Saturday and kids don't have school today. So more shitposting than usual.

But pretty good bait, actually. Have you been doing this long or are you just starting out? Because if you are wow. You have a natural talent for making people annoyed at (You).

I mean normally I see bait they haven't earned it but you earned that you.

>he bought the razor with the lower-than-shit-tier media buttons.

I care about ergonomics, just not faux-ergo shit.

>muh tired arms

sure dude, have fun

You too dude, don't forget to take care of your handcrafted cruelty free sunbathed wooden wrist rests too.

I literally only ever use the ten-key pad at work. Just get a compact keyboard for home.

I use a Ducky Shine motherfucker

sure thing man

>keycaps look like urine

Absolutely fucking gross.

Also SA shit is ABS garbage

yeah I like having to push the FN key to change the volume too.

>tfw use a $3 membrane because too jewish

Ducky boards have volume controls already. Everything else is already bound to another key.

Value boys

the better solution is to merge the arrow keys and the numpad together with a switch to toggle between them.

>Value boys

Are you 8 years old?

>tenkeyless meme
No thanks.

There should be a chart out there with the different actuation forces for switches. I believe there's a white and a clear switch that are heavier versions of browns.

As for switching it out, be prepared to solder.

>Bought K70 last year after Cred Forums splurges about mechanical keyboards
>End up turning all the lights off
>No longer even feeling a noticeable difference between my membrane at home and my mechanical keyboard

Did I get rused?

>getting so many autists triggered
upvote for you friend

We keyboardpost now?

works fine and I love the rgb, I see no problem here and it was cheap.

I use this with the blue switches

Hopefully I will get used to it. When I play games I rest my thumb on the spacebar and tend to press a little on it. If I can't break the habit, I'll look into replacing the switch.

As it is, I can barely type, I'm so used to having a massive rubber dome keyboard, that this sexy little tkl is just confusing for my muscle memory.

Strange you mention that OP, mine actually just died last week after 2 years.

8 of the keys shorted out (?) and now put up garbage text when you press them. The tab key actually hard resets the system now, which I have tested on multiple rigs. And I have no idea how to contact customer service to get support for this thing.

Great fucking keyboard, but I'ma little pissed I spent that much and it only lasted two years.

Keyboards. My new desk is lot smaller now so I don't have an updated pic. Clears and greens and BS and currently using greens.

How does it feel to use clears?

I only used blacks and now Filco browns.

Every keyboard I get from now on will have to have a volume knob after having this $20 thing

Clears are like browns but a little stiffer and definitely more tactile. I think browns are too light (the rosewill is an mx brown). But what I like about the clears is the good tactile pop. Clears are nowhere near as heavy as greens or buckling springs, so it is a great all around switch.

I think the reasons I use the greens more is probably more because I like the click than the extra weight, though I prefer heavy switches, I love the click.

how did you make the mounting plate? cnc?

>NERV esc keycap
w2c?

It's all laser-cut acrylic. You can design yours using some CAD program or use a preset from keyboard-layout-editor.

Do you have access to a laser cutter or did you order it somewhere where you uploaded the cad file?

>tramp stamp

Gross.

At the time I was in a university, so I had access.

But to get it cut somewhere shouldn't cost you more than $50 including the material.

Working on replacing it.

I think I got that one off "GeekKeys".