wipes party by taking all your turns and giving enemy unlimited smirks

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=wNlpuD42_BM

>Gaston jumps in!
>Uses 4 turns
>May you be blessed Nanashi!
T-Thanks Gaston..

I'm almost halfway there!

I am waiting for the day someone uploads an edit of this with smt Gastons face on disney gastons face..

Jesus

That HP is truly abysmal.

When did you decide to start raising your demonfu? I want to raise up a good Alice and I just reached egg, I don't want to use DLC untill I finish the game tho. Should I just wait untill NG+? Also how do I get dark pierce?

Dark Pierce is DLC

Dark Pierce is DLC-only.
The game is literally designed around you buying DLC, especially the endgame and optional content.
The DLC is also entirely cut content that's disc locked.

I did it a little after starting the fiend dungeon and discovering pierce was a thing. I just fused around a bunch til I got fairy with that move-pool then just Element'd her down. Wasn't too expensive though. Dark and Light pierce, however are DLC only I think.

Well fuck me then.

Does the DLC stuff scale with your level or am I already way too overleveled for it? I'm level 83.

Also are all DLC all avaiable for pirating already?

>Also are all DLC all avaiable for pirating already?
It has been out before the game even was officially released.

Most of the DLC is designed for late game except the pay to win DLC. I'm pretty sure you can pirate all the DLC. I've seen lots of screenshots of people accessing stuff that isn't out yet.

Pirates had access to all DLC since before Day 1 because LITERALLY ALL OF IT is disc-locked. The DLC you buy is just unlock keys.

And all the DLC except the grinding ones (some call them Pay2Win but all the endgame and non-grind DLCs are literally designed around you using the "Pay2Win" DLC) are extremely endgame.
Cleopatra is a Level 99 demon boss for example

Great.

If I have a EU 3DS I gotta do that NTR thing every time I boot up the game or just the first time to unlock the DLC and that's it?

>get to endgame in SMT4
>every fucking faggot boss uses either light or dark instant kill
>it hits almost every time

What the fuck is this shit? I never remembered instant kill attacks having such a high hit rate.

I have no idea what you are talking about, but I am EU too and I just did that txt filething with the title keyand it works perfectly for me.

You're supposed to use Luma to break DLC region lock since it's a more permanent option and much easier.
NTR DLC region lock breaking is way more involved and pointless when you can just do it in Luma (and then just launch NTR on top of that).

Fucks

Yeah I mean doing the .txt thing. Can Luma do it by itself without using NTR?

Do I have to emulate language every single time I want to play or just one time to unlock the DLC?

I am not really the best person to answer this question since I am totally clueless when it comes to this stuff,but I just left the txt file in the locales map and I never bother with it again after.

Yes I mean the "txt" thing. It's literally Luma's feature.
NTR is not even a CFW, it's just a shell that's loaded on top of it.
Think of Luma as Windows and of NTR like Steam in Big Screen Mode.

Use Luma's region emulation feature, launch NTR, play game. Simple as that.

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

Smile Charge, Concentrate, or both?

>The game is literally designed around you buying DLC, especially the endgame and optional content.
>The DLC is also entirely cut content that's disc locked.
Atlus is going down the shitter hard and fast, what the fuck is this garbage.

yeah her HP is shit but look how much she's overtaking the fucking fiends. She's gonna be goat at 99.

It's called SEGA.

Atlus became full jewish the second Index bought them out (and Index were literal yakuza). Index later got found out of their shady deals and so they got fucked, SEGA came in and swooped Atlus. SEGA is just as jewish as Index if not more though, so gg no re.

I think that happens to every low leveldemon you level up to lvl 99,because of those bonus statpoints when those demons level up.

>Smile charge when Asahi learns Cheer

>People didn't like Gaston

Why? He was the average trope IMMADTAKEMESERIOUSLYLINEAGE character that eventually matures and realizes what being strong/respectable actually means. But he wasn't poorly written or anything.

If anything Hallafaggot , Nozomi and Toki were the worst and him Asahi and Navarre were all alot more interesting. Navarre is probably one of the most redeeming characters in the history of games going from SMT4 to SMT4A. Although hes kinda a dumb faggot for not crossing over during the bonds ending why wouldn't he want to reincarnate and stop being a fat green ghost?

My only major issue with the game isn't even the incenses majorly being locked behind the DLC and the main game having very few HP/MP ones. Its the fucking Macca. The Macca part of the DLC feels so fucking necessary to have fun. I grinded for hours on Nocturne to get magatamas/end game fusions but those are like one time fucking things. Even making Metatron/Shiva/Bub doesn't take refusing to get the best fucking set of skills i had the perfect setup for all 3 without refusing at all.

But in this game its like you have to refuse lower level demons then back to upper ones and doing it even if you set shit down to skirmish for minimal spending takes so long because negotiating isn't shit and you can fly all around getting relics and only get 150k in like a hour and that is boring as shit.

Not having macca as a battle reward still feels like a massive issue to me and like Atlus only did it so you'd be forced to buy the DLC if you didn't wanna make yourself hate the game.

He was a hotshot cunt for sure, but that wasn't why I hated him. Although he did rub me the wrong way early on, he got a lot better once he chilled out a bit.
I don't like him because he uses all my press turns and gets me wiped because I couldn't set up. That's why I hate him.

P5 doesn't seem to have any of that stuff. Just a few outfit packs and specilal Personas from earlier games.

>be buy fag
>take 3DS of piratable version just to play this
>learn that theres fucking on disc DLC now
Fuck me, I wanted the fucking protag team up shit but I can't fucking support that.

I mean, I'm having a fucking blast with the game but hearing this almost makes me regret buying it.

>Andalusia
Still annoyed I can't put this skill on Nanashi.

All of which are disc locked. It's scummy.

>learning about disc locked DLC
And Atlus was one of the last game companies I really trusted.

Fuck digital distribution enabling this horseshit.

5.67 BILLION

Maitreya was a joke

>Blah blah I have observed countless worlds ect ect

So what was Krishna's plan?
At first he said he was going to start a new universe were record scratch isn't there and divide the humans among gods, because record scratch is a dick that made a fake conflict because of reason and he demoted all the other gods or some shit.
But when you fight Vishnu he say that he wants to make everyone one single being with him or some shit.
Was he lying to odin ,maitreya and the other gods?

He just wanted to bring salvation

Salvation from poo in the loo?

>2038
>STILL not following Maruology

The real grind begins once you hit 99.
Gotta get those incenses

Are Null/Drain/Repel passives less common this time around or am I just fusing the wrong demons?

How much incenses do you need to beat stephen on war?
I heard it was so ridiculous that you actually need to grind incenses if you want to live.

The most important thing to have is HP because there isn't a def stat, and MP because you're in for a long fight.

Thankfully those two seem the be the most common drops in the DLC.

How much?
As much as hero, aleph, flynn, demi-fiend?

I had 4k HP and 2K MP on all my guys and that was way more than I needed.

Is there a guide somewhere to create strong demons out of normally fodder ones (like mermaid)?

Just get all the skills you want onto an element.
aqiu384.github.io/smt4a-tool/
Use this to know what learns the skills you want and what they fuse into.

>Holds Asahi hostage as an obvious trap
>Attack him, don't even have her out
>O-oh how devilish of you
>Use partner as a meat shield for his all out attack
>Oh uh, w-well it looks like YOU'RE the real demon here you jerk!...(fuck fuck fuck)
>Stats increase, smirk and get a free hit
The best

>Huang Long isn't a special fusion
>Norn isn't a special fusion
>Ongyo-ki isn't a special fusion
>can't fuse any of the Defense Divinities besides Tenkai
What went so wrong?

Wait, demons can also get skill enhancement in SMT4:A now? How does that work?

Huan Long, Norn, and Ongyo-Ki aren't important.
Lucifer has stashed away the NDD items.
You can fuse National Defense Divinity Izanami.

It's not so much that they get enhancements and more that they have affinities with certain stuff. It's so demons are more unique.

>Satan is level 120

Does he need Fusion Booster X?

That or you get the level breaker DLC.

Welp. Guess I'll just spend the remaining points on compendium discounts.

>The Hunter Association sends six teenagers to fight the entire Eastern Kingdom of Mikado
>Somehow it's a surprise when shit goes completely South

does smt4 not have a vit stat? why?

>tfw you finish the enemy with a gun attack and they burst into a shower of blood

Ask Atlus.

>Hallelujah was hiding the fact that he's super busted OP because he didn't want us to know he was a demon
>Despite the fact that I've had a demon in my ass for the last week and nobody gives a fuck
That little retarded faggot could have saved me so many game overs

im stuck on this guy right now

love! toki! cute!

Cred Forums Pass user since June 2013.

I CAN'T RECRUIT DEMONS IF SHE KEEPS ONE-SHOTTING THEM

>Temporal blade
>The instant kill activated!

OBJECTIVE COMPLETE

>Toki has been a Cred Forums pass user since June 2013

>Bind
>Fundraise+
>Repeat

I mean, if you don't LIKE knowing how to play the game, that's your purgative. But whatever…

Prerogative.

>navigating the Chaos Realm
kill me now

NOT BAD
WASN'T EFFECTIVE
WHAT IS THIS FEELING

>purgative

So I fucked up selling my hacked 3DS is what you're saying? I want to support Atlus but jesus.

how do I beat KrishnaFlynn?

I just finished my first run through the game blind.

Not very good with these games so what are the broken demons to have to beat NG+? I'll even buy dlc if I have to...

>and nobody gives a fuck
Nozomi seems to think people would have a problem with you having Dagda up your ass right to the colon.

I NEED TO BREED TOKI

Goddamn these boss rushes are getting overwhelming

Not DLC but Matador has a 4-12 hitting physical attack that wrecks shit. Stack a bunch of physical skills on him like Bloody Glee and he just carves through enemies like a knife through butter.

>able to swap between a dubbed rom and an undubbed rom without losing my saves

Neat. Switching to the Japanese audio for a change will make NG+ more interesting.

>Atlus became full jewish the second Index bought them out

But user what about Nocturne Maniax, and P3 Fes, and P4 Golden and whatever i'm forgetting that was re relesed at full price with the equivalent of modern dlc content

>Don't worry guys, we won't do a thing like FES again for 4.
Shit, I believed them too.

Well it was a portable port, not a rerelease.

>tfw no Kaga

>P4G
>equivalent of modern dlc content

>tfw no Tayama
Abe a shit

Does anyone have that big picture with all the SMT games and what systems they're on?

ey boyo kill your friends and put a bomb in *record scratch*'s potato

>Hasn't grinded out skill affinity plans in Twisted Tokyo

Decent autism, could be better, 7/10.

Which demons drop the Dark Battle Plans, that's the question, or any Battle Plans for that matter

How much AP do you get on average by connecting to that DDS net thing every 2 hours?

It's on random AFAIK

I got Phys Battle Plans from Matador, so I'm assuming the drops correspond with what Pierce skill they normally have.

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN
THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL

Of course because I'm a skeleton, I HAVE no skin to begin with! YOHOHO!

why do you get a ending for siding with Chaos/Law?

The Polytheistic Gods Alliance is still around and needs to be dealt with

Or that.

Going by that logic I'd assume.. Mother Harlot? Trumpeter?

As far as I know the only demon who actually uses any dark magic is David.

Though I do know there are plans for every element type, including Almighty. So that means there are about ten battle plans and only nine bosses in Twisted Tokyo.

The only demon that has Dark Pierce is Mephisto who is a DLC exclusive iirc.

Don't you mean breed with Inanna?

Right, we're talking about the Battle plans though, not pierce.

I still think the plans you can get from the demons are random, but there could be 1-2 potential plan drops per fiend.

Sucks that you have to aggressively save scum those fights if you want those and the unique items

The Polythestic Alliance's plan hinged on you destroying Merkbah and Lucifer so they won't have any opposition for their plans. Plus, Lucifer was about to deal with them on chaos ending, hinting a confrontation at the Cosmic Egg.

Let me get this straight, if a want a overpowered mermaid, first i need to create an element with the skills i want, then get the demon before mermaid in her race and fuse them?

That works, be sure you have the proper element so you don't evolve down
And then you have to pump her full of incenses/Mitamas for stats

Can you even get mitamas in SMT IV A? they only appears in farm DLC and they cannot be recruit.

They're basically replaced by the element class demons.

I wished as I can side with Mother of All, she seems like a nice demon.

How fuck do I get to Hall of Eternity B? I've been running around this shithole for so long now.

>mfw Atlus' "translation" of the lust jar scene

SJW's would pitch a fit if Chaos Loli openly talk about making babies. Fear not, they left the other one in.

From the start of Ichigaya, face the right hallway and hug the left wall. There's a small alcove that is the outside of the elevator that leads to HoE B

No one's slick as Gaston
No one's quick as Gaston
No one's ____'s as incredibly thick as Gaston's

Apparently I had the location of HoE B known me to the whole time, but for some reason I thought that portal led back to A.

Is there a TL'd version of the original script?

Play the undub and know basic moon

Cred Forums Pass user since December 2012.

>do Massacre
>feel bad because friends are dead
>do Peace
>feel bad because Dagda got mind-broken
Fuck you Atlus

>Dagda got mind-broken
Was it lewd?

It was the "Emergence" of SMT games

God damn it, i'm workiong towards bonds and am having second thoughts about betraying my bro Dagda

I care more about him than I do those kids

>Play shitpost shitpost shitpost
>Faggot user since December 2012

I wish the game didn't have a mindbreak fetish and let me do my Massacre route in guilt
Instead you mindbreak Flynn and one of your friends and appear to just be an overall evil dickhead. I would have liked a "greater good" take on the whole thing to be honest

Hey man I'm just trying to level her right now. I said she's a work in progress in you know?

Twisted Tokyo is the worst dungeon of all time

[Y/N]

>tfw the boss repels gun and you one-shot yourself

>The first Odin fight
>I will never reach Valhalla

Wait, Salvation is in the game? I'm already lv 99 with several high level demons but I still don't see it anywhere.

Fewer demons seem to have it and it's also worse than the previous game.
Only heals status when you smirk, might as well just keep mediarahan and use Hallelujah when status really bother you.

Huang Di, Krishna, Samael and Seraph all have it.

Cool, thanks.

>Only heal status when you smirk
Then what's the point?

>another shesha fight
This better be the last one.

>Only heals status when you smirk
Are you fucking serious?
Whats the fucking point then?

He actually has pretty low HP. Just power the fuck through with Innana.

how the hell do you beat this guy
>maxes out defense and agility every turn
>frequently uses dekaja
>frequently drains all of your MP
>can retaliate with a 2000 damage almighty attack to your entire party

>demon who blocks status
>smirks on the attempted status
>heals party completely

Rebalancing, I think Salvation is the only skill that got the short end of stick with the added smirk effect thing in Apocalypse. Light/Dark are all better for it, and Severe-tier spells can now pierce.
Salvation was hella good, but the MP cost balanced it out. Now it's just a Mediarahan that costs more MP, go figure.

>lazy as fuck recolors of demon domains
>no fucking map
>entirely reused demons
>not even any fucking loot on non-boss floors
>hp sponge bosses
>other than the pierce skills, the bosses suck as actual demons to fuse
>have to do the entire tedious thing three (3) times just to have a drop chance for the good gear

>the bosses suck as actual demons to fuse

lol no

>mp drain 200+ on enemy turns

Bribe him with a Soma.

>find out your dad's a demon
>tells you to join him and kill YHVH
what do?

david sucks
matador sucks
white rider sucks
red rider sucks
pale rider sucks
mother harlot sucks

I can't help you if you're retarded enough to think they're shit.

Hallelujah is worse
>starts off worthless to you anyways
>never uses Endure of Scout when you need it most
>him not doing what you want him to do only gets worse when he gets his damage spells

also in my opinion, his story is more forgettable too

>Ashura-Kai don't do shit aside from being under new management and siding with Lucifer. All the members are just cool with this
>everything the old leader did doesn't even matter either, Hallelujah could have easily not been apart of them and nothing would change
>could have easily been one of those kids in Ashura-Kai's daycare who was experimented on but turns out Hallelujah is secretly half demon, but no one cares, and its just a thing that happened. for all we know Tokyo is full of half-demons who don't mean shit
>is even self aware of how worthless he is

>Thinks him being half-demon is some huge dark secret that'll get him ostracized and goes all melodrama because of it
>Literally NOBODY cares
>Still better than Nozomi

i would think something about him would matter
Nozomi is at least a reason for Danu to show up whenever she wants too

>Thinks him being half-demon is some huge dark secret that'll get him ostracized and goes all melodrama because of it

So it was a metaphor for being gay?

Having a demon be your massa isn't really something that would make you like demons more than you already do

Hallelujah is so retarded cliche it hurts.

>repeated life or death situations
>refuses to use his powers because people he met 3 days ago might ostracize him
>1 person being an animated corpse, another channeling the power of Danu AND another has Inanna. Plus a literal ghost. Excluding Inanna, everyone KNOWS about each others bullshit
>To top it off, he looks like a retarded clown, and doesn't even a little bare resemblance to his father in demon form

Everything about this character physically hurts me. I can't wait til I can fuse Chiru or Chiro or WHATEVER IT'S CALLED and DROP his retarded ass forever.

MY FUCKING TURNS

Atlus didn't care about Chaos and Law in this game.

>starts off worthless to you anyways
I thought it was a joke or something, but nope. Just literal worthless skills. The partner system is so pointless, I can't believe this is how they "improved" it.

Are you implying BEHOY MY DEMONS

>agi
>enemy smirks

is really better than 4a's partner system?

>Not loving poppa Dagda

FOR THE FAERIES

>Not using based Navarre for free buffs

>Asahi lost her mentor, one of her best friends, and her dad
>Still doesn't bring it up as often as MUH FAIRIES
Nozomi's the fucking worst

No, but it's not like this is any good either. It's just like, pick one of them and forget about it. I've had Nozomi on for as long as I can remember and if I think about it, Asahi and Navarre were probably better choices for bosses, but it still didn't really make a difference.

IV was actually a fault. It was one of the games issues. Now it's just kind of nothing. Incredibly forgettable.

I still don't get why smirking exists. Hitting weaknesses already deals more damage and gives you more turns, why does it need to be incentivized again?

>Almost everything she does is PHOTO FLASH PHOTO FLASH

>Take the second worst support
>Surprised that it's literally nothing

What's the best way to get passives for demons?

>No, but it's not like this is any good either. It's just like, pick one of them and forget about it. I've had Nozomi on for as long as I can remember and if I think about it, Asahi and Navarre were probably better choices for bosses, but it still didn't really make a difference.

It makes a very noticeable difference

You can actually alter your play style around them

With Navarre I didn't bother with buffs until end game. With Asahi I didn't bother with healing myself even during endgame

You don't use them and claim they're useless
come on user

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea for him to jump in and steal turns?

It makes it even better since it gives crits regardless of affinity now. It also never misses under smirk. Handy for multi-hit moves.

Most of the partners have pretty select awesome usefulness. It's way better than 4's. You probably just don't care because you're playing conflict or something. On apocalypse you'd definitely pay attention to it.

Tokyo at this point is most likely lousy with half demons.

Now that i've finished the game that comment Atlus made about their testers being 2 gud and not catching that japanese text during whatever fight that boss was is extra bullshit

You can't do shit to help or aid your partners
If the boss decides to target them multiple times then that's it for them. R.I.P

with the damage he does you could honestly just stick to putting most of your team on debuff duty, he can do all the damage for you
so why not just play for you!
and it does fit his personality

At least they removed the fucking evasion bonus it gave.

how are people making these? good skills come with higer level demons and fusion those demons gives me even higher level demons?
i want to make broken ishtar??

Yes it was complete bullshit. It doesn't eve make sense for the fucking QA team to be "too good" because it isn't their fucking job to be good, they need to explore all options and sometimes that means losing.

I get why they missed it, but it was still a total lie.

That's one good thing at least.

>SMT4
>Enemy *Smirks*
>They became pretty much untouchable

Literally impossible

Literally not.

I put most of my points into MAG and boy, extremely OP like usual

It has an awkward point early on when you're consuming a lot of MP, but you really don't have a high amount so you constantly run out, but Energy Drain solves that really nicely.

I'm still at the beginning of SMT4 and honestly the only thing I've had trouble with was Minotaur because of the damn smirking.

I kept skipping over the dialogue options that debuff him because I was trying to be a fag and rp, but everytime it seemed like I would get close to beating him he'd get a crit then go into smirk mode and fuck my shit.

>that disappointing transformation in the cosmic egg

>i was trying to be a fag and RP
Staying silent for every option I'm guessing. Good choice

>main boss team still out of mp since the odin fight and I don't have many chakras left
>second boss team got a full support demon, demonee-ho and another ice demon
>killed him in 3 turns while nanashi was concentrating for another 2k damage bufudyne

I just did this a couple of hours ago, it was even more disappointing than odin killing himself to makarakarn

I was expected his SMT4A self to be as hard as his SMT4 self.

Then again he was also optional in SMT4.

I actually was talking about the SMT4 version. He's fucking destroying me with his Megidoloan spam

Don't use any magic reflection shit. It will trigger his megidoloan spamming.

Use buffs, Alice, don't fucking have any sort of null:all bullshit on Flynn or your demons.

>Back-to-back hordes of Metatron
This game just gets better and better

>Horde battle
>Toki jumps in
>instant kill
>Reinforcements
>Toki jumps in

is there any doubt over who is best girl?

Still the smug inducing doggo.

>I think Salvation is the only skill that got the short end of stick with the added smirk effect thing in Apocalypse.

Antichron or whatever the fuck it's called, the Severe Almighty spell that was also a Debilitate in IV. They removed the Debilitate effect unless you're Smirking.

Will increasing a stat beyond the length of the bar actually still have further effect? My Magic is at like 250 right now, but I'm wondering if I should just put points into other stuff since t he bar filled up, even though the number can still rise.

>liking tarted up clowns

She's so cute I want to fuck her so hard.

Power please.

I notice a difference in damage at 200 dex and at 999 dex.

>not liking tarted up clowns

>999 Dex
Jesus Christ.

The level limit break isn't even out yet.

It's been out for pirates for over a week.

>Brane 2
>already stuck

Why are people calling Asahi a Dog? Did I miss the meme train?

>"Asahi's outfit is meant to invoke Pascal: blue dress, blue shoes and white utility belt.
Asahi even makes a direct reference to Pascal as one of the choices she made herself as a "codename" for when she became an official Hunter. When selected, she feels as if it were a dog name."

>tfw bantz-Power will never join your squad

Pascal was one of the options when she asks you to pick a hunter name

now look at her color palette

Is there a more bullyable face?

stands?

>no bantz battle between Dagda and Power

do i get to kill nozomi?

snitches get stitches

youtube.com/watch?v=0QQy1kg_gQQ&list=PLm30gZxZ3k4Dzak-6liaDwpdAgR8l0zF8&index=4

So is SMT4A good, or at least better than 4?

She's Pascal.

Did Strange Journey ever get ported to anything?
Japanese DS VC?

Better than 4, yeah

Plays better

Story is worse, but does touch on cool things so it's not 100 percent dumb friendship bullshit

Mostly. Yes.

no

that movie is so timeless.

Someone tell me when does this ear candy play? youtube.com/watch?v=yP2x0m-TbXo

im sure but he would have been better put as a representative of them (like there could be a faction of half demons)
rather than one of the Ashura-Kai

Way better than IV.

Considering no one gave a shit about Hallelujah, probably no one gives a shit about them either.

navarre, toki, and bobo are useful at least

Good night doggo.

Does anyone have that labeled Japanese map of the final dungeon

>That guy goes absolutely ham on the chimes

Looks like a buhlack man desu

Too bad about the cheapo budget for the game

would have loved to have seen her get chewed up

>In an alternate universe Hero would Nuke Tokyo because pascal died in SMT1

This shit was so fucking eerie.

Fucking Altus.

AYY

>Remember when I killed Pascal hero? I looked JUST LIKE THISSS

>why so tasty?

Strange Journey 2 when

Never, Japan hated it.

Post smug flynns please

japs hated it, so never

Jesus christ, why? Are they really so stuck on Persona that they don't enjoy classic SMT?

Source?

Japs have shit taste, this isn't new.

I want to kill all the frost bros and make a ho mountain, ho

That was the absolute height of the game.

It all went downhill from there.

Hello.
Someone please give me detailed instructions on how to have sex with Toki.
Thanks.

>Gaston thread

Japs didn't like it because it was an SMT game that focused away from Japan and included other nationalities in it.

im sure it found its following after it came out, but not really a game that got a lot of attention when it first came out

This shit legimately spooked me when it popped up.

Here's step 1

also should put into account other Atlus games that came before it
if you wanted your fill of SMT, one that was also set in Japan, there you had Devil Survivor which came out a couple months before
and then had Etrian Odyssey out at the same time too
so what is the faith of Strange Journey? a victim of an already over saturated audience
its not the first time something good was overlooked because of this

I started playing SMTIV yesterday.

How long is this game? I just beat Medusa and am 3 hours in.
Is this game censored compared to the Japanese version?
Am I supposed to buy the DLC to afford demons and apps?
How do I get good at fusing demons? Is there a trick to it?
If using a dex heavy build, what skills should I have on the main character?
Are there romantic ending options in either IV or the sequel?
Are there permanent missables?

yes

Game is long, up until Medusa you basically got the prologue. No censoring at all and dlc is not required, but it's not a bad idea to buy or pirate. Just fuse the demons around and use extra cash to summon from compendium, with time you'll start seeing special fusions to do and guide yourself there, also some demons can evolve, they will tell you, all the divine line evolves up to cherub. No romance until the sequel and there isn't really much you can care to miss, you unlock more shit by replaying different routes anyways.

Why does everyone want to kill *record scratch* in the friendship ending anyway? They just killed Lucifer, Merkabah, and the Divine Powers, so everything should be fine and dandy, but Stephen Hawking just tells you to kill the creator of the universe because reasons. Doesn't this sound like a bad idea? At least it makes sense in the massacre ending since Dagda wants you to do it.

Yhvh would make all the problems happen again. It's not the first time someone beats both law and chaos side, yhvh always makes everything happen again

Cucks

>it bombed in sales
>Japan associates military settings with western games which makes it very hard to market to Japan
>not set IN Japan despite being comparatively set in real world setting making it even harder to market even though the game is so fuck yeah Japan in it's writing
>It wasn't mainline and is basically a SMT using EO mechanics to be a spin off, so neither fanbase has large overlap despite being being largely hardcore gameplay.
>Also consider the system it was on, IE DS. At the time 2008, Atlus was working mostly with sony so a sudden DS game may not easy for people to jump into
>The game itself is pretty anti-casual and Japan has only become more and more casual since cell phones became a thing. Strange Journey is not really just pick up and play.

Good game, great game. It's one of those games though that only the western markets will eat up.

Removing YHVH gives you a bigger window of not having to deal with him or the demons, since HE has to reform himself then go about reforming his armies.

Even if they had the budget, I don't think we would be able to play the game because the ESRB rising it to a possible AO rating.

Mitamas.

Too bad all the main cast of IVA will eventually have a fate as bad as Aleph for messing with YHVH.

yeah sure, but they'll probably die before hand. Only their afterlife will be shit, and frankly it always was going to be.

Purges

youtube.com/watch?v=nDV1sj6MTz0

Does anyone know what you get after completing the Mikado DLC?

I seriously doubt it
One of the promo videos for the game, the same one you can download and view from withing the game, shows a woman getting cut in half and blood spraying everywhere

It doesn't have to be extra detailed and gruesome and even id it did worse has probably been done in horror video games