Is this game good?

Is this game good?

[No]

yes
buy it

not really good, but it is fun.

if you want tacticool gameplay look elsewhere. If you want third person borderlands in new york, youll like it.

It's missing a lot, the story is left on a clifhanger for dlc

No it's absolute trash.

1-30 is pretty fucking amazing, but it slowly turns bad after that.

luckily the developers have finally realized this, so they are changing almost everything in an upcoming patch that you can currently play on their public test server and so far the feedback has been overly positive that the game is going in the right direction. I saw it at 40% off on steam and I think it's worth that.

No, which is sad because it was one of those games I was actually looking foward.

i still enjoy playing it

there are no good Ubisoft games

I absolutely don't want tacticool gameplay but I saw on reddit that apparently PVP is the only thing to do now?

I really just want a comfy PVE friendly MMO game to distract me from my crippling depression.

Does it have interesting affixes?

I got it for free with my graphics card so I don't feel any buyers remorse. I played when it was recently released so it was pretty active back then, don't know how it is now.
The graphics and atmosphere are really good and the gameplay is your standard 3rd person cover-based shooter, decent but nothing special.
I had fun with it for about two weeks, but I don't see myself going back to it.

There's a reason it has god awful reviews and barely breaks 4k players at a max

The release is honestly what killed it

>Game breaking glitches/exploits
>Hackers/cheaters everywhere
>Released with no end game content
>Hackers got WARNED instead of banned
>Grinding is pointless because of no end game
>uPlay issues out the ass
>No support

This on top of a million other things killed the game before it could even really spring to life, by the time they finally got around to fixing all the insanely game breaking bugs like damage bugs that allowed people to one shot other players/npcs, bugs that allowed you to get unlimited money and buy everything you want, exploits that involved bugging out NPCs so you can farm them over and over

Shit like that killed the game, just like with Wildstar they took WAAAAAAAAAAAY too long to fix any of the major issues and it died before they could.

It's an ubisoft game, what do you think?

No, it's not good

nuh uh

the dark zone is cool, and can get tense, even with a group of friends

you mean like weapon attachments? Yeah it has tons, they all add on perks to the gun, like more damage, less recoil. Trying to get the perfect lmg can be addicting.

you forgot:
>pvp is a fucking joke
>enemies in general are bullet sponges
>bosses are just even spongier enemies

also note I haven't played it since I beat it, like a week after it came out. Didn't even buy the season pass

>Siege
MUH NIGGUH

OP you can safely ignore anyone in this thread that shouts "ubishit lol uPlay is so bad haha", these people do not enjoy video games.

the game is super comfy running around in new york during a blizzard, doing random side activities. The details they put into the world is the best of any open world game I've played.

there's also a matchmaking for every single activity in the game, and despite what Cred Forums tells you it's not dead because the steam chart says it is.

>you mean like weapon attachments?
It was analogized to Borderlands, which reminisces of at least elemental procs. It'd be neat, obviously, if the gameplay is more than dmg%+.

Patching what?

You know, you're right about everything you said, but in all honesty the game is still a shallow, mediocre shooter.

It may be comfy running around beautiful snowy New York. It may be enjoyable tackling sidequests with your co-op squad. But at the core of all of it is a mediocre shooter.

Granted, some people enjoy mediocre shooters and that is perfectly fine. But I would have much rather had The Division with it's TPS combat pulled from Vanquish, Binary Domain, Max Payne (yes, I know bullettime wouldn't work, but the dodging still would) etc instead of being shallow and mediocre.

When the game came out I got bored just before I hit level 30. Last week I suddenly had an urge to play the game. I googled it to see what the state of the game is at the moment and found out about the huge changes that are coming to with patch 1.4. Now I'm waiting for the patch becore i go back and start a new character.

Game looks amazing and well designed. The gameplay is solid although the quests while leveling can become repetitive. Once you get through that it becomes a bit stale. For now at least.

However, 1.4, which is currently on the pts, is going to fix a lot of things. It's going to be similar to how Diablo 3 sort of fixed itself with Reaper of Souls. It took them a while, but better late than never.
They're also actively communicating with people on the PTS to get a better understanding of how players approach it and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive.

Its on sale now and if you've got the money to spare it's worth the investment. It's also a very comfy game, especially during snowstorms.

>have best bolt action rifle I found in dark zone and can use
>find enemy a few blocks down from post office
>fire smart cover system on concrete barrier
>crouch behind it and take stat boosts
>aim at generic dindu with hoodie
>shoot him 5 times in the fucking face to kill him
>go back to dark zone, do same thing
>get behind cover and harvest smart cover boost
>find random cleaner next to dark zone entrance
>fire at back of the head on cleaner with gas mask
>barely even makes him blink
>end up making 10 more shots to his face, he's still at half health
>gets one single shot on me and i'm on the ground gasping
>get revived
>make several more shots to his face before he goes down
>meanwhile his 5 buddies are already in my face

Not only is the leveling system an annoyance, the AI is 5th gen shit. It doesn't flush you out of cover and do damage, instead the AI just shimmies towards you slowly out in the open so that it can stand 3 feet away from you to shoot at you. One shot from a decent level enemy can shoot you but them standing in the open and eating 20 rounds from my large caliber rifle barely hurts them.

That's not fun, it's annoying. I had actual fun playing Rainbow Six: Siege.

Do I need to get the gold edition?
Why the fuck are there so many DLCs?

> Vanquish, Binary Domain, Max Payne
That's funny because all three are mediocre shooters

Most DLC is cosmetic stuff. The Underground is the only real dlc as of now with another coming somewhere around November

If those three are mediocre, than the Division is absolute trash.

...actually, you might be exactly right.

>Game looks amazing

Confirmed for having never played it. It's a blurry grey mess that looks nothing like it's trailers.

you're the one confirming that you've never played it.

snowdrop is a goddamn masterpiece engine and looks fucking amazing on PC.

>Vanquish
>mediocre
Get the fuck out nigger, no one else managed to pull out a Vanquish yet

no

>but it is fun
Very subjectively debatable.
Most things can be fun for somebody.

Yeah, i think it has passed its lowest point and is developing pretty good. It slowly is become the Gears of Warframe in comfy new York i wanted it to be.
If you like going through the same activities again and again to get better Gear to do them even more, you will like it.

A friend wanted me to play it with him, but I didnĀ“t want to preorder like him.
He then refunded it on steam after playing it for an hour and a half, sadly we have not played anything else since.

>no one else managed to pull out a Vanquish yet
Which is an argument with fluctuating value, depending on what you think of it.

I mean yes, the environments look nice, but you have to admit that some of the textures look clay-like and awful even on highest settings. Granted, obviously being a large open-world game the textures are constrained, but I just don't understand why so many new games feature these terrible clay-like textures.

The environments look great but all the textures look like playdough. It's both an ugly and a pretty game. But mostly ugly in my opinion, I hated the art style.

>you can safely ignore anyone in this thread that shouts "ubishit lol uPlay is so bad haha"
True but what about the people who follow up with a list of all the bad things about it?

Oh, you mean the mediocre combat, shallow gameplay, clay textures, horribly programmed AI, and repetitive missions?

Nah dude just ignore those criticisms too.

Its like GTA online but worse

okay, take this list then: >Game breaking glitches/exploits
All have been fixed. Why should it matter to OP what problems the game had 6 months ago?

>Hackers/cheaters everywhere
Not anymore. They implemented proper security and now insta-ban anyone that cheats.

>Released with no end game content
There's end game content now.

>Hackers got WARNED instead of banned
No longer an issue

>Grinding is pointless because of no end game
There is endgame in the same way there's end game in diablo and path of exile. Plus there's 3 incursions (or raids if you like), underground and in the next patch they implement world tiers.

>uPlay issues out the ass
There's no issues with uPlay, like absolute zero. There was a bug in the first 5 hours at release where steam users had problems connecting their steam account to uPlay.

>No support
They literally invited the community to their studio in sweden to talk about the issues with the game and they now have a public test server open for everyone.