Yakuza

Press "F" to pay your respects.

youtube.com/watch?v=TuqPiPdxslk

Other urls found in this thread:

yakuzapatch.tumblr.com/post/140577374706/yakuza-4-5-and-dead-souls-uncensor-patches-by
youtube.com/watch?v=5Pl3Gq9tAlE
youtube.com/watch?v=MLwel69fO_k
youtube.com/watch?v=2DgaPvv9gPs
pastebin.com/Pav6M3Dn
buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_2_ISOs/Yakuza_(USA)/151002
emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_2_ISOs/Yakuza_2_(USA)/151001
emuparadise.me/biosfiles/bios.html
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLT_aibi2uVgyulqGGhYCzE8Q0XZ5CyGWB
pastebin.com/L1ypDL83
youtube.com/watch?v=PgKmSixrrMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=U76chEyJjKw
youtube.com/watch?v=xQomvC1OL9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=2ukzUE3U3c8&index=37&list=PL6tEKS4ytBEMPAQn8kR0KVc1KKmzRg9oH
youtube.com/watch?v=Ty3BK6IUxuU
youtube.com/watch?v=mhLKhTbAb8s&list=PL172094E178B31FF8&index=9
dualshockers.com/2016/07/31/sega-considering-ps4-remakes-for-yakuza-2-3-4-and-5/
youtube.com/watch?v=t2wjCX81CHM
youtube.com/watch?v=8WqPwJqP66k
youtube.com/watch?v=W8RpARGU7kE
youtube.com/watch?v=dwukthJYEqM
youtube.com/watch?v=oEo2kqpEeOs
youtube.com/watch?v=RSexBGkswTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jTwq759oIME
m.youtube.com/watch?v=0DKHd_526b8
khhsubs.com/projectsrggishin.html
youtube.com/watch?v=BWa9xpFkJeA
youtube.com/watch?v=CwJ0GwZK_TQ
wiki.denfaminicogamer.jp/ps3trophies/龍が如く1&2_HD_EDITION
youtube.com/watch?v=abnESUXkNEU
youtube.com/watch?v=4uWdULFhuPM
youtube.com/watch?v=lR7OahhCVx8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>11 years of Yakuza games

I swear to god Kiryu better not die through protecting that fucking baby. Dying for Haruka is fine, but not that.

old life for a new life

fuck haruka at this point

she was complete fucking idiot in 5

Oh man these lyrics..

>this series will always have some major flaw that will keep it from being perfect

being?

If enemy AI and targeting were fixed, ZERO would be modern perfection.

yakuza 1's major flaw was its combat
2's was its map
3's was its story
haven't played 4 or 5 yet but i have high hopes for them

does the lock-on get worse after 3?

Mainly two:

>not on a system that matters
>not in a language that matters

>does the lock-on get worse after 3?

Better than the PS2 games, but still flimsy as hell.

Especially in Kenzan and even Ishin.

Don't respond, just report the flamewar bait post.

I'm surprised that it's ending. It's been a consistently great series.

F

The lock-on never worked in Yakuza games.
You only use lock-on in Yakuza when there is only 1 ( One ) enemy meaning it's good for boss fight but not for regular encounter.

It's only Kiryu's chapter that is ending. The series as a whole isn't finished. It basically prints money for them in Japan/the eastern market.

4 is perfect and don't let anything like your silly opinions rob you of that fact if life

5 is a slog

the only time I really use it is for tiger dropping large crowds

>every single Yakuza has an upbeat "action" main theme
>Yakuza 6 has this somber sad song as its main theme
>SEGA going out of their way to say this is the end of Kiryu's story

You ready to cry bitch tears once Kiryu inevitably dies this time?

>filename

what show

>It basically prints money for them in Japan/the eastern market
>yfs it would do the same if they simply remade the Jap trailers with English footage

It would print money everywhere else if they marketed it properly, it's wanted in the west.

>we will never get a Yakuza collection

Sega is retarded.

Yeah, SEGA of America sucks at marketing.
Doctor X.

>4 is perfect
this is objectively correct

>5 is a slog
this is also correct
but it's greatest flaw is not enough Akiyama

2 is fun.

damn son.

I fucking love kiryu as a character. seeing him die would hurt me pretty bad.

if they make akiyama the main character in future games I am going to flip my shit in anger.

Pretty sure that it's still the most popular.

sega of America just sucks full stop.

bunch of fucking morons they are.

3 and 5 just feel so equally pointless.

Kiryu's role in 4 was pointless, but 4 as a whole was nowhere near as boring as 3 or 5.

Akiyama, Majima and Soejima are all incredibly popular right after Kiryu.
I'm also pretty sure that in one of the recent polls Majima even overtook Nr1 spot, dropping Kiryu to Nr2.

Stop making Yakuza threads.
We don't need one 24/7.
The series is great but we just don't need one all the time.

>Kiryu's death is donating his organs to save Haruka

huh...that song suits kiryu pretty well I think.

even the actual yakuza think sega of america sucks

Sega in general has been fucking mediocre since the dreamcast/early xbox days. They can't make a good game to save their life anymore.

Not really a viable transplant considering Kiryu is like 50 in Yakuza 6 and his organs wouldn't last Haruka a lifetime, so doubtful.
I think he's just going to sacrifice himself and get killed by Kitano in exchange for letting Haruka and the baby go free.

>ko wa shu me woah ka ki sa
Right in the feels

someone translate the lyrics please. i want to feel.

I loved Yakuza 3 and hated 5.

nah he dies via gunshot from a literal who in hiroshima far away from anyone that cares about him and never gets to say farewell to haruka

Daigo lives

Don't worry in 2 years the localization team will bring you the upbeat main theme for Y6 perfectly suited for american audiences.
Also no Bubble.

>hated 5

I wouldn't say I hated, but forcing that much idol shit and half-assing Akiyama made me dislike it a lot. 5 easily has the worst plot in the series too.

Atlus already confirmed that Yakuza 0 is not getting any cuts and that Bubble is staying.
Also if you care about original music and are a piratefag then refer to yakuzapatch.tumblr.com/post/140577374706/yakuza-4-5-and-dead-souls-uncensor-patches-by

I loved 3 and 5 and I think 4 is the most boring one, I think I even enjoyed Dead Souls more.

They said the same thing with 4 and 5, but their intro songs/licensed songs were cut in the western version.

>Bubble is staying
Kind of a shame to be honest, they made a new song for Y5 intro just for western release and it was pretty fitting too.

WHOA WHOA WHOA

youtube.com/watch?v=5Pl3Gq9tAlE

>TFW even though each game has a bunch of flaws they've all still got those fantastic moments in them that make playing them worth it

The fucking hunting minigame for Saejima in Y5 gave me like fifteen hours of enjoyment. Then I realized that I had a whole fucking city to explore.

The only shame I feel is that I stopped playing at Haruka's chapter. Not because it wasn't fun (it was kind of fun), but I'm worried that I won't be able to 100% the game if I don't do everything as Haruka.

Good thing they removed that song from Y4 opening, it was horrible.

>You will never live as a novelty gaijin gangster in bubble-era Japan with a penchant for partying hard

Wonder how Nagoshi will look like in 2017

>fighting Kiryu as Saejima
>fighting Akiyama and Tanimura as Kiryu
>boring

Also in terms or story arc, and gameplay Tanimura > Shinada.

Tanimura is also a better character. I loved his no-fucks-given attitude. Shinada was just a generic goody2shoes dimwit trope. Felt too much like a poor Akiyama.

>So Nagoshi-san, what kind of concept do you wan-
>Just record the Yakuza 0 wrap party, that should suffice

It was just a remix of one of the existing songs.

You have mega shit taste, seek help.

wow that's even better than FLY

I enjoy 5 and 4, and I think 5>4 even though the story is cray. I haven't finished 3 because I keep getting bored.

Can you give me a source on that remixed song? Can't hear it.

3 is my favourite. what the hell...

After the first verse this song goes to complete shit.

How is it shit taste?
Every time you start the game you hear some young japanese boys screaming BUTEFLAY SHITI SUPE HAY SHITI CUM ON CUM ON, that doesn't really fit to Yakuza series neither does it fit to what the opening movie shows.

Nevermind, my bad. Turns out the Y5 replacement songs are new, I was thinking of 3 and 4.

LOOK AT THIS MOTHERFUCKER, HE'S TOO COOL

There's a stand up comedy minigame with Haruka that's straight up impossible if you don't speak japanese. You have to respond the second your parter stops talking every time or else you fail, so you can see why you'd need to speak the language.

Seriously get cancer and die, kill yourself this fucking instant for how inbred piece of shit retarded you are.

not impossible at all. It's usually not that hard to tell when a sentence is ending just based on tonal inflections and failing that, you're allowed to retry as many times as you like.

>goody2shoes dimwit
>Generic
>No fucks given cop
>Not generic
You lost me. Also Shinada has a great town conspiracy plot going on. And his loan shark side kick is cool.

>You have mega shit taste

>he actually thinks this is good

youtube.com/watch?v=MLwel69fO_k

Chill down my dude? Why are you so mad?
Once again you didn't explain why is this opening song good, I will allow you to try one more time but don't waste my time, kid.
Take a deep breath, relax and use your brain.

Really? I should probably go back and finish it then. I just got bored after leaving Okinawa. Although the boss fight with the yakuza boss who keeps pulling shit off the wall caught my interest for a bit.

The baseball stuff in Shinada's chapter went completely over my head. He had a fucking great supporting cast though, even his skills trainer guy was great fun to go through.

Nah fuck that. I just pulled up a youtube video and followed the timing

Because you're literally just illiterate fucking gaijin that completely fucking miss the point of the lyrics and tone of the song being made specially for the game.

I wish you to get cancer and all your family too, hope you get hit by a truck and your brains splattered on the pavement you gaijin fucks.

Tanimura's role was at least important. Shinada is the most shoehorned and forced character yet.

>The baseball stuff in Shinada's chapter went completely over my head.
Like a baseball :D

Honestly, you either hate it or love it.
I loved 3 mainly because PS3 was hot new thing and the next gen jump was very nice.
Also the game had around 120 substories and many optional stuff to do, easily clocked 160 hours in it.
Soundtrack is amazing and the story is weaker but future games have the same problem because of the new writer.

Butterfly City is a fucking 13 year old girl's favorite song. I don't give a fuck about the shitty lyrics - just listen to that trash.

>that fucking QTE during a story cutscene that he has
what the hell

Shinada was added because Japan hated Tanimura.
They hated his personality and the way he played.
So they added Shinada who was actually received much better, especially in gameplay department.
With that said, Tanimura's actor is also a huge dick with overblown ego that supposedly wanted a massive raise to return in next game so it was another reason why he got fired.

This series isn't for you, go play GTA and fuck off amerifat subhuman gaijin.

>Kiryu vs Saejima in 5
>You get to pick who you're going to beat the fuck out of
YES

I just did. It's pretty good in a silly funny way. So yes it fits with Yakuza.

I was relived that it wasn't the baseball minigame. I am absolutely shit at it.

>Japan has shit taste
>they added an awkward retard and super special weapon capabilities that made playing as him a fucking breeze

I'm shocked. Tanimura's actor sounds like a cunt though.

I'm shocked.

Oh, yes: "Me so horny Cuz, u so nasty If u smile for me ageruze kono Classic
chuu wo mau Butterfly ki ni natte naranai"
So meaningful and deep, really fits to Yakuza series huh?

>especially in the gameplay department
Shinada is almost as fucking bad, he has the similar gimmick of all of the grabs (which are useless on almost all bosses), plus a lame gimmick with infinite use weapons that do jack shit for damage. It basically boiled down to building heat and spamming his special weapon heat attacks.

>it fits with Yakuza

>FLY GIRL

You're either tone-deaf or I'm being trolled.

Okay, I'm being trolled.

Yeah the new baseball system was pretty weird.

>Playing as shinada
>Get to warehouse scene
>Group of yakuza running at me
>See baseball bat
>Go to pick it up, Shinada inspects it and sets it down out of respect
That got me

I'm pretty sure they're just shitposting at this point.

>I CAN'T POSSIBLE BE A RETARD WITH SHIT TASTE THAT'S COMPLETELY OUT OF TOUCH, IT'S THE OTHERS THAT ARE WRONG AND TROLLING ME
Kill yourself.

I'm saying it fits with Yakuza because both a so whacky and stupid that they're actually really good.

ME SO HORNY CUZ U SO NASTY

Nice ad hominem faggot, get cancer and die

>whacky and stupid

Just stupid, there's nothing "whacky" about it.

Are Yakuza games good? I have 1, 2 and 3 but I haven't played them yet. Should I get any of the other ones?

huh? what did he mean by this?

Yes, they're very good. Play through them in release order.

Unless you have a giant backlog there's no reason to not try them out desu.

they are ok

>Should I get any of the other ones?
Play 1,2,3 and decide yourself if you like it. 4 and 5 are very easy to find.

>The Shinsengumi Samurai Yakuza game
>intro is Japanese Green Day/My Chemical Romance

>it's fucking great

youtube.com/watch?v=2DgaPvv9gPs

>greentexting in full caps

>literally just typing out the lyrics
>ad hominem

Learn what that means. Protip: It's something you've been doing for the last few posts.

Butterfly City is as fucking gay as a Backstreet Boys or Nsync song.

Okay

Kenzan opening was pretty good too.

>giant backlog
That.
And I never get around to actually clearing it.
So I just collect more for the future.

pastebin.com/Pav6M3Dn

>Emulator
buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
>Y 1 and 2
emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_2_ISOs/Yakuza_(USA)/151002
emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_2_ISOs/Yakuza_2_(USA)/151001
>Bios, select PS2
emuparadise.me/biosfiles/bios.html

Just because it doesn't fit, doesn't mean it's whacky.

>majima takes shinada's spot as the fourth guy
So he's never coming back? Him being gone in 6 makes sense, but Ishin would at least make it easier to throw him into the game

The baseball conspiracy was retarded. Was just like the writer had a huge hardon for baseball.

>Alright, gonna investigate this fucking baseball game that ruined my life
>Oh, turns out there was Tojo/Omi game fixing and everyone except me was in on it
>Another Yakuza family used the homerun to start an investigation into game-fixing in order to drive out the Tojo/Omi and install themselves, Shinada was just collateral damage.
>But the Yakuza family is actually made up of ordinary citizens who just wanted to restore the town
>And their leader is my old coach?
>Coach comes out of retirement to coach Shinada's old rival team, then transfers Sawada to Shinada's old team.
>Shinada somehow manages to interpret this as a message to him and meets up with Sawada at an empty stadium
>Then it turns out that the family who drove out all the old Yakuza were just a sub-faction of the Omi alliance? So they drove out themselves?
>But then it turns out that the homerun wasn't even planned, the coach just knew he'd get kicked out of baseball and decided to let it be real for the "love of the game" or something?
>Anyway, Sawada is apparently there to kill you (the yakuza really like their dramatic irony apparently), but then turns on the yakuza watching and you all have a big brawl.
>Afterwards they decide to redo the 20 year faceoff between them, ostensibly to prove that the homerun wasn't a fluke.
>Shinada deliberately fouls off every pitch until Sawada throws a curve, then hits it for a homer.
>Reveals that apparently the entire reason he joined pro baseball was because he wanted the chance to hit Sawada's curve, and now that he had, he could finally give up the sport???
>He'd been keeping himself in shape and practicing for 20 years despite a lifetime ban just for that moment?
>Later, Shinada reveals he had information which could have proven his innocence all along, but he chose not to use it because "he didn't want to ruin baseball for the fans"???????

Don't forget about this
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLT_aibi2uVgyulqGGhYCzE8Q0XZ5CyGWB

All Yakuza 1 cutscenes with Jap audio and English sub.
There is no undub available for the game (and Yakuza 1 was the only one that got a dub) so it's recommended to rewatch the cutscenes in Japanese after beating Y1 and before going into Y2.

5 is really good example of quantity over quality. Had Haruka's idol shit not been dragged in that fucking long while cutting Akiyama's game time in half, it would've been an okay game.

5 cities was too much. 5 Kamurocho feels barren compared to 4.

OK

kIRYUS PART WAS SO GOOD

Yeah his and Shinada's were decent. Once you actually get a hang of Shinada's baseball minigame it's pretty damn fun.

That's your opinion my friend.
I would rather have 5 cities (3 new, 2 old in Y5 case) then coming to a new game and the only addition to a city is a fucking rooftop and parking garage like in Y4.

remove T-SET

They also made Kiryu way slower compared to 4. Frame rate wasn't the best either.

Shinada and Saejima's cities were terrible.

What's worse?

Rubber bullets or I was a yakuza boss da whole time and my son was a baddie da whole time too?

REMOVE T-SET remove T-SET
you are worst idol. you are the idol idiot you are the idol smell. return to osaka talent. to our osaka talent cousins you may come our company. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,mai we will never forgeve you. cetnik rascal FUck but fuck asshole idol stink mai sqhipere shqipare..t-set genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead idol..ahahahahahMAI WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget princessleague .azusa we kill the idol , azusa return to your precious osaka talent….hahahahaha idiot mai and azusa smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE T-SET FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. kiryu+saejima+akiyama+shinada=kill t-set…you will princessleague/ haruka alive in dyna chair, haruka making album of dyna chair . fast dance haruka dyna chair. we are rich and have gold now hahahaha ha because of haruka… you are ppoor stink idol… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a brothel

haruka alive numbr one #1 in nippon ….fuck the t-set ,..FUCKk ashol idols no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur group and company. haruka aliv and real strong top idol kill all the t-set farm aminal with idol magic now we the haruka rule .ape of the zoo producer manda san fukc the great satan and lay egg this egg hatch and t-set wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. dyna chair greattst company

Rubber bullets was worse. Kurosawa's plan made sense even if it was ridiculously convoluted.

But "CIA agent is actually the leader of the underground crime ring and his partner is Kiryu's long lost twin uncle" is worse than both.

yeah they really felt shallow and almost copy/pasted

Someone remind me, were there squibs? Rubber bullets loses an ounce of bite if so, it's still the worst ever. But good fucking god if there weren't squibs.

>parts of Ishin the remind you of Kenzan

I fucking love it. That forest trail, the iconic temple, Gion.

kiryu go home

Is it ever explained why Shinada is a fucking weapon master?

2 > 1 > 4 > 3 > 5

>Doing Y5 completition
>Kamiyama works
Fuck this fat jew seriously. You need to invest some item to build the dragon weapon THEN INVEST THIS WEAPON TO UNLOCK THE LAST TIER.
And then rebuy the dragon weapon for the extremely sturdy version.

Also fuck the weapon level system requirement to equip the best weapons of the game.

I would be pretty mad if Kiryu dies. He wasn't really fighting for any cause after 2.

He kept getting dragged back into the life because Daigo is a fucking idiot jagoff that can't run a bath.

Hoping the end is him buying a one way ticket to yurop or america.

I think the main problems are that the rubber bullets knocked out 18 men COLD (most weren't even to the head), and that there was absolutely no reason for the bullets to be rubber in the first place. They had Saejima come in and knock out all the guys only to come in after him and kill them all themselves anyway. For what fucking purpose? It is only written that way for the sake of "absolving" Saejima of guilt, which kind of just shits on his character.

Then they bring back the bullets for Munakata, again, with no reason except so he could come back and be Tanimura's boss fight.

Honestly I'm suck of Haruka and Kiryu. I hope Haruka dies and Kiryu goes to live with Kaoru.

DUDE
BASEBAL
LMAO

One of the conspirators was shot by Saejima, I guess he didn't want to die.

>There's a track of Saejima and Akiyama doing a duet of Baka Mitai in 5 OST
>It's just fancy edit

Bummer. Would like to see some songs with multiple protags.

Anyways sharing music downloads again:
pastebin.com/L1ypDL83

Meant for

Regardless of how stupid it became after RUBBER BULLETS, that shootout was awesome.

The weapon skill system is absolute bullshit. It's not like good weapons are super game-breaking (except maybe the golden gun), so it's just forcing tedious grind for absolutely no reason.

Weapons in Yakuza are pretty much consistently a disappointment. Their movesets are way too restricted, they don't even do good damage unless they're top-tier, and most of them last less than one fight before breaking. Their biggest use is pulling them out to do their unique heat move, then putting them away.

I honestly will never get the boner people have for Yakuza 2. I expected to be blown away by it and like it a lot more than Yakuza 1, but I somehow found it very boring in comparison.

>straight up impossible if you don't speak japanese
Not really. You'll get it after practicing for a few tries. The other 2 scenarios are much easier as well.

It's just your personal shit taste.

Money is absolutely meaningless thanks to Zero jewels.
>Walk up to roulette table
>1000 chips on 0 my good man
>Use jewel
>Surprise it's fucking 0 (or if it's 00, just reset and try again)
>Walk out with 36 million yen

What the fuck was his problem?

You didn't play the games in release order did you?

Terminal fuckboyism

He wanted to Saejima's kyoudai.

I want Ishin more than Zero or Kiwami.

>tfw still haven't progressed past the hunting part in Saejima's Y5 arc because it's so dumb / tedious

Worst thing is you'll probably already own the Golden Gun by the time you get to make all the best weapons so there's not really a point to it other than completion.

The hunting was actually pretty enjoyable. But again being forced to do minigames to progress is the biggest problem with these games.

I've only played Yakuza 1 and 2. Yakuza 2 felt like exactly the same game, but with worse characters and story.

Yakuza 1 keeps freezing up on me. On chapter 13, right when i enter Millenium Tower and beat the first set of MBI agents, I try to get up the stairs, but it freezes right there. No error message or anything.

>but with worse characters and story

>Ryuiji worse than Nishiki
>Kaoru worse than Yumi

I thought the whole 20 years of Jingweon rusing the Tojo clan was pretty good plot twist instead of Nishiki becoming an asshole to Kiryu out of nowhere. And the fact Kiryu caused his foster father to start shooting all those worst koreans

What the hell are you smoking.

>worse characters and story
Your opinion is very, very wrong.

Deacon is that you?
You're the only person that shits on Yakuza 2.

Nevermind. Looks like changing the renderer fixed it.
I really found it neat they put in spoken Korean in the game.

I understand the "same game" aspect which is why I had a hard time getting through 2 even with the better combat, but the story and characters are a couple hundred times better.

I've never read anything like this in all my 8-9 years as a Yakuza fan.

I honestly didn't gave a damn about anyone besides Haruka and Kiryuu and that's only because I know them from Yakuza 1.

The whole gang war felt like a bad parody when they were talking about hundreds of guys but then only showed like ten people at most on screen. The whole twist with Terada and the one after that with the bombs was beyond retarded.

Ryuji was also a much worse and less impressive antagonist. By the time you have your final battle with him, you've already beaten him twice, so all impact is lost. Is not like with Nishiki, were they build it up from beginning to end.

Komaki isn't in Zero is he?

IIRC Kiryu has no idea who he is in 1.

Haven't played Kiwami : Fuck My Music Up Edition.

Well, he's had a hard life, dying might not seem too outlandish. Then again, he's ended like at least two of his games while bleeding out then come back in the next one. Who know what they'll do

People tend to forget the 2 really was the start of dumb TWEEST bullshit in the series.

Hell you could even count Yumi's bullshit in the first game.

I still disagree, but I can understand your reasoning.

Speaking of localization, is Yakuza 6 coming to the West likely? I mean they did give us 0. That means all the main games in the series have been released in the West except 6. I'm hopeful

Fuck being sold to them, Nagoshi looks like he's in the fucking board of chairmen

Depends on 0 sales, this is honestly no joke our last chance. Sony made the dream come back to life, if 0 doesn't do moderately well we better learn moon.

>this is our last chance

Been saying this since Yakuza 2.

It also started the whole retarded shit about making Kiryuu an unstoppable killing machine that can fight two huge ass tigers at once and later dodge missiles and bullets fired at point blank targeted at him.

Apparently, Komaki is in, but he's in Majima's part.

Bruh this is literally it

I honestly doubt it is our last chance, these games come over eventually as they make their money in the long run through digital sales or what not.

But I did order Yakuza Zero as soon as they announced the game would come with a custom card holder, even though it obviously ain't that amazing; how many games comes with shit these days, let alone a semi-niche franchise like this one.

Nah, that's the charm of these games.

One could argue that the tweests are too, subjectively.

But shit like disliking punching to tigers to death, and missiles too scared to hit Kiryu makes your opinion an objectively poor one.

I'd rather get Kiwami than 6.
Especially after 6 turned out to be silky smooth 25 FPS 900p game with butchered combat system and lock on being downgraded to Yakuza 1 tier.

We're fucked because Sega refused to market the game out, just like all the other games.

The combat is actually improved a lot now since the demo. I was lucky enough to play it at TGS.

Also, don't let this thread die. Kiryu's head is wearing the party hard perfectly in the catalog.

Ryuji outright says he wasn't putting any effort into the earlier fights.

That's good to know.

Also Kiryu says that their first fight didn't count because Ryuji was fighting Daigo before hand

I saw the TGS videos and it still looks like ass, still runs at 25 FPS and is still a 900p game that decided to foresake gameplay in favour of shitty water simulation shaders and outdated havoc physics that nobody asked for.

But user, you can chat with Anri Okita! No way that's coming to the west but hey, tits.

Atlus already confirmed that all the gravure softcore porn in Zero is not getting cut or censored in English version.
As such, I doubt they'd cut the chat minigame in 6.
Besides in case you don't realize it's obviously not real time chat and there's no nudity, it's just pre-recorded video with pre-recorded responses and you just need to pick the right answer from A/B/C for next sentence to prgress dialogue.

Kiwami was really disappointing in my opinion. This series has alway had an issue with recycled assets but it was fucking ridiculous in that game, all the boss movesets where sloppy recyclings of 4/5/0 boss movesets. It's a really cheap remake in general.

The framerate is still low, but caring about graphics in a Yakuza game is meaningless, and the gameplay isn't "foresaken" at all. The combat as it is now is extremely fun, the those outdated physics are great for environmental interaction.

I'm still mad I didn't get a Yakuza 5 t-shirt

Well, I didn't expect nudity I guess. Sounds kinda disappoining. How does the chat end in that case? Just "thanks for flashing your bra. *Kiryu logged off*" or something? Still, nice to see they don't "localize" everything. Gives me hope

I smell a butthurt pcfag.

I don't think he is outright, just disappointed that a supposed PS4 game looks like a PS3 game.

I remember the first teaser trailer showing off environments and it looks so good. Get to the gameplay footage and it looks below average.

Bullshots need to end.

Yakuza 6 does not look like a PS3 game.

damn what ps3 games were you playing

The combat is a major downgrade from 0 and Ishin and that's what matters.
Lock on is the worst it's ever been since Y1 on PS2.
Movement is floaty and unresponsive due to hitboxes being tied to the fancy havoc physics.

Game being a 25FPS 900p shitfest when 0, Ishin and Kiwami look graphically almost as good while maintaining 1080p 60FPS is just inexcusable.

the fuck it doesn't

Played every game in the series but nice shitposting, go fuck yourself.

What? That's not what I said at all. The game barely looks better than 0/Kiwami/Ishin while having much worse gameplay, framerate and resolution. It's just a big no for me.
Japan is quite pissed about it as well from what I heard.

>tfw I actually liked Shinada's story and had fun playing as him.
1000 pushups!
1000 situps!
5000 x 10 million swings!!
PER DAY!

Have you playing the TGS demo? It's completely improved.

>look graphically almost as good

Incorrect.

Not him, but honestly, while it's fucking annoying to be sure, I don't think I'll care much once I play the game.

So you're a graphics whore that prioritizes silky smooth cinematic experiences at 24 FPS over gameplay? Okay, get cancer and die. I'm out.

>Incorrect.

Shit meant to say "Is correct". The game still looks muddy as hell.

Nigga he ain't dying, just retiring for good. He's going to finally settle down with Haruka and raise their pseudo baby together and continue running the orphanage. Don't even have to screencap this.

When it comes to console games I don't give a shit about graphics, but the FPS going back to shit is really annoying.

This is why I'd love PC ports of all the Yakuza games. I wanna experience 3 and 5 with decent framerate. 4 ran okay in comparison.

Even that cherry picked picture which I agree looks like aliased fucking garbage doesn't look as bad as the early PS3 yakuza games.
I mean the actual gameplay doesn't have as much aliasing as that picture, and especially compared to the PS3 games which were almost unbearable unless you played from the other side of the room.

>get cancer and die

Wow, rude.

I'm not a graphics whore, but the game looks like shit, and runs like shit. The combat itself is different but not as bad as the demo was. Get it through your thick skull you childish idiot.

Look at the houses in the background. That's PS2-tier.

Yes but an asset that isn't even supposed to be viewed from a close distance looking like PS2 assets that actually were viewed from close distance doesn't mean the entire fucking game is PS2 or 3 tier.
The houses in the actual game map look great.

>The combat is actually improved a lot now since the demo. I was lucky enough to play it at TGS.

So was I. What improvements were made were futile as the new combat system is still fucking shit.

It's still very stiff and clunky. The only slight improvement is lock-on. That's literally it, and it's not that big an improvement. I'm really not a fan of the new combat and neither was anyone else I saw playing it.

That's not an excuse. Everything in the distance in inFamous Second Son looked fantastic for example.

The game is still very muddy, even up close.

I hope Kiryu just goes back to driving taxis at the end and Akiyama and Saejima take over the series.

>argument over graphics in a Yakuza thread

Not really. Just blurred as shit.

PCucks who were forced to buy a console to play something

I feel like Yakuza threads have generally been pretty shitty ever since the announcement of 5's localization.

>forced to buy a console to play something

Isn't that everyone who buys a console for it's exclusives?

Must be the fact Zero was also announced, and it's a PS4 game. We all know how Cred Forums likes to shitpost against the PS4.

Bruise > Funk Goes On > Block Head Boy = Outlaw's Lullaby > Isolated Fight > can't even remember 4's Kiryu battle theme

Well we've jumped generations and we given 3 games that run at 60 FPS.

Now we're given a new title that isn't cross-gen, but might as well be considering how mediocre it looks, and it's back to sub 30FPS with constant drops.

I guess people are pretty disjointed.

>We all know how Cred Forums likes to shitpost against the PS4.
This, retards want to keep pushing their no games meme so they attack any potentially good games

I actually liked Haruka's part. The rhythm game was too easy but it was a nice change.

I mean I'm disappointed, but not mad by any means. The first guy to bring up graphics in this thread sounded pissed as fuck.

Except now there are no loading screens and the city is much more interactive, and if you want graphics so much you can get a ps4 pro, basically you are asking for the game not to evolve just so you can have muh graphics+16.6 ms faster reaction time

I liked it too, but it dragged on WAY too long, and constantly being forced back in after her chunk of the game pissed me off to no end. It's a worse offender than the constant orphanage padding in 3.

YAHOO

youtube.com/watch?v=PgKmSixrrMQ

>So, Majima, can you dance with the best of them?
>Just wait and see... IT'S SHOWTIME!

>mfw

>evolve
>combat is worse

>evolve
>back to sub 30 fps

I did a lot of her side activities on the first run so it dragged on a bit, but I think if you critical path it it's fairly short.

>no loading screens

That's a lie. Some building still have very long loading screens.

Baba wants to be a kyoudai but his boss won't let him

Man I think Zero was their last actual effort.

Kiwami was terrible, and 6 looks like it too.

>tfw majima's dancer style is one of the most satisfying styles ever made

>tfw fighting those breakdancers in a dance hall

>GROOVY?! I'LL SHOW YOU GROOVY!

6 is an effort
in the wrong direction, they don't need to make the series more like GTA

This is hands down the best battle theme in the series for me. Can't get any better than this.

Played both Ishin and 0 and god damn does 6 anger me. Both have amazing combat systems and playing the demo and seeing the gameplay at TGS makes me utterly depressed.

I can appreciate maneuvering environments and more interiors, but why butcher the combat when you basically had it down in Zero. Just had to add some more interesting styles and fix enemy movesets and AI along with the targeting and grab hitboxes.

Still can't believe she's vidya-related now. Her and Emi Takei. JUSTICE PREVAILS
It's absolutely hellacious.

>tfw just imported Kiwami to get that improved combat gameplay fix before 0
What's the issue with it? Wasn't it just a reskinned 0? Unless that itself was the problem.

>trns out her tits are just floppy

The music is shit, and it feels rushed. Places like Deborah look like zero effort has been put into them. Graphically it doesn't look as Zero or Ishin. The boss fights are fucking horrendous as they are just damage sponges.

Well, she is a cake now. A cake that's already married.

Maybe. Please buy 0.

Well damn, that's a shame.

>The boss fights are fucking horrendous as they are just damage sponges.
This, holy shit.
>Take the same concept of "Feel the Heat" in 3
>Instead of automatically happening as they get to their last health bar, you have to pick the right style and do a move to initiate it
>failing to do so quickly will have them regenerate a good chunk of health back and you have to do it all over again
Fuck that!

What's with all the hostility in this thread?

This. Buy 10 copies and give 9 out to your friends.

Completely unrelated but

>Jingu's dub voice in 1

fucking kek

Oh don't worry user, I fully intend to buy 0. Just worried if Sega will give a shit

Its the game's sloppy way of telling you to master the Tiger Drop, unless you like chipping away at health bars for hours.

Thaat's terrible design though, Tiger Drop should be something you do if you feel like it. Not something to solely rely on. Leave that cheesy shit to high tier Colosseum bosses and trainers like Komaki.

youtube.com/watch?v=U76chEyJjKw

>comment section is decent

what a miracle

Oh no I agree, I was baffled as to how Nagoshi claimed that this is how he wanted Ryu ga Gotoku 1 to be all along after finishing it. I still enjoyed my time with it, but shit I was disappointed.

Majima anywhere mechanic also got very repetitive and just wanted to get them over with to get all the moves.

>Majima anywhere mechanic

Would've been cool if he didn't show up as often as he did, it really killed his presence.

You guys are alright. You can come round to my hideout and fuck my Kyoudai.

Is your Kyoudai handsome?

>get to the hotel Majima fight
>Recieve You Kiwami plays

Yes. As long as you like turtle necks.

Best song in the game
youtube.com/watch?v=xQomvC1OL9Y

But Steve's dead user

What do the voices in Majima's Receive You tracks say?

Aside from the IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'LL RECEIVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I have no fucking clue

2>4>5>3>1

graphics whores for some reason exist now in Yakuza threads

youtube.com/watch?v=2ukzUE3U3c8&index=37&list=PL6tEKS4ytBEMPAQn8kR0KVc1KKmzRg9oH

WHY

Did they get a new guy on music? What's the obsession with wubshit now?

How did they mess that one up so bad, his theme in Ishin was fantastic
the other boss themes in Zero are good too

Easily the worst track in the game. Make a god like remix for 3 and then for Ishin, and then they make this turd.

> not in a language that matters

I realize you're probably going to call me a weeb, but Japanese is a pretty great language to know if you like video games. It's also not as ridiculously hard to learn as it seems.

Yeah, Chinese is WAY worse to learn.

>That entire Saejima chapter in 5
I FUCKING GET IT, GAME

>Yakuza 1's ending

All the feels are rushing back.

How the fuck did Yumi, Kiryu, and Haruka survive that explosion? They were literally at the epicenter of the blast.

Kiryu finally became Like a Dragon™

>Amazing Grace out of nowhere

They felt the heat.

crowd control counters and grab set ups with a super man punch that feels fucking great to land,god damn it i guess the style will never return then?

No you don't. Play some more, KYOUDAI!

>(which are useless on almost all bosses)
You just gotta get creative. Pretty sure I managed to lock every boss in infinite combos as Shinada.

meant to quote

>This series isn't for you

I've personally been playing since the first game came out, and I fucking hate that song. It's terrible.

So can I jump right to Yakuza 4 then? I own 3 and 4 on PS3 and I want to play 0 and 6 when they release.

PC when?

Cred Forums Pass user since July 2014.

7 has you play as a slightly older and less arrogant Sousuke Komaki, Akiyama, and Majima.

I'd be okay with that.

>He fell for the PC meme

In 7 you'll play as Daigo and try your hardest not to fuck up, but still end up fucking up anyway.

mfw the kiryu fight
youtube.com/watch?v=Ty3BK6IUxuU

Fuck that
Spiritual successor or gtfo

is it just me or is this thread getting pushed down page counts super fast

Nah that's Cred Forums
You need shitposting or the thread dies

3 was the shittiest game in the series because the writer just up and removed one of the best characters in the series just because.

Fuck that.

Make Daigo and Arase the playable characters. Daigo will be accidentally fucking things up and Arase will just be shooting fucks up, together they will be searching for Kiryu in order to ruin his fucking life again.

>removing based kashiwagi for a retarded twist
2's was a bit ridiculous in the grand scheme of things
4's ruined whatever build up it tried to muster up by the last chapter
5's went nowhere

3' actually did irreparable damage that could never be undone. Fuck that writing team.

Even worse is that fucking twist is a character we will never see again anyways.

but muh Rikiya tho

fuck rikiya

Why is 2 so good?

because beating the shit out of the finale boss with a bowling ball that you got from a construction worker is something of a rare experience

>running on the farm
>knock Haruka over onto her knees
>my face when

Rip

>Yakuza 2's ending
>Kiryu stuck on millennium tower with bomb
>Shot of everyone freaking out
>Kiryu and cop lady make peace with their deaths
>Timer hits one
>Silent Night plays
>SO THE BOMB WAS A DUD HUH?

This song is why Yakuza 4 is better than 5.

These games fucking suck.

Did you know someone who actually pre-ordered them?

3 is pretty good waifu fag

Not him, but kinda justified man. Kaoru was pretty cute. And pretty competent. Kinda got less cute when she got rendered in 3, but that's mainly the engine's fault. Lily in 4 looked horrible compared to her real life model due to lack of good shading and fine facial features.

3 was good. Final boss theme was great.

He only pre-ordered one of them.

Speaking of which, post some music from this series' fuck awful ost.

youtube.com/watch?v=mhLKhTbAb8s&list=PL172094E178B31FF8&index=9

don't know if you're still here but I'm on the bios part. i'm kinda retarded so I'm not sure what to do.

Copy all those bios files to folder where you downloaded pcsx2 into subfolder Bios (create one). You'll have this: /PCSX2/Bios/*bunch of files*
Then run PCSX2 and it should ask you for your language and bios. Choose USA 2.0 or something and continue.

Speaking of how to improve the games. Tighten the fucking HEAT prompts. I'm sick of heat prompts not appearing when they should, and I get fucked over. Like the sword one in Ishin where you have to run to 3 people. It never fucking works when I need it to.

Yeah they have always had this issue since they added more and more heat moves with every game.

Only heat prompts I had problems with are prompts from that "rotating bucket on the head" move.

yeah i figured it out as soon as i posted. thanks though.

also does the ds4 controller work for this emulator?

If it works in games it should be detected here.

You think about my c*** lately?

Anyone sexualized Hana__?

gross dude

even skinny she looks like crap

She looks better than most of hostess in game.

no not really

her head is karl pilkington levels of round

Who /Akarifag/ here?

>Yakuza 2

>Last fight against Ryuji is just as good as the first one, if not even better

This damn game man.

I'm talking about getting them to actually activate.

Nothing pisses me off more than when the prompt just vanishes and I end up eating shit.

I hope if they'll remake it, they will put more effort in it than in Kiwami. It deserves a proper treatment. But probably it'll be an addon for 6. Hell, they even brought back coop heatmoves in 6.

MIDNIGHT SHADOW

Co-op heats was also in 5

It was the last difficult Yakuza game for me. The QTEs were pretty fast, enemies hit hard, and the final boss was damn satisfying to beat, both in terms of plot and gameplay.

Damn, I forgot about that.

I want to play Dead Souls

Just started playing the first one and there seems to be a bit of blurs around lights in the street that sometimes go over characters making them a bit blurry as well.

Is this normal?

Emulation issue, check the pcsx2 wiki

Ill check now. Pic related is what it looks like when the lights appear. When the sign lights go off it becomes clear again.

>Aspect Raidou

Tearing through the midnight shadow, the acceleration burns through the Highway City
I look down to the passenger seat at your rouge coloured sorrow.
You wrapped me up like a sharpened knife, My sweet babe
I’ll repaint the vomit-inducing past and future.
Let’s go, to the paradise just for us.

I will shower you in 100 million, 200 million, 10 billion kisses, baby.
I will never let you go from my arms ever again.
Just fall in Love with MachineGun Kiss

Connect to the chains. If I am going to lose my freedom
I will throw my worthless honour and money to the dogs.
The romantic last dance
doesn’t suit me like this.
You should load the bullet and pull the trigger
at this insane world
as well as at the nightmares that haunt you.

We’ll tear apart this never-ending spiral of sadness with a kiss, lady.
Devils and gods won’t judge our love.
I need you baby tonight. Hold me tight.

I’ve kicked out the hindrances of fate and accepted dogma.
So, smile for me, my venus, my dear Maria.
Time is already our memories

I will shower you in 100 million, 200 million, 10 billion kisses, baby.
I will never let you go from my arms ever again.
Just fall in Love with MachineGun Kiss

am i doing it right now

Turn on 16-9 in game settings

>There are people that dont go straight into options the first time they boot up a new game

was 16:9

>I look down to the passenger seat at your rouge coloured sorrow.
>I’ll repaint the vomit-inducing past and future.

Soon.

GAME settings. Not emulator settings.

So cute. Then she got BLEACHED.

>BLACKED*

thanks

now i need to figure out this lighting blur problem

But that just makes her even cuter. At least I know I'd have a chance if she were real.

THE CUTEST

Her VA is sorely underappreciated. She hasn't even gotten any other notable work besides it. Yu Daiki. Really nice Osakan accent.

She benefited so hard from the artstyle of 2, before they started modeling main characters after real-life people/models. She looked pretty bad in 3.

It will remove broken light effects. No other way.

>Kaoru comes back in 6 for reasons relating to the Jingweon mafia
>Older, wisecracking, MILFy INTERPOL Senior Investigator Kaoru Sayama

>Japanese woman
Looking MILF before hitting the 40s

>INTERPOL Senior Investigator

That would be a neat way to bring her back.

Tangentially related, but Tamiyo (mama-san that runs "Aoi," the bar that you take Kaoru to when she's wounded) reminds me a lot of the new mama-san (Kiyomi) in Onomichi-Jingaicho in 6.

>before they started modeling main characters after real-life people/models.

I'm still wondering what the hell happened to Daigo? He looks like a completely different person, I mean how did we go from this

Pic for comparison.

to this.

the resemblance is there. whoa.

Are they the same character?

>Kiyomi Kasahara is actually Tamiyo's younger sister

boi...

they arr rook same

rude

Nope, they do look really similar though. Thought someone would make the comparison already, but then again, there is a lot of characters to remember in this series.
I would lose my shit if that happened. Not sure how it'd fit, but the story in the series is ridiculous enough.

>mfw

It's almost uncanny, down to the similar clothes/necklace. They couldn't possibly set it up as a connection back to Kaoru...right?

RIGHT?!?!

Nah, the writers canned her off anyway...better off tempering expectations...

kiryu-chan

POPS!

Is sega really going to remaster the first two games or it was just a rumor?

Komaki shows up in Osaka trying to find challengers but then he sees Majima and recognizes he's strong, then he becomes the trainer for Majima's streetfighter style

Kiwami already exists, man.

dualshockers.com/2016/07/31/sega-considering-ps4-remakes-for-yakuza-2-3-4-and-5/

They already remastered 1st one. Not in English though.

Fuck Kiwami. I want Kiwami 2, with the original score intact.

>Tatsuro Yamashita
I LOVE HIM HE'S ONE OF MY FAVORITE MUSICIANS OF ALL TIME HE'S A GENIUS

I really never expected this, amazing.
youtube.com/watch?v=t2wjCX81CHM

Are the heat flames that come off of you ever explained in world?

Naw. It's there to look cool.

Ancient souls of elder Gods that are represented by tattoos on their backs. They feed on pain and anger.

>Kiwami 2
>Original score intact
>Expanded PA section where you can take Kaoru and Haruka out on the town with brand new dialogue/interactions

bruh

Who cares it looks cool.

I'm listening to 4's soundtrack and I don't remember hearing most of these songs.

As much as I want Kiwami 2, I'm really worried about the soundtrack. Kiwami 1's soundtrack was a fucking abomination and the thought of them ruining a scattered moment just fills me with dread.

Does anyone know how the music in Kiwami 1 was received in Japan? Did anyone complain about it?

vid very related

youtube.com/watch?v=8WqPwJqP66k

What the fuck were they thinking?

>yfw Majima is going to dies

I would be okay with Kiwami soundtrack if they gave an option to switch it to original soundtrack. Shame that they didn't and PS4 is still unhacked, so no way to bring it back in superior version.

>Loser.jpg

What?

I'll feel really sad. He is one of the most beloved characters in the series for many people.

It was Yakuza 3's original intro song.

Supposedly Majima is one of the most popular characters. They'd be stupid to kill off both him and Kiryu in the same game. I mean it could happen, but I really hope not. We still need at least one Majima only game imo.

Kick back and groove to the sounds of 80s Japan.

youtube.com/watch?v=W8RpARGU7kE

I am sure that Kiryu won't die. Nagoshi already said that having no Kiryu is like having a Mario game without Mario. He's just going to make endless cameos forever

this is great, thanks.

He also said that he knows that RGG series has to end some day.

3's story is better than 2's.

nigga

hahaha

no.

What is best receive and why is is receive and bite you?

youtube.com/watch?v=dwukthJYEqM

As much as I love 3, this is wrong.

>Ayaka Tomoda in 0

eheh

Not now since it's getting more popular in Asian countries and has a chance to sell in the west.

>that moment when Yuma Asami was a hostess in 2 and I didn't even realize it

3 is better than 2 combat , boss fight, and OST wise.

Side story I dont know though 2 has be my baby

Yet 3 has the drag queen.

Story+atmosphere 2
Boss fights + soundtrack + combat = 3

3 is my favorite though because its kiryu and kiryu only.

Nagoshi got all the fine bitches for that game. Kaede Matsushima, Yuma Asami, Nana Natsume. All super popular JAV idols back then.

Wrong, either 5's or the original.
4 is a distant 3rd from the rest

Speed Star > Affected Fight

youtube.com/watch?v=oEo2kqpEeOs

It's not even the best version in its own game.
youtube.com/watch?v=RSexBGkswTQ

1 4 1 0 6

AISHITERUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

youtube.com/watch?v=jTwq759oIME

Swear man, these karaoke songs make me want to belt them out myself.

Best Majima related piece is youtube.com/watch?v=PgKmSixrrMQ

All his battle themes in Zero are top notch

My nigga. I agree with your second statement as well. Assassin is good too, but god damn the dancer theme is too funky fast.

>those EEEEEYEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOYEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHs

This is probably one of my favorite songs in the entire series. It sounds smooth and classy while still getting you pumped up to tear some shit up, it fits Akiyama perfectly.

this is pretty shit

Sounds like someone needs a hand towel.

Not really. Anyway, can someone post the pastebin with links to the soundtracks? I want to download Ishin's.

1 & 2 - Many sidequests are obnoxious to trigger without guide gaming

3 - Story as a whole and it didn't offer much change from 2 in general. Also cut content in west.

4 - Story, character switching in one location gets annoying

5 - Story, new cities are almost void of activities and are simply there because "gotta have lots of places", fucking up the Premium Adventure, missable content in general, story. Shit FPS as well.

6 is looking up to be shit fps & mashy combat (and most likely shit story as well)

>missable content in general,
Oh for crying out loud, not again, I thought only 1 and 2 suffered from it. Please don't tell me Kenzan, Ishin, or the PSP games have missable stuff as well.

if they made a spinoff game, what would you want it to be

yet another re-release of yakuza 1 but this time it's a what-if story where you play as nishiki and kiryu becomes evil and wicked

another one is an idea i read here on Cred Forums is "like a mad dog" where you're majima and it'd take place in taiwan or some other 2nd world asian country with a seedy underbelly

Kenzan was made before 3 and has some missable shit.
5 doesn't have any missable content, I don't know what the fuck he was talking about.

I don't know but after putting his face into a cement wall multiple times to convince him to become the leader of the Tojo clan, maybe just maybe I altered his face a tad bit.

I posted this in yesterday's thread, but basically make another Samurai themed spin off based on the Akira Kurosawa movie Seven Samurai.

>bandits keep raiding a poor farming village
>the peasants gain the attention of Kiryu (a ronin) who offers to help them drive away the bandits
>the peasants agree, but they can only pay him with rice
>Kiryu accepts and forms a band of ronin composed of himself, Akiyama, Tanimura, Saejima, Majima, Goda and Shinada
>Seven kyoudai: coming 2017

That would also explain why he's such a retard.

isn't the way of the samurai yakuza + samurai themed?

Yeah, it is. But they've already done two samurai spin offs with RGG Kenzan and RGG Ishin, another one wouldn't hurt.

I just watched Yojimbo with a friend, how does Seven Samurai compare?

>5 doesn't have any missable content, I don't know what the fuck he was talking about.
Yes it does. For example Haruka whatever IF7 stuff is missable, several fishes are missable, ALL OF HARUKA'S SIDE MISSIONS and some food are missable.

Zero's got some great songs, but then it's got shit like this..
i don't know which is worse, this or for buddy

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0DKHd_526b8

Oh and if you open or even collect the locker keys as Haruka you can fuck yourself up as well.

It's great, but it's fairly slow paced and longer than Yojimbo. I find Yojimbo easier to get into and I tend to rewatch it more often, were as I have to be in the right mood for Seven Samurai. It's still one of Kurosawa's best films (which is saying a lot), and you should definitely watch it at some point.

Also recommend

Ran
Throne of Blood
Sanjuro (sequel to Yojimbo)
Rashomon
Kagemusha
The Hidden Fortress (movie that inspired George Lucas into making Star Wars)
Stray Dog (not a samurai movie but still good)
Ikiru (Also not samurai related, but also good)

I played through Yakuza 1 on my PC and I started 2. After the mission where the police woman gets shot my HDD corrupted and I lost my save. I was having so much fun too. I want to go back and finish it but I don't feel like going through the beginning again.

I'm gonna do it anyway because the game was fun as hell

Collecting the keys is fine, so long as you don't use them.

When I picked up the Keys as Akiyama it wouldn't share the keys at all so better safe than sorry.

>collected 38 keys with Haruka before realising what a huge mistake it was
Well I don't really use items a lot but I fucked that one. So I can't put then towards an item box everyone can use near the end of the game like 4?

Oh yeah, and finding out you couldn't actually wear the clothes Ms Park bought for you was a tad disappointing.

Some items are really helpful for gambling and some are needed for modifications (which are unique to that playthrough) so it's fucked up.

Haruka's stuff only shares after the game has been completed so you can't get them shared before it's too late.

These games seem really neat and I'd love to play them. Where should I start? I don't mind taking my time. Are the first two available on the ps3 or something?

Since Tanimura is apparantly a no-go you'd probably get someone else instead (maybe Mine, going by Ishin)

If we're really moving away from Kiryu after this game, I'd like them to shift away from the Tojo focus entirely and maybe start following the Omi Alliance side for the hell of it instead. You damn well know that Watase from 5 would be a fun playable character.

Well fuck my life.

> Are the first two available on the ps3 or something?
Only in moonspeak.

After that the plots are godawful until 0 so don't expect too much. You can basically start with any of the games.

Is it worth importing the non-english games if I can't speak moon? Are there easy to follow guides?

>Kenzan was made before 3 and has some missable shit.
Any specifics or does the KHHsubs guide cover it? I'm jotting this down for later use.

I know for 1 it's missions that can be missed if you choose the wrong answer and some locker keys can also be missed if you advance too many areas, no clue about 2.

Do the games have subtitles in English at least?

Nah, they're all garbage and you're not missing out on much.

These games fucking suck.

Nope.

The first game only ever had dub to begin with.

Hope you noticed what I said about missables. He doesn't seem to know much if he thinks 5 doesn't have missables.

First two in English are PS2 only. You can easily emulate them.

My PC is definitely powerful enough to emulate you got any links to guides?

>Since Tanimura is apparantly a no-go

Oh yeah, good point. They'd either have to remodel his face or go with someone else. It would have been nice to actually have all the playable characters (besides Haruka who would just be an npc) in a single game, with expanded versions of their fighting styles and movesets. Just imagine Akiyama for example doing all his kick moves while also fighting with a katana. I need to stop thinking about this, it just makes me sad that it will never happen.

I've just ordered the HD collection and Kenzan a couple days ago and I can only speak English, but I've been doing some research.

From what I gather you basically just use the guides available for the PS2 versions and the HD section specifically on GameFAQs, especially if you plan on 100% them. However, unless you really want a trophy collection starting from 1 all the way to 5 on the PS3 you're better off just emulating the first two games than ordering the HD version.

Nope, Japanese only on the Japanese version, otherwise everyone would just import 1 and 2 HD without a problem.

Yeah, I noticed, thanks a bunch for going into detail, I'm throwing it all into a Pastebin. Since he mentioned it I just thought I'd ask him.

o-oh okay

He's memeing

Yeah, they're great, ignore this fagIshin is one of the best games in the series imo. Use this guide if you're going to play it. It should cover everything you'll need to know.

khhsubs.com/projectsrggishin.html

The trophy roadmaps are good place to know what all is missable but most of the missables are either Haruka related (practically everything Haruka related is missable), screwing up keys or anything to do with time of the day (fishing, some food)

Well, Kenzan has no trophies which is why I asked about that after he mentioned stuff was missable in it. Am I to assume it's still the same stuff you listed then?

fucking amazing. buying the vinyl as we speak

I know nothing about Kenzan, sorry.

Really easy for Kenzan and Ishin.

Pretty much all sidemissions are tied to time of the day. Evening, for example, is available only twice as I recall.

if kiryu dies will be for anything both stupid and epic like fighting to the death a entire yakuza clan by himself in the rooftop os a colappsing building and even if he dies in his last moment he will be able to land one last punch in the main bad guy who will make him undertand how wrong he was

STUPID

Kiryu's last stand would be amazing, but how the hell would they even top the dock part from 5. Kiryu already beat up like 300 guys and dodged anti tank missiles by himself

OLD

HARUKA

how to surpas that moment? well. Angrier kiryu, more heat actions during the fight and as the building i imagine that fight is collapsing building some major ground movements while the floor breaks and the fighting area gets smaller and smaller

DELET

He gets sniped post credits.

Does Kiryu kill anyone during his fights? Cannonly he only breaks many bones, but those who you can thrown from a balcony in Y5 have it hard to do not die and the highway part in Y2 shooting with a gun to thugs who falls in the road at high speed wounded.....

Have him actually march into Millenium Tower and destroy the Tojo Clan for good this time.

How well did yakuza 5 sell in the west?

Can anyone post the break necker webms from Yakuza 0?

It was a free game not even a year after release.

So I'd say not well.

We've had some debates about this on here before, and the bottom line is no one really knows. None of the writers or Nagoshi have ever commented on it, so as of right now, it's pretty much whatever you want it to be.

I think the general consensus is something like

street fights: no one dies, no matter how painful it looks.

combat "stages": you can kill them if you want by throwing them off of ledges or shooting them with guns, but most people imagine that the "real" Kiryu wouldn't use lethal force here, so it's only something that the player has a choice in.

car shooting stages: here is where it gets tricky, Kiryu's opponents are blatantly getting killed here, what with the fucking cars exploding and everything, and the player doesn't have a choice in the matter, you have to kill them to survive. I'm going to go with yes, Kiryu killed them in self defense, and unless they ever come out and say otherwise, I'm going to keep believing in that, as out of character as it seems for him.

Arguably Ryuji.

Came out when ps3 was already kinda dead and as a digital release only. Was on ps+ for free 8 months after release.

It's good we got Zero localization knowledge before release even.

You do realise that Sony pays SEGA for it, right?

There are many games that even launch as PS+ title. Had it not sold sufficiently they would not have done Y0 localisation on their own either. (Although now it's plagues with honorifics crap)

Why are honorifics bad? Not saying they are good just genuinely curious as I'm not familiar with the language.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that.

Seems kinda pointless in English sentences. Didn't really have a problem with 'Mr' and 'Uncle Kaz' and whatnot before.

It's completely pointless when it comes to English. Atlus / Persona localisers just seem to love it for """"Authentic experience""""" and there's always the claim how it makes character connections so much "deeper" when you see what honorifics they use to regard eachother.

Nigga fuck you

youtube.com/watch?v=BWa9xpFkJeA

Which you could tell from the character's speech anyway if you have a basic understanding with honorifics.

pastebin.com/L1ypDL83

well it's safe to assume he's killed this dude at least, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=CwJ0GwZK_TQ

Would just like to pass this along, found it while trying to find a simplified missables guide instead of just stuff lumped together when things are available, and English trophy walkthroughs for the first two games is a bit of a pain to find. It lists in both 1 and 2 exactly what is missable(Even if you have to read it in Google Translate English), but it's simple enough to understand.
wiki.denfaminicogamer.jp/ps3trophies/龍が如く1&2_HD_EDITION

It's lazy is the main reason. For every term we have an English equivalent or at least a way to translate so it makes sense. The thing is that we may not use terms like underclassman/upperclassman in the ways the Japanese do or even at all, but keep in mind it's a Japanese game so the cultural connotation is there so as long as you have that in the back of your mind it's fine..

A good translator can find their ways around the honorific issue, be it rewording a sentence(While keeping the original intent of both the character and sentence) or writing the character in a certain way that stays true to what was intended, but in a way to get the honorific meaning across(Like a character being rude to one person in a passive aggressive way).

Of course, it could be argued that saying stuff like "Mr." or "Mrs." in place of -san can make things sound very stilted, but at that point you'd figure a way to rewrite the sentence to show a respectful but neutral stance towards a character rather than just leave it as Name-san. People also really like to take the honorific thing to an extreme which leads to people defending it because it makes the game "Seem more Japanese" or like they're "Learning about Japanese culture".

Then you just end up with TV-N subs.

Oh definitely. Also consider the car gunfights scenarios.

Nah, his back was a little sore, but he was able to walk it off and even took part in a karaoke competition on that same night.

What's the worst song and why is it 0's install screen?

So which ost was the best?

Nah in the seventh game he will become a junky and to show how cool the new guy is they will have him immediately stomp Kiryus head in.

I kid though of course pls don't die ;-;

youtube.com/watch?v=abnESUXkNEU

youtube.com/watch?v=4uWdULFhuPM

easy
youtube.com/watch?v=lR7OahhCVx8

It's a really really hard choice. I honestly can't make it.

There is nothing wrong with honorifics when the game is so rooted in jap culture. They actually fit perfectly. Stop being such a dumb Americunt.

t. A not-american user who has no problem with americanization when it fits as well.

>that preview thumbnail

BRING HER BACK

FUUUUUUUUUCK

IMO since the game isn't dubbed it's tolerable. It was annoying to read Shigeki and head Baba-chan all the time in Y5

>There is nothing wrong with honorifics when the game is so rooted in jap culture
Again, it's just a lazy way to translate something. In a perfect world characters would be translated to factor in the honorifics and how it shows the character's disposition towards something while also trying to stay way from inserting stilted titles or just using a name just to somewhat match the honorific. Why do you willingly accept the bare minimum?

Americanization isn't a good thing either because then you end up with Phoenix Wright or Yokai Watch where things absolutely cannot be Japanese in any way despite having Japanese things shoved into your face on a constant basis and it just gets irritating.

Is there a translation somewhere? I've been using several combinations of "sobo", "tatsuro yamashita" and "english" and it leads to nothing.

I guess you had some Japanese skills?

It's literally Kiryu saying farewell.

>all these Yakuza threads hitting 500

I love you guys. January is going to be great.

Around 100k.
That's what we can interpret from Nagoshi's recent interview.

Ah yeah, I remember how fine it sounds when everyone is KANJI-KOON or some other shit.

Only Atlus persona team has the fetish for honorifics.

I doubt that though
youtube yakuza videos barely hit 50k+
and we're always 70-100 same people on yakuza thread.
10k-30k sales, maybe?

The fact that he's still going make me happy

>only really played through 4
>still looking forward to January

Nothing beats Funk Goes On for me, always got me pumped. Shame the Kiwami version is rubbish.

CAN'T WAIT FOR 6 TOO

That's what he said.
>We get more and more comments from players overseas, and we do listen to them. In the West we have about 100,000 players, which compared to the players we have in Japan is a very small number, but we consider them to be very important fans, and we want to make games that they will enjoy.
Around E3 he also said that the situation around the series in the west is currently the best they had, but it's still not very good.

I wonder what it'll take for Yakuza to really establish themselves in the 'west'.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but I believe PC port would give it a lot of attention. Even if they ported only Y4.

NEW THREAD?

nah

aww ok

k

I think we should wait for another announcement or some new gameplay footage. While these threads are fun, they can get a little repetitive when there is nothing new going on, and we do tend to repeat ourselves sometimes. Just my opinion though, up to you.

Agree. This is getting repetitive.