youtube.com/watch?v=pJCvFrg__AM
youtube.com/watch?v=cUW_bXll6YM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>fire laser gun
>reload with bullets

>laser gun needs to be reloaded when it over-heats

huh, what you fired a laser before?

>laser gun doesn't have infinite range

Why would light have recoil? Are you retarded?

what the fuck is this?

Good.

Lasers, period, don't have infinite range.

Because you're applying a force in one direction. Light has momentum. Newton's third law still applies, just like any other kind of recoil.

>Mass Effect literally rewrote a universal lore just so the guns could have fucking clips to reload for the CoD audience

how to spot the nu-male who's never fired a gun before.

uh it's energy faglord and the most basic law of physics is energy in energy out

the negative energy has to go somewhere and thus the recoil

Huh, I wasn't aware flashlights had recoil

Except that it wouldn't have enough force to cause recoil. The same reason 500mW+ lasers don't have recoil. The applied force is so minimal.

I can understand plasma rifles, maybe. But lasers shouldn't have any kind of recoil.

I sure hope she is part money for some shitty anime plot. If not that is the fucking ugliest human being portrayal even imagined.

Also reloading laser guns actually makes sense as far as science is concerned. Fallout and shit reload laser or plasma for more charge because it is basically a battery. When you reload to cool down a gun it is possible (for some gun designs) that you have some kinda hydrogen or some shit container that expels to rapidly cool the internals to a less critical state.

Flashlights don't have recoil you mongoloid

That's not how it works. "Energy" means everything from heat to light. A laser generated from electronics doesn't produce "energy" in the same way a bullet exploding out of a metal tube does. Even if there is recoil, do you know if it's enough that it simply won't be absorbed by the weight of the gun?

>fire laser gun
>doesn't insta-blind gun user and enemy

>fire laser gun
>it travels like long string bullet instead of ray

>Fire laser at wall
>Leaves a bullet hole

Flashlights have recoil. You haven't noticed it because it's small.

Any amount of force causes recoil.

500mW lasers do have recoil. Of course it's a small recoil. Sci fi laser weapons would be much more powerful, so they'd have a larger recoil.

>American education

Laser? I barely knew her!

Which part do you disagree with?

Photons having momentum, or Newton's third law?

light has momentum, but it doesnt have mass

>it's a Cred Forums tries to reason about physics episode

She's a little ape, a beast race of primates known as Sems.

>It has recoil, I wrote the book on recoil so it's not recoil by my standards and you're WRONG!

Newton was a dumbass and his theories of energy are being changed by modern scientist finding new evidence against him.
I'm surprised you're still taught about him American schools at all.

are there any big apes?

>Guin Saga
A shame the story is so fucking awful.

And?

Also, do you know what momentum is?

>fire laser gun
>doesn't move at light speed
>but bullets do

it needs mass to push you dumb faggot

>he doesnt understand that light carries momentum proportional to its energy due to the magnetic field

Rage of a thousand sons over this shit. Seriously the lore reasoning for no clips was pretty neat. Then they had to fuck it up along with most of the game. Worst part is most people will praise this choice.

>implying light is a particle and not a wave

Mmmhmm, and what country do you live in where Newton is wrong?

>new scientific theories challenge old ones
>old models still work but the new ones work better
>open up a modern, up-to-date textbook
>"Newton was a dumbass"
What amazing times we live in, right?

>American cuisine

>Bullets are hitscan.
>Lasers have travel time.
FTFY

>momentum means pass to push

Incorrect. Try again. You can use google if you need to.

>Newton was a dumbass
nigga developed calculus at the age most students learn about it, you privileged little futuristic fuck

>They even try making a joke about it in the Shadow Broker DLC

Go fffffffuck yourself Bioware you lazy hacks.

What's amazing here is that you all are sitting at your browser, right now, and could google the truth at any given second. And yet you still manage to display a lack of basic knowledge that would be shocking even to a small school child.

>science
>work
>work better
Retard.

>fire lasers
>Takes a while to reach the target

>Fire machine gun
>Hitscan.

Yeah man he only figured shit out in a way that worked for like 500 years in a time where even owning a book was a luxury. What a dumb fuck. If he'd have just checked reddit and read up on Tesla he would've seen the errors of his ways.

>negative energy

Not gonna argue. A lot of Amerilards out there think In and Out is god tier food.

>Americans

Why bother discussing this with you?
Europe and Japan has totally surpassed you dumb fucks in understanding the universe.
Keep believing Isaac Newton is relevant today, whatever makes you feel smarter.

They didn't rewrite shit. Improvements in shield technology required more powerful firearms. More powerful firearms generated more heat even in ME1. More heat generation without better heat dissipation means you need heatsinks.
It was a stupid design choice but don't pretend it was lore butchering. The lore team handled it extremely well.

Momentum equals mass*velocity

>fire a laser gun in space
>the "projectile" travels slowly
>it makes a sound

>short range weapons instantly reach targets at long distances
>long range weapons have a hit delay even if you shoot at the floor beneath your feet

>clips
>not mags

CYKA

uh... lasers DON'T have infinite range, they dissipate over a large distance. Now in a shooting game on the ground, sure lasers should have a long distance and practically be snipers, but in space at least you'd see their ranges are finite.

>be me
>working at a lighthouse
>night comes
>go to the top to turn it on
>fucking fall off the tower from the recoil
every fucking time what do lads

What? We're talking about guns here buddy.
The standard for recoil is pretty much universal for anyone that's fired a gun.

Let me put it in layman's terms for you.
If you fire something, and you need to 're-acquire' the target because the gun has moved so significantly then it's recoil.

I didn't care. I thought clipless was neat, but you have to be really autistic to rage over such a minor change, particularly when they changed Vanguard for the better

Are they supposed to erase all mentions of Isaac Newton because after 500 years someone else came up with something new?

Is Steve Jobs supposed to replace all mentions of Alexander Graham Bell because he made the iPhone and that's better than Bell's telephone?

>space is just so big that even at the speed of light theres travel time
>its just computer generated sounds to make the gunner feel better

>Alexander Bell
Who the FUCK is that?

This. It was developed based on geth tech which they didn't have before because no one ever encountered geth.
My only real problem is that you can't just keep firing even a little bit with no heatsinks left.

I've always hated how heavy sunlight felt on my shoulders.

lol its both silly willy

The guy that made the telephone

>admiring something the Mass Effect writing/lore team did well
that's something you don't see every day

I like the Elite: Dangerous explanation for it. The ship's computer simulates sounds to provide auditory feedback to the pilot, allowing them to process information faster by taking advantage of more senses simultaneously.

kek

this is literally a reddit thread from a few days ago
also flashlights do carry an extremely small amount of momentum from the light emitted from them, but it's not "recoil" in the same way that a shotgun creates recoil

You got it backwards.

Light dissipates less in space than they do in atmosphere.

You'd probably think it's shorter in space because it's fucking massive spaceships shooting at each other in the ranges of thousands of kilometers.

>fire without sinks
>damage your weapon
>can't use it until it gets repaired
Old Bioware would have done this.

What the fuck was he even trying to make. I thought it was going to be chili until he got the mayo out. What the fuck.

>fucking light how does it work

It is recoil. Again it's very small and you can't notice it, but it's the exact same principle of a shotgun's recoil.

that's impossible wtf

Yuropoors everyone.

>light doesnt have mass
That's just plain wrong.

Nobody thinks that. It used to be God tier fast food though.

>clips

They were clips you illiterate. The magazine that fed the heatsinks into the firearm was a part of the weapon itself, allowing for the CLIPS to be universally designed.

A photon has no rest mass. It's what we think of as mass, so he's correct.

Photons have something called relativistic mass, and thus have momentum.

not disagreeing with you but it's exponentially smaller force than what the OP is describing

It's one at a time, or exists as a superpositioned quantum state when unobserved. What is a wave slit test.

>getting autistic when they don't hold bullets and therefore neither term 'correctly' applies here
The concept of a clip for heat sinks is completely legitimate, retard.

It's what you think of as mass, maybe. Light does have mass, you just admitted it.

God, why is Cred Forums so dumb at the sciences?

>retards that don't understand that light has momentum
A flashlight would accelerate in a vacuum with no other force acting on it you fucking idiots

They weren't clips though, they were just heatsinks. They didn't contain the ammunition.

stfu it still is god tier fast food

What's wrong with American food? Absolutely nothing.

Right, but the force is so limited that it doesn't have felt recoil in pragmatic terms. Any argument is semantics

Because most people actually believe that geometrical optics is correct

a photon does carry energy, however, thus changing the inertial state of the mass which emitted it

its not pls go back to school

That pizza was massively undercooked in that episode.

>fire beam rifle
>most delicious sfx known to man
youtube.com/watch?v=pJCvFrg__AM

>They were clips you illiterate.
Just because you call them clips between your cawwadoody friends doesn't mean they're actually clips.

THESE are clips.

We only refer to ammunition holders as clips or magazines because that's all we load into our firearms in such a way. If we began loading something else into our firearms the same way the terminology would not need to change.

>its not
not until you observe it ;^)

Cred Forums - Physics and Flashlights

HEY DAE QUANTUM ENTANGLEMENT?

Shut the fuck up you illiterate piece of shit. Yes, those are clips. These are clips too. The difference between clip and magazine is the presence of a loading mechanism.

>fire laser gun
>fire

quit making me giggle at dumb shit you guys

well no, I understand that they do dissapate less in space than in atmosphere but what i'm getting at is that in atmosphere they're still long enough range to be snipers, which is typically the longest range in games you can use anything directly.

You CAN see the limit of lasers in space because space is huge and you're firing them much further away in a giant open void.

Today we are preparing to use lasers on boats to shoot down drones and aircraft, so to give an infantry a laser in a video game is to give him something of practically infinite range.

Space is so huge that you can see the range. That's my point.

Better than Cred Forums - Waifus and Fleshlights

If I turned off the lights, would you die?

>laser rifle
>it doesn't have rifling

There are many diverse kinds of American cuisine of varying quality. For instance, mid-west cooking is the stuff of nightmares.
>well done steaks and underseasoned potatoes for days

>hating on Americans

google American inventors and sit the fuck down.

> he doesn't like his steak well done

>pistols are rifled
>they don't call them rifles though

y

Not really. It's a somewhat original idea that they had to change because "we want the call of duty crowd" mentality. It's literally a prime example of catering to the lowest common denominator that has plagued gaming for the last few years. I'll admit it's my love of the original idea that causes such an autistic rage though.

Not all pistols are rifled.

>google American inventors
>lists all the niggers first
I love the liberal agenda.

>fire laser gun
>it ignores Dust and Mist in the air and does full damage

The civilised world doesn't. Thus it isn't surprising burgers like their meat cooked to to the point of destruction as they (as you should infer from the context) are not, in fact, civilised.

>whats the difference between a block of cheese and the united states?
>if you leave cheese for 200 years it grows a culture

I know, they were called pistols before rifling was done. But they should have called them rifles too if they were gonna do that, since the musket evolved into a rifle.

Could make sense if the reloaded part is your heatsink / cooling material keeping it from melting.

bugger off you realism pedants, the tau cannon feels awesome.

>liking well done steak
What the fuck is wrong with you

Japan says well done steaks are the only way to eat them, according to monster hunter. When have the japs ever lied?

They're different types of firearms made for different purposes. You could just call everything a weapon if you want to go down that road.

>pizza
>being american
America was a mistake.

That could be interesting from a hard sci-fi perspective. The limiting factor in laser/ray guns isn't providing them power to kill stuff, but providing them enough cooling to not melt the weapon itself/burn the user.

Laser gun ammo is actually two-part. One part battery and one part heat sink each with its own tolerances. It can also mean that overclocking your lasergun not only reduces number of shots the battery can provide (in exchange for increased killing force) but equally reduces number of shots a heatsink can typically soak before it warps to the point of uselessness. Bonus option: Suicide rounds. The concept of cranking up power output to maximum to get only a single shot at absolute maximum power output but at the cost of only getting a single shot due to it overwhelming the heatsink as well as draining the battery. So-called suicide rounds due to the irrepairable damage done to the weapon as well as the high chance of injury to the user.

>nanking

Faker than the Holocaust.

>When have the japs ever lied?

Every time they talk about food. Octopus, mayonnaise and bologna on pizza? at once? Fucking hell.

FUCK YOU!

Im cajun, i take pride in my food.

That shit is just fucking otherworldly.

a pity (You) since you put so much effort into the browser tabs

A laser weapon that has enough energy to disintegrate a person would absolutely have radiation pressure which is similar to recoil when applied in a weapon based manner. We're talking about a weapon capable of generating a beam of heat on par with the centre of the sun.

Radiation pressure is one of the many planned ways for space craft to be propelled through space without propellants. A minuscule laser is fired in the opposite direction, and the resulting pressure will slowly but surely propel the shuttle in the opposite direction of the beam.

Because the amount of heat produced to fire a laser that would actually kill somebody would cause a rapid distortion of the air around the barrel.

>laser gun
>it has recoil
>it has a stock

this

just look at the solar sail

Light DOES emit an opposing force when generated. You can literally use a flashlight to decelerate in space. It's just such a small force, that it's barely noticeable.

For example, our oldest space probes are off their predicted courses by great distances because the heat they are radiating via infrared light is pushing it asymmetrically.

Seriously, look up the science on it, it's pretty cool.

>so much effort
I didn't even tailor them to the subject. Those are just the generic ones.

How can light be real if our eyes aren't real?

CHECKMATE ATHESISTS.

>laser guns that don't travel at lightspeed

>plasma guns that do

isn't plasma supposed to be inert gas until it is electrocuted or something?

the only way i could see that working is a proximity plasma canister grenade launcher.

>In and Out
Not here in the east :(

>ABP
>NOT using Ublockorigin
Get your shit together senpai

>isn't plasma supposed to be inert gas until it is electrocuted or something?

correct

a plasma gun would have to somehow create a stream of inert gas between the gun and the target, and then fire an immense charge of electricity through the stream, using it like a wire

addendum: this also causes the gas to heat up immensely, which could also cause thermal damage to the target

and also cool colors depending on the gas

>increase STR
>bullet dmg increases

>Hundreds of years in the future
>Terminology need not change
Durr.
We still call artillery bombardments cannonade, right?
Wait...

mfw

grenade launcher that shoots canisters filled with plasma gas that are electrocuted on contact

>What the fuck was he even trying to make

Salad

I'm not even joking

youtube.com/watch?v=cUW_bXll6YM

Halo explains this by having plasma guns actually throw ion clouds containing the superheated plasma in a magnetic bubble.

>he thinks you dont need strength to maintain tight bursts

Am I being memed here?

>'laser'
>shoots multicoloured 'bolts' with recoil and travel times

that works i guess

levitating the gas so you don't fuck yourself up and allows it to focus on the target.

>railgun has a piddly shitty sound effect and looks like a generic laser

Laserfags will never know this feel.

As a bit of an amateur chef myself this guy disgusts me in a way I only reserve for the extreme level fo autism /tg/ displays at times. The sort of autistic-rage that makes me rant incoherently for hours on end about why somene is fundamentally wrong as a human being and needs to be shot on sight because their very existence is an affront to both society and nature.

To be pedantic light does inherently have a travel time - its just a matter of scale.

>Burgers like well done
What? I always though it was Euros who did this.

>laser sounds like a synthesizer

>increase STR
>Does Not increase melee weapon damage

I assumed we where talking about small arms here.

What's the problem?

Firing a weapon without recoil is much less satisfying. Fuck realism.

No self respecting european eats a beef anything beyond rare.

Pic related. His videos are the sorto f shit I expect from the likes of /ck/ and somethingawful - "its totally cooked guise I haven't had the shits for an entire week!".

I bet you eat your meat well done, pleb.

F..food gore thread?

Last time I saw something that raw I was looking at a skrillex disocgraphy.

I stuck a flashlight in my vacuum and turned it on. All it did was break it. You really must be an idiot

Even physics aside, I think the recoil is important for making a weapon have a certain feel after using it. Having no recoil whatsoever on something may make it look more toy-ish or cheaper than it should be.

Realistic laser weapons would be unique and fun to use, fuck you desu.

How do you even fuck up that bad?

is this /ck/?

>fire real gun
>it murders

That's the entire reason for coming here you superiority complex fuck face.

>Regular guns reload
>Laser guns overheat
>There's an upgrade to get bottomless magazines
>But not to prevent over heating

>upgrade to get bottomless magazine

what game?

You would think that wouldn't be the case because photons aren't just "extremely lightweight", they're literally massless.

I can understand forces so minimal we ignore them even though they exist, but I'm surprised light being emitted causes a repulsive force in the opposite direction since it has no actual mass.

Saints Row 3/4

/ck/ is a shithole for actual cooking. See: Cred Forums has a rather educational and well-balanced thread on the nuances of cast iron pans a few weeks (well, closer to as month) back. A mod moved it to /ck/ where said thread died a painful death.

Remember: the best place to discuss porn on Cred Forums is Cred Forums.

it's the oldest rule of Cred Forums lad, if you actually want to discuss something you can't post on the board made for it.

i've had better discussions about film on fucking /d/ than I have on Cred Forums

thats because Cred Forums is complete shit

To be fair /d/ is a strange board even for Cred Forums. Despite it havcing been crippled by Cred Forums raids over the years /d/ is an extremely grounded board with minimal shitposting and rather level-headed anons. The old /d/iscussion threads often made all other boards look like retards im comparison. One thread I remember in particular was the nuances of a scenario where women were more sexually aggressive than men (i.e teenage girls were the ones looknig at porn in the woods and a man's purity was to be preserved). It lead to some rather interesting takes on how modern society might've evolved under those conditions.

One theory I remember is that being "pussy whipped" would be considered a sign of womanliness and strength, Your GF/wife would keep her male under control not only via sex from herself but by inviting her friends around to fuck said male simply to satisify their own (female urges). If said male couldn't keep up then DEAL WITH IT.

Laser DO have recoil. However it's so insignificant it's less than a .22 and wouldn't even move your arm.

>I don't know anything about quantum physics
search up De Broglie's equation you dumb fucks.

>strength in trigger finger increases
>bullets come out of gun harder
>bullets do more damage
What don't you get?

>Your GF/wife would keep her male under control not only via sex from herself but by inviting her friends around to fuck said male simply to satisify their own (female urges).

So it was just an overly contrived setup for a harem fantasy? If you really think that kind of shit would fly you clearly haven't been in the same room as a woman ever since you were born.

It wasn't a harem fantasy per se - the idea primarily was that with women being sexually aggressive a fgemale having many male partners was considered being a "player" and what have you shile a man doing so was a slut or whore. Being kept pussy-whipped and subserviant was the sign of strong female leadership in a relationship and (as the discussion went on) the wider implications that had for society. I.e all the top exec rols were taken by women because they were more driven to succeed and push themselves unlike men who were under no such pressure - their role as to find themselves a good wife to have children with and look after said children. A mans place is in the home etc etc.

Don't forget this is a hypothetical.

It would be extremely dark.

Late to the thread but Gordon Ramsay fucking loves In n' Out.

>fire laser
>makes a loud, underwhelming crack as it ionizes the air around it

DoW does lasers right.

RIP turn signals on a land raider.

I read one of those hentai comic things about a world like that. It was really good.

Wouldn't that just be a plasma flamethrower then?

>Not knowing the man who invented the telephone
Literal autism

Name one game that has hitscan bullets but lasers aren't hitscan.

What you're describing is called an electrolaser and it's a real-life concept. As the name suggests, it uses a laser to ionize a channel of air, which carries the electricity.

Pizza was invented by american-living Italian immigrants, you fucking Brit

Live in Colorado (what many consider apart of midwest) and well done isn't even in option in any decent steakhouse.

TimeSplitters has a few examples. In TS2, the so-called Lasergun fires a notably slower projectile than most of the bullet weapons.

There is a dude (I forget his pen-name, starts witrh an A) that does a lot of role-reversal hentai. One is a dude that automagically ends up in a world where women are the sexually aggressive sex and decides to whore himself out because why not?

Is amusing to see the women in this setting crave for cock as he acts coy and hard-to-get as thats what is expected by a man. Mr Robinson if-you-will.

I think we're talking about the same one, I just looked it up and the artist is Amahara

>This is what Amerifats actually believe.

Counterpoint: shield that deflects bullets.

That said the best sci-fi weapon in TS2 (and 3) are the various implementations of the plasma autorifle. high fire rate, grenade secondary fire and decent accuracy. Plus the weapon fires faster the hotter it gets until it overheats - with trigger management both versions shitout an unrelentt stream of dakka only rivalled by the uzi in e.y.e.

Yeah him.

yes i've turned a laser pointer on

The cooling guns were neat from a lore standpoint but boring from a gameplay standpoint. Firing slowly so your gun doesn't overheat isn't fun.

Italian invented.
American perfected.

Why do people say Italian invented? Pizza is just grilled cheese with tomato sauce, and grilled cheese is american as fuck.

That's a good point, user. I hadn't considered that.

I'd say probably because it was a thing before America.

>america
>cheese

Most yanks wouldn't know proper cheese if it shot up their local school.

I've never eaten American pizza but it looks like it has a really thick base and an excess of cheap cheese. Maybe I'm wrong.

who /particlecannon/ here?

This, food poisoning isn't even really that bad once you get used to it, only retards die from the dehydration that comes from the minor diarrhea just drink water faggot, and I've even started to name my tapeworms the doctors strangely keeps finding in the ultra sounds, which is unrelated, but it makes me almost actually feel like I have friends now so, win again for me cooked foodfags

railgun > particle cannon

we've been accelerating pieces of metal for hundreds of years now, all we need to do is make said metal go faster and it all works out

I'm a Califag and I dont get the hole in n out craze

>not a gauss gun
Step up, senpai.

>Pick up blue powerup
>it's not a laser gun
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

You're a bright guy

10/10

>confusing properly done steak with some amerilard's amateur attempt

Next you'll be telling me proper cheese has the consistency of plastic and that hot dogs are an american invetion.

>he doesn't know

>mfw I'm too stupid to pick a side on who is right

If you ain't relativistic you ain't nothin'.

Laser is sort of focus light you maniac, of course gonna lose its energy over distance

just a matter of preference
still as long as you're using good ol' high velocity metal you're okay with me

TF2.

The cells of the gun burst because of the extreme heat and need to be replaced

>called a "Plasma Beam"
>it freezes people
WHAT

Serious Sam

Mass drivers when

American Pizza is vastly different depending on location. The type you're describing and you see here is Chicago deep dish. There's other like New York with a thinner but still soft and normally huge pizzas, St.Louis style which is almost like a cracker with how thin and crunchy the crust is and doesn't have an edge, and my favorite which is Mountain or stuffed which has a double layer of crust on top and bottom with toppings inside.
Not to mention many others but those are the typical ones that I'm used to.

You ever use a flamethrower?

What is the Judicator?

I was agreeing with you man, I also love spending all day on the shitter, gives me more time to skip work and browse Cred Forums all day.

There is a reason why shart in the mart is a meme.

Pajeet pls