Computer RPG thread

Computer RPG thread

What are you playing?
What are you doing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ylU1-_L3SrY
youtube.com/watch?v=6wwwPJJoJPg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fallout 4, I wouldnt call it an RPG though.

By definition it is, but it's definitely degenerated from Fallout 1 and 2

>play Knights of the Chalice
>it doesn't even try to hide that Clerics are a billion times better than Knights and there is no point at all in taking Knights because the things they do better are completely and utterly pointless in an ironman run
>AND they took away Power Attack for some reason, because apparently understanding that it was introduced to counter 3.5's stupid HP bloat went over the dev's head

Playing Fallout 1. Just got the waterchip and power armor. Any advice what do next?

Fuck around doing sidequests.

going to fight a dragon

Do the Goldbox games still hold up today?

yeah if you're used to playing older RPGs

we did it reddit

Guy who made KotC is a nutcase. He refused the offer to put it on GOG to actually make money because they didn't want to put up his shitty RTS game with it.

Finished Enderal now playing gothic 2 requiem mod, just killed some goblins who smoke Lesters swampweed

The depressing thing is that despite it being incompetently handled by someone who really, really does not understand 3E's shortcomings, it's STILL better than ToEE by virtue of having better encounter design.

Encounter design is underrated. Playing NWN with some friends right now in some custom modules and the combat is actually enjoyable when you're not just fighting trash mobs.

Also rest restrictions in modules make vancian casting somewhat interesting rather than just tedious.

Started wasteland 2 today. Is being low on ammo normal?

About to replay through NWN2 OC and MotB again. Just thinking of what build I might go this time. Maybe a Weapon Master, I remember there was a falchion in MotB that let you crit undead and spirits.

holy paladin wielding the spear of destiny

The spear of what? I don't remember that. Also I was planning on bringing Neeshka along most of the time, not sure how much it will fit with a lawful character.

Yes

youtube.com/watch?v=ylU1-_L3SrY
It's gonna be good, r-right?

>the spear of what?
Neeshka is a terrible character

Playing Morrowind. I'm hacking everyone with an axe because orcman is a dumbass who kills anything he can.

it's too bad morrowind is so sword centric with most of the unique weapons being longswords.

Yeah. Shame as it seems that having a shield is pretty worthless too.

Explore the map and do sidequests while you try to find the supermutant base.

the best
better than all the rest

Imagine if it was actually balanced tho

Shields are pretty useful because they can be enchanted and later on one handed longswords outclass 2 handed ones due to OP enchantments. You can enchant your own shit but I never did.

I have Underrail and Age of Decadence installed, I was thinking of giving one of those a go.

Underrail if you like exploration, character building, and turn based combat. Good crafting system too.

both of these games look kind of like the old fallout games so I think I'll be alright with either. I do have some images about Underrail saved from here so I might do that first.

If you go in expecting Fallout you might br disappointed. It plays very differently.

So what is the main defining feature of a cRPG?
I think everyone agrees that it refers to rpgs from around and before 2000, but also new stuff like PoE, Divinity or Shadowrun.
Is it the isometric perspective, parties, reactive story or just general complexity? People describe Underrail as a cRPG, would Grimrock 1 and 2 count?

well I've played through those games a bunch of times so I welcome change

Currently playing Underrail, Shadowrun: Dragonfall and Legends of Grimrock, also hyped for everything pic related.

Grimrock is a Dungeon Master clone so yes. Really now it just means any ganes like the computer RPGs of the '80s and '90s.

RPG Codex's top 50 cRPGs, bayesian average. Another reminder that I have loads to play still.

Surprised Dragon Age Origins made the list. Everyone shits on Bioware's games and RtWP is haram.

>tfw nobody remembers bard's tale 4

>people actually praise mass effect

So that's why God is punishing us.

First game was really flawed but promising. It's like the Star Trek game we never got. At the very least it's more functional than some of the other games on that list.

>people actually defend mass effect

So, that's why God hates us.

For comparison, here's the top 50 based on number of votes multiplied by the average score.

Not an argument

when is that supposed to come out? Torment should be done fairly soon, after that they will full development on Wasteland 3, how do they develope 3 games at a time?

Still fucked, Witcher 2 is below Dragon Age: Origins.

There will always be a fucking retard who'll gobble down on Bioware's cock and put their games above anything other than horse shit.

Also,

>comparing 90's CRPGs to modern titles.

God's hatred for us becomes clearer.

You can't argue with vegetables.

Am I the only one that thinks Dark Souls is way too out of place in that list?

No, that list is fucking moronic.

I cannot fucking wait for expeditions viking

I bought Gothic II yesterday for £2, I downloaded some mods to make it work and I'm enjoying it a lot, much more interesting than modern RPGs even if I don't really know the backstory, the combat is hard but I'm strting to get to grips with it a bit, the story and character interactions are what I play for though

Very fun game, I envy people that grew up playing games like this.

I was thinking this but it has stats so I guess? I don't really consider it an RPG but what do I know

Still zero(0) arguments.
God hates you because you are a fag. Wizardry 6 is fundamentally different from Baldur's Gate and Ultima 7 and they're all '90s RPGs. It's a "favorite RPG" list, anything goes.

Gothic 2 is the shit. Still the best open world game I have played.

Wasteland 2 was good right?
youtube.com/watch?v=6wwwPJJoJPg

It really is, there's so much depth. I've just managed to become the blacksmiths apprentice after I found the orc axe in the cave near the town.

Getting completely destroyed by a lot of things though

Playing KoTR for the first time having a blast so far

I honestly never ended up playing it or PoE. I'll get to them eventually.

I hope you played Gothic 1 first.

Been playing morrowind on my laptop recently.