Tfw no Spawn Game

>tfw no Spawn Game

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2016/09/19/new-spawn-movie-coming-says-todd-mcfarlane
cinemablend.com/new/What-Expect-From-Spawn-Movie-According-Todd-McFarlane-112567.html
shoryuken.com/2015/02/17/todd-mcfarlane-hints-at-spawns-inclusion-in-mortal-kombat-x/
youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w
readcomiconline.to/
youtube.com/watch?v=3TjVBpyTeZM
youtube.com/watch?v=q7QUkbwaUL4
youtube.com/watch?v=5QiBbb5wSB8
youtu.be/PGxSE70D23o
youtube.com/watch?v=aDaOgu2CQtI
youtube.com/watch?v=jRGrNDV2mKc
youtube.com/watch?v=XbsDvGtTRWU
youtube.com/watch?v=4gK0uNlLa3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's one on the SNES

/thread

man, that was a fucking good game.
i think there was a ps1 spawn game too.

There's one on the SNES and Xbox.

>That time Spawn was in Soul Calibur

There are a bunch of them and they're all garbage.

Just like Spawn.

his fat foot always bothered me..

Theres been four.

>You're pissing me off

Was it actually good? I just remember having no idea how to play the game.

>Batman
>Spiderman
How often do DC and Marvel collaborate?

In the 90s? Quite a bit.

Now? Never ever.

spawn is image, but the last time marvel and dc collab'd was like the 90s

did some bullshit stuff, made supes the strongest character, shit stories. but we got the horribly funny amalgam universe out of it for a short while with terrible mashup characters like darkclaw, supersoldier and dr doomsday

Why did this fucking comic sell so much in the early 90's, I wasn't into comics back then but damn just looking at old sales charts people were nuts for this comic.

This was the greatest series to come out in the 90s. With a great show on HBO that came with it.
Watch the series, then Read the comic. Its fucking amazing i tell ya.

The comic started to become directionless later on though.

It was the 90's and capeshit comics were going through an edgy phase.
Spawn was at least nice to look at compared to stuff like pic related

>puffy iron man nipples

wtf is image doing with archie?

That's because that design originated with McFarlane's figurines, where the fat foot was what anchored it to the stand. This was, of course, retained when Spawn got his own figurine as part of McFarlane's Soul Calibur II set.

They used to have a self-contained, non-canon cross-over every year or so. They stopped with JLA/Avengers (which ran from mid-late 2003 to early 2004), and with DC and Marvel's respective ownership by WB and Disney, it's likely never going to happen again.

Somehow, Ken Penders managed to convince Image and Archie to do a crossover in the Sonic comic. And yes, of course he made it suck.

>remember when Todd Mcfarlane use to do all his comics on paper, pencil, ink
>remember when Todd Use to do it everyday on His own show
>remember when Todd openly BTFO'D Mike Mignola
>remember when Todd Mcfarlane was Based Mcfarlane

what happened guys?!

Did you preorder my toys yet?

What?

Best Spawn Game

In an episode of Spawn, as the intro, Todd Was giving a monologue about hell and the Devil and in that he gave a snarky detailed description of Hellboy in a insulting way.
It was like the most based moment on his Gothic intros.

>Iron nipples
Oh god

What a superb edgemaster he was before he couldn't stop playing with his toys

What exactly is going on here? Why would Spider-Man or Ben Grimm be in Hell?

Damn

Got a link? Evidently Mignola didn't get too upset over it since he did a cover for 100.

Posting some snes webms. It's a cool game and incredibly animated for it's time.

It's supposed to be a heavy-handed metaphor for comic book writers and artists signing their creations away to evil corporations, or some shit like that. Cerebus and Spawn are both owned by their respective creators, hence why they're both free during this story, as seen in .

It has a ton of attacks, similar to a fighting game, with light and heavy variants.

See Dave Sim, the creator Cerebus, had a chance to write an issue of Spawn and decided to make it about how Spawn is a popular superhero but unlike those of Marvel and DC he's creator owned.

Looks pretty cool. I was a big fan of Spawn in the 90's, kind of a shame he just vanished, but understandable.

It also has quite some special moves. The gameplay outside of that isn't super sophisticated, but it's good for some time.

When you die, your energy bar depletes, but also when you use special moves. When it's at 0 the game is over.

Spawn didn't completely vanish. He was soft-rebooted just a few years back (and looking suspiciously like Venom now). McFarlane still has plans for another movie, too.

pretty sure SJW would be triggered that Spawn is a black guy who got turned into a white guy

Do they get triggered by Michael Jackson?

>Turned

You mean replaced, right?!

Jackson had a skin condition that turned his skin into ugly splotches of white throughout his otherwise-black body. The only thing he did was even it out so it didn't look like he had the plague or something.

i don't but, its the intro to episode 4 or 5 in season 1.

>He also said the movie will feature a world that will be entirely real, "except for one thing that's going to move." He also shared a some concept art for the character's design, saying that viewers won't be seeing a "dude in a rubber suit," as "this is going to be my Jaws shark."
>This lines up with what McFarlane told ComicBook.com in an interview earlier this year, during which he revealed that Spawn won't look like he did in the original film, but will instead "be the spectre, the ghost." In fact, he likened the character to a boogeyman, saying, "In the background, there’s this thing moving around, this boogeyman. That boogeyman just happens to be something that you and I, intellectually, know is Spawn."

ign.com/articles/2016/09/19/new-spawn-movie-coming-says-todd-mcfarlane

>Basically, what Todd McFarlane is proposing with his new film adaptation of Spawn isn't a film that's focused on the origins, or even the actions of his famous character. Instead, he wants to focus on how Spawn affects the world at large. So instead of giving the bad assed avenging angel a wife and family to pine over, it sounds like we'll see the world of the organized crime being torn apart by the ever encroaching shadows surrounding them. It's a novel approach, and it tracks well with a previous proposal the director had for a sequel to the previous film starring Michael Jai White. Though McFarlane's refreshed approach serves another purpose close to his own heart: he wants to direct the film himself.

cinemablend.com/new/What-Expect-From-Spawn-Movie-According-Todd-McFarlane-112567.html

It's going to suck right?

Me too. I got a comic bundle once and read it over and over. I loved the quality of the art, as nothing else I had seen compared to it in terms of detail or overall coolness. This was before anime made an appearance in my life with Dbz and other stuff.

I'm still sad there isn't a 3d spawn game that has his cape move around like in this video. In my opinion the best representation of spawns cape. It feels so alive, and it conveys an emotion that spawn doesn't always show with his face.

>and looking suspiciously like Venom now
Well, McFarlane did create Venom, so..

There's only one thing that matters about Spawn, and no one seems to know it:

The series ended fucking PERFECTLY at the end of Armageddon (bear in mind, it was written by David Hine and drawn by Philip Tan), and then after they wrote the most natural, clean conclusion to the story possible, Todd decided "Hey, we need to keep this going", and kept it going without writing or art remotely as good. That was the biggest mistake.

As a big Spawn fan, I really have no idea what to feel about this movie. I need to see a trailer first

fun fact: Todd designed venom to look the way he does

>In an interview with Gamer Fit Nation at Toy Fair 2015, comic creator Todd McFarlane stated that he has already given NetherRealm the green light to include Spawn in their projects, including the upcoming Mortal Kombat X. While this isn’t definite proof the demonic hellspawn will appear in the title, the option is there if the developers want to use him.

shoryuken.com/2015/02/17/todd-mcfarlane-hints-at-spawns-inclusion-in-mortal-kombat-x/

Is it happening?

Man. I got that game day 1 being the big Spawn fan that l am. Game fucking sucked dicks but at least the intro was cool. Thanks for posting.

Honestly? 50/50 chance of it sucking.

If they went the direction the Netflix shows are going now, with great writing, no shortage of blood, and great action choreography, it could turn out damned good.

It also could just miss the point, and drop the ball on all those fronts.

Literally why not just make a movie about "The Specture" instead of wasting money on a baseless adaptation. Todd literally doesn't even care about his own series unlike in the 90s. shit was great then.

Platinum spawn game when? They seem to have a knack for picking up old franchises now.

Spawn is the greatest anti-hero of all time, prove me wrong

Venom didn't originally look much like he does today though.
He was basically just bulky Spider-man with a mouth.

What would be the perfect Spawn game?

I didn't know about this one, but I tried the dreamcast game I think? I was quickly disappointed with the fact that he had no cape in game and threw it out. Spawn looks retarded without his living cumrag.

I then tried it for the first time about a year ago, hoping to find some hidden gem action games with cool mechanics. It's even shittier than bujingai.

I love how he should have been an edgelord, but his early stories where pretty tongue in cheek

>not playing the superior version with link

Asscreed with manual controls, and the combat system repaced with dmc4 type combat and a cape that dynamically moves around based on a mix between animations and the momentum effect of using certain combos.

You have Al Simmons spawn with his long ass cloak going around a Dark pretty Sin City tier city, Killing people with guns.
Get a bunch of sex scenes to add to it and its perfect.

what's up with thors face?

Is spawn still going or has it ended?

>no cape
fucking dropped

>something something to pieces
>something something cool guy
>rippin up rip into
>something something memeber that guy

>Muh family

Domino is qt

Depends what you mean by "perfect" and "Spawn game". Perfect game that happens to be about Spawn? Or perfect game for explaining the character & world of Spawn to new viewers and get them into the series?

If the latter, I'd make a game that was a bit like one of those modern free-roam parkour games that are so popular now, except focussed mostly on the dirty, run-down back-alleys of NYC in the late 80s/early 90s. It would be heavily reliant on stealth elements, staying in the shadows and not being seen. You'd go around breaking skulls of criminals and the mob, all while fighting off his enemies from Hell. Think The Darkness, but not first person.

I don't like the idea of Spawn being part tarkata. The armor face is best. I fucking love transforming head armor like iron man or that scene with Matt LeBlanc in the 90's Lost in Space movie. Man just LOOK at that shit anons. LOOK AT IT.

Like Al Simmons, the series is a rotting carcass that should've been put to rest.
He's like the Duke Nukem of comics

Last time I checked, which was like 2013, it was still going, but the sales are so low that Todd is paying out of pocket to keep it going.

>Capcom made a Spawn game
Is it a fighter or beat em up?

You mean Beta Ray Bill?

WHO SAID THAT
WHO THE FUCK SAID THAT

Yes, but I'm amazed that he had the stones to try it, seeing as Venom is now owned by Disney (and you know how their lawyers are).

>that feel when God take time out of his infinite lifetime to eat a sandwich with Spiderman

God is weird.

For good fucking measure

Todd Mcfarlane will not allow his stuff to end. like never. He had Spawn be a bunch of different people, Kill God, die, Revive him as an enemy, be a anti-hero again, then idk what there doing know but, he just lost his linearity.

Someone mind telling me the ones I don't know?

That was a garbage game.

We're still here user, when will our time end?

Isn't that how Spawn was handled in the Hellspawn comics? Where he didn't have a huge up front role but was an important piece of background?

Fun fact : Wonder Woman is made of Clay, so Clayface can easily defeat her and get her powers.

Neat.

The red-and-black wristband is Thor, and the red finned glove and white sleeve is Captain America.

wat

The red armband one is Wonder Man, not sure about Red Glove

Don't know, but the blue arm actually isn't Superman.
He meets Superman in a separate cell in the next page and they talk about Doomsday

The red wristband is possibly Thor, but I don't recall.

Red glove is Captain America.

Yellow glove could be anyone.

Wow Shazam picked the wrong ass to rest his dead face into.

Wonder Woman is a Clay statue brought to life by her goddess. Clayface can steal her clay and so her powers.
She got them back with the help of Supergirl.

Because it was edgy but also good.

>this entire page
Western comics are
so
fucking
GAY

probably shazam

Okay Wertham

Here something more at your level.
youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w

Shazam has metal wristguards, not yellow gloves.

Kill yourself

this guy knows.

played the shit out of this game when i was a little piece of bitch

>TFW Alan Moore was able to take a joke and actually like this

>Muh wife who I never really treated well and was much better off having sex with someone else

what the fuck is this

Flash is a dick. Just kill the guy. That level of torture is unnecessary.

Inertia was a douche
Wally West did nothing wrong
This is a Spawn thread

Deadpool saving his friend? Deadpool is a cool dude.

I don't like this new design. It keeps making me think of how hot it would be if Spawn sucked my dick and that's not a thought I want in my head.

Dude, Flash is so fast that he can become The Spawn. It's a part of his Speedforce.

Also, there is a big difference between condemning a guy to infinite boredom and just killing some kid.

He should go after real villains.

That guy's American Akira video was pretty funny too.

I've been meaning to read Spawn forever, I remember loving it in the 90's but I could never keep up with it.

what are some of the edgiest comics I can read and where can I get them HQ

guys a massive fucking faggot, don't encourage him

Are comic book fans generally happy or sad that capeshit movies made the comic characters so popular?

lol I had that, it was pretty shitty.

Anything by Image. I think Bomb Queen is the edgiest shit out there.

the shitty hollywood movies are now more faithful to the characters then the actual books

being a mainstream comic fan is suffering unless you like image

Garth Ennis is the edgiest writer to come
Crossed is edgy as it comes
readcomiconline.to/

all of Crossed and the spin-offs and whatnot.

any torrent site should have them.

DC Rebirth is good (so far)

>Garth Ennis is the edgiest writer to come

And yet, he writes a great Superman.

>all these posts and not one Cred Forumssmoker has bitched about the fact that Spawn is a nigger

Guess they don't read comics.

Crossed isn't a comic. There's literally nothing going on within it's pages. There is no plot, no story, no content.

It's literally just a thing that exists to sell the covers. And even those are too ridiculous to be entertaining after a while.

I think that only applies to Marvel since they make so many movies.
They've been shit for years now.

>NRS fighting game

should've been in mvc3 desu

I heard dc purged a lot of the heavy handed leftist stuff, is that true?

If they did, I can only assume its because unlike marvel, they actually need the booksale money, were marvel can do whatever the fuck they want with the books and make everyone a transsexual muslim otherkin because the movies print unlimited money

these water reservoirs on the roofs. Is that a real thing in America? And for what purpose? Ive seen these a lot in comics and games but I never really questioned it until now.

Hipsters gonna Hips. But I cant really see a problem with more people buying comic books.

>has bitched about the fact that Spawn is a nigger

Because it never really mattered. It didn't matter in the 90s, and it doesn't matter now. Because he's a pretty cool dude.

Fun Fact: Al Simmons & Terry White where based on Todd's friends, neither of whom are black.

Superman's the only hero he can actually respect.
Ennis fucking hates superheroes

>not again

Eh?

Why can't comic books be cheap and accessible like manga in Japan?

Same. I thought i was the only one.

The Boys by Garth Ennis is really edgy but better than Crossed in terms of story.

Because color is expensive, Americans don't work for slave wages, and Diamond is a cancer of the American comic book industry.

Sort of. I mean, they used to be all over the place in the city (Spawn takes place in New York City), but they're mostly gone now.

They're mostly just holding tanks so you don't have to constantly pump water from the main treatment plant every time you turn on a faucet.

The flashes are him trying to turn back black

Mostly in multi apartment. They have that all over the world.
Like Hotels and ect. It's better to keep it on the roof so that water pressure is better.

Elisa Lam was found in a water reservoir that was supposed to be locked, on a roof that was supposed to be locked after trying to run away from an invisible thing.
youtube.com/watch?v=3TjVBpyTeZM

The most logical explanation was that she was bipolar and crazy.

manga artists tend to do alright, the copy right system overthere works different so companies make money off an ip but so does the creators/mainwriters/mainartists

Uber.

Its got back supersoldiers ripping dudes in half, and disintegrating tanks with eye lasers.

Mangas make money by using cheap paper and no color. A manga is like 10$ a chapter. Comic Books are usually 5-7$ a chapter.

>Guess they don't read comics.
The real question is, who does?

Not capeshit but I'm hoping that The Goon movie gets finished

These days? No one. It's a hemorrhaging industry that exists purely because everyone involved expects it to continue to exist.

Which is saying a lot, considering I have always loved comics and became an illustrator to draw them.

once you turn white you won't have to prove you were right

A boss rush

*Nazi*

Fucking autocorrect.

Rebirth has been increasing sales so at least there's that.
Though everything will revert back to the status quo soon.

like prototype 1 or 2 but good

a few good hundred thousand actually. its really small compared to back then but, they still get there sales.

Werent there shrek toys by McFarlane

Anyone read The Maxx?

They see huge boosts for movies.
Everyone on the GotG except Gamora got solo series when the movie came out.
Rocket sold like 200k for his #1, and Star-Lord did about 100k. They've sold like shit for a while now.

Yes

>Spawn in MvC
Whose side would he be on?

Capcom
See

>tfw recently got back into spawn and bought the first 30 issues

He's not Marvel so..

Watched it. Would fuck the hell out of Girl on the right.

I do

Currently play The Wolf Among Us, the prequel to Fables.

I would recommend playing the game before reading the comic. But, fables is excellent if you want "Once upon a time" but for adults.

Goldilock is a crazy bitch who fuck baby bear.

Who is the Todd Mcfarlane of video games?

Because his race never mattered. He could be an asian, mexican or indian and it would remain the exact same.

I've only seen the TV show, it confused me a fuckton. Anywhere I can read/download the comic? I've been interested ever since.

readcomiconline.to

>tfw always liked cyclops
>Tfw cyclops is just being given the shaft and turned into mutie hitler for the last 3 years now

Eat shit for AvX bendis you bald fuck

I feel like Fables was okay 'till around the last quarter. Then it shat itself to death. That's just my two cents though.

Cyclops was right though

What are some non capeshit comics that actually ended perfectly?

Whats up with his mouth/chin thing?

It's a mask

god why are western comics such cringefests

And now he's dead so they can constantly shit on him and push teen Cyclops as much they as they care for mutants

I loved Transmetropolitan's ending.

It's a parody edit made to point fun of the actual thing

Soul calibur 2 is good

That's just Bendis. This is nothing.

>The only character edgier than The Punisher.

What would happen if Garth Ennis started writing for Spawn?

Spawn sucks though. Like, the concept of a hero back from hell living on borrowed time is cool, but what they did with the idea is fucking retarded

That's Beta Ray Bill, AKA Horse Thor.

They fired the woman who had Wonder Woman use the word "mansplaining"

Its 90s Schlock of course its gonna be edgy

*AKA Best Thor

What the Fuck is going on here with his calf/foot?

>That one time Ghost Rider fought a demonic Sailor Venus

Piratebay probably does

It goes to shit by issue 100. Far too many times it seems like Spawn has an upper hand, but the main villain says, "All according to my plan"

So fucking annoying

>He thinks Manga doesn't have it's own edgy-tryhard-cringe fest shitty-shit-shit.

>muffled neighing and sounds of thunder in the distance

The difference is that manga has way more variety and they don't have to recycle 40 year old characters, so there's more originality and new ideas coming in.

fuck off weeb

Haven't you heard? Cykes is being killed off so the inhumans can keep being pushed to replace them. Which is horseshit since the inhumans are literally untouchable and fucked with muties for years ot come with that bullshit mist. I guess one good thing is he didn't get jeaned and turned gay in a sentence.

Didnt most of these heroes beat up Satan at one point in their carreer ?

I mean batman killed Darkseid

You realize that there is not only super heroes in Comic books right?
Just like how Mangas is not all about Shonens.

jesus christ after 200 posts do you still not get that hell is a metaphor for selling out?

That's only with the big two and sometimes it works.
Vision by Tom King is a masterpiece if it nails the ending.
There's variety, the problem is that it's niche and obscure as fuck to the average non comic reader and that's honestly justified because comics themselves are a niche market.

>implying anime and manga aren't just as, if not more cringey

Keep in mind we're talking about capeshit, which is the western equivalent of shonen.

Todd McFarlane is trying to say creator owned characters are the only way to go and company owned characters are being held prisoner

>Hurr! Marvel and DC's character are all there are.
You know absolutely NOTHING about the Western comic scene then.

There are more publishers out there than just DC and Marvel and even they publish their share of original content. This doesn't even count European comic publishers.

Dave Sim wrote the issue

manga is literally garbage compared to western comics. seriously, ask any authority on comic books and they will LAUGH right in your fucking weeb face. give 'em another nuke please

>any authority on comic books
Not him but what do you mean by "authority"?
Sounds bias

Manga is socially acceptable in Japan for adult salarymen to read on the train.

The same cannot be said for comic books in the West.

Think about that for a second and what that entails.

Quebec Mangas are pretty good.

and you needed to post a french comic book to prove your point.

This has to be bait.
With how many people openly watch and enjoy capeshit or play stuff like The Wolf Among Us, its impossible to think reading comics in public is considered something besides acceptable.

>Manga is socially acceptable in Japan for adult salarymen to read on the train.
>socially acceptable
>acceptable
>Adult salaryman
>Adult

no it's not you fucking retard, even japanese fucking hate otaku and mocke them fucking rere

Are you saying that France is not Western now?
"god why are western comics such cringefests"

He's right
Manga is normal to peruse. Anime is otaku shit.

That looks badass.

It's better than before, but to a normalfag eyes people reading/collecting comics is still nerdy. Watching movies / live series are acceptable though.

Literally the european meme comic of the 90s. Everything is so goofy LOL!

>watching something based off a comic is okay
>but reading the source material isn't
I refuse to believe normies are like this, but I'm not entirely sure they aren't.

Sorry, posted the wrong game.
youtube.com/watch?v=q7QUkbwaUL4

Not all comics are capeshit user. Go read Transmetropolitan or something.

Reading manga =/= being an otaku, retarded weeb

How many people have you ever seen reading comic books in public, even after the the rise in capeshit movies?

you better not talking shit about Gaston motherfucking Lagaffe

The gameplay was dogshit. The only redeeming quality was that intro.

>Reading manga =/= being an otaku

The only Spawn game with even passable gameplay was the SNES game.

You bet I'm talking shit. Even as a 10 year old I disliked it because it was retarded. You seriously like that shit? I'd hate to have to imply that your tastes as an adult are less developed that mine were when I was 10.

/x/ pls go

Manga is better only because you can distribute it easier. It's on recycled black and white paper and any one can pick up a pen and paper and become a manga artist.

Wrote a good one-shot (~50 pages) that gets praised on 2ch? You just struck gold and are now published.

With comic books it's much harder to get published.

I'll admit, less than the people I've seen reading manga in public. But still a decent amount (Mainly Spiderman tho)

Ages 6+

Remember

>Grant Morrison
He's not as good as he thinks he is, but he's better than 95% of other writers

Is Blacksad any good?

>still no nemesis open world RPG where you go around liberating aliens and murdering space nazis with swords and magic
just to suffer

I liked the volume I read of it with the goatdad and the missing pianist.

Oh yes, those were the days when anything not colored like blood was fine and there were cheatcodes to turn on blood. Good times and simple moral problems.

>tfw my "those kids and their videogames" Dad got really into Spawn when me and my brother did
It was weird wandering the toy aisles in 2003 and having him ask questions about Malebolgia and Clown

Reminder that this happened

Ennis is weird.

He can write some of the edgiest, mean schlock around that can be all around boring

But then eh can write some really fucking good stories that actually keep you interested

>Batman's cape is like 3 times his size
I feel like it should be bigger

I still have it among other comics.

unless you're part of Marvel, DC, image, Vertigo, Disney and ect. right?!

>and clown
dont you mean Vialator?

>that feel when God take time out of his infinite lifetime to eat a sandwich with Spiderman

That was an awesome read. Love that scene, best part of that whole thing, back in black was cool though.

>that scene with spidey and kingpin in the prison

wew

>Spawn
>Punisher
>Edgy

Yall do know, that theres a difference between Military Mindset, and killing for the joy, and fun of killing right?!

Don't bother. Edgy is a buzzword. A meme and these kids love to spout their memes.

What would an Eltingville Club game be like?

Yeah. Haven't read in years though. Did the comics pick up in quality?

Just go on the internet. It's an endless sea of bitter losers like the ones in the comic.

>Did the comics pick up in quality?
No

Edgy is killing every criminal in the world, even if the offense is minor.

And Spawn story sound like a fan fiction. "He made a deal with the devil, but he betrayed the devil because he's a good demon!"

I like both, but they are pretty edgy.

No, Todd doesn't or barely writes his stories anymore. and he barely draws them on paper anymore.
The stories have become incoherent messes that try to pass as good stories and idk how you can mess something up as simple as Hellspawn.

Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe is essentially Ennis' over the top fanfiction to gain pleasure from his hatred of superheroes.

Punisher killed Hulk? Haha

Came to post this. I still break out the dreamcast from time to time to play this. My only complaint is the viable roster size is tiny

>animu reaction images
>taste
ayy
l
m
a
o

>"To my mind, this embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence," he wrote to Ó Méalóid. "It looks to me very much like a significant section of the public, having given up on attempting to understand the reality they are actually living in, have instead reasoned that they might at least be able to comprehend the sprawling, meaningless, but at-least-still-finite 'universes' presented by DC or Marvel Comics. I would also observe that it is, potentially, culturally catastrophic to have the ephemera of a previous century squatting possessively on the cultural stage and refusing to allow this surely unprecedented era to develop a culture of its own, relevant and sufficient to its times."
Why is Alan Moore so based?

Weeb

>"He made a deal with the devil, but he betrayed the devil because he's a good demon!"
Ok, now i feel like you've never read the comics. Spawn was a man in the military that had to kill alot of people because he was ordered to. Then got betrayed. and The Devil basically made his life worse than hell by not just leaving his ass in hell.
Your best friend is fucking your wife and had a kid you couldn't give her and you'd expect him to just get over it like walking on a bridge?! Don't be ignorant.
And the Punisher just wants to get revenge.

It's Ennis
What'd you expect?

He hates everything and only writes stuff that has to do with rape.
He's pissed his wife left him for the woman he convinced her to have a 3-way with. He's pissed nobody joined his snake cult.

Who hates their respective industry more?
Alan Moore or Hayao Miyazaki?

>He's pissed his wife left him for the woman he convinced her to have a 3-way with
What?

>killing Hulk in human form will kill Hulk
hahaha, nope. Even when his human form died, Hulk just kept going on as a "feeling empty" hulk.

He convinced his wife to have another woman involved in their relationship. His wife left him for her.

That was in the late 1980's, I'm sure he's over it now considering he remarried.

> self professed wizard who ironically worships an ancient roman snake cult
He's still right tho, theres little of value in either of the big two aside from Claremont's Xmen run, Punicher MAX and some Batman graphic novels

How does it make you feel to know that your slant heroes ripped off walt disney after WWII when creating manga/anime?

Damn

He's still mad at DC over Watchmen. I know it was an incredibly shitty thing they did to him, but it was 30 years ago.

>Implying your average anime fan knows about Tezuka
It's always Shonen and flavors of the month

It also ended his friendship with Dave Gibbons. Seems creator's rights are a thing of the past

He's been greenlighted since Injustice one.
It's not gonna happen.

Well that's mostly if you work for the big 2

Looks interesting

It seems most people are just leaving pissed with Marvel these days.
The only guy who's mad with DC today, other than Moore, is Waid. Who the fuck cares about Waid?

Armband is Thor
Red glove is Captain America
Yellow Glove is Vision

So what happened in the comic after the he become god and the art changed?

Isn't Alex Ross still not over the New 52?

supremely
its like, you get the galactic space KKK / spanish inquisition that operates almost exclusively in torturing aliens, led by a guy who turns into a ghost nazi vampire

then you get the almost-evil protagonist reptile wizard dude with a sword who leads the resistance against the space KKK with his robot friends

That's where I gave up

I forgot about that.
They say he's the epitome of "not muh", but then he drew that cover for Champions. God, that looks like shit

I liked the art change , it got more spooky but then I got tired of the WORDS WORDS WORDS so I got too lazy to download the rest of it

Sometimes I feel that he hates the fact that he can't escape the task of drawing legacy characters, especially considering the dumb shit Marvel has been pulling off.
Surprised he hasn't snapped yet and state that the current way Marvel's been heading is a "tough thing to see"

>memepool

I think the mouse just pays him enough to not care.
I wish they'd cut Bendis down to one book already

You have a problem with Deadpool brah? You jelly of his girlfriend?

Him and Death haven't been a thing for a very, very long time now.

>ywn fuck death
why live

What about Thanos and Lady Death?

It was in the video game. And it's like the main plot of the Gauntlet.
youtube.com/watch?v=5QiBbb5wSB8

They are still married from what I know.

remember when he was like the fucking Pencils Rockafeller of the comic world and he was so rich he was buying sports memorbilia and designing logos for the edmonton oilers.

That's all in his head. He is married to a hot demon tho.

That's Shiklah. A Succubus.

Have fun with all the Deadpools, Harley Quinns, Harambes, and Donald Trumps this Halloween

Ended when Thanos Imperative started. Best Marvel event in a very long time, btw
Game isn't canon, and the Gauntlet was about him meeting Shiklah, the woman he's married to now. The game was shit and Way is the worst Deadpool writer by far.

I have no respect for waifu stealers

He gets with her for a solid 2 years. He was too clingy, though.

Hey bro. If you have to curse a guy so he can never be with the girl you love, you might be overdoing stuff.

>tfw a comic about the damn Flinstones is better than any capeshit comics right now
WOOOOOOOWWWWW

spawns cape shifts in size.

I liked how spawn had access to all his abilities from the beginning but he wasnt aware/was unable to control them.

he used guns exclusively for like a dozen issues before learning how to use his chains and his cloak.

10/10 wife material

Just read all of Crossed in one sitting

Crossed videogame when?

>psychopath adaptation

No thanks, pressing X to wear lips as a cock ring is a shitty gimmick

>>tfw a comic about the damn Flinstones is better than any capeshit comics right now
It'll soon will be when Vision ends this month

That time he went to heaven and his suit went batshit crazy was gold

Fun fact : the story of Humpty never specify that he's a egg. He could easily be a guy with his brain splattered on the floor.

Get the developers of Hatred to make it

Don't forget the edgy teens wearing clown costumes and walking near tree lines.

The Axe is the cape, retard.

The fuck is this shit?

I came here to say that Supergod had the worst fucking ending of any comic I have ever read.

Also has Uber started up again? Cause I kept getting pissed off at that one too.

See and

In 1 to 100 spawn:
1. Managed to do a lot of next level shit

2. Evolves his powers significantly

3. Learns how to do magic

4. Actually wins, but since series got as big as it did, its only a pyrric victory, and the prophecy of the Super Heroes Imprisoned comes true

5. Its about a Black Dude being denied the right to be a civilized black dude

6. Power levels only start fluctuating wildly past chapter 60+

7. It gets extremely lighthearted between the hardcore edge

It's excellent noir

Is Invincible worth a read?

Elric wants to edge and go there, but then you spot the fact he never can, for he chained to his morals and the fact he is puppet to Stormbringer.

>Go to Heaven
>Suit gets 30x more edgy
Those was some good issues

it was the right comic, for the right time. Also in the era of edge, it was surprisingly palatable to everyone. There were worse things taking place at the time. Pic related is an example.

>Those chest folds
>Those huge, directionless veins on his arms and thighs
>That physics defying cape
>Sparkles
>That pulging adam's apple
>Even the armpit is bloated
I can't believe this isn't a satire

You have a nice troll thread and imma let you finish but Sam&Twitch was the best bonus series of all time, ALL TIME

>Evil Mark #4 tries to rekill Spawn
Its the little things.

But seriously, its a Superhero Reconstruction, that takes advantage of its pacing to do all the things it needs to do.
Its amazing.
Especially because of how much the characters evolve, and how good the planning for it is

So he's Cred Forums John Romero?

>a very, very long time now
In one of the most recent runs he literally had a vision and spoke to her, which pissed off his ex-ish wife.

I stopped reading the current run by issue 3. Just wasn't for me, and I didn't care about his crew at all

>Iron Man
>Good

That's probably the joke.

I definitely remember playing one on the ps2. I don't think it was all that good but there's at least a couple of games.

Holy

It seems like you guys aren't connoisseurs of fine 90's art.

Nigga

It would make tons of more sense than Soul Calibur II.

FUCKIN AWESOME game

This

>not styling on your Gatekeeper picking faggot friends with Sub Curse

The absolutely broken roster led to some of the saltiest wins in the history of gaming.

>Carries a shitload of ammo
>Doesn't carry a gun, instead carries bow and swords

Isn't there a white Spawn, now? How is he?

Also, didn't Al Simmons become a villain, how did that turn out?

>Todd's trying to keep Spawn relevant
Sad

Liefield loves pouches and bandoliers. In fact fans bring him pouches to conventions for him to sign.

youtu.be/PGxSE70D23o yup

Classic Liefield

White Spawn sucked. he lacked alot of character dept that Al had which made him less cool, unlike Al.
Al being the villain was a bad pace for the story but, he got better.

Can Liefield's love of pouches rival Nomura's love for belts?

Damn

The proportions are way off.

Why is it always Captain America everyone has to make these speeches to?

He's my boy and I hate to see this shit all the time.

The SNEs game was great. I never finished it but discovering how to use Spawn's powers was awesome.

Dude it's an edit
Hail Hydra

Marvel's not really subtle

I know it's an edit but it always seems to be Captain America in the other seat

When Ennis writes about two guys telling stories it really feels as if you were part of the conversation.

I guess the writers don't really know where to go with him. and that he's in front of those kinds of speeches because of how he's presented as one of the top Avengers

Spawn thread?

Fuck it, I used to read it in the 90's and I have the 9 hardcover oversized trades plus the McFarlane hardcover art book.

Even though Todd's writing was mediocre at first, the whole concept of the comic (and the art) was so good I just love it to death.

And Todd still can draw like a motherfucker.

explain

The Terrigen Mist (gas that gives Inhumans their powers) has been acting up a lot and it's killing mutants.
The real explanation is that Marvel is sabotaging the X-Men brand because of movie rights.
Seriously, at times it's like they pretend X-Men never happened

Reminder that this was a thing

>The Terrigen Mist (gas that gives Inhumans their powers) has been acting up a lot and it's killing mutants.
good. mutants are shit in the marvel comics and should've been kept in their own little box. the premise behind them is outdated as fuck and retarded in modern times.

They should ignore them, or reboot Xmen as a separate universe. It makes no sense with all these costumed freaky ass powered people that mutants still have beef and get treated like dog shit compared to the rest of them.

Not only the story about a CIA dude who goes to hell because of his job (we later found out he wasn't a nice guy, but...), comes back years later as a demon, his wife is being banged and had a kid with your best friend, plus the whole setting. His best friends are likeable hobos, and the dude lives in total.poverty despite being superpowered... And he also looks like a mummy to boot.

Soooo good.

Also, the last few issues are drawn by Erik Larsen (Savage Dragon) and inked by McFarlane, but Larsen style is now some.nasty lazy doodles... Also the coloring nowadays is flat, not the glossy look from the Greg Capullo days.

The David Hine run is god-tier writing-wise, though. Art-wise the comic was the best of all.time during the later Capullo days.

The level of edge in Crossed is just off the charts, I tried to read a little and here's what I remember:
>a cornered guy tried to shoot himself but missed his brain and the crossed started fingering/fucking the hole while he was in agonizing pain
>a giant fat biker crossed who uses a horse cock as a weapon, can apparently only say "horsecock," and is purportedly named Horsecock
>a crossed's cock was too small to satisfy a crossed nurse, so she stuck a piece of rebar in his urethra and then stuck a horse cock onto that (I don't remember whether it was Horsecock's horse cock)
>some researcher leads a group of soldiers on a mission to retrieve information a professor apparently gathered in a bunker on the possible history of the crossed, all depicted to the reader as flashbacks of some weird ass ancient crossed-like civilization; after the researcher lets all the soldiers get buttfucked to death by crossed to save his own skin, apparently the flashbacks were all just a bunch of bullshit made up by the crossed professor in the bunker to fuck with the researcher who then gets captured and tortured
And any time someone dies, their last moments are invariably them getting cornholed and eviscerated by a mob of crossed.

no clue is thor, yellow one could be literally a 100 different nigs

The only good mutie is a dead mutie

Why is Spawn Venom?
Why is Gargan Venom Spawn?

thats not bullseye, thats punisher, bullseye had black hoops on his gloves, punisher had plain white at the time

>he didn't play the best spawn game

Wow, really? Thanks for pointing that out, I don't think us plebeians would have noticed.

Be glad you didn't have to see the dolphin part

The only similarity is the symbiote concept. Spawn's powers, stories and personality are nothing.like Venom. He's also.much smaller, has cape and chains, uses guns...

Y The Last Man.

So what does Spawn exactly do that warrants him as an Anti-Hero?

And y'know, pretty much the entire base design of the black-and-white suit.

>MUH EYES GLOW RED WHEN IM ANGRY
>MUH HIGHSCHOOL
>MUH KATANAS
>MUH PANTSU

end your life RIGHT NOW

LOL

And ge animated the Land of Confusion music video, which is my favorite fucking vid.

>Two left feet

I wonder if this counts as a "threat."

>that one time someone says spiderman is a mutie and spiderman flips his shit like some neo-nazi white supremacist being told his ancestors were black

That's the thinnest attempt at a comparison ever. You have never read a spawn comic or even flipped though one.

Hell, even if you remove the cape, boot, gloves, chains, color red and only leave him wth just the symbiote alone, he still has glowing green eyes (while venoms are white and large), and spawn only got a mouth years later... And a tongue DECADES later. Spawn is even tiny and skinny when compared to venom.

Keep trying though.

The only thing they have in common is the colors back and white.

He didn't mention the word Trump

>man, that was a fucking good game.
Not really, it had really janky controls. There was another one for the Dreamcast which was even worse.

Sounds hilarious
Do you have a source?

>That's because that design originated with McFarlane's figurines
It didn't, Greg Capullo designed the fat-footed spawn, which that figurine was based on.

God damn, sorry I said anything. I was just giving you hell.

Spawn the HBO Series > Spawn the Comic Book

Mignola is so beyond and above Mcfaglane in terms of talent it doesn't matter.

Now that I think of it, I need a good poseable Spawn figure.

Like, actually poseable, not that "lol I can twist a leg" bullshit.

The Goon beat-em-up when?

Did you retards even play it or play it recently? It's fucking terrible.

Spawn is the most tryhard shit.

RIP

>Fing Fang Foom is not pleased with his seating arrangements

How is Marvel treating her?

I.
Fucking.
Know.

Nah brah

They gave her a terrible book.

source?

They put her on GotG for a while, which is terrible for everyone who comes in contact with that pile of shit.

>I'm big, that's a lot of vomit

>TFW this writer almost had a chance to write Wonder Woman but DC immediately denied her any right after this mess
Dodged a bullet I tell you

Yo Mario, don't confuse me with John Leguizamo~
He didn't have a moustache but atleast he got the hos~
I like The Pest, and I really really like the clown from Spawn~
but when they cast him as Luigi, baby that was just wrong.

SNES and Dreamcast games are badass though, what do you mean?

At least Bendis is finally off GotG

He still has another year on it, and I don't think they'll ever be able to undo his damage
I'm also bracing for another shitty installment of Nova.

Thank god

Not recently and I don't really want to in case it was shit, but when I played it back when, it was so fuckin fun

Fucking gay. Must we fucking bring up trump in everything these days? Comics and video games were supposed our escapism from the world.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this series was cancelled like, 2 issues after this?

Also I'm trying to dig up my photo of my signed copy of Spawn #1. I always lose the image for some reason.

>They've never read Prime
It is satire. Its a 13 year old kid's super alter ego thats like his super special OC bod. As he goes along his super hero journey he changes form and even his prime form (that one right there) becomes less over the top.

>get completely invested into finding that redhead to be a complete cunt
>still feel real bad when she gets her comeuppance and the fat beta kicks her ass to the curb
fugg

Major Bummer is a old but good comic in the same kinda vein.

Yup. It ran for 7 issues

Elric takes his time to brutally torture his last opponent for an hour. And that's after the world has ended. And he only stopped because his friend asked him to.

Does her character have one foot that's wrong or is that just the artist's fuck up?

It doesn't top this one.
youtube.com/watch?v=aDaOgu2CQtI

Les Nombrils is much better then it should be. New volumes soon.

He was a celebrity before being a presidential candidate.
People make fun of celebrities all the time
People made of Trump back then and they make fun of him even more now.
The problem is that it's the same fucking joke over and over again

>The real explanation is that Marvel is sabotaging the X-Men brand because of movie rights.

I want this to be true so bad
mutants have been contaminating other comics for years now.
The constant mutant wank was so bad it was even all over spiderman comics. It got to the point some spider-man stories were all about his mutie friends instead of being about his stuff.

Mutants should be their own universe, it makes not fucking sense for them to exist in the same fucking universe as all the other heroes, specially since they're more soap-opera with super powers instead of actual super heroes.

McFarland did this one too? Then I change my answer.

I enjoy Fables a lot, I need to continue buying it, I've taken a break for years, but damn it's expensive keeping up with it.

Can't wait till he's dead

>sales for Bendis' horseshit comics finally declining

>Named after Jeph Loeb's dead son
They won't kill him but they'll probably reduce his role as time goes on.
The suffering will be over eventually
It'll go both ways

Yes, he did.

youtube.com/watch?v=jRGrNDV2mKc

Don't worry, he's got all those sweet #1 sales coming over the next few months. He'll be back on top in no time

I'd settle with him fading into obscurity, as long as he fucks off.
It's been four years, and nobody liked him in any incarnation. It's time for Marvel to accept he was a failure.

How do you like how he "tied up" what happened to Richard Rider(Ryder teehee) in the Cancerverse?

>Dindu nuffin
:O when did this come out?

Good taste user.

I sent Bendis a lot of very racist messages on his tumblr that day.
I know that if anything that probably made Rich's situation even worse, but I was just that mad. Even SSM #9 didn't piss me off that much

>:O when did this come out?

Last month I think.

>in any incarnation
nigga unless you are talking just about Sam Alexander, DnA Nova was amazing.

This year

I was talking about Sam Loeb in that post.
You have to appreciate the irony that the person he's based off does of cancer, and he is cancer for sales in comics.

I played Spawn on GBC

It was ok I guess but the difficulty was too much for me back then

Deadpool could get better from that.

the girl dancing really reminds me of batman beyond.

It's a cosplayer

Yeah, Bendis and Jason Aaron turned me off to Marvel. Was reading a ton of shit regularly for several years and they trashed so much shit that all the series will be feeling it for a very long time. GotG and Nova were my all time faves before they came along.

Oh wait nevermind

Are they still making Curse of the Spawn?

death-chan is mai waifu

Quick question on Hellboy. Is it a good read? Liked the movie and thought about reading original. Is it all good or it gets bad past certain chapter?

I gotta see this shit, it sounds hilarious.

The only things I've bothered reading, not buying just reading, from Marvel are the REALLY bad issues like Mockingbird 3 and events.
Everything else is just really boring to me, and the things I was enjoying a few years ago got cancelled, while Captain Marvel got 4 relaunches.
I would actually support the upcoming Nova title if Marvel didn't make it sound like a bait and switch, and took Sam off the title.

the maxx is so good. do the comic before the show, will give more context.

Hellboy is awesome. Arcs don't drag out and has some memorable moments.

Vertigo Death is better

Thoughts?

Thanks. Other Mignola stuff worth reading? Like his artstyle by the way.

The Amazing Screw-On Head
It even had a pilot for a cartoon
youtube.com/watch?v=XbsDvGtTRWU

It's better than the movie. It's probably my favorite comic (don't read much of those, admittedly). It's a great mix of fun and serious moments.

As a bonus, if you're a fan of movies you're gonna read everything Hellboy says in Perlman's voice. Aw, crap.

Why are inhumans allways showed happy when they get their powers?

Why wouldn't they?

will check it out if I can
Thanks

The Spawn movie was one of my favorite movies growing up. Too bad it turns out it's really shitty and I only liked it because I was a dumb little kid.

It's where 40k took a lot of inspiration from. And by "took inspiration" I mean "blatantly stole".

What if they get one that also makes them horribly deformed?

So THAT'S what that dude is from.

>Harley Quinns
Yes
YES

goddamn i love the punisher

>Have fun with all the Harley Quinns
Oh I will

They're going to be fat, annoying, or both
Besides it'll be SS Harley

Have fun

THICC

Could Spawn make a comeback?

Well, I don't have turkey or steak but at least I'll have pork every night now.

It was a weird time indeed

Yep

I can't tell if this was meant to be taken seriously or not, either way it's cringy as fuck.

The comic itself is about "the worst nerds to have ever lived"
The scene in question is one of the characters sperging out
Back then it had an adult swim pilot
youtube.com/watch?v=4gK0uNlLa3s

sevrely overhyped

THIQ

If spawn had a new cartoon, movie or videogame sure.

Wish You Were Here was actually one of the good Crossed stories. That, 100+ and some of the mini stories like the soldiers' one (baring the end, what a fucking shitty end).

>dont talk to me or my son ever again.png

>ghost rider in the back

What is this guy's thing? Is the mustard acidic and the ketchup poison or something?