Smash 4 NX Edition

What are the odds this shit is happening?

What additional stuff would you wanna see? I imagine there's gonna be at least "~1 round of DLC"s worth of additional content to entice potential double dippers

>People already trying to hype up Smash for the NX after what a letdown Smash 4 was

ahahahahah

this, I was hyped as fuck but Smash 4 had no content with any real substance.

Felt like a cash grab with no heart.

At this point I only care about who will get in the roster and who's out.
I fucking hope the NX isn't too underpowered in Handheld Mode.

>what are the chances
>one of the biggest franchises ever for console company
>literally a system seller

My guess is that they'd have all DLC from previous versions (except possibly for the Mii costumes, if Miis are still a thing with the NX), and maybe include stages, trophies, and modes from both the 3DS and Wii U versions.

>Nintendo
>making financially competent decisions

pick one and only one.

They can't beat the past games, in terms of roster. Brawl had Snake, 4 had Megaman. I don't know where we can go from here.

Well, there's this ONE character that could surpass Snake, Mega Man, Cloud and Ryu combined...
Goku :^)

The sad thing is, he's probably the only person who could. Son Goku is the strongest, after all.

I hope the game will be called "for BOTH" and combines content of 3DS and WiiU, plus even more.

>Smash NX
>hardware in handheld mode is good enough to bring back Ice Climbers
>all stages between WiiU and 3DS are available in both modes
>that's literally it

>only reason anyone thinks this is happening is because of attention whoring baka gaijins on Twitter with zero direct connections to Nintendo

Why are people so painfully fucking gullible and retarded on the internet? What makes it happen?

haha oh man don't be retarded

>dislike/disappointed in certain franchise's installment
>there's hope because many series get new installments every 2 or 3 years-ish
>disappointed in Smash 4
>next installment not coming for at least 6 years

suffering

Terry Bogard as a guest character.

Smash 4 is garbage not just for melee fags, but also for 95% of the single player content being literally reused assets from Brawl. Unlockables have no value, the grinding is literally 10x worse than previous games and the somehow managed to make classic mode the worst in smash history, let alone no adventure mode.

95% of trophies just old brawl assets with more textures. No break the targets, no race to the finish, no grab the coins, no board the platforms.

This game is literally a $10 game priced $60 + $50 DLC

Literally the worst smash ever.

i want him.

Who cares about the characters or one player mode.

FIX THE FUCKING BULLSHIT MECHANICS OF SUPER OVER DEFENSIVE SAFE AERIAL POKE BROTHERS THAT RESET NEUTRAL 50 TIMES PER MATCH FOR WII U AND 3DS!

Slight shieldstun increase universally

Slight hitstun increase universally

You cannot input buffer during hitstun or shieldstun

You cannot roll immediately after rolling for a full second

Air dodging into the ground gives you alot cool down

If you input buffer a shield you will not have power shield frames

Attacks have less cool down IF THEY HIT

Characters can do sliding tilts and Smashes

Characters have combos unique to them not universal d-throw

You sure like the word "literally" huh?

#BuffPuff for NX

Can happen, but it would have all the DLC in it.
Would be cool if they did another character, but that won't happen.

>implying that wouldn't be tight shit
It's a natural progression, Smash is a celebration of video games

Lmao look at this litrally faggot meleefag

64 is worse but I agree.

Yeah. I just felt lacking. Which is stange because there is so much content, I guess it just lacks replay-ability and extra features.

>Characters can do sliding tilts and smashes
you can do this, but it has to be reversed

There's no good single-player content and the AI just reads your inputs instead of actually being fun and challenging to fight.

I don't even know what the full soundtrack is because unlocking everything is a luck-based grind.

Fuck that.

>Which is stange because there is so much content,

which is the problem because the game's got so many ideas it cant meaningfully expand on any of them

id cull everything to do with trophies, stadium, smash tour, Miis and stage builder for:

>an actual grand effort on good stage design
>expanded online play with essential features like regional + skill based matchmaking and ping display
>custom moves more meaningful (ie, maybe only 1 custom move per Special, but it changes the move heavily a la Palutena/Mega Man)
>All-Star randomized again
>3DS classic mode style replaces with Wii-U's current clusterfuck version
>actual DLC costumes for the main cast
>the "clones" diversified a bit more

>I don't even know what the full soundtrack is because unlocking everything is a luck-based grind.

dont forget you got all those coins, but can only use them on trophies :^)

they already have a little novelty shop; just throw the custom moves/music in there too!

and a stage hazard toggle too

Includes all DLC plus Ice climbers.

Most of my complaints except for:

>The Menu feels like a retard designed it.
>If we are going to have clones like melee did for a last ditch effort to expand the roster then Sakurai should have gone all out and made: Chrom, Alph, Pichu, Dixie Kong, Wolf, and Ken be in the game.
>Very few Hazardless and Neutral stages in the game.
>No boss battles
>Brawl had a better stage builder, and this new one should have been built off of that with new pieces and themes.

>same shitty Sm4sh
>now on NX!

No.

Koopalings.

People love them in MK, partially leading MK8 to be the most successful Wii U game. People love them in Smash as well, but people don't like that they're all stuck in a junior clown car that doesn't suit them, they have a final smash that doesn't suit them, they are all treated as Bowser Jr in the game's records, and always earn you a Bowser Jr trophy. It's awkward that they have to be shrunk and squashed down to fit Bowser Jr's size and proportions, and jarring how poor their models are compared to the other fighters. Bowser Jr fans don't like that the character doesn't have any proper recolors of his own. But, people also don't want then to get too much space or special attention. Jr and Koopalings only got in because of each other but now that they're all in

Mish-mashing all of their moves together, based on all the games they've been in for all these years, make one moveset based on all of their fights from over the dozen games they're in. Shared final smash, hypothetically could be calling in the airship from SMB3. Larry is the default koopaling, the others can be selected as alts. Same exact moves, same exact animationd tweaked for their shape and proportions. Alter size, weight, speed, reach, attack strength, things like that, depending on each koopaling. Only individually unique animations would be idles, one of three taunts, victories, faces, and Wendy's walk since she's in heels.

Clearing any mode with one earns a trophy of the character you're playing as, but to balance things they're the only characters who can have their trophies unlocked by normal means too. Clear classic with Roy, all 7 of their trophies are thrown in the hat, etc.

You're effectively hiding 7 low-effort yet decently varied clones of different shapes and sizes under one character slot. It might be work equivelant to making one new character, 2 or 3 regular clones, and a handful of new good quality trophies. But I think it would be worthwhile and generally well-recieved.

puff is a garbage designed character. She needs to be reworked (probably evolve into wigglytuff with a new moveset). As she stands, she will either be overpowered or underpowered. This is remedied in melee a bit because she's kept in check by and EVEN MORE broken character, this is also poor balance.

>Handheld Mode
We don't even know if that's a thing.

smash 4 already has 1080p 60 fps gameplay a nx port is retarded

The only reason we got Brawn and Sm4sh was that Sakurai was close friends with Iwata. Now that Iwata is dead, Sakurai will have no motivation to make another Smash. That means we may not get any more Smash games at all, or at least that it will be given to a different developer, and may end up very different from how Sakurai does it.

>Original 12 Chars returning
>Sheik returns
>Sakurai finally steps down
>advanced tech returns
>an actual adventure/SSE mode

please

I like Melee but Reggie has been talking quite positively about E-Sports so I kinda got my hopes back up for the next Smash game actually having some depth besides trying to dominate the neutral

Holy autism

BEST OPTION

Go away Ryan Hines-Kazama.
There will be no more smash the fans killed the series.
Now kindly fuck off and stop making this thread.

>Don't neuter the console version just because a handheld version exists.

Everyone knows that a console will be more powerful than a handheld. Don't cut content and drop ideas for both simply because the handheld can't run it.

I'd also add
>Turn on/off stage hazards.
>Turn on/off stages when selecting a random stage.

Fuck you, I like trophies.

>Smash 4
>letdown
Onky for the Meleefags on Cred Forums. For thinking human beings, it was the best the series has ever been.

My prediction: Supports all the same amiibos but makes you reset them before use with the NX

Brawl was better and actually felt like it had effort put into it.

Pretty high considering its popularity. It should came with all the DLC so far, of course. They adding a more compelling single player mode and the Ice Climbers would make me buy it day one.

Beat roster, balance, item selection, stage selection, soundtrack, gameplay, and multiplayer options. Second best singleplayer behind Brawl's.

4 is only better because the roster is marginally better which IS the most important factor for the series.

Everything else about the game is average or lack luster.

Epic

>She needs to be reworked (probably evolve into wigglytuff with a new moveset)

Might as well evolve Pikachu into Raichu while we're at it

>brawl was better
Meleefags are so desperate to tear down Smash 4 for being more played and better rated that they will lie through their teeth about the game they actively trashed for years. Pathetic.

See There is nothing better about 64, Melee, or Brawl except Subspace Emmisary and boss battles.

I'd buy it again if they brought back Snake.

cmon, its not like he's doing anything anymore. its easy money for konami.

pikachu is a perfectly balanced character, no need to do that

>adventure mode
all i fucking want. smash tour is horrible.

so "autist" really is the new "nerd".
get the fuck off Cred Forums underage normalfag, this is a thread for thoughts and ideas.

The roster is only marginally better than Brawl.

Pokemon Trainer was a good idea but poorly executed, should have polished it up instead of cutting down Charizard.

Remove Wii Fit Trainer
Remove Lucina
Dr. Mario as a costume
Remove Toon Link

Change Ganondorf

Recycle less between characters, use more from their source material.

Time for my big debut.

hopefully the odds are low because smash is a shit series that needs to go away for a while and replaced with something better like f-zero or metroid prime or a real modern pokemon game on a real fucking console

Brawl was better than Melee.

Cred Forums Pass user since November 2015.

>Remove Wii Fit Trainer

>cutting a unique character and the only one from its IP

>Shit opinion
>Has a pass

Shocking

I honestly hope they port it and say fuck it, because i am seriously sick of hearing about super smash bros.

Replace with a GOOD unique character. Wii Fit is from a "game" made for soccer moms.

>metroid

>Iggy with a Sm4sh Bowser quality model
Fucking fund it.

>he gave money to Cred Forums
>prefers brawl

what a surprise

Don't be a bully poortrash kun.

>the character is bad because I don't care about the game it's from

literally (you)

i'd rather be poor than retarded anyway

I'd love to see the NX version have all of the features that were split between the Wii U and the 3DS, all of the DLC, and maybe a few bonus characters on top of that.

I don't really have a preference for what new characters would be in it, it could be cool if they managed to bring back the few neglected Melee and Brawl characters like Ice Climbers, Snake, and Wolf while adding in some new character like Travis Touchdown which would never happen but a man can dream right

It's true.

>piece of fitness software for soccer moms is now considered a game by nu-males

Kill yourself

What I want
>Snake, Wolf, and Icies returning
>King K. Rool
>Isaac
>Mike Jones
>Magic-based Ganondorf moveset with old dorf made into Black Shadow
>Dedede and Shulk buffs

What's actually going to happen
>Itsuki Aoi from Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and maybe Tsubasa
>Daisy
>Color Splash/Sticker Star themed Paper Mario
>Self-insert character from iPhone Fire Emblem
>Dedede nerfs and Shulk cut
>All of the characters listed in the top section as DLC Mii costumes
>Corrin and Lucina still returning

user do I need to play a game of facts and opinions with you

>StarTropics

Holy shit user great taste

It's a Nintendo IP from the Wii era. It's as legitimate a choice as Xenoblade, and it adds a different flavor to the types of titles represented in Smash. And besides that, it's just hilarious to actually play as such a non-character from something that's not even really a game and actually fight with it. Lighten up.

Realistically there will be an NX-Only patch for version 1.1.8 nerfing Sonic, Diddy, and Rosa while buffing very slightly Jiggs and Samus, thus splitting the community between the 2 consoles.

betting this guys on deck, be it a port of 4 or 5 in the later future

nah, at most we'll get Inklings and MAYBE Elma as new characters

melee remastered or hd remake calling it now.

I want another Smash announcement just so the autistic Ridleyfags come back out to make more funny shit.

>Remove Wii Fit Trainer
Opinion discarded.

I wouldn't see a point in buying it again

..unless of course, they include pic related. NOW we're talking day one

His original games were on the NES. So I don't see why not.

>Ridley was made into a rather specific sort of boss enemy on Pyrosphere, who can't be replaced by just anything else
>for the sake of keeping Pyrosphere available as a returning stage, Ridley can never ever be playable

>bring back
>pyrosphere
I hope not, Jesus what an awful stage. It may have actually been good without Ridleywank.

In a perfect world...

But there's SO much chaos going on because of Ridley! That's what Smash Bros is all about! Of course they'll bring Pyrosphere back!

men like me would not exist.

The best you will get I think is just the complete WiiU version with added 3DS content and all DLC included on cart.

Good.

I enjoy your Ridleyfag tiers after you people shit up the board every time a Smash game gets released

always said the biggest problems are all the underutilized half-steps such as custom moves ending up being so half-assed

tiers r4 queers

Cloud got in, so I wouldn't rule anyone out if they were popular enough in japan at least.

>Cred Forums Pass user since November 2015.
Are people typing this manually?

They could replace him with Alfonzo piloting the Ridley robot from Zero Mission.

Alfonzo: "Leave it to me!"

I really wish NX would have its own games and not reissues of games that already exist.

>Nintendrones bash Naughty Dog for rereleasing TLoU on their next console
>Suddenly ok when Nintendo ports Sm4sh to NX