Rune Factory

Just started playing pic related, and I'm completely in love with it. It's pretty much the most polished, deep, and perfect farming game ever made.

Rune Factory 5 when?

It was my first RF and I loved it too.

RF5 maybe never, so I bought RF3 on my DS.

If you just started RF4 which has like 100+ hours of content wtf do you want RF5

Studio closed senpai

I just got to rune prana and am totally lost. Am I supposed to grind for years to beat this shit or what?

Why wouldn't you? I want to know RF has a future.

Well yeah, it sold suprisingly well. Definitely has a future.

They don't own the IP, and most of them found jobs with the actual IP holder

Upgrade your gears

Because the RF games get progressively better and better, so at this rate RF5 would be a god-game which makes puny mortals bow before its feet.

Not even talking about just farming games, RF4 is one of the most well-polished games I've ever played. I seriously feel sorry for people who don't have a 3DS and are stuck with RF3.

I think so too. You feel how much care thry put into. As it is i support it completely.

Never. Studio closed, I don't think it sold well.

So I just recently got this game, what's the best way for me to really get into it? All this talk about polish and replayability, and I guess I just haven't quite hit the mark yet. What should I be doing?

Forte best girl

>Rune factory 5 comes out.
>More crops
>More animals and monsters with the ability to have them specialize in other things besides farmwork.
>More seasonal crops
>More than one town to visit
>MORE dragon waifus
>You can actually marry them.

It's a "do whatever" game.

Fish, farm, tame, forge, cook, socialize.

There is no "correct" way to progress. Do the dungeons whenever you want to continue the story. There is no rush.

Whatever you find fun to do, just do it.

I was completely in love with it for weeks until I got to the last act and the difficulty ramps up to hellish levels. Haven't touched it since to tend to my crops or my sleepy waifu.

My favorite thing would be if RF5 took something out of Dragon Dogma's book:

The ability to marry any NPC in the game. Absolutely all of them.

Gather up a bunch of easily produced foods, as many as you can carry.

Go to Rune Prana and start throwing food at the first strong monster you see. Do this until it becomes friends. You can now ride them into battle and kill pretty much anything if you play it safe.

Savescum if you use up all your food and they're still hostile. I think having a high love stat makes it easier.

I'd be fine with that.
But you can't marry Grigori

It did sell well actually, it was outselling Harvest Moon

Is that you Jim? Bigamy is a sin

>Stardew Valley will be forgotten on three years
>we will still be talking about one of the best games on 3DS RF4

Feels good, man. Forte is best girl.

Still stuck at the end, haven't managed to trigger the next bit because not friendly enough with everyone. SIGH. I think I'm at the mercy of the RNG.

that's because it was clearly fucking better in every regard.

Welcome to the best taste club user.

>Sleepy waifu

Good taste.

IP holder still going strong and hired the dev team and RF4 sold like mad

i wouldnt even be able to touch assdew valley after playing RF4

Alothough it does have positive reception

I've never played rune factory is it better than both HM and story of seasons?

Can you start a family?

Except the milfs.
They love making milfs NEVER EVER

Yes. It's WAY more polished, plus it has ARPG elements.

HM's problem is how clunky they keep it.

>I've never played rune factory is it better than both HM and story of seasons?
Yes. Even if you ignore 90% of the game and focus only on the farming mechancis, RF4 blows any other farming game out of the water.

Would Cred Forums be interested in an RF-like game that had a gothic-horror theme to it or a spess-sci-fi theme to it all the while improving and adding upon the comfy atmosphere and gameplay?

I loved the RF series. I've played through most of them and have been searching for another series or game like it. I've played and enjoyed Harvest Moon, Stardew, Fantasy Life, etc..

Any other games like it at all that I may have overlooked? I'm kinda in a slow period of gaming right now and would love some suggestions..

>Would Cred Forums be interested in an RF-like game

Yes.

I've had an idea on one I want to make for awhile, but I keep getting stuck on adapting some of the mechanics to something fun and not changing it into a different genre of game.

Basically using spooks to farm different types of fear from people in a town. Use that fear to pay for stuff in dark god world and for crafting. Trying to work in exorcists and competing spooks but kinda stuck since I don't want to turn it into an rts or tower defense.

Anywho, I fucking love rune factory. Fell in love with RF3, probably going to buy a 2ds just for this and monster hunter in a few months.

3 is better.

>Basically using spooks to farm different types of fear from people in a town. Use that fear to pay for stuff in dark god world and for crafting. Trying to work in exorcists and competing spooks but kinda stuck since I don't want to turn it into an rts or tower defense.

Sounds like you could try making it more of an ARPG thing when working with the exorcists and working against competing spookies. What did you mean by RTS or Tower Defense?

When does this game get good? Farming sucks currently. Are the monsters still not used as proper farm animals? Fucking sucks man.

I want the player to feel like he is using the spooks as plants and raising them to harvest various emotions. Exorcists would want to kill your plants. A way to defend or stop them would be using various other spooks tower defense (station them in a stationary place) or rts (move them around as units) style. Or having the player to be the sole defender of his crops.

I don't want any of those 3, so I've just been brainstorming for months while working on various other projects that go nowhere but teach me a lot.

Kinda stuck

>When does this game get good?

few minutes in

t. it never gets good

Why not go with being able to ally one or two spookies and have some limited control over their actions a la Kingdom Hearts or, if you're so inclined, lots of specific control a la FF XII via gambit system while maintaining the main player as the primary defender of the crops?

Hmm, I'll have too look into that more since I've never played Kingdom hearts. Thanks for the idea, I'll check it out.

I'm starting with Rune Factory 1 and working my way up. Hope it's worth it.

It's not perfect, from what I saw, but it's an option if you're wanting to keep the gameplay an ARPG while incorporating an ally system of sorts since it sounds like the spookies are similar to raising "blank slate" characters with certain attributes that can eventually be useful for various purposes.

I'm sure some other user might have a better idea, but so far, that's what I can come up with without turning it into an RTS or a Tower Defense.

Good luck. If you do get around to actually developing it, let us know. Lord knows there are anons that would want to get another RF-like to play with.

It isn't.

I don't get this mentality. Just play the best games in a series if the games don't rely on each other for story purposes. Stop wasting your time with worse games for autistic reasons such as being a completionist.

It's worth it for some series when sequels are distinct enough. RF is not one of those cases, gameplay wise everything is a straight up upgrade in 4, the only thing up for discussion is the waifu game and 3 undeniably excels at that, so please just jump to 3.

Frontier is also worth playing since it's pretty different and a well done big console title. Oceans is different but sucks dick.

>Frontier's runeys
Yeah no fuck that noise

Disabled easily on the superior platform called dolphin.

RF4 manages the incredible feat of being both the best Harvest Moon game despite technically being a spinoff AND one of the best RPGs released in the last decade.

It's a triumph of game design and I hope every day is the one where Rune Factory 5 is finally announced.

Xiao Pai best girl

>t. it never gets good
t. THAT'S NOT HOW YOU FUCKING USE THE t. MEME YOU PIECE OF FUCK

>Finish up Arc 2
>Change appearance to Frey so I can yuri it the fuck up
>A few of the bachelors, Dylas and Arthur especially, start flirting with me
Oh gosh. Please stop, I'm a Frey (male).

t. you are pretty mad aren't you?

Mfg. fick dich

>Forte
>best anything

Ich verstehe das du sauer bist nachdem dich Einwaderer tagtÃĪglich in den Arsch ficken du deutsche cuckold Ratte.

They flirt with you regardless

Right. I didn't mean that they were doing it as a result of me switching appearance.
I had just conveniently missed all that dialogue before switching and it was funny that they started doing it then.

> one is a genuinely hardworking narcoleptic

> the other is just really fucking lazy

>one is an airhead

>the other is a selfish cunt

Please no bully.