How do we save Nintendo?

How do we save Nintendo?

>Casual audience has moved on
>Kids all play on smartphones now and think they're a joke
>Third parties hate them
>Wii U was catastrophic failure
>Only thing that makes money is 3DS which continues to lose against smartphones
>Most franchises are dead now, ones that still get games are butchered with half-assed mediocre titles
>Their only audience are their die-hard fans and even they are pissed off now
>Only major game they have on the horizon is Zelda which STILL has no fixed release date beyond "2017" and will likely be another forgettable entry
>Still no info on NX with less than 6 months left until its supposed release

JUST

We can't save them.
No one can save them.
Everytime someone propose something new at Nintendo, Miyamoto says his disappoint and they move on the same projects over and over.

Go third party. Nobody gives a rats ass about their consoles when the competition is not only superior specs but also has actual online play.
If they poured 100% of their budget into making good games, and sold them across multiple platforms, they would make more money then they would by selling Pee Poos with only one good game

I hope Yakuza man steals all their money

Why does anyone care about Nintendo anymore? All they do is rely on the same like 5 games rehashed and and gimmicks that seem cool but get old within the week.

>>Only major game they have on the horizon is Zelda which STILL has no fixed release date beyond "2017" and will likely be another forgettable entry
Opinion Discarded

because nintendo saved video games in 1985 when atari destroyed 99% of the trust and fun that was built up until then in 1983.

He's right

Zelda doesn't have a specific release date

I babysit two kids. They had an ipad for a while but they recent got a 2ds each. While they're excited to play pokemon, they found the 2ds really hard to work with and set up. They found the ipad easier to use in general, and I don't blame them for feeling that way.

anyone have th original? i want to know why he has a conehead

>Kids all play on smartphones now and think they're a joke

I'm letting my brothers play playstation instead of shitty nintendo :)

>Game has actual controls and touch controls
>Plebs go straight to the touch controls

nothing unusual here

>baitest of bait

>>Casual audience has moved on
>>Kids all play on smartphones now and think they're a joke
>>>Only thing that makes money is 3DS which continues to lose against smartphones
All of these are irrelevant because they're uh, making fucking smartphone games now? And by "Kids think they're a joke" you mean "Kids want more fucking smartphone games from them"

Doesn't seem like a good reason to me in this "what have you done for me lately" world we live in. 1985 was over 30 years ago. Nobody cares about that, especially since most of Nintendos current fanbase is well under 30 and don't know shit about that.

That's the entire industry as of right now user

how it it bait frogposter

How the hell is the 2ds harder to set up? You shove a game in it and press the start button. Maybe its just because I'm old but I fucking hate working with touch screens and smart devices.

>it it

>all of this Nintendo hate

So Pokemon Go is a fad or not?

People has stopped mentioning it.

They deserve it for running SEGA out of business.

>Breath of the Wild
>Forgettable
How is the most different Zelda in years forgettable?

Go back to making games for the Gamecube since they clearly can't make HD games in < 10 years

That was Sony's doing user

nintendo becoming a third party

Of course it was a fad, it was so barebones I'm suprised it lasted as long as it did.

(((You)))

There's only one way: Make games that have layers. A soft, squishy casual outer layer and a hard...core inner layer that's slightly hidden out of the way.

You basically just have hardcore mode hidden in options with the default game set to casual mode.

The problem is with games like Zelda you'd have to change the entire world layout to be much more expansive and less linear but that's easy to change by just walling off sections and removing enemies and dumbing down puzzles and/or removing some of them for the default casual mode.

But you gotta let them set it to hardcore for the first playthrough, none of that "have to beat easy mode first" bullshit.

Ipad games are about instant gratification

Regular games you usually have to actually play them to recieve gratification.

Guess which an autistic baby would go to

Never ever, Sony pony.

It's still the most profitable game on the App Store somehow

Nintendo pulled some dirty moves with the yakuza back in the SNES days.

[s] You can't [/s]

Seriously though Nintendos fucked

>High dollar amounts means a good game

As much money and hype as all the AAA releases make, no one talks about them past that year. Only good games get remembered.

>Why does anyone care about Nintendo anymore? All they do is rely on the same like 5 games rehashed

How's the latest Call of Duty/Assassin's Creed/Madden/GTA on your MultiplatStation 4?

Remember in 2005 or so people warned that Nintendo focusing on casuals will be a huge mistake because casuals are fickle?

Looks like they were 100% right.

It's because of the pokemon name, If it was something else it most likely wouldn't do nearly as well.

There's no saving them now. I say this as a former nintendrone who used to defend them all day on Cred Forums. Their only choice now is to go full mobile and license shitty films.

>He bought a Wii U

Except the Wii came out in 2006 and fucking dominated.

The difference is Nintendo only cares about rehashes while other consoles at least try to get some new ips on the go

the only way to save Nintendo is to completely purge all the dusty traditionalist Japanese businessmen at the top (including Miyamoto) and replace them with people who understand the state of the industry today.

Even then it's an uphill battle.

Nintendo-sama should be nicer to 3rd party qt's desu

nigger what

What about the Treehouse crew? They're hip and young!

Correction, Atari fucked themselves and thus atari clones failed as well. The home computer and the console industry in Japan stayed strong.
Nintendo didn't save shit, this was just business.

Because everything it does that we've seen so far has been done before and done better years ago.

Open world survivalcraft games are more stale than week old bread.

ironically the wiiu still has more objectively good games than the xbone and ps4 combined

After the Wii days they just became irredemable

It hasn't been done in Zelda before, so I'm pretty sure it can't be forgettable in this context

Move entirely into mobile gaming e.g. Pokemon Go

Name one good game besides Bayonetta 2.

Funny how Pretendos. Never bring that up.

They're the new 4kids and they need to go.

>has been done before and done better years ago.
t. a person who hasn't played the fucking game

Neither have you.

>Nintendocucks still thinking the world revolves around Zelda

Zelda hasn't been a relevant franchise in years. The last Zelda most people cared about was Wind Waker.

>Faggots try to include completely different games when talking about the memorability of a game series's installments

Did Twilight Princess not exist in your world? That game was hyped up to hell and back

Is this the daily Nintendo shitposting thread?

Fact: everything the new Zelda does is one generation old

Oh I got the dates off. I meant 2007, because people warned after the wii came out.

People just bought a wii, played tennis or sports, and never bought another game. Nintendo lost their casual audience and much of their hardcore audience years later, just as predicted.

Fact: What isn't?

>Did Twilight Princess not exist in your world? That game was hyped up to hell and back
>Nintendrones hyping new Mario/Zelda game is somehow noteworthy

>b-bu-but SONY!!!

Literally,
>LITERALLY
>I
>T
>E
>R
>A
>L
>L
>Y

Every time. Stop with this Sony boogieman shit, you guys are worse than niggers when it comes to blaming others for your own problems.

>implying if you had scalable terrain and monsters in horizon you wouldn't be stoked as fuck

People cared about it then didn't they?

7 million sales don't lie

Darksiders is the best modern Zelda game.

>i would if i played only Nintendo games on only Nintendo consoles for my whole life like delusional nintendrones do

Is this bait? It feels like bait.

Remove Miyamoto.
Their parents have failed.

Truth hurts

It might have if it was truth

Go back in time to like 1990 and tell Nintendo that Atari is dead and so there is no reason to pretend video games are for babies any more.

Also shoot Charles Martinet in the head.

SEGA ruined themselves

>Running Sega out of business

>Name one good game besides Bayonetta 2.
still more than the ps4/1 have

>Also shoot Charles Martinet in the head.
What the hell did Charles ever do to you

Don't misunderstand me user, I love Charles. He is like a kindly old grandfather.

But it is the only way to stop Mario.

I hope you do realize there's hundreds of other Mario impersonators, right

Yes but Charles Martinet is the vessel in which the immortal, demonic spirit of Mario Mario is kept bound to this plain.

Someone needs to go all Looper on his ass

why should we saved them?
they are in deep shit and they asked for it
last year alone, they realised shitty game after shitty game
this year, they didn't even put any effort to hide the fact that they didn't give a fuck about wiiu
and 3ds 2016 planning was almost a empty as wiiu library

they crushed each and every one of their licence
>Mario this
>Mario that
>Super Mario this
>Super Mario that
>New Suoer Mario this
>New Super Mario that

and when it's not mario, the senile motherfucker responsible for all this (OP's pic) will force a fucking gimmick into it because he can't think of anythnig better

I don't care about them anymore, fuck them

I don't care if it has a Mario skin as long as the games are different (I mean with different gameplay).

Unfortunately there hasn't been new Mario series in a long time.

Sega destroyed themselves. Nintendo and Sony had nothing to do with that.

How many extra chromosomes do they have?

C'mon, the game is shallow as fuck. Every gamer who played any of the older games felt it in the first session.

>Fad
I'm sure they'll pump out gen 2, and then that will be it because normies don't care about Pokemon after gen 2. They barely care about Pokemon from gen 2.

>A soft, squishy casual outer layer
but user
what does it smell like
just wondering for a laugh ha ha

>cable tv cord cutters massively drop the income of tv studios forcing them to lower the budgets of tv shows

>massive declines in movie theater attendance causes movie studios to drop production costs of their movies and to debut movies to people on pay per view

>large tv sales decline, people start watching shows and movies on computer screens and mobile devices much

>the cost of making 1080p games declines with advances in technology

>the trend of video games to having more and more details in higher and higher resolution declines

Nintendo is then able to make games for both fans of 'cinematic' experiences at costs that aren't risky of huge losses if the game fails while also making games they have in the past like what are considered not amazing graphics in 2016 like New Super Mario Bros and they can also make mobile games with moderate to low graphics quality.

Gen2 is pretty popular. Gen3 that pokemon become 'ruined forever'

It doesn't deserve to be saved. Instead of another real Super Mario RPG, we get more garbage paper mario shit. Where's F-Zero? Where's Metroid?

>gamer

Best answer here, thread should've ended

No one can save them but themselves. They don't need to be saved anyway, they want it like this. And they have the war chest to sustain it

For science, user. Don't lie: you tried it too.

>Where's F-Zero? Where's Metroid?
niche series that has very few sales and fans

>And they have the war chest to sustain it
money has a tendency to evapore very fast for irresponsible companys

>Miyamoto says his disappoint and they move on the same projects over and over.
Then why are Nintendo's hardware decisions so batshit insane?

They literally don't give a shit; they have that Danny Devito complex from Matilda. Literally everyone's wrong but them

Google have literally spent the better part of a decade forcing people to submit to their will.

>Literally everyone's wrong but them
It's kind of true. The gaming part of video games is certainly taking a nose dive nowadays.

miyamoto is the george lucas of gaming

I didn't, seriously.

You didn't miss much

And nintendo is bound for the same fate.

you guys think i can make fat dosh off of selling an NES classic before Wave 2?
or keep it sealed for eternity until it becomes rare.
europe here, thing has been sold out for months, no idea if there are regional differences or not.

>Google have literally spent the better part of a decade forcing people to submit to their will.
Nintendo and Google are in different situations

>And nintendo is bound for the same fate.
yes Nintendo is acting like Sega acted in the middle of the 90'

Nintendo didn't release shitty add-ons or the Wii or Wii U to increase its lifespan

they also didn't release a console right after its announcement

NoA isn't developing hardware on their own.

>Kids all play.
>If they would make more money thing new at Nintendo, Miyamoto says his disappoint and they move on the state of the top (including Miyamoto) and replace them with people who understand the state of they poured 100% of their only audience has money then they have on they would by selling good games, and Pound phoenix
>completely purge all platforms, they're a joke
>Third parties hate beyond "2017" and will likely be another forgettable entry
>Still no info on NX with only one good games than 6 money is 3DS which continues to lose against smartphones no fixed release date beyond "2017" and will likely be another forgettable entry
>Still no info on NX with half-assed mediocre titles
>Third party.
>Nobody gives a rats ass about the top (including that still get games, and sold them with online play.
>Go third party.
>Nobody gives a rats ass about them
>Wii U was catastrophic failure
>Only then they move on the same projects over and over.
>If the industry today. Non Miyamoto) and replace they would by selling Pee Poos with less than 6 months left unt

Every day until the NX reveal.

>NoA isn't developing hardware on their own.
pity because black-belt was better than katana

So you want Nintendo to turn into Sega?

What?

noa is full of swj that will ,most likely, hold and sabotage every products

well, not so different from what they actually do with ncl products anyway

the wrong Jap died.

so nintendo just should purge noa

POSTING IN DAILY SHITPOST THREAD

CHECK THIS 5

>GTA
GTA only comes out like every five years