youtube.com/watch?v=84VGolv81-Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>metal gear threadS
dead franchise thread
ftfy

sad but true

it's better this way

>its been over a year since TPP disappointed you

It's been over a year since TPP disappointed me.

It's been just about eight months since I started appreciating its merits and looking at what it is rather than what it isn't. Replaying it again, I'm enjoying it a lot more with all the hype out of the way.

such lust

>armin tamzarian is a better seymour skinner than seymour skinner himself
>venom snake is a better big boss than big boss himself
P O T T E R Y

I am a soldier that's all that matters don't fight my style

I tried replaying it and I lost interest right after I first unlocked the africa map.

I don't know why but the afganhistan map feels way better than the central africa one.

I was raised in a small village

I respect that but I didn't feel that way at all. I enjoyed Afghanistan but I really started hitting my stride the second time around when it hit Africa.

Finally picked up MGSV after about a year of not playing it. Finally finished all of the Side Ops, and holy shit, fuck those helicopters that show up in every single "DESTROY THE ARMORED VEHICLE/TANK UNIT" mission. Actually, fuck those missions in general because they suck and there's so many of them.
Also got my Nuke finished and then it got taken away 5 minutes later. What the fuck.

>disappointed
speak for yourself. game was 3/3 for me

>3/3
what an odd scale to use

Did they fuck? Honestly, is to safe to say it was likely at this point?

that kind of relationship would fizzle out if there was ever any kind of sexual release

ocelot was clearly driven by the most acute case of blueballs the world has ever seen

>what an odd scale to use

i judge games in comparison to my penis

2=3>4>V>1>PW>MG1/2
debate this you can't

>Snake, did I ever tell you about that time me and the brainwashed body double of your genetical father killed the boss of XOF (covert counterpart of FOX) after he menaced to destroy the english language using vocal chord parasites? He also had a cool Metal Gear that the father of Otacon designed, but sadly Liquid (your recessive cloned twin) stole it from us after we captured it. What happened to that Metal Gear we will never know...

>a bloo bloo bloo muh story muh timeline muh nostalgia

fuck off nigger

Switch 4 and 5 and you're golden.

4 was good and had lots of references but had way too many cutscenes.

The question was did they fuck. There is certainly a time period when they were together before and during the patriots.

What I think is, first it was EVA, then Ocelot, then back to EVA and after that he was convinced he couldn't really "love" anyone and turned to the battlefield but both EVA and Ocelot never stopped loving him.

I also believe Ocelot was involved directly with Zanzibar Land

but I can

2=3>1=MG2>V>PW>4>MG1

I respect everybody's preferences because metal gear is so highly subjective but MGS4 is just so bloated with gratuitous fanservice and obvious signs that kojima wanted to bury the series for good

I was really hoping Survive would turn out to be a glorious trainwreck of a debacle but the gameplay from tgs just makes it look depressingly bland. You'd think Konami would at least try to keep us entertained while they bury their integrity.

>The question was did they fuck
and I answered with "no"

You said "it fizzled out" whether they fucked or not, all of Big Boss's relationships fizzled out.

Did Snake know that Kaz had only one arm and leg? Wouldn't that have been a big tell that something was up when Liquid started impersonating him? Or did Kaz get some sweet cybernetics before he was unceremoniously killed off-screen?

no, user, I did not

I said that the relationship would have fizzled out if they had ever fucked

the relationship stayed strong, because as I said, ocelot was driven by mad blueballs, just like how people obsess over a person until they finally get to fuck them

reading comprehension

Venom didn't love Quiet, she was blueballed as well, he got revenge on her, she was made a joke out of, Venom broke her heart and cucked her all in one.

Venom didn't fuck Quiet.

>using the retcon greentext maymay with regards to solid snake
Why would Snake, a patriot tool, ever be given full disclosure on anything?

He can only see his face through the codec I guess.
Also I'm pretty sure Kaz being a cripple is just a retcon

It's this fag again

>Wouldn't that have been a big tell that something was up when Liquid started impersonating him?
How would he know? You can't hear how many limbs a person has.

Even if you take the sunglasses line as meaning he could see his face via codec, it only means he can see what the player could see, which was a literal talking head.

It's not much of a retcon because Kaz's number of limbs was never established or made relevant to anything.

Oh boy is it time for rankings?

>GOD-TIER
Ghost Babel
MGS3 Subsistence
MGS4 Acts 1 and 2
MG Acid 2

>YOU'RE PRETTY GOOD-TIER
MGS2, both vanilla and Substance
MGS1
Ground Zeroes
MG2
MGR

>OKAY-TIER
MGS3 vanilla
Peace Walker
Portable Ops
Twin Snakes
MG1
Snake's Revenge
The Phantom Pain
MGS4 Acts 3-5

>TANK-SHAPED PILE OF SHIT-TIER
Touch
MG Acid
NES MG1

I'd bump MGSV chapter 1 up to Pretty Good and leave MGSV chapter 2 in Okay.

Oh right.

Venom also rejected her.

What was the point of Quiet?

I never got all the fuss about Ghost Babel. It's just a standalone rewrite of MGS1 adapted for GBC. If it needs ranking, I don't see why it'd be outside the same category as MG2 or MGS1.

That's Liquid.

The pose, man.

MAJORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

So that Venom wouldn't care about her.

I fucking loved Skull Face.

I'M MEMEING UUUUUUUUUUUP

venom was a good man who suffered more than anyone deserves

big boss would have shot those children

Venom was a non-character and the only reason you sympathize with him is because you project yourself onto him.

Venom barely suffered in all reality

TWO things that he sacrificed/lost

>having to shoot his soldiers
>having to cope with the death of Paz and blaming himself

venom had plenty of character and the only reason you don't see it is because you have genuine autism and can't infer from actions and expression without explicit vocal aid

Venom had no character at all and anyone who says otherwise is delusional.
In fact, no one in Phantom Pain had any character at all other than Skull Face, and he was a cartoon character.

Also:
>his own identity
>any sense of individuality or autonomy

He's literally the anti-Raiden. He doesn't get to choose his own destiny or legacy, it's determined for him by the man behind the curtain.

venom is big boss' skull face

both men were robbed of their faces and identities, and used by their respective masters as shadow agents to accomplish deeds for which other people were accredited

sounds like you've just got your own personal truth and refuse to see any alternative

Yeah, I came to that realization, too. Too bad the game never does anything interesting with it or does anything with any of the characters in the game at all at any point in the story except for Huey

>the relationship stayed strong

Oh sorry it wasn't clear what you wrote. Regardless, Ocelot makes it clear that Big Boss needs him as his last connection and he fell out of love with the legend. Thing are not too keen between them in that regard.

It's a very complicated mix of emotions.

>both mark official downfall of their respective series.

so many layers, how does kojima do it?

was mgsv your first character study or something

the characters didn't drive the events in tpp as in previous games, the events drove the characters

the payoff was the characters being defined by the shit that happened to them, like kaz's hollow pursuit of revenge persisting after his purpose is gone or venom struggling between having to meet the expectations of his peers, doing what he believes is right and coming to terms with his own vestigial guilt from what remains of his old identity

you seem to be mistaking the game doing things differently for doing things wrong

How can the last game in the series be the downfall?

>the payoff was the characters being defined by the shit that happened to them, like kaz's hollow pursuit of revenge persisting after his purpose is gone or venom struggling between having to meet the expectations of his peers, doing what he believes is right and coming to terms with his own vestigial guilt from what remains of his old identity
Too bad this pay off doesn't actually exist. Stop trying to defend nothing. There is actually nothing there to defend and you are there defending it. You're just saying there's something there to appear smarter than you actually are.

We all know the downfall was mgs3 anyway

literally all you're doing is telling me I'm wrong because you don't like it, user

>A LANGUAGE OF NUKES

That had to be the most hysterical thing he said during the entire speech. I know metal gear solid can be ham-fisted but god damn.

No, you're wrong because you're making shit up that isn't actually in the game. The characters in MGSV are shallow as fuck and Venom is just a silent protagonist/self-insert and this is made very clear and you saying otherwise is just flat out wrong.

How do you say "MGSV sucked" in nuke?

>I'm right and you're wrong
>because I say so

Convincing argument

everything I've said is very clearly in the game, you're just making it clear that you refuse to see anything worth considering because you enjoy your anger

you're not offering anything in response to my points besides "no, you're wrong", so you're not lending yourself any credibility

Little Fat Boy Hirosaki

Miller is my favorite character in all of Metal Gear fuck BB, that was his greatest sin betraying Miller.

You nuke it. Didn't you do the Extract Interpreter (Nukes) side op?

I don't know how you expect me to discredit your bullshit other than saying it just isn't in the game.
Venom never expresses any emotion at all during the game. You see his face very few times throughout the game, and he barely speaks at all during the game, and when he does it's just simple questions and his facial expression is either stern or blank. The entire Jeep ride with spookface where he just stayed silent was a huge missed opportunity to do anything at all with his character and he just ends up staring blankly at skelehead.

Miller just MUH REVENGE the entire game and never stops and that's it. Except when you need to save the kids, because then you need to save the kids or the game would get an AO rating.

Pic related is absolutely true and there's nothing you can do to prove it wrong.

He hurt the only man who would support him despite his fuck ups.

it sounds like you've made up your mind and I can change it as much as you can change mine

I'm sorry you refuse to view the game through anything but the cynical lens you've limited yourself to, but there's no sense in continuing this if all it's going to devolve into is a sequence of "no, you're wrong"s

I'm sorry I can't convince you that MGSV is actually far shallower than you believe it to be. Whatever helps you cope with disappointment is fine, I guess.

He's absolutely right though, MGSVs story was extremely shallow and the idea that it was deep or nuanced in any way is laughable. Venoms character was pretty much not there and anything you've inferred was just your own emotions. He isn't memorable like Big Boss or Solid Snake is, if anything he's a mirror to MGSV itself, devoid of personality and content.

>being so gay for a man that you would fist fight his son

>fuck those helicopters that show up in every single "DESTROY THE ARMORED VEHICLE/TANK UNIT"
You shit m8, 2-6 rockets/Brennan

you shouldn't concern yourself so much with trying to convince other people they don't actually like things

I feel like at this stage we've already established that this boils down to "I disagree" and neither party can conclusively prove the other wrong

It's just annoying to get spotted by them when you're trying to shoot them down. They go down in 2 CGM 25 shots, but fuck it's still annoying and they should just go down in one.

I never grew up or played any metal gear games. Twin Snakes being my first mg game.

>I never grew up
>twin snakes being my first mg game
Sounds about right.

GROUND CONTROL

youtube.com/watch?v=zIkA8d0P6xU

I weep uncontrollably every time I play this on guitar.

God damn Konami for what they have done.
God damn them to the darkest reaches of hell.

Do you think Ocelot jacked off over Big Bossu's comatose body?

It really doesn't. It boils down to you being too stubborn to admit that Venom is just essentially a self-insert silent protagonist largely devoid of any character. There's nothing there to say that he isn't that, and it's very clear by the ending of the game that's all he's supposed to be.

you mean big manlet

Fist fighting him wasn't gay. That kiss was.

He probably cried.

>you will never experience the trailers for the first time again

D
E
L
E
T

T
H
I
S

I've finished playing MGS on the playstation last night im working on playing mgs2. Is Twin Snakes really that hated?

If anything your lack of proper response shows you're either incapable, or too delusional to actually disprove the points conveyed to you.

>He fell for marketing hype
Very good, goy. Very, very good.

I think at this point I would just appreciated MGSV being nothing but trailers. I mean, the game was basically everything in the trailers, but with 50 hours of filler content.

Most games discussed on Cred Forums are dead franchises

it boils down to me genuinely seeing more to it than you do, and you being unwilling to accept alternative interpretations

nobody is disproving anybody here, including you

there's literally nothing but hot opinions being thrown around, what kind of personal investment do you have in this that you need to convince someone they're wrong for not sharing your personal view

you really should just let it go

WE MUST HAVE DIED ALONE.

I've began to unironically love Skull Face

He's like Volgin but hams it up even more

STANDING

>alternative interpretations
You haven't introduced anything, so you can't even claim you've given that.

Now it just boils down to you saying
>2deep4u

Venom is a non-character and you saying otherwise is just flat out wrong and basically boils down to you projecting your own ideas onto him because he's an almost completely blank slate.

I'm with you.

It's kind of jarring how hammy he is in game while being sinister as fuck in the tapes, but I'm beyond caring. One is hilariously cheesy and the other is enjoyably dramatic, that's all I need.

Remenber Alamo

He's actually the most entertaining non-gameplay part of both GZ and TPP.
Too bad he doesn't get more screen time because he deserved it.

All of the fun missions are in Africa outside of OKB Zero

except I already did and it was dismissed with a simple "no, you're wrong"

and you're just repeating yourself by using the exact same argument of "you're wrong because I say you are"

I feel like you're being triggered by me simply daring to have a different opinion

this is going literally nowhere, it's clear you've got more of a problem with my opinion than I have with yours so let's call this a day

What else do you want me to say other than you're wrong? Because you are wrong. Venom's character IS nothing and you saying otherwise is just pure delusion.

>daring to have a different opinion
Except your opinon is basically "no you're wrong because I say so." At least have some sort of point like your betters

The Demon Snake thing is pretty lame. I thought it would be more "covered-in-blood"-y than it actually is.

>your argument is "you're wrong because I say so"
>no YOUR argument is "you're wrong because I say so"
do you not see my point about this going nowhere

we finished several posts ago, here we stop

Except points have actually been brought up here here and

No. I just see you being too afraid to admit you're wrong and too delusional to think a nothing character is actually nothing when the game makes it very clear he is only a self-insert character and nothing more

Pitch Dark is a great mission, as is anything involving Nova Braga. Africa had way more going for it than Afghanistan, although I did enjoy fucking with russians more than afrikaaners.

Even the conversations you can overhear in Africa are better, though. So many conversations talking about Big Boss operating in the area.

Underrated post

Moments of pure indulgent villain grandstanding spectacle like this are what I come to Metal Gear Solid for.

Phantom Pain is pretty light on that stuff for the sake of pushing the MUH ARM, MUH MEN, MUH REVENGEANCE narrative but I appreciated Skullface's final hammy moments.

Hellbound is literally the best mission in the game and it's in Afghanistan

It's only hated by people who are delusional enough to think MGS1 had a serious and dramatic story. The series has always, always been about camp.

>MGS1 had a serious and dramatic story
I don't believe anyone believes that. MGS1 is campy as fuck, hell the ending with Otacon and Snake is the highlight point.

>Yfw that conversation about two Big Bosses

It's amazing that people think that when the game starts with Snake finding out about his evil twin brother

Aw shit, I never heard that one.

I remember hearing the ones about "the man with the horn" and "the one eyed man", and the one where they're discussing the rumour of Big Boss being back in the field, but that one is new.

Barely anybody on Cred Forums has played it, they just bitch about what they've seen on youtube.
Oddly enough i own it, havent played it because i dont own a gc and my brother sold his wii.
The soundtrack is objectively worse though.

>Barely anybody on Cred Forums has played it, they just bitch about what they've seen on youtube
Speaking as someone who's played it, playing it makes very little difference. Anything that can be taken as a problem with Twin Snakes is just as apparent via youtube as it is first-hand.

>self-insert character
>has own opinions, traumas and desires, most of which go against the real Big Boss's

okay, user

tried to make it a bit better

Stay clear of that hot mess, user. Defending MGSV is a health hazard around these parts.

You can say all you want that he's not, but that's what he is at the end of the day, not to mention you didn't even give examples, so I'll just give one to you.
The only thing that gives him any bit of character is the thing with Paz, but there's nothing else in the game that gives him any hint of character and in the end he's just used as an avatar for the player for Kojimbo to say "THANK YOU FOR PLAYING MY GAMES. THE REAL BIG BOSS WAS INSIDE YOU ALL ALONG" and that's it.

>Finally get to that mission
>SUCH A LUST
>WHOOOOOOOOO

the memes were warranted and it all makes sense now. His only good line in the game was when he's barking "This pirate crackdown is a go!" at his XOF team during Ground Zeroes

>in the end he's just used as an avatar for the player for Kojimbo to say "THANK YOU FOR PLAYING MY GAMES. THE REAL BIG BOSS WAS INSIDE YOU ALL ALONG"
But the entire twist is portrayed as something that isn't remotely positive at all. Why would Kojima thank the player by crowning them Big Boss via a character who was unwillingly forced into the role at the cost of his own identity? How did you get that from the ending?

not the user you're replying to but wow guy you might actually be on the spectrum if thats what you think

He has a lot of great lines in TPP, but they're unfortunately relegated to the audio tapes.

Highlights include "when I ring this bell, the man outside the door kills one of your people" and the secret conversation with Zero. It's just kind of grating how he sounds exactly as menacing as his GZ appearance when he only shows up in voice, but out-hams Volgin when you see him in person.

>you didn't even give examples

youtube.com/watch?v=USA4so-tnuI

>Some day the world will no longer need us, no need for the gun or the hand to pull the trigger. I have to drag out this demon inside me and build a better future.

Tell me it's Big Boss saying this

Skullface needed more screen time.

you did a great job user

>tfw huey did nothing wrong

10/fucking10

who is homer supposed to be tho

I gave him the zero cap, but it's 1 am where I live so I was too tired to fit in the suit

True.
But the point is Cred Forums constantly bitches about things they havent played.

After playing it again, I feel like this may actually be true.

>The truth serum isn't working. Either some procedure he had done boosted his metabolic enzymes... Or he's undergone special gene therapy.
OR HE WAS TELLING THE TRUTH ALL ALONG

Miller is so desperate to pin it on someone he's making wild logic leaps just to justify Huey for the position.

I wanted to replay MGSV and I tried looking past all the disappointment, but I really can't.

It sucks because it was really fun and I loved it until I found out there was no ending. That alone just completely ruined EVERYTHING for me, and I can't shake off the sour taste in my mouth that it left when I play it again.

MGO was alright when it was alive though

I don't know the Vulcan Raven parts were cool.
I wonder how genetic it's is for ocelot to love bb since his mom did too.

While true, it doesn't really stand as much of a counterpoint if you don't actually need to have played it to see the problems. The fact its problems are so evident without needing to play it is something that may actually deter a lot of people from actually doing so.

Don't force it, user. I was in the same position as you for a long time, but eventually the mood just took me to dedicate myself to a second playthrough and I found myself appreciating it in whole new ways.

The disappointment will wind down in time. Just let it happen naturally instead of forcing it.

I'll try man, but the disappointment lingers every time I see anything related to the game

Maybe my expectations were set too high, but after seeing those trailers, how could they not be?

reminder to install infinite heaven if you want to have a decent free roam experience as well as better game settings for missions.

Also install S++ soldier mod if you don't want to deal with fobs.

Trust me, man. I bought into the hype as much as everyone else. I followed the trailers, gameplay footage and the tiniest news releases religiously, and I was hit by the disappointment like a truck on release as well. Eventually, though, if you allow yourself to stop clinging to what the game isn't, you'll begin to appreciate things about it for what they are. If it's going to happen, it'll happen naturally in time.

And if not, you know what? That's fine. You gave it a chance. You weren't obnoxious about it, it just wasn't what you wanted and you're as entitled to your dislike of it as much as others are to their liking of it.

One thing that helped my enjoyment of it the second time around was self-imposing restrictions and challenges. All lethal weapons and distraction support weapons like smoke grenades, decoys and magazines. There's a wealth of gameplay variety to be had if you move away from the comfort of tranq weapons.

The story is something you'll either grow to appreciate or always hate, though.

It would be good if it had mods

>could still talk about old Metal Gear games
>could still talk about Zone of the Enders
>could still play Peace Walker through official means or emulation
>could set up lobbies for MGO and MGO2 through PCSX2 or modded PS3s
>could set up a lobby for MGO3 so it wouldn't be dead
>could actually go through with the OFOB project and disarm all the nukes
>could survive a mild disappointment compared to the shitfest they lived through with MGS4
>instead /mgg/ posts Venom x Quiet memes and goes "MGSV hurt me a bloo bloo bloo" until the general dies and they have to post threads on Cred Forums

People deserved the franchise's death

>could set up lobbies for MGO and MGO2 through PCSX2
Oh fuck thanks user

played a bit of mgsv. was kind of cool but i got bored after an hour or two. just didn't see where it would go, like what would the game do to keep me hooked when i didn't give a shit about the terrible fucking story or the poorly written characters? and most of the 'levels' were just boring desert outposts. yeah i'm glad i dropped it when i did.

Once the wound of MGSV heals enough for people to be able to discuss it with civility, we'll return to the old days. I'm completely with you on
>could survive a mild disappointment compared to the shitfest they lived through with MGS4
though, MGSV is so fucking inoffensive compared to a game that was literally so unwanted that Kojima himself wrote it as a desperate plea of "Please let me stop making these games".

The more time that passes, the more I'm grateful we didn't get the Nuclear Downfall of Big Boss like we initially expected. If that's what we'd actually got, it would have been MGS4-tier fanservice redux. We didn't need that first time around, let alone a repeat.

I typed this up in the MGS4 thread right as it was deleted, and I don't want it to go to waste so I'm reposting it here

>Metal Gear Solid 4 is a fascinating portrayal of a self-loathing creator having a creative breakdown after being forced to sacrifice his vision and pander to his idiot fanbase that he's long since grown to despise. The story and themes are brilliant; Snake continuing on his mission even though he should have given up a long time ago, the pointlessness and self-perpetuating nature of war, and those who followed in the Boss' footsteps misunderstanding her will are brilliant depictions of Kojima's crisis at the time. In a last ditch effort to get the fans to GIVE UP and LET IT GO he literally brings Big Boss back from the grave to tell them to move the fuck on. It's brilliant.

>As a game, though? It fucking sucks. You hardly get to play the damn thing, and even the "good" parts like Act 1 and 2 are only about as long as the first mission of MGSV.

cool

>could set up a lobby for MGO3 so it wouldn't be dead
Yeah but mgo3'd have to be good first.
I mean I'd be up for a CQC only game right now but I know someone's gonna join with cqc2/demo2 and start shooting.

Fucking A.

Not to mention that the Beauty and the Beast unit are a perfect metaphor for the game itself, being soulless amalgamations of elements from previous games with irrelevant, hastily applied stories that are dictated to you at great length with no meaningful impact.

As a game, it's bad. It's so bad. But Kojima knew exactly what he was doing with it, and thematically, it's a fucking masterpiece. It's dry, it's bleak, it induces misery and despair just to behold it. It's a holocaust memorial in video game form.

The problem is that in the first months, nobody really learned the game. Months later, it's dead, but the people still playing it know how to properly weave the fast moving run and gun elements people hated into stealth based on movement and deception. I played a game just a week ago and everyone properly played well both into their class archetypes and the overall stealth element of the game. MGO has shown for 11 years to nail the gameplay of the series without focusing on CQC Only, and MGO3 played by people who actually know how to play continues the tradition.

What platform?
This is important because of how fluctuating the playerbases are on each platform.
On PC_ at least survival is a ghost town and select match is usually empty besides one full game.

On PC there's usually one decently full Bounty Hunter game and the last time I played, the people still running the game were damn good.

I am deeply annoyed that Disarmament has still not been achieved on any of the platforms.

ON THE EDGE

There's a fucking cult of people who stay awake 24/7 watching their nukes.
It also doesn't help that PC is full of hackers still.

lol how are people this autistic about MGS4

MGS4 is pretty cheesy but if you love the characters it's a pretty fun ride and a fitting ending

What was skull faces grand plan anyways?

So he wanted to wipe out the english language because Zero used it to control the world, but where does the nuke launching gundam fit in?

PC has 0 hope and you're right about the "cult". They collaborate with each other so that as soon as their barricades are up they invade each other and do some damage to their FOB so that they can have another week long barricade and be perfectly safe the whole time. I remember when the 360 was down to 23 nukes and it just couldn't be budged. It's purposefully designed to never end and that sucks hard. The nuke menu doesn't even work half the time and it's impossible to tell if that's because all of the nuke hoarders are on lockdown or the system is just shit it's both.

In a way I suppose it's cool that the ending is blocked off by the players but I just can't commit any more time to something that can't be achieved. I feel let down because I can't really contribute to the finale of my favorite series.

>mgsv's FOB system is an isolated microcosm of the real world nuclear arms situation
>disarmament is a globally strived-for objective with no end in sight
>there are people constantly maintaining their supply and PC rogue elements manufacturing more nukes than anyone can realistically manage
what hath kojima wrought

Thought he was eating a big veggie wrap from the thumbnail

Don't forget the part where if you kill a single guard.
The nuke holder gets immunity for long enough to build another nuke.
If I didn't know any better I'd say you're in this game of Jade Forest right now.

>Don't forget the part where if you kill a single guard.

Not only that people worked out that if you place mines next to security cameras on choke points that are IMPOSSIBLE to avoid you will not be able to get through that FOB without putting them on lock down because destroying a camera will do so.

These same FOBs are also loaded with max rank guards that will shred you to pieces if you aren't wearing max rank battle armor and using max rank weapons. It's nuts.

his plan was more about arming every country with nuclear weapons, which he was able to control with the archaea, while at the same time destabilizing most major powers by killing everyone who spoke english. I assume he wanted to end major conflict and globalization and leave the world in a constant cold war where none of the nukes could really cause any damage, and his metal gear would serve as a threat to force every country to purchase nukes.

>gives the players a chance to work together and achieve peace, even if it's artificial
>a group of players creates a system around their limited environment so that peace will never be a reality

sometimes I think this is what he meant when he said he wanted to try something that was only possible through video games.

3 > 2 > V > 1 > PW > 4 > MG2 > MG1

I thought people found out a way past the barrier of mines and cams which was claimed to be unbeatable.
I'd post a video of how to beat it but I can't remember the exact term for the setup.

They might have, or Konami might have patched it, but I wouldn't know. I stopped playing entirely around that time and gave up in defeat. There was no sign of Konami doing anything to help us out, the nuke finder never found anything, and worst of I was on PC so there was 0 progress to be made anyway. Maybe with the release of the definitive edition they might expedite the end of the disarmament event by shutting off the barricades but I doubt it. At this point I feel the only way it'll ever happen is if they shut the servers down and end it that way.

Well yeah, if it was an even scale it'd be out of 2 or 4 or 6 or something

holy fucking shit you caught me right off my guard

3/3, top laffs

Well nevermind.
I'm dead wrong.
There's a new blockade now with the camera inside the railing which doesn't have a method yet.

>Skull Face died on the way back to his planet

Is online still run and gun to win? Is it still alive on xbone? I want to sneak around with my brother in vs because xbox one family share

I've still yet to beat MGSV.

How far did you get?

How did you feel about it so far?

I've been re watching the MGS5 trailers.

It still hurts.

I wonder if Kojima knew the game would never be finished by the Nuclear trailer.

You can be pretty sure Konami began their crusade of horrendous work conditions pretty early on.

Simpsons did it

Excellent taste.

Here's mine.
3>1>2>MGR>GB>GZ>MG2>4>V>PO>TS>PW>MG1

Quiet has nice Hair

Literally the End of Evangelion of video games, except that movie was a masterpiece on all levels. MGS4 fails as a game but contextually its brilliant.

>current year
>using lethal force

It was for one of the weekly challenges. It's really fuckin hard to do non-lethal on some of the subsistence missions, especially for the challenges.

Didn't expect to blow one of my enemies into half a body though.

No chapter 3

no buy for me

It's in the game. You can blame nuke boys for never getting to play it though.

> guy who posts the same screenies each mg thread

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/BxgDcpyk6NZwUJO96X9B3w/

Oh yeah? Where is it, then?

Lets get real
The Boss should have shot those nigglets
would have solved a lot of problems!

HI I'M THE BOSS AND I RUINED THE MGS STORY

>implying it doesn't
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSKlVTXYh6F_fmq0u9UmN2XTnfdfcHKJF

It was there, I know it, you posted it before, don't have even try to deny it.

I enjoyed the gameplay that much I'm actually hype for mg survive

I personally liked the boss, but felt that the whole 'fulfilling the boss' will' thing should have been the private internal conflict that led big boss to create outer heaven

When it seems that everyone else in the series also wants to fulfill her vision of the future it kind of waters down big boss' motivation

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1475394013511.webm

Where is it now then? You know what, I should post it in every thread just because of your dumb comment.

"The Boss' will" and how Big Boss and Zero both misunderstood her is just a reflection of how no one understood what Kojima was going for with MGS2.

Nothing in Metal Gear exists for its own sake, everything is a reflection of a real-world concept or a theme Kojima wants to impart on the player.

>Infinite Heaven lets you change uniforms of your MB staff to virtually anything
>Can't make them GRU

I know it's probably because they only exist in the cutscene, but fuck, that uniform looks great.

I was hoping MGSV would be about Big Boss finally stepping over the line, becoming a bad guy an alienating his former allies, such as Miller. I wanted him to be killing kids and shit, slowly becoming dishevelled and his morals twisting. "We can't bring kids to mother base, but they'll suffer in this mine, so I better just kill them out of mercy". That sort of thinking is what I thought we'd be dealing with in MGSV. Unsavoury subjects and tough decisions and visuals.
Instead he had literally no character development, and it turned out he wasn't even in the fucking game.

>a bloo bloo bloo why wasn't it Metal Gear Solid V: Revenge of the Sith
>whaaaaa why didn't big boss kill younglings and kick puppies

>I was hoping MGSV would be about Big Boss finally stepping over the line, becoming a bad guy an alienating his former allies, such as Miller.
This is exactly what he did. You're just playing as the result of it rather than the occurrence itself.

MGSV is still a strongly thematic and philosophical game, and it's all the better for not being MGS4 Fanservice: Big Boss Edition.

Kojima literally said that in this game we'd see Big Boss become the villain.
He never fucking became a villain. He sat in a coma, then left for no fucking reason to make his Outer Heaven. We're offered no insight into why he decides to be evil in Metal Gear, and no explanation of why the fuck he did anything that he did.
Even fucking Venom doesn't become a villain, he's undeniably a good guy all the way through.

>exactly what he did.
This

But only to Quiet, at least Venom did that.

You don't think what Big Boss did to Kaz, Venom, and all those soldiers he abandoned made him a villain?

Haha dude you're so blind, did you pay no attention to the story at all?

Big Boss became the villain because he used Venom Snake EXACTLY like Zero used Jack! lol such kino, I guess I don't expect someone like you to understand :^)

It made him a confusing, motivation-less dick, but being rude to your friends isn't villainous.
What lead to Big Boss training child soldiers in MG? Where's the explanation of that? One day he just fucking decided to try it out?
If MGSV actually showed us what was going on with Big Boss, actually showed his descent into villany then maybe we'd fucking care.

>meme quote from game
>part of it spoilered and switched to game name
>13 year old boys find this funny and clever
reminder that Cred Forums has no standards

>but being rude to your friends isn't villainous

youtube.com/watch?v=Kie5hwjouNo

Big Boss was the only person in the world that Kaz trusted, and he betrayed that. Plus all the jap only tapes.

You're the kind of faggot who would have complained about Raiden in MGS2 if you weren't underage and were old enough to have played MGS2 in 2001.

ooooh no but now that the Cred Forums hivemind and superbunnyhop and matthematosis have explained the twist to you it's so le epic and smart and meta xD

>betraying a friend makes you a villain

You're trying way too fucking hard, mate. Be more subtle with your bait.

lmao all im getting out of you is

>wahhhh the game wasn't what I wanted so im gonna complain online

Big boss is evil in all of the games man it's kino

Everything we NEEDED to know about Big Boss' fall was explained in MGS3.

I bet you're the kind of idiot who's enjoyment of Star Wars was really enhanced by discovering that it was, indeed, hot lava that made Anakin Skywalker into Darth Vader

I know you probably don't have any friends but yes doing something like that to one of your close friends and all of your soldiers would make you an asshole.

COPULATE

>everything we NEEDED to know about Big Boss's fall was explained in MGS3
Obviously not since Kojima felt the need to make two more fucking Big Boss games. Although you may have a point because PW and MGSV offer literally zero character development for Big Boss.

And asshole is not a villain.
His friends may hate him, but he's not evil for lying to his friends. A person is evil when they train child soldiers, try to take over the world etc. So we're supposed to believe that Big Boss just woke up one day and decided to become evil because none of the games actually offer and reason for him to turn evil.

>And asshole is

Argument lost :^)

Big Boss left the CIA after they used his mentor and the only person he ever loved as a disposable decoy.

He created MSF as a response to that, a nation built by soldiers, for soldiers, where they would fight for their own reasons and not for the agendas of others

in MGSV, Big Boss creates a messiah in his own image to rebuild the legend of Big Boss while he hides in the shadows and lets Venom do his dirty work for him. Venom becomes a better Big Boss than Big Boss himself, and then BB sends him to die in Outer Heaven when it was convenient for the sake of furthering his own plans, which is exactly what he said he wouldn't do when he formed MSF

it's a more subtle fall from grace than your full retard hurr durr he shoulda killed younglings durrrr

>Big Boss creates a messiah in his own image to rebuild the legend of Big Boss while he hides in the shadows
Yes, but WHY? None of that is explained.

>betraying his friends is what lead to him becoming a villain
Yeah, betraying friends is on the same level as child soldiers and terrorism.
You fucking idiot.

VOCALCORDPARASITESVOCALCORDPARASITESVOCALCORDPARASITESVOCALCORDPARASITESVOCALCORDPARASITESVOCALCORDPARASITESVOCALCORDPARASITESVOCALCORDPARASITESVOCALCORDPARASITESVOCALCORDPARASITESVOCALCORDPARASITESVOCALCORDPARASITESVOCALCORDPARASITESVOCALCORDPARASITESVOCALCORDPARASITESVOCALCORDPARASITESVOCALCORDPARASITESVOCALCORDPARASITESVOCALCORDPARASITESVOCALCORDPARASITESVOCALCORDPARASITESVOCALCORDPARASITESVOCALCORDPARASITESVOCALCORDPARASITESVOCALCORDPARASITES

fuck this shit. other than that, i loved mgsv

>None of that is explained

oh yeah, you're one of THOSE people who needs things literally explained to you through exposition or it doesn't count. It's okay, you're clinically retarded, you just need to accept it.

Did you miss the fucking part where MSF was blown to smithereens? Big Boss needed to operate in the shadows to create his military nation, but at the same time, he couldn't just disappear from the world stage entirely or else his legend would disappear. Venom was the way to do that.

>Yeah, betraying friends is on the same level as child soldiers and terrorism.

It's a betrayal of everything the character was supposed to stand for.

but you don't think a character can be a bad guy unless he's a juvenile edgemaster who shoots kids and rapes puppies, because you wanted MGSV to be Revenge of the Sith

I'd put Peace Walker higher than okay tier. Otherwise, pretty good list.

MG1 Nes is flawed and glitchy

But it has a better palette and soundtrack than the MSX version. It has it's own charm.

>haven't logged in a week
>researches are probably finished
>anxiety that I've missed out on free Konami Shekels and that some random chucklefuck has invaded me AGAIN and stole my dudes
>reminded that I should be grinding the anti-fun Skullz event fight for S+++++ guys
>mfw the game is just making me miserable even when I'm not playing it

You missed out on grinding the Skull event 600+ times to get this.

It's still a very boring, white-collar villany.

It's mgo even alive on console or pc? Thinking about getting this game

Tfw will never walk out of the house wearing

>replica chicken hat
>kaz gear
>man who sold the world jacket
>dd logo shirt
>rhodesia tactical shorts
>replica puma sneaking suit boots
>seiko mgsv limited watch
>talking to dad on my iphone in idroid case

hold me bros bros................ I'm still in shock they didn't immediately start working on a sequel, or at least a remake of MG1 and 2.

I'm just imagining a giant military headquarters, all open world and functioning patrols, cargo runs, training, stocking, recreation, etc for snake to infiltrate.

and then for MG2 they would really up the stakes and make it like a detective, almost deus ex like, giant state, hinter land and various urban locations where you gotta hunt down big boss.

no I didn't play that 2d shit

Metal Gear Survive.

DUDE
VOCAL CHORD PARASITES
LMAO

DUDE
MEMES
LMAO
CODE TALKER
LMAO
OLD MAN VOICE
DUDE

I just wish there was some replay ability in the game, like after you beat it once there isn't any reason to replay it. Also why did they make quiets face look pretty ugly?

>tfw still get water in my eyes at Kiefer's "NOOO" during the final paz scene
Why didn't they just let him voice his fucking character more.

Yeah the whole language as a theme was neat but it could've gone more spooky and less sci fi

Careful with that Cred Forums vocal parasite

>Also why did they make quiets face look pretty ugly?

it's on purpose believe it or not.

・・・

Beta uprising begins now

PEACE!

youtube.com/watch?v=84VGolv81-Q
Are you ready for Initial-DD?

>Obviously not since Kojima felt the need to make two more fucking Big Boss games.
You are delusional as fuck if you think he really wanted to make them. I'm pretty sure he couldn't be more happy to finally be rid of MGS and Konami forcing him to do more MGS.
He did the best he could to please the fans of MGS but just had to do one asspull after the other because the series just went on for far too long and things that were never meant to be explained eventually had to be explained.

Got something to show me, Snake?

Fear and love are the deepest of human emotions