Defend this, Valvedrones

Defend this, Valvedrones
youtube.com/watch?v=Pt-Bf1tQcPQ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CtnbNy0W-1c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wish I was as good as that crow guy on youtube.

>Defend this, Valvedrones
not even them will do

Oh look, a Crowbcat ripoff!

Cred Forums Pass user since October 2016.

I understand everyone's complaints but as someone who's been using the controller for different games for over a month I'm pretty happy with it.

literally no one defends this.

once again some faggot on Cred Forums thinks he can design hardware/software better than literal professionals

also, nice meme video I had a good kek

>weeb youtube image

stopped watching there

Mweh didnt expect anything of it since its reveal.
I will have to use my DS3/DS4/X360 controllers :(

test

This, Steven universe/gravity falls/undertale or get out -_-

better than the duke

How did that fat fuck get so popular? He's disgusting to look at and listen to.

looks good to me

the steam controller is manufactured in a cool way but honestly it fucking sucks

I returned it after a week

I'll wait for the second version. No one ever gets controllers right the first time.

if you can't claw a controller then it is garbage.

It's been the best purchase desu. Its a niche controller that does shit the xbox360 controller or any other standard cont would never be able to do. It's the best couch mouse in the world. I'm wrote this post using the controller.

>Tfw scrolling through 4 chan faster than an actual mouse because of the touch pad

I know several people who try to shill this piece of trash. Sure the touchpad is neat and fills a niche, but if you think this is an overall well made controller then you probably don't play many different games.

I like mine.

It's not perfect but it works for emulation, which is what I got it for.

If you're willing to fuck around with the settings you can make it work for you.

>emulation
>not using a copy of original console controller

It's a niche item for a niche userbase.
Don't expect it to work like other controllers because it won't. There's some things it's good for and some things it isn't. It's that simple.

Those face buttons were fucking hell on my thumb.

>literally who posts a video about a literally what

Lots of the complaints are just people bitching that its not exactly like an Xbox pad. I like mine sure it took some getting used to but at one point we had to get used to the the PS1's dualshock gamepad which has basically been the standard reference design for gamepads now for far too long.

My main complaint is still I wish they had stuck to their guns and not included the analog stick and had included the second button cluster or a proper d-pad and then worked to improve the analog d-pad experience on the left trackpad.

I like it and I think it's fun to use, and there's a few games it feels very nice with, but I'll still call it a failure.

The idea of it was that you could use it to play any game on Steam. It fails miserably in that regard. Many games refuse to even recognize it, and the touchpads are simply not a good control scheme for many others.

It's also too fucking big and the face buttons are too fucking small. The shoulder 'bumper' buttons are way too big and can be a pain to reach your fingers onto when they're normally resting on the triggers. The clicky buttons on the back are a nice idea but they make a loud annoying noise and they don't feel like a button, they feel like you're trying to break it.

That said I still like to use it for emulators and shit like turn based strategy games.

That's some terrible attempt to copy crowbcat. Fag literally just searched for Steam Controller reviews, found some that were negative, got a handful of them, and then proceeded to randomly splice them together. Not to mention it's almost a fucking year late.

I don't own one and Valve can go fuck themselves, but this is pure autism.

>and then worked to improve the analog d-pad experience on the left trackpad.
This is probably its biggest failing. It has no proper dpad and the left trackpad is NOT a replacement for one by any measure.

With the update that added the cross gate emulation and playing around with the dead zone setting I've gotten pretty good at using it as a d-pad.

>ever thinking it would be good

the handles are backwards for fucks sake

>Cred Forums Pass user since October 2016.

watt

How many of those people in that video were just giving their first impressions?

The controller was designed for PC players to play on the couch without a keyboard and mouse. It does this exceptionally well.

I used it for 7 hours straight in a gaming session once, and I was extremely satisfied with the functionality it provides for PC games and comfy af.

I doubt any of the reviews in that video have used the controller for more than 10 hours. I've used it for Rocket League, GRAV, Bloodrayne (the original), Mad Max, and a slew of indie titles. I'm satisfied with what I was getting because I knew exactly what it was meant for. I feel most of the criticism comes from a "but the xbox 360 controller is better for controller-based games", which I never needed a controller to replace the 360 controller, I just needed one that had keyboard functionality (xpadder is absolute cancer for using with multiple games, and even then it doesn't have a virtual keyboard).

You have a problem with that?

Cred Forums Pass user since October 2016.

sauce?

Cred Forums Pass user since August 2015.

Steam Controller is niche, but it does things exceptionally well you would have a harder time doing on other controllers. For example, you can use Steam to take a community-made layout and edit it for games that never supported controllers on PC. Games like STALKER, MW2 or even The Witcher are now playable from the couch using a haptic pad that is far more accurate than a joystick.

You can try to use it as a one-size-fits-all solution, but thats kind of retarded seeing how people swap input methods for games like FPS or third-person CUHRAZEE brawlers. SC is no different, does exactly what it promises and is constantly updated.

counterpoint
youtube.com/watch?v=CtnbNy0W-1c