ITT: Japanese games you want to get localized in English and/or succeed in America

ITT: Japanese games you want to get localized in English and/or succeed in America

Bony Spirits and Fleshy Souls must be the make or break game that'll decide the fate of the series here in America

>tfw we'll never get the to the third game, Yo-Kai Watch: 'Murrica or Yo-Kai Busters or Yo-Kai Sangokushi if YW2 bombs/underperforms
>tfw we'll never get USApyon if YW2 bombs here in the States
I hope Hino-san lets Level 5 do the English versions of future games in house (like how the Yakuza games get localized) in case it does bomb.

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/software/3ds.html
youtube.com/watch?v=JtKYn45tEXE
youtube.com/watch?v=GuwX2B1XrUU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's the fun of a mon clone if they're just going to literally copy and paste the mascot 50 times over?

I will buy an Xbone if they make this game reasonable to obtain

SE would have to remaster it from the ground up and even then, exclusivity would be expired by then and will be on PSN as well.

Level 5 DOES do their localizations in house, they just need Nintendo to publish their stuff in the west.

The first Yo-Kai watch was so subpar it was disgusting.

>super short and ended really suddenly
>barely any side/post-game content
>characters were barely characters
>if you picked the boy, you didn't even do any requests for the girl, and vice versa
>finding rare yo-kai was a massive pain in the dick
>catching yo-kai was a massive pain in the dick
>there was barely a plot and most shit wasn't ever really even explained
>yo-kai designs were mostly ugly/lame

Why was it praised so much?

It was a huge case of wasted potential. I'm willing to give it one more try with Boney Spirits, but if the stench of mediocrity is still there, series is dropped.

I don't understand what is it to like about Yokai watch.
the game play itself, and there's like 10 or 20 versions of this dog and cat, what the fuck?

it's literally for toddlers

pokemon was always for kids but this is literally for toddlers

the "gameplay" is evident of that

The comfy as fuck story and atmosphere.

Also cute as fuck yo-kai.

>""Pokemon killer""
lol

it already made Pokemon its bitch in Japan.

So yeah, technically a Pokemon killer.

Speaking of which wasnt inazuma eleven 2 supposed to come stateside back in January? What ever happened to that?

>story
>"Hi, I'm a Yo-Kai, these are Yo-Kai. Oh, some bad Yo-Kai are showing up when they shouldn't, let's stop them. Just do some fetch quests for this old guy first. And here's a fox and a dragon kid for no real reason. Oh hey, remember that one friend you never heard of before, who was only ever in one of the tag games? He's suddenly important now."

Literally 100% of the """""story""""" in the first game.

>yokai watch
>a game
it's watching something play out before you, not a game

This, it doesn't even have gameplay going for it, and the story follows the anime so you might as-well watch the 5/10 anime instead of the game if that's your thing.

I have this with a lot of monster games though, in fact I think pretty much all of them reskin monsters, sadly.

The only thing Yokai Watch beats Pokemon in is the TCG
Yugioh beats the fuck out of both of them as well.

just pirate it, soccer isn't popular in murrica. Surprised they even sell it over there.

>pokemon killer
>only in japan

Japan don't matter

>it already made Pokemon its bitch in Japan.

How? Sun/Moon is going to outsell Yo-kai Watch 3 in Japan in 2016, and as near as I can tell, even at the peak of its popularity in 2014, YW never outsold Pokémon games in Japan. Pokémon X/Y is literally the best-selling 3DS game in Japan.

That's just Japan too. Globally you can't even compare them. YW doesn't even appear on this list a single time:

nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/software/3ds.html

It's supposedly coming in 2017, most likely eshop exclusive again.

ITT: amerifat that don't understand the superior japanese comedy

This one really made me think.

>5/10 anime
youtube.com/watch?v=JtKYn45tEXE

it's a definite 7.5/10. Just come in and enjoy the laughs

>Fart humor
>Superior comedy

>shit designs and RNG: the game

Damn, they were pretty nice to the new Metroid game.

>yo-kai watch hasn't caught on with american kids at all, first game flopped hard

>Cred Forums legion of manchildren will pirate it on cfw

why set yourself up for disappointment op? this franchise never should have come to the west in the first place, be happy you got the first two and let go.

I know you're just shitposting, but most people in the west who bought YKW watch anime, and anyone who has seen even a moderate amount of anime is going to catch most of the jap cultural references in it.

It isn't nearly as supr Japanese as people like to claim it is.

And for someone who doesn't know that shit, it would still be an accessible game, because they mostly would just be oblivious to the cultural references.

behold everyone, here some superior japanese culture

it will always be mother 3

Japanese comedies can be funny sometimes.

But some aren't either funny or don't translate well in English.

youtube.com/watch?v=GuwX2B1XrUU

IE: Haruka's comedy duo minigames in Yakuza 5.

This game is too ''''''''''''problematic'''''''''''' for modern Nintendo.

That anime is literally the lowest-rated show on the channel in which it appears (which is already a channel no one watches).

From August:

>Star vs. Forces of Evil: 498,000 viewers
>LEGO Star Wars: 443,000
>Future Worm: 330,000
>Gamer's Guide to Pretty Much Everything: 310,000
>Yo-kai Watch: 256,000

That was its season premiere. It's been downhill ever since (about 0.02 rating/100,000-something viewers). Disney XD will probably pull the plug on it soon enough.

How america can even compete toward this?

OH FUCK ITS WEEGE EVERYONE HIT THE DECK!!!

Why can't game this be mentioned Cred Forums without being shitposted to death?

>implying they wouldn't censor it like they did in earthbound

>samuraiWarriors.jpg

And that was before they got irradiated.

Futari no hakuoro and its prequel desu.

>"Pokemon killer"
>complete flop in the west and a dead fad in nippon
rip in piece Yo-cuck Watch

Pretty much just DQ10. I thought for sure Nintendo wouldn't butt fuck themselves out of an exclusive MMO they could put on Wii U and 3DS.

I no longer doubt how willing Nintendo is to ram fat veiny cock right up their turd cutter. DQ has thestyle, music, and mechanics that would keep me playing for years. Nice fuck up, Reggie.

3 is garbage so don't bother
2 is the last good yw game

GOD
DAMN
IT

This so hard.

The concept of yokai watch sounds like something I would like, but after seeing it there's nothing worth playing it for. I guess environments are nice, but combat and the actual yokai look like shit

>Fart jokes
>Toilet jokes
>Fat jokes

Does the 3rd editionof 2 matter or is it merely some composite cartridge of both earlier 2 versions?

should've bought more copies of the first Ace Attorney Investigations and Layton vs PW my dude

Isn't the only reason why that game isn't coming due to the licensing issues of Sherlock Holmes and Crapcom doesn't want to spare the money?

I don't see what the problem was in that.

I don't support shitty localizations.

I wish Hino would drop the shit and make yokai watch and his other games what its really about.

shotas

Yeah, the second one is a massive improvement that fixed pretty much every issue you have(barring the ugly Yo-Kai, that comes down to personal taste). Like others said, the original was basically a tech demo, the sequel is the actual game.

You thought that comedy routine was hilarious?

They could just change the name and no one would be able to do jack shit because Sherlock Holmes gets parodied all the time.

>IGN

Remember when Pokéfags disregarded them entirely because LOL TOO MUCH WATER?

Hoenn really does have too much water.

I don't believe anyone who would say they enjoyed the massive strong current area.

Think of this, lads. Sonic Boom 2 got better reviews.

Yes.

Just saying it's funny how IGN is relevant solely when it's convenient for shitposters.

Manzai is truly the lowest form of comedy

>Futari no hakuoro

Is that on Vita only? I actually really liked the anime. I'll emulate it if it's on something I can emulate. I'd even be down to scribble down the translation as I go.

Not paying for that shit, tho

For saying that it'll never touch Pokémon's popularity, and that "japan doesn't matter" a lot, Pokefags sure are aggressive when it comes to Yo-Kai Watch.

Isn't Holmes public domain at this point?

>tfw the 6th and final Yakuza game won't come out stateside until 2023

Everything is always about Pokémon to you fags, even when you're responding to people that didn't mention it.

Sorry your shitty franchise isn't that popular in the West.

Still sooner than Ishin.

Conan Doyle Estate Ltd. owns Sherlock Holmes.

You honestly think it isn't? Did you not miss the gigantic shitstorm last year on both Cred Forums and /vp/ because of that one stupid article? Or how YW is the obligatory scapegoat for literally everything about Gen 7 that people don't like?

It frustrates me because I actually like both series, but according to this shithole that's completely impossible.

If you guys wanna talk about fanbase insecurity, look no further than Digifags.

Think of every Digimon thread you've ever seen.

Did a single one of them ever NOT start by mentioning Pokemon?

Because I've never seen one that didn't.

Isn't the sequel the same story, just told slightly different?

Pretty good. Better than women comedians.

TL's when?

Not really. 2 pretty much retcons the events of the first game, so you don't even need to play the first one, just watch a few episodes of the anime to get a good feel of the characters.

2 is all about wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey bullshit. You have to travel back in time and meet your grandfather in order to stop a feudal gang war between ghosts. It's simple, but a much more streamlined story then the original.

How in the actual fuck do you get more streamlined than the plot of 1?

Also, you shouldn't need to watch an anime to get development for characters in a game.

They should actually put it in the games too.

Lazy cash grab bs.

The squeal actually takes place after the first game. They just go the route of having everyone lose their memories at the beginning to explain why the main character doesn't have the yokai they got in the first game.

Persona 5 did that with the Daybreakers special, and people are still gonna suck that cock until the well runs dry like Persona 4

Whoa, that kid in glasses looks hot.

P5 anime didn't have much in the way of character development

1 barely had a story, it was mostly stopping certain Yo-Kai. First game was more of a slice of life, this is an actual adventure.

You don't NEED to watch the anime for the character development, it's an entirely optional thing so you can get used to the world. You can also play the first game, but it hardly matters no matter what you do. Hell, 2 is more like the anime then the original, which is probably why they retconned 1.

Komasan is cute

somehow I don't mind this in DQ Monsters

My teams are exclusively slimes as a rule

>manzai comedy
>hilarious

Or in Shin Mwgami Tensei/Persona

SMT don't have a clones problems like DQM, Yokai watch or Pokemon

The only ones i can think of is there being various versions of jack frost