Freedom planet thread

Hey, Freedom Planet's pretty neat, and it's getting a sequel. What are your thoughts?

store.steampowered.com/app/248310

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1_-EAhlV9c4
dl.humble.com/fp-1-21-4-nodrm-windows.zip?gamekey=M2SayK587eCzYYB6&ttl=1475473147&t=51011cbf4c1fa027fdb076325a2af06d
youtube.com/watch?v=vqNzil8NuY4
youtube.com/watch?v=HeFKs0xalf4
youtube.com/watch?v=G4aNj7uPhxw
youtube.com/watch?v=eVv_8CwNMDo
youtube.com/watch?v=BLmPtPGXgp0
youtube.com/watch?v=vGjJlEZrurE
youtube.com/watch?v=XAfmiTab-wk&ab_channel=Zzzzzx
youtube.com/watch?v=6O1rvq5gqWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=E4QsMNo-bWc
youtube.com/watch?v=Nd5kjzfwX_A
youtube.com/watch?v=M3Li4kgdAlU
youtube.com/watch?v=PtB9zCQ_8GE
youtube.com/watch?v=F6cSfDjRiS8
soundcloud.com/leila-wilson-woofle/freedom-planet-2-dragon-valley
soundcloud.com/leila-wilson-woofle/freedom-planet-2-character-theme-preview
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Here some Win animation from the second game

furry trash

your mom

Hyped as fug, the art improvement is looking real good.

The sequel looks absolutely gorgeous.

Lmao, what's this, furcadia?

Another one

>tripfag

lmao 2cat

>no trip

Never played Freedom Planet but I like that the Devs made a Sonic inspired game under a new IP instead of making "Sonic 5" and then being all butthurt when they got a cease and desist.

AM2R guys should take notes.

Still think she's a little too pale now. Do like the more prominent horns though.

I got needs and sanic just doesn't cut it.

Makes her look more dragon-like for sure. Also I think the new getups are an improvement

>guys
it was only one dude

>promise content to Kickstarter backers
>years roll by
>"guys trust us it's coming!"
>still nothing
>they cancel it despite the fact that they took people's money AND led them along for years
>"we're making a stand alone game.... eventually"
>no release date, just a TBA "whenever it's done"
>meanwhile they waste time and effort on a Wii U port, a PS4 port, and a sequel instead of delivering the product they originally promised (and what backers paid for)

No fucking thanks. Who is to say they won't pull the exact same bullshit with the sequel?

Funny you should post this, I just got done playing the demo for the first time and was debating picking up the actual title.

It's clearly a labor of love, and the crapton of effort the devs/artists put into the tiny details really make it shine. The voice acting, the expressions/emotes during gameplay (the "uh oh" eyes when bumping into walls or the "WHOAH" expression when suddenly slamming on the brakes on the bike), the unique gameplay style and design for each character, etc.

So yeah.

>Never played Freedom Planet but I like that the Devs made a Sonic inspired game under a new IP instead of making "Sonic 5" and then being all butthurt when they got a cease and desist.
Almost what happened. It started out as a Sonic fangame until some people pointed out that if they change the characters designs a little they could make it their own thing.

Jesus. Why are Shantae fags so obnoxious?
You guys used to be cool when all you had was the GB games.

It's ridiculously detailed, but what isn't that much of an exaggeration. Strife definitely over-promised on content and has been very slow on delivery. Only go for it if the game as it is now is good enough for you and take any promises of future content with a grain of salt. Seriously, Torque has been in beta for 10 months now.

>Kickstarter backers

If you're going to buy it, get it from G2A for a few cents. Don't be stupid and pay $15 for a game you can get for all of 75 cents.

so as long as you're not a KS backer its all good just play the game and have fun.

Actually it's worse for non backers. It was only confirmed that backers would get the Torque and Spade "games" for free. Everyone else needs to pay.

freedom planet doesn't feel like an incomplete game so I don't really see how it matters.

Wait, when did the confirmed that?

They offered refunds a few months back to anyone who was fed up with their shit. During the refund period, they said the following:

>Torque/Spade adventure modes are cancelled
>Torque/Space will instead get their own "spin off" games built in a new engine to better accommodate their play styles
>Backers (they specifically mentioned backers) will get these games for free
>zero mention was made of people who purchased the game on Steam or Wii U

The "dlc" is probably never going to come, given that it has been 2 years since the game was released and there's still basically nothing to be seen.

It's weird that they're calling them off though, given that the other characters are already fully playable in the game (accessible through cheat engine).

youtube.com/watch?v=1_-EAhlV9c4

idk i think this game is okay

According to what Strife said, Torque/Spade both have horribly dated sprites, and Space is beyond broken (as shown in that video). Torque on the other hand is an awkward mess to play as.

The other major issue he brought up was that even Carol and Milla play poorly compared to Lilac. He said this was because all the levels were made with Lilac in mind, so the other characters don't quite "fit" in the levels (moreso for Milla and Torque). Supposedly FP2 will fix this, he claims.

This is one of those games I bought with my dick and actually ended up being happy with my purchase.

great game
I don't care much for the fanfic tier story/cutscenes etc but they included a classic mode that skips all that so you can't complain too much

Fuck freedom planet

Based half-genie honeybun gets all my hype

who loves ya Shantypants

TINY
8 BIT
TIDDIES

They are both guilty pleasure waifu bait trash. That doesn't make them bad games but don't pretend you're any better for autistically spamming purple haired genie.

32-bit, dummy. This is 8-bit Shantae.

Good to see she's just as fappable as in the first game.

Is the sequel taking place years after the first game? It looks like they have grown and not just in sprite size.

2 years after, yes.

>implying freedom planet isnt just as good, if not better, than halfshit hero

There's nothing wrong with liking both games

>Implying the newer Shantae games have consistent limits
32-bit my ass. Some of the assets are just drawn and then pixelated. It's lazy.

The main characters were teenagers in the first game and now they're slightly more mature teenagers.

I suspect there is a lot of overlap between the fans of both games.

who has the best paws
my vote is on milla

They're just being faithful to the Sonic series.

I sure hope my indie game doesn't get this much shitposting

but that's part of why I don't post on /agdg/ anymore

I wanna stream Freedom Planet but I doubt people would like to see me play while the stream lags due to satellite internet.
I played with all 3 Girls on Classic back to back and completed within 5 Hours. It was nice.

Milla is my strongest. Carol is my

Weakest

god, why are the levels in this game so FUCKING LONG

She is also the fastest

this game's story might be the worst ive ever experienced

Actually they are pretty short. Shortest is FD3 while the longest is Battle Glacier. 2nd longest is Relic Maze/FD2 and third is a tossup between Trap Hideout and Pangu Lagoon

can they make the character not so cringe this time?

give me five reasons why carol isnt the best character
protip: you cant

I wish Freedom Planet General wasn't dead

She's dependant on her Bike. Without it she is the slowest of all characters,
Most of the stages are NOT catered to her moveset which only limits her climbing ability. Her attacks are slow and limited only plus side is that she has invulnerability kicks.

>No murdercubes
>Can't rocketjump
>No Hairdo
>Doesn't make enough Cat puns
>Probably bought her motorcycle secondhand in a backalley somewhere for less than honorable means

Clearly she's pretty decent

Shes doesn't have a plushie

Sorry but as of late there is no reason why it should exist at this time.

Don't worry, furry planet general will make a great comeback near 2's release.

should have made carol's roll faster or something
that's cute

yoooo

Autism. Pure unbridled Autism. Its not a Freedom Planet game if there is NO LORD ARKTIVUS BREVON.

Game is good. Dialogue is poorly written.

brevon is actually the best character in the game

Does anyone have that picture of Brevon smiling during the torture scene?

...wait, what was the crystal Spade steals in the caverns? I'm pretty sure it wasn't the kindgom stone. That looked completely different. Was it some other theft, unrelated to the main plot?

:)

Nigga whut?

Post above you

This

Levels are about the size of two S3&K acts. They just seem longer because even though there are "acts" in FP, they don't do a score breakdown between them.

GREAT TIER
Brevon
Milla
Mayor *FUCKING +5* Zao
OK Tier
Carol
Serpentine
Magister
Gong
Neera
Prince Dail
Shit Tier
Lilac
Spade
Syntax
Pangu Robot
Torque

I was kind of annoyed that the stages don't save between acts, except for the final stage. It's like they realized not saving at the start of each act was inconvenient at the end, but didn't retroactively fix it for all the other stages.

i dont know about you guys, but i liked the longer stages
also excited for this piece of shit cat

Are there any Sonic games that save between Acts? I remember being pretty annoyed that s3&K didn't do it either.

Freedom Planet 2 isn't due until 2018 so we got time.

Holy sht she got a gun!

new character carol's brother or something like that

guns and bubbles

What triggers me is that clearly she doesn't have claws like her younger sister does.
I wished that the art of FP would make it prominant to feature their claws.

Coroazoa Tea
Carol's older sister and Antagonist's Winggirl
I don't get the gist with the bubbles though. Some kind of meme fanboys made up?

Time for what?

not gonna lie, their claws are really cool and they should definitely use them more
its because of bubbles, my friend. do you not enjoy bubbles?

Best part of the game is the soundtrack, I hope it gets better with the sequel.

>unironically buying, playing and enjoying furshit

Cred Forums Pass user since September 2012.

>implying Cory doesn't file her claws while Carol lets them grow wild

>Cred Forums Pass user since September 2012.
Can I have money too if your going to buy something so useless as an imageboard pass?

that isn't a plushie, it's a doll

source: i know the guy who made the damn thing

If one catgirl is good surely two catgirls is better, right?

I know the guy too.

test

>filing your claws
I guess she just likes being defenseless, huh?

>so much balloon fanart

This is some motherfucker's fetish, isn't it?

She's got a gun and her ferocity still.
Maybe she sees claws as primitive and babyish and a real fighter is someone who can defend themselves using things around them or with just her fists

This game is 15 bucks? I thought it was free on their site?

Why don't you speedrun, Cred Forums? You're good at games, right?

>defenseless

Better than going all the way and getting into inflation I guess.

>Milla (Easy/Casual)

Why balloons though? Why Freedom Planet?

why any of these things

>SuccinctAndPunchy
Always makes me glad to see

milla's base stats are different on easy/casual for some reason

I don't know. Maybe he just really likes balloons.

Why not?

Are claws not apart of fists? Cory should learn to be a bit more adaptable if that's the case, then.

What do you want more (and less) of in future Sonic indie clones?

Now its Free. But not on Steam or their site.
dl.humble.com/fp-1-21-4-nodrm-windows.zip?gamekey=M2SayK587eCzYYB6&ttl=1475473147&t=51011cbf4c1fa027fdb076325a2af06d
Isn't he the dude that got all butthurt that he didn't get his trophy? Want an entitled ass.

>Want an entitled ass.

how entitled of someone to expect to get the thing they were promised

i still have a massive fuckin axe to grind over that

are you saying you dont like furries and balloons user

you quoted me and I just stated how adaptable she probably will be

I do not mind either in isolation but it is the specific combination and density of it that weirds me out, man.

Someone post more of that doggy, I dont know much about this game but that's the most adorable cutie ive seen

Soon
t. Kommandant

>No Hard/Normal Differences for Lilac/Carol
What kind of shitty Leaderboard is this? At least fucking make a board for every difficulty. Jesus H Christ.

it doesn't make any practical difference for Lilac/Carol, it's only Milla who gets seriously affected by lower difficulties.

that and just no-one runs on Hard for lilac/carol because hard is gay

That white Basset hound is named Milla Basset
She loves shiny things. Like Brevon's head and Gems.
She is also an Alchemist. Which is why she can throw cubes of death and fling herself over long distances in short time with her Shield Burst,
Did I mention she can shield? Yep while she has low HP she can reflect bullets fired at her.

Let me guess....DRM-Free rip of Freedom Planet? No thanks I rather get the Steam version. Thanks tho.

>waste time and effort on [ports]
No, neither of those things. The ports were done by a completely different guy.

>balloons
fucking

Why would you want the inferior version?

>not wanting your times on the in-game leaderboard

Slow.

The fanbase is toxic and is full of try hards

its based off of the sonic fanbase--what do ya expect?

lol npan pls go

One man's fetish powers an industry of fanart

>toxic and full of tryhards
my fucking ass it is. if anything, those dumbasses don't try hard enough.

isn't there a Discord that is ran by the official Staff of Galaxy Trail?

I mean, he is /actually/ entitled to the trophy. That's what it means to win something.

It's not ran by official staff, but staff are on it.

>Discord ran by the official staff
haha no, it's occupied by the official staff but is run entirely by one angry man who has an intense love-hate relationship with the fanbase

>straight up shilling the game
lmao
>thoughts
boring, near flash-tier game
only worth it if less than $5
sequel likely to have better foundation but just as bad level design, story, and voices sans Sabat and a couple of people they bought

tell me about it lmao

>not run by official staff
>haha no, it's occupied by the official staff but is run entirely by one angry man who has an intense love-hate relationship with the fanbase
So like.... Its ran by some fanboy of the game?
In the trash it goes

trust me when I say the staff couldn't run their own community for shit and this is a lot better of an arrangement

He promised free DLC for the game, including campaigns for 3 chracters. So far he's only delivered one, and has hinted that Spade and Torque might be DLC you pay for.

level design's fine tho, doesn't have as clear a language as more modern Sonic games but it's better than bullshit like Sonic CD

level design takes practice to understand, you can't just pop level babies out of your mental cervix and expect them to be good. if you look at the game he made prior to Freedom Planet, it's evident that Strife made huge improvements from one game to the next.

no he fucking hates freedom planet, you can ask him yourself

>dissing Seraphna
Thats a low-blow

the level design is fuck, dude.
it's fucking patchwork garbage
maybe they should pay for a better level designer instead of blowing it all on celebrity voice actors
and i dont expect that dunce to make improvements because all you lemmings saying it's fine has locked him into creating more of the same and building onto the already crumbling foundation of a style, or whatever abomination of a conglomeration of styles this game has as a playstyle

if he were smart, or good for that matter, he would ignore the opinions of those that ate up that shit and work on making something actually cohesive and fully enjoyable instead of what is basically mash potatoes.

am i wrong though

I'd like to see 3D adventure clones with the formula tweaked since sonic abandoned it. FP did the smart thing and focused more on combat and other classic game tropes that it became its own thing instead of leaning on Sonic too hard. There barely a handful of games that play play with terrain traversal and level design with a speedster like Sonic.

>maybe they should pay for a better level designer instead of blowing it all on celebrity voice actors
>celebrity voice actors

I strongly suspect you don't know what the word celebrity means.

>it's fucking patchwork garbage
Here's my counterargument of equal worth:

no it's not

Christ, that shows sucks.

>chris sabat and many other big name voice actors hired with the money that was supposed to be used for the stretch goal DLC for the first game
I think it may be you who is confused when I am using celebrity as an adjective, not a noun.
>2 different main characters
>rather than make 2 sets of levels, the levels are just a mishmash to cater to the bottom line of both character's movesets
Yes, it is. Try again.
Proof: the character specific levels are actually good.

>chris sabat and many other big name voice actors
>chris sabat
>big name

a vast majority of the FP voice acting cast are anime dub sorts or totally random people who have never voice acted a thing before. That shit ain't "celebrity" no matter what way a nigga try and slice it.

Strife is a jew
BELIEVE IT

buttloads of cash

>chris sabat
>not a big name in the voice acting industry
The rest of them that they bought aren't nearly as big but they're certainly better than the slag from the first game and they all come with a price tag. Just another misstep from an inexperienced team. Next thing you know they'll have a kikestarter up for 2 as well or have a double digit price tag on the free DLC they owe us.

mr. lange i know you had some incident with strife during the games development that made you hate the game but resorting to shitposting isnt going to help your cause

>Remembers that time when I fooled everyone being Strife before the game official release about what Milla's AquaTunnel is like and the Shields.

Incident? What incident? Something how Strife didn't pay his VA's enough? How tight waddled he was in giving his employees checks?

>Next thing you know they'll have a kikestarter up for 2 as well

They're smug because Mighty No. 9 ended up shit while their game is coming out, and it makes them feel like hot shit.

Wouldn't fucking surprise me.

>That feel when the Record Holder for the Trophy from Indiebox didn't get his trophy and he is still bitching about it til this very day.
Feels great senpai!
>That better feel when Indiebox chose me to get the Trophy instead since I was in second place and I received it
Love it!

running carol is suffering

Aside from the part where it's been said from day 1 there would be no kickstarter for FP2.

post pics faggot

The general only existed in the first place due to some weird spam on Cred Forums when the first game first came out.
The general was kind of shitty.

>next thing you know they'll have a kikestarter up for 2

Except they have

A. Explicitly denied this
B. Already finished all of the voicework and basically anything that costs good money
C. Actually planned their development cycle this time

But 2 was a reward for Kickstarting 1. It wouldn't make sense to Kickstart 2 since its supposed to have already been Kickstarted.

Just like they said there would be free DLC and then it will either not exist or cost money. Oh boy, I should go trust Capcom after they put rootkits in peoples' computers.
They also still owe DLC and blew money on things they didn't need. Time will tell and I can only hope it doesn't happen but don't act surprised if it does. They've already shown themselves to be untrustworthy.

No. He designed the levels for Lilac, sprinkled in some bullshit so Carol wouldn't actually fail to complete stages, then called it a day.

If your argument was "the level design is hot garbage for Carol" then I would agree with you. No levels except Trap Hideout and Final Dreadnought 2 support her moveset particularly well. Lilac, however, plays perfectly acceptably.

>He designed the levels for Lilac
Sure doesn't feel that way for a lot of the game. Maybe that's why it felt so patchy since one was straight up shit and the other was amateur.

what the fuck dude? one, you're namedropping somebody from the game, and two, you're bashing him for no fucking reason. I don't think he's said a cross word about it. I could be wrong, but I think he's too busy doing other shit to bother shitposting about petty bullcrap on Cred Forums, man. I'm guessing you've got some sort of vendetta against lange then to talk shit about someone like that?

You forgot the part where the engine FP1 is built in is so shit it actually falls apart when they try to work in the other characters.

The beta versions we had were already broken as shit and the characters don't even play well in this game.

And what exactly did they blow money on that they didn't need? There isn't a lot of money in it to begin with.

By free, are the devs actually giving it away for free, or is it piracy? I appreciate the link and I'm downloading it regardless but I just want to know if I should feel guilty for doing so.

Piracy, dude. It's a humble DL link.

>mfw this thread

I bought it from Humble Bundle and I aim to share it with folks that have interest in the game. If you play it and wish to buy the copies on Console/PC via steam. Go ahead. If not. I be sure to do the same with Freedom Planet 2 so you can play that as well.

Hiring voice actors. Instead of just not having voice acting and saving money that way while also increasing the quality of the game as a whole because of how awful it was in 1, they decided to pour more money into better voice acting but didn't replace the shitters that made 1's normal mode worse than Bowser. And that's a bad thing because of there not being a lot of money in it to begin with. They should be conserving money and allocating it carefully to making the experience of playing the game better instead of some tertiary shit that doesn't actually affect the gameplay.

Well thanks. If I like it I probably will buy it for myself.

I wish Freedom Planet had the option to replace the voice overs with bleeps and bloops like the classic Zelda games had.

>they dont want a shitty thing in the first game to get better

When will /fpg/ be made again? It seems like with 50 different posters it would be legit thread.
I miss Shroak and his porn of the FP GIrls

>just not having voice acting
Voice acting adds a massive amount of immersion and atmosphere. It can easily be the difference between a shitty mod/indie game that has no value, and something you'd call a "real game".

Not when it can negatively affect important aspects of the game when it could still end up being bad overall and also doesn't actually matter.
He hates this game now so RIP his bad porn.

It felt fine to me.

See, we can do this all day. Your argument consists of a piece of speculation that you've chosen to confirm how you feel about the levels. Most of the levels have a somewhat offbeat but nevertheless reliable rhythm to them - walk, initial jump, enemy, all communicating the general feel of the level, often followed by a pickup in speed, a gimmick here or there, a build in intensity following that, a cool-off, and then another build leading to the miniboss. These levels are pretty clearly paced, and while they consist of some branches that hurt that pacing a bit, I don't see very much of the game's level design as "patchy" (barring certain, late-game stages).

>And what exactly did they blow money on that they didn't need?
voice acting

but itd die after the first thread
and definitely wouldnt be able to live long enough to reach bumplimit

>50 different posters
>implying some of the IPs aren't shitposters who dislike the game
>implying everyone who posted here who does like the game wants to go to /vg/ for any reason

We've had worse.

That's not a bad idea but patching that in at this point would probably end up with Strife breaking something again. Always worth requesting that it be in Freedom Planet 2.

I'm not the biggest fan of some of the voice acting either, but a lot of people are, and a lot of people bought the game because of the perceived extra value from voice acting, it did end up being a net gain rather than a loss.

I can only imagine it getting flooded by butthurt /sthg/ fags

Holy shit why are you the only person to mention the godlike soundtrack?

youtube.com/watch?v=vqNzil8NuY4
youtube.com/watch?v=HeFKs0xalf4
youtube.com/watch?v=G4aNj7uPhxw
youtube.com/watch?v=eVv_8CwNMDo
youtube.com/watch?v=BLmPtPGXgp0
youtube.com/watch?v=vGjJlEZrurE

he's openly taken the piss on freedom planet on Cred Forums before

not my fault he let himself be known

>shitty voice acting will totally immerse me in this neon cartoon world
It'd be better off with what wants or nothing at all outside of SFX for grunts, etc.
Except I have a natural distaste for poor design. It's been ages since I've actually played the game but if I did again I could give you a printed dissertation paper on how the levels are poorly made.
>but a lot of people are
The people that do like it do so ironically and I have not seen anyone that did like it unironically.
>people bought the game specifically for the voice acting
That's absolute bullshit and you know it. Stop while you're ahead.
And why would they care?

And it can also destroy the player's ability to take the game remotely seriously. After playing Mega Man ZX, which had no VA for lines, I was constantly skipping ZX Advent's horribly-voiced dialogue

>No Forune Night
Seriously?
youtube.com/watch?v=XAfmiTab-wk&ab_channel=Zzzzzx

was it under "Anonymous"?
As far as I know, he likes Freedom Planet. Why else would he have worked for GT?
That sounds like a falseflagger who's trying to give him a bad rap

shut the fuck up fags
post best songs
youtube.com/watch?v=6O1rvq5gqWQ

Zao and Brevons's VA's are the only ones I liked. Brevon sounded pretty close to what Sigma/Megatron sounding like.
Carol is ok.
Lilac and Milla are too....I can't even think of a word to amount of Cringe their voices gives
Torque sounds like an Canadian Alien.
Magister voiced by someone more popular then the previous.

The soundtrack is blantent ripoffs which are expy's of Classic Nintendo/Sega game soundtracks tho.
youtube.com/watch?v=E4QsMNo-bWc
Gee doesn't that sound like Aqua Tunnel?

>I have a natural distaste for poor design
lmao okay, whatever you say. You have a natural distaste for a specific type of design. Don't conflate taste with the ability to discern quality.

>And why would they care?
Because FreePlan fags were flooding their threads when the game came out, hailing it as the best Sonic game.

I don't think people ironically shower the VA's with love over twitter. And you're forgetting the entire shitty 90's cartoon crowd that's more than happy to buy into this stuff.

he literally used a tripcode for Q&A sessions

I picked this game up completely randomly a year or so ago and I had a fucking blast with it. I totally forgot a sequel was coming.

>more balloons
>posting the lesser Pangu Lagoon track
get outta my face

>A Sonic fan game turned original IP has music that has homages or similar sounds to games it drew inspiration from

No fucking way user, share with us some more of your brilliant insight.

you just said he was taking the piss out of Freedom Planet on Cred Forums taking Q&A? that's not the same thing, dude

>they dont like the better pangu track

That was after the Q&A sessions

see here's the problem; he's right to piss on freedom planet and I'm not sure why you're getting so anal over this

>best soundtrack isn't even in the game
please put it in
youtube.com/watch?v=Nd5kjzfwX_A

Nah. I play any and all types of games. It's a bullshit detector of the most unbiased caliber.
But as I said, been a long time so I won't contest it since I'll just eventually walk myself into a corner as it is.
Oh yeah that. Pretty sure they can just pull the Mania card and be smug now so I don't think that's a factor.
>I don't think people ironically shower the VA's with love over twitter
>shower
Try again without the hyperbole.
>the entire shitty 90's cartoon crowd
They also do so ironically. Most of which will admit it's shit. They did not buy the game specifically for the awful, awful VA but rather were not bothered by it, while most were put off. And if most weren't then they wouldn't have patched a mode into the game bypassing the cutscenes.

Be honest, how many times did you game over on him?

Pangu Lagoon is fucking best

I just thought you were acting like a fucking dick for namedropping some dude who had a falling out with GT and claiming he's the one shitposting when he's probably not even looking at the thread. You look like a fucking asshole, dude

It's just about fucking impossible to compose original melodies, and it's easy to accidentally pull similar lines, especially if you were inspired by music of a given era.

I once mimicked a small part of the fucking Animal Crossing New Leaf theme in my shit and didn't recognize it until I started parsing the notes separately. Sometimes this shit just happens.

no, I want to hear the real, juicy drama that happened, not incoherent shitposting, so I was trying to bait him out because he's in every FP thread

previous FP threads have had people mention how strife treated contributors, so I want to hear him say something

Once. One Hard
Then he was simple. I can crush him in under 42 seconds.

None
Because I had a metric fuckton of lives I lost many of them

Just once because I had a shitton of lives by then.
The original Mega Serpentine gave me more shit than him.

That's not even the best unused track.

youtube.com/watch?v=M3Li4kgdAlU

i gameover'd more to absolution than him

Fug, why aren't either of the tracks in the game. This is amazing

thats kinda pathetic though. Just let him do his own thing and don't be so much of a tool just because you want some drama

If you're gonna shitpost about the dev, you better have the ammo to back it up

He went out like a little bitch didn't he? How in the hell could one fucking girl crush him like sand while he killed not one. Not two. But many people and kings before her?
Lets face it. He was too easy on the girls.

I appreciate Pedrovin's thicc renditions of Freedom Planet girls

>voice acting having any impact on a game's quality other than negative

>don't shitpost!
>he says as he shitposts

Besides that, not shitposting. Just calling you pathetic for resorting to petty tactics to try and rile someone up just because he's thirsty for some drama from someone who probably isn't even reading the thread

I can think of at least a few instances where voice acting has helped action games by allowing exposition and explanation to be done while action is happening rather than forcing the player to avert their eyes to one part of the screen to see what the fuck is being said

Prime example: Brevon's taunting during the Final Dreadnought section.

someone so strong and intimidating, taken out like a rabbit or maybe a dog, in this case
its a damn shame, really

Not sure why you're so mad, he loved doing that kind of shit in previous threads.

besides, you're on Cred Forums. what the fuck did you expect? civil discussion?

I think the lines are written like ass but yeah the VA's deliveries are fun and their heart was in the right place with that one.

And I can name several indie games that ere outright better because of their lack of voice acting.

I don't need plot to enjoy a video game. Otherwise Mario wouldn't be top dog of the industry.

Leila R. Wilson (Woofle) is a Fujoshi and a s.
I still want to fuck her tho and have her compose some sweet music with me.

and an underpaid one

classic mode exists

>And I can name several indie games that ere outright better because of their lack of voice acting.
You wouldn't know that, you're just assuming that they are. It may be an informed guess, but that's all it is.

>I don't need plot to enjoy a video game.
Neither do I, but if every game was no text, just game, just pick levels from a level select or play them in sequence, you'd start to feel the lack of variety pretty quickly.

gross man do you even know what she looks like, she probably wears weird hats like most furry women

>not sure why you're so mad

I ain't mad. I just think you're a tool. I've already said that. Make fun of people as you please. Whatever. But your attempt at trying to prod an ex-dev with such pathetic tactics to get some drama is just sad

>Neither do I, but if every game was no text, just game, just pick levels from a level select or play them in sequence, you'd start to feel the lack of variety pretty quickly.
If the gameplay was good, there'd be no such thing as a "lack of variety". I'm baffled whenever someone says that a game isn't fun without its story. It's just crazy pills.

Better then getting buttfucked by Strife tho.
How it feel knowing you bought a gayman's game from a gayman?

I still don't get why people aren't too fond of the new design. I like it

Where are Carol, Milla's and Torque versions?

i like it now
i know i absolutely hated it when i first saw it
got used to it, though. old design's still better imo

I'm not trying to make fun of anyone, I just want to hear why people hate the devs guts so much and Mr Lange is a notorious poster in FP threads and has shitposted before, so might as well call for him. If he's gonna piss on the devs in this thread again, I want to hear good reasons.

I'm only reaping whats already been sewn in this thread and previous ones. The dramas been here for several FP threads, so get used to it.

Well there's no FP2 Torque yet

Carol and Milla got an outfit change
Lilac got her shit fucked up to hell and back

Furshit and autistic fanbase aside, it's a fun game.

>I'm baffled whenever someone says that a game isn't fun without its story.
I'm sorry to hear that, but that's not what I fucking said. Plenty of games are going to have story, with or without the existence of voice acting. Look at the NES era. Look at the SNES era (and its outrageously long unskippable cutscenes, fuck off with that bullshit Enix). Voice acting can help to expedite the bullshit while still allowing a game's events to have context.

And there are only so many ways you can pull together a game's mission structure without a story, or people to talk to. If you're not simply dropping the player into each new stage as it comes, people need a reason to go places. If you offer folks a world to explore, there has to be at least a handful of signs or NPCs or /something/ which help the player get to grips with the world. Voice acting offers games a different aesthetic, and while it's true that people utilize aesthetic differences to rehash the same boring shooter formula over and over again, people can also use these aesthetic differences to enhance a game, make it more than just the gameplay - that's the magic of this medium.

Good.

Nuclear Throne is better then Freedom Planet

>comparing two games of entirely different genres
???

I think it's safe to say that the devs love Milla the most. Look at all these outfits

Of course they love her. She's the cute little character that no one can hate and will them millions of plushies. Including one to me

>that no one can hate
I hate her!
Both of these characters in pic are better than her, tenfold

h-hey guys w-what about m-m-me?

she ded tho

I know Strife didn't want to fuck with fusion anymore and both Spade and Torque were broken to hell but idk why he just didn't tough it out. They didn't need any dedicated stages or story mode just to shit out what they had. Spade was pretty much set to go well before release.

youtube.com/watch?v=PtB9zCQ_8GE
youtube.com/watch?v=F6cSfDjRiS8

Well you got me, here I am.
I've never shitposted about or bashed Freedom Planet or the devs. I like both Freedom Planet and Strife, but I've moved on to my own projects now, so there you have it.

Also I'm not a "notorious poster" in FP threads, I rarely come around for them anymore. Someone brought this to my attention though so here I am addressing it.

>he actually showed up
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Literally who

>Getting baited by Cred Forums sporadically making shit up

Hows that game going, by the way?

so I guess you do come to the threads, but I didn't think you ever talked shit about the game or it's devs.
pic related

Lake has good ideas for mechanics and...interesting(?) art but shits the bed with anything to do with level design, enemy design, and bosses.

Spark suffers from the same thing as far as I can see. Much better, but not 100% there yet.

>but shits the bed with anything to do with level design, enemy design, and bosses.
And Art. And anything related to art and art assets.

>his enemy placement in After the Sequel
I should really get around to locating him, slapping his shit up, and making him replay Sonic Advance 3.

why the fuck are you here
leave

god, I swear you shat on FP in some thread where you were ranting about 3D platforming in Sonic games, I'm mildly disappointed now

whatever, I got my answer. had a feeling the other user was a friend of yours, so it got you here.

p.s.: please for the love of fuck, don't can overture like every other fan game dev does

57 Posters.
Why don't we have an /fpg/ again? Remind me WHY we don't have one already

when this thread dies, make an /fpg/ thread and link it here
see how long it lasts

IIRC Lange was shitting on 3D sonic games and garbage like Sonic 4 in one FP thread back in the day. Sonicfags in the thread were getting incredibly assblasted about it. Not sure why that was the case since it was the same Modern Sonic rhetoric that's passed around Cred Forums all the time. That's about it.

post favorite freedom backgrounds

Nope. While I have been critical about 3d Sonic games on Cred Forums before, I've never bashed Freedom Planet. I like it a lot, always have.

Ha, the rest of the team wouldn't let me cancel Sonic Overture even if I wanted to for some reason. It won't get canceled, even if it does get slow.

Just want to make sure the air is clear. Hard to tell sometimes what's going on with such rumors, or in this case accidents that can become rumors.

It's been put on hold for a small fangame project which will be out soon, then it'll pick back up.

right; keep up the good work.

I took a hypothesis and ran with it, and I ended up wrong. maybe my drunk tirade and the results will shoot down future shitposting

That was surprisingly cool of you
Maybe you're not such a tool, user..
I can't wait to see it!

>lang
Fuck off

SAP doesn't deserve the trophy. Me and my colleges here at Indiebox decided that he's not worthy of having it due to his rude temper and negativity to the Indiebox brand. The trophy have been already relinquished onto another user.

Freedom Planet is shit and all of you furfags need to die.

nice job bumping a thread that was about to die anyway

>Who is to say they won't pull the exact same bullshit with the sequel?
Good thing that's not being Kickstarted eh?

I like both, enjoy being beneath me, pleb.

The SFM models of the FP characters are shit. There is no Zao. No Brevon. No Magister, No Neera, Or Gong or Torque or even that Duck dude or the soilders or Dail or Spade or even the late King of Shui gang.

What's with this bubble meme?

>It's like they realized not saving at the start of each act was inconvenient
More like they actually realised that Final Dreadnought was too fucking long as one single level.

>unironically buying a fucking Cred Forums Pass

Some guy has a balloon fetish and commissioned everyone and their mother.

>Sonic inspired game that thinks it gets it
>it has the same level of cringe worthy story and dialogue that made modern Sonic into a sad joke, and that ruins the game
I think the devs are fucking stupid.

Strife, Lilac's Voice Actor and Woofle the music Composer are in laymen terms the *CRINGEST of the bunch* in those who help created Freedom Planet.
Strife is a jew
Dawn M Bennett is an overly obnoxious Genki girl who thinks life is everything Rainbows and butteflies and
Leila (Woofle) is pretty much a Fujoshi with a beastiality/Furry fetish that buys dildo's from Bad Dragon

Except he didn't, newshit. He posted Anonymously with previously unseen assets of the game before launch. But hey, if you have actual proof of this tripfagging, and that it was actually him, why not post an archive link?

Thoughts on FP2's music so far?

soundcloud.com/leila-wilson-woofle/freedom-planet-2-dragon-valley

soundcloud.com/leila-wilson-woofle/freedom-planet-2-character-theme-preview

Fuck you, Strife is awesome and knows his shit

>cringe worthy story and dialogue is what ruined Sonic
>story and dialogue is the most important thing in a fucking platformer
You're a genuine retard.

ehh some people like it though
they were self aware enough to put in classic mode that just skips it all and gets to the gameplay

Why is Milla so goddamn adorable? I love her hair.

It's pretty goid but the levels are too long, too many bosses and they are too difficult.

Where to even begin?

Because Pirate's Curse brought in a bunch of insufferable cunts.

Either way, we're in a great new era. Freedom Planet 2, Sonic Mania, Gunvolt 2, Bloodstained, Shantae. Gonna stay positive.

>ehh some people like it though

These people have terrible taste and I'm honestly not sure how said people exist.

with any luck FP2 will be less incredibly embarrassing in this respect

there is no way to enjoy something ironically with your dick

I dunno I find the amateur-ish writing/acting endearing

Not my fault you were stupid enough to play adventure mode. Classic mode just has the stages.

That said, with how glitchy and hitchy the game is, and how weird the physics can get at times, I hope FP2 is a major improvement in those respects.

Feels damn good to be platformer fan, right about now.

Is this game good?
I have a CD key for it but I don't want to redeem it if it's bad.

Taxman is doing the engine for FP2, for the record.

It's great if you love classic Sega Mega Drive games, Freedom Planet is basically the Shovel Knight of that system.

You're kinda lucky enough to be able to enjoy it semi-ironically then, but you're still not enjoying it because it's good.

no damn you I require context for my furry platform games

You like Sonic,Mario 2 and Megaman x?
Is good.
You don't?
Is not.

Very good, give it a try!

although fair warning the story is cringeworthy trash

Playing this game made me realize how horrible I am at video games. I liked it, though. Gameplay is good (though I dislike how little momentum you need to walk up a 90 degree angle), music is good, cutscenes are so-bad-it's-good.

Holy shit that Milla bossfight, it wasn't hard but it threw me for a fucking loop, I did not expect the game to take a turn like that.

>(though I dislike how little momentum you need to walk up a 90 degree angle)

you don't need any momentum at all, provided you are moving at all, you walk up a wall

Don't forget Owl Boy, it looks to be promising as well.

>Milla
It's Cave Story all over again.

I didn't like it.

It felt like I was playing Sonic maps as Rocket Knight, Zero if he did pitiful damage or a cute doggy. None of them had the abilities of a sonic char but importantly killing everything really fast. Towards the end enemies had far too much HP

Right, that's what I meant to say. Just feels weird.

Yeah, a little. I'm convinced the game would kinda break a bit if you couldn't though.

bump for more cropped porn

>Sonic arms
>blue

Yeah, "cropped".

cropped, drawn like this, whatever. if i can imagine her lower body is that of a crab its all good

Last one.

It's built around fighting enemies, which I think they're doubling down on for the sequel.