Space Hulk: DEATHWING

Opinions? What you hope they put in the game? I'm super hyped for this, almost as much as For Honor.
I don't normally post on Cred Forums but I'm interested in what you guys have to say.

>tl;dr Give me your fucking opinion or what you hope is in game

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nLGnoz9K2v8
youtu.be/f6hSES1tlt0
nofrag.com/2016/aou/21/49569/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA

Don't get hyped, there's a reason why they haven't actually shown more than 4 seconds of uncut gameplay.

I would really like a map maker where you can place preset rooms door to door.

But even without that I can't wait to fist some nids between assault cannon bursts

>For Honor

user, you started the thread with such good taste why did you have to fuck it all up

Why the hate?

didnt they have a 20 minute demo at gamescom or something?

if you have only seen small clips of the game you havent been following it

That's a real good idea. Doom did it (Never bought it) but I never heard of it did well or not.

another cinematic experience from ubishit which looks to be a borefest
top that all off with one of the game's first promotional videos being "stronk womyn knight"

"women can't be knights"

they had a public beta, I liked it.

sounds like you didnt play it

Considering the roots of space hulk it would be madness not to include something.

>"stronk womyn knight"

alright faggot time to stop, you are derailing the thread

>cinematic experience
are you a fucking retard? there hasn't been a single cutscene shown in anything except for actual trailers

>stronk womyn knight
you can pick your gender for every class of hero, and beyond that
>i care about politics in video games
fuck off neckbeard i can hear you mouthbreathing from here

I WILL BURN THE HERETICS IN THE NAME OF THE EMPEROR.
WE SHALL KNOW NO FEAR AND NO MERCY AS WE CHARGE INTO THE GAPING MAW OF HELL THAT IS THE EMPERORS ENEMIES.

they didn't have a public beta, they had a closed alpha

But there were female knights you retard... Mind you most did not fight and were called Lady or Dame

I just hope there is some kind of interesting progression mechanics to keep me coming back. Vermintide was a great game, but it didn't have a hook to keep you playing once you've beaten each level.

So what wargear will you be taking with you battle brothers?

Unless there is some horrible downside I can't see myself putting down the assault cannon anytime soon. It's sulfatums big brother

That autocannon famalam

>Mind you most did not fight
which makes it all the more confusing as to why they had a woman practically defending an entire keep from enemy invaders on her own in that one gameplay trailer

I'll have to try them, that Autocannon-Melee combo looks cheeki breeki as fuck
Full on DPS with another DPS and two shield+Flamers

OP here, let me fall back on "Its a game and actual Medieval fighting fucking sucked" you want realism? Go play Kingdom Come. Now let's get back to the original topic

What are the objectives and what is the longevity of this game? Like you just explore this one huge ship over and over again doing the same missions every time or is it random, different missions or areas etc?

3 (you)s says you wouldn't give a fuck about """realism""" if she had G cups and was wearing a bikini.

Pretty sure it's the latter, but it's got a 11-15 Hour campaign with cutscenes too. You play as the Librarian so OPPLSNERF psychic powers too.

I hope there will be some Chaos influence included in the game. I am a big Chaos fan.

Tzeentch > Nurgle > Khorne > Slaanesh > Undivided.

>OP here, let me fall back on "Its a game and actual Medieval fighting fucking sucked" you want realism?
i'd rather not buy a game that hinged its promotion at a major event on a progressively influenced depiction of a medieval knight
in fact, i'll probably just buy bannerlord instead

I want to gain Brouzoufs.

Everything I have seen suggests it is a primarily multiplayer game with the single player being like Battlefront 2, just the multiplayer mode with a thin veneer of story slapped on top via voice overs and shit.

Malal>Tzeentch > Nurgle > Khorne > Slaanesh > Undivided.

I don't think picking a model with tits instead of a dick really counts as "hinged on" user.

Tzeentch a best. Undivided would be second if it didn't get fucked over so often.

I would not mind that if I'm being honest. Plus, the Dark Angels haven't really gotten any attention (I'm always an Imperial Fist guy tho)

But they haven't even marketed as "LOOK AT THIS BRAVE WOMAN TAKE ON THESE VILE BRUTES SINGLEHANDEDLY" It was just a gender choice for the campaign. I'm the first one to say fuck off with the whole "progressive" shit, but come on man.

You don't normally post on v? Why type this lie or Is this the vbots newest tactic

My hopes are high. Gameplay looks good but it needs to nail the sound design, gunplay and level design to be worthwhile.

I hope my legs are ok.

Space Hulks by EYE guys, already preordered.

My legs are ok.

Usually /k/, Paranormal, or Cred Forums friendo

Fallen Angels?

Doubtful, but they said there are a lot of lore collectibles, so maybe evidence of their presence?

>didnt they have a 20 minute demo at gamescom or something

No. There hasn't been a decent length, uncut gameplay video so far. Just some short trailers and such.

Sounds like you're the one who hasn't been following it, mate.

>E.Y.E. devs
>Warhammer 40k FPS
>Nice interior design
>Tactical management
>Inspired by SWAT 4

These reasons are enough to give me hype despite the shitposting fest about the game being a L4D clone.

I have a few concerns though.

>Frame drops
>How do they handle the gun
>How do they sustain the game with contents
>RPG elements they tease about

I'M GONNA BE THE FLAMER GUY

Bretty gud:DDDD

If it plays like an improved EYE, game's already good for me.

How many of the guys that worked on EYE are still at Streum On?

I don't like how slow the terminators are. In lore they are supposed to only be slightly slowed down by the armor, but I guess they went for the lumbering giant style for gameplay purposes.

Hang on, we didn't see lightning claws in the arsenal trailer. How could they forget lightning claws?

I guess they're lumbering around slowly because they're watching out for genestealers

One does not simply walk into SPACE HULK

If it plays like EYE, game's already good for me.

I want to be the Genestealer and steal genes.

>noticed that the dialog portraits are still a short loop of their face shaking a bit
It's good to see that those Frenchies are still at it.

I want to:

1) Brrrrrt tyranids with an assault cannon

and

2) Smash a genestealer's face in with a power fist

I have pretty low expectations to be honest

That would make it worse.

>fuck off neckbeard i can hear you mouthbreathing from here

And I can smell your cheeto fingers through the monitor. Don't forget where you are.

it's a UE4 game so you can just make your own maps hopefully with a real editor
prefab room don't cut it

>Tzeentch
Ah, I see you like girl cocks as well.

That's Slaanesh, bruh.

:^/

Bitch, I rated Slaanesh as the worst. You're not paying enough attention.

Plus, the champions of Tzeentch and Nurgle are so badass compared to the others. (Ahriman and Typhus.) Khârn is fine, Lucius is really meh.

I've always wondered something - how do Genestealers get on Space Hulks anyways? Do passing Hive fleets plant them there and hope some hapless space traveling race will want to explore them?

Genestealers like to stow away on ships. Sometimes ships get fucked and end up as parts of space hulks.

As far as I heard from Cred Forums discussing 40k, Space Hulks have fuck all of things inside of it, emperor knows how or when did they get in.

>Tzneetch
>girl cocks

Who /dualflakcannons/?

they evolved from the pets people brought with them

This.

Also, tainted humans who are infected with genestealer... uh, gene stealing... eventually reproduce more and more genestealer-like until they're purebloods.

You know how genestealers work? They infect people and pass Tyranid DNA to weaken societies before an invasion.
When space hulks get stranded in the Warp, the genestealers can't infest any civilizations so they're trapped and are forced to inbreed.

Why does it appear as already released in the PS4 store?

You mean Space Hulk? Cause Deathwing isnt on the store. That other game is old.

DEUS VULT! FOR THE EMPEROR!

Sounds like your the dumb retard who didnt watch the new gameplay trailer.

>>How do they sustain the game with contents
this
I really hope they either have hidden orks or daemons as enemies or that they add them through DLC
At the very least more tyranid biomorphs would be cool

>tfw you had a character with over 45 hours put in
>cloak, teleport frag, triangular gate, max legs
>tons of finished rare research

Then i reformatted and forgot to enable cloud saves. Want to remake the character but cant be assed.

I really want it to be good. I love streum and would like to see them make the games they want to make and remain devs.

My question is how in the fuck did they land this job? Who looked at E.Y.E and said "yeah, lets contract them to make our game." How could any producer or investors see potential in something like EYE

E.Y.E has HEAVY warhammer influences, how did you not notice? I'm sure the game had it's mild success, and it seems Games Workshop gives out the warhammer game licenses away like candy. So Strenum On guys show off their nerd boners for 40K, beg for the license and now we get spacehulk.

GW hands out the 40k lscence to anyone that asks.
In case you didn't know, Streum fucking love 40k so this is very much a passion project as well as a paycheck.

I knew that they loved warhammer and yes, i noticed it in their designs. Its pretty heavy. I didnt know that GW was so loose with their license however.

That's why 90% of Warhammer games are absolute garbage.

GW is losing their grip on the tabletop market, they can't afford to be picky.

Another shitty Imperium game, give other factions some fluff

Just search "warhammer" on your preferred mobile App Store to see how it's gotten

Oooooh...

I'm hyped but worried that it will run like shit.

youtu.be/nLGnoz9K2v8

I'll probably buy it on day of release cause I like Warhammer and I hate myself

why not buy it before the day of release and get it cheaper?

Malal > Undivided > Nurgle > Tzeentch > Khorne > Slaanesh
Prove me wrong

No, only Nids and Terminators. Why? GW jews.

I'm still waiting for an officio assassinorum game

Malal, please man it's been days. You have to stop posting

>I really hope they either have hidden orks or daemons as enemies or that they add them through DLC
What. No, shut up, this is space hulk you idiot. You can't add orkz or tau to this shit. Delete your post.

This tbqh...

>A game where you kill an insane guy then do nothing but stabbing peasants for ten thousand years
excellent choice

>this is space hulk you idiot

They can add orks and daemons. Just those two. Nothing else.

This isn't a For Honor thread, fuck off retard

You gain brouzouf
You gain brouzouf
You gain brouzouf
You gain brouzouf
My legs are ok
You gain brouzouf

>Opinions?
Any coop multiplayer focused game is cancer.

Mass Effect 3 was really fun IMO, and rewarding. Wasn't too grundy as you could usually go far with the majority of people being competent

OP here, I should start one sometime. But if it's gonna be faggotry abound, I won't bother

there is locational damage in this game

it is entirely possible for each leg to SEPARATELY be broken or ok.

this has already far surpassed E.Y.E.

>tfw you get to purge xenos with heavy flamers

I am hype. If this game turned out shit, I will literally, figuratively, and seriously, commit suicide.

Ask the No Man's Sky fans.

ME3 was single player focused you fetus.

My another concern is how did they go with the AI, that is not their strong suit from what I've seen in E.Y.E. The enemies' AI is almost non-existent.

I wonder if that would be a challenge for them in developing Deathwing, I hope its AI won't be too shitty especially the devs stated the game was influenced by SWAT 4.

youtu.be/f6hSES1tlt0

I'm kind of excited for it. But even if you are hyped...
>preordering a game released by games workshop
>preordering a game from devs who you know nothing about
>preordering a game

The muzzle flash feels too bright and distracting.

>devs you know nothing about
Someone didn't play EYE

Good thing Steam has refunds

Do you know what one of the most important numbers people look for to gauge a game's success and decide if the developer should be rewarded for a success or ignored for a failure?

Have you ever had a game not shut down when you thought it did?

No.

There is literally no downside to preordering.

Oh I see.

>begin preorders for game a full month and change before release
>NO FUCKING GAMEPLAY AT THE FUCK ALL RELEASED

I want it to be good but there is something SERIOUSLY fucking wrong if they won't flaunt it this close to sell date.

I just want good melee combat and some well developed co-op. I've heard their focus is single-player which is cool and all but for horde games you need great co-op for the replayability factor.

Shield and mace (especially that Mace of Absolution in the trailers) just looks like F U N.

Guns look pretty underwhelming to me though, then again I usually run a melee class in horde games.

>They can add orks and daemons. Just those two. Nothing else.
No, you simple fuck because it's Space Hulk. They aren't adding shit and you need to stop posting.

>inspired by SWAT 4
last I heard the EYE devs mentioning a game inspired by SWAT 4 was them mumbling something on their forums about a game in the EYE universe where you played a Federation soldier.

You gain gene seed, if you catch my drift.

All they have to do is swarm you with gene stealers, they don't have to be all that smart.

Fuck preordering but the devs made E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy, which showed a lot of promise.
>I've heard their focus is single-player
It isn't.

Some AI for genestealers' behavior would be nice too, but I was talking about giving command to your squad in single player campaign.

So far everyone is focus on the multiplayer aspect of the game, but I wish the single player would be good too because I have no friend.

I am not very close to the forum so my information might be inaccurate. They are French after all.

However, played as a Federation solider would be rads.

But there are Orks and Daemons inside Hulks. Or are you saying they cant add Orks or Daemons because the Space Hulk Boardgame doesnt have them?

I heard they couldn't get the rights to anything but Terminators and Nids
But to be fair, yeah, Space Hulk the board game doesn't have anything but genestealers

Mark II
>Prussian wet dream

Mark III
>I don't need to turn my head to look awesome

Mark IV
>Futuristic and clean

Mark V
>Edgy teenage phase

Mark VI
>Only cool people are allowed to wear this armor

Mark VII
>A standard to compare to

Mark VIII
>Let AdMech intern design our armor

This, For Honor, and Gears 4 are all on my list of upcoming games. Space Hulk will scratch the itch that Vermintide left (fuck you Fat Shark)

I want to get into WH40K, I have never played any of the games. I always thought they were dumb, but I love Warhammer fantasy and Space Hulk has me interesting in 40k. Where would I start with 40k? Should I play Dawn of War I or skip it? Planning on waiting for a sale of course

I might be blind but is there dismememberment? I saw fountains of gore in the trailers but not that many limbs flying around.

It sounds like a dumb thing to focus on, but L4D and Vermintide nailed it. I feel it adds to the theme of these type of games.

Space Hulk has always been genestealers and termiantors

From the previous discussion, there is no dismemberment. And many people shitpost on it.

People will tell you start by 40k lexicanum. Dawn of War I is good and it is a good start for many people. I start from Dawn of War 2, however. Just pick your poison.

Fuck off Cred Forums we know you pathetic NEETs can't afford Videogames.

Got a source on that buddy?

This encyclopedia site? Start by reading? Sheeit

I'll check out gameplay footage for the games, I might go with II because 2004 seems quite dated

That first one?

You don't have to chug it all. start by something that get your interest and lurk in some 40k threads from Cred Forums or /tg/.

Dawn of War 2 is squad-based like Company of Heroes though, Dawn of War 1 has base building and the scale of battle is much larger.

Vermintide 2.0

>353449538

THIS

this is basically condensed storyline of every story that ever happened in 40k. All combined with comfy gameplay and stellar VA.

>

I don't know how to link the thread, so I will just give you the url.

>not an adaptation of this

>These reasons are enough to give me hype despite the shitposting fest about the game being a L4D clone.
>If it plays like EYE, game's already good for me.

about that, nofrag clearly said if you expect a L4D clone, you will be disappointed, because Deathwings is clearly a tactic game.

People are not convinced by that, that's the problem.

>REDACTED
i laughed

>>People are not convinced by that,

They will have to:
nofrag.com/2016/aou/21/49569/

>I was expecting to find a feeling close to Warhammer: The End Times - Vermintide but it's completely different reality. The handling of Terminators is very heavy and the speed is quite slow compared to the extreme velocity of Genestealers, which adds even more importance to the decisions that may be taken in part to avoid leakage doomed to 'failure. Unlike Vermintide, the fights are not concentrated on hordes of monsters but rather organized groups composed of several types of enemies attacking either melee or remotely. One understands the usefulness of seal doors to avoid ending up with several front lines, although this may hamper a road map set or hang a secondary objective. In sum, Space Hulk Deathwing seems to have put its FPS game aside in favor of a tactical rather well developed. It remains to see the content that will be offered, different skill trees and the types of Terminators available. The game comes out in November.

Space hulk exists

I see. That's very saddening.

Dismemberment is one of my favorite mechanics in any game (I love Gears, Chivalry, etc.) and it seems like it'd be right at home in a WH40K game.

I saw someone mention Vermintide's gore, and that made me remember that while it does have all kinds of glorious dismemberment, the bodies disappear within like... a minute. You'll get a big stack of bodies and parts but some of them disappear in seconds even. I feel like if this game were to have dismemberment, corpse duration would not last very long. Of course, this isn't enough to assume that we're going to be seeing corpses stick around for a good duration in this game. Just because there's no dismemberment doesn't mean we'll get piles of bodies to kick around. I'd much rather have at least one of these if not both, though both are definitely performance taxers.