Which does Cred Forums prefer? Classic Isaac/WotL or Rebirth/Afterbirth?

Which does Cred Forums prefer? Classic Isaac/WotL or Rebirth/Afterbirth?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ZSjMMi3d1U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

both are shit, play spelunky

Cred Forums Pass user since October 2015.

Classic/WoTL, looks better and has a better soundtrack.

Rebirth/Afterbirth have much better polish and gameplay. Classic has ' My Innermost Apocalypse' and a few other very good tracks. I wish Nicalis would make a 'Dad' boss or something with My innermost apocalypse as its track. Would redeem it completely on the musical front

Afterbirth should have been an update. It is not worth $10. AB has grown on me these past couple of weeks, but I regret putting the money down for it back when it came out.

Been playing Rebirth for the past few days. Better graphics sure, but I don't like it like I like classic. Finally beat it last week. Plan to shell out for WotL soon.

Classic for music, rebirth everything else

The sequel is literally just the first game but with more polish and more content. You'd have to be delusional to think the first was better when it's literally a shittier game with less content. The only thing classic has over it is the music.

Prove me wrong.

Every time I listen to the original OST it just makes me more frustrated. Danny B would have fucking blown this shit up.Isaac's OST was fucking legendary.

Rebirth/Afterbirth is where all the content is.

>tfw I will NEVER get Afterbirth on my 3DS to play on roadtrips

Afterbirth
>secret rooms stay open
>angel rooms actually pay out
>daily runs
>more items
>more room layouts and much more diverse as well
>unfucked sacrifice rooms

The only thing WotL has on it is music and it's not even strictly superior, just has slightly more good tracks. Oh and goodCain but Afterbirth makes Eve and Samson actually playable plus a ton of new characters.

>Plan to shell out for WotL soon.

Why? I was under the impression that Rebirth/Afterbirth had all the content of all previous releases.

I like both

and that's why I downloaded the mod that replaces the shit soundtrack with the old soundtrack

New music is actual garbage.

Rebirth was better than WotL but Afterbirth was horrible.

I'm not sure how anyone can prefer isaac classic to rebirth. Yeah some of the music is better but that's about it. isaac classic feels slippery and clunky as fuck and it's hideous to look at. rebirth adds so much content in addition to quality of life stuff (like tarot cards actually giving you a vague idea of what they do and better item descriptions).

Give me a summary of the "story" of this game.
I cannot for the life of me understand what all the symbology shit is supposed to mean.

It's the Binding of Issac story of the Old Testament in a basement.

It's impossible to pick one.
Because for every improvement that was made with each version an equal number of horrible changes were made.

All that shit with "mom wants to sacrifice Isaac" isn't real. That event, as well as most of the game, is just something Isaac is imagining in his head.

Isaac commits suicide by suffocating himself inside a chest, apparently because he can't get over how dad left his family.

I like listening to late Psyclon Nine albums while playing this gaym.
youtube.com/watch?v=9ZSjMMi3d1U

finally 1001% this fucking game the other day
i think its safe to say it any more content he may or may not decide to add at this point would be derivative
tho i wouldnt be surprised if he just added a bunch more shitty debuffs

are there any good mods for this game?
i bet you could recreate the original zelda with all its original assets

afterbirth is bad
rebirth is good
rebirth has better visuals and doesn't lag like shit

What are the best seeds?

>mod to replace the shit soundtrack with the good one

Why didn't I look for this. That will make it playable.

>>more items
Which turns out to be a hindrance as most of them are filler (diluting the pool) or run-killingly bad. All the good stuff was nerfed away because of steaks.

unless you want to cheat to break the game in the funnest ways, not really.

This game went to shit because of Afterbirth, TeeBeeHaych. I would go as far as to say even Afterbirth+ won't be worth it.

WoTL was harder but Rebirth was easier to just have fun with

Whats so bad about afterbirth?

Are there some items that can only be unlocked on hard or am I just wasting my time?

I have the most fun playing as Isaac now, because I just unlocked the D6, but Azazel is the first to beat every boss. I just can't imagine beating Hush with anyone else right now. Killing Isaac, ???, Satan and the Lamb without getting hit once is pretty easy for me by now, but goddamn that Hush.

Also, fuck Ultra Greed. I had him just spam key coins over and over one match.

Beating everything on hard as the Lost unlock Godhead. That's about it I think.

> passfag

Opinion discarded

Trinkets, Babies, and a few Items are locked behind hard mode completion marks.

All I have left to do in that regard is complete everything as the Keeper. Seriously, fuck him. At least the Lost has spectral tears/flight/free devil deals.

Afterbirth was an overall mediocre expansion. The worst thing about it was how unprofessional the devs were about its release.

>people didnt want to play the arg
>LOL WOLFING DOWN STEAKS FUCK YOU

now he's holding mod support hostage for 10 bucks

This is why I stopped going to Isaac general. You all act like he's got a literal gun to your head, and he's killed your children in front of you. It's a fucking video game

actually its becuase he's actively ruining his game because he is pissed at his fanbase

Edmund literally did put a gun to my head though
Fuck that guy

Hello steakmund

No, you're just taking stupid shit as a personal insult. All while giving him money for shit you apparently hate. So congrats.

I'm not giving him any more money though
and I don't plan on it
honestly edmund is just a baby
after all this time he's still butthurt that people datamined rebirth and found that character when honestly people were already a day away from figuring it out

I'm not made nor do I hate him
I'm just disappointed that he has to take his anger out on his game instead of just dealing with it

MewGenics fuckign when
Is Tommy still living off of the Super Meat boy dosh?

it will come out with camdrome

Afterbirth

Rebirth on 3DS was riddled with bugs anyway.

I dunno what you're talking about, I've never had a single issue with it.

its widley known that all console versions are bug ridden
i have it on the xbone and the tiles would fuck up constantly
not to mention it would never get patches

I do have it on Xbone too and I agree THAT one is laggy, buggy shit. 3DS version works fine though.

Everybody says original has better soundtrack but the Level 1 from Rebirth is the best piece of BoI music IMO. If the rest of the OST had been as good it would have been elder god tier.

rebirth > classic/wotl > afterbirth