Xbone S -or- PS4 PRO

I'm getting one (and only one) on Brack Friday.

Which one should I get and why? I'm strongly leaning towards Xbone for superior controller and multimedia options, that and PS4 has literally no worthwhile exclusives.

(I was hyped for TLG but the most recent gameplay looks choppy as fuck)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=waDWsgVwb_M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_exclusives_(eighth_generation)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

One s is just a slim xbone btw

Why not get a used Xbone? The S is literally a smaller xbox one

Jesus the Vbot is real literally same fucking threads everyday

Here OP

youtube.com/watch?v=waDWsgVwb_M

Why not decide for yourself do you really want another thread filled with people bitching over which console is better? Your on the v board of Cred Forums making threads nigga if you like games this much go get both duh

You should save your money for something that isn't trash.

pro

Honestly, neither. The xbone S makes a good 4k dvd player.

But thats literally it.

Xbox One S.

The real question is, do you want it in white, grey, or blue?

The Pro actually has exclusive games and has a future of exclusive games to come

The other has Zero exclusives and is more or less dead after Gears 4 releases. If you're not a fan of muh fuckhuge imilitary third person cover shooters then I honestly have no idea what Xbox could offer you that a PC can't since it already has all of Xbox games.

Get an xbox you stupid cunt, your entire post sounds cringy and normie as fuck, you will me more than happy with an xbox go for it my friend

PS4 Pro exists for PSVR. Xbox Scorpio will be the same, whenever that finally comes out. The problem is PSVR, even on the Pro, and Oculus, even on the Scorpio, are trash pseudo-VR that you're just wasting your money on.

I don't really care about exclusives, mostly I just want to play Titanfall and FIFA.

Is the PRO even that much stronger than a base model ps4 or bone?

The original ps4 is already more powerful than the bone

>I'm strongly leaning towards Xbone for superior controller and multimedia options

I'm not even memeing but... for realz ? You are willing to buy a 1.4 TF machine for 300 burger dollars.

I mean sure the controller is nice but you can simply buy one for the PC and the DS 4 is not bad in any way. And about the "multimedia options" the Xbone OS is sluggy as fuck.

MS is bringing all the silverware of the xbox on PC. I think they are slowly dropping the towel.

I think the CPU is clocked a little higher and the whole set up adds fps to few of the games. That's about it. Ps4 still had the advantage overall. The other hand the Scorpio with smash the pro but that's understandable due to it being a year newer.

>Is the PRO

Xbone GPU =1.4 tf
PS4 GPU= 1.8 tf
Pro GPU = 4.2 tf

Objectively the PRO has a great ratio of power / dollar.

>Which one should I get
PC

>The other has Zero exclusives

Halo 5, Sunset OD, Gears, Forza, A good controller, A good network, Scorpio soon, etc.

>Scorpio will smash

no it won't.
it will either be more expensive in which case everyone will say
>it's more expensive
or it will be 399$ in which case everyone will say
>all the Xbox games are on PC

Daaaamn, the poor xbone cant catch a break, cant she? Its like watching a retarded toddler being beaten by college kids

>A good controller
The only thing the Xbone controller did right was the D-Pad. The sticks are smaller and worse, and the bumpers suffered especially due to how small they are now along with how cramped everything feels in comparison to the 360 controller.

I'm no way a Xbox fan and neither was i talking about price. Performance wise yes the Scorpio is going to smash the pro.

>Xbox exclusives
>Halo 5, Sunset OD

Man it's sad how small this list got. Fans are desperately trying to defend the Xbox but MS don't care.

But it's big and doesn't make my hands cramp because it's made for people with fucking baby hands

Doesn't hurt that Halo in general is 50% or more of what I spend my gaming time on.

>PS4: Bloodborne (maybe Nioh and TLG)
>Xbone: Halo?

I have decent sized hands. And the lb/rb is so frustrating to use compared to the ds4.

Bloodborne?

The nubs on the bottom are what get me, they're too short. And the triggers curve just right with the buttons just above, don't see the flaw

>Performance wise yes the Scorpio is going to smash the pro.

sure but in a console race that doesn't matter, price is king.
in terms of raw TF power the Scorpio is already smashed by modern GPUs.

I don't even understand the point of the Scorpio right now. If you have money go for a gpu (not next year, RIGHT NOW !), if you are on a budget get the PS4 pro or the PS4.

>Everyone deliberately ignoring the list of exclusives Xbox has and consider Halo the only exclusive

S-stop it you guys!

>Halo 5, Sunset OD, Gears, Forza

The same shit from last gen and Sunset Overdrive I guess. I'll admit Gears 4 looks hype but no way I'm dropping money on that console right now. Maybe once the Skorpio comes out.

I'm in the same boat. Cant decide between ps4 or xbone but i cant waiit on it for another year for exclusives to come out. PC/PS3 master race.

>The same shit from last gen and Sunset Overdrive I guess

>isn't broke, do not fix

There honestly isn't that much outside of Gears, Halo, and Forza...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_exclusives_(eighth_generation)

>Both Gears and Halo are no longer made by their original companies and the quality has progressively gotten worse

You're right, if it's not broke go ahead and break it.

Do you have a PC?
>yes?
Get a ps4

>No?
Get a PC then a ps4.

Literally never ever a reason to own an xbone.

Woah...

Gears, halo and forza are all on or going to PC.

I forgot that Rare Replay, Crimson Dragon and Sunset overdrive even existed.

And No one anywhere played Dance Central, Kinect Sports or Powerstar Golf.

Don't get anything by Microsoft you fucking idiot.

>Sunset OD
why do people always add this to must have exclusive? when I had an xbone I got it and beat it in one sitting then went back to it like once it's not that great of a game

I'm not a ps4 fan but at this point I really don't get why people still sentimentally clink on the Xbox.

MS threw the towel. All the Xbox games are coming on PC.
If one wants powerful 4k gaming they can get a good GPU right the FUCK NOW. Not next year, NOW.
Without a price point MS is making empty promises with the scorpio.
And 4k bluray is a meme right now. Seriously how many 4k blu rays are you people even planning on buying to make an xbox worth it ?

Why are you comparing an upgrade to a slim? Wait until the Zodiac(or whatever the fuck the One.5 is called) comes out and compare the two.
But wowee zowee that PS4 Pro is ugly and cheap looking.

Heres what you do. Find an original xbone, do not spend more than $199. Up to $299 if its bundle with a lot of stuff, like 5 games and a controller tier. I know theyve done this before.

And then next year you trade it for a scorpio.

PS4 Pro also comes with a 1TB hard drive standard, the $299 Xbox One S only has a 500GB hard drive so you actually need to buy the $350 model to get the same hard drive capacity. (which is still effectively lower because Xbox One reserves a higher percentage of the hard drive for the OS.

Is this the twillight zone?

Are people rationalizing buying the xbox one now?

Did people forget that the xbox one S is literally still worse than the original PS4?

Just get an OG ps4. It does HDR. I just got a brand new PS4, an extra controller, and 6 games for $400 which is the same price as the pro.

If Sony ported all it's games to PC I would drop them and go PC and would easily say the PS4 is a worthless system but it still has exclusives, third and first party

Nigga if you're going to be a sorry casual ass fucking loser, get the Xbox, it already sounds like you made up your mind. Now fuck off

Wait for Scorpio if you want an Xbox

Ps4 fag here, Going to be getting a Xbone so i can finally play a Forza Horizon game again.

Any exclusives that anyone might recommend that i should look out for? Besides gears obviously

>TFLOPs

oh boy i love this new buzzword. it's like people actually think it means anything substantial.

sea of thieves seems good but you can get it on PC as well.

it has 4K video output.

But it does mean something substantial.
It is quite literally the amount of floating point calculations that they can do per second.

Which you can't use for games, only for videos and movies ON A GAMING CONSOLE. Wait for the Scorpio or buy a PC.