What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9LVWS3aCaGQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not much, best game in the series next to liberation

Its not available on PS4

pretty much everything other than the setting. especially the horrific lag.

Amazing console graphics, nice weighty real feel to weapons, and cool setting.

Otherwise it's mediocre as hell. Crap gameplay, repetitive campaign, dumb story, Rico, no co-op, Rico.

The framerate and controller input response is fucking terrible
If I could get a PS4 version at 60fps with no issues, that'd be sweet

They made a game that was hardcore as shit without any handholding and realistic movement for a guy carrying heavy armor and weapons.

So naturally everyone hated it because it wasn't simple and casual friendly like CoD.

Didn't help that it came out during Ps3's dead days.

>grey/brown
>the third installment should have really reinforced the idea that that Helghast are not bad guys in a conventional sense.

That was the most interest part of the game story wise was the helghast. They were actually the victims revenging on the foes. Typical of feel good Hollywood movies.

OP here. Just played through liberation. It took me forever to download chapter 5. Encountered setbacks literally every step of the way. PSP wouldn't connect to internst because it was on the wrong version. Then I had to revert my router to WPA from WPA2. Then I had to use a third party site to get the download to properly install because PSPs can't connect to killzone.com any more.

Shipping an unfinished game was fucking retarded. All that said and done, however, it was easily the best PSP game I've ever played.

No it came out in the right time. PS3 didn't start picking up steam until around 2010, and it's still one of the most popular shooters on the system behind CoD.

Honestly the game was pretty fun. Generally diverse and satisfying multiplayer.

The number one thing is the dead zone and awful response of controls. The game really wasn't bad.

Nothing

All these nostalgia fags forgot about Rico.

the sluggish aiming

>that glorious multiplayer

there with never be anything like ever again

But that was actually good. Pic related is where the question really applies.
>ugly graphics even by the horrendously low standards of the PS2
>constant 15 fps gameplay lagging every 3 seconds
>bar none the worst controls in any FPS ever

How this overhyped piece of shit ever managed to get a sequel in the first place is beyond me. But it did, and to say it was a huge improvement would be a massive understatement.

>that jingle when getting kills
>that drone

He somewhat redeemed himself in the next game.

-Input lag was because of shit programming. It was not a "feature". They patched it in multiplayer, and fixed it by the tine of KZ3.
-The characters were all shit except for Garza. Especially Rico. They changed his VA for no apparent reason, and the new guy sounded like shit and delivered like shit. Plus they ruined his character by making him Kratos tier angry.
-They didn't need to add both Helghast symbols and Intel as collectibles. It feels like cheap padding. Honestly, I like the symbols more, but making them shit brown was stupid.
-Online is nice, but has too many fucking classes.

>Killzone 1 was pretty meh
>Killzone 2 has the best atmosphere
>Killzone 3 has the best co-op
>Shadow Fall has the best gunplay

I love this franchise. Still waiting for the one game where we get to play as the space nazis.

>spawn camping that small city map

>he wants more Shitzone

One of the best MPs of all time.

Yes I do. I'm not opposed to Guerilla Games making new IP's but frankly that new game they're making looks really boring and the protagonist still talks to herself every 2 minutes.

Worst input lag of all time

Boing single player

Graphics so over filtered it makes the N64 envious

If you're like 12 years old maybe.

>tfw bought KZ3 and resistance 3
>couldnt finish either of them

Shadowfall was a nice ending to the series. The two factions are living in relative peace together on Vekta. Except for Luger not making a cameo appearance. That was a crime.

If it wasn't a feature why would they let you turn the new aiming style on or off?

Bodycount. Slaughter the ISA scum. Leave no-one alive!

It's an FPS on a system that doesn't have proper controls for the genre.

Ebin ;^)

>Resistance 3 online co-op isn't open, have to get an invite from somebody to play with other people

That was a dumb decision. I never finished Resistance 3 because it was so boring playing alone.

>First game he starts hating the Helghast
>Justified given the war
>Slowly learns that not all are bad, given a Helghast comrade
>By the end hes let go of his hatred

>Killzone 2
>YO FUCKING KILL THOSE FILTHY HIGS
>HIGS LIVES ARE NOT WORHT SHEET, KILL THEM WITH FIRE
>KILL EVERY LAST FUCKING HIG
>WHAT'S THAT? DONT KILL SPACE HITLER? IT MIGHT CAUSE A DIPLOMATIC CATASTROPHE? NAH FUCK THAT HIGS LIVES DONT MATTER

Then in 3 he goes back to being a pretty good dude, you know if you can get past the fact he got your best friend killed in the second game, and started a war that would literally cause the entire planet to be destroyed killing millions upon millions of innocent Helghast.

>"Whoa dude...what if we made another Killzone..and like we made it like the Berlin wall..whoa..far out.."
Fucking G games. They make amazing looking games with cool concepts, but they don't know how to do anything else. All they had to do was let me play as the Space Nazis for more then 5 seconds, and all would be forgiven.

People who eat shit and ask for seconds got used to the fucked up controls. Their tiny brains couldn't handle properly functioning input, so Guerilla left it in for their "hardcore" fans.

My niggas.
>Sneaking up to nearly completely invisible snipers on the huge desert maps and cutting them up
>Blasting into an enemy base as a saboteur and wrecking shit
>Motherfuckung turrets and drones
>The gunplay being so weighty and satisfying it sets itself apart from other twitch shooters
>Those 10/10 DLC maps
>That one with the two parallel trains
>That one with the periodic nuke

>2.5-hour matches of 32 people pistol-whipping the shit out of each other with handguns and defibrillators

Those were the good times.

It wasn't killzone merc :^)

Here, let me tone down the meme speak. It was not an intended feature. However, some people thought that the "weighty" feeling of input lag felt immersive and realistic, probably to the surprise of Guerilla. As such, they gave the option to keep the "weighty" controls for people who preferred them.

The Helghast had such great armour designs and background. It frustrates the shit out of me that they were literally treated as nothing but nazi parallels despite being morally justified and objectively more interesting than the US army wankfest that was the ISA

ISA had some neato ships though

I wish this would've made it into one of the games at some point, though the creepy troop-transport walkers from KZ3 with the flamethrower mouths were pretty cool too.

>That level in Shadowfall where you fight inside an abandoned cruiser as it slowly drifts into a nearby sun.

The one part of the game that actually held my attention. Love that kind of shit.

Don't forget how calm and cool he was in Liberation. When Stratson was about to air raid Metrac's base with Rico, Evelyn, Templar and Luger still in it:

>Metrac: Your fleet is about to attack, Sergeant Rico. It seems General Stratson puts little value in the lives of his men.

>Rico: I'm a soldier. When push comes to shove, I get shoved.

He didn't have some angry remark full of swear words. He was ready to give his life for the good of the ISA. That was all.

>hey helghan, we need to annex you for your resources
>uh, no.
>FUCK YOU LETS GO TO WAR
>FUCK YOU WERE GONNA DO FUCKED SHIT TO MAKE YOU LEAVE
>WHOA YOU GUYS ARE BAD HAHA GUESS WE'RE JUSTIFIED NOW

oh god fuck the ISA.
Operations was a good game mode. I wish more mp games had ending and intro cutscenes like that.
>beat isa scum
>shoves your rifle away
>rifle butt him

Whoops. Not for ants version of pic.

So what are the Helghan? Aliens? Dont they need a special kind of breathing apparatus to survive?

>That MP mode where you capture bases
>Captured areas play propaganda over the speakers
>Scolar Visari shouting seriously motivating and well-written pro-hig FACTS (what a 10/10 voice actor)
>ISA captured bases output dull, droning, completely meaningless "duh higs are bad, we're good" patter

No fucking kidding. So many great designs wasted on a series that turned to shit

When Stahl betrayed Orlock and had his private army turn on the rest of the Helghast, I thought for a brief, sweet, delusional moment that we could've seen what remained of the already-fucked ISA get wiped out completely, and we'd shift to a Helghast protagonist at the sudden onset of a Helghast civil war.

but no, just more "heroic good guys save the day and escape at the last second" bullshit.

OHHH YEAH. Add that to The Helghast are humans that adapted to Helghan's harsh atmosphere after being exiled there for a couple of decades. They only need the breathing apparatus while on Vekta, because its atmosphere is very different. The fact that they wear all that gear in Killzone 2 and 3 on their home planet while the ISA runs around not even wearing helmets is absolutely an oversight.

Puts a hair on your chest
youtu.be/9LVWS3aCaGQ

You could almost dismiss it as the Helghast troops being VERY fond of their masks as status symbols and signs of patriotism. Either way is fine with me though, since their mask designs were fucking awesome.

The ISA being unaffected by Helghan's atmosphere was inexcusably dumb, though. I would've liked to have seen some concepts for ISA gasmasks, and I feel like GG was more preoccupied maintaining that "unmasked, emotive good guys fight against uniformed and 'faceless' bad guys" trope that I'm absolutely fucking tired of nowadays.

This is a good comfy thread

>No Helghast game
>Helghast are the bad guys

I love Killzone 2. Is there anyone still playing MP? I might have to get my PS3 out

>ISA gasmasks

That would have been really neat. They could have just had the characters take their masks off during time spent onboard the New Sun, while retaining their identifying features on the ground, like Sev's haircut, Garza's hat, Natko's bandana, and Rico's collar. Honestly, the game feels like the campaign is just really rushed and tacked on. It looks nice, but it's all flash and no substance. They might have well as just added a CGI movie along with multiplayer. At least they might have put more thought into it if they weren't just trying to make big setpieces with infinitely respawning enemies (like on Salamun Bridge).

You can play Killzone 2 and the mp on PS Now, surprisingly.

>generic forgettable shooter hyped up as the killer app of the ps3
>releases, isn't supported outside of some overpriced dlc maps, and then promptly dropped by its creators

never understood why it was liked. for all that hype and all the work that went into it sony dropped it pretty damn quick.

nothing, I think Killzone 2 has a great campaign(it lacked the number of bosses from kz1 though) and the multiplayer is still 10/10

You don't get to play as a Helghan
Seriously, ISA are generic as lard

They never made a better one after 2.

Pretty much this. If they ever brought the games to the PS4 in a remastered edition I hope they lighten the controls and reduced the input lag. I get that they were going for the whole 'you're a big guy' heavy control scheme, but it's such a pain and not worth it overall.

>Killzone PS2

The only game I ever took back to the video game store before completing, I didn't like a single thing about that game. I'm just glad the sequels improved, but yeah it is strange how they even gave them the chance to do a sequel at all.

Ok single player
Goty mutilplayer, which you can still kinda play with bots.
Idk man, seems pretty great to me.

nothing went wrong. I played Killzone online back on the PS2 a shitload and 2 was a huge improvement in every way and the multiplayer was/is fantastic

I understand the gripes with the controls, the weightiness always felt infinitely satisfying to me, but maybe that was because I was around 14 at the time Killzone 2 released, perhaps I was more adaptable then.
I loved switching up my weapons because they all had their own unique weight attributed to them, if ever you want to roll with a more powerful weapon, you feel it.
The input lag is definitely something that can get fixed.

There gas masks could be transparent that would have solved all issues if they didn't want the ISA to be group of faceless soldiers.

>look for a killzone 2 gameplay
>it LITERALLY has better graphics than Destiny

how?

>Killzone 1

3/10 - Nothing memorable about the game at all, ugly graphics, 1D characters, awful control scheme and forgettable story

>Killzone 2

6/10 - Big improvement, pretty good story but still features the awful control scheme (mainly the input lag) and the 1D macho characters. Graphics still hold up pretty well today

>Killzone 3

6/10 - They improved pretty much everything (including the characters) but that ending was a complete mess.

>Killzone Shadowfall

4/10 - Launch title for the new console and the design/story reflected that. It almost alienated regular Killzone fans to favour the new PS4 owners who needed something to buy for the console.

uhm what is was a great game that looked amazing, has cool bosses, pre patch had an insane tail end, fun as fuck levels, only downside was the characters

>there will never be a Killzone game where the Helghast are the protags
>won't have a team of masked badasses defending their home planet from ISA Sun
>won't get to hear anymore glorious speeches
>won't get to knock in Rico's fucking teeth the butt of your weapon

Fuck just kill me now, I'm glad they're working on a new IP since I always bitch about devs needing to stop working on sequels and remasters all the damn time but shit, they didn't even try one spinoff game where you played as helghast

>Killzone 2
>6/10
lolno

No way in hell it would get that score if released today

I always looked at Killzone and Resistance as the "weird" PS3 series, they really don't seem to stand out at anything in the genre while being supposedly big exclusives.

>mad that a game he doesn't like was praised by literally everyone
no one cares mr shit taste

I'm a grill you fuck

no your're not

Is the campaign for Mercenary worth playing? Never played the first game, 2 was fucking top tier, 3 was whatever but I finished it because split screen is rare. SF was so awful I only ever beat the first real level.

Killzone 2 and 3 were some of the best multiplayer shooters last gen. The warzone game mode was brilliant

I am though

post timestamp with your feet in it

I will not, this is Cred Forums not Cred Forums

>he doesn't know that Cred Forums is the sfw Cred Forums

Tell that to the mods

Beat the remaster of the first recently. Never played the original.

Once you unlock Rico, why would you ever pick anyone but him? His main gun:

- Very long range
- Barely any spread when you burst
- High ammo
- High damage
- Low cooldown

Seriously, how is that balanced?

Whatever you are, I agree with you. This game is not as good as these anons are making it out to be. There are both better futuristic shooters and military shooters out there.

always liked the opening speech...

Because he's slow as fuck, regenerates health slow as fuck, and his gun has no zoom. Try playing the levels as the following characters:

1, 2, 7, 11 - Templar
3, 6, 10 - Luger
4, 8 - Rico
5, 9 - Hakha

Luger can infiltrate the base best in 6. Rici storms the base best in 8.
Hakha can use the drones in 9, plus he's the one who kills the boss in the post mission cutscene.
Templar is the weakest character, but 7 is all about grenade launchers, and it's only fitting to finish the game with him. Screencap this post and try it out.

The only thing Rico was good for was really that mission where you could have both rocket launchers and his gun if you chose him, and you knew how to get them.

Big bams all around.

not him but ive been needing an exuse to replay killzone 1 thanks user

DS3 controller