well?

dragon age 2

none

they're all shit

I'm helping!

mega man 8

Skies of Arcadia

Star Ocean 2

Final Fantasy VII/VIII/IX (Pick one and if you like it try the others)

>no any etrian odyssey

needs radiant historia & breath of fire 2/3
also FF8 and Nier should have an asterix next to them as they have flaws that could put a lot of people off but otherwise a pretty good list

help me guys
so ive been playing ff7 and really liked it but got to the golden saucer and my fucking god what a drag the place is, i couldnt keep going. Does it get better, is that the place no one likes or?

radiant historia is on there desu

>golden sun

confirmed shit taste

that is the most "playing it safe" jrpg ever

plying most anything else on that list renders playing golden sun redundant.

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth is my personal recommendation.

How old is this piece of shit?

Saved it a few months ago desu. Have better jrpgs come out in the mean time?

Ar Tonelico, specially the two games on the PS2. You dive into the minds of some crazy chicks and play minigames with their alter egos in order to pull out new powers for them to use in combat. They do things like chaining you to a bed and saying they'll love you eternity until your real bodies start to wither, and putting a dog collar on you and pulling you around a festival on all fours, telling everyone that you are her pet.

The gameplay is 8/10 and the music is 1000/10.

Yeah, and it'd be a good idea to prune the shit and mediocre games off in the meantime.

What games and I better not see neptunia or conception, or I am going to go on weeb killing spree.

where the fuck is terranigma?

If you want something a bit more animu, try Stella Glow. Gameplay reminds me of FF Tactics series.

By the way, the pastebin link has MANY more games than those in the pic. These are just the most popular.

>All these retards calling shit

Its a pretty good list.

>star ocean 3
>disgaea

Still a good entry-level list.

Sad day when garbage like Legend of Dragoon is considered popular.

>All that Nomurashit
>Golden Sun
>Grandia, but not Grandia II
>No xenosaga
>Tales anything
>Obscure Tactics Ogre title

What do you get out of posting the same threads over and over again? I'm not giving you a (You).

Do you guys think I should try to finish at least one Final Fantasy before XV comes out?
I started FFVII back in 2011, stopped after a year, restarted recently and now I'm on disc 2 but I'm so bored of VII.
I kinda want to play IX instead. It seems like a cooler game.

Stop making this thread. If you want a JRPG thread put in more effort next time.

Go ahead and finish FF1 on the NES :^)

Etrian Odyssey series

I think 3DS is a great system for this genre, especially ones that stick to traditional formats.

What about JRPG-style games from Western devs? Such as Anachronox, Albion, South Park: The Stick of Truth, etc

I liked IX. Comfy story with a good battle system.

>not a single SaGa game
>not a single Shining game
>not a single Mana game

This list is bad and you should feel bad for having posted it.

What are some comfy/adventure-like JRPG like Skies of Arcadia ?

>This hate for Golden Sun
On its own the only real negative aspects that come to mind are PoNR, and it's a bit wordy though I don't mind it too much, especially since it shows AND tells. Maybe summons being op? Don't have to use those though. To get the full experience, you really need to play both games.

Good things it does different are, class system based off djinni, fun puzzles, decent exploration, not a lot of back tracking (partly cuz of PoNR), post game content is pretty good, visuals and sound track were awesome for what it is even though it's on GBA.

This is a solid list. I need to see how many here I've not finished.

FF7 has spots where it gets slow and boring. You're at one of those spots. Keep going.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend Cyber Sleuth as just an RPG. That said, it and Oreshika are amazing and more than justify my Vita purchase.

Grandia?

For comfy I'd say Arc Rise Fantasia and Tales of Graces. They're not very heavy on exploration. Though ARF at least gives you a light-ship fairly early into the game. There's also a point in the game where you choose which dungeons you can go to.

>JRPG
>from western devs
Then it's not a JRPG.

WJRPG?

Tales of Hearts is also comfy