Did people like this series when it came out?

did people like this series when it came out?

im slogging through the second one trying to stay positive, but i just cant anymore, it sucks ass and im worried the third will be just as boring

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F_2pKh5KiCk
youtube.com/watch?v=jAQGCM-IyOE
youtube.com/watch?v=YREOhjsSvOs
youtube.com/watch?v=0KSqiatqfNc&index=37&list=PL75103D71E579CE86
youtube.com/watch?v=EqiSdeyxZFc&index=35&list=PL75103D71E579CE86
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The second one single handedly ruined the franchise. The first is the best, the third is close, but much more modern, and the second is godawful

i noticed on the back of 3s jewelcase they actually mention that shops are back, i found that pretty amusing

It's been over ten years, but I still remember that 2 was godawful, like you literally go through the same dungeon twice back to back, no changes other than season.

It's basically the Devil May Cry 2 of it's series, only worse.

1 is great, 2 is a fucking abortion, and 3 is like an apology for the second.

Keep at it. 3 is worth it.

I thought it was a letdown from the first game. Xenogears was some adolescence defining shit for me and I expected saga to be more of the same. I didn't get what I signed up for. I stuck around till the third game but the only shit I really ever found myself enjoying were the homages to gears.

finished the trilogy a week ago

the third game is the best

What a girl...

MOOOOODDDSSS NIPPLES ARE SHOWING PLEASE DELETE THIS

Post telos

wish there was more of her

I used to be involved in a fansite back in the day and more than 80% of the people stopped caring as soon as episode 2 was released it was that bad.

here

I honestly don't see what was so bad about 2. The artstyle is cancer yes but in a bunch of ways it's better than 1. The music, puzzles and speed of combat were appreciated

The speed of combat was faster but the loading screens to get into combat were much longer

I didn't feel that was the case, or if it was it was I'd much rather have that than the slow as shit stuff from 1

too bad the series wasn't 6 games, omega metempsychosis was obviously meant to be a final boss in one of them

>speed of combat were appreciated

The hell are you smoking? The combat was glacial. You had to spend several turns stockings up and then unleashing to deal with even basic enemy encounters, making them take forever.

It also goes absolutely nowhere story-wise and the side quests/content is pathetic.

i got the entire trilogy for 30 bucks, but should I emulate if theres major issues or play them on a ps2
I wasn't really thinking too hard they just looked cool from the cover

>that one song in XS2 that played during the chats with Junior, Ziggy, and Juli

I can't find it anywhere, there's a lot of music I can't find documented for this game. Why?

Back then if you asked anyone what they thought of Xenosaga they would all tell you Xenogears is better.

I meant the speed of animations and such, they took way too long in XS1

I don't remember any good side quest in XSI either

The third game is a masterwork and probably the best Xeno game in existence
Xenosaga 2 was them trying to be edgy and different and do something different with the series which some liked but some didn't. I liked it though, it's good.
The first game is powerful but slow as fuck and rough in some spots.
As a trilogy though they are very, very good, you are just playing them in the wrong year lad.

Soldier on friend Episode III makes up for how shit II is

why was the OST of XSI so much worse than XG despite both being mitsuda? Like holy shit, XG was so good

I never understood the gripe about the second game. I enjoyed it very much.

I actually Episode II over than Episode I. II's Combat System was a breath of fresh air compared to Episode I's, which was slow as molasses.

They weren't that bad. I could deal with LUNAR SEAL, MOONLIGHT SYMPHONY, X-BUSTER just fine. Although after a couple battles I skipped the animation for X buster.

youtube.com/watch?v=F_2pKh5KiCk

youtube.com/watch?v=jAQGCM-IyOE

EPI had a great soundtrack, the only issue is that the entire game and by extension the soundtrack is depressing as fuck

First game was amazing. I don't know what the fuck happened in the 2nd. Still haven't been able to complete it.

>depressing as fuck

not as depressing as gears's soundtrack

Gears had upbeat moments

youtube.com/watch?v=YREOhjsSvOs

Saga, especially EPI, was everyone dying, cannibalism, human experimentation, sterile machinery

It feels like the entire game is taking place in a mental institution

XSI has its share of upbeat songs

nothing in XS is as depressing as tears of the stars or faraway promise from XG

To me those are more bittersweet. Remembering the happy times that are gone

Saga is full blown depression and anxiety, disturbing songs that you don't want to remember

youtube.com/watch?v=0KSqiatqfNc&index=37&list=PL75103D71E579CE86

youtube.com/watch?v=EqiSdeyxZFc&index=35&list=PL75103D71E579CE86

who /intelligent, nihilistic, wicked sense of humor/?

>play through first 2 games and get to the end of the third one
>never finish it because I didn't want to go to the final dungeon without getting some item from the gay ass minigame
>even if I had the patience to replay the entire series again I can't because I don't have my ps2 anymore and emulation has major bugs
I'll never find out what happens to space jesus

you can just buy items in 3

It did just moderately okay when it first came out.

The second game was obviously sub-par compared to 1 and 3 mostly because of the change in director/writers (which is why we only got 3 games).

The backdrops and combat are a bit more interesting and abstract than 1 and 3 but writing and pacing kills it a bit.

Not to mention everyone looks so ugly to the point that it's distracting

Literally me in a video game

That wasn't entirely because of quality. What kept the fansites going back then was all the fucking mystery and unexplained shit - translating and making sense of what the ODM was talking about was a major fucking project at the time.

2 spelled out a ton of the former mysteries keeping theorists going, and 3 just plain threw in an encyclopedia and told you every little thing flat out.

Literally the only thing anyone really had to talk about by the end of 2, was what the fuck abel's ark was, and what did the tiny shit scan of it with a few interest points mean.

>no Ep IV with Shion saving KOS-MOS and actually stopping the universe reset by going to Lost Jerusalem

I with Takahashi would finish one of his stories for once

It is so disappointing. I hope he does something eventually at Nintendo

>power left over from Zarathustra leftover used by Shion and co to create a being/machine that can save the universe
>What remains of Ormus steals it to guide the universe for themselves instead, making the being non-sentient
>Machine eventually taken in by the federation, deemed too powerful for human hands and transferred to be disposed of
>being regains sentience and attempts to save the universe

que the opening of xenogears

Just watch the second one on youtube, its actually called "Xenosaga 2: The Movie". Then play 3 cause that one's the best one.

Xenogears was at least kind-of finished.

Rushed, and only one episode of the proposed timeline in perfect works, but it wasn't that huge WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENS that saga left you with, yeah.

If you actually were around when it came out, you'd know that the third is the best and 2 was always looked down upon for the shit combat.

>no Shevat/Solaris war and the Day of Collapse game

Part of ep1's issue with the ost was the placement. It used many songs only once for specific scenes and then had huge empty spaces of almost no music.

i played the first game and i dropped it after the first battle. boring as shit.

I'm fine with that one, honestly. There was enough in gears to make it feel OK as background material.

The one I wanted to see the most is the Zeboim era. It looked like an interesting combination of high-technology and relatively modern-day society. Though the way it wraps up is a damn huge script-killer.

Trying to write a whole game's worth of material while keeping that in mind would be irritating.

Zeboim was mostly just political intrigue and Kim having to deal with hi erectile dysfunction. It would translate poorly into a game.

I think it was jr's ultimate weapon or something. I don't understand why they made such a great minigame as xenocard for the first game and then replaced it with shitty block puzzles in the sequels.

I kinda liked the shitty block puzzle in 3

My assumption about it was that any further xeno games would have kim and elly, but wouldn't be starring them since you'd already been there done that.

Having them in the background while a whole different cast took center stage would've opened a lot of room for doing whatever they wanted with that era.