What are some essential road mods?

What are some essential road mods?

Also Cities Skylines thread

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=578759936
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I can't figure out how to start the damn roads out without causing future traffic problems.

roundabouts

i really wanted to like this game, but it's kind of stupid

you get these massive unrealistic traffic problems, but you can't put down something as simple as a left-turn only lane or lane barriers to prevent switching and turning

just make better roads

The game is less about cities than it is about fucking roads, its absurd

yes exactly, and the road options they give you don't reflect what you'd see in even a smallish medium sized city. there's intersections in my town of 80,000 that you'd never be able to replicate in the vanilla game.

What do you guys think of my shitty roads? Should I just merge all the roundabouts into one gigantic highway intersection? There's not much congestion for that population count but that ain't saying much later on.

In map editor how do shipping routes work?

I think your bunny is cute. Make more bunnies.

Every time I play this game my funds seem to be either constantly going negative, or never climbing higher than a grand unless I take loans or hit a milestone. How the fuck do I get good?

1. Build residential areas.
2. Build commercial areas near the large traffic veins.
3. Build an industrial zone somewhere away from the the residential areas.

You now have people living in your town, businesses in your town, and people working in those businesses. This means they pay taxes, and you earn money. If you're not earning enough money, you need more of one of the above. Figure out if your people are unemployed (build more industry or commercial to counter this!) or if your businesses can't find workers (build more residential and/or make sure your citizens are appropriately educated!). Or you're just building too many services that you can't afford. Remember, first secure the income, then invest in services.

If none of the above works, see pic.

I think my problem is that I get services too quickly. Thanks, man, I'll give that a shot next time.

any way to make this game harder? I used to struggle with SC4, and compared to that this game is so fucking easy. I got to the final city size with only one period of difficulty (early on with about 15000 residents)

the twitter ticker gets annoying, any way to shut it off, or add more tweets?

There were mods that remove that within hours of the game's launch.

You can also just disable its sound in the options menu, if you still want to use it as a popup reminder that something needs your attention.

>3. Build an industrial zone somewhere away from the the residential areas.
lol no

Well yeah, you can just skip industry entirely if you want, but in the beginning of the game it's usually nice to have. They're pretty ugly so I tend to get rid of them later.

no if you build it too far you get not enough employes popups

Do you? I don't think I've ever seen my cims refuse to go anywhere at all because it was too far from their homes. I know if affects how they prioritize which jobs to take, but education seems to be a much larger factor there. Have you done any testing or research to figure out what the maximum distance (or travel time?) a cim will accept is?

>aging population starts to die
>skulls everywhere

fuck this game, I built like 40 cemeteries and crematories and they don't work lmao

should I pirate THIS?

I think your issue was placing too many residental zones on a short time. Since everyone moved in together at the same time, you can bet that they'll all die at the same time, and when that happens your Hearses won't be able to keep up with the death wave. Best way to avoid it is to place your residental zoning at a smaller area, wait for it to populate with people and then continue zoning. That's what I think at least, I could be wrong though.

Nope, you get not enough employees popups because you have an over-educated population who found a better job at an office, it's always wise to stay around 5% unemployment.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=578759936