youtube.com/watch?v=Mb9dJ51vVnI
youtube.com/watch?v=YhWhvspJmro
youtube.com/watch?v=c5JmSJcFD7E
mega.co.nz/#!Ew9gjSzR!xdJHUvRN6ojQp_08CO5abQc6kqc_iSkmGEddEMwFnzk
youtube.com/watch?v=0ME8roLWCRw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's the best port you fucking retard.

This.
The extra files were a nice touch to bridge the gap between this and 3.

wasn't the Japanese pc release the best port?

Is it? I would think the gamecube one would be better.

N64 expert here. It's an exceptionally good port, and it has the control system that has become the standard for all modern RE games, where you move in the direction you press the stick instead of tank controls.

However, the 6th gen console ports have better image and sound quality.

>shitty compressed audio
>cutscenes reduced in quality

I have Command and Conquer for PS1.

Ask me anything

>control system that has become the standard for all modern RE games,
So just Revelations 2? Revelations, 4 and 5 were still tank and 6 was sorta tank.

REMAKE HD and RE0 HD both use the RE2 N64 alternate control system by default.

>6 was sorta tank.

No, 6 is the exact opposite of tank.

The strangest part about this one is how many big names they got for it. I would say the Sly Cooper movie that I don't know if it even came out is stranger.

>This movie bombed hard
>No one is talking about it.

It'll be interesting seeing how other Playstation IPS translate onto the big screen. I'm especially looking forward to film critics mocking TLOU for the tripe it is.

The Nintendo movies will actually be big hits.

Ooooooooh my bad I never played them because they were the cancer casual mode that makes the game stupidly easy.

Is it as good as Starcraft 64?

Dreamcast is the best port.

I rented this as a kid and only played the Tofu/Hunk missions.

The audio outside of cutscenes sounds better than the PS1 version.

Only the cutscene video / audio is compressed to fuck

the best part about this is that rockstar did the port.

XCOM PSX
Painkiller OG Xbox

This is possibly the worst port of any game I have ever played. They didn't even adapt the text of the books you read in the game, they're like low quality .JPG files and you can't even fit a full line of one on screen. Truly horrifying.

Forgotten port coming through

last game released for the system I think

>bella "tranny face" thorne, james arnold tayler, rosario dawson
>big names

>60 fps
Dreamcast wins best port for that alone

>I'm especially looking forward to film critics mocking TLOU for the tripe it is.
inb4 fresh on RT (if it actually gets made)

Late as fuck, and buggy as fuck.

this is how i experienced re2

They used scenes from the movie for some of the cutscenes of the remake and it just fucked the story and pacing of the whole thing.

I actually own that.

Why does the zombie on the frontier cover have vertical pupils? This is why I prefer the PAL versions covers.

I wish I had this

Having tried to compare both last night... Usual N64 vs PS1 tech comparisons aside, I think if i had to choose it might be PS1.

The N64 version is a marvel in clever porting. Although, I do feel RE2 was absolutely pushing it. The characters are a way higher resolution, but the bacrounds are "fuzzier" than the PS1. There are one or two issues with characters faces as well, most notable in Ada and Annette.

The game itself on N64 ran slower than it did on PS1. Running feels like i was running at half speed.

Using a decent pair of zeinhiesser headphones (which give you and ultra clean sound) it did reveal the sound to be a bit shit but hey. The stero effect was actually very good though. I also noticed in some cutscenes some minor effect sounds were gone all together, most notably at the licker reveal.

It also in my opinion does not control quite as well. I prefer classic tank on the d pad. The N64 pad is less responsive and tight than a dualshock d pad.sometimes when rotating Leon or Claire, in the N64 version they will, for some reason turn in the opposite direction first for just a split second. Odd.

But i love em both. Here is also a cool document on Angel Studios explaining what it was like to be given the task of this port. Hreat read.

gamasutra.com/view/feature/131556/postmortem_angel_studios_.php

Diablo 1 got ported to playstation. It was cool but nowhere the same experience as playing on pc.

HL also supposed to have a dreamcast port, but got shelved it is pretty much complete tho, also it have blue shift to boot, and it pretty much need a entire VMU for saves for some damn reason.

WHAT? WHY HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THIS? WHY DO I NOT HAVE THIS?

I bought this day one.

The PS2 port was actually good, I liked Decay

Can't believe it's been 8 years since the disappointment

this, also it looks better than PS1 version.

If you think that's bad you should see the Duke Nukem 3D port from the Game.com.

Not only that, but you can't record the scenes and the movie and game clearly weren't made with the plot in tandem trying to match up, so it's not even these little niggling inconsistencies but really obnoxious ones anyone can notice.

Completely forgot this game existed until recently.

>release a 5 year old ps2 game
>change his hair to white because animu and removed licensed music

Starcraft for 64 was always sold out at blockbuster
And i remember it having an entire shelf for it

Never played this but I've always wanted to because of the setting.

>implying he didnt mean sylvester stalone and john goodman

This game sure looks worthy enough for a PS4 physical release.

I didn't even know it existed, period. Was it good?

I forgot that the original PS2 Rygar got a Wii port. I never did play either version, though.

Yeah it was never in at my blockbuster.

I remember trying it. Kinda. Being the kid I was, I didn't realize the difference between the PC and the N64 version. And looking back, I remember having FUN playing it on the N64, and was so amazed by the fact that I had a PC game on my fucking console, that I probably pushed all the shit gameplay out of my head

>Film critics
>Liking anything from sony
They've been fucking up constantly for years, not to mention zombies are oversaturated as fuck.

Rise of the Argonauts is a very average game. Very disappointing because I remember being very hyped for it back when it was announced.

>best port
>when the gamecube version exists

>Be PC Masterrace even as a child
>Play AoEII all day every day
>Peasant friends insist it sucks
>Finally gets a shitty PS2 port
>Now friends won't shut up about how great it is.

Rygar was a decent game on PS2 (predates the GoW games and with similar gameplay). It was such a strange port though... why late and why whitewash Rygar?

Its not fun, combat is great but thats it
Characters and world arent that fun
Id play ac4 if i were you

This game was pretty damn impressive when it first came out.

I'll say this for 3, it has much better villains than any of the ezio games. It was a return to AC1's style, where the villains actually had motivations beyond: act like a Saturday morning cartoon villain (to be fair though, the Borgia were kind of over the top in real life)

>no way this is real
>google it
Well damn. It feels like everyday I learn something new about Saturn and it becomes better and better in my eyes.

For the thread:

and it was fun

It actually isn't even bad

HIP

insightful post, these threads are what make Cred Forums redeemable

This port was really shit. It is like they tried to port the Game Boy game into NES, but could only port the first half. It blows my mind a NES game looks and plays worse than a Game Boy release, but there you go.

RE on Game Boy color.

I got this shit with my 3DS back then.
I barely played it, it got quickly forgotten by Capcom once Arcade Edition and Ultra, and now it's just a novelty of SF on the go with graphical concessions.

Show the one with real time inventory on DS.

VUNDERBAR!

inb4 derail

>those fmv sequences
>best port

I hate when people who werent even born when games came out try to talk about shit they dont know

>gamasutra

fuck off

True, but they're overshadowed by "WERE IZZ CHAR-ELS LEEEE?!", and other general idiocy from Connor.

youtube.com/watch?v=nm5cz8WNLyg

the fuck is this

youtube.com/watch?v=-yd7yOKN5V0

Leigh's been gone for a while now, user

I heard she's doing ASMR videos or some shit

THIS IS PS4

THIS IS 4 THE PLAYERS

THQ's GBA ports of Jet Set Radio and Space Channel 5 are staples of these threads but I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention that time they tried porting Crazy Taxi.

Rygar was always white, look at the original arcade fliers.

That's not a good thing. The game was designed around tank controls. 3D control schemes trivializes the difficulty.

I will never understand why people hate tank controls so much. And I will never understand why devs keep adding them as an option in re-releases of classic horror games.

Remake uses the old by default.

Fuck 4; three things made it tolerable: sailing, harpooning and hiding from sharks.

Play Rogue, senpai.

Shit is SO cash.

3 has a great setting but keep this in mind:

>The MC got his ass kicked by Charles Lee as a kid so he kinda developed a inferiority complex and wanted revenge.
>The MC thought Charles Lee was responsible for burning down his village and resulting in his mother being killed and wanted revenge.
>The MC is not a true Assassin; he's a selfish fuck who has his own person agenda of getting revenge. Also, he was simply a messenger and a means to an end.

I have this, Its pretty good.

it's a remake of a cancelled Amiga game made in 1994 that got release in 2013.

No fucking way

i put 200+ hours into this version

>The MC thought Charles Lee was responsible for burning down his village and resulting in his mother being killed and wanted revenge.
Better still, he learns who really did it, but still wants Charles Lee to pay for it, whilst helping the guy who really did it.

TO

>Could've used the PSP 1, 2 and 4 artstyle
>Decided to go with whatever the fuck this is

This version sold over 1.2 million units, and 100k in 2015. And people say there's no demand for SF on Nintendo again.

Get over yourself user, this is an article is from July, 2000 were you even alive then??

Its a good dev diary written by Angel studios the devs who ported it to a cartridge.

Is that Widowmaker on the left?

I'd love to get a good real fighting game on the Wii U, no matter if Soul Calibur, King of Fighters or Virtua Fighter. So far there is only that stupid Batman fighting game and a Tekken port, and I really dislike Tekken.

Sorry, I quoted the wrong post.

Meant to quote this one:

a-user?

i only bought it cause it was like the only viable launch. rarly played it and never touched it again after i got my 2nd game

Small bit of info - n64 character textures are actually lower res than ps1 ones.

REmake was smart enough to implement Square ad the correct run button instead of X like 5 started doing.

>Then Zero HD does a complete about turn and makes it Cirlce...

WHY CAPCUM? STOP TRYING TO GET ME TO USE YOUR NEW DMC CONTROLS IN MY RESI REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>The game itself on N64 ran slower than it did on PS1. Running feels like i was running at half speed.

I think you had to be imagining this, because they definitely run at the same speed.

youtube.com/watch?v=M9ztLZJhCaQ

But then why does Claire look so good in N64. Also, it seems like they did something to the way her torso sways during her walking and run animation in N64 as well... Its subtle...

Also the colours are really more washed out compared to ps1, flat sprite animations look thick and streched and some zombie models (i first noticed this on that horrifying bus) are missing some of their more violent injury details like exposed entrails.

>everyone sitting around the RPD shooting the shit
>Chris brings his sister into the station for no reason

Hmm i might be unfairy comparing it to the PSN store classic version. Its the US version and is either been optimized, or the US version runs better than the PAL version.
Maybe 50hz compared to 60hz.

In the UK resident evil was (published?) by Virgin interactive as well as Capcom, whilst it looks like the US version is not.

you yanks should consider yourself lucky. The old virgin enteractive intro video of the eye scarred me for life as a kid.

>Wesker and chris are clearly their 10 years older selves.

>Saturn and it becomes better and better in my eyes

As someone who has been playing games since the C64 days, it always baffles me that people on here seem to think that the Saturn was a horrible console. I've been an idort since the 16 bit days and had all consoles during the 32/64 bit days. Sure, especially later on a lot of the heavy hitters didn't make to the Saturn. But the system was really great regardless, even without Japanese imports.

N64 version runs at a higher resolution so the character models will look more defined and less jaggy.

Also I believe they improved the interpolation of the character animation, hence the Claire torso swaying is more obvious.

The backgrounds look more washed out though due to the heavy compression. I can guarantee those violent injuries on the bus are there, they just look less clear and visible.

> I also noticed in some cutscenes some minor effect sounds were gone all together, most notably at the licker reveal.

Just compared the licker scene on the two consoles. I didn't notice any sound effect differences. What is missing?

Yeah the PAL versions on PS1 and N64 aren't speed optimized. That probably accounts for the difference you noticed.

I played that exact port with a Genesis controller just for shits.

Basically medieval Advance Wars
pretty dope desu

how do you make do with controller

On my N64 PAL copy During the Licker cutscene, the second exhale sound it should make when its tounge extends is missing.

Also having watched the intro cutscene for Claire, there should be a "shock" string sound effect when Claire realises the diner dude is eating another dud. But its missing.

Another thing missing was the intro text after the cutscene "they were parted by..." It just throws you into the beggining game fast as fuck no load times.

Also, both N64 AND Gamecube versions of RE2 are missing/ or rather using too early the sounds of Willimas claw hand growing during his "2nd malformation"

Bare in mind these could be PAL issues only, but the missing things i mentioned missing are in the PAL ps1 copy.

It also supposedly plays the same FMV instead of having two separate ones depending on whether you meet Annette with Ada or Claire. In both FMVs its only Ada I think.

I have a feeling this interpolation improvment was desined to bring focus to Claires breasts as if they were early jiggle physics via sway or something.

Lol, Saturn got a RE1 port with more content.

>let you choose the name of you company
>all available logos already have some donut steel name in them

Worth playing if one enjoys Advance Wars, then?

Never seen anyone mention this game after the buzz died down.

meme magic

Absolutely. The overall mechanics are rather different, but i'd say they are equally enjoyable.

>health and ammo on VMU
>games that actually used the VMU

Fucking GOAT. I'm honestly sad the Dreamcast never amounted to more, it's honestly one of my favorite consoles of all time along with the Genesis, SNES, and GBA. Such a fucking shame. It had a ton of really good games as well.

RIP

Also on another note even if it hadn't died then I think eventually it would've died. I don't think the console market has enough room for like 4-5 consoles. It barely works with 3 major consoles.

>only for N64

what?

>On my N64 PAL copy During the Licker cutscene, the second exhale sound it should make when its tounge extends is missing.

I tried but I just can't hear the difference. As far as I can tell both consoles make the same noise on both occasions there's a close up of the licker's mouth.

> there should be a "shock" string sound effect when Claire realises the diner dude is eating another dud. But its missing.

I couldn't notice this difference either. The scare string is definitely there on N64, but I think it does sound a bit different. Probably a result of the compression (or maybe it's recycled from somewhere else in t he game).

>Another thing missing was the intro text after the cutscene "they were parted by..."

Yeah that's definitely gone. The loading time decrease is appreciated though, so shame all of the door animations are still forced everywhere else.

"game"

>big
>sylvester stallone
>john goodman

Well they are big guys

I don't think there's been a game more cancerous than this piece of shit.

Fuck whichever family member gifted me this for Christmas.

n64 version has 5.1 surround sound

Shit, I did not know about this. Is it Panzer Dragoon expensive?

movies aren't discussed as much on here as vidya

it also has more content bizarrely enough, some of which never moved onto the other versions.

There's a chart that circles around /vr/ about which RE2 versions have what, and IIRC the N64 version was one of the better ones, but you can't really get 100% of the RE2 experience from just one version of the game.

have you ever done LAN using a second playstation? It supported that you know.

I adored that game, it was beyond comfy on a gamepad somehow.

>that feel when every skirmishes goes down to 2fps after 15 minutes

>N64 game uses 1 cartridge
>has better sound quality than 2-disk Playstation version

How do you even fuck up that badly?

Do you have PAL as well then?

Im using DJ mix headphones by Zeinhiesser at the moment to listen (they break apart layers of sound super clean, i can hear details in game a pair of speakers just dont offer.) and something nice i noticed on the N64 version is that there is "mostly" always backround zombie sounds being used under the music even in the very beggining of the game. Im gonna check later if this is also present in the PS1 version.

Its technically a marvel, but i cant argue that the sound quality is even a bit close to what the PS1 version can achieve. Its Sounds like its underwater when people speak.

I wonder why, in the end Nintendo decided that they would use the orginal PS1 version to port to the gamecube, instead of their baby, the N64 version?

Btw these are the headphones, would deffo recommend.

still amazing how none of the characters are even remotely appealing visually.

They didn't fuck anything up. PS1 has excellent audio quality. N64 in fact has lower bitrate audio tracks, its just that compression type is different. Porting team used some very experimental/new codecs or whatever that weren't around when game originally came out on ps1.

Knowledge of Sega stuff in general is pretty weak, especially in the US in my experience. As someone who spent most of their life thinking Sega was just a Sonic company, and only recently saw what all they have done over the years, I can assure you that many people here are content to think that way. It doesn't help that Genesis was the only really popular sega console in the US, and that the biggest games people bought for it were Sonic, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and sports games.

>we will never get a netflix bloodborne prequel series about the politics of the healing church, bergenwerth, mensis, cainhurst and the executioners

But is it good

This. The N64 voice and fmv sounds sound like poor quality youtube uploads. Makes voices tiny and gravelly.

>people seriously bought the same game twice in less than a year

capcom fighting game fans are something else

might as well post FIFA 2013 for PS2 while you're at it

I think there's little doubt the FMV and voice sound recordings are lower quality.

But the music (e.g. Police station piano strings) don't sound any worse at all.

The sum of its parts user. But still, an essential on N64. Fitting that for 2 generations, n64 and gamecube, that Resident rvil were the most tech polished games.

Not the guy you replied to, but i did that with RA1.
The game feels strangely comfy to play on a controller.

i have this and decades

kills your wrist after 2-3 songs and the pick stylus they give you is shit

RE games still have tank controls, the only difference is the camera position.

It’s no masterpiece—it’s the story of immortal knights fighting werewolves and vampires in Steampunk London. But The Order: 1886 (2015) is still more than videogame critics deserve. Its low review scores and petulant detractors are proof, once again, that games could never become art (whatever that would mean) because the people playing them and the people responsible for curating them simply wouldn’t allow it. Verily, no-one who reviewed The Order during its launch last year had a bloody clue. From complaining about its length, its closed, straightforward levels and its unwillingness to let the player explore, critics recited the same handful of complaints they throw at every game they can’t be bothered to consider. Even the praise levelled at The Order— “great atmosphere,” “solid gunplay,” “creative weapon design”—was recycled air. It’s a sorry state when a game as uninterested in tradition and form as The Order can only be viewed through the antique framework of magazine videogame review. And when critics have grown so smug and apathetic that only brazen, moist-eyed complaisance like Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture (2015) can get them to think—even for a second—about what they’re saying.

There are so many fantastic moments in The Order: 1886. The one-on-one knife fight with the alpha werewolf. Standing over the airship ballroom, identifying assassins disguised as guards via the discrepancies on their counterfeit uniforms. Igraine is a fantastic character. The ending, considerably more muted and sober compared to what could have been, is a rare example in the gaming industry of restraint and sombreness over spectacle—not that the game struggles with spectacle. Ready At Dawn Studios, quite rightly, picked up an award from the Visual Effects Society, and I can see why. Where so many games conflate visual lustre with colors, wide open spaces and fantastical expression, Ready at Dawn is fascinated by cold, old interiors. I’ve spent a lot of my life inside English churches, and the great halls at country estates, and the same woody smell and fragile silence that hangs heavy in those places permeates The Order, especially during scenes around the Knight’s roundtable.

At times, The Order lapses into rote third-person shooter or horror game style but largely I’m impressed and relieved with how defiant it remains throughout, refusing to emulate the many other games based around guns and monsters. I’ve never played anything like The Order: 1886. And I don’t mean in the dumb, false Saints Row way—this isn’t a sandbox game where every wacky, supposedly idiosyncratic idea has been researched and focus tested, and is remarkable only to the kind of people who think the Joker from The Dark Knight (2008) is a complicated character. I’ve bemoaned in this article the use of clichés, so forgive me in advance, but The Order is a true original. Videogames are often created to slot neatly into genres—shooter, horror, “interactive story.” But like its antagonistic Hybrids, The Order refutes easy classification. That wilful lack of straight identity meant, essentially, it was too complicated for game critics, not the individuals, mind you—they’re smart people—but the field in which they work.

Individuality and videogames are a square peg and a round hole. We credit work to studios. We judge all games by the same or similar criteria. We refer to artists with the dehumanizing titles “developer” and “designer,” or even worse, “dev.” The lack of diversity in the videogame industry is visible from space, but beyond precluding women, gay people, and people of color, there’s a surreptitious effort, smuggled through customs under the rubrics of consumer friendly or matter-of-fact writing to homogenize and compartmentalize videogames. Everything must have a term and a place. Everything must fit at least some of our pre-existing notions about what games are or should be. So when a game joyfully undermines the conventions of so many genres, a game like The Order, which cannot be easily separated out or discussed like one would discuss a household appliance, it goes misunderstood and forgotten.

Exactly what’s caused this opposition—an opposition expressed through unremarkable often non-confrontational language but an opposition nonetheless—to heterogeneity I could only speculate. It probably has something to do with games still being created by white men, to be reviewed by white men and then either bought or despised by white men. I’d say the gaming industry’s homogeneousness begins at race and gender but extends beyond those things, leading to a culture so blinkered and small that any contrary ideas, even if they come from white, straight, Western guys, must be chased away. We’ve delineated the independent space as suitable for exploration and experimentation, but big budget games are simply not allowed to effectuate and change. That would challenge our stratifications. It would fuck with our minds. Hence the magic of The Order: 1886. Hence the tragedy of its reviews. Something is going on. And until it’s identified and challenged, great, inventive, big budget games will continue to go unsung.

This is not how guns work
a.pomf.cat/jzlwbf.webm

I actually have downloaded the ps2 models for the PC version alongside the Overhaul pack. That doesn't mean I own the actual PS2 version though.

They call it a movie but it's actually just a bad videogame.
A lot of Cred Forums thinks it's a QTE game and not a third-person-shooter.

I would have still bought either version if localized, though I did hear it had English subtitles but I never looked to see if its true

It plays suprisingly well considering how much shit is happening in that game

Was a pretty impressive port too.

>This is backward compatible on the xbox one
>Your favorite isn't on that list yet
Seriously, for every RDR there's like at least three games that no one gives a shit about.

Remember it getting massive hype when I was a kid. Was surprised to learn it never got released (never liked the original putty).

Isn't there talk of Robocod getting a remake?

4u

The second best.
The best is the GC version

Remember reading an interview about this.

They spend $1m on getting Jim Henson's creature workshop to come up with a design for a new mascot character and the company presented that generic as fuck shit to them.

Also, just found this cool bit of info;

"Resident Evil 2 I think is the only cart to have fmv. At least fmv of that quality. games like Starcraft have 1st gen quicktime-quality fmvs, but RE2 for the N64 looks better than the PS1 stuff.

The reason is that RE2 actually had an MPEG-1 decoder chip built into the cart. The game itself was 512 mb (or 64 MB), and I believe half of that was for fmv. they did a ton of tricks, like narrowing the range of colors and dropping every third frame, but when all was said and done, all the FMVs from both discs of RE2 are there, and thanks to the expansion pak, they are in high resolution, too"

it's pretty amazing they were able to do this honestly.

This. They neef to be recognized.

vr-zone.com/articles/one-gamings-forgotten-technical-achievements/77665.html

>This version sold over 1.2 million units, and 100k in 2015. And people say there's no demand for SF on Nintendo again.

user, this was far the least awful title in the 3ds god damn awful launch.

Great game. I'm glad it happened

You know what's also interesting that I actually just found out the other day.

That outfit features the logo of Angel Studios (the logo on Claire's jacket for that costume).

Angel Studios was the company that created the N64 Port of RE2.

Angel Studios was later bought by another little company you may have heard of, and renamed. Their new company name is now 'Rockstar San Diego', creators of Red Dead Redemption.

Holy shit, I've been looking for this fucking game on and off for the last decade. I played this when I was 5 or 6 and it scared the fucking shit out of me when I was a kid.

They deserved it, they worked hard, and worked smart to get what they did done.

gamasutra.com/view/feature/131556/postmortem_angel_studios_.php

I actually really liked Grunty's Revenge. Never played Banjo Pilot though.

anything Cred Forums doesn't like is classified as "not a game"
I saw people saying Undertale didn't have any gameplay when it first came out

Banjo-Pilot isn't bad. It plays a lot like Mario Kart: Super Circuit on the GBA. Same basic principal.

And yeah, Grunty's Revenge wasn't horrible either.

WHAT EVIL HATH KEK WROUGHT?

>Let's make a list of things that are bad and played out in gaming
>Ok, here's the list. Get to work on that game now!
>W-what?

>The game itself was 512 mb (or 64 MB)
How does that even work?

>They deserved to get bought up by rockstar
>Where they're used and abused with unpaid overtime for months at a time
Look up the leaks from the studio after RDR came out, Rockstar is not some nice happy company that pays well and treats employees with respect. It's about on par with EA and Activision.

>It's about on par with EA and Activision.
At least they release good games, unlike EActivision

>tfw the movie is actually pretty good

Oh thats sad. Then they deserve better. I only ever lolked them up because I like to know who these odd logos are at the end of credits, and I had never seen the angels studio one anywhere on a RE2 port.

512 megabits = 64 megabytes

8 bits in a byte

>not the game.com version

>Nintentoddler delusion
Just kill yourself already.

GTAV was mediocre as hell.

Left was the very first GBA game I ever owned. It took me years to beat it cause I couldn't tell which Grunty was the real one in the last phase of the boss fight until I saw a friend beat it

>not naming the file giraffe blowjob

>The reason is that RE2 actually had an MPEG-1 decoder chip built into the cart

No it didn't. This is bullshit I'm sorry to say. No N64 game contained any such chip in its cartridge.

The console doesn't need a fucking MPEG-1 decoder chip. Its GPU has a vector unit called RSP that is more than powerful enough to do MPEG-1.

Post it.

I would like to know more.

If this was possible would it have been possible for the N64 to handle games like RE3 or MGS?

N64 issue was literally only cart space.

And then Nintendo fucked up again with GC disks.

>user is telling me i shouldn't just beleive every bit of shit i read on the internet...

I dont have to listen to this! I'll have you know there are hot locals in my area looking to fuck me!

At least IT got RE3 and MGS...

there´s plenty of differences between the numerous versions. N64 one had tons of all unique features, on top of being a technical marvel for fitting 2 CDs worth of media into a single 64MB cartridge, with on-cart saving too.

GC was good and decent back when the games barely used all the 4gb on disk.

But when games started going over 4gb devs dropped like a rock the damn thing. Or started cutting stuff.

For exemple, Most Wanted on GC have gutted songs and shorter black list intros because the lack of space.

The ColecoVision version was the best version until the NES version came out.

Not just u-use 2 discs??!

It worked wonders for one of the most polished looking game of that generation:

Actually here's the interesting thing.

The FMV in Resident Evil 2 actually was compressed 165:1. That is, for every 165 MB of the original FMV file, they turned it into 1 MB.

If you take into account that they lost half of the video quality, that's say 82:1. The original MPEG-1 usually had a (lossy) compression ratio of 30:1.

So yeah...they basically had to achieve MPEG-2 (DVD video) level of compression on a fucking N64. I can only imagine this required fuckloads of assembly/microcode running on the GPU's vector unit. It's crazy as fuck shit.

Extra costs don't really worth. Since you had to order the disks from Nintendo itself. GC was pretty powerful at time, but seriously Disk space pretty much killed it shorter.

Devs later started gutting textures to make space on the damn thing. Thats why some games looked like shit or same as ps2 despite the gc power.

Does the n64 version emulate well?

>Devs later started gutting textures to make space on the damn thing

I think you're overestimating the amount of space required for a 6th gen game. Most of that data went into FMV or sound. Devs never reduced texture quality to fit in a game, they would just do the RE2 thing and make video or audio more compressed.

samefag

">To look at this challenge another way, let’s put it into numerical perspective. The original rendered frames of the video sequences were 320×160 pixels at 24-bit color = 153,600 bytes/frame. On the Nintendo 64 Resident Evil 2‘s approximately 15 minutes of 30Hz video make a grand total of 15 x 60 x 30 x 153,600 = 4,147,200,000 bytes of uncompressed data. Our budget on the cartridge was 25,165,824 bytes, so I had to achieve a compression ratio of 165:1. Worse still, I had to share this modicum of cartridge real estate with the movie audio.

>Meynik’s solution to this was rather simple, and exploited the limits of detail the human eye could reasonably detect on an SD NTSC screen.

>As he explained in the piece, one of the big things implemented that allowed every cutscene to be included was re-compressing the FMVs to run at 15Hz with interpolation rather than at 30Hz. In effect, every other frame was skipped. This would be noticeable on a PC, or in a console game at a much higher resolution, but difficult to detect on an NTSC SD screen with the gamer sitting some distance away. In addition, the source resolution of the FMVs were scaled down then resampled at a higher resolution when played back."

nope

any N64 game where the devs coded to the metal won't emulate well

How the hell did they fit all the cutscenes on a 64MB cartridge.

Like, seriously. Isn't there an hour or so of FMVs in RE2? I don't think you could compress that down to 64MB today, let alone in 1999.

No joking. Could anyone here, today, with modern tools, webms, etc, actually compress the cutscenes down to, I don't know, 32MB or so. Maybe 48MB? Can it be done?

This is all on you, it's a confirmed fact that the N64 has sound missing, on both PAL and US

I said later, and GC games always lacked of multi language support aside the text.

The texture stuff is more on third party games. And yeah FMV pretty much bloated the disk space at time.

15 mins of FMV

See:

It's not really that much of a feat anymore, compression got a lot better since decoding hardware also got faster. MPEG-4 can do like 1000:1 apparently.

What about the Resident Evil Gameboy Color Port? It even tried to have all those prerendered background.

youtube.com/watch?v=PRCd2VVmLXw

> it's a confirmed fact that the N64 has sound missing

Confirmed by whom? I really can't tell the licker difference.

The Claire intro scare chord yes I can tell, but I don't think the sound is actually gone, it's just changed or sounds different due to compression.

There was a second Marble Madness on the Genesis released only in Japan that was better than the original Genesis port (especially the music).

RE3 might have been possible

I think MGS would just have too much voice work for a cart, they'd probably have to cut a lot of the codecs for it to work.

lads

Is this the power of the PS4?

the codec conversations were already in fairly "low quality", thanks to the fake radio-feedback effect they had on it. They could´ve just compressed them a fuck ton, and have most of it in the game.

Considering RE2´s port fit all its VA, soundtracks, BGs and FMVs into a single cart, and the fact that late RARE games such as Conker had tons of speech and some "real" music thanks to MPEG-3 format becoming reality during their development, MGS1 with it´s pure and "raw" low-poly & res 3D graphics would most likely be an easy feat.

Similarly, it´d be very interesting to see an N64 port of Silent Hill 1, for similar reasons. It had fairly little speech and FMVs, and all 3D worlds with short drawing distance.

What? This? I can't accept this. This is not real.

>devs used to compress the shit out of games to fit the damn thing.
>now the games are bloated mess that can go up to 50gb.

Xenoblade X was supposed to have like 2 disks, about 50 gb since WiiU disks only have about 25gb.

Nintendo stepped down and compressed the shit out of it to fit in one disk. The only sacrifice is that texture work and LoD is shit without datapacks.

But still damn impressive.
But I wanted 2 disks for nostalgia sake ;-;

Yes it does. On the latest version of Project 64 it runs very well

The studio that ported RE2 to 64 went on to make Red Dead Redemption.

>4 and 5 were still tank

???

Here user, skip to 7:50 on the video. The licker should make its breathing sound when its tounge comes out that first time. But it doesn't.

It could be its a PAL issue or a Claire a issue as leon seems unaffected in other vids. Watch:

youtu.be/cZryAOxV5cw

>and GC games always lacked of multi language support aside the tex
Who gives a fuck about third worlders that dont know english?

It was like 90% finished too before it was canceled.

Come on that thing has to suck.

The DS port was pretty good. I got that for 30$ new. The addition of a knife button really helped in those tight spots
There wasn't much else to play for DS at the time too. That helped.

The addedd quick turn and RE4 style insta reload were nice as well. We all wanted that deadly silence 2.....
Portable RE1 made 10th aniverssary god tier, lets hope REmake 2 can do the same for 20th

We got a real comedian over here.

>Kevin
Best outbreak character

>tfw pc port never FUCKING ever even though there is literally no other RE title more deserving and in need of one

Angel studios were more well known for being behind the midnight club and smuggler's run series until rockstar bought them out.

>a jill sandwich is when jill is fucked in the pussy by chris & fucked in the ass by barry...
i thought that was interesting

It does. It's a crazily impressive achievement that it was made at all but it just doesn't work well.

Thinking Kevin will be best in a RE thread, another name for waifu thread.

Outbreak best comin through...

I had one of these and even as a fucking stupid kid who loved Sonic Heroes I knew this was irredeemable shit.

>Yakuza
>not on a Sony Console
No wonder it sold badly.

What in the holy heck is that??

Why the fuck do they port Myst to every platform ever? Why don't they make a new game?

A movie so bad it killed Gramercy Pictures a second time

Didn't Xenoblade X have optional Downloads you could get to make loading quicker?

Woah thanks for the video user. That's weird as fuck, on my version I hear the breathing sound. Just like this video.

youtube.com/watch?v=azMhgLEve14

Either it's a glitch or some versions of the game, or it really is missing in PAL for whatever reason.

I'd clean forgotten about the DS version.

Look at all them Z-correct vertices and that smooth fucking framerate.

youtube.com/watch?v=M2AYCxRYaD0

On a similar point:
youtube.com/watch?v=o1o4iZ69oik
youtube.com/watch?v=iX5BeeGUVWU
youtube.com/watch?v=xsxgE058rrI

>How the hell did they fit all the cutscenes on a 64MB cartridge.
Carmack's levels of computational wizardry

AWESOME game

Kamiya was higher than both of them

Yeah super weird. And i think some user is right about them messing up the claire/annette fmv and using the ada/annette fmv instead.

>be pc master race as a kid
You said it like if it was a big deal. I played all the 3D gta games on PC along with Quake and Doom. Also AOE II and Mythology were too damn good.

Yeah that happened

Iwata literally fixed all the shit from GF in pokemon games till gen 3.

Hell he even helped in melee.

That was a great port

I'm still mad about that

Yuh tha hapun

I keep seeing people saying that RE2 N64 has all the FMV sequences, but that actually isn't the case. The FMV where you meet Annette is always Claire's version with her voice, whether you're playing as Claire or Leon (Ada). It's an extremely minor thing, but that always confused me as a kid since that was the version I played.

The extra stuff don't really worth the shit framerate and resolution.

>Sold 2K copies

Yo nigga that shit happen

>they ported this version, lower framerate and all, to the PS3 instead of porting the GCN version and adding the extra content in
reeeeeeee

Baba has a strange obsession with Sony.

that stick looks like some evil angel rosebuding shit

PSN games are same as ps2 as always, I don't really think that devs are going optimize a bit the games for new hardware.

Sonic Heroes for example is literally same shit as ps2 but even more buggy.

Huh. Doesn't even mention Doom. Just Rage.

Shieeeet...

Not to mention how nintendoed those versions were, no alcohol, no models on covers and most of the violence being removed by waaay less blood and no scars

The 6th generation was a strange one in some ways.

Nobody knows that exists because remembering the N64 version is bad enough.

Many third parties like Konami shat the bad by that point.

The PS1 port looked like shit.

No you don't understand, the HD remaster ran at 30fps compared to the GCN's 60 because they were too lazy to change it when porting the PS2 version.

One of the best Contra games, shame Neo Contra was shit

Really good game too, once you got past the artistic direction.

Also, Shattered soldier was released on a CD, not on a dvd

Don't knock Glover man, that was a good fucking game. Sure, the controls were a little obtuse, but the gameplay was solid.

any excuse:

youtube.com/watch?v=FV-u5tvQC34

Yeah that's what he meant by "datapacks"

Oh , then blame bameco being lazy fucks.

It's actually pretty good

my mistake

It's a hyperscan, you could kind of view it as ahead of its time as it vastly predated amiibo and skylanders and shit, but it was horrible. It only ended up getting like 3 games, and you basically bought decks of trading cards that you scanned with the system that added stuff into the game.

The scanning, the primary gimmick of the "console", was terrible and you had to swipe the card like 20 times before it worked. All the games were shit too, the one I remember best was a Ben 10 game that was way worse than the flash Ben 10 game on cartoonnetwork.com at the time.

>Having nostalgia for multiple discs

I do not miss that one fucking bit, any more than I miss not having a save feature in video games and other shit like that.

There are many PS2 games that seem to fly under the radar. Just plain weird ones that nobody knows about or played.

I guess that comes with having 3000+ games though.

>Acclaim found themselves in a bit of a controversy, when plans of advertising the title on small billboards on tombstones, adding that "poorer" families might be especially interested. They also said "It's a dark, gory type of game and we thought it was appropriate to raise advertising to a new level

I never get tired of this guy's laugh. It's like music. Risitas is too good for this world.

Acclaim was fucking retard.

Then BMX XXX happened and fucked them in the ass.

Better than Super Circuit

Acclaim was just one retarded thing after another.

>Video game publisher Acclaim Entertainment said Tuesday it will give $10,000 in savings bonds to the first family to have a child on Sept. 1 and name it "Turok," after Acclaim's new game of the same name to be released on that day.

Literally killed THQ, because they though that I was going be the new hot shit.

And then WiiU happened....

Acclaim was getting pretty desperate in its final years, hell I find it weird enough when I see the company's logo on a 6th gen game.

The Wii version was actually pretty successful, where they fucked up hard was thinking it'd be successful anywhere BUT the Wii.

I think the WII version was a huge success, it was the PS3 and 360 versions that sold like shit.

the absolute mad man

A lot of Shovelware and Downgraded ports sold really well on Wii despite publishers denying the shit out of it.

Weird as fuck.

Publishers just wanted the Wii to die

Nintendo was a threat to them

Post what?

And they kinda did.... On WiiU.

But damn, it is quite strange. Seriously, DS and Wii era was sucessful as fuck for Nintendo, but still got fucked in the ass by third parties throwing shit ports and shovelware.

It got some good games but, I still don't understand.

Fun fact: Epic Mickey sold about 2 million copies as a Wii exclusive.

When its sequel went multiplat it barely broke 250k

>tfw selling your daughter's tombstone as advertising space

It makes you wonder: If Nintendo ever goes third party, how much fucking marketshare are they gonna eat up? No one will bother making a platformer, kart racer, or anything they dominate ever again because they'll never reach that amount of success

CoD3 already had last-gen version that made for an easy cashgrab port, porting CoD4 required some amount of effort.

Speaking of CoD and Nintendo these were actually pretty good for what they were, great if you got tired of MP Hunters

I liked it, but only payed $9 for it. Is really not that bad.

>You go back to see it 10 years later
>Advertisement is still there for a game from a defunct company

It's more likely that they didn't think the effort to port COD4 to a weaker console was worth it. Particularly with a shoddier online infrastructure and no support for VOIP. The reason it got the port years later was most likely because at that point anything with COD on it was a license to print money. Keep in mind that COD wasn't some massive overpowering franchise before 4. It was just another WW2 shooter, one of the more well regarded ones, but still generic as hell.

Indies will always make platformers, since they're so easy to make and versatile. Even if Nintendo went multiplat, other platformers would still be common.

>Indies

Nintendo is anything but dumb, they know how stuff work and most of their games have critical acclaim.

They really could eat a lot of big Publishers pretty easy.

Too bad, they said that if they go down they going bury everything with them.

And I kinda don't want because monopolies are bad as fuck, Publishers and Sony/Microsoft already fucks everyone in the ass, removing Nintendo would remove the balance of this shit.

Yeah, it's really to be expected with its large library. A shame, but that's just how it is.

Epic Mickey had great marketing and the "hardcore" audience were shilling it because it had Warren Spector on board. When it turned out to be mediocre at best, the sequel was doomed to shit sales, regardless of what platforms it came out on or even the quality of the game itself (which wasn't that great).

It probably doesn't help that most of those 2 million who played the first realized it wasn't really that good of a game.

What other companies are making platformers other than indies and Nintendo? The last decent budget platformer I can think of was Rayman Legends which flopped hard and will never get a sequel.

>Rayman Legends which flopped hard
I dunno, maybe releasing that the same week GTA V came out had something to fucking do with it?

Ironically, it sold more on WiiU than other platforms.

Despite the delay and the port announcement. Also, the game got delayed because microsoft policies on multi plat games on their consoles.

It must launch on same day as other consoles.

What is this?
Why does he fight with a crack pipe?

Sony made that really good Puppeteer game no one played.

>It got some good games but, I still don't understand.

Well the gaming press were putting out the message 24/7 that the Wii was a fad and ANY TIME NOW it's gonna stop selling. They started saying this from like January 2007 even though the Wii kept selling well until 2011.

So third party developers never wanted to take the "risk" on the Wii (even though the idea of risk was kind of ridiculous - at one point Wii had outsold 360 and PS3 combined) just in case they invested a lot of money on the game and the Wii "fad" happened to end when the game was released. Also they believed the Wii audience were dumb as fuck casuals who couldn't be relied on to consistently buy the latest game from EA, so they experimented on dumbed down shit that usually nobody bought, not even casuals, because it was total shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=bMO9U00pZ3k

The animu UNO game.

I remember this and Perfect Dark being pretty fun on GBC

Wonderful 101 had the same fate, launched the same day as GTAV for PS3/360, I have no idea why Nintendo sent it out to die, its one of the best action games I've ever played.

Tolerate the cringy first three seconds and this guy lays it out as concisely as possible.

Based on this, I say it's a toss up between Dreamcast and the Japanese Platinum version.

N64 wasn't great, but it was playable.

And they did same shit on WiiU. DEspite WiiU having a headstart and better hardware as ps360 at time.

Also ,you need remember that Nintendo don't throw mad ad deals with publishers and devs. It ends on a endless cycle.

Sony is stupid as fuck when comes to IP, when some IP sell well they keep milking it till everyone is sick, till they get a new goldmine and do the same shit.

But when it sells poorly they ignore the shit out of it, or give it less attention.

Gravity Rush is getting a new game but it don't get that much attention as other stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=TQGlB1LITGA

fuck me forgot link

WAT

Why does this exist? It makes no fucking sense at all.

There were two reasons why the Wii stopped getting major support and they're both common sense. There's no conspiracy here. One is the obvious difficulty in porting things since the console was so much weaker and only had one analog stick. The other is the fact that online multiplayer became the biggest selling point for console games last gen and the Wii had the worst online infrastructure of the three consoles. Lord knows why godawful online multiplayer that relies on P2P and fucking matchmaking became popular, but it did.

I really don't take people seriously when they say "People bought the Wii and played Wii Sports and never touched it again"

Nintendo had multiple games that sold in the millions on the Wii. Fucking Mario Kart sold like 30 million units alone. And yes that game was bundled with a few Wiis, but that still doesn't explain games like Brawl, which was never bundled and sold 13 million units, or Mario Party 8 which sold like 8 million units. The Wii really was a money maker for them

Desperation makes you do a lot of stupid shit in a last ditch effort to stay alive.

A recent example would be literally everything THQ did in 2012.

it´s funny that people still jizz their pants of the canceled RE1 port, but do not even usually remember THIS thing, which WAS actually released.

The 10yo me was excited as fuck for the idea of being able to play RE anywhere I´d go back in ~99. And it could´ve worked, with a bit more work.

W101 got fucked more because the retarded ass NoA marketing staff.

They tried to push the digital version for some reason, and the game barely had Ads.

Also #FE got same fate by having stupid maketing stuff.

Wii Had classic controller, and later classic pro, yet they still keep pushing the retarded waggle or just shoving the game with wiimote + nunchuck only.

>page 223

My WiiU backlog is getting longer and longer. I really need to beat that, MonHunt, Zelda TP HD, and everything else I got for it.

Too bad I let a club borrow it for the school year to play Smash bros.

That's some hardcore alex jones conspiracy shit right there

>And they did same shit on WiiU. DEspite WiiU having a headstart and better hardware as ps360 at time.
This is so fucking true.
>Hey, let's make a Arkham City port almost a full fucking year later!
>Let's make a Mass Effect 3 port around the same time the other consoles were getting the whole trilogy!
>Let's reskin our old sports games and call them new!

W101 had a full nintendo direct and magazine ads. It didn't have amazing marketing, but there's no way you can succeed when you launch the same fucking day as a GTA game.

Wii had those controllers but unfortunately almost no one who owned the console had them. If you wanted you game to sell, you needed to support the most widely used controller setup, which was the wiimote + nunchuck and that was a hard setup to port games to.

Even worse, WiiU ports of EA sports games was the same shit as Wii and PS2.

INB4 the legacy versions.

You damn right m8

well super circuit was kinda shit

So how much did MK8 sell anyway?

7 million units.

AKA almost 2/3rds of the people who own the fucking console.

Just be warned, W101 has a high barrier to entry. Before you play it, watch some of saur's tutorial videos on it. The in game tutorials really aren't sufficient to understand how to play. Once it clicks though, its absolutely amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=sdHbPXNJvVE

As now around 7.7m according to wikipedia.

Splatoon Sold like 4m.

EA is one of the few cases where the conspiracy nuts actually have a point. After Nintendo turned down their push to have the Wii U use Origin, it really seems like they did everything they could to tank the console. Provide utter garbage ports of garbage games and then completely abandon ship.

>NGAGE
oh god. I remember going to a gamestop as a kid and seeing one and thinking it was going to be the greatest thing ever. Glad I couldn't afford it.

Im still disgusted at how much hate the gaming media and "hardcore" gamers directed towards the wii, its like they never knew how much atari fans hated the "casual" nintendo players and how much nintendo was destroying the medium with story driven games like zelda and FF

This game was released late in the NES' life span. So, many might not know it exists. Much like Ducktales 2.

Well, Most Wanted port is pretty good by having higher res textures in comparison to other consoles well as having some DLCs on the disk.

Also it ran a bit better.

But yeah you are right, EA wanted the damn thing Tank hard.

ALL OF THE DAY

As if Mass Effect 3 being full price when the trilogy was available on the other platforms for less than that wasn't a tip off.

youtube.com/watch?v=6o47N-aYd08

>Bought 2 PS Move controllers.
>They were way better than Wii controller
I had fun, but it wasn't a wise investment. I wonder if I could do a ghetto VR using Google cardboard and them now.

Ubisoft said that WiiU had no userbase despite ZombiU selling 1m.

For a new IP this is quite a feat.

There was also the whole Crysis 3 thing, where the developers had the whole thing running on the Wii U and waiting to be confirmed for release, but couldn't because of "feud with the companies" or something like that.

???
Not white haired goth. Someone already addressed this, luckily.

wow that's amazing that japan got call of duty 3 in 1899

I had one of those "How to Win at Nintendo Games" that covered this game. Was always curious on trying it since it looked pretty good in the black and white pictures.

Book had this bitching cover with a girl with a laser pistol and a dude with a sword and shield staring down this giant abyss with an eye in it.

>new IP
Zombi isnt a new IP

Nintendo was too pushy with the stupid tablet on the WiiU. You can't just play the game/use the console with the Pro controller, you have to use the tablet in conjunction with it.

>One is the obvious difficulty in porting things since the console was so much weaker

1) It's really not that difficult for a game like COD4, which runs on a fucking enhanced Quake 3 engine.

2) Getting shit working on Cell is harder than any downporting to Wii.

>Ubisoft said that WiiU had no userbase
I find that hard to believe since they've generally had a lot more support for Nintendo consoles (that isn't shovelware trash) in recent years than other big publishers.

But honestly, the Wii U really doesn't have that big a userbase. Denying that is denying reality. ZombiU only sold well because it was a launch title, one of only two games that were actually exclusive to the console at that point.

youtube.com/watch?v=8bcv1VBuBfw

They're better than the regular controller but the Wii Motion+ completely shits on them.

this is the cancelled version. As far as I know, only way to get it is to emulate it now.

Gaiden is the only RE game available otherwise.

Ubisoft is fucking retarded. They went out of their way to make sure Watch_Dogs on WiiU bombed just to make the "well nobody buys mature games on the console" excuse.

>release it with no additional features months after the original release
>full price when other versions were down to 30 or less at the time
>no DLC included on disc and not even all DLC available for purchase
>release it the same fucking week as SSB
>runs worse than the 360 version and only slightly better than the decrepit PS3 version

Wiimotion+ literally fixed all the problems from original Wiimote.

Too bad, Nintendo didn't want ship the damn thing with original wii because reasons.

fucking 1vs100
I remember getting into parties with friends and a few friends in person and playing this shit live. Honestly it was some of the best "fun" i've ever had, in a strange way. Shame its gone.

You do realize that running on a heavily modified Q3 engine doesn't mean that it has remotely similar system requirements to Q3, right? Source engine is a heavily modified goldsrc engine which was a heavily modified Q1 engine. But you're not going to be able to get Half Life 2 running on a 486.

>2) Getting shit working on Cell is harder than any downporting to Wii
Which is why the PS3 had the same issue of lack of ports early on in the generation. But the online infrastructure and normal controls made it a more attractive option than the Wii. And I'd wager Sony probably funded some ports themselves which Nintendo would probably never do outside of extreme cases like Minecraft and Terraria.

oh yea? what were the older games, I'd LOVE to play them!

There's banjo-kazooie game for phones.

5 seconds on google

what the fuck is wrong with his voice?

Ow i didn't knew, cool stuff.

But well, still don't justify ubi making shit.

>N64 expert here

You sound like such a loser.

Aw shit nigga, this is going straight into my phone.

T.Hanks.

My little sister had that game(s). It seemed pretty shitty to me.

I don't know if you watch CGR at all, but he does a pretty good review of the hyperscan.

youtube.com/watch?v=Iv2-M78m_qI

And the ben 10 game you mentioned

youtube.com/watch?v=Mb9dJ51vVnI

Was she a good fuck?

>You do realize that running on a heavily modified Q3 engine doesn't mean that it has remotely similar system requirements to Q3, right?

That's irrelevant. Obviously the game will have to run at lower settings on Wii because the hardware is weaker.

My point is that the engine can SCALE that low without requiring a major reworking.

man I love classic classic game room

new ones just doesn't feel the same

Out of curiosity, do you have siblings? I'm convinced the only people with incest fetishes are people who don't understand what its like to actually have a sister.

Fuck Squenix and their "new" character designs for mobile.
They just look so out of place.

i have a younger sister and the only reason I don't wanna fuck her is because she's pretty ugly

google only brought up the movies for me. Plus I was being serious. I actually would love to play this game now.

Nah, I do have a sister, I was just asking because its the expected thing to do when someone mentions their siblings in this place

On actual thread posting someone remembers this game? a Gears of War clone made by japanese people

youtube.com/watch?v=YhWhvspJmro

i think this was ported to EVERYTHING.

It can, as evidenced by the eventual port of COD4 for the Wii, but it can take quite a bit of effort to get it to run well. It's not as simple a matter as recompiling the PC version and setting the graphics options to low. The fact that it runs on the Q3 engine is irrelevant, porting anything to anything is a nontrivial amount of work. Look at Ubisoft, somehow they managed to fuck up a PS4 port of fucking Tetris.

I think it was supposed to be a tie on for the european version of dawn of the dead so no wonder.

Legitimately fantastic.

I had the same problem a while ago, what I did was thinking on the cutest girl in my classroom while fucking her and told my sister to keep quiet so I could imagine fucking my classmate better

As the years went on she stopped being ugly and its really hot right now, but now both of us are in a relationship, so we get to fuck way less than before

>they ported this, MW2, MW3, Black Ops and WaW

I don't see how anyone can argue with this. The amount of work that went into porting this to the N64 is proof enough that it is indeed the best port.

This makes me wonder Why Nintendo never got a Proper GTA game port on their consoles.

I would ask for elder scrolls but Todd Pretty much hates Nintendo.

Resident evil on the GBC? RE2 on the N64?

Fuck that, I give you RE2 on the Game.com

youtube.com/watch?v=c5JmSJcFD7E

It's actually kinda depressing that someone must've spent a long time making that game for an insanely shit piece of hardware and the result is both slightly impressive yet total shit at the same time.

They started making the Claire Scenario too, it was going to be released a couple of months later as a separate game but never turned out for obvious reasons.

This. Thank you, I was wondering what was bothering but couldn't tell.

Did they just hire someone who'd never written music in their life?

The version of Pictionary on it is actually pretty fun and a great party game.

WHY IS THERE NO PICTIONARY ON THE WII U?!?!?

I have both a PSP and an NDS, which do I play this shit on?

Also, pic related for the thread.

I would love and kill to see that, someone draw it, now!.

First of anything that hawkeye's in the spotlight of the title

I know someone with at least 3 siblings and they're into incest, not sure about irl.

I owned this. Local co-op worked farily well if you had a better TV, and it was a novelty that sort of worked.

>Diablo 1 got ported to playstation. It was cool but nowhere the same experience as playing on pc.

I owned this too, and actually prefer it to PC because of its "fast mode" that was the normal gameplay at 1.5x.

Because I had already played Diablo on PC to death, it was nice to replay it. Honestly, it just played like any other ARPG at the same [and future] time. Good port.

>isometric pre-rendered graphics
prety cool actually.

Kek, saved.

Never got released.

Goodman and Giamatti are both well respected and popular actors, mate. Just because they're not huge doesn't mean they aren't big.

I played this shit so much.

Apparently this is what Nintendo actually asked for. I remember reading an interview from when the game was ported to PSP.

Send this to the mainstream news and let's all have a good laugh

I'm still mad.

Still sad that this never got released. Could've been cool.

Looks like Playerworlds sprites

>supposed to get DMC5
>get this

>all those shitty mobile ports and mobile games most of Cred Forums probably don't even know they exist.
I don't even know why people are "sad" that licensed games are barely even a thing anymore. Mobileshit are the new licensed games.

Fuck, and I thought Persona 3 was an absolute nightmare when it came to different versions with different content.

Are the controls better or worse? That alone will either make it worse or better than SC.

Kind of a bummer these collections were Japan only

>Our next step is to tell them the human eye can only see 5 hours
Holy fuck my sides

The game had several major flaws
>riddled with QTEs
>terrible pacing (Leon's campaign for example had two last chapters of nothing but bossfight after bossfight)
>repetition (Chris's campaign and Jake's campaign have the same fucking level)
>that fish thing fight in Leon's campaign expects you to shoot the TNT before it's anywhere near the fish thing's mouth, completely going against Jaws logic
>Jake's campaign only has one boss over and over
>no fucking ammo in Chris campaign final boss
>Piers dies ;_;

This game's only redeeming quality is that it's fun to play split screen with a friend and make fun of each other every time one of us fails one of the extremely hamfisted QTEs. I wouldn't even bother if I played with myself.

>Verily
stopped reading right there.

Gaiden would have been better without the RPG style combat, you already had it you could aim at zombies in the normal view just make it so you hit them when you shot

Obduction just came out, fagatron

The castle level had nice music, it was a weird but comfy game to play as a 8 year old with nothing else to do but play video games in your room.

I thought it was ok

I have no idea either.

I get that the DS is a terrible console regarding sound, but come on

I still wonder why they didn't.

I mean, bully had a Wii port, I think that any renderware GTA game such stories or San Andreas could ran on main consoles.

And they skipped WiiU.

I heard it was because some assets were lost at the last minute, so they redid some tracks and that was the result, but I don't know if it's bullshit or not.

Bioware was bought by EA at time. I think that kinda counts.

>graphics actually look better than the PC/Console version

Mk. III has all the soul sucked out of it now he's gone full Patreon.

I had this, sold it eventually, and found it last year at a flea market for like $3 so I picked it up, case and everything.

This thing gave us sexy remade skins, models, textures, and maps. Unlike Condition Zero, this was consistent throughout the entire game.

That was the first version I played because I didn't have a PC that could run it. Wasn't that bad. The loading times sucked though. The 360 Orange Box version was a vast improvement, though.

Reminder: this game actually features Brianna Wu as a character.

Faggot, you posted FOUR fucking posts of word salad gobbledyshit without pictures on a picture posting forum, and you have the fucking gall to complain about two people bitching about your fucking shit spray of pure autism?

Eat a cock and die.

wtf is this and why haven't I seen it before

yeah this ''game'' exists

mega.co.nz/#!Ew9gjSzR!xdJHUvRN6ojQp_08CO5abQc6kqc_iSkmGEddEMwFnzk

have no idea how "translated" it is, but worth the try.

what? as a voice of a character or something?

Its actually a good one, seriously, only a hardcore gger that never played it would hate it for no reason.

Thankfully just the likeness.

It's part of Game & Wario.

jesus, Im glad that game bombed hard

The best console to rape feddies on smash

Here billy I got you that castlemania game all the speedy gamers go on about

The actual reviews are still fine, the problem is that he's doing tons of irrelevant horseshit no one wants.

the spics also had a 360 car
youtube.com/watch?v=0ME8roLWCRw

What the fuck did they do to the lickers

I should really play Grunty's Revenge again, I've been putting it off for years.

the guitar part always slipped out while i was playing. it fucking hurt to play on top of that. feel like a retard for buying it.

I won Worms 3D playing this once.