Why doesn't Rockstar make another survival horror game...

Why doesn't Rockstar make another survival horror game? Manhunt was a good example of how to make a game of that genre grounded in reality.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ymI3SU3jHRo
youtu.be/USurJS-NB2Y
thepiratebay.org/torrent/5272258/Manhunt
youtube.com/watch?v=_cLpnTY_Crs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

LISTEN UP YOU LIMP DICKED FAGGOTS

Manhunt 2 might be the worst stealth game I've ever played.

I can't figure out the water temple.

So what was Piggsy exactly?

Wow, that's one big oink oink.

Manhunt 2 kinda sucked honestly. Manhunt is great though

Did anyone ever tell Rockstar that pigs don't have straight tails?

was always hoping R* would make a madmax game

Manhunt 1 was and will mostly likely always be one of my favorite games of all time. It's been a long time since I've felt that kind of immersion and tension without the need of cheap jumpscares like so many games have these days. It's a damn shame that, in the current environment, not even Rockstar would have the courage to put out another game like this.

I can still read this in his voice! Good times.

I can listen to the hunter dialogue all day honestly.

All of cut content from Manhunt 1 looked really awesome too, shame it didn't make it through.

I always did enjoy how everytime Cash got caught in the end they just stopped trying to knock him out

Is anyone better than the Smileys?

youtube.com/watch?v=ymI3SU3jHRo

Literally a big fat naked crazy person wearing a pig's head.

so what exactly was the deal with MH2? what did it do wrong?

Smiley #6 is the best

So what was the story behind Manhunt?

Was Cash just in a city full of crazy gangs?

I never played any Manhunt game
Anyone got a torrent for the first one ?

They are not making new games no more since the microtransactions of GTA V made them mega rich. Fuck u Rock(star of David)

Yes because R* has always had a yearly release cycle, fuck off you mong

nearly every year, yeah. they haven't even announced anything since gtav

No his shit was cash so the gangs wanted in.

Think the, Goose Who Laid the Golden Egg.

One two buckle fug shoe three four cut up a whore

They did. They released one game per year until GTA V, and all of the games were pretty much good or better (arguably Manhunt 2 is not, LA Noire was interesting in my opinion). I also left out Midnight Club because I don't know when they came out.

2001: GTA 3
2002: GTA Vice City
2003: Manhunt
2004: GTA San Andreas, Red Dead Revolver
2005: Warriors
2006: Bully, Table Tennis
2007: Manhunt 2
2008: GTA IV
2009: GTA Chinatown Wars, GTA Episodes from Liberty City
2010: Red Dead Redemption
2011: LA Noire
2012: Max Payne 3
2013: GTA V

Those were the times where they could make "simpler" games with shitty graphics but great mechanics, innovation and interesting themes. Now they can only make huuuuuuge open world games with multiplayer and DLC of course.

damn, I'd totally forgotten about Manhunt
I need to play it, it's like a piece of video game history

This is why.

Snuff film director has cash kidnapped and uses cash as the star in his new films.

The gangs are hired to hunt him.

youtu.be/USurJS-NB2Y

thepiratebay.org/torrent/5272258/Manhunt

youtube.com/watch?v=_cLpnTY_Crs

Dear god, the sounds

Holy shit that looks bad. I always wanted to at least try out MH2, but now... not anymore.

That's his peanus weanus

It focused too much on the executions, which are the highlight of the game for me, the atmosphere wasn't especially tense, since you're the scariest thing in the game halfway into it, and you never felt especially outnumbered or fucked, as the encounters were mostly based on really iffy stealth and encounters featuring a couple enemies at best,

Even back then, Rockstar was close to a mutiny because most of the staff felt sick working on Manhunt1.
It's still a fucking stellar game though.

I just want a gta with lots of horror and just general creepy things in it, the ghost on the mountain, the serial killer sidequest, the markings and shit on top of mount chiliad and the cult related stuff are examples of the kind of stuff from 5 that I would like to see more of

It's a great game.
It's kinda sad that the game itself was overshadowed by all the controversy about the violence. I worked at EB Games when it was released. This is the only game where the manager outright said "you HAVE to check the age of the people buying this".

The game is more than just violence. You feel vulnerable as hell at times and the enemies can be some scary bastards. It has some solid stealth gameplay - I love the way they included the mic into the game, if you wanted to use it.
That said, I do think the violence was a nice "reward" when you finally got an enemy where you wanted him.

Well son, that's not a tail, it's his dick.

And even if it wasn't, pig tails come in 3 different types. There's curly, kinked, and straight. It's thought that curled tails were bred into pigs when they were domesticated for aesthetic purposes or to make it harder for other pigs or animals to get into fights and rip their tails off.

Actually I feel rather ambivalent to it.
I played it in 05 or 06, we just got "fast" internet in my bumfuck nowhere village and since it's banned in my country, I had to get it via filesharing.
I had watched a tv report on it, which only made me want it more - I was one of those edgy gore kiddies who religiously watched all splatter and gore movies one could come across.
Anyhow, I finally got it. Playing it was even more tense than fapping, as if I would be caught fapping, well, awkward but no biggie (and I didn't use any "hardcore" stuff back then), but this one would have gotten me in big trouble.
During my very first playthrough, I was thrilled by the difficulty; it was one of the hardest games I had played until then, especially when the soldier type enemy began to fuck my shit up. I distinctly remember the subway part with enemies behind doors; I think I have tried it ten or twenty times.
The violence on the other side... It became boring. You can only bust so much skinhead skulls before it becomes stale. That fucking scrapyard. Sneak behind him, wait for the red cross, batter his head off, repeat. And later with the soldiers I wasn't even able to do stealth kills and I think it was the mansion backyard where I just blasted my way through as much as I could.
Some years ago I tried to replay it, but I already got bored in the first level or so.
Now these threads made me want to try it again, but I am still sceptical.