andrearitsu.wordpress.com/2015/08/01/just-how-did-sonic-2006-happen/
youtube.com/watch?v=JtEkUmYecnk
youtube.com/watch?v=s1c_hMjS9dk&
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Blue sonic arms

WHOO

FEELIN GOOD!

2D sections removed entirely for modern sonic

That it's better than Generations. Generations showed that pandering to nostalgia was a big step backwards for the series' design.

go fuck yourself, Generations was way better then the garbage they've been shitting out for previous decade before Unleashed.

Bringing jason back is definitely a dream

Generations did a lot of things noticeably worse than Colors including but not limited to

- boss structure
- red ring UI
- scoring system
- script

and so on

and colors did this worse than unleashed. the boost games got shittier as time went on. the whole point of the boost gameplay engine is to have extremely fast levels with lots of technical tricks and shortcuts. not slow paced 2D platforming. unleashed is the only one that understood what the point of the engine was. if they wanted to make slower 2D platformers they should've come up with another engine.

>unleashed understood the point of the engine
>if you disregard the godawful wolfhogg sections, that iss

a chao garden

for the love of god sega

no one is talking about the night levels and even then they were nowhere near as bad as the rep gives them. would much rather play those than a bunch of shitty ass colors levels or some classic levels in generations. were talking about the core boost levels of each game. unleashed day, colors act 1, generations modern.

The night levels are pretty bad, don't try to cover up for them.

An actually good final boss, a level editor, and DLC of some kind to keep the game open ended. Expansion is good and sadly Generations didn't have that.

Naofumi Hataya, Junko Shiratsu, and Mariko Nanba do a sizeable portion of the music. Ohtani is great too. Senoue seems to get all the spotlight for some reason though,

they are nowhere near bad. they are out of place and average but no one with a clear mind can say they're outright bad.

>would much rather play those than a bunch of shitty ass colors levels or some classic levels in generations.
fucking Unleashed fags I swear

you guys always shit on everything thing else made afterwards, you practically alienate yourselves

My hopes is that it doesn't suck, my dreams is that it doesn't suck.

But for real, I want a fully 3D game, no 2D gameplay whatsoever, which probably won't happen because Classic Sanic's in the game.

Level design with multiple paths that encourages both going fast or exploring, depending on the player's choice. If the player wants to plow through the stage let him, if he wants to explore for rings, power ups and special stages, also let him.

Gameplay less reliant on boost, but with the mechanic still there, because I like it. More responsive controls over Sonic. Maybe fleshed out parkour mechanics, with more responsive controls, but rather than make it obligatory for some areas, make it an extra traversal mechanic more for exploring than going fast.

More than just playable Sonic and Classic Sonic, put Knuckles, or Tails, or even Blaze as playable characters, but in the same vein as Sonic3&K, where they play similar to Sonic, but with enough individuality to feel unique without being completely different gameplay styles like in Adventure. Each character also having their paths through the stages like in Sonic3&K.

The guy that wrote Sonic Unleashed, or the one who wrote Black Knight, to make the story of this game. I don't know about you guys, but I don't like Ken Pontac's take on the series.

And that's about it.

not one of these things is happening

I look forward to more like this.

Bringing back the Sonic X voice cast will always be my dream, hell I'll even take the Sonic Adventure voices, but it'll never happen
At least they always have the Japanese voices as an option

This.

I know, that's why they're hopes and dreams.

â–¶what's the problem with Sonic friends being in the game?

ah right, good point.

whats this now?

>wanting to hear more of Rouge's 40-year-old hooker voice

No thank you.

There's nothing wrong with Sonic's friends, really. At least, not the core cast.

It's just that they keep introducing so many of them, usually without rhyme or reason.

Personally, I think keeping it to Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream, Blaze, Shadow, Rouge, Omega, and maybe the Chaotix would be fine as far as recurring cast went.

If they really REALLY needed to, they could bring Silver in now and then.

>no one is talking about the night levels
Too bad they're most of the fucking game.
I would rather play any "shitty ass Colors level" over slogging through Unleashed just to get to the good shit. It's the same that bogged down the Adventure games. It's like Sonic Team didn't learn a fucking thing in a decade of making 3D Sonic games.

Werehog should've been it's own fucking game.

i want to hear that, it fits her

theyre split evenly and some can be beaten as fast as day levels. youre like the kids who criticize the old games. you should learn to play the game youre shitting on. another thing, it was worth going through whatever trial to play the next day stage. in colors, it took willpower to just flick the stick up or right to play the next garbage sidescrolling stage they shat out with a level generator.

It's already ruined by including Classic Sonic.

Sonic Mania should be the "classic" game, while Project should be the "modern" one, no crossovers.

THS SO MUCH, HOLY FUCK
they've already done the gimmick once, too

>theyre split evenly

stopped reading there, don't lie.

They're definitely not split evenly. Especially for a first play through. It's fucking ridiculous. You get Sonic for a few minutes and then the Werehog stage will probably take someone at least ten minutes their first time, if not longer.
At least in Colors, you know what you're getting. Even the gimmick stages are still designed around Sonic.

I'm all for changing shit up if it's done well, but Werehog plays nothing like Sonic and does not complement him at all. Something like Super C where you switch between the sidescrolling levels and the top-down levels is a better example, since in both types of levels you're basically doing the same thing but in a different way.

>they're still making sonic games
please stop

It should probably be mentioned that Wii/PS2 versions of Unleashed are a completely different game from PS3/360 versions of Unleashed

which one is better?

who else thought watching the trailer that shadow was going to show up at some point? the beginning almost resembles the beginning cutscene of shadow. but honestly, why the fuck classic sonic? fucking why

each one has positives and negatives, The day stages in the Wii version are really fun though.

PS3/360 version with no contest

lets see then

apotos: 1 day/1 night (bonus: 2 day/1 night)
mazuri: 1 day/ night (bonus: 2 day/1 night)
spagonia: 1 day/1 night (bonus: 2 day)
holoska: 1 day/1 night (bonus: 1 day)
chun nan: 1 day/1 night (bonus: 2 day/1 night)
shamar: 1 day/1 night (bonus: 1 day)
empire city: 1 day/night (bonus: 1 day)
adabat: 1 day/1 night (bonus: 2 day/1 night)
eggmanland: 1 strong act that both share

yup, clearly its one sided to night levels!

HD by far, other one is terrible

hmm

It doesn't matter how many there are when they'll take you twice as long to beat unless you've played them before.

same excuse can be said by those who get soreassed at sonic 3 levels dragging on for 8+ minutes. replaying the game with proficiency shows how short they can be. the rest is on the player to get good

youtube.com/watch?v=fz8wg49o7x4
youtube.com/watch?v=SiMYgxKPs08
youtube.com/watch?v=Oe4b9zGNr0A
youtube.com/watch?v=Wxmp9s-sylU&list=PLE7FFAD820B7E9134&index=3
youtube.com/watch?v=SLmUR_sBFB0&list=PLE7FFAD820B7E9134&index=4

heres the big bad night levels that "mysteriously" take 40 minutes. gtfo

>There's people on Cred Forums that think Colors and Generations are disappointing when in reality they're genuinely the only things of value to come out of this raped and cursed franchise in a long long time

You contrarian fucks never cease to amaze me with your awful tastes.

i wonder how they are going to improve or make project 2017. that party showed that they really want to listen to good fan feedback and improve the franchise, so what the hell could they be doing with this one?

The difference is that Sonic 3 actually plays like Sonic all the way through and doesn't force you to do bullshit you didn't ask for.
It doesn't matter how much you "git gud" when you don't want to have to do it in the first place. There's no reason to alienate your players just to pad the game out. It's shit design. They basically decided "Fuck. We don't have enough money to make a whole game about this shit! Better slap on some other mode that plays nothing like the rest of the game and some other tedious shit to slow the player down!"

>that party showed that they really want to listen to good fan feedback and improve the franchise
The problem is that the fans are fucking retards who don't know what they want. Do you know how many people unironically want a fucking Sonic Adventure 3? Aside from the fact that we essentially got one, those games have aged terribly and the premise for those games is dated as fuck. A clusterfuck like that would be panned today, but that's what we'd get if Sega listened.

Regardless of how Project 2017 turns out, I guarantee Sonic Mania will steal the show. It's literally a classic Sonic game made by some fuckers who actually love classic Sonic and know how it works inside and out. When Sega themselves tried that they gave us fucking Sonic 4.

kekaroo, speak for yourself. i enjoy the night stages because they are versatile just like, guess what, your precious sonic 3. a lot of fights are optional, things can be smashed and hunted for powerups, or you can just run to the end while doing full 3D platforming (the last of the series) and carry on. the game is padded out as you say because only cucked faggots will spend $60 on a 3 hour game. no one outside of fans will do that and the fans are getting tired of that shit too.

>we dont have enough money

lmao, youre saying that resources like time or money are infinite and they can just infinitely crank out lengthy day stages in a couple hours but they just chose not to because they're evil. boy you're retarded. i'll tell whats actual shit design and tedious, all those shitty levels in colors and the missions in generations. at least the werehog got a solid full act of his own. colors couldn't even cough up 2 solid levels for sonic despite each world having 6. what a joke that game is. i haven't trusted the series ever since they pulled that shit. unleashed day stages only....my fucking ass.

sonic the hedgehog 2006 plays nothing like the first two adventures though. the reason it was made so terribly is because sony and microsoft kept pushing them to release it. if you watched very old trailers you can see some gameplay of the exact same game we got except it looks so much better.

sonic adventure 1 and 2 had better maneuverability than sonic colors and generations. i'm not saying the adventure series is better, but they shouldn't be going backwards. how sonic and shadow played was the best they have ever been in 3D. in sonic generations/colors he feels very stiff, so they need to improve that in the new game.

sonic fans do know what they want, but the problem is that they listened to everybody. "please give sonic a sword" so they gave him a sword. i'm saying they are definitely thinking smarter now. sonic 4 was the result of a creation in which they lost the assets for from the previous games, and not the same exact people ended up working on it.

>sonic the hedgehog 2006 plays nothing like the first two adventures though
>hub world
>multiple stories that eventually come together
>serious business story
>clusterfuck of different characters with different play-styles
It was definitely taking cues from the Adventure games.

sonic adventure had a hub world, and the only hub in adventure 2 was the chao garden.

sonic the hedgehog 2006, the way the characters play don't play anything like the first games except for the fact they are both open 3d models that can run in all directions. which is what i was talking about, i never said they wren't taking cues from the past games. but it's a fact that it wasn't intended to be the next adventure game, and in the party they specifically said they wanted a new adventure 3, in which they said there might be in the future.

I think you're the cucked faggot, since you're letting them take a giant fucking shit down your throat and defending it on the internet.
If the meat of the game is only a few hours or so, then I'd rather just have that than the developers wasting my time with shit I didn't ask for or tedious bullshit to progress. It's not going to make me feel better if the game is longer if it's not for anything meaningful. Waste of fucking time.

I've spent far more time in Colors and Generations than I have in Unleashed because the games actually let me play the game how I fucking want to. Plus with the Unleashed Project, there's no fucking reason to ever touch Unleashed.

Is there a more divisive game?

Sonic Adventure 2

I actually really like this game. It has it's problems, like level design shitting the bed for quite a few levels, but if they made a sequel and fixed everything up, I'd buy it in an instant.

I enjoyed Lost World. I thought most of it was neat. Actually felt like a 3D platformer for the first time in years. I was looking forward to a sequel that would iron out the flaws, but it looks like we're getting more boost.

its not shit if i enjoy it. maybe we just dont understand each other. sonic 3 is my favorite 2d game but i have your reaction when i see utter retards defend shitty fucking levels like marble garden, mushroom hill, carnival nights, sandopolis, lava reef, and death egg.

i enjoy "earning" my levels so to speak, as someone who grew up with an n64 and the beginning of 3d platformers. its actually cool in a way how they focused the day for displaying sonics speed and the rest was setup as a regular 3d platformer. maybe its not for you but it did the trick for me and i loved all the content it had and it also told a full story instead of the story being one bad joke after the other with surfer sonic sounding bored. you clearly have spent more time in colors and generations since you have the gall to call them better but if thats what you think then i cant change it senpai. ill just be waiting over here for a new sonic that will top unleashed (hint: its not happening)

i am liking the 3ds version, and the 3ds version of sonic generations. although in sonic generations i couldn't even get out of a pit due to the shitty physics for classic sonic. i got them both free btw

i want to get unleashed again for ps3. i liked the werehog too.

Parkour was such a cool idea but how could they have made it so underutilized?

Really a 6-7/10 game, not bad but really could have been better. It also got too gimmicky at times.

Also 3DS version's special stages were the worst from any Sonic game in the franchise and I say that with pure confidence.

if you can i recommend the 360 one. ive 100% the game on 360 and ps3 and the ps3s framerate is really inconsistent and if you get into the dlc some of the optimization for ps3 dlc is awful. theres also a weird random input lag that ps3 unleashed has that the 360 doesn't. every sonic game but unleashed 360 and colors wii (speaking of last gen) has this weird delay problem where it randomly skips a press i've noticed. its also a matter of time before the game is backwards comp on xbox one if that means anything to you, since the other sonics are. just some observations from an autist who really enjoys unleashed desu.

holy shit i forgot about those. i did one of them. i was in my fucking bed at like 2 in the morning. and i was like what the fuck, so i had to get up in the dark and i was turning everywhere in all directions. the controls were fucking shit and he barely moved. but i can say that i am enjoying the regular stages, although the bosses that interrupt the stages are also terrible.

Unleashed is garbage all around. The daytime stages were way too linear and full of QTE's. Colors and Generations improved on the formula and were much better.

>full of QTEs
you aren't even fucking trying.
>press b to slide!
is a fucking QTE? get your fucking head out of your ass dude.

Sonic mania, oh wait

For it to be canceled and Sonic ended.

linearity isn't a bad thing. it "improved" (whatever that means) at the cost of the stages themselves sucking ass. the qtes are immensely satisfying because of the sound effects and how they're presented.

>Sony and Microsoft pushed sega to release sonic 06 early
No they fucking didn't, only sonicfags believe this garbage. That makes no sense whatsoever. Sega alone was responsible for releasing the game unfinished

They did have QTE's retard. Half the time when you're launched off a boost ramp you have to hit like a 3-5 button combo

I love how much it resembled nights, to the point they made a fucking nights themed dlc. Thats about the only good thing from the game though

ah, my apologies. i forgot it was SEGA that ruined what Sonic Team were doing. calm your autism.
>And things were not about to get easier as rumours began to circulate that Naka were going to leave SEGA and start his own studio. Though it would take several months before this was publicly revealed, he not only left Nakamura and his team in their troubles, but he took several members of the team with him as well to create Probe, an independent video game studio. Once again the team was downsized and once again they found themselves in more trouble.
>andrearitsu.wordpress.com/2015/08/01/just-how-did-sonic-2006-happen/

That's not a QTE. A Quick Time Event is a small cinematic you don't have control over in which you have to trigger.

I miss that voice, Sonic sounded like he was having so much fun in Unleashed, both ENG and JP dubs.
I really hate the voice he has now, the guy doing him makes Sonic sound like a total unbelievable douche.

for sure man. both audio tracks for unleashed are the height of the series as far as voice acting goes. incredible performances from everyone. amy is so cute in both versions.

Will Bunnie ever be in a Sonic game?

raelly makes u think...

That it's Shadow tier edgy and hilarious because of it

>sonic generations 3ds has sonic heroes special stages

Should I do a "it says here" thread or no?

what?

The sonic heroes special stages were abysmal shit though
More often than not you get stuck on the collision during a curve which completely kills your speed to an irrecoverable low

going slow is kind of fun

This.
Although Lost Cause 3DS's ones are complete cancer, Heroes did it first. Fuck that game's SS, it killed my want for anymore "Half Pipe" SS, which I already didn't want anymore of them pass Sonic 2. It was fine then, but Blue Spheres are vastly superior.

Reveal would have been much better if it was Mega Man or something.

I'd like it more if the controls were the same in 3DS version. Sonic controls much better in that game but the level design is ass.

I can't really stand Lost World in general, what a confused game.

this was the best possible outcome but of course it didnt fucking happen. they should have formally split the series into 2 branches like they tried in 2010 but failed. this would have been the perfect time to reintroduce sonic after they put him through the grinder of making a garbage game on a console no one owns and then introducing the wii u. introduce a straight up real classic game and then continue with actual 3D games in the vein of adventure and unleashed. those fucking stubborn chinks will never fucking learn

Nah, they were great. I loved boosting to the emerald and trying to get all the balls.

Act of god mass HDD failure and Sanic laid to rest.

bump for sonikku

Colors/Generations gameplay with new levels.

It's literally all I want.

Please ignore the Unleashedfag.

high chance youre getting that

the original sonic riders is the only good sonic game, you can't prove me wrong

the original dick your mom sucked was mine, you can't prove me wrong.

you're not right, but sonic riders is my favorite sonic game, so i'll let you go with a pass

i can't, but i guess you're underage so you're probably wrong

contrarian posting at its finest

>sonic has all stats at maximum and avoid all fights
>but muh game can be finished in 10 min, saw it on a speedrun
No, night sections are still shit

Remember that the writers of the new Sonic games are the guys who wrote Happy Tree Friends.

I shit you not.

>Gameplay looks to be the same old
I wish.

proof?
beside
>Sonic Games
>writing
ho wait
>le Happy meme friends
>writing

I stopped playing at "&knuckles" on PC and dropped it after that when i saw what came after.
Waayyyy later i bought sonic generations. MY first reaction was
>who the fuck are all of these guys
>i hoped for maybe the ones from the cartoon but not these

Too many, too many literally whos, all of them too dumbed down and friendly, not even a single interesting character.

Literally fucking google it retard

>proof?
Look up Ken Pontac and Warren Graff.

I'd rather google your mom lmao

Knuckles better Chuckle in it or else we're gonna have a problem

Cred Forums Pass user since July 2016.

>Being excited for a 3D Sonic game

I really don't understand you guys...

Sonic Colors and Generations were good.

I want a 3D game that is good and fast while also being a platformer and not as braindead simple as generations/colors/unleashed 3D segments, and I want Knuckles and Tails playable in the main game as alternate playstyles that are still similar to Sonic. Knuckles in classic sonic is fucking awesome, and if you cheat to play him in Sonic's stages in Adventure 1 it's quite fun.

>take the worst special stages from classic sonic
>make them way shittier
>make you beat all of them and beat the game 4 times for the last level

A song by crush 40

It's a Sonicfied Mario Galaxy but somehow misses the mark on everything that makes Galaxy so good and what makes Sonic fun. Trash in all regards, except performance. It's a really polished game with no real technical faults and such.

>electric guitar kicks in

>watches trailer
>was actually a bit hyped
>Classic Sonic appears
>lost interest

I don't see why they said it's not Generations. It's pretty clear that it is

This. My stomach literally fucking dropped. It's just going to be the exact same as generations except with new levels. I'm so sick of boost gameplay, we need to go back to Adventure, or maybe improve Lost World's gameplay.

hopes and dreams
>sonics shitty friends are back and implemented in a meningful way
>slope physics
>open and interesting levels that allows for exploration
>good writing
>no 2D gameplay
>no wisps
>they don't play it safe and actually changes things for the better
>sonic team has a deep understanding of what people like about sonic and know how to progress the series accordingly
>it's not generations 2
>the game turns out great

expectations
>sonic, tails, knuckels and their "classic" versions are playable
>maybe amy shows up but she doesn't do anything meaningful
>linear levels with pretty backgrounds
>mediocre platforming sections connected by scripted on rails boost sections
>spongebob tier writing
>half the game is shitty 2d sections that will only show how bad sonic team are at making them since mania will already be out
>at least wisps are gone
>they tack a new shitty gimmick on and call it innovation, people will use it as another example of why they shouldn't try anything new ever
>sonic team has no idea of what people like about sonic beyond "people seem to like [not awful sonic game], let's make that again"
>it's sonic generations 2 &knuckles
>it's slightly above mediocre but most fans will praise it as the second coming of christ because that's still what it will be compared to most sonic games

>spongebob
>bad
Pre-movie spongebob is fucking hilarious you pleb

FLYING BATERY i dont ask for more just put that fucking stage in the game

Shadow as an alt skin once you beat the game. I was a huge Shadow fanboy as a kid so I've always wanted that as a minimum.

i'll admit i haven't watched a lot of spongebob but i remember it being unfunny and obnoxious, maybe i only watched post-movie spongebob

But Sonic 06 and Boom and The Secret Rings and The Black Knight were not.

What are you trying to imply?

this is a a hopes and dreams thread user. wouldn't you rather want shadow to be in the game?

That 3D Sonic games can be good obviously.

Yes if it lets you pick freely between the hedgehogs and its a 3 way bro op with him and Classic Sonic but I mean in terms of a feature of little effort I'd like in every game that's just Sonic.

>Playable Tails
gay as fuck

>gay as fuck
And?

All I want, all I really want, is just a damn online racing mode. Fuck, boost 3D is the best chance to do a Sonic R 2 or even SA2B multiplayer races since it's already closer to a racing game than a pure platformer. And shit, y'all remember -that- mission in Savannah Citadel, right? A mode full of those tracks with multiple characters and maybe some items would be the tightest shit.

Jason Griffith is fucking awful at anything he's ever voiced.

h o l y s h i t

The thing that killed this game the most was that 100 rings didn't give you an extra life, and because the game hardly explained anything, you'd burn through those lives quick. Then all the updates came out, and the game was good again.

The End.

this look legit as fuck

Someone mentioned that if they replaced the Warehog with Knuckles and tweaked it a little, Unleashed would have been a solid 8/10. Do you agree? I do, I think I'd be a lot more okay with fighting night stages if I was looking at the familiar red.

spongebob seasons 1-3 are fantastic.

>reddit humor
>funny

If that was a youtube comment it might've been me. I always found it fucking bizarre that they wanted beat em up sections and made sonic a werewolf instead of just using knuckles.

why the fuck would he be nervous about meeting Sonic when he hangs out with him all the time?

Please enlighten us with your apparently oh so cultured and superior brand of comedy then Mr. user

>created before reddit was even around
>reddit humor
?

>ever replying to any post with the word reddit in it

Tails has a huge crush on Sonic if it hasn't been obvious yet

This youtube.com/watch?v=JtEkUmYecnk
is funny

You know, I've never even thought of that before now but now that you mention it, it really doesn't make any fucking sense. Having Knux in Unleashed would've been awesome.

Leave your headcannon out of this, they're close friends, practically brothers.

No need to be so insecure about it

Now that's what a bad game is.

yes please

that sonic dies so this can all end

considering Mania is gonna just be full of classic stages, my only hope is that 2017 is NOT, and that it is instead, basically Generations but with original stages

and hopefully a better final boss.

WHY? SUCH A SHITTY FUCKING SHOW IS ONLY GOING TO MAKE THIS SHITTY SERIES EVEN WORSE

Colors was well received enough to keep them.

He already died in a game once. It'll end nothing

?

Instead of wooshing sound effects, use the amen break in the "boost" versions of music

>generations finally perfects the 3D sonic gameplay
>people still shit on it because they actually "liked" the bad stuff in the other games

a return of the fov increase unleashed did while boosting would be neat too

This

>perfects 3d gameplay
>when half of the 3d missions are still 2d
>when it has boost

Something good.

Between what little they've shown us and Iizuka flying over to keep a closer eye on things I don't have much hope

I like Generations, but it's not really a 3D platformer or a true translation of classic Sonic into 3D.

>Generations
The Classic pandering started with Colors, you memer.

It's fucking shit.

Generations was much better designed than Colours and Unleashed. Even if Unleashed did look better.

Generations level design is much better than Unleashed, which has so much fucking boost to win bullshit, QTEs and shit coming from nowhere. Generations has shitloads of shortcuts and alternate routes.

>theyre split evenly and some can be beaten as fast as day levels
Imagine being this delusional
The HD version. I played the Wii version and it has some of the most bland level design I have ever seen. It's so fucking boring.

>Generations has shitloads of shortcuts and alternate routes.
Silly user, that makes it worse! Less content is better.

The games are built for speedrunning, obviously, so there should only be one path.

>the rest is on the player to get good
But why would people WANT to get good at some discount God of War when they payed for a fucking Sonic game? Just to get to the actual fun content?

He's talking about the ramp QTEs retard

This doesn't really work since it's comparing a 2D game's physics with a 3D game's physics that have a completely different philosophy to accomadate its gameplay.

It would have made more sense to use Generation's Classic Sonic instead, since they're more focused with 2D instead of cherry picking an area from a game where you won't be in 2D anywhere close to even 10% of the time.

As if Lost Cause is known for it's consistency.

>english

I like the werehog as a plot thing, and that Sonic's adventure hardly concerned other characters. Those levels just needed to be heavily revamped. Like first order of business, made much shorter and removing that battle theme.

When was the last time they introduced a new playable character again? I want to say Sonic 06 but surely there was another afterwards?

this

Heroes:
>Good: The most polished 3D sonic with best level design
>Bad: You have to play trough all the levels, with varying lengths, 4 times
>Normal for a sonic game: Music/Audio/FX mix is fucking terrible

06: It would be good, if it had any polish. Instead its a slap mix of Adventure 01 and 02 mechanics, without any effort to improve them

Shadow: No polish, anywhere. Horrible to play unless you invested 20-30 hours into learning everything.
Cool idea, but unpolished execution

Colors: Double jump was a horrible idea, fix the jump physics in 2D instead

Lost World: Lack of idea polish, lots of awkward mechanic decisions

Unleashed: Werehog stages slows down too much, and the combat isn't good enough for it to compensate on its own

Generations: Its fine

SC and F&I have Sticks, but no one gives a shit about those.

The main games have been Sonic only since Unleashed.

I want another cameo of the Death Egg Robot (even a small one) and more Eggman/Robotnik
I'll paste my reply from the other thread up
>I prefer Sonic, solely for dumb nostalgia reasons. I've only played 1 and 2, but the final boss of 2 was the most serious thing in my whole life when I was a kid, playing through the game that took up all my video game time and finally getting past Oil Ocean and eventually going to space and fighting a giant robotnik mecha eclipsed all my other life troubles and became my sole goal.
>Actually I prefer Robotnik/Eggman more than Sonic, I'm listening to the Death Egg Robot theme right now and I have been for the last 2 weeks.
>The fact that the Death Egg Robot is in Generations is making me consider getting it

>Heroes
>The most polished 3D sonic
You better be talking about the characters looking like they're covered in wax.

did you somehow miss the giant Death Egg Robots in 2017's teaser

>he fell for the "Heroes is bad" meme

I want Sally

what
I haven't even seen it holy shit
googling it

All you need to do is play the game.

Chao Garden.
SA3 or a game that actually goes fast.
New hedgehog.
A hard game.

What happened with hunnid-p?

>No 2D sections for Modern Sonic
>Final boss isn't complete shit

If they just do those, it would be better than Generations.

holy shit I just saw and that looks great
I mean they don't have the stylish heads but it's good enough for me considering how many there are and they look almost exactly like the one I see is in Generations
thank you user for telling me this I am very excited

no you don't

Secret Rings: Almost polished and well done. Instead the RPG system looks to be slapped on after, and cripple a lot of the gameplay instead of improving it

Black Knight: The idea is solid, its more polished than Secret Rings. Sadly, its not polished enough to become a 10/10 game, and it has a lot of the issues everywhere with stuff like how the sword homing works
The RPG system is awkwardly slapped on
Playing as The Other Knights is cool, but it doesn't execute that well

Adventure 01: For a game that had 3 years to learn from other companies doing early 3D, it sorta avoided a lot of pitfalls.
For a Dreamcast carry title, it was amazing.
It did manage to copy some of the more succesful ideas of Mario 64, and other early 3D games, such as different playable characters with different stages.

Adventure 02: 90s edgy everywhere. Some improvements from previous game, also some new unpolished mechanics

What about Sonic Rivals?

Boring shit.

>i hoped for maybe the ones from the cartoon

You're right, I want Nicole

It's okay.

Wish PPSSPP would support multiplayer, it does look like it'd be a lot more fun to play with other people.

Now that I've seen the trailer
All my hopes for the game are realized
There are Death Egg Robots

you still don't

Unless you want every character you like butchered by Iizuka and Pontaff, it's best to keep the game and comic continuities seperate.

>it's fun with other players

Literally not what I've said at all.

more eggman
best sonic character

That the game is set in an alternate timeline where Sonic never existed.

What didn't you enjoy about Heroes?
The only flaw it is, its that its the kind of the game is best played with friends or sibling.
So that you play trough some, and they play trough some, and you get trough.

Everyone will agree Team Dark goes completely overboard in length.

Generations and Unleashed didn't have momentum-based physics and that didn't stop people from loving it.

Adventure games did have momentum-based physics and they have mixed reviews.

Stop posting this video.

Werehog's combat being actually faster and not so clunky would have gotten it a ton less shit.

I actually like the idea of a Sonic beat 'em up, if it just played like Sonic Battle but in 3D though technically wasn't Battle just that?. Werehog just feels like he's moving through molasses constantly, in both speed and function, kinda like playing as Chaos IN Battle.

I just wants to stare at their figures

you can do that for free on the internet

>Generations and Unleashed didn't have momentum-based physics and that didn't stop people from loving it.
No, but it necessitates a less robust sort of level design that focuses on running in straight lines with occasional input.

>Adventure games did have momentum-based physics and they have mixed reviews.
They didn't build levels that took advantage of the physics.

Physics aren't everything, but they're one of the most important aspects of what made the old gameplay so good.

"New" playable character? Only one I can think of is Werehog, but before that it was probably Silver in shit like o6 and Rivals.

At least Knuckles, Shadow, and Blaze were all playable in Black Knight's story mode, and Tails popped up in Sonic 4 ep. II

I want official in game renders with physics included

Generations plays the best of the Boost games though, for sure.

The bosses sucked but so did the ones in Colors. When was the last time a Sonic game had good bosses? Rush Adventure?

Colors was held back by wisps being fucking awful.

>hopes

that its good

>dreams

that it's the best in the series.

>No, but it necessitates a less robust sort of level design that focuses on running in straight lines with occasional input.
Then why that guy didn't include theses games in his video?

>They didn't build levels that took advantage of the physics
Sky Highway, Icecap, Windy Valley, Final Egg, Lost World, Emerald Coast.

>the bosses sucked
Aw I was going to get generations because of the death egg robot. Is it that bad there?

Minus the final boss they're pretty decent, honestly.

Ok that's good, I was worried for a second. The only boss I care about is the Death Egg Robot anyway so the others being good is just a bonus.
Which version would you recommend? pls

The alternate routes make Generations a joy to play.

Really the only bad parts of Generations are the shitty bosses, Planet Wisp, and the Heroes level.

PC, obviously.

I should advise you that the DER has a completely different phase 2 in Generations.

PC, for the best performance and mods. Just avoid the 3DS version, it's an incredibly blatant low budget cash grab it's not even funny, also no Death Egg Robot in that one.

Well perfect then, I only have a PC and 3DS and the 3DS one sounds like garbage, especially that last bit

Keep the story simple, like Colors and Generations. We don't need more edgy shit like Shadow or 06

The recent ones are good, that trend will continue dipshit.

Lost World did that and it didn't work

Way too kiddy and light hearted and felt like there were absolutely no stakes.

There has to be a middle ground.

>a story can't be both complex and lighthearted
I want all nostalgiafags to leave the premises.

You say it like we've gotten anything like Shadow or 06 since those two games.

Stories have been pretty much not edgy since Unleashed, and simple and non-serious since Colors.

I'm glad you're having fun.

Also as long it's in there I love it anyway
I'm sure it's fun regardless and if it isn't I'll have fun anyway

I'm glad too
made my day seeing that
I hope you have a good day too

>Then why that guy didn't include theses games in his video?
Because the video isn't what I was addressing. I was addressing your point that games can be good in spite of not having Genesis physics.

>Sky Highway, Icecap, Windy Valley, Final Egg, Lost World, Emerald Coast
There were small parts in a lot of levels in Adventure 1 that took advantage of them (so fair point), but by and large the levels weren't built AROUND the physics, as the Genesis games' levels were.

You can compensate for a lack of Genesis physics with passable level design, and you can't fuck up having the Genesis physics by not building the levels around them. But the best possible world is one where the Genesis physics are present and the levels are built around the physics.

Does that make sense?

Why does it seem like most people don't recognize Starlight Carnival as the absolute worst part of Colors?

because that's objectively wrong?

The song.

youtube.com/watch?v=s1c_hMjS9dk&

I'm just glad they're turning back to past mistakes.

Maybe because the game is garbage and Starlight Carnival is the most memorable stage for its setting.

*not turning back to past mistakes.

Personally I found that song and those level visuals to be the worst in the game, and the gameplay was extra horrible because all of the 3D sections (the only good parts of Colors) were completely on-rails.

kill yourselves

Because Music > Sound effects > Gameplay
So long nothing is too wrong.
If everything is wrong, its whatever grinds the most that detracts the most

he's blue

IKR, like whyy I'm so disappointed fuck this old vs. new split gameplay gimmick. Trying to please both sides is so hard like move on and refine the modern style of gameplay and everyone will appreciate that. And I don't thInk much attention will be given to Shadow or other characters really in terms of gameplay.

Omg what a little fruit cup.

People memorize names of composers of sonic the hedgehog music? Is this autism?

Memorizing the names of composers in video games isn't limited to Sonic, what the hell?

Are you stupid?

You see this kinda shit first and for most with composers like Yoko Shimomura, David Wise or Nobuo Uematsu

I loved it for one reason.

Jun Senoue, Yoko Shimomura and Koji Kondo are literally the only videogame composers i know.

Off topic, but does anyone know HOW the reddit logo was made? Unlike other companies (Amazon comes to mind) it seems to have no relevance to the website.

I can't tell what you're implying, that you're from Reddit?
That knowing video game composers somehow makes you a Reddittor?

Either way, you're kind of a sheltered idiot, dude.
Let's just stop here, okay?

>not GIVE ME THE TAILS

Sonic Generations, but with playable Knuckles, Tails, classic Knuckles, and classic Tails.

Yes I agree

It would be still shit and people would end up hating Knuckles.
Fuck you.

bump for the Death Egg Robot

I want to pilot Eggman's robots