ITT: modern games that surpassed they'a're predecessors

ITT: modern games that surpassed they'a're predecessors

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1475409312483.webm
gamesradar.com/fallout-4-kind-still-running-oblivion-engine-do-not-fear-bethesda-face/
youtube.com/watch?v=iB7E1D_3Na4
youtube.com/watch?v=H3NVPOedkEk
youtu.be/6ujeJulMHCc
youtu.be/UIuC_grsFb8?t=867
youtube.com/watch?v=HfHY4cUKwgI
youtube.com/watch?v=RE6nHc3NiJM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

webm unrelated I take it OP?

i dont get it where's the train

>games that surpassed they'a're predecessors
What does this sentence even mean?
Is is simply that you really canĀ“t write "their", at all, and coincidentally write it in such a weird way wrong, while also COINCIDENTALLY posting the one game people are pretty unanimous about being much worse than even its retarded predecessor.

Or is there some more elaborate meaning?

>much worse than even its retarded predecessor.
New Vegas was great.

got any more webms like this?

No.

How can 1 company be so fucking lazy.

They're not lazy, they're the best RPG developer of ou're time.

Kek, I thought the end of the video was also a bug.

That fucking seamless transition.

Bethesda more like basedthesda

OP's webm isn't really laziness. Devs use tricks like this all the time because the player will never see it outside of bugs or mods. There's no point making full animations that the packaged game won't even use

shh.dont tell them that.
its more fun to shit talk about stuff like that because its bethesda.

IT JUST WERKS

Don't listen to them, they just hatin.

There's still plenty of stuff to shit on bethesda for. The other webms are just laziness and lack of quality assurance

Bethesda tricks thread? Bethesda tricks thread.

That's bullshit, putting a table on the second floor would make it protrude into the first.

Euclidean based culling
If they even know what culling is.

If an object is above the "ceiling", skip any vertices under it.
If an object is below the floor, render what you see.

Bethesda is like Sonic games: everyone wants a reason to talk shit about them, no matter what.

But, to be fair, their games are kinda buggy

That's some quality craftsmanship there, Bethesda does it again.

Remember to buy it before it's sold out ;) It's still in stock

doggo ending is gold

Yesterday there was a thread about game dev tricks. One user pointed out that in a house with 2 floors and a table on the second floor there is always a loading time before entering. Otherwise you won't see a table on a second floor.

>everyone wants a reason to talk shit about them
I don't understand why, they make great games that are fun for the whole family, family.

All memes aside this game only crashed on me twice and I went through the entire game and the DLCs, and I do mean I cleared all the locations.

>They'a're

What in the fuck is this blueberry bitch bullshit here?

T-thats just a feature!

>Hello, my baby

WERKS

Hello my baby, hello my honey...

It wouldn't be so bad if their games weren't buggy unfinished shitfests.
Along with shit writing, mechanics ala hate newspaper, shit gameplay, shit story, lorefuck ups left and right and more.

>inb4 but muh mods
Yes, exactly this is my point. The fans have to finish and fix their games. Every fucking time.

HELLO MY BABY, HELLO MY HONEY, HELLO MY RAG-TIME GAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

I don't see anything wrong with that.

I never encountered any bugs in Bethesda games

protip: if everything had been moving with the ship your fps would have been single digits

and if nothing had been moving you would have chalked it up to le dae bethesda is lazy?

not so smooth todd

>when you are high as fuck in the dorm and you tryna act cool

Can I get some more of these great photos of Rodd

>protip: if everything had been moving with the ship your fps would have been single digits
That's the sign of a shitty engine.

Everything is moving, it's just there are two different moving planes of existence for some reason

> if everything had been moving with the ship your fps would have been single digits
[citation needed]

it's still the skyrim engine, so exactly

I think it looks more cinematic that way.

the thing or parasyte mod

the only reason why i bought DLC was this gun

What a great engine, I'm going to buy 2 more copies to support Todd's lifestyle.

So that makes it okay, how?

This triggers me. The gun is so satisfying to use but that reload..
How New Vegas managed to do proper reloads but bethesda didn't with way more developement time and money I will never understand.

HOW? Literally HOW the FUCK can someone fuck up a reload animation like that?

>Bethesda somehow did anything right in this situation

ANYTHING is moving at all, so assigning objects to that same set of vectors is FREE.
It's not physics, it's not reacting to being hit or freely bouncing around. This is why the entire engine has animations on any interactables instead of actual physics.

are you fucking retarded?
you took a armor that is weighted to the power armor skeleton and put it on the human skeleton without re doing the weights

fucking moron fuck you

>that fucking bug where a settlement cell will keep reset, adding the fusion cores in my PA and change all of them to a t45
Uninstall.exe was the best thing from this game.

Weapon illiterate here, can someone explain what's going on with that reload?

There's a brick weighing it down retard

>you took
Nope. That was all bethesda. More like best-thesda am I right ladies?

>One shot fired
>Load 5 rounds to reload that one shot

Bethesda can't do individual round reloading, EVERY gun has to have a fixed full magazine reload, even when it doesn't have any magazines.

>shoot one shot
>load full clip

it's not bethesda because it doesnt exist in the game lol

memespeak. people come up wirht their retarded grammar and make up for it by saying LOL NEWFAG IT'S A MEME

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1475409312483.webm

Holy shit, now I see, thanks for explaining.

[strength] BACK THE FUCK OFF?!

>it just works

you mean the oblivion engine

Bonus round.
>Fire, eject used round.
>After loading 5 bullets, eject a second used shell, since the animation was designed for an empty gun and nothing else.

prove it

I don't know what you fuckers are talking about. I work Bethsoft QA and it looks fine to me.

But that's not how physics work.

>flatout 4 didn't won any award

Looks like the beginnings of an acid trip

It did, some BAFTA NAFTA award that no one literally gave a shite about.

>Lets waste time animating something that the player will never see

Name one can that does this.

>itt nintenyearolds talking shit about bethesda because they will never get to experience their games

this happens when you use noclip in the armour you cheaty asso bitch :(

>nintenyearolds
Wait, what?

gamesradar.com/fallout-4-kind-still-running-oblivion-engine-do-not-fear-bethesda-face/

prove the creation engine is gamebyro retard

MGSV

:^)

You see the guy jumping in the video.

are you a physician ? then stfu

>didn't won

it stays around after you turn it off or load a save

That sounds like the player's fault, really.

youtube.com/watch?v=iB7E1D_3Na4

Bethesda has no drive and no talent.

I will never understand Cred Forums obsesion with the train hat when other companies do similar tricks.

Name 5.

I think it's actually sorta clever, it's fun to laugh at it though.

Name 5.

>No pump action shotty if FO4
>Remember that FO:NV has glorious pump action

gg toad howfart

Name 10.

Why are New Vegas weapons so great?

>Game released 2 years prior using an engine modified from 2 years before that

Also doesn't help Hammer is shit.
You're forgetting however Half Life ONE in 1998 had a working rail car just fine.

That's a cinder block, asshole

That was actually one of my biggest disappointments with 4. I was super happy when I found a pump action for the first time at that nuclear test site in NV. I love using pump action shotties in games. I thought it was a no brainer that those would be in Fallout 4.

Bethesda's games are disappointing even when you expect to be disappointed.

You are also forgetting both HL1 and 2 had flying enemies, but that didn't stop them from attaching a prop to a seagul and call it a day.
what you are saying is literally "is ok when valve does it"

>A prop constitutes creature logic branching

u wot

>Forgetting Half Life is all about making every creature it's own thing with tonnes of easter eggs and depth that usually gets cut before release
Poor choice of argument there

Like no games do boats right. I guess it's a super hard thing to get right.

Heard you talking shit about Bethesda like I wouldn't find out.

But it just works?

>look at the ground
>FPS drops to 1

what a coincidence, I went to play FO4 and they must've updated the game cause now it's super fucking laggy everywhere

I like how they couldn't even bother with a simple flat texture of 'blood pouring' from the arm that always faces the player, and have the basin also have a flat texture that rises in the bowl. Shit, for bonus lazy points, the basin could literally have been a cylinder with a bowl-shaped top so they wouldn't have to hide the blood texture within.

Recently put near 50 hours into fallout 4 with plenty of mods and did not see any bugs. Thats on top of two other play throughs with a similar time. also without any bugs as far as I remember.

In new vegas I would have had at least a few by now even without mods.

Still think new vegas is better but as far as bugs go its worse.

good taste

youtube.com/watch?v=H3NVPOedkEk

Oh yeah? If Half-Life is so great, how come it hasn't gotten past part 2, when Fallout is on part 4?

>Fires once, reloads 5 bullets
>Ejects empty shell before reload, ejects another shell after reload (one bullet wasted)
>Gun is designed for left handed users, which is rare as fuck and highly inconvenient

>that clip
what the fuck happen?

Is it possible to capture a webm of FO4 without the engine cocking up?

They really just didn't focus on the combat, or the stability of the engine or the story. Or even the character models, the environment or anything but the marketing. They just wanted it out of the door.

A half assed solution is a half assed solution, you can't say is clever because Half a Life

What's the OP for that thread? I wanna search it.

The best part is the sloshing sound it makes.

>physics
>physician

Holy shit

To be fair, SFM didn't exist at that point and scripted rubble/destruction took them shit tonnes of time to get down as an animation that the player could view from any angle and be close to. When particle effects and sound sources are added into the mix, for an "episodic release schedule", the most basic critter logic's node would work perfectly for integrating other systems.

Of course now we can't easily rig up key frame animations in the actual level as opposed to 3DS Max in realtime thanks to SFM so that's not a problem.

>Can't

fug, CAN easily rig up key frames

>tfw the unique hunting shotgun for human enemies and riot shotgun for death class
>tfw that perk that added knockback to every shot fired from shotguns

Imagine if pannenkeok2012 started fucking with bethesda games.

Im gonna have to ask you all to delete everything in this thread or else you will be regarded as a nigger

Is this bait?

This is bait right?

I love coming to Cred Forums for the autism displays like this.

OP lacks any analysis skills and can't determine what is out of place in that webm, but what's worse are the 4 posters separated by several minutes each trying to get the credit for explaining it to him as if the first guy didn't get it right.

>inb4 calling me autistic for calling it out

Same here. It's buggy as hell, but also incredibly stable in comparison to FO3 and NV.

I don't get it, what's the issue here?

You take this "rabid bethesdrone" shtick a bit too far, user. Settle down, you're going to pop a vessel.

Really?

Do tell me what's wrong.

I'll bite the bait

You realize I'm commenting on the posting rhetoric and not anything to do with the game itself, right?

What rhetoric? You didn't even read half the posts you quoted and overreacted to them like they were threatening to kill your mother.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were blind.

That's kinda hot.

fallout 4s biggest mistake was a voice main character and the forced family

You still haven't explained what's wrong.

Both are simple tricks the player won't notice unless he is explicit looking for them, shitting on one company and defending the other is retarded.

In terms of gunplay sure? In terms of being an actual RPG hell no.

Yeah but on one hand, Half Life predates it and uses physics.
Fallout meanwhile fails to use ANY physics except Gimpworks, and even then that's only screenspace effects not actual physics.

ALSO forgetting Fallout 3 is based on decades of Bethesda's development time with their own inhouse engine, yet Valve did more with less and a heavily reworked Quake 3 engine.

not him but in stead of making the cutscenes happen in the game, they instead blind the player and put a movie in front of them.

And what's wrong with that?
It achieves the same thing but is much easier to implement.

Assets for that are already in the game. There's a pool that fills up when you empty some vessels containing the blood of a dragon priest into a bowl just like that, and for dawnguard Serana bites herself in the wrist and blood drips out. Though, this mesh of Serana's blood dripping might be in the dawnguard files.

the blinding part is a callback to fallout 3 where you leave the vault after 19 years and see sunlight for the first time again

all the other cutscenes look fine you big baby

well partly it's because that sequence was shown as being "entierly in game" it being an actual movie file means that's a lie.
Also they flipped the character's head back which is super creepy.

I'm only explaining what that other user's problem with it might be. I don't actually give a shit.

Made me think of this.
youtu.be/6ujeJulMHCc

Wow, shut the fuck up. Goldsrc is based on the Quake 1 engine and Source is based on Goldsrc. There's no Quake III specific code in any of Valve's games, you're probably thinking of Call of Duty.

If it's an actual movie file, does this mean the hands are the same regardless of gender/skin tone?

He also thinks Gamebryo is Bethesda own inhouse engine for some retarded reason.

>it being an actual movie file means that's a lie
so they completely animated from the player's perspective for shits and giggles?

IT

That dog has seen enough apparently

Seconding this, plz.

>Stalker is dead
>every other open world first person game tries to be DayZ, Rust, Arc, youtube horror bait, etc.
>Bethesda is the only studio making first person single player adventure games

this is so sad

Oh they're "adventure" games now? I thought they were still trying to pass this shit as RPGs.

I am sure the "movie" the other user is bitching about is just the vault doors and the lighting/bluryness, everything else is ingame (hence the player model going up and the hand animation)

Stalker 2 in 2018
Mark my words

>le dae bethesda is lazy?
>le dae

Is this a new meme I'm behind on ?

I haven't laughed at someone trolling in years
Thats some good work

Best part about FO4 is that even normies know it sucks.

Bethesda are genuinely impressive in their laziness

No, it's only a meme on one subreddit which is basically SJW bethesda fanboy hugbox.

Why is bethesda an AAA dev again?

They're the only company that makes open world first person western "rpgs".

vault doors actually do move in-game according to the poster on r/fallout, which is gif. is from. he just pasted the animation onto the character, not the doors

the term "adventure game" doesn't mean shit anymore, it comes from an era where a game was either an arcade game where you tried to score points or a game which actually had a story and narrative that you progressed through. It really has no application today.

What about that Tarkov game?

It usually referred to text adventures or point and click, like the old sierra and lucas arts games.

Literally another DayZ clone

DayZ clone, sadly. I think there's gonna be a single player campaign, but it feels tacked on and will definitely lack sandbox structure.

what the problem famalam

Plenty of games handle it just fine, even console games. Look at the boat scene in Uncharted, one of the programmers went into detail about what's going on in the scene, it's a physical boat object in dynamic pseudo random waves, objects on the boat have their own gravity and physics in relation to the boat just like they would any other part of the game, it also has water physics on the boar related to it not the water underneath it, nothing is static or fake, at one point the boat flips too causing all the water and physical objects to move all at once very rapidly, it handles all this without a hitch. No excuses.

They could have easily taken the lazy route too and that would be fine, just lock all the objects to the floor and move the floor, don't even give them physics, boat only moves up and down, no rotation/yaw.

Blaming the engine is also not a justification, it should be their excuse to ditch it and start over, it is multiple games past the point of friction for the dev team and has no benefit whatsoever.

This shit is frustrating to see.

>but what's worse are the 4 posters separated by several minutes each
Focusing on numbers like that when so spread out IS actually autistic though. The fact you're upset over it not being perfect is also a bad sign.

>brick
>physician

youtu.be/UIuC_grsFb8?t=867

LOL

>most of the tables
Doubt it, but I don't want to go and check every interior on Creation Kit.
I think that's just a case of a developer being lazy and being too lazy to find the right-sized table from the list. I'm 100% sure there's a shorter version of that model.

wait? the train hat? this is a thing? i thought it was a bug. what's its purpose?

didnt uncharted 4 have a boat scene with great physics? not a playstation player but i thought i remembered that in a playthrough

In one of the DLCs the player sees a train in one scene
Instead of editing the engine to allow vehicles just for this scene, Bethesda gave a trainhat to a NPC and give it an animation to look like the train is moving.
The player can't tell the difference

they just tried

fuckin gold from start to finish

the dog running of the cliff just tops it of so damn well

IT JUST WORKS

guys my fallout 4 file is at the beggining fighting radroaches with a baton found some donkey kong minigame.

Should I just ignore fallout 4 completely and just finish new vegas?

I wish TES VI came out good.

>Instead of editing the engine to allow vehicles

wtf i hate bathesda now

>Friend surprised me with FO4 for my ps4 as a bday gift
>feel bad for rarely playing it
>can only play it and enjoy it drunk off my ass

Yes

Hey that's actually pretty clever.

My friend was telling me a story about how in the 90s, one of his coworkers was making a flight simulator game, or some fighting jet game. And whenever they closed the game, an error message would pop up. They spent months trying to figure out what caused it, but couldn't find it so eventually they just made the error message say

"Thank you for playing"

Devilish

Error message was probably that the game wasnt polite enough

There's one, where's the other 4?

I think it is easy to find bugs in Bethesda games because it literally allows the player to do anything in the game. You can open the console, type tcl and skip areas, toggle god-mode, fly, change/slow time. You can do anything in their games. Their games are designed to offer too much freedom to the player.

What's worse is this is apparently something that the developers placed in there.

Just how unaware can you be?

That was modded in, it's nowhere to be found in game.

Samefag. What are you even implying?

My favourite bethesda thing is in f3 or new vegas ( one of the DLCs) theres a train you ride on for a short time. I opened it in the creation kit, the train is a hat with a unique actor wearing it on their head running underneith the track.

>You can open the console, type tcl and skip areas, toggle god-mode, fly, change/slow time.
You can do those in plenty of other games not even remotely as buggy as this. I thought you were joking on your previous post.

Ah fair enough here's one that isn't.

youtube.com/watch?v=HfHY4cUKwgI

Everyone knows that already.

Secondly, New Vegas wasn't bethesda so why would you consider it an option?

Furthermore, why, exactly, is that a problem? If you had to open the creation kit to notice it then the illusion was fine. Devs use tricks like that all the time because there's no reason to waste time redoing the engine just for one tiny detail.

>"IS THIS HAUNTED ROOM ACTUALLY STRETCHING?"

That is just an example. Their engine is buggy as shit but it has tons of features that other games don't. Their games are unique for a reason.

It seems like a rather convoluted solution to a simple problem. It speaks of design perspectives that went into the creation of the game and some glaring engine deficiencies. If the game is absolutely not designed to have vehicles in it, or moving props at all, why even have a scene with a train in to begin with?
It's not some atrocious oversight, it's a window into the design process and how they work at the studio.

> tons of features that other games don't.

Name 3.

> Their games are unique for a reason.

Every women's menstrual discharge is also unique for a reason, doesn't mean its something I want to a defining feature in a wife.

It's like the Doom enemies.

>it has tons of features that other games don't
It doesn't, that was already addressed in the post you replied to. Everything you posted was supported by the quake engine and many, many others. Not even the early 3D GTA games were as buggy and unstable.

weirdest part is: I could have sworn that's what happened in my game.

They showed the blood dripping out the vessel slowly filling up.

>Radiant AI
>Extreme modding capability
>Fully interactable objects and npcs in the game-world

A dude standing in a t-pose with a train instead of their head looks pretty damn silly.

That's how it happens in the real game, those fuckups were added by some disgruntled obsidiot using mods. It's really pathetic.

letting the says go by
water flowing underground

>buzzwords
Sounds like things F.E.A.R. did, and did much better. What press release did you get those from?

None of those are unique to bethesda's engine - especially not radiant AI which is just slang for some clever scripting.

I'm currently playing through Fallout 4 for the first (technically second) time.
When do the quests begin? I'm currently looking for Nick Valentine and so far everything I've been doing that wasn't part of the main quest amounted to raiding random places in the wasteland. I think the most complex situation I've been involved in so far was with Wolfgang and that diner lady.

To be fair, first time it happened for me was an unmodded game, I haven't been doing werewolf run on my unmodded playthroughs, and code can be delicate.

Eh, it's a swaying scale in my head.

On one hand: great we can mod the game how we like it.

On the other: if Bethesda is accounting for modding, would be nice if they tried to make some of the base game a bit more resistant to mods causing these problems unless it's expressly changing it.

But I know coding isn't completely compartmentalized. Animations and such is all shared so you mess with one thing and next thing you know, Alduin is flying by dry humping at sonic speeds.

Tell me about an open-world game that does all of these small features. I would gladly play it.

Gwinnet Brewery is in the game unmodded.

Far Cry 2, have fun.

>they'a're predecessors
You had a stroke m8?

oh boy you're in for disappointment.

>It seems like a rather convoluted solution to a simple problem.
>Sticking a generic character model and giving him a hat is a convoluted solution

Again, why redesign the engine when they could just do a simple trick to achieve the same effect? You might have a point if there where a bunch of cars around and they all drove awkwardly because they were all just people with hats on, but you didn't even notice the trick.

>It speaks of design perspectives that went into the creation of the game and some glaring engine deficiencies.

No, it speaks that they didn't want to waste time rewriting the engine just for one scene and just did a simple trick to fix the problem. All devs do this because the player isn't meant to see under the ground. It saves time a money with no chance of fucking up other parts of the engine.

> If the game is absolutely not designed to have vehicles in it, or moving props at all, why even have a scene with a train in to begin with?

Better question, if can easily get a train to work in the game, from the players perspective, whats wrong with having one?

Honestly, shit like this, as well as the one in the OP, are just retards bitching for the sake of bitching. Bethesda games have a ton of shit you can pick at, why the hell would you pick at shit that isn't even a problem?

It doesn't look like anything because you can't see it. You might as well be complaining that they didn't model the opposite side of the moon.

It doesn't have any of the things I mentioned.

>Sticking a generic character model and giving him a hat is a convoluted solution
It isn't?
>No, it speaks that they didn't want to waste time rewriting the engine just for one scene
Here's a thought: rewrite the scene and not the engine, instead of using some ridiculous workaround.
>if can easily get a train to work in the game
Apparently, they absolutely can't. Hence the goddamn train hat.

Every single one, you should go play it.

Just in case all the webms didn't convince you Bethesda is shit.

>It's a "name something that meets my criteria, but I'm going to dismiss anything you name out of hand to avoid having to admit I'm wrong" episode
Every time

Does anyone have a list of the previous Humble Monthly games?

I subscribed for Grim Dawn, and that alone was a decent deal, but I wanna know if I can expect some decent games or shitty shovelware.

DELET THIS

IT JUST WORKS REEEEEEEE

misfire.

>It isn't?
What's so complicated about it?
>Here's a thought: rewrite the scene and not the engine, instead of using some ridiculous workaround.
Why arbitrarily limit themselves when a simple trick would solve the problem? Its like saying that they shouldn't have characters die in movies if the directors aren't willing to actually kill the actors.

>didin't won

pls no
Even Fallout 3 had some proper quests.

>What's so complicated about it?
You have to path an NPC to work in a perfectly straight line to mimic a moving vehicle, which is strapped on top of your head, using an engine that's prone to physics fuckups.
>Why arbitrarily limit themselves
You mean like how the engine can't handle moving objects? You're arguing in circles.

I seriously doubt it.

>Does it allow me to shoot friendly npcs?
>Does it allow me to loot every item on enemies and friendly npcs and render them naked?
>Does it have both 1st person and 3d person mode?
>Does it allow me to use 100s of mods?
>Does it allow me to loot any item in the game-world? Does it even these items?
>Does it have unlocked dialogue cutscenes?
>Does it allow me to open game-console and manipulate the game world?

I see we're moving the goalposts here, but the answer is still yes.

>clip
Its a magazine you retard

Its got better AI then anything Bethesda has ever put out and it came with a mod kit. Unfortunately you can't say yes four ways to all of the NPCs.

I should learn how to tie a noose.

Only if you count Fallout 3 as the predecessor.

Ok I'll buy a copy just because of you.

No, don't give your money to ubisoft.

>You have to path an NPC to work in a perfectly straight line to mimic a moving vehicle,
So? There's no AI, walking in a straight line isn't hard.
>which is strapped on top of your head,

You do realize that its not like the NPC has to actually worry about balance or anything right? Again, there's no AI so its not like its going to stop and look around.

>using an engine that's prone to physics fuckups.

Well I've seen many webms about the train fucking up so it seems they managed to pull it off.

>You mean like how the engine can't handle moving objects?
Just because it can't handle moving objects doesn't mean they can't make an object move. Case-in-point, the train. Which is moving. Again, how is this an issue?

No, it happens like in the webm.
You can literally check out any Youtube videos of no mod playthroughs of Skyrim to see that it happens just like the webm.

I dont get why it couldn't just work like all the other moving shit in the game, like the doors for Megaton and Rivet City. Making shit move along a path is the easiest thing to do.

Honestly nssbb for u and 3ds.

Melee is fun and all. And so is ssbb but they don't have bayonetta

The thought process that went into it might be convoluted, but from a processing standpoint it's a very simple solution to a fairly complex problem (how do we convincingly move the player to an area that is a long way from the main game, and how do we do it in a way that allows them to make the trip single-handedly).

Nowhere to go from HL2 that would be even more amazing, and GabeN refuses to lower his standards. HL3 will either top HL2 or never come out (protip: it will never come out)

I believe it was uncharted 2 or 3 that had a boat level complete with character leg balancing, physics, and proper ai pathing.

STALKER

Yeah I just saw this 2 days ago on my newly modded playthrough. Maybe you could improve it with mods but cba for a 30 second scene.

That's about it. There *are* other, more complex quests, but most of them amount to "go here, kill everything that moves, return" with different window dressing.

Fallout 4 is a lot emptier than Fallout 3.

i told you to leave that vial marked G alone, bill, but nooooo, you gotta be different.

>Here's a thought: rewrite the scene and not the engine, instead of using some ridiculous workaround.

Why? It works absolutely fine.

Note that no one who complains about the train hat ever says "the NPC frequently spawns without the hat" or "the NPC is often killed by the enemies before the player arrives, prompting a reload" or "if you crouch in the right spot you can talk to the NPC, causing them to turn around and the train hat to clip through the ground".

It's a resilient, efficient, and effective solution. You're getting offended that they used it for no reason than except that it violates some law of propriety that only exists in your own head.

>a fairly complex problem
Moving a train along a rail is not a complex problem.

Probably posted from an Android. The autocorrect and keyboard "helper" has a tendency to "fix" apostrophes like that.

> whoever's = whoever'ri'is

Doesn't excuse using "they're" instead of "their" though.

It is with how gamebryo calculates force.

It is if you expect anything to ride that train, and accurately sway with the train's changes in momentum.

It's scripted, it doesn't need to calculate dick.

That was 3. Game wasn't that great but that part was pretty damn cool.

why is bethesda so fucking lazy? smaller companies have done bigger worlds better.

and you can see people defending them all over the internet. am i missing something?

Could the dragons in skyrim just be a person wearing a very large animated hat?

Congratulations, you've converted an instant transition into an hour-long unskippable cutscene in which nothing happens. I'm sure no gamers will be irritated by this.

No one has really except Witcher 3.

>worse physics than Max Payne 2

what. yes go back to NV, you will thank yourself.

Just a reminder, because someone ALWAYS brings this up, you didn't need Power Armor Training in the first two Fallout games.

It was likely added in Fallout 3 to prevent things like the Navarro Run from happening, or if a player just so happens to stumble upon a dead Brotherhood member in full Power Armor.

If anything, Fallout 4 retconned a retcon with this.

No. The dragons in Skyrim are just future Vertibirds.

Because it still sells. You can tell there is no passion behind those game, and in that case, why work extra for same income.

The complexity is in the question "Why even have a scene with a train to begin with?" The train allows for the player to cover a lot of ground quickly, thus moving outside the "normal" game world, and do so without being detected, as the plot requires. It's also decently believeable for them to take that train without the expertise that would be required for, say, a ship or a vertibird (since this was a largely automated subway intended for emergency use by VIPs, IIRC).

It's a thirty-second unskippable cutscene in which nothing happens. It gives the player the impression that things are actually happening and that they're accomplishing something in a way that a simple cut-to-black-and-teleport-to-a-new-map wouldn't.

But what about T-60 Power Armor?

To be fair, I suppose it's pretty unlikely the wheels would still be workable after sitting in place for 210 years.

i was actually excited when i first came across swan. i had fond memories of behemoth fights from f3. initiated the attack an a terribly low level and still killed him. that was piss easy and it angered me something fierce.

why would you bully a skeleton like that

Open the fallout4.exe, retard.

Don't get me started on that T-60 shit.

Well no, that was bullshit.

I was just talking about the training thing since people like to latch onto it.

So I guess we traded one retcon with another.

Bethesda and friends are basically the Russians during the Battle of Stalingrad.

They just have so many resources and people being thrown at the game that they win. The end product is the absolutely bare minimally acceptable product and is aided only aided because of it's legacy, fanbase, and modding capabilites.

The game just does so many of the "right" things correctly that they can release a huge mess and people will look the other way. Many games are similiar like Payday 2. It's a "good" heisting game because it's the only heisting game.

There's no competition. It's Fallout vs Skyrim. Not Bethesda's shitty, buggy, rehashed, terribly animated, dumb designed, clunky, openworld fps adventure game VS Example Studio's less piece of trash openworld, fps, adventure game.

Lots of people end up comparing Fallout to the Witcher instead of comparing Fallout to the "2016 Wasteland Openworld FPS by Not Bethesda".

I just wish there was someone to dethrone Bethesda because they are obviously stagnating and we need some new talent to make some fresh new quality IPs.

Videogames are becoming as washed out as Hollywood's sequels and remakes. There's good ones but there's so many bad ones as well.

I swear you need it in 1, or its just not possible to get armor without first getting the training. Also the male character in 4 was a soldier so that sorta explains it. Dunno about the wife though.

And then there was the whole winterized T-51 in 3.

>all the classes aren't stealth archer
If you're gonna fake something at least try you faggot.

Nah, it's just a bit tedious to get, but once you get it, you can just put it on.

I can't believe they never fixed that glitch with the Winterized Armor. At least on Steam they never did.

I dont think it was a glitch, because it gave you the training perk when you put it on, it didn't just not require it. Probably so that if people did Anchorage before they did 90% of the main storyline they wouldn't have to lug around 50 pounds of useless armor.

No, not that.

The armor has like, a million hit points, basically meaning it will NEVER deteriorate past 99%.

>I swear you need it in 1, or its just not possible to get armor without first getting the training.

You can only get it from the Brotherhood of Steel, so I suppose you can infer that someone talks you through putting it on, but there's absolutely no mention of that. You can even get a suit while they're hostile, though it's extraordinarily difficult.

While the male character in 4 may be implied to have used power armour in the army, that doesn't explain the raider bosses that can also just jump into a suit and use it. Power armour training is definitely no longer canon.

>Playing as the wife

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. Maybe they did that on purpose because they forgot to put in an item that could be used to repair it.

that's because it doesn't exist faggot

Hi, I'm Johnny Knoxville, welcome to Jackass

As much as I dislike Bethesda you can't deny it's fucking amazing that they made Fallout 4 on the same engine as Oblivion and that it isn't a complete, total, utter unplayable mess.

Euro truck simulator 2.

It never will either.

what a fucking disappointment that shit was and it's not even finished

>it isn't a complete, total, utter unplayable mess.

Are we playing the same game?

>Five minute long loading screens
>Random crashes
>Bugs out the wazoo

>Same engine as morrowind*
ftfy

Now coming to consoles!

You know what else works? Doors.

There was no power armor trainning in 1, but the only way to get it was joinning the brotherhood
i don't think taking out the need for traininf is a retcon, it was a gameplay mechanic for gameplay related stuff

Modded to be locked, just like that one picture of the half-destroyed door with the master lock.

Oh this one?

Yeah. None of those types of doors are locked naturally.

DAILY REMINDER:

Bethesda's game engine cannot handle ladders and breaks AI.

>Blind Bethesda hate

Why did they not stick with generic cars in an arena of some resemblance to real cars with about 20 of them?

And a 8 track with 20 or 30,40 cars, the graphics didn't even have to be top notch.

Instead its like a racing game.

>Blind Bethesda fanboying

man that whole Libertaria area is such a cool zone and they wasted it as just a a generic raider base.

would be better if you could reclaim it form the raiders and turn it into a proper settlement

or if it was like an "evil" city run by raiders that you could visit and gamble/get prostitutes/do drugs and whatever.

Holy fuck this pissed me off so much. Bethesda don't know what Occlusion Culling is.

But user, drugs, prostitutes, and gambling are BAD.

And Fallout 4 would NEVER let you be BAD.

I hate this fucking company so much with their glitchy POS games, they crashed and the fixes started coming in 2 weeks later. Which only partly helped. Now I'll never touch their products ever again.

This happen in New Vegas to the point there is a mod to open them

No it wasn't.
Source: I bought the game and found it 2 weeks after release.

Holy shit, that's creepy as fuck

Bugs are the most entertaining aspect of these pieces of shit anyhow.

>mfw I noticed the shitty animation before I realized it

Holy fuck Bethesda

Did Jagex develop Skyrim?

Wait, no. Runescape is actually fun.

10/10 you glorious bastard.

>Gamebryo
even obsidian had a hard time just to make their level rifles work.
That right there proves how lazy Bethesada is willing to be.

>with some creativity and situational awareness, there are multiple ways past the obstacle

Finally, a worthy heir to the original Deus Ex.

so this cow was there for 200 years until it become a brahaman?

youtube.com/watch?v=RE6nHc3NiJM

Damn son, I think I found the perfect filename. Thanks dude.

deepest lore

>defending this

To be perfectly fair; TW3's plot was absolute shit.

>there are people on Cred Forums who bought fallout 4.

>weightlets
When will they ever learn?

I remember hearing about a game like this. Probably from some youtube video.

to be fair, that's probably funnier that way

fallout 4 is a goldmine, I'm glad this game came to be

Sorry, I thought you were talking about something else entirely, because I got tired of following all the "nuh-uh!" "uh-huh!" responses to find the comment that started this thread.

I'll just STFU and go away now.

Which one is the bigger buggy turd, Stalker series or new Fallout?

Pretty smart

saves drive space

Dumb fucks

This could be a cool effect for Silent Hill.

Mister Handy chair would have been neat.

Probably had to scrap it because of engine limitations.

10/10

>locked door in a ruined house

that isn't impossible in the real world, user

I'd say laziness. Cant be that hard to make one human that doesn't share the exact fucking same set of animations.

DELET

It's over, lads.

That's alot of uncharted really. It's kinda fun. But mainly the attention to detail and physics and stuff are really cool. Same goes for The Last of Us, although that game was more fun than Uncharted IMO. Still both are just really cool to look at with their animations and AI and details, but the gameplay itself isn't that amazing.

t. TJ "Gordon" Freeman

Why does she have a mustache?

That cat

Don't you have to go ban some innocent greytiders?

The noodles look like a bunch of cum shots layered on top of each other.

>reading these threads even after enjoying my autistic looty shooty game
It's too fun collecting useful shit and breaking into stuff.

No
Noooo
No fucking way

>he doesnt teleport behind people and unsheath his katana

some one post the webm of it OR ELSE

>That entire video

as much as i hate their games, you can never properly bug check an open world game.

then you have people break the game by doing shit the game cant handled, for good or bad reasons and call out the game for it.

If they never make an effort to fix the fucking known game breaking bugs then bitch at them for it.

You gotta remember

They also scrapped this idea because of laziness as well with no real reason other than "to much work"

talk to the modders, the engine still has the same problems morrowind had, they over extended the corpse of an engine for so fucking long and its completely breaking in fallout 4

fo4 is a quality product

gunplay

fallout 4 > all other fallouts

in terms of rpg

(never played the original fallouts enough to make this call so all lumped in here) > fallout nv > fallout 4 > fallout 3

But they had the cowboy repeater and shotguns with tubes in new vegas.
THIS is literally just lazy as fuck development.