Post the best video games in this thread

Post the best video games in this thread.

You start, op.
Just kidding, that game is phenomenal.

Why is that so good? I tried it once, but it seemed like any old RPG game to me.

I didn't think it was anything special.

How DARE you.

Only the best, amirite, lads?

No, seriously.

What's so great about it? The combat seemed pretty basic, the character's weren't interesting and the story wasn't particularly engaging.
I only made it a few hours in, but there wasn't anything that great.

I'm not trying to shit on the game, I'm just curious why it's held in such a high regard.

Young faggot detected.
> wah it's old and it's not an uncompleted current gen game that requires constant patches , paid DLC and needs a monthly Internet bill and a paid online service as well

You know what. I'm to old for Cred Forums now. I'm out of here. EnJoy pewdepie vids and dank memes. I'm gonna go fuck my wide and play my snes.

What are you going on about man?

I would post crazy bus but I'm too busy playing crazy bus

It's too bad, I wish I could share with you how great crazy bus is

Pretty clear ain't it?

Only the 1st tho

Radiant Historia is bad ass. Who cares if muh graphics aren't current gen.

EY GUR

No? I said it didn't seem that special and then you started to rant about completely unrelated stuff.

I did not even mention the graphics at all, they're actually not bad.

I played this recently and while it was good, I never saw what was so amazing about it.
>rosch and eruca are gone half the time, making them underleveld if not completely unavailable to use
>grid system is pretty good but underutilized, boils down to X Assault and Aht traps or gafka's movement stuff once you get him
>final boss completely ignores the grid system
>not having every single event being a node to teleport to was fucking dumb and resulted in tons of wasted time repeating things
>a lot of the bad endings were just single paragraphs rather than being more fleshed out

ayyy

>it seemed like any old RPG game to me
That's why it's good.
The thing is that he didn't tried to be an "old school rpg" like Bravely Default and I Am Setsuna, so you get that natural feeling from it.

>the combat seemed pretty basic
Maybe you didn't played it enough?
It's a really well designed combat system.

>the character's weren't interesting
>Stocke, Aht, Heiss, Eruca, Rosch...
>not interesting
just wow

>the story wasn't particularly engaging
travel between timelines to save the day is engaging for me

The art makes me hard.

I meant it like "any old", not any "old", though I see now why you guys assumed I was complaining about older RPG games.

I didn't hate the characters or story, they just didn't really seem that interesting. Same goes for the combat, It wasn't exactly bad.

It's not like I was trying to start a fight, I just wanted to know why everyone keeps praising it as one of the best DS games.
Hell, maybe I'd even find a reason to give it another go.

It probably the rpg that executes a time-travel theme the best.
Along with stellar art and music design, an engaging story, well-written characters and a nice combat system I can't really see what's not to like.

I dropped this at the point where you meet the beast-people to get past some guards. It wasn't bad but it certainly isn't anything spectacular from what I played, the combat was engaging but the dungeon design was pretty mediocre and the time travel is really under-utilized when most choices just give a game-over screen if you pick the wrong ones.

Sorry, lots of plot holes when it comes to how the timelines are connected with each other (ex : saving the merchant in one timeline to have access to the bombs in the other). That doesn't stop the overall story to be quite interesting.

Could have had more portrait art to convey the characters' emotions but that's just a nitpick. It made it more difficult to get emotionally attached to them. They're "well-written" at some extent, but not memorable.

Combat wasn't the selling point of this game but it managed to be really good (even though it's turn-based).

>picking a fight with Chrono Trigger
You FOOL

One of, if not my favourite game.

I only played the first... that is the first battle network game. There are like 12 related games aren't there? Is this the next one I should play?

As much as I like Chrono Trigger it really doesn't use its time mechanics that much.

>(even though it's turn-based).
I don't like what you're implying there son. Explain yourself.

If you liked the first MMBN you should play the main ones in order (2,3,4,5,6). Each of them builds on the previous one, and generally the gameplay is better

this game never gets the love it deserve

People tend to shy away from turn-based combat nowadays because of how tedious it becomes after a few grinding sessions.

That's also something that's pretty great about RH, you don't have to grind a whole lot because of how OP your attacks become with combos. Just shows how turn-based combat can be just as interesting and exciting than other combat systems if you innovate a bit.

Yeah, there's just two timelines with plenty of nodes that lead you to a Game Over Screen. Disappointing, but it was expected from a game with that scope.

Nah, play two, it's pretty good too. It introduces some of the characters in 3. BN3 is definitely where they hit their stride with the combat and world though. The story's also great and the postgame is God tier.

Blew my mind at the time, but it has even more flaws and less polish than RH. It does have enormous potential though.

Having to turn pages all the time in order to complete the game was a pain. Combat was engaging, puzzles relatively easy and the challenges needlessly difficult at times.

Who's best girl? Like I give a damn about that.

Keep in mind if you don't like 4, still play 5, and if you don't like 5, still play 6.

6 brings it back to the old roots, kind of.

>>not having every single event being a node to teleport to was fucking dumb and resulted in tons of wasted time repeating things
Played this on emulator and it was pretty bad even with fast forward.
Must have been a real nightmare on actual DS.

All right well I played the first one when it came out so you know how long ago that was. Should I try it again?

Underappreciated DS Games thread?

Is this is a handheld thread?

Either way, EO is my favorite RPG series

I am so hyped for EOV

Don't mind me, just the best original FF game on DS.

Bravely Default was as fucking average as a video game got. Everything about it was unmemorable and just so garden-variety. Story sucked ass, Default system sounded good on paper but it really is just your regular flowchart JRPG combat except you just now guard (aka. default) 3 turns in a row and then blow your load (also trivializes random encounters when you can just brave x3 and one shot everything on your first turn). The only decent thing about it was the job system but it requires a lot of grinding to unlock any cool combos

You speak nothing but the truth.

>EoC
>better than RoF

Gameplay wise you're right but plot-wise RoF is the best FF In a decade.

Gameplay>Plot

But yes, I agree. EoT antagonist was pretty bizarre/awesome though. It got shafted pretty much everywhere else, story-wise. Still, it's the superior game.

1 is a mess of a game. Don't bother with it again.

How about the double versions? Any recommendations on types?

>>a lot of the bad endings were just single paragraphs rather than being more fleshed out
One part of me thinks this would be amazing, but another part thinks I would ragequit if I found out the last 5 hours were pointless because of a bad choice I made.

Fuck Konami

Heiss did nothing wrong.

Though I actually teared up a bit during the True ending.

Edea is best gurl than any other modern FF combined

i enjoyed the game tho. and the story and characters wasn't that bad. also it's worth mentioning that this game saved the localisation classic jrpg industry on north america

The characters were all one-note. The story wasn't bad, but it was executed in the worst possible way, arguably the worst execution of the concept I've ever seen in a video game.

do you mean the "repetition" part? then yes. Tiz and maybe Agnes are flat as charachters as fuck, but ringabell is ok and edea is unusually rounded (atleast in second) she is a pretty complex character than the averga jrpg girls.

Ringabell isn't interesting in the least. His two "sides" are completely inconsistent in relation to each other.

Edea is just cute in the first game. While you might be right about the sequel, I don't think it should take a developer two games to establish a character.

maybe, but it is hard to make rounded characters (especially if you have to work on gameplay, main story, the other 3 charcters, etc etc etc.)