How did you go about choosing your main? How long have you mained them...

How did you go about choosing your main? How long have you mained them? Do you like them as a character or simply as a fighter?

Pic related, I saw his reveal and immediately decided he would be my main. He's an absolute blast to play and is also a very cute character, I'd play him even if he was bottom tier trash.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wbqze0rnfQs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

heard that mother 3 was a sad game
played it, cried a shitton, and figured that nobody else deserved someone playing them more than lucas did
he's had a hard life
my second main is game and watch and it's entirely because of that cheeky-ass bell taunt

I was playing SSB I was 5. I liked Pikachu, I chose Pikachu, I played as Pikachu. I did this when I got brawl when I was 8. I played Pikachu in Brawl. I don't play vidya anymore so I don't play SSB4

I played the 3DS version when it came out because a cousin let me play it. I kept losing online until I picked King Dedede.

I play DH because I've wanted to fuck that dog for as long as I can remember. Before that I just played Fox/Falco/Wolf respectively.

I picked up Shulk because newcomers from unrepped franchises capture my attention, and then I got into Xenoblade and enjoyed Chronicles/X, and then my pure hatred for the DLC newcomers made me want to learn a non-DLC character.

His frame data is arse but if I time Monado Art animation cancelling and swap between Jump/Speed like a bunny on crack, and work my ass off I can do ok. I can fuck my friend's Cloud up by going balls-in off-stage with Jump at least.

One day I falcon pawnched and then I never stopped.

I find it weird that people have "dedicated mains" in this game. I play a bunch of the characters because they're fun to play as. That's it.

It's boring as hell playing the same character over and over, and likewise boring to play against the same character repeatedly. Why do people love sucking the fun out of Smash Bros so much?

>brawl when I was 8
>Came out in 2008
>2016 now
Ruh-roh

I pick characters based on how much I like their source game.
Ike's Fire Emblem games are some of my favorite games of all time and definitely my favorite games out of Nintendo, so he's my top main and I took the time to get better with him than with any other character.

If I haven't even played a character's source game then I probably won't choose to play as them much at all.

But when goofing off with friends my main is Random

If you keep playing as the same character, you keep finding new stuff to do with that character. If you have some skill at least.
It's a tournament mindset in which you want to git gud

>always play link and fox because i love zelda and starfox
>learned to play falcon for the sole purpose of showing my moves
>marth is king in melee
>peach is jank and brings the salt
>pit could fly in brawl
>ZOMG IT'S SONIC, TIME TO LIVE AND LEARN
>shulk is much more fun to play in smash than in xenoblade
>duck hunt is baller as fuck
>HOLY FUCKING SHIT CLOUD

Wii fit trainer because that volleyball headbutt is satisfying and she thicc af

because he's what got me into gaming

hope u like b air and metal blade dickery

Falco because i'm too shit to learn Fox tech and so that i can blame my losses on my character being ass.

>How did you go about choosing your main? How long have you mained them?

Aesthetics. Cool guys / cute girls. I'll learn to play anything to support the characters I like.

>I got brawl when I was 8.
You best be closing this browser young man.

Same, but I might not play him as much if he was bad, playing bad characters usually isn't as fun.

Megamain all day. Ma man needed some love after getting the rug pulled off his feet for a few years now so I just kind of eventually floated towards him the more I figured out how his attacks worked

He may not be no cloud but I still love how well rounded he is. Leaf shield is far more useful than people realize, specially for gimping

ness was my main before I even played earthbound. Naming all his moves and that high risk high reward recover had me hooked.
youtube.com/watch?v=wbqze0rnfQs

as for duck hunt,he's the underdog and as a zoning charater like olimar and pac-man he's the most reliable and least boring to watch of the buch.

I've mained my girl Jiggs since 64, only because Wigglytuff was my favourite gen 1 Pokémon

characters have to be fun to play and look cool

i'm not really at a skill level where tiers really matter that much, but I prefer not to play bottom of the barrel characters. at the same time, im not a fan of playing top tier characters

80% Playstyle 20% character design
Falco in Smash
Rashid in SFV

I like characters that have fun shit going on with their movement. I also play Rolento in other SF games

I don't know how long I'd been playing the game until I realised PK thunder could be done into himself, I think it was just whilst messing about in melee's target practice, and about a month or s until I tried using it as a recover, until then I just used L/R after the doble jump like with Yoshi

Going for risky rests makes local multi so tense, it's great, plus I do like the obnoxious summer hat they gave her

I played Sheik in Brawl but I was trash in that so when 3DS came out I still mained Sheik but picked up Shulk because I liked sword characters and he seemed cool.

Almost 2 years later and I main Shulk, have 100%d Xenoblade X and I'm trying to do the same for the original on N3DS

i'm a little mac main because i enjoy having no high level play and being a free win to anyone who knows what an aerial is

I always use Bow Jiggly myself

Wario. Because he is Wario. My secondairy in Brawl (after Dedede) and now my main in Sm4sh. Second is Duck Hunt Duo.

I like having a near useless but super powerful attack. Also his specials are pretty cool.
>Choke and Electrocute/Chokeslam
>WIZARD KICK!
>Electrocute explosion

His design is pretty cool too since brawl, as well as his airborne down attack is fun when I can hit it. I like the heavy hitter types. And his final smash isn't shit, for what that's worth.

No amount of MALLC will ever make Shulk anywhere above low tier It makes me happy to see anime like Shulk in the trash.

I pretty much just pick mine based on how I do with them. My main is lucas btw.

A combination of aesthetics, playstyle and sentimentality.

I like to play solid characters that everybody hates.

I just pick the characters I'd fuck.

Started out with Samus in melee because all I cared about was that Samus was cool. Moved to brawl and used samus more since it turned out you could switch to the zero suit version and that really confused people halfway through a match. Plus Zamus is pretty strong. Combo some screw attacks as samus then armorbreak swap to Zamus and theyre already charged for an easy fall. Then Sm4sh decided Samus and Zamus were separate and got rid of the up B whip and replaced it with rocket boots which im not sure I like. My one complaint is that both Samus and Zamus grabs are slow as fuck.

The Legend of Zelda was my favorite series since I was little. When SSB64 came out I always played as Link. In Melee I switched between Link and Young Link. Brawl went to Toon Link which continued into SSB4.

I liked his playstyle because I could kinda adapt between close and long range fighting. It would satisfy my mood and who I am up against.

I play Wii Fit and Duck Hunt because I like repping unloved characters

Wish they were better though, too many characters in this game make them totally pointless.

I like DK cuz of cargo throwing and the satisfaction of good spacing.

I like Lucas cuz im a motherfag and I like his normals over Ness. Pk freeze into pk drill is the best.

I like characters who have a grab game, so characters like Kanji in P4A or R Mika in SFV

AUTISM
U
T
I
S
M

toon link made link unbearably slow.

I picked Kirby because I like Kirby

He's fantastic until your opponent is above 60%, at which point all combos disappear and his complete lack of range becomes apparent

Link has always been garbage, never above mid tier. Toon Link made Link viable.

I was Falcon at launch but switched to Mewtwo once he came out.

he was okay(and just okay) in melee. The gave his boomerang to toon link and made toon link faster with a smaller hurtbox. what's the point of even having link in,now? that like dark pit: instead of clones,just fix the originals.

I used Pikachu from 64 - Brawl until my roommate made a single complaint about my Pikachu maining so I decided to switch it up to someone else (this is still Brawl era, pre P:M) so I switched to Zelda because shit, do I love Zelda as a series and a character and little did they know the wrath that was unleashed.

Project M Zelda became a monster - I miss doing local tournies.

I've stuck with Zelda since then, Sm4sh hasn't been an easy ride but I'm making it work.

I like Little Mac's movement, and how he hits like a truck. I'm good enough at mixing up my recovery that I don't usually worry about getting gimped. I also really like how he's just a normal guy from the Bronx who just trained super hard to be where he is. He has no magic spells or mystical sword. He just punches things. Fuck yeah.

I picked up Corrin because he's pretty fun to play and covers most of my bad matchups, or if someone takes me to Dreamland.

I always ban Smashville, because fuck that stage.

I play Fox in Melee because if I'm gonna get good might as well get good with the best. Plus he's super fun. Personally I'd love it if Zelda was at least usable tier in Melee, but I guess she's always destined for bottom while Sheik gets all the love.

Don't really like Smash 4, but I play Mewtwo in it, because he deserves to finally be top tier.

Sad but true. I'm okay with having less strength for speed.