Devil May Never Cry

Why is there no DMC5?
Why did you new generation kids have to ruin such a great game by forcing Capcom to reboot the IP?

I just finish watching people put bright smiles on their faces when learning about how cool Dante is at everything, so why is he gone forever. Fuck it hurts.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IsmEMQ7wwuY&list=RDIsmEMQ7wwuY#t=32
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why does Dante have DMC2 Rebellion on his back?

because he can?

Yeah who the fuck photoshopped DMC2 rebellion on there?

That's dumb.

because action games are dead

they are too hard for your average gamer so companies rarely make them any more

4>3>trash>1>DmC>2

>DMC1 worse than trash

cmon man

it was great for its time and had pretty godlike atmosphere and visual design

of course it feels like shit after you've played 3 and 4

Why are you blaming other people on Capcom's stupid as fuck decisions?

This. come on now.

>Why is there no DMC5?
Because it is a niche series in a niche genre
>Why did you new generation kids have to ruin such a great game by forcing Capcom to reboot the IP?
new gen kiddies have nothing to do with it. Itsuno was busy with dragons dogma and he was out of ideas regarding DMC, DMC4 didn't do as well as hoped for Capcom, Inafune thought the best course of action was to make a western DMC reboot

>still playing capcom games

They are EA tier now, abandon hope for your nostalgic franchises.

Why did you old generation kids have to not stop Capcom being forced to reboot the IP?

There are people in this fandom who love 1, but hate the anime-ish direction 3 and 4 took, so your claim depends on the person's own taste.
I personally love all 4, but do miss the creepy gothic atmosphere.

>the best course of action was to make a western DMC reboot

When was that the best course of action ever? I mean can't remember any examples except maybe metroid prime

It failed the Capcom test.

So did Megaman and Darkstalkers.

>15th Anniversary passed
>DMC didn't get dick except for $600 statues I can't afford and a pachinko machine
>meanwhile Capcom's too busy shilling Capcom Pro Tour: Nashfest 2016 with special guest Ken Masters
Y-You too.

>niche
Everyone fucking knows what DMC is. DMC4 sold like over 4 million copies.

>new generation kids
DMC4 came out nearly 10 years ago dumbass

Darkstalkers revival didn't sell like half a million copies like DMC4SE did though.

DMC4 was the highest selling game out of all of them (I think 3 mil.), what the hell kind of numbers were they expecting if it "didn't do so well"?

God of War numbers

Capacom always sets their sale expectations 1 million dollars above where it should sell, then they rush the game and wonder why it didn't sell more than Tetris.

>rush SF5 out for tourneyfags
>game barely has any content and is missing key features that anyone would expect from a fighting game
>surprised when the game completely misses sales expectations and sells a fraction of what 4 did

sometimes i dont really understand capcom

People prefer 1 because enemies are actual threats in 1. In 3 and 4 most enemies are just punching bags at best, 1 on normal actually has enemies that will kill you unless you step it up.

Personally I think 1, 3 and 4 are all fucking fantastic games.

yeah, i love all three as well. i agree with your punching bag comment though, it's probably my only big complaint about the DMC series. most of the enemies are just punching bags for you to style on - i wish they put in more threatening regular enemies

stuff like shadows from DMC1 or blitz from DMC4 are great fun to fight.

>1 on normal actually has enemies that will kill you unless you step it up.
never understood why people say this
enemies in DMC1 are fairly passive, it's just that when they hit, it hurts, a lot. Even on Normal
just finished Normal, dunno if I want to attempt Hard

Actually, DMC4 sold like 2.3 million on launch.

That's not much more than any other DMC.

Square Enix and Capcom have the most retarded sales expectations. SE's CEO resigned because the Tomb Raider reboot didn't sell well enough when it sold 3.4 fucking million in one month.

They should make a game on inner workings of Capcom and call it God of Idiots. It would be a hit comedy.

That was at launch, in a month. Games don't stop selling after a month, retard.

I'm done believing DMC will come back. Itsuno isn't working on DMC and have open stated that he needs a break from DMC and also wants to make a new RS game. After the events of DmC Capcom wants us to forget the series ever existed. They don't want anyone talking about anything related to DMC/DmC. It's been thrown into the trash can with Onimusha, Megaman, versus games, all the good stuff Capcom used to make.

DMC4SE and DmC:DE were goodbye presents. What worst is that DMC4SE gave us nothing.

DMC4 sold the most because it was the first multiplat in the series. It barely outsold DMC1 and I would bet my life that it cost a lot more money to make.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks the DMC3 trigger is lewd and fuckable?

>scaly devil fuckboy

Japanese business pride feels like one of the most retarded things ever.

I'm sorry Nips, you're not gonna get Call of Duty numbers, and you need to deal with that and face reality. Capcom should get props for having learned though, Dead Rising 4 and Resident Evil 7 is just aiming at 2 million and 4 million respectively. Which is actually completely realistic for those franchises.

Japanese devs are half baked retards. They're so draconian and backwards one of them.would probably commit Sudoku if you reached out to hug one

>Games don't stop selling after a month
but Capcom and other companies stop caring about how it sold past that month

>I have no idea how video game sales works.

The first weeks when the game is marketed and at 60 dollars is literally the most important part. Especially back in 2008, when games were still almost completely retail.

DMC4 didn't sell that much better on launch than any other DMC, otherwise Capcom would have made DMC5 by now.

Isn't that kinda silly? Most games aren't so popular that are practically a status symbol, so of course it will take some time for people to find out about it, weigh all the pros and cons, save money, etc.

yes, you are.

>Isn't that kinda silly?

If you want to talk about issues in the game industry we could be here all day.

Nintendo actually aims for the more slow burn that you're describing, but they get ton of shit for never lowering their game prices instead.

Again, jap devs are just plain stupid and crazy.
Not.only do they have a patriotic fervor of nationalism that causes them to isolate themselves and get butt blasted when a western person is involved, but "excessively outsourcing" and wonder why it didn't work out so well when their unrealistic expectations fall flat.

DMC was just a prototype for their new framework. They didn't realize it was going to become a franchise hit

It's sad to see it die, but we all know how Capcom is when they treat their fans.

>prototype for their new framework
Dead Rising was the first to use MT Framework

I should've kept my mouth shut.

You sure? I thought DMC came out when PS2 was at least a year young

DMC2 Rebellion is the only good thing about DMC2

It's probably concept art from before DMC3's Rebellion was designed.

DMC2 Dante vs DMC:DMC Dante. Who's worse?

Donte.

DMC2 Dante, no question.

Atleast Donte is enjoyable in that kind of "this dude is just a total piece of shit" way. 2 Dante is just boring.

Donte, easily.

DMC2 Dante is inoffensively bland and has 10/10 visual design, so he wins over Donte the Demon Killer, has a nice ring to it dont'cha think?

el fuck you

Is it some two player mode or second one is AI?

DMC2 Dante has best coat

he wins

>What is a file name

DMC2 Dante was boring
DmC:DMC Dante was bad
The latter is worse

>I killed the entire clan... to test my abilities...

DMC2 Dante is mostly silent, but has a cool coat. Donte tries so hard to be cool he ends up being hilarious. Personally Donte is more memorable so DMC2 Dante is worse.

>Donte tries so hard to be cool he ends up being hilarious
oddly, I have the same feelings towards Donte my friend has towards Dante. Mainly that he is an insufferable try hard cunt

>more memorable = better
That's like saying some guy who robbed you is better than a guy who said hello to you on a bus that one time because you remember him more.

>not mashing taunt with Dante while Nero is doing his grab

>Everyone crying about Dante

Oh boo hoo! Where the hell is Gene when you need him?

He deserves a new game.

youtube.com/watch?v=IsmEMQ7wwuY&list=RDIsmEMQ7wwuY#t=32

Mikami is now in the dungeons of Bethesda, and the other people who worked on God Hand are either working on Platinum Games' licensed shit, in Capcom doing other shit, or not working in the video game industry at all.

>Evil within
>Has the recipe for a mercenaries mode
>Doesn't implement it
You dumb fuck, Mikami.

I feel like Dmc combat is overrated, you can do many different moves in it but in the end you're doing it all on one enemy, and none of them have any different properties, you can kill anyone with just one weapon, there is a discontinuity between you your attacks and enemies.

Also the game doesn't make good use of it's combat system, nothing like player vs player or a practice mode or something. Other than story mode and BP, there's nothing else, seems like a waste.

no DMC 4

>Why is there no DMC5?

Because DmC for now killed any chances for an actual DMC5...for now. Maybe we'll get it in the future. That is if Capcom stop to suck and pull itself together. Which will sadly never happen.

Hell, there are no chances of a new Darkstalkers game. We'll all get Street Fighter forever and ever.