Do you think there will ever be a point when consoles are dropped entirely and everyone plays on pc...

Do you think there will ever be a point when consoles are dropped entirely and everyone plays on pc? Or will consoles be around forever? Not trying to start a pc vs console argument, just curious

Other urls found in this thread:

ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-Z170-Core-i5-Configurator/W/338999
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sort of. When consoles are nothing more but cheaper computers, consoles can be said to be passé.

I sure hope so. Every publisher/studio releasing their own digital store would eliminate a hardware separation of players and allow consumers to essentially come and go as they please.

>Every publisher/studio releasing their own digital store

that sounds very shitty

Consoles will always exist. Whether the console is proprietary is another matter.

Unless Sony and Nintendo completely drop out of the gaming market, it's hard to see proprietary consoles ever disappearing.

How so?

Just download/not download as you see fit.

Its certainly a better solution than Haloboxes and Bloodborne machines.

steam is fine. Why do we need tons of other ones?

consoles will always stay

Consoles will become PCs.
In some ways, the PS4 and Xbone already are.

>5 inches of mouse space

wow

Steam is not fine
how will you play your games when Steam shuts down

Typical Steam-kiddie "gamer".
You can bet your ass there's a reddit tab open on Google™ Chrome™ in the background.

There will always be a market for cheap, plug & play gaming boxes.

didn't gabe say that your games will still work if that ever happens? These other stores you want will never shut down?

That's really up to the company. They can choose to release titles on Steam or create their own store like Ubisoft, Blizzard, or EA. My whole point is that you can, for free, choose or not choose to download and buy from these stores at a whim without the need for another box.

do you like hitting your fingers off the side of your desk?

No

- Most people are normies
- The closest a normie gets to having their own desktop computer is a laptop (read: a macbook) that they got for college
- If even that. They may all have tablets.
- When a normie wants to play "video games" (read: fifa, madden) they will buy the box that plays video games and doesn't require any fucking-with (read: a console)

It is astonishing that pcfats have still never come to accept this

Cred Forums Pass user since September 2012.

are you fucking kidding lmao

entropy creates evolution

unity would just stagnate games even further, not to mention steam consolidation

What kind of controller is that?

Do you like being shit at aiming?

Nope. The point of a console is that it's easier and cheaper to get than a PC. The average consumer is lazy and dumb, and why would they take the time to research what's a good build for a good price, when they could just grab a console down at Best Buy and have it hooked up in an hour? It's the same reason fast food is a thing; sure you COULD learn to cook, find a recipe, buy all the ingredients, actually take the time to prep a meal, then clean up after making your meal, OR you can just go to McDonald's for a cheap burger. It would be healthier and more satisfying to make your meal yourself, but the easier alternative is to have someone else make something that resembles food.

Go fuck yourself, attentionwhore

If console will lose it will be to mobile, not PCs.

>how will you play your games when Steam shuts down
A decade ago, that was a possibility. Today, it's not. The worst case scenario is the store changes owner.

>shallow arguments
>Cred Forums Pass user since September 2012.
kys senpai

FOOD ANALOGY
O
O
D

A
N
A
L
O
G
Y

I don't want to install 30 different buggy download managers just because every publisher feels like he's such a special snowflake. Not to mention managing 30 different accounts and having my credit card credentials in 30 different badly secured servers

the fuck is that signature

this is literally the first time I've seen this shit

I guess if that's whats important for you.

Enjoy those extra secure servers.

As long as pc gaming and pc digital distribution doesn't boom in Japan they will keep making consoles.
Even the few japanese titles we get on steam are specifically aimed at the west.

the only thing keeping consoles relevant is the absolutely staggering amount of tech illiterate people, brodudes and 13y.o's also forced exclusives

I think its that one in the back? I'm not sure what its called

I see people on here calling others too stupid to get be able to build a PC when I think the reality is they just don't care enough about videogames to do research and spend time building a PC when a simple option is available

Extrophy creates steady evolution as well numbnuts.

Consoles will always be around be around just for the fact that they are more convenient for the average consumer. For example, lets say you have a standard toilet and you go to shit in that toilet. All you do is shit in the toilet, wipe your asshole, and flush. Now lets say you have a "special" toilet, we'll call this "Toilet-Pro". You shit in the Toilet-Pro and as soon as you're done all of a sudden water sprays up your asshole. Sure you save money on toilet paper because of this, but most people are uncomfortable with water spraying up their assholes, they're not even sure why the toilet does that in the first place. Then It turns out the special toilet has a lot of different features such as sucking your cock, and the ability to use a toilet paper dildo instead of the water spraying up your asshole. To most consumers this is overwhelming and they'd much rather have the simplicity of shitting in a toilet, wiping their asshole, and flushing.

I'm actually about to buy a pc from ibuypower and selected parts for to be pre-installed. I'd build it myself but I lack the time and just want it ready to go.

Can't wait I get the money. Can finally stop using this laptop

they are PC
you can run text engines and keyboards on them already if you want

If this wasn't pasta, it is now.

>It turns out the special toilet has a lot of different features such as sucking your cock, and the ability to use a toilet paper dildo instead of the water spraying up your asshole. To most consumers this is overwhelming and they'd much rather have the simplicity of shitting in a toilet

Would the fuck wouldn't want this?

How fucking retarded do you have to be to infer I'm sucking Sony's cock from my post ?

explain how a single one of the points raised is "shallow"
you can't, you're trying to ad-hominem away an argument you can't win

Cred Forums Pass user since September 2012.

checkmate

Hardware will be in a real awkward place for games until internet catches up.

eventually the public will hand over all their right to access game files in exchange for being able to stream AAA games from their precious laptops and tablets. either game rentals, game netflix, or some attempt to make "steam-but-streamed" will be a fighting force in the game industry, if not the dominant one. it will even come with its own "exclusives". for whatever reason the games media will love it in particular, and you will hear consoles and desktops described as "archaic" so often it will make you sick.

that will happen, and I'll probably just quit games altogether when it does.

Consoles have always been the easier way to play videogames. Most people who play vidya nowadays wouldn't even spend their time installing something as simple as a graphics card.

why did the thread continue after this post

This. It will be heavenly.

Because it's not correct.

how so

Not as long as there exists game developers like Alex Evans of media molecule who hates to be limited by API's.
Sure there are API's for consoles but they are nothing compared to a PC.

If consoles die out people will migrate to mobile or streaming

The only thing keeping consoles and high end pc's alive is shitty internet connection.

Just like netflix, streaming will be the future of gaming.

>Streaming service on the same level as Steam
>with today's copper infrastructure
The only company that seems to actually want to replace this is Google, but even if by some miracle all the old copper is replaced with fiber, ISPs will still find a way to jew you out of decent speeds for "Pay an arm and a leg and you MIGHT get the speed advertised in your package"

Very soon they will be replaced by mobile devices. Looking at 2020+ as fabrication costs drop.

>HBM new standard
>Vulkan providing a cross platform standard
>massive compute power in tiny form

Looking forward to having tiny gpus again rather than 12" ovens

Because the preferences and habits of normies won't stop gaming companies from trying to create the unified DRM Ultimate Jew.

>Just like netflix, streaming will be the future

Not in america. in america all our companies pretty much decided that internet is fine as it is and the only thing that needs to change is the price going up because of how valuable it is.

Companies could still try a streaming push, but the big thing holding it back is shooters. shooters have always been the dominant game genre. as shitty as they can get, the fact that people like clicking and shooting things and always have/will means that games with "lag" as a standard will never be ok.

Pointing out that it's a food analogy doesn't invalidate his claim.

Don't be a pussy, either directly challenge his claims or stop shitposting.

Shooters now have lag as a standard user.

multiplayer latency is not the same as the embarrassing latency you got from shit like ps now. even from a great ethernet connection.

>didn't gabe say that your games will still work if that ever happens?
That was like 10 years ago, the terms of service tell a very different story now.
The best possible option is something like GOG.

sure, but how would you DOWNLOAD THEM?

fucking idiot

and no, im not putting my 300 something games on an HDD when a lot of them are between 5-50 GB a pop. even a 2 or 3 TB drive is gonna get filled fast.

Let's be realistic:

Steam has the PC game market cornered.

Other than Blizzard but even their users still use Steam.

Steam will never 'shut down', ever.

It makes too much money for too many people.

There are fail-safes and backup servers for days; it wouldn't surprise me if there were at least 3-4 tiers of backup servers.

>TFW 6 foot long desk.

Too much space actually; I had to put a Spider Plant, a picture of my Chiweenie and a desk lamp just to balance it out.

SYMMETRY

hosting games isn't their biggest issue, it would be cheap to continue hosting current games. services like forums, new games, and user content like screenshots and videos would be the first to go, they wouldn't drop their download service unless they hit bankruptsy which isn't happening any time soon

I don't think that consoles will ever disappear simply because your average consumer can't be bothered to even set up a pre-built computer, never mind trying to assemble their own. Consoles are the epitome of plug and play gaming, and that's what mommies want to buy for their babies.

Why would a company like Nintendo launch on Steam for a 30% loss with full profits as an option on their store? Why is it relevant where the games are sold if they're on PC instead of behind a $300-$500 paywall?

because they aren't moving their 300 dollar paywalls

No, i don't think so. As long as there is a large casual market, consoles will always exist.

However, once you go PC you never go back. Once you get used to being able to do everything, then its hard to give up on that freedom.
No matter the hardware, consoles will always be limited.

PC doesn't seem like a thing younger audiences could get into. They'd probably rather have consoles.

OP here. What if we reached a state where pre-built PC's were as easy to get as consoles? Good specs, price, fps, graphics etc. They even start selling them on shelves next to the consoles. Would that change things?

Coming from console to PC gaming I can say that console gaming is just easier to the general public.

Dudebros and casuals would rather invest in the cheaper alternative and to them whatever is the latest release will be considered their peak experience on their platform which doesn't come near the quality of PC gaming.

Only just coming into PC gaming recently I can say its worth the investment. Especially when piracy, if you go that route, is easy and essentially gives you free games.

That's not adding to the discussion.

People buy consoles because games are optimized for them... Or more so you dont have to fanny around to get some games to.run smoothly.
I prefer pc gaming, but i know why people would rather buy a ps4 than a c. Ps4 all games released will.work and should run well. Pc a game can come out in 2 years and your pc will run it shit meaning you have to upgrade and then 2 years later, similar happens.

Steambox and 'gaming' pcs are popular for the same reason as consoles, you domt really need to know shit about upgrading hardware because for the mpst part, its already there.

i was butting in, not the original guy, its another one of my days where i don't read anything but feel the need to reply anyways, ignore me

Eventually gaming will just move to streaming. People will still need their won hardware for niche applications, but look how fast APU's are moving. The Scorpio might have the equivalent of a 480 on an SOC, that's pretty impressive. The PS4 PRO has a 470. A Tegra can already play games at near 360 performance, Tegra X2 might actually hit near Xbone performance. SO yeah, I think big, bulky desktops will die outside of professional applications like scientific research and high end movie editing, and consoles will probably get smaller and smaller until they're basically mobile form factor.

>closed headphones for gaming
jesus christ nigger what are you doing

>streaming
>America

Most people don't even watch normal TV, it's all about Netflix. Although that's primarily because TV is fucking awful and has more commercials than content.

you have 0 clue what you're talking about

>No PC building thread
I plan to buy a DAC for my PC, but I'm unfamiliar with these darned things. Is there guide somewhere that will give me an idea on which brand of DAC to buy?

That's no implication that American infrastructure would support games. The technology for top of the line wiring isn't even low latency in light of just playing it, and PCs are absolutely inexpensive now.

AKA, streaming is unfounded.

Nah. Consoles are the ultimate DRM. DRM on PC is almost nonexistent by comparison.

DAC? You talking about audio?

With consoles you can invite friends over and play a game together. You can't do that with a PC. Most of you probably don't have friends to do that with so I can understand why you wouldn't care about that.

Like you do now when you're not online with Stream?

Consoles will stick around if only because it offers a baseline for performance. If it were pc only sales could be lost due to most people not being able to run the game due to having an obsolete set up. Couple that with rampant piracy and you've got a recipe for a vidyagames crash.

>supports 8 controllers wirelessly with 0 latency
The amount of nonsense console gamers have to tell themselves to live with their horrible investments never ceases to amaze.

Yes, senpai.

>piracy boogeyman

Nope I think consoles will exist for quite a while

As long as there is demand for it (which there is), they will continue to exist

They will only stop existing if people migrate en masse to PC gaming. That's not happening just yet.

PC gaming needs to be easier / cheaper / more accessible if it is ever going to reach critical mass. This could well happen to be honest. But I think consoles will be around at least for another generation. It really depends on how the state of PC gaming develops.

Speaking from experience, don't fuck with that brand. Chink tier build quality, it WILL die in like a year.

This is what I plan to buy and my friend suggested thoughts anyone?

>PC gaming needs to be easier / cheaper / more accessible if it is ever going to reach critical mass.
It already is. The problem is, people are not only stupid but they are also unwilling to learn.

>hey guys we can finally play multi-player locally at my house after investing over a thousand dollars into my gaming PC!

>He hasn't heard of LAN parties
if PC gaming is one of the reasons those friends stay as friends then coming over to someone's house for a LAN party is worthwile

No it's not. Otherwise people wouldn't buy consoles.

People don't want to spend time "learning" something. They want to play games.

Consoles are cheaper, easier, don't require learning. That's why people buy them.

They also don't care if you think they're "stupid" because they're usually people who have more important things going on in their lives than just gaming.

>wireless dongles cost $1000
That's right, peasant.

I think we will all play on phones or something like that in the future and hopefully the games won't suck

>they're usually people who have more important things going on in their lives than just gaming
Like what? Slacking off at the office while pretending to work? Also, building PCs has never been simpler than it is today.

pls reply

>all that dust on the monitor and table

I don't know why food analogies are bad.
People don't respect sandwich artists like they used to...

its not, stop with this "hurr you can build a 400$ pc"
sure you can, but its gonna be a shit pc that won't do squat. this is stupidest meme, if you're not willing to drop at least 800 on a pc, then forget it

>Cred Forums Pass user since September 2012.
wtf is that??

That isn't relevant to anything I said.

You're a nerd, I get it. To you, nerding out over PCs is your thing. It's your hobby.

For many people with jobs and girlfriends and lives, they don't give a fuck about that nerdy shit, they just want to play games, so they buy a console.

And, like I said, consoles are cheaper. That alone is a very compelling reason to buy a console.

>won't do squat
It can do medium on most games. It can do high quality on older games and if you are willing to save and wait you can upgrade it to be able actually handle more.

>PC gaming needs to be easier / cheaper / more accessible i

>they need to make them easy like TV

>"durr thats not relevant"

Exactly this. The convenience of a console is that it costs ~$300 / ~£200 and you KNOW that it will play all of the latest games for the next 8 or so years.

You have no such guarantee with a PC. You could spend twice that amount on a PC in order to try and future-proof yourself, and you still might have issues with drivers, bugs on certain hardware, etc.

Console gaming is much more convenient and that's why it is popular.

>You're a nerd
Looking at what thing fits into what hole is literally the least nerdy thing you can do
>consoles are cheaper
upfront cost is cheaper. long term cost is where the console loses, especially if you want to play online

Nothing I said had anything to do with race you fucking mongoloid

>you still might have issues with drivers, bugs on certain hardware
rare shit that happens. If it does happen, it will be fixed right away

>you KNOW that it will play all of the latest games for the next 8 or so years
Do you even know why the xbox scorpio and the PS4 pro exists? Those manufacturers are moving out of the generational model and are moving into these weird "half-generations" where you actually do have to upgrade to be able to play new games. At least with PCs, you can just replace your graphics card and be done with it but with consoles, you have to buy new hardware.

what the fucking fuck

Holy shit, a bezelless monitor with that giant fucking webcam clip on the top would drive me god damned insane. Was the screen adjusted for that black border or does it come like that?

Are consolefags literally admitting that they're all a bunch of stupid normalfags and that's the reason why they're scared of touching a bare pcb?

Well I could tell you that PC sales have been declining for years but that would likely trigger too many people so never mind.
And then people would argue about how huge Steam is and then I would counter that high end PCs make up only a small portion of all those accounts and it would all be a waste of keystrokes.

Honestly smartphones are the new frontier.

roastie detected

>PC sales
Are you talking about prebuilts? Nobody in their right mind would ever buy a prebuilt

Lol PC gamers are stuck with Steam. You know that.

You can never leave.

They look like ATHM50s so making good decisions is what he's doing. They're worth the tinnitus.

There's always GoG and piratebay

No all PC sales.

Look I'm not even going to source it. People don't want to hear it and that's fine. Been over this before.

fuck I didnt even notice that until now, fuck you. at that point I would spend the $20 for a tripod. Or fashion some way of standing it out of the screen, I have that webcam on mine and I can think of a few ways.

Ofcourse, that's what I do too.

But GoG is pretty small and publishers don't like them.

Give me individual hardware sales, not the PC package sales. Phones and laptops are the sole reason why prebuilts are dying.

>Do you think there will ever be a point when consoles are dropped entirely and everyone plays on pc?

No.

>will consoles be around forever?

Also no. The future of gaming hardware will consist of high-end PCs and mobile devices. You'll plug a smartphone into your TV and it'll stream AAA games from the cloud. This is 10-15 years away but it's coming.

They don't like anime so weebs don't like them as well.

>using a completely moronic, false analogy that completely misrepresents the complexity of building a PC

This is why normal people hate you. You may as well use the same analogy to explain open heart surgery. At the end of the day it's just about putting things together, right?

>upfront cost is cheaper. long term cost is where the console loses, especially if you want to play online

Let's say you buy an Xbox One for $250 and 8 full years of Xbox Live (which is 8 * $60 = $480)

That's $730. Many people spend that much, or way more, on their gaming PC, such as this man, whose PC comes in at $1322 (almost twice the cost):

All these gross peasants. No idea what the /nu/ Cred Forums gold pass is.

Cred Forums Pass user since September 2016.

If all your games averaged out to 27.5 GB (which I seriously doubt) you would only need a 9TB hard drive (or 3 TB obviously)

Entire forums of the internet are devoted to people trying to get games to run on their specific hardware because there are bugs or frame rate issues or whatever else.

Nope, the original XB1 and PS4 will still play all the latest games up until the end of the generation. Microsoft and Sony are requiring that of all developers. Neither the Scorpio or Pro will have any exclusive games. You already knew that though. I don't know why you're trying to make an argument quite clearly based on falsehoods 2bh.

>At least with PCs, you can just replace your graphics card

A component that can cost as much as an entire console.

Nope.

But it's literally that fucking simple. There's no more soldering, there's no more IRQ assignments there's no more of that stuff that made building a PC bullshit in the past. You just put the hardware together, install the OS and install drivers and then your done.

>Let's say you buy an Xbox One for $250 and 8 full years of Xbox Live (which is 8 * $60 = $480)
>forgetting the cost of the games
>defending paid online

So what? Console gamers are stuck with their own store.
>inb4 physical games
When your disc scratch/rot/break you have to buy the whole game again. When steam shutdown I'll just crack all my game folder.

If you can read then putting a pc together isn't difficult. Maybe put down the cheetos and stop masturbating for a few hours and you can get some shit done that requires a small amount of brain power you lazy cunt.

What are those small bottles on your desk? Are they vials of Super Male Vitality™?

listen to this man, people
he is a Cred Forums pass user since 2012, not some poorfag

>How will you download games if the internet shuts down??

>Entire forums of the internet are devoted to people trying to get games to run on their specific hardware because there are bugs or frame rate issues or whatever else.
If you're talking about older games or dolphin trying to run on an AMD processor then this point is moot. It's very rare to see this shit happen and if it does happen to a large amount of issue and this issue gets known, those problems will get fixed right away.

>Nope, the original XB1 and PS4 will still play all the latest games up until the end of the generation
>create game too powerful for the original xb1 and ps4

>A component that can cost as much as an entire console.
can, not will. Also, you say that as if all the other components will add to the cost of the upgrade as well when it's already there

You know it isn't "literally that fucking simple" and you are deliberately misleading people.

Does an Xbox require you to know about components? No. Does it require you to know what motherboard is compatible with what CPU? No. Does it require you to know about DDR3/DDR4 RAM? No. Does it require you to know about SATA and PCI-E connections? No. Does it require you to learn how to safely install a CPU, apply the correct amount of thermal paste, and safely and correctly install a heatsink/fan / cooler? No. Does it require you to know about putting the standoffs in your case before you install the motherboard? No. Does it require you to know about BIOS settings? No. Does it require you to know how to install RAM properly without breaking it? No.

You are deliberately being obtuse because, as I said in a previous post, being a nerd is who you are, and computers are your hobby, and as such they are your source of pride and self-worth. But for normal people with lives to lead and things to do, they don't care about any of that shit. They just want to play games. So that's what they do.

Listen to this guy plebs, he has been a Cred Forums platinum user since 4 years ago!

>Does it require you to know what motherboard is compatible with what cpu?
>check mb box for socket
>check cpu box for socket

>Does it require you to know about DDR3/DDR4 RAM
>look at mb box

>Does it require you to know about SATA and PCI-E connections?
I literally just said fitting what into what hole and you manged to confuse a small sata connecter with a long-ass pcie connector. The rest are in the fucking instructions. Are you literally admitting that consolefags are literally too retarded to read the fucking manual to the point that they can't accomplish something that's already laid out clearly for them?

>Does it require you to know about BIOS settings?
Hoo boy, you're literally this retarded. Unless you're overclocking, literally nobody has to go through the fucking bios ever since the the mid 2000s rolled around.

I know this must come as a surprise, but most adult men dont want things up their rectum.

Nope. After one day of research maybe bouncing around forums asking about compatibility and a day of putting things together with a guide to keep shit fresh in your mind then you'd be good to go. If you have a friend who has already been through the process then that makes things even simpler.
You're just arrogant and stupid so you think everyone is dumber than you are and would have as hard of a time as you did.

They will be around forever and it's not such a terrible thing. You need a containment area to keep certain games/people.

>Do you think there will ever be a point when consoles are dropped entirely and everyone plays on pc?

Do not tempt us with stories of the promised land! BE GONE!

I don't think there will be such a point.

Nothing points towards it.

Consoles and PCs fulfill fundamentally different requirements.

I've helped 3 computer tarded console fags out in the past year, help them pick parts for reasonably expensive PCs. All of them, as retarded as they are, still managed to build their machies without any issues. They mostly plugged stuff where it fits or watched 2 min videos on youtube how to do it. Children can do it

When picking parts for their PC, i just made them get bundles so it's not like I had to do any ram/mobo matching, just hinted which ones were good value for money.

No I'm not just talking about old games. I've often seen PC people complain on boards about having frame-rate issues even with good hardware and seemingly the latest drivers, but weird issues creep into the fold. That's just the nature of PC gaming since everybody has a slightly different set-up. On a console, problems like this are basically non-existent, because everybody has the exact same set of hardware, which the developer has specifically developed for and tested against.

>create game too powerful for the original xb1 and ps4

Not going to happen because MS and Sony are not allowing exclusives for the Scorpio or Pro like I said.

>can, not will.

A solid graphics card that allows you to play all the latest games costs ~£150 - £200. Many cost WAY more than that. An Xbox One costs £230. You basically have to spend 70% - 80% the cost of a console, at least, to have a graphics card capable of playing the same games.

>Also, you say that as if all the other components will add to the cost of the upgrade as well when it's already there

...no I don't. I was just talking about the graphics card alone. But every 8 years (length of a console generation) you will probably find yourself having to upgrade the CPU as well, which is another maybe £100, more or less. And that might require another mobo, for another £100, more or less.

Never underestimate the average persons ability to be incredibly stupid.

PC's allow you to completely fuck up your system through ignorance. Consumers don't want to spend 5 minutes learning how to do something correctly, they want their hand held and someone to do everything for them. Even as consoles lose everything that made them more convenient than PC's one by one (installing games, huge system and game updates, driver updates) people will still turn to console because they can buy one box, stick it under the TV and never have to worry about fucking it up with more viruses than a $2 hooker.

I'm glad for you guys that you've found something you're enthusiastic about and that you want to spend the time and energy learning about it.

Many people have far more important things to do in their lives than spend such time and energy on something that is meant to provide enjoyment at the end of their workday.

>I've often seen PC people complain on boards about having frame-rate issues even with good hardware and seemingly the latest drivers, but weird issues creep into the fold
And those issues are very rare. Stop exaggerating

>probably
yes, probably. It will still run a reasonably speced game. Meanwhile, that indie game that require literally no power to run but is exclusive to PS4 isn't going to run on your PS3

The difference is in whether or not the person wants an optimal experience and certain genres of games, especially strategy and simulation, that virtually don't exist on console. The people who want these things are intelligent enough to not have any trouble figuring out how to put a pc together and don't mind a little extra money because they're getting more value. The people who don't are poor and stupid console peasants.

Help me please. Cred Forums failed me and I need a second opinion

About to have a battle station of my own, but I want to know if this is a good build or not. (Yes I'm buying a pre-built computer, I don't have the time to build one and I don't feel like learning right now. I will eventually)

I mainly just want to know if I'm missing anything or not, and if this will run well.

This was the bulid I chose and altered with the help of a friend.

>Many people have far more important things to do in their lives than spend such time and energy on something that is meant to provide enjoyment at the end of their workday
Like spacing out on the couch in front of a TV? An activity that requires virtually the same amount of energy as watching youtube tutorials?

Well you're here so clearly you're a god damned space pimp rolling in pussy yourself.

This. People need to stop being so elitist and consider the fact that normies are the majority and that they're unwilling to spend a short amount of time in exchange for long-term gains.

>I have a job so I can't take 10 seconds to look at the box for my motherboard to determine what generation CPU it supports

It's a socket, it's pretty fucking simple. I know my MB has an 1150 socket, which means it supports 4th and 5th generation Intel CPU's. 6th Gen has an 1155 which means it won't fit.

>I have a job I don't have time to learn if my car takes petrol or diesel
>I have a job I don't have time to learn if my console plays Xbox or Wii U games

If you're complaining about the "complexity" of building PCs, you're pretty much giving the PC gamers the right to be elitists. Of course you're going to have that kind of attitude when everyone else pretty much admits that they're stupid and arrogant about being stupid.

Well it doesn't come with a monitor and if I added this shit up right you could probably knock off $300-$400 if you bought the parts separately. There's no monitor even though there's a picture of one in the thumbnail.
It seems like a gyp to me, but I guess it comes down to what you're willing to pay for convenience.

fuck off with your prebuilt, ok?

They tried to do that already with Steam Machines and completely missed the point.
Honestly even my friends who I've walked through every step of the process, if not outright built PCs for them, have problems and don't understand upkeep and maintenance.
It's gotten to the point where I just don't offer people help or advice anymore, because even if I build them an awesome PC they're gonna fuck it up because they're stupid.
The last guy I built an awesome budget PC for, fucked it up literally that same day by downloading a Skype installer that had a virus in it.
How he did that I've still not managed to figure out.

They're really not that rare at all. I would say that anyone who has ever PC gamed has had at least one time when they've had to search down new drivers at the least - and you might say that's hardly much effort, but why go through the effort at all? Why choose something with more problems when there's a cheaper option with fewer problems?

>Meanwhile, that indie game that require literally no power to run but is exclusive to PS4 isn't going to run on your PS3

Good thing consoles only require you to buy new hardware every 8 years then

>optimal experience

That's exactly the point, many people don't give a fuck about 60fps or 1440p or extreme graphics settings, they just want to play games

>certain genres of games, especially strategy and simulation

If you want those genres then buy a PC. I'm not saying don't buy a PC. I'm explaining why people buy consoles, to support my argument that consoles will stay around at least for a while longer, which is answering the question of this thread.

>The people who don't are poor and stupid console peasants.

Again, that's what you tell yourself because knowing about PCs is your hobby, it's your sense of self-worth. But many rich people buy consoles with a fuckton of games and a 50" TV and all the shit to go with it.

Price of parts or equivalents in USD
80 PSU
250 CPU
250 GPU
100 RAM
90 Case
140 SSD
50 HD
20 Optical drive
Total - ~$980 before shipping or a price difference of ~$342

I didn't include the aftermarket cooling shit since that's not really necessary unless you're running something higher end or plan on intense overclocking.

>rich people buy consoles with a fuckton of games and a 50" TV and all the shit to go with it
If I had the money I'd get every console out there, hook them up to a nice audio/video switcher connected to a 70" LED TV and 7.1 sound system, and all the good exclusives for each console. Sadly I'm not that rich, so I'll stick with my $900 build that can emulate any past, present and future console.

>his mouse isn't made of the finest Real®Japanese™ Stainless Steel with a DPI of over 2,000,000

enjoy your carpal tunnel

I'm with the others on this, you'll save much more money just building the computer yourself with parts you order, however you could buy those parts and then have a local computer store build it if you really didn't want to do it yourself.

It's honestly not that hard to build a computer, I've built two in the last year, one for me and a friend and I had no clue how to do it. I just watched a few Youtube videos on it and a few hours later I was done.

It seems to me there will always be players who want to have their own hardware to run their own software (or at least to a large degree) and own games on it. PCs are too diverse unless they can make it all extremely stable then it has a chance, PCs just always seem to have their issues even if it's just 1 percent of the experience.

Bigger sensitivity = less potential for good aiming
Do you enjoy being a shit player and ruining games for your teammates?

Shield. Goes with the Nvidia's tablet or TV console

>That's exactly the point, many people don't give a fuck about 60fps or 1440p or extreme graphics settings, they just want to play games
>If you want those genres then buy a PC. I'm not saying don't buy a PC. I'm explaining why people buy consoles, to support my argument that consoles will stay around at least for a while longer, which is answering the question of this thread.
Why not just say it then? Consoles are for stupids. If you want to put my ego aside then can you at least agree as a generalization that among people who pursue games as their hobby, or something that they spend a lot of time on, that console users mostly do it because they're kind of dull and lazy. I'm not talking about the people who just kind of like to play games every now and then, but the people who spend a dozen or so hours a week whether it be on pc or console, because I'd say if you're going to go that deep into it then you might as well spend a little time learning how to put the shit together and spend a little extra money so that you do get the optimal experience. That's all I'm trying to say. I know there are plenty of intelligent people who play consoles on a casual basis and don't really give a fuck, but I'm not talking about them. For people who are into games for more than occasional casual fun than I think consoles are almost useless and definitely not worth the cash.

no....more likely hardware will get to the point of cost where graphical quality is acceptable to 90% of people. we're approaching that point in about 10 years. i have been on 1080p for the longest time now. and according to most hardware surveys, most people are on 720/1080.

so consoles only need to optimize to HIGH settings at 1080p and we're set. i say that a pure PC gamer.

That's not what I said. I am not making any claims about myself. I am explaining why people buy consoles, and why I think they will continue to be popular for at least a while. Which is the whole point of this thread.

You're both right although you are wrong to think these people are automatically "stupid". Many of them just don't want to spend the time learning stuff they don't need to learn when they can just buy a console and play their games straight away.

That's your prerogative, I'm just explaining why people buy consoles.

No. People are cheap and don't realize paying for online and limited options are what consoles are all about.

I wouldn't mind consoles if they were modular or at least devs put in options like fov and the such

Nothing like opening an fps on consoles with a low ass fov where the weapon takes up 50% of the screen

NOTHING triggers me more.

It's hard to get the optimal experience when publishers lock games behind consoles.

Like what? That really hasn't been a problem on pc for a while now. Bloodborne is the only example that sticks out in my mind. There was a time on Cred Forums when everyone was shouting about how PC gaming was dead, but that's been a pretty long while. I literally can't think of anything I want on PC off of consoles other than Bloodborne. Consoles have games that are equivalent to Summer blockbuster movies.

PC gaming is way more likely to die off than console gaming.

At this point, if you use a PC for stuff other than gaming, it will never be obsolete.

You'll never need a faster PC for email, YouTube, Facebook, Word/Excel, etc. The only thing that makes a PC obsolete is the hardware failing or needing a faster computer for gaming.

When you consider the cost of a good gaming computer (say $1000-1500ish) vs the cost of a regular computer (say $500ish), it gets harder to justify using a PC for gaming.

Add in the fact that most major titles are targeting console games first and there are plenty of exclusives that won't make it to PC, there isn't a really good reason to play games on the computer.

The day consoles die is the day gaming does.

>That's not what I said. I am not making any claims about myself. I am explaining why people buy consoles, and why I think they will continue to be popular for at least a while. Which is the whole point of this thread.
Fine, sure. I just wanted to make the point that people who do claim that gaming is their hobby and only play on consoles are cancerous vermin who should be thrown into incinerators.

What is a workstation

What is the billion dollar industry that is video games

I'm pretty sure that the video game industry is more profitable than movies. It's not going anywhere. Especially on the platform with the least hurdles when it comes to publishing.

When you consider that fact that consoles have little to no customization and paid online multiplayer it gets harder to justify using a console for gaming. Also, there haven't been worthwhile console exclusives for years.

It's funny how you people think the majority shares your opinion.

if that guy gets so triggered about an api I wonder how he can develop for the ps4 at all...

that pos is such a failure on hardware architectual level

I don't. I'm just giving reasons why I prefer PC over consoles.

damn son...
sorry to bring it to you in this way, but the majority of gaming is infact on the PC.

and yes they play on toasters

are those screens any good? i wanted to get one, but not sure how it is

>the majority of gaming is infact on the PC
I'm curious about where you're getting that from. It seems that more people would rather get a console than figure out how to set up a PC correctly.

Your opinion is wrong and you seem to be a poorly educated person not worthy of a response beyond that.

Maybe once Steam is upgraded from being total crap to actually good.
Why are online stores for video games ALL shitty as hell? Steam, PS Store, Nintendos joke of a store, they're all clumsy as fuck to navigate

How is Steam total crap?

PC overtook console players quite heftily this generation. Console sales for all consoles this generation combined totals around 80 million.
Active steam users is around 125 million.
That's not including the millions not on Steam, but for example the many millions of Chinese playing games like League, Dota, or WoW although there's likely some overlap there.

>want to buy a game that I already own for a friend, waiting for it to go on sale
>can't even see the price anymore because I own it already
that's one

Wat. I can see prices for all the games I already own on Steam.

That's not what I'm talking about. There will always be a market for both because normies will always be excited for console releases. The only reason why PC has more players is because of the overlap and the availability of PCs in third world countries compared to consoles.

literally google
top 10 played games on PC were 20% of all gaming revenue made in 2015
all consoles and handhelds combined was like 25 billion while PC gaming made 17 billion last year
ios and android are below PC as well though I'm too lazy to check the other tab now

I'm not surprised. Consoles are losing what made them unique. Namely plug-and-play functionality ala GameCube and PS2. They're just as encumbered by updates as PC and the current generation of consoles are literally PCs. Not to mention optimization for console has gone down the drain with recent generation, with framerate all over the place. I'd rather have 30fps than jumpy framerates anywhere from 60 to 20.

That's a valid point. I tend to copy the URL into my browser when I want to look at the store page as if I didn't own the game. Then again, other online stores like Google Play and iPhone App Store also don't show you the price of something you already bought.

console market is the biggest in usa and eu
in the rest of the world not so much...

on a global scale PC gaming is bigger than console gaming

>Nintendo making PC games

That'd sure be interesting

USA and Europe generally have a higher standard of living so people can afford to buy consoles and stick up with all the atrocities they come with like paid online services. In less affluent countries PC does everything so there's no need to spend money on consoles.

Even if you say all console users also have Steam accounts and subtract 80 million for some fucking reason from active steam accounts, PC still has more players than PS4.

It's funny how everyone wants to use the price of PCs as a point against it and you want to use the fact that it's readily available and affordable to people who don't have a lot of money against it.

Nintendo is a curious one.

They don't make massive profits off third party games on their systems so why don't they just release on other platforms? Reason sony and ms want to lock down people to their hardware is to sell them paid online with 60 dollar third party games and reap the 30% fee + initial fee to put a game on their console

Does nintendo profit massively off hardware? They don't charge for online either

Nintendo profits off decent optimization and a customer base that believes everything they put out is generally good. I have a 3DS because I felt like it's the only unique current-gen console and it's portable enough to carry around.

No, it's the cheapest form of entertainment you can get in the now moment. In the long run a PC is without a doubt better, but nobody thinks for the future especially when you're about to drop $800-1500 on a PC with desk+monitor. Plus why buy a computer when you already have a macbook little Timmy? :^)

Top it off, destroying your console through software is almost impossible whereas PC it's easy to be 'destroyed'. Nobody ain't got the money for $200 to spend at geeksquad.

Though one thing that is happening is the trend towards more and more PC users. I guess the PC master race thing worked. It's forcing more and more devs to release on PC as well and Microsoft seems to want that market. Good thing gamers are retarded and will use w/e garbage client that they're forced to use with a game. Though uplay and origin aren't bad, but they're still not good. Every other publisher client is pure garbage and there for to mark off a checkbox for marketing or some stupid shit.

>Nobody ain't got the money for $200 to spend at geeksquad
If you have to take your computer to geeksquad because you messed its software up maybe you should just stay away from computers in general. Even my grandparents know how to reinstall from the OS install disc and make backups of their important files.

Buddy, the post I replied to said that consoles were dying because of online paywall and lack of exclusives. I'm saying that's billshit because the majority of people don't care about paywall and has plenty of games they're looking forward to. I couldn't care less about player number, because 80 million players is still a great number.

This condescending attitude is another reason why the PC playerbase sucks.

The only reason we are so "condescending" is because there's no reason why people shouldn't spend 30 seconds learning how to maintain their own equipment. It's not that hard and I feel that there's something seriously wrong if you can't put a CD into a slot and press enter twice.

And only PC players too. You can't start your car, you go on car forums, people help you. Can't work your vacuum, there's help. Can't work your PC, pleb, why are you even using a PC, get a different hobby.

How do you think I learned how to work a PC? Of course I went on forums and read tutorials and trid them with my own PC. Just like how I went on forums for car problems and learned how to fix my car on my own. Just like how I read about electronics so I can fixed a burned-out motor in my vacuum or replace a belt. It's all about willing to learn so you save money by knowing how to fix things yourself.

And then you refuse to pass on what you learned. Pretty sums up all PC players.

It's strange though. With PC a lot of people just throw their hands up and give up even though it's typically the simplistic one to fix.

I'm not trying to give off such a high horse attitude, but it's still true that most people will take their shit to a 3rd party to fix their PC problems. Maybe not to such an exaggeration as geeksquad.

Oh, do I? I help others with their problems and encourage them to learn how to fix other problems should they arise. I point them to informational websites and guides and I show them every step of the way. Don't let a couple of sour apples ruin the entire basket.

No, because the things which make consoles popular -- e.g., "it just works" even if you never touched a computer in your life (because it's so locked-down that you couldn't customize any aspect of the setup if you wanted to) -- will continue to be attractive features for as long as normal people think video games are socially acceptable. A proper "personal computer" will necessarily have more options, starting with the decision of what parts to buy, and will therefore be too difficult for the average """gamer""" who is only going to play video games for one hour a week anyway.

Accusing this real person of being the straw man you imagined in your head is no way to win an argument.

There are plenty of forums where people can get PC help. This isn't one of them, and neither is Cred Forums, but that's nothing to get butthurt over.

>Top it off, destroying your console through software is almost impossible whereas PC it's easy to be 'destroyed'. Nobody ain't got the money for $200 to spend at geeksquad.

How do you manage to fuck up your PC so badly that you need to pay a professional to fix it? You're not going to get a virus from video games or from browsing normal web sites.

Just don't download every free browser toolbar you see and you should be perfectly fine.

>You're not going to get a virus from video games or from browsing normal web sites.
Except normal websites have third-party ads that have served nasty ransomware before. All you need is an ad blocker and a bit of common sense and you won't fuck up your computer. This means not downloading random files or email attachments.

it's already moving to that point. as we all know, the pc market is by far the biggest (in general, not talking about pc gaming market) and we're seeing both sony and MS try and attempt to break into this market via things like PSnow and windows store for xbox exclusives. both companies know that they can make massive profits by winning over the pc market and it will benefit them in the long run as they can simply focus on software sales instead of console hardware sales (which are barely profitable for either company). i can easily see sony becoming an out and out software company who focus on their jap exclusives and sell them via psnow. i can also see MS ditching xbox as a console and turning it into a brand for pc and selling windows 10 prebuilts under the name of 'xbox'. nintendo as we all know are moving to the mobile market.

It'll happen in 10 or 15 years.