Serious question:

Serious question:
how can anyone defend console gaming if it is the number one reason for casualization ( less complexity, bad input, dumb normie audience etc. )

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_games#Early_history_.281948.E2.80.931972.29
gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-linux-society-1000004/big-pc-exclusives-of-2016-2017-and-2018-new-31154099/
steamcommunity.com/app/335300/discussions/0/490124466456193175/
youtube.com/watch?v=AHYUYOR0mw0#t=7m59s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck off nerd, kill yourself

I would have defend Playstation+ from 2010-2013 since you get a lot of value for $60 a year.

Now you get jack shit

Only games that release on PC have enough depth and are engaging enough to interest me, there is nothing good on consoles besides maybe bloodborne.

Console gaming is fun as long as you play some MK, or some sidescrollers. Not fucking rpgs and fps's.

with consoles, i can play with friends. you can't.

do u have friends?

Which is confirmed for pc btw

Many people mistakenly attribute the problems and disadvantages of Windows to PCs as a whole and think that consoles are somehow special not realizing that their perceived advantages of consoles like the PS4 are really advantages of UNIX-like operating systems since modern consoles are (with the exception of the Xbox) simply low end budget PCs running BSD based OSes.

>Gaming consoles are for normies
>Everyone has a PC and has access to games on it
>You have to buy a console specifically for gaming which not every man, woman and child will own

Which one is the normie crowd again?

Ever heard of steam?

i play 80% strategy so console doesn't interest me that much. i have fo4/gta5 on ps4 and thats it.

ever heard of the internet?

Never heard of Teamspeak?

idk user, some games on console seems more exciting than on PC

Well 90% of people who buy PS4 are dudebros who onyl play FIFA and CoD. Don't belive me? Look it up, Bloodbourne didn't even come close to FIFA

And? You have more people who own PCs than you do with people who own consoles and that's not just PS4 but all current gen consoles across the board. PC has facebook moms and tweenagers who play CS:GO on their Dad's Windows Vista machine. Between the two demographics, who's more normie?

At least PC can compensate with real hardcore titlles. Consoles have close to none. Only fighting games, but they are on PC too. Name at least five ''hardcore'' console titles, i dare you.
>inb4 Bloodbourne
Souls games are casual af.

>Everyone has a PC and has access to games on it

Maybe 5-10 years ago everybody had a PC. Now the majority of people just use their phone. If they have a PC its either a laptop that is incapable of playing games thanks to its intel graphics or its an old Windows 7 or even Windows XP box that's sitting in a corner gathering dust.

>Everyone has a PC
A PC that can play games? I don't think so. Most PCs that people have have integrated graphics.

Did you know that PCs can play games that aren't AAA titles?

Also, yes, just about everyone now has a smart phone which even then outweighs PC users and consoles altogether. The normie crowd for mobile gaming is still greater than console users.

What's the point of doing so? Just because a platform has what you say is "hardcore" doesn't mean that it devalues the other platforms. They both play games and honestly PC has more casual games than it does hardcore ones.

You are saying that PC is a ''normie'' platform just because it has avaliable games for normies to play. Meanwhile, PS4 has ONLY normie games, and no hardcore titles. The result is that PS4 caters only to normies

yet 99% of PC gamers play the same casual shit ported from consoles or even more casual shit like WoW. There would be no PC gaming if not for consoles, consider yourselves lucky

>There would be no PC gaming if not for consoles
Nigger are you serious? PC gaming has existed longer that console gaming, and the fact that console games are MADE ON PC makes your statement even more retarded. Kill yourself

Because the master race doesn't support PC genres like RTS but buy ports of console games instead to run on their supposed mustard set up.

The original definition of a "casual gamer" was just someone who plays shit like Bejeweled and Peggle. It sprang up around the time the Wii was breaking sale records and shit like Wii Fit and Wii Party were the top selling games of all time. By this original logic, the "casual gamers" of 2016 are those who play exclusively mobile games.
There was some paranoia about AAA stop being made in favor of an endless stream of Angry Birds-tier garbage, but that obviously hasn't happen. But Cred Forums, being Cred Forums, gradually expanded the term to "anyone who plays simplistic games" to "anything who plays easy games" to "anyone who plays games I don't like".

PROTIP: if your mom can't play it, it wasn't "casualized".

Simple. "Casualization" is not a bad thing if it leads to a wider audience and thus a larger revenue pool.

Depends on what you define as normie games. Does Dark Souls, Forza, Uncharted, Battlefield and so on count as normie games? Before you hammer down about "multiplats" I'd like to remind you that virutally the entire PC library is multiplat unless you want to say that Undertale is hardcore.

This. Ther are so many fucking buzzwords to ''game i don't like'' it is getting out of controll
>meme game
>casual game
>sjw game
>Cred Forums game
>AAA
>indietrash
>nostalgiatrash
For fuck's sake

There's more 'normies' that don't know how to build RIGs, pirate games, like the mouse/keyboard or have the money to afford the parts.

Plus you have brand loyalty (whatever the fuck that means) an exclusives.

Most people are stupid so consoles appeal to them.

Most people who use PCs also use them for college or business related shit so they tend to be more tech savvy.

But what the fuck do I know?

It used to be that consoles were easier. You just put in the game and plagued without having to deal with installs, updates, compatibility issues and everything.

Obviously that is not true anymore. The closest thing we have to an old school console is Wii U but even that has updates, storage issues and other things getting in the way of games.

Hopefully NX is super simple and can make console gaming great again.

You mean this?

Those are all normie games. I am talking about games with certain mechanical depth and skill curve to them. Dwarf Fortress for example, or RTS and fighting games. Games that normies won't be able to just pick up and play because they need certain ammount of knowledge about videogames to be able to play and enjoy said games.

Well then unfortunately you're wrong. Just because you like to play obscure 5th party titles from page 30 on Steam doesn't immediately make everything else a normie game.

Then how is Uncharted ''hardcore''? I would love to hear an explanation

>PC gaming has existed longer that console gaming

and has been on the brink of death since 15 years ago

There's nothing more "normie" than saying "normie".

This isn't 2010 anymore.

>and has been on the brink of death since 15 years ago
God, you are getting more and more retarded by each statement you make. If PC gameing has been on the brink of death, HOW IS IT STILL NOT DEAD FOR 15 FUCKING YEARS? Do you even think about what you type you mong?

Can your mom play it?

Probably. My dad can at least, he has a PS4 with some basic stuff like FIFA and Battlefield

>If PC gameing has been on the brink of death, HOW IS IT STILL NOT DEAD FOR 15 FUCKING YEARS?

console ports saved it
you're all playing the same casual shit console players do

By the broadest possible definition of 'PC' that's true, but that definition would also be broad enough to include the consoles themselves as 'PCs'.

Modern NT based Windows only dates back to the late 90s, and the current primary CPU architecture in PCs AMD64 only dates back to the early 00s.

The earliest console games in the 70s weren't developed on personal computers because they didn't really exist yet. Of course modern consoles like the Xbox have far more in common with modern PCs than they do with those simple consoles of the 70s to the late 90s.

Because console gaming is the reason there's a market. Vidya would be extremely niche otherwise

if PC is so hardcore why doesn't it have Guilty Gear Xrd Relevator?

except you're delusional and I'm not touching your garbage games

>implying that's a bad thing

I'd rather have a few good games that were made because someone wanted to make a good game than a million pieces of shit churned out for profit with only a handful of them being passable.

Nice Photoshop.

>same consoleshit
Firstly, you allready confirmed that games on consoles are shit. Thank you. Secondly
>MMO's
>MOBA's
>FPS like CS:GO and other Arena shooters
>RTS
There are games on PC that have more players than there are PS4 units sold. And you state that it is ''dead'? Looks more like the console market is just slowing PC down

>multiplats
Oh yes, look at all them multiplats on pc

>tfw your PC fucks its shit up
>tfw trying to live with a CFW PS3

CS:GO isn't PC exclusive

I like casual games :)

Now, watch all the sonyniggers implode with
>LOL LOOK AT ALL THOSE SHIT INDIETRASH MEME GAMES XDDDD NEVER EVERRR
Im calling it

paint team fortress 2 red aswell considering the last gen console versions haven't been updated in years.

yea, csgo was released on last gen consoles and haven't been updated since how long? are the servers even still online?

You'd actually prefer to have less good games because there would be less bad games? w e w

>PC IS THE FUTURE OF GAMING WITH ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES GUYS

but PC is the reason for

>VR GAMING STARTING WITH OCULUS
>INDIE SHIT AND EARLY ACCESS SHIT (HAS STRONGLY SEEPED INTO PS4 AND XBOX TO MAKE A QUICK BUCK SINCE STEAM STARTED IT ALL)
>GRAPHICS WHORES / WARS
>MUH TEXTURES
>OVERPRICED HARDWARE
>SHIT LIKE OVERWATCH
>MASTERBATING OVER 'MUH RIG, MUH BATTLESTATION (ABSOLUTE SCUM)
>CLAIMING TO LIKE OLD GAMES AND HAVE ENDLESS BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY WHILE STILL SAYING CONSOLE GRAPHICS ARE SHIT (MAKE YOUR FUCKING MIND UP, DO GRAPHICS MATTER OR NOT)
>PAYING FULL PRICE FOR UNFINISHED SHIT LIKE DAY-Z, IT ALL STARTED ON PC

PROVE ME WRONG

>mobas, indie games, 10 year old mobas

To be honest you have questionable taste, some of those games are good and is what PC gaming is all about but you're clinging to some of those games as if a Sony fan would recommend you to buy a little big planet for ps4 simply because it's an exclusive. That's how this list comes off.

To top it off though none of those games which aren't AAA multiplat even require a PC that costs more than $200

>don't call my mobas and indie games mobas and indie games

Waahh

it's also playable on Xbox one.
for fucks sake, the game began as a port of Source for 360.
it's sad how one of the top steam games is consolized trash, that only maintains popularity cause of kids gambling

How it this bad? VR is the future of gaming user. Maybe not know but some day.

>INDIE SHIT AND EARLY ACCESS SHIT (HAS STRONGLY SEEPED INTO PS4 AND XBOX TO MAKE A QUICK BUCK SINCE STEAM STARTED IT ALL)
There are tons of great indie games. Terraria, Minecraft, Shovelknight
>GRAPHICS WHORES / WARS
More pressure for devs to go for better graphics on their games.
>MUH TEXTURES
Same as above
>OVERPRICED HARDWARE
Like the PS4?
>SHIT LIKE OVERWATCH
JUST BECAUSE I DONT LIKE A GAME MEANS IT IS SHIT. Kill yourself
>MASTERBATING OVER 'MUH RIG, MUH BATTLESTATION (ABSOLUTE SCUM)
So what? People have hobbies you know, nothing wrong with that.
>CLAIMING TO LIKE OLD GAMES AND HAVE ENDLESS BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY WHILE STILL SAYING CONSOLE GRAPHICS ARE SHIT (MAKE YOUR FUCKING MIND UP, DO GRAPHICS MATTER OR NOT)
On newer games yes, not on NES titles you retarded mong
This i can agree on. Thought you can allways just NOT BUY THE FUCKING GAME.
Sit the fuck down kiddo

What's with all this shitposting threads? PCucks are still mad after they btfo yesterday with Persona 5 and Yakuza?

>he replied with exactly the same thing i called
Heh :^)

Don't care don't matter

>SHIT LIKE OVERWATCH

what kind of argument is that

There is a lot of fantastic games being developed by independent studios like arma 3, red orchestra, divinity original sin, pillars of eternity, rocket league,factorio, rimworld, stardew valley, and dozens of others in recent years I'm not gonna bother mentioning

if you scream LE LE LE INDIE SHIT you are a fucking idiot, I rather have hundreds of Indie games than the AAA shit Naughty Dog poops out

>GRAPHICS WHORES / WARS
>MUH TEXTURES
>>CLAIMING TO LIKE OLD GAMES AND HAVE ENDLESS BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY WHILE STILL SAYING CONSOLE GRAPHICS ARE SHIT (MAKE YOUR FUCKING MIND UP, DO GRAPHICS MATTER OR NOT)

Xdddd you can't have both riiight

DayZ never was a full price game, most early access titles are in the 20-40 dollar range

>OVERPRICED HARDWARE

If you are an idiot maybe.

>PC gaming has existed longer that console gaming

No, home consoles were first. At least check information before making laughing stock of yourself.

>weebtrash
No thanks, i have enough self respect to not approach those kind of '''''''''''''''games'''''''''''''''''.

Some people don't like to beg for games and play indie shit while waiting for vaporware forever. Is it so hard to understand?

>ignoring good games because of artstyle
PCucks everyone

>using weeb on Cred Forums
>having such a shitty taste

Reddit is better place for you PC friend.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_games#Early_history_.281948.E2.80.931972.29
>The first electronic digital computers, Colossus and ENIAC, were built during World War II to aid the Allied war effort against the Axis powers.
PC gaming was a thing allready at the beggining of 1950. Now fuck outta here

>liking anime
I hope you faggots were at least bullied in HS to teach you a lesson you degenerate scum

This is coming from a PC gaming enthusiast, the lines between console and PC's software should have never become this blurred and actual PC exclusive games/genres might still be alive and thriving today had neo PCMR users not fucked this platform via hardware/console wars and understood the most basic roles console play in this industry and the importance of it's separation from PC. I saw what was becoming of PC gaming years ago yet there was nothing I could do about it.

Multiplats could've literally all looked like optimized first party games like Uncharted through single spec targeting and streamlined development cycles yet everybody suffers now due to parity. And for some reason modern PC users choose to believe that consoles are the cause of this and not the fragmented fucking hardware platform that is PC or the millions of concurrent PC users who use PC's less powerful than current gen consoles. On the most basic level it's beyond clear that AAA games make the most sense on console hardware through the scope of optimization anyway.

In an ideal world PC's and consoles would be entirely separate, the PC platform would have remained a cheap and accessible platform that thrives within it's own niche of video games. In an ideal world Steam would have ensured a level of quality control and employed methods to ensure the fucking bedrock of PC gaming and PC exclusive genres would remain relevant and economically sustainable yet even the most suited platform regulators not only gave up of contributing quality software to it's own platform but allowed it to turn into the shovelware dump that it's become today.

The very reason to game on PC today is no longer it's fucking games but 2xTITAN X AAA graphics which has been the antithesis of PC gaming since it's inception. That's how badly this platform has been fucked by you. The golden age of PC gaming was a time when consoles and PC's were entirely separate platforms, nothing speaks louder than the truth.

>he don't even know what PC and PC gaming is

You just confirmed my theory that PCucks are technological illiterate retards.

Csgo has changed a lot over the past years, it is now a lot better than 1.6 or CSS
Also zombie escape servers are as fun as ever

>if you play japanese game that means you watch anime

My god, PCucks are surely stupid.

Have you read the fucking article? Just down below it says
>The earliest known written computer game was a chess simulation developed by Alan Turing and David Champernowne called Turochamp, which was completed in 1948 but never actually implemented on a computer. The earliest known computer games actually implemented were two custom built machines called Bertie the Brain and Nimrod, which played tic-tac-toe and the game of Nim, respectively. Bertie the Brain, designed and built by Josef Kates at Rogers Majestic, was displayed at the Canadian National Exhibition in 1950,[9] while Nimrod, conceived by John Bennett at Ferranti and built by Raymond Stuart-Williams, was displayed at the Festival of Britain and the Berlin Industrial Show in 1951.[10] Neither game incorporated a cathode ray tube (CRT) display.[11][12] The first games known to incorporate a monitor were two research projects completed in 1952, a checkers program by Christopher Strachey on the Ferranti Mark 1[13] and a tic-tac-toe program called OXO by Alexander Douglas on the EDSAC.[14] Both of these programs used a relatively static display to track the current state of the game board. The first known game incorporating graphics that updated in real time was a pool game programmed by William Brown and Ted Lewis specifically for a demonstration of the MIDSAC computer at the University of Michigan in 1954.[8]
Consolecucks confirmed not being able to fucking read

Honestly I've always felt this argument is over before it starts because PC players don't have to pay twice to use their own internet

>if you like good games that happen to have anime artstyle you watch and like anime
holy fuck PCucks are proven retards again

Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta, Vanquish

inb4 we can emulate them 15 years after the fact, pc ports 6 years after release

No defense for Generation 8 however

>the PC platform would have remained a cheap and accessible platform
This has literally never been the case, PC was always the expensive enthusiast choice, always. Doesn't matter how far back you go. Stop pretending to know more than you actually do.

As I said in By the broadest definition of 'PC' as a programmable computer without restrictions you can maybe make the argument, though most of those early computers weren't really 'personal' but there was probably some Bond villain in 69 running some predecessor of Rogue or Nethack on his personal UNIX computer.

Of course the modern Windows PC has more in common with the Xbox than it does with that machine.

I will ask you again. Do yoy even know what PC is you idiot and that whole article you keep quting isn't even about PC but earlier computer types? Literally all PCocks are mentally challenged or only you?

>PC players don't have to pay twice to use their own internet

They do this multiple times paying for MMO games. They also pay more for hardware and accessories.

PC doesn't have a single worthwhile exclusive that warrants a build that costs more than $100. And no, running shitty multiplats at better fps is not worth missing out on games like Bloodborne. Paying thousands of dollars to max shitty multiplats is the fucking antithesis of PC gaming and is exactly what's killing the platform and allowing it's own genres and exclusives to die.

Look at pic related, this is Ultra settings running on a laptop cpu with a 2011 gpu for $300, it completely smashes the validity of PC specs to pieces and shows you what can be achieved though optimization on a non-fragmented hardware platform. On PC you're essentially paying thousands of dollars for basic optimization and you somehow feel superior for it with the only AAA's you have access to still multiplats. It's shameful.

Face it modern PC users, you love AAA games you just hate them when their on consoles. You dropped 3 grand on your rig yet you feel cheated, you feel entitled to shitpost every first party AAA game that doesn't arrive to your platform, you derail and shitpost every console game thread to death because you are the most cancerous userbase whos gaming priorities are the most self-defeating. You place hardware over software yet we have to deal with your insecurity fueled shitposting 24/7 because you suddenly cant handle missing out on games.

You already killed the PC platform in pursuit of Ubisoft and EA garbage and now you're trying to kill consoles too and you are fuming that consoles get AAA exclusives. You thought that by throwing money at Nvidia first and third party developers would somehow bend over and grace you with games. Reality check you fucking hardware enthusiasts clowns, software ultimately matters, mods, controller support and steam sales will never fill that void of a lack of quality games, that's why you keep begging consoles for theirs.

There is nothing to defend consoles have better games.

DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW

MMO games generally don't use subscription models anymore, but I think you know as well as I do that it isn't equivalent anyway. That is for a single game and completely optional, while PSN and XBL are not optional no matter what game you're playing. If you want to use your internet you are paying a monthly fee for Sony/Xbox for no good reason.

You're not being jewed when you buy hardware, you can buy stuff within your price range and it is part of your freedom of an open platform to do so - unlike consoles where you get deliberately overpriced controllers/wireless adapters that are necessary to actually use the thing properly that you have no real freedom in purchasing. PSN and shit is pure greed and manipulation that they can get away with because they're on a closed platform, much like their forced advertising and forced updates that you have literally no choice but to take while paying them money for the privilege.

D D DDDELEEETE

Y-YOU'RE WRONG

>console exclusive genres: none
>PC exclusive genres: RTS, FPS without gutted controls, Grand Strategy, Actual Roguelikes and many more

Yes user it's all about the software :^)

Not entirely inaccurate, the growing power of budget hardware and the advent of cheap SOC based hardware threatens to destroy the current discrete hardware ecosystem pushing the price of high end hardware up as it becomes even more of a niche item.

PSN and XBL are also optional. With price of 60$ I get 24 games. Only jewed person is you. I don't need to buy additional controllers and some adapters because they are already included with console. On PC I have to buy them separately which raise cost of already overpriced paperweight with no games.

>90 replies
>33 posters
hmm, really make you think

They are not exclusive to PC. Also your games suck a dick and nobody wants them.

But PC DOES get the vast majority of decent AAA titles these days, it's in a better position there than ever

The only ones that really matter off the top of my head that didn't come were Bloodbourne and RDR, which is why they're memed on so much

AAA games are typically garbage this gen and most of last regardless

Holy shit PCucks
B T F O

also
>complain about console manufacturers spending THEIR money to fund exclusive games
>the company that practically has a monopoly on PC gaming hasn't made or funded a game in years

GRAPES

>AAA games are typically garbage this gen and most of last regardless

Nope, indie shit games are. I bet you fell for No Man's Sky blunder too my boy.

Consoles have no exclusives, PC have entire genres that cannot be ported to consoles.

That and the superior hardware are facts.

DELETE THIIIIIIIIIS

They are all exclusive to PC

All of them functionally do not work on consoles and the laughable attempts to change that like Halo Wars shows that

That's not saying you don't get countless retards who play FPS with autoaim and magnetic bullets on consoles who don't know better, but as we're on a video game board I assume the posters do know better

Sure, it's like console players sign in thousands pettions to get PC games. No wait, I think I mistaken something :^)

gamespot.com/forums/pc-mac-linux-society-1000004/big-pc-exclusives-of-2016-2017-and-2018-new-31154099/

READ AND WEEP PLEBEIANS

Hahaha funny post OP. Great parody of retarded PC faggots that actually think this

Stop.

You're essentially trying to say the entire third worlds access to gaming is more accessible and cheaper through consoles than it is PC. Stop nigga.

PC gaming at its roots is designed to be cheap and accessible, many games are developed to work on lower end operation systems by default

Bbrrrraaaaiiinnnnssss

Consoles can support kb/mouse but guess what? NO ONE FUCKING CARES about muh precision. They are just video games, people play them for fun and controllers just work.

They aren't. Your personal opinion about them is irrelebvant since no one cares about your shitty taste. We are talking about facts here.

I don't really even consider that Indie, wasn't that heavily Sony backed?

Really though games aren't indie or AAA, is that what you're trying to imply? Ubisoft, Capcom and other AAA companies have been churning out disaster after disaster and I don't think that's really up for debate. The only ones that do well are undeniable garbage like CoD and Fifa.

>Consoles have no exclusives

Yeah, I still remember when XCom was supposed to be PCuck's "our game" and would never ever be ported to consoles.

1-2 games?

PC has ENTIRE genres that are exclusive to them.

samefagging this hard

anything to keep the buyers remorse at bay right?

Like this:

Fuck your "complexity". These things are video GAMES, not video competitions. They exist in order to either let people have fun, or to give players a memorable experience (this is why "interactive" - or if you prefer, "cinematic" - "experience" is a much better designator for games made for adults).

What they abaolutely do NOT exist for is being a yardstick for tools like you to measure your e-peens with. Nobody gives a fuck how good you are at a fucking video game, and I have to choose between video games getting better and you having your way, I'll choose video games over your ass every day. If a game isn't satisfying to autists like you, you are free to piss off.

Meanwhile I will stick to actually enriching my mind and soul alongside playing a game. And if consoles are paving the way for a better future, that's all the better.

I won't be associated with the likes of you.

>No Man's Sky
>Indie
What?

>actually taking shitpost seriously
get a fucking life

To be fair, it was a timed exclusive for PCs even Linux was supported before consoles.

Today all exclusives are timed exclusives.

This is literally the opposite, even in the 90's PC gaming was about hardware. While arcades raped both consoles and computers when it comes to 3d because the hardware was so expensive, PC was responsible for almost every innovation in home 3d gaming.

>1-2 games?
False.
>PC has ENTIRE genres that are exclusive to them
False agai.

PC haven't got worthwile exclusive since years.

It's not personal opinion my friend. FPS games do not work on controllers because it is impossible to accurately aim with them, which is why console FPS games have mechanics to assist with aiming while PC FPS games do not.

RTS games are even less functional, with basic micro/macro being literally impossible due to a lack of keyboard/mouse.

Games like nethack, dcss, doomrl, adom, brogue and other notable roguelikes are not playable on consoles outside of barely functional fan PSP ports and similar that control extremely badly due to a lack of keyboard controls

I'm sorry user but you can't hide behind ignorance on Cred Forums, you will get called out

OHMAHLORDDDDD

There's grand strategy games on current gen consoles?

>All of them functionally do not work on consoles
Lol you do realize that consoles do support kb/m, right? So even if the devs were too lazy to make their games work with a controller those games can easily work on consoles.

>Meanwhile I will stick to actually enriching my mind and soul alongside playing a game.

>think it's bullshit
>look it up
>it's real
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH FUCKING SONYGGERS

who are you quoting?

FUCKING DELET THIS

It is your personal opinion since those games ARE on consoles nad people DO play them. After you got btfo you try to force your shitty opinions as facts which is typical to toddlers in this place, but dosen't work.

>"AAA games"
>literally all of them are literally who and/or indie garbage

K
E
K

this, I actually prefer a comfy controller (like the xbone's) over mouse and keyboard

There are grand strategy games on consoles so as always you were wrong.

(You)

thanks

Not photoshop, inspect element edit.

Cred Forums Pass user since November 2013.

name one

>Cred Forums Pass user since November 2013.

what is this shit

>check first games
>Star Citizen and Routine

Jesus Christ this was announced in 2011, have no release date still and PCucks still use this argument and wonder why people prefer consoles.

Day Z wasn't a game

it was a mod for a game that spawned literally hundreds of different game modes and ways to play it

You could get thousands of hours of fun from Arma 2, and people did. Day Z was just one facet.

There are literally 0 games on consoles that you just buy and then play for years most are EPICC 20 hour shitfests

I give zero fucks about the platform, I just follow where the games are. I mostly like Japanese games and 5th gen and below anyways, so I use my 3ds and Vita more than anything. My PC is used for music production.

> There are but I won't name any

Romance of the Three Kingdoms

What did I win?

>$60 for a $15 DLC

woah... pc master race

Arma 3 alone justifies a 1000$ PC, 1400 hours and counting

>le indie xD

>console gaymers only argument is "but muh exclusives"

this thread has contracted autism confirmed

FPS games are on consoles and are factually inferior, with FPS enthusiasts and competitive players exclusively playing on PC for the reasons I mentioned. Yes, there are idiots who play on consoles who don't know better. The same way I'm sure there are idiots who think they are good at tennis because they got a high score on wii sports. There will always be idiots who don't know what they're doing. Anyone who cares about FPS games will not play them on a console.

RTS games flat out do not exist on console. There are a very small number of grabage ports. I think Starcraft 1 got a console port? They didn't work. The games are fundamentally broken. Aside from literally 2 or 3 unplayable ports, RTS games do not appear on consoles at all and I am confident you will struggle to find a single RTS fan in the world who exclusively plays on console.

It's really quite sad how you're running from reality here, if you want to get into a purely artificial point scoring argument, yes there are FPS games and RTS games on consoles. Are they playable though? They are not. Are they objectively inferior? They are. Are the console versions considered jokes by fans of the genres? Yes. Is there any equivalent the other way around that the PC loses out on? No.

If you are retard maybe. Game looks like shit and play like shit.

We are talking current gen

>thinking that picture makes PC graphics look good
m80 that looks awful

looks better than anything on consoles. FACT.

Fucking reported console shitass
:^)
REEEEEEEEE

>FPS games are on consoles and are factually inferior,
>There are a very small number of grabage ports

Read again, we are not talking about your personal taste. We are talking if they are available or not. I know you are dumb, but this really isn't so hard to understand do we?

It does run every single game at least twice better than any console. More and more console players are jumping ship onto the PC bandwagon since consoles are taking the disposable mobile phones direction now and there are barely any exclusives to warrant a console purchase. The PC market is growing faster than ever and more and more games are getting ported. It's true PC doesn't have many exclusives, but it offers the most complete package as a gaming platform.

>gta 5 this high
PC gamer are cucks, didn't they say they don't care about console ports ?

Xcom 2 got ported to console last week. RTS is irrelevant to console users though and it's not putting your platform in any position of strength when you're begging for consoles ARPGS, JRPGS and whatever Yakuza is

No, we don't. You tried to move goalposts now and failed.

I like using the controller

Yea right Arma is an ugly fuggin game

ARMA 3 is so realistic!!
That matter so much!
Right guys?
S-Stop laughing at me
Who cares about optimizaton on a standardized hardware platform because ARMA 3!

wow man didn't knew they made a ps4 game :^)

Games that requires input of mouse just simply doesn't work well. Just look up Mountain blade on console.

>looks better than anything on consoles. FACT.

No developer or publisher in their right mind would release a grand strategy or any complex RTS on console, taking an example from the 90s doesn't support your argument.

>PS4 is only console that exist

here's your (you) dwight

How isn't it? There will always be people wanting popular games. Do you think there is a PC collective where everyone sits down and agrees on what games the community will ask for? Of course some people are interested in JRPGs and similar. From what I can see they're also getting them so it clearly works.

lol

steamcommunity.com/app/335300/discussions/0/490124466456193175/

Publisers and developers released those genres on consoles so like always you are wrong.

>low settings picture

Are you retarded user?

okay you gotta be shitposting now because if Arma 3 was on console you would be shitting on it for having deplorable textures

No, there is me saying a game is shit and there are games that are broken.

Those games are broken.

But yes, if you want to go that way, I will concede that there probably are 3 RTS games spread across all consoles and generations, none of which work, but they exist. If that's enough for you to pretend consoles are a viable RTS platform then go nuts

$

there's nothing wrong with casuals

You asking in general, or this gen alone?

PC is synonymous with port begging, consoles aren't because they actually game on platforms that receive the video games they want.

Console users don't give a shit about RTS in general, you wont find them begging for ports, invading rts discussion or having anything to do with those genres of games.

Jrpgs, from persona to digimon to final fantasy spin offs, games like bloodborne, vanilla ware games, nioh, Uncharted even. PC users want console games, not the other way around, we don't want your games at all.

>he thinks those are low settings

Are you retarded user?

They aren't since they are released, people played them. You were wrong before and wrong now.

This really isn't as strong an argument as you think it is

>PC gets console's strengths because they asked for them, how undignified!
>Console doesn't get anything from PC but they didn't ask and don't know better, console wins baby :^)

>low draw distance
>low grass settings
>no shadows

yes, that is on low settings.

So it's a xbone exclusive then? Because the question was regarding current gen consoles.

The most competitive and popular PC games are MOBAs and Overwatch, both of which are casual as. 0/10 based retardbro.

By that logic no game that has ever been released can be broken

Nope, game really looks like shit. Especially ground textures.

And are still significantly more complicated than shit like FIFA and Madden, the most popular console games

You're aware the whole reason XCOM 2 wasn't for consoles was that the "first" one didn't sell well, right? They didn't think there was any demand. For them to port to console people must have asked for it, that's how demand works.

>Because the question was regarding current gen consoles.

No question was about consoles as whole not only those you chosed. I guess whole PC gaming before 2013 don't exist too now too.

You don't have to experience PC exclusives to know that they're shit user. M&B is the only good game PCs had in 10+ years and it went to consoles.

We got your single relevant exclusive being xcom

Console doesn't get more from PC because theres nothing on PC

we even got banner lord and kingdom but nobody even cares about your games.

`>you don't have to know something to know something
consolefags everyone

>Overwatch
>more complicated than FIFA

I don't give a shit about both of them but you are retard. FIFA is actually more complex.

There is nothing simpler than Overwatch. Even Madden has more happening under the hood.

Because people like you play pc games. And I hate you.

Honestly, as a PC gamer, I love PC exclusive games from RTS to Point and Click and will continue to love them until forever

but

Consoles have a very good line up of games too, I can name so many I will buy a PS4 alone for. Bloodborne, Nioh, World Of Final Fantasy, Horizon Zero Dawn, Gravity Rush 2, Gran Turismo, Persona 5, Yakuza 0, The Last Guardian, Death Stranding, God Of War, Spiderman, Final Fantasy 12 Remstered, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Crash Remastered, Ratchet and Clank, Drgaonquest 11, Kingdom Hearts 2.8, Kingdom Hearts 3 and the list goes on and on

Consoles and PC both have really great games and if you're PC only this gen you are really missing out on a lot of excellent games this gen

You're too retarded to even greentext properly but here's a reply. Also, I play primarily on PC, but there are basically zero PC exclusives worth a single fuck in the last decade.
Also, no you fucking retard, you don't have to experience something to know you won't like it.

Something only cool people have.

Cred Forums Pass user since November 2013.

nobody does

> M&B is the only good game PCs had in 10+ years and it went to consoles.

I'd be scared for the future of gaming if peasents actually thought this

Arma wouldn't exist on consoles because they couldn't run something that isn't just a pretty tech demo like uncharted 4

youtube.com/watch?v=AHYUYOR0mw0#t=7m59s

Here's a better question.
Why do you add a hardcore/casual connotation to choosing a vehicle for a hobby that amounts to nothing more than consuming media. It's basically the same as floating about being the slimmest lad at a camp for the critically obese.

>Overwatch
>Competitive, hard or complicated in any way
Nigger, this is a kiddies game. If you play actual shooters you should be able to massacre anyone in Overwatch or Paladins.

Who the fuck are you replying to retard?

>mfw I just watched a video about a third worlds gaming market where consoles are essentially unaffordable and the only way 99% of the population can experience any kind of gaming is paying a fee to enter gaming cafes to play a small selection of pc and console games.

That's or its strictly free to play mobile gaming

And here people are arguing over which one of their $100+ expensive purchases is better

Really makes u think

>Dota
>CS:GO isn't exclusive
Civ V is great
>Fucking Minecraft clone
>Football Manager
>Fucking Gary's Mod
>Fucking DayZ wannabe
Military simulators are fucking atrocious to play, but I won't count it as bad since it is a well made game (I'm just in the army, so I really don't care about the "authentic experience, which it isn't, btw).
>Muh shitty Friday the 13th clone to profit off an actually ambitious kickstarter campaign
>Path of Diablo
>DayZ clone
>Counter Strike is not exclusive and runs on facebook machines
Can't knock Truck Simulator, even if it's not my thing
Never played Heroes & Generals, so I'll take your word for it
>Muh Phone game on PC
Never played
>Sim City wannabe
>7 Days to NOT EXCLUSIVE
Warhammer is dope
>Fucking ROME 2
>Counter Strike Source runs on toasters
Never played
>Fucking Football Manager
>Age of Toasters 2
>DayZ
Never played
Never played
>Runs on toasters
CoH2 is sweet

Only 6 of those games are PC exclusives that are worth playing. The rest are actually multiplat, or I never played, so I can't speak for their quality. Please act as if you wouldn't pull this same shit if someone made a similar list of console exclusives.

not you

Nigger, it was literally in the most popular competitive game on PC all summer. The point isn't that there's not harder competition games on PC, it's that the most casual ones are most popular.

>sim city clone
Lel
>hurr runs of toaster
That's good. Glad, most of AA games can run on Windows tablet

Nobody, because you're a retard that can't operate a forum post correctly.

*on

I replied to the guy that I linked, do you need a hug?

Actually, that's home gaming in general. Arcades emphasized an extremely straightforward, intense, challenging-but-fair gaming experience, and it shows, as they seemed to exert a kind of quality control even on consoles; back in the heyday of arcades, consoles had games like Castlevania and Super Ghouls'n'Ghosts. Is it any surprise that gaming became altogether more casualized when arcades died?

PC gaming had tons of hardcore shit too, yet now mustards spend all of their time jerking off about ebin mods and muh grafix. If contemporary PC gamers had their way, everything would be Fallout 4 or Skyrim.

>but [hit difficult indie game]
I could counter each one with a tough console exclusive, doesn't change the general trend.

This. PCucks need to be put in their echochamber where they can continue to masturbate to fucking Skyrim sex mods for the rest of eternity while they pretend to love genres like RTS, yet spend 95% of their time playing shitty MOBA's and indie trash that tries to emulate the console experiences of the late 80's, early 90's.

PCucks are just as retarded as console only owners, they just happen to throw more money at their platform of choice and grab that they can also browse facebook with their games. Great, we're so proud of you, user.

Your poor goddamn parents. If only they knew you were too retarded to post properly.

Consoles were king during the ps2/xbox era, Because that's when it's strengths over PC gaming were most prominent; Splitscreen games, pass and play, and easy to operate and maintain.

Why are consolefriends so mad?

You are special but that is okay, you fucking autistic cum gurgling spastic.

ever heard of "Pong"?

good things cost money
to be a "gamer" you need money

Whatever dude heres the facts
Console players dont care about Pc but somehow you care that much about console players and their games you feel the need to derail and shitpost every console game thread to death begging for ports and saying pc gaming is the second coming of christ

I'm sorry you hurt user. Maybe someday dad will come home.

Mah nigga!

I loved SOMA; I wish I had more people to talk about it with. It made me think about what it means to be human, do souls exist, etc. but I really enjoyed the way it did so in a non-pretentious or heavy-handed way.

My twitch FPS and Micro/Macro/Meta RTS days are behind me; now I just do accounting for a non-profit, watch movies in my condo with my Chiweenie and play interesting narrative/storyline based PC games.

Plus, I'm white.

Living the Dream

PERMABAN SONY SHILL SHITPOSTERS REEEEEE

>RTS games flat out do not exist on console.

>What is Pikmin?
>What is Nobunaga's Ambition?
>What is Halo Wars?
>What is GrimGrimoir?

I mean, if devs would just implement a basic KB+M function to the console versions, there's literally no reason consoles wouldn't run every RTS and FPS games on consoles. Hell, I'd prefer it, to be honest, since PC no longer into physical copies anymore.

KB+M is a control style that every platform since the Dreamcast is able to utilize, not a platform.

>PC players dont care about PS4 but somehow you care that much about PC players and their games you feel the need to derail and shitpost every PC game thread to death begging for ports and saying PS4 gaming is the second coming of christ

You just described every Sonygger on Cred Forums.

Naw, PS4 players don't want PC ports because those games actually need strategy and have an ounce of complexity in them.

If a game rubs on a toaster, then you really can't claim it's a PC gaming rig exclusive, now can you? If my grandma can play more than hald of the PC exclusives on her old ass PC, then why the hell would I ever bother to upgrade instead of branching out my options with a console as well?

Really? Because in my community collage, the most braindead retards all play League, spout "PC Master Race, hurrrrrr!" while half of them can't even manage to stay alive in TLoU's MP longer than 2 seconds, or preform a basic combo in a fighting game.

>virtually the entire PC library is multiplat
What? Surely this is bait, nobody can be that retarded.

>US community college
>Surprised it's full of retards
kek

Who cares if you upgrade your rig or not. Most of the devs these days try to make their game runs on toaster, for example Civ VI. But it's still exclusive though, since you need a Personal Computer to play it.

>Because in my community collage, the most braindead retards all play League, spout "PC Master Race, hurrrrrr!"
good point

>while half of them can't even manage to stay alive in TLoU's MP longer than 2 seconds

Getting used to a controller takes a while user
still a mediocre multiplayer game

>Le sonnyger boogeyman!!!!!
And no, i doubt they want to waste their time shitposting assfaggots and indie shit threads otherwise you have no selfcontrol on how triggered and insecure you get by exclusives that trolls have it easy

And the correlation that they're PCucks isn't surprising at all, either.

(You)

It's affordable.

>muh hardcore

You're insecure as fuck.
Games are supposed to be fun and interesting to play.
You're basically the epithom of PC playerbase - die-hard elitistic autists who don't even have fun with vidya.

>Because in my community collage
>my
>collage
>being retarded
You're not much better, user.

um?

>being this new

It's the internet equivalent of "made you look"

What does it matter? If i wanna play a game that consolecucks have then I'll just get an emulator and run on my PC at a higher resolution and better framerate. Thats what I did for the Atelier series.

and recently consoles have become pcs with different brand names.

ps4? it's a pc. xbone? a pc. wiiu? also a pc. they're all using pc components and x64 architecture, you're basically paying for brand and no right to use your hardware however you wish, only how the brand owners allow you to use.

Current gen console plus craptop=master race.

I'm from a third world country and he's absolutely right. People laughed at me when I paid what I paid for my GPU and literally said "might as well bought a ps4"

Did you know that it took until late 1999 for PCs to get a graphics card that had all the features the N64 had in hardware, like hardware T&L. Those super-fast, super-expensive CPUs pkeks prided themselves on couldn't keep up when games started demanding basic shit like dynamic colored lighting.

Serious question:
how is a joke that was supposed to be a jab at how cluttered and unfriendly the UI was in Witcher and CRPGs in general, used by insecure fucks with zero sense of irony

why do consoles bother you?
pc is always going strong, so far
you always have a choice

So why didn't pc do anything about it?

Consoles also created the hardcore gaming.
What actually killed it was america getting in the forefront of the game development, with their shitty gameplay skills.

It's weird how Yahzee used to hate playing on PC in the early days and now has embraced the whole PCMR thing and hates current gen consoles.

>unironically adhering to the PC mustard race stereotype

What a cuck.

Mainly i like being a normie because be arsed with ultra fuck tarded pc master race try hards when i'm trying to enjoy my hobby

Yet another joke that went too far and people started to take it seriously.
It's like waifu meme all over again.

>he pays to shitpost

>Exclusives, Exclusives, Exclusives
>I DONT CARE IF THEY'RE SHIT I CAN PLAY THEM
>Paying more to have the absolute best performance
>LOL NICE WASTING YOUR MONEY
>Paying to play online twice and buying a whole new console that performs the same
>LOL WHAT R U POOR

Only worthwhile game to play is Bloodborne and It's not worth to buy a new console box just for it.

You forgot about Bayonetta 2 aka Queen of Salt and W101.

>he is not an idort.

you are cucking yourself

A lot of people don't like consoles because so many beloved PC franchises were dumbed down to make more money. I don't mind multiplats, but a lot of great franchises have been sacrificed.

>Deus Ex (Invisible War is literally the archtypal example of a game being ruined by focusing on console development)
>Thief
>TES
>Fallout
>Max Payne/Alan Wake
>DOOM (it's a good PC game but stuff like the limitations of SnapMap is clearly due to console parity)
>Diablo 3
>Witcher
>Crysis
>Arguably CoD
>Duke Nukem
>Arguably Far Cry (although the games are stagnating primarily due to Ubisoft's laziness)

It's not always the fault of consoles of course, some devs/publishers just get greedy, look at SimCity, EA didn't need consoles to kill that franchise. Still seeing open-ended games get more linear or repetitive, games getting more and more loading screens, games getting more locked down (losing access to dev consoles, quicksaves, modding tools, etc.) is painful, and I can understand why people would harbor ill will.

>This is what Sonyggers actually believe PC gamers think

> PC and Console Cucks arguing about which is superior, for the millionth time

> Be me

>Play both PC and Console

> Not a faggot

> decides its best I leave Cred Forums, I don't belong among the ranks of cumstained keyboards and controllers

> Step outside, it's a lovely day

> Walk to my local vidja establishment to peruse the local offerings

>Stumble across NBA Jam

> I purchase and leave, heading home past the local school

> I get accosted by some gangsters who've been in the area recently smashing windows and avoiding apprehension by the police, obv. looking for a quick score

> One demands I hand over NBA Jam, I refuse.

> I get hassled and physically assaulted, losing the game in the process.

> With wounded pride and bruised face, I run back home, tears running down my face. I tell my mother what happens, she's completely horrified.

> She says that I'm not allowed to go back to school, says its too dangerous for me, as I'd have to walk past that seedy neighborhood on the way there.

>She comes back a few hours later saying "Here's what we're gonna do, user"

>She gives me a plane ticket, and instructs me that I am to live with my father's sister, my auntie, in BEL AIR.

> I begged and pleaded with her day after day
But she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way. She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket.I put my Walkman on and said, "I might as well kick it."

> First class, yo, this is bad; Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass.Is this what the people of Bel-Air living like? Hmm, this might be alright.

> But wait I hear they're prissy, bourgeois, all that; Is this the type of place that they just send this cool cat? I don't think so. I'll see when I get there. I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air

> bel-air bel-air bel-air bel-air bel-air bel-air bel-air bel-air bel-air bel-air bel-air bel-air bel-air bel-air bel-air bel-air bel-air bel-air bel-air bel-air bel-air bel-air bel-air bel-air bel-air bel-air

Isn't graphics whoring started by consome manufacturers because they want something that the PC was already doing?

This is some good bait mmmhm yes indeed

Xcom 2 is turn-based

Deus Ex

>It's not worth to buy a new console box just for it.
How ironic considering I hear this phrase literally every time a new console exclusive gets announced.

Are they all said by the same person?

The console companies support video game development as it promotes their console sales
PC doesn't support it as it is made up a lot of parts made by different companies who will never join together to take up the competition which would result in the funding of more high budget games

as for complexity only genres originally designed around KB+M are dumbed down for consoles (like fps or rts games). Games designed around gamepad controls like dmc, ninja gaiden or dark souls or fighting games are just complex as genres designed for PC.

I don't, but I couldn't wait for accurate 3ds and Wii U emulation so I bought them. I wouldn't buy a non-hackable console thought because you can't do jack shit on them.

>you can't pirate games on it = you can't play anything on it
PC master race everyone