Suggest me a good BG2 build, Cred Forums

suggest me a good BG2 build, Cred Forums

Now if you wanna a fun and effective build , Play a fighter/mage multiclass.

All the benefits of being a fighter with the power of a mage (Who are by far the strongest late game class).

Pick either elf or half elf (Gnome for the illusionist multi).

Go two weapon fighting style with long swords/katanas (Flails and axes are excellent late game).

Also if you can play BG1 and import your character (The stat tomes from the first carry over as well as mage spells).

Play as a wild mage and be amazed how hard you can break the game.

Install Tactics and Ascension and play an Anti-paladin. Literally the best class ever made for BG2.

Aye.
Go wild or stay at home.

Assumning you have ToB:
>Fighter/Thief for most fun.
>Fighter/Wizard or pure Sorcerer for most broken.

bear, all in persuasion and deceit.

if you're multi fighter/mage always gnome

if you're dualing start as a kensai then dual to mage at level 9

How viable is archer or ranger in this game ?

kensai mage was incredible fun until I got to the beholders and found myself completely unprepared

aside from that its basically all

>ssshh nothing personnel kid *stops time unsheathes katana watches bodies hit the floor in slo mo*

Archers are OP in BG1, probably the most deadly kit, good in BG2 but there are stronger builds, ranged weapons become less powerful at higher levels when everyone has high HP and can't be killed with 1 arrow

Everything is viable
Archer break bg1 but are weaker in 2 if you don't pick the archer kit.

Just Cleric.

Assuming i dual from a level 13 thief to mage, when can i expect to get my thief levels back? Need 1,500,000 xp

pure class clerics are shit m8

They're fine
Until ToB but fuck ToB

fighter/cleric is better in literally everyway

and ranger/cleric

minmaxer should kill themselves

>tfw finished bg1 with my fighter/cleric and now I am beating it with my full custom party

should I already get bg2 or finish the game again with those phams?

I like to playthrough the whole saga with one character

Can i enjoy BG2 if i don't have the nostalgia and never having played the game series beforehand?

I first played them in 2010 so yes

but if you're a gen 7/8 babby who can't play a game without constant handholding it isn't the right series for you

As far as infinity engine games go, baldurs gate 2 is probably the most accessible. The intro dungeon is also very good at getting people hooked.

although the backgrounds are pretty nicely done, if you're a graphics whore you're not going to enjoy it

if you like pen and paper rules in a videogame, you'll like it

I found low level D&D of BG1 more enjoyable than the absolute mess it gets to in BG2 with the mages and shit.

As long as you avoid Druid, pretty much any build in the game is good if you know how to make use of it.

I like Blades though. They're basically Kensei/Mage multiclass in one with slightly less damage but fucking invincible to make up for it. And once epic levels hit they get all the broken as fuck thief abilities like use any item.

Adding to this,can anyone recommend me some good beginners mods that i can add to enhance the experience ?

Monk. Solo. If I remember correctly it was done with so much defence you become immortal

Rogue. Solo. If I remember correctly it was done with traps.

Paladin. Solo. Can't remember how to do this one.

is druid that unplayable?

Druid is hilariously bad.

Shit selection of spells.
Terrible combat stats.
Poorest selection of equipment available in the game.
All 3 Druid kits are basically pointless. The only one that is sort of useful gets what amounts to a low level summon spell you get several uses of a day, and these summons basically act as fodder for things like triggering traps and tanking a hit and so on.

I never delved too deep, but what's the reasoning behind druids being able to use scimitars but not long swords and the like?

What does Cred Forums think to Icewind Dale?

I heard Berserker/Druid can be really good

Game almost entirely focused on combat where it isn't really all that enjoyable.

Who fucking knows?

Probably balance reasons. If Druids couldn't use scimitars they'd literally have no weapons worth using.

Don't listen to these other guys, druid can literally solo all of BG2

Kensai/Thief. one of most broken combos in late game.

for BG1: BG1 tweaks, unfinished business, NPC project

for BG2:

any class can solo BG2 if you know what you're doing, but they're still objectively the weakest class in the game

I still like them though, especially Fighter/Druid like Jaheria

Monk.

Sorcerer.

Time stop -> improved alacrity -> spam horrid wilting -> time stop ends -> ??

Is there a better feeling known to man?

Thief - traps
you can cheese the hardest fights this way

6 characters of diverse classes and races.
Except bards. Fuck bards.

Archer is super fun. The only problem is running out of arrows because you eventually attack so god damn fast, so if you pick archer use shortbows so you can get the one that creates lightning arrows.

Dunno about longswords, but with scimitars and sickles it was something to do with druids drawing power from the moon and those weapons resembling a crescent moon.

As far as I know there are no upgraded arrows for the late late late game (i.e. the expansion) which makes archers unable to hit the strongest enemies in the game.

Why not just get a quiver of plenty m8 (unlimited +1 arrows)?
And for shortbow, use the Tuigan Bow. With Improved Haste you can fire off 10 arrows each turn.
Improving the quiver of plenty in ToB will give you unlimited +2 arrows.

i always thought it was super comfy

the severed hand though...

You can use the sling of everard or improved firetooth iirc

I do believe there is a reason we always hear of Baldur's Gate 2 and Planescape Torment but not so much about Icewind Dale.

Despite a similar gameplay that I appreciate, I wasn't able to enjoy an adventure that felt storyless.

I do firmly believe that Icewind Dale proves how the story is important in RPG.

biggest thing was it didnt have recrutable party members. you could make a team of super friends, but there was no depth to them.

minsc alone has more character story and depth than anything encounteres in iwd.

that being said bg1 and 2 almost had too much, the whe godspawn thing yes but how many people pretty much finished the game during chapter 2?

nuking firkragg before any more story was the best

BG2 had much better story and adventures, while ID had better and more challenging battles

Icewind Dale had the superior setting. I don't agree that it lacked in "story," there was a ton of lore, most of it communicated through the evocative locations and design. I actually prefer IWD in many ways but do have to admit that it lacks replay value. Otherwise, I would never play BG.

Also, the fact that you can, without any problem, have a team led by a Priest of Baine followed by a a bunch of paladins. It's very nice to create your perfect team but it doesn't feel "alive".

Maybe, I didn't finish ID so I can't judge. That being said, mods like Tactic and Ascencion sort of put the challenge on BG2 side, don't you think?

the twin half demon thing gave me the weird boners.

i remember in iwd you can buy a sword that says your first characters name, plus one or something. what was the deal with that?

What's the BG2 equivalent of being a shitty Scoundrel or whatever for 10 levels and then suddenly becoming a master wizard who flattens everyone, like in KotOR?

lvl theif in bg1 to 7, then go mage spec.

pretty much do what imhoen did.

HEYA ITS ME IMOHEN SUCK A FINGER OF SEATH BIIIIIITCH

I know there's a mod that makes it so you can basically play through BG 1 and 2 in one go. Doesn't that make the BG2 part easy as hell if you already have your character from 1?

you dont need a mod, just export your character file to bg2 and start from there.

i literally have the same export file for my paladin as i did 10 years ago.

Yes, making half a dozen clones and have them spam their entire spellbooks while you watch and laugh from a distance.

I completely agree. Also, I'd argue that it's not just the story but also the aspect that in IWD you create the whole party rather than recruit characters from the world with only the main character being your own character. The party banter and the characters reacting to your decisions makes the group seem a lot more alive than in IWD.

Yes, using project image and immunising the projected image against divination so that it can't be dispelled before attacking, which allows you to cast your full arsenal of spells multiple times per day.

You need +3 or +4 arrows to even hit some enemies late game.

thats what keldorn the cuck and cromyrs are for

ALSO

who had the shittiest character quest?

i vote amoen, nigga could not do shit all. fucking deserved it for being a pompus fuckwit

There really should be an infographic about all the spell defense/pierce interactions.

+2 is enough for the vast majority of enemies for the rest you have some ranged weapons with infinite +5 projectiles

Anyone?

congrats. you made yourself the feeble minded re re of the party.

but probably if you do nalias shit and a few others youll be back. xp is a plenty in bg2.

also man nalia took the red pill hard

No build needed.
Any old Pentium 4 shitbox can run Baldur's Gate 2 without any problems. You won't even need to install a video card.
You can pick one up from a garage sale for 10 bucks.
Make sure you stop by your local electronics recycling place and pick up a CRT. Early LCD monitors (identifiable by their 4:3 or 5:4 aspect ratios) have horrible backlight bleed, contrast, ghosting, view angles, and lag.

That's why I said take a shortbow in the first place, dude.

>beholders
And fucking liches. I remember how many times I had to reload on them praying for the RNG blessing.

there was a cloak that reflected beholder gaze, i always used that.

and protection from undead scrolls made liches easy

Ranger/Cleric is a lot of fun if you enjoy playing as clerics/support classes in RPGs. You get a slew of spells, from buffs to damage to summoning, and are still able to smash faces with maces. The only downside is that you have to play as a Half-Elf.

Hehe