To all things and men I appertain

To all things and men I appertain,
and yet by some am shunned and distained.
Fondle me and ogle me til you’re insane,
but no blow can harm me, cause me pain.
Children delight in me, elders take fright.
Fair maids rejoice and spin.
Cry and I weep, yawn and I sleep.
Smile, and I too shall grin.
What am I?

mine benis

a shitty inconsistent character that has no place in the witcherverse

A reflective surface

Just finished Blood and Wine and got the tragic ending.

My first stop back in Velen will be to take a scenic tour of the HoS area, that region is comfy as fuck.

Also, was O'Dim basically just Q?

a mirror

A Nintendo handheld console load screen.

Riddle thread?
I weigh nothing at all, yet even the strongest man can't hold me long. What am I?

Impractical

breath

Some say he's god because a ridiculous theory about his name.
>Gaunter O'Dim
>GOD
or some just say he's the devil which is more likely.

Correct. You may now make a wish that will backfire against you horribly.

I want a million dollars to appear on my bank account

>on my bank account
>ON
The money has appeared in the account that has a number directly above yours.

I want a wish next!

UR A BIG GUY

Solve the riddle first.
When you need me, you throw me away. When you no longer need me, you pick me up again. What am I?

i wan't to be insane

anchor
kill me

A boomerang. Checkmate.

I accept both of these. Make your wishes.

i wan't to derail this thread
with this 4

No wait, your wish was to be killed. You now have a slowly developing cancer. It will kill you within 50 years.
I'm stumped.

>the king is dead, long live the king

Bravo Nolan

Piss?

I want infinite wishes.

Why are Witcher trolls so cute?
You now have so many wishes you will never be able to pick one.

He's the devil. he makes pacts with people in exchange for their souls.

>Comfy
Did you ever go to Deadwight Wood in the far east part of the map? That place is spoopy.

Yeah I'd love to have some sort of plushtoy of them.

(you)

What was the purpose of him being able to manipulate time or talking about time?

>I am extremely powerful but bound by rules
>except when I stop time to kill random people that annoy me

This expansion was just as shittily written as the main game, except it had some cool shit like horror theme and painting world

How is the ability to stop and time and kill people a contradiction to him being bound by the rules of the contracts he makes?

Q was a member of a larger species of Q, O'Dimm is his own entity.

People like to say he's the devil, I can see that.

Check out superbunnyhop's analysis.

It isn't. Autists don't judge things by their merits, they choose at the outset whether to like or hate something and then pursue that like or hatred with fervor no normal man can match. Facts and logic mean nothing to him once he has decided something is shit.

No, no I'm asking you what is the purpose of him being able to stop time or having an ebin monologue about time biscuits? What did it add to the story?

A cool death scene and a creepy "is he hitting on an old lady?" scene.

Yes a cool death scene.

The hacks at CDPR made an omnipotent character not bound by any rules and even gave him time powers just for "cool death scenes"

That's hack writting 101

>There needs to be a reason why an ultra-powerful entity of mysterious origin and intention can fuck around with people in the blink of an eye.

It's just something he can do, autist. Not everything has some greater symbolic meaning. A trickster is more effective when he can fuck with people without them noticing.

Character development.

>omnipotent
He couldn't get through the protective circle that one scholar made for himself.

>The hacks at CDPR made an omnipotent character not bound by any rules
You literally defeat him BECAUSE he is bound by rules.

user are you feeling well?

except he could? he killed him with a book shelf

Because he stepped out of it.

He stepped outside of it, you dolt.

Yeah, when the guy wasn't in it.

Ya'll got any spoons?

Go away Wight.

he tripped on a bottle while he was already in a circle

I direct everyone in this thread to His complaints about the character are not grounded in any reality, only in the things he has made up in his head to justify the hatred of the character that was already there.

you should watch the scene again. He stepped out then tripped

That he could kill random people just for annoying him proved he wasn't bound by any rules and he was omnipotent.

If he could only steal the souls of people in contract with him ,then that is balanced

Kill =/= steal souls.

Holy shit nigger how are you this dumb? He's bound by the rules of the contracts he makes. How would that stop him from killing people that aren't in a contract with him?

What? How does him being able to kill anyone mean there's no rules binding him? There's nothing to suggest he's taking their souls by killing them, there's clear visual representation of what that looks like if you side with Gaunter.

He is bound by his own words, not by rules in general

It wouldn't it just shows he's a dumb omnipotnet shiftily written character who cool time manipulation powers for no fucking purpose

>user has a stroke after his nonsensical complaints are shat on

Of course he isn't bound by rules if he hasn't drafted a contract with someone. And while he's close, he's not omnipotent, he even says so himself if asked about Ciri.
As for the whole soul thing, that would indeed make sense, but it's also possible that he does it willingly to gimp himself because he likes a challenge and playing games.

Why are you this upset over a Faust character being able to manipulate time? He's a goddamn demon, what more purpose could there possibly be for having those powers? Especially when he can grant any wish.

>game tries to sell semi realistic war going on
>have a animu tier omnipotent character who can make people immortal, manipulate time, and kill everyone who annoys him

Nah fuck off and take your shitty fan fiction with you

>semi realistic war
With space-elves running around.

Because the game dedicates time to it, he has ebin time cookie monologue, and kills someone while time is stopped but it serves no purpose at all. It's shitty

Mephistopheles is my favorite anime character

My only complaint was the dialogue
>"what is he, a demon?"
>"no, I think he's something else"
>turns out he really is just some demon

I get the feeling you got really upset about the ginger bread cookies joke for some reason and created all this to justify your anger.

Redenia / Nilfgaard war is supposed to be grounded in reality.Radovid wins the war by typical warfare without even using mages.

Animu characters like Gaunter running around who can do what they want to random people completely breaks the world

He is Satan.

There are DRAGONS in the game. Actual fantasy tier DRAGONS.

Ciri is more of an anime character than Gaunter and she's more important for the story than your husbando Rad the Mad.

>Faust is an animu character
you heard it here first folks

And asking a genie for love also breaks the world

Purpose was to show his power isn't bound by any rules and that he's doing the contract shit for fun. He binds himself to his own rules because he loves fucking around with people and seeing what exactly they'd do and if they can truly ravel the meaning behind his words since getting anything you want would get boring fast.

>have a animu tier omnipotent character who can make people immortal, manipulate time, and kill everyone who annoys him
>The Bible is now anime
>Folktales are now anime
>Faust is now anime
>Elves FROM SPAAAAAACE are now semi-realistic
>Ancient medieval era genetic manipulation and super soldiers are now semi-realistic
>A girl with the power to travel from world to world and going to earth in the year 2077 is now semi-realistic
Holy shit user, just stop posting. You've gone full retard.

I bet there is an anime somewhere with Faust and Mephisto as little girls.

There actually aren't dragons only oversized birds.

Witcher 2 makes it very clear there might be only two dragons left in existence, and the books and previous games make it clear that monsters and magic is on it's way out as it is common trope with fantasy.

Then this guy comes along

So, Ciri?

You're thinking of Mephistopheles

It's called character development and plot revelation. A good chunk of the expansion is dedicated to finding out what the hell Gaunter is, so the whole scene's purpose is to delve deeper into his nature and motivations.
Honestly just leave the thread already, you're embarrassing yourself.

Could Gunter beat that elder vampire

So the idea that there are greater, more fantastical powers at work in the Witcher universe is already there. Having a wish granting demon is appropriate, like any old myth.

Gaunter O'Dimm isn't magic. Biblical lore has always distinguished divine/devilish authority from magic and sorcery.

Close enough.

Yes it was stupid especially as it served no purpose.

That he could manipulate time was only for a pointless "cool xDD" scene.

If he was bound by rules like a genie it would make sense but he could do whatever he wanted

Vampires and time-freezes? This really is anime.

Gaunter would probably be able to melt him with his mind if he wanted to. So yes, easily, unless the Elder baits him into a game of gwent or something.

What plot relevation? What did it add besides the fact that he's not bound by any rules? The entire time cookie xDDD was pointless. He was such a shity character

Just stop. You have no idea how character exploration works. You have no idea what motivation is. You have no idea what the entire expansion was about. You're just a retard that got triggered by cookies. Fuck off.

>What plot relevation?
>What did it add besides the fact that he's not bound by any rules?

woah.........

If you didn't get the riddle immidiately you need to stop playing video games forever.

>any rules
There's the rules of his contracts. He couldn't take Olgierd's soul without fulfilling everything to the letter. The whole point of bringing Geralt into it was him not being able to do it on his own.

Oh, I get it now.

>It's a retard trying to bait people repeatedly insists something obviously untrue expecting rage but picked the wrong audience so they just keep arguing with him sensibly instead of giving him the rage he wants episode

Nice buzzwords faggot

>muh character exploration

Shitty retard omnipotent characters not bound by any limits stand out in even the shittiest far reached fantasy setting

I guess it's better to give up now and talk about how creepy his theme song is.

Says who?

He choose not to do it, but if he could kill random people in far fetched ways like stoping time just because it looks cool xDD, then there's no limits to him.

He's a shitty character just like you're a shitty human being

doesn't beat Ladies of the Woods

It is pretty creepy, yeah.

I haven't played either expansion yet, should I do them in NG+ or finish them before completing the game?

On a not shitposting note, can I just add that while I love the whole spoon scene by itself, I think it undermines Gaunter's character a tiny bit by having him pull something very plainly evil in case you hadn't caught on yet. I liked that his malicious side before then had been somewhat more subdued and subtle.
But that's really the only tiny nitpick I have, and even that depends on how you want to interpret his character.

After the main quest would be better but you might not want to go NG+ on your first try.
Or you might, I don't know how much you like a challenge.

Play HoS before beating the main game. BaW is supposed to be played after the credits roll.
Don't see why you would wait until NG+ though, and from what I hear, the level requirements there are very high. Just play that shit now, nigga, why wait.

It fits though.

"He who eats with the devil must have a long spoon."

The hell does that mean?

Take a long spoon and shove it up your ass along with this retard character

Yeah, I guess you can say it works as a confirmation of all the doubts you've most likely accumulated up until that point.

He could run around stop time, and kill random people for no reason.

He didn't kill him because someone wished it, or because it was in his contract. He stopped time and killed this random person because he was mildly annoyed.

There's basically no limits to this character.

Gaunter made that circle

I dunno. At that point you've gone through the painting and seen the awful things his cursed wish did to Iris and Oligierd. I think most people can gather he's a malevolent non-human entity by then.

YARPEN ZIGRIN

I want to tie her fate to mine.

I got the riddle but I had no fucking idea where to find it. Which was the biggest problem with it. You would think that the well would be the solution but nope.

What, you think a well had a reflective surface in it? Hah! What a fool!

You are not entirely wrong.
Thing is Gunter and his lore doesn't really fit into the Slavic mythology with Baba Yagas and drawners.

Did you realize you've actually met G O D vbery early on in White Orchard?

> i wish you were my mommy

When I met him for the first time I thought he was suspicious, then was disappointed he never showed up again until the expansion was announced.
I thought for sure he was a spy or something.

Not the whole Witcher world is Slavic. Toussaint is French, Skellige is Nordic, you get it. Velen is the Slavic area.

Grandmaster griffin or wolf set?

Wolf. That's the school that trained you, show some loyalty.

Wolf. I hate how griffen makes you look like a fat fuck

>makes you look super fat
>silly gold apllications everywhere

I mostly went with Grandmaster Feline with the hood removed via mod for my last Deathamrch run but for NG+ I'm probably going to go with Griffin for sign spamming, maybe there's a mod to improve the looks of that too.

I just modded grandmaster stats to the vampire armor.

this

Gaunter made him think the circle would protect him to fuck with him. Dude went insane from paranoia. Then when geralt smudged it he made the book case fall and kill him.

Fuck off, this guy was awesome.

you must be a hit at parties