Azure Striker Gunvolt

Who all else picked up the sequel the other day? Is it GOTY or GOTMUTCHAFUCKINY? Cause holy crap I can't stop playing, it fixed most of the issues I had with Gunvolt 1 (that retarded "equip challenges to complete them" system in particular) and Copen is a blast, I might enjoy playing as him more than Gunvolt.

Where are mah niggas at

It's the sequel we all wanted. Even with simpler level design, they work much better this time around, has checkpoints in a more convenient place and Copen is a beast.

It made me forget that little disaster called MN9.

I really wish they'd at least tried to match up the text with the voices in this game. It's so distracting when they don't match up, especially the names. I can understand some of them since they changed the names for the first game so it's too late now, but there was no reason to change the names for totally new characters too.
Though whatever, it's not like I ever expected them to do a good job localising this game after how badly they fucked the first one.

So this series DOESN'T buck the Mega Man trend of "first game is shit, second is awesome"?

I might have to get it, then. I was very disappointed in the first game but the Copen gameplay really entices me.

Copen is honestly one of the best gameplay modes I've seen, it makes GV mode a snoozefest. There's something so satisfying about dashing into enemies and making a wreck of everything while in absolute control of your character.
It's also harder, hits actually damage you and you need to be more careful.

Not buying GV2 until they patch in the cut content from the digital version of the first game.

Why do people like Copen so much? I'm still at the beginning. His fighting style seemed much slower than GV, with his dashing to tag and rotating lightning bolts.

Getting good scores as GV involves running past some enemies so you can reach the ones behind them and kill them all at once. This setup can be kinda slow if you want to get it perfect. It's also frustrating when you get hit trying to set things up because you can't kill enemies early.
Getting good scores as Acura involves going fast at all times because you break your combo if you touch the ground (well, you can bounce off it, but that's not exactly slow), and there's barely any setup. You just kill guys as you see them and then dash into the next ones to kill them too.

Also he's hilariously edgy instead of just being a sort of generic nice enough guy like GV is. Not gameplay related, but I still like it.

As I thought, the dialogue midstage is very distracting and even covers some of the threats onscreen. I wish this game had Dual Audio.

Who should voice the characters?

Gunvolt - Johnny Yong Bosch or Lucas Gilbertson
Copen - Yuri Lowenthal

I almost considered making a thread.

I like it.

>That one guy who is shitposting given video game form
>That other dude who talks in rhymes

>even the final boss is a loli

Lolis, lolis everywhere.

>lumen becomes a loli
>copen's sister is a loli
>copen's robot companion turns into a loli
>one of the bosses is a loli
>one of the bosses turn into a loli
>and that loli is the final boss

Next game will have even more. Mock my words.

Copen is nice addition since he plays like traditional Mega Man compared to GV. The level design is still horrible, but it's enjoyable in short sessions since there's no new Mega Man games to play.

The real final boss is the character you're not playing as, actually.

Hue

All of those lolis and the only one who will be receiving doujins either her or the memetic twat.

>Implying
The ones receiving doujins will be the puppeteer or the cute mermaid

Not like it matters anyway, none of them are ever going to get scanned.

>These niggas.
It will be some doujins where Gibril rapes the shit out of Gunvolt; Copen and Asrock will get gangbanged and mindbroken. Shit like that.

But this will happen too so we are fucked either way.

I'd love to. But
>it was also revealed that Europe would be getting the digital version on September 30 as well, but the release date for the physical version remains unknown.
>but the release date for the physical version remains unknown.

>the puppeteer
I wonder what they'll cook up.

I'm in the same boat as you. I would get GV2 digital right now, but the fact that the physical edition includes the fixed GV1 tipped me over. I'll wait until that comes out.

>Game 1 had you kill Elise
>Game 2 has you kill Desna

This sucks, man.

>It will be some doujins where Gibril rapes the shit out of Gunvolt

Nigga, that's hot.

And I'm sure it will be some kinky shit too.
I just hope Japan delivers it.

>Also he's hilariously edgy instead of just being a sort of generic nice enough guy like GV is.

>get to the second Tenjian fight
>Tenjian is a mirror copy due to dying earlier
>Tenjian says he does everything for his sister
>Also mentions that he and Zonda aren't actually related
>Copen starts talking about how a fake sister suits his fake life
>says he should probably tell him to pray before dying, but Tenjian doesn't have a soul
>also says that his and his sister's existence is an abomination against God

this fucking asshole

It is unfortunate indeed.